[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DB RPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: DBZ 052.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
DBZ 052.pdf
1B, 486x500px
So did this game just stop existing?
>>
>>50033884
they haven't updated their tumblr since april and i haven't seen them on /tg/ since June. So...yeah probably dead. It's not unplayable in it's current state or anything but I doubt it's gonna start getting more development at any point.
>>
>>50033884
Regalia got buttblasted about a game that copied his formatting, but it turned out that other game was also actually complete and a better game to boot, so everyone made fun of him for a bit then stopped caring completely.
>>
>>50033884
All I've seen from Based Regalia from in a long ass time is just that he joined a Gundam forum I regular and then never posted.

But yeah, it's been a while since the last update and we haven't heard much. So I wouldn't hold my breath on it continuing.

With the game in it's current state, I'd say you'd be better off with something like Dragon Balls in the Vineyard or whatever the Dogs in the Vineyard hack is called.
>>
>>50033991
>>50033991
Wait, what's the other game that took his formating? Can you link it?
>>
>>50034081
I'll try to find it again when I'm not phoneposting with a shitty signal, I saved it on my PC so I can just upload it directly. But I doubt this thread will still be around when I get home.
>>
>>50034238
You can put it in the pdf share thread or some shit I'm sure. Honestly I'm curious about the DitV hack if it's got it's proper hackery written down.
>>
>Dragon Ball: The Roleplaying Game
Oh, hey, that sounds cool. Lemme check it out.

>it's dbz shit
Yeah, no, fuck this. Fuck you.
>>
>>50034637
Here's the DitV hack:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oTq1TU-_zMdTRR4IoJ9VXu5vvq4lzSm2GNZ1-tU6lvs/edit?usp=sharing

It's pretty meh, honestly. And I would know as I'm the anon that wrote it.

Way back during a random DBZ thread some of us got to talking about the idea that instead of trying to simulate the batshit insanity of DB, have a narrative-ish system where the mechanics are concerned with who has the narrative power. Dogs was the first system that came to mind to me so I decided maybe the dice-poker-for-narrative-control system could be worked.

And I guess it worked, I never got a chance to playtest it and supposedly people have played it but fuck if anyone ever told me anything about how it worked out.

Going back to my "meh" comment, I'm not totally satisfied with it.

Dogs actually actively discourages escalating a conflict so I need to do more work to increase the reward side of the risk:reward ratio.

I think the game also ends up with more buckets of dice than Dogs already had, but like I said I haven't been able to see it in practice.

I also want to rework the power levels system, I had some idea where instead of getting a bunch of dice at once it works in some kind of point system, but I can't remember where that idea was going because I never fucking wrote it down.

Maybe re-rework the ki attack system for a third time. Which speaking of I need to edit out the shitty ki attack system and keep just the one that's not so shitty instead of having V1 and V2 as separate options.

I forgot where I was even going with the training rules, but I remember they needed more work.

I was going to work Demonic Influence into the game as some kind of "Plot Intensity" rule, and cook up some way where it could benefit the players as well as the antagonists, but at a risk. Never got around to it obviously.

I never got around to writing in minions and villains, but the rules from Dogs work fine with the hack extra rules slapped on top, probably...
>>
File: peace_out_niggas.jpg (28KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
peace_out_niggas.jpg
28KB, 512x384px
>>50037708
And there's a bunch more stuff that needs work as well.

Honestly I feel like I should just rebuild the system from scratch around the dice mechanic instead, just scrap everything but the dice poker.

I also started a Wushu hack a while ago but honestly lost interest.

Maybe after a couple of hours with Xenoverse 2 I'll get inspired to mess with some of this stuff again.
>>
File: DBZIII.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
DBZIII.pdf
1B, 486x500px
I got bored once and threw something together inside of 24 hours as a personal challenge, and based on what I remembered of the system in OP (without using it directly). It's actually, of all things, a d10-based system loosely modeled on Vampire: the Masquerade.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.