[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your first time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1456482771156.jpg (49KB, 564x796px) Image search: [Google]
1456482771156.jpg
49KB, 564x796px
Hey /tg/.
Yesterday I GMed for the first time.
There were five people, but we managed well enough.
We were playing on Roll20 using this setting called "The Master's Vault."
It's a nice, short campaign I think.

At the moment we have a Human Ranger, out to make cash fucking money,
a Human Cleric, who wishes to transcend humanity by figuring out the raw essence of what it means to heal, and be alive,
a Dragonborn LG Paladin who follows the Goddess of Light, and only has Light spells (like actually just making light), and his character is incredibly stupid and has blind loyalty to the Human Ranger,
a High-Elf Wizard, who believes he can become the best Wizard in the realm,
and an Elf Rogue, who was a prior petty criminal, now training to become an amazing thief.

It's nothing too serious and just me and my friends.

We ended the first session about 8 hours ago, and everyone liked it more than I thought they would.

What was your first time either GMing or Playing like, /tg/?
>>
Played a monk in my brother's DnD group.

investigated a castle with a crazy daemon sword thingy.

Turns out, it was connected with a bebilith that then started stalking around the castle trying to eat us.

Can't quite remember what happened after that. I think we either killed it or the group had to disband.
>>
>>50025490
>Can't quite remember what happened after that. I think we either killed it or the group had to disband.
Being that it is a fucking Beblith going to guess the group disbanded as Bebliths are pretty strong.
>>
>>50025342
It was freeform play-by-post with strangers. It was total garbage
>>
>>50025342
Playing at all? It was a pokemon play by post.
Playing DnD specifically? It was a kobold fighter in... Another play by post. It was shit.
>>
>>50025342
My first time playing was early 3.0 D&D. Played a Dwarf Cleric. DM was my dad and one of his friends played an Elven Druid.

I forgot what happened for the most part, only really remember the fact that I killed way more orcs with magic rocks than could be expected.
>>
>>50026065
Play by posts work great for me because of my unpredictable/inconsistent schedule, but it's so hard to find good people if you're just doing it with randos. So many of them spazz out or straight up disappear into the nether.

anyway, not dnd, but my very first rp was when I was like 9 or 10 on Harvest Moon forums. I didn't know what an rp was and tried to play as a chicken on a farm. Like these kids were being sugoi anime characters romancing each other and I would just post like "i walk arund and eat sum of grain" periodically. then I got flamed off and cried little 10 year old tears, rightfully so I guess.

First actual table top sort of deal with actual systems was in HS and a lot of fun. The art teacher would GM for us after school and a surprising amount of people would show. I think it was cuz he was a cool dude and word got around, so even nongeeky people would show up and it was just a ball. Some of the seniors started to GM different groups at its peak. Mostly we did little oneshot or things we could resolve in like 2 weeks, not sure if we did it right but it was a lot of fun.

My first time GMing kind of sucked, because I was just a replacement GM to stop the game from dying when our first dude went AWOL for like a year.
>>
>>50025342
Okay. It took me a bit to get into the flow of it and let rules be more guidelines when the need arises. One thing I'm grateful for is that I never had troubles weaving a player's backstory into the narrative without detracting from the other players.
>>
File: 1425003077401.gif (1MB, 776x434px) Image search: [Google]
1425003077401.gif
1MB, 776x434px
>follows the Goddess of Light
>blind loyalty
>>
>>50025342
>playing
I think it was 3.5 a few years ago in high school, pretty basic shit (I played a LG Dwarf Cleric stereotype)

>GMing
Been running a game at uni for a couple months for a group of newbies, we're finishing the 5e starter set this week and starting Storm King's Thunder. Everyone is pretty chill except for one lolrandumb Tiefling Vengeance Paladin.
>>
>>50027110
Yeah, I feel ya.
Only after half way through the game do I feel like we actually started getting really into the structure of the roleplay, rather than 100% by the book.

>>50027138
KEK
Either you're very clever, my player is, or both.

>>50026122
...Explain that last bit there.

>>50026065
>>50026079
That's unfortunate, I give you two condolences.
>>
>>50027666
>...Explain that last bit there.
Clerics have a spell called Magic Stone that turns three rocks into 1d6 (or 2d6 vs undead) damage death machines that have a +1 enhancement that can be thrown or shot with a sling.

Spent the entire 1st and 2nd level braining enemies with magic rocks.
>>
>>50027913
That's some good shit, anon.
I wanna see our Cleric do that now.
>>
>>50025342
Playing was AD&D with my uncle as GM and my cousins, we nearly wiped because they started looting graves in a haunted crypt like the dumbfucks they are and pissed off a giant skeleton that was hanging from the ceiling.

GMing was also AD&D with my highschool friends, they went out into the deep ocean to loot not!Atlantis and the most memorable part was when the wild mage made a gold plate light enough to float from the ocean floor to the surface and ended up breaking a bunch of bones and getting a serious case of the bends because he was standing on top of it at the time.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.