[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to find people to play WoD or something IRL. How do I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: cereal.jpg (299KB, 1000x1068px) Image search: [Google]
cereal.jpg
299KB, 1000x1068px
I want to find people to play WoD or something IRL. How do I go about doing that? I've played like 1.5 games with /tg/ online via roll20, never in real life. Also the only person I know who has played DnD before flaked on making a game, several times now.
>>
b-bump...
>>
Bump from someone with the same concern.
>>
File: sad stapler.jpg (63KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
sad stapler.jpg
63KB, 640x640px
>>50033927
>>
guess trying to make real people IRL friends is anathema around here

time to join a /tg/ game
>>
You think if any of us knew how to make IRL friends, we'd be here all the time?
>>
>>50035168
reeeeeeee
>>
>>50033731
Check if there's a game shop in your.area. Talk to people there. Mention you're looking for a group. See if they have a wanted board or something. Ask the employees about it.

None around?

Is there a theatre group in your area? Consider maybe getting in a show or workshop in it. Because...
1) Tabletop rpgs are something theatre geeks can understand easily cuz it's character focused improv like they already do but with more dice. If they're not already into the hobby, the it's likely they'd be open to it.
2) You can possibley get some of the RPG itch scratched by doing improve.
3) Good way for introverted people to socialize (and thus A coming in because you're meeting new people) and get out of your shell, which might be what you need if you're on 4chan.
>>
>>50033731
I miss Yummy Mummy
>>
>>50035937
>theatre

too physical, i'm disabled, hence my interest in trying out table tops

friendless hikikomori, i had friends before when i played sports but i cant do that anymore

no game shop within 30 minutes of me im pretty sure

guess ill just call that one neighbor and see if he can hook me up with anyone at least
>>
>>50033731
>Check to see if there's a tabletop rpg Facebook group for your area.
>try out the various rpg group finding sites online
>Try to rope a bunch of your friends into playing.
>round up a few people, and try to start a social club, if there okay one in your area. Use it to get a connected game community going in your city and to coordinate game groups for more than yourself. Make a Facebook group. Make a website. Me and some friends did this one, and made a very large connected social gaming group in the city when we were in university. Got a lot of people from the university proper, as well as got connected to people via the gaming stores in town.
>>
>>50036263
>If there isn't one in your area. *

If you go this route, you need an easy place for people to post game writeups and look for local players that match their schedules. Good luck.
>>
>>50036279
(that's not saying it can't be done, that's saying this one requires you making an appropriate web tool one way or another, which isn't terribly difficult. We used Phpbb forums to coordinate gaming groups for years, quite successfully. - I've moved away now, and no longer have my handy gaming group club. Haven't had a game in almost a year, but I'm occupied with other stuff so I haven't minded too much).
>>
>>50033731
go to a local gaming store and put up a flyer with an e-mail address or skype id to contact you

look through the sites that have rpg groups like
rpggamefind
or https://www.meetup.com/topics/role-playing-games-rpgs/
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.