[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Curious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 4chananima.jpg (6KB, 153x200px) Image search: [Google]
4chananima.jpg
6KB, 153x200px
How does /tg like "Anima: Beyond Fantasy"? A local group is starting a few different tabletops and this was the only one suggested that I hadn't heard of.
>>
You need a few months to grok character creation, but beyond that, I hear it plays pretty well.
>>
>>50036243
I remember the mechanisms being decent.
Can't say about the setting, it's a blur after all those years.
Expect your PCs to play like fantasy shonen characters. You even got a specific skill to look cool while doing things, regardless of success or failure.
>>
>>50036243
Crunch is roughtly 7/10 - has its moments, but is definitely above average, yet still nothing really special
Fluff is... well, it depends what you are looking for, really
>>
>>50036243
It's not terrible,

There are much better systems for almost any aspect of the game you are trying to play with, the crunch is a bit clunky, the math is generally pretty solid though.

It can be a nightmare for GMs to keep track of combat bookkeeping, and even worse if you delegate players to helping and they don't have a 100% grasp on the rules (Which are a bit harder to grasp than your average clunky system)

It's not terrible
>>
Pretty shitty mechanics wise. There's a lot of really good ideas there, but they work clunky at best IMO.
>>
>>50036243
2-year GM here to give my two cents.
The crunch itself is very front-heavy, and can intimidate new players, or ones used to D&D-likes who so much as look at it.
Fluff is over-the-top and ranges from weeb to grimderp. This can also turn many potential players off of the system.
Chargen takes a bit of getting used to, but once you have it down, it has great flexibility for having only twenty classes. Though hybrid classes can be a little shafted in secondary abilities.
Speaking of secondaries, there are a lot of them, to cover a lot of build bases. This can also be intimidating, or lead to people being upset that their character can't use the skill, or at least use it well. But considering most routine or day to day stuff either has a REALLY low DC, or none at all, it's not as huge a problem as people make it out to be, unless the GM throws situations that players lack the skills to handle at them all the time.
Combat itself is initially unwieldy, but once you have a grasp on the basics, and understand that there's only ever at most two positive or negative modifiers for rolls(standard bonus/malus to attack and/or All Action Penalty/Bonus), it gets easier. The fact that percentages are involved in determining damage is another thing that turns off d20 players. And combat can be a tad slower than other RPGs.
Balance is almost a non-issue, as nearly all the classes are equally bonkers if min-maxed. Martials tend to take a while to get going, but have no ceiling, Casters have a high ceiling, but their mana replenishes slowly, so they have to consider what spells they fling around carefully, Summoners need prep-time, and psychics start strong and plateau early. The main issue is that most of the pregen enemies were built without munchkins in mind, and will fold to a dedicated min-maxer.

tl;dr 8/10, not for everyone, but still fun.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.