[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Abusing 5e.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: psSqYk0.jpg (59KB, 780x600px) Image search: [Google]
psSqYk0.jpg
59KB, 780x600px
So im in a 5e campaign and interested in fucking with the dm, mainly cause the dm is annoying me in a few ways.
im playing as a aasimar ranger, lawful evil. any suggestions?
>>
What is the DM doing that is annoying you so much?
>>
File: assmar.jpg (112KB, 650x375px) Image search: [Google]
assmar.jpg
112KB, 650x375px
>>50008159

Sucks to your aasimar.
>>
File: 1475503038063.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1475503038063.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>>50008159
>any suggestions?

Well first you need a gun. Make sure it's loaded! Now, place it against your temple and pull the trigger!

Good luck, this should solve the problem.
>>
File: 1438190084470.jpg (108KB, 790x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1438190084470.jpg
108KB, 790x1000px
>>50008159
>>
I suggest you just don't play and find some better use of your time. Have you considered suicide?
>>
>>50008159
Arcane Trickster. Never give the Rogue Magic. Int-based Skillmonkey with Sneak Attack and a huge bag of tricks. A fun character that screws with your DM'S plans using inventive methods to use spells. Your party loves him, your DM hates him.
>>
>>50008261
Why would anything you said cause a DM to hate you? I suppose there are DMs out there that will hate a fighter for attacking too much or a wizard for being to magical, but outside of the bizarrely unreasonable I don't really see the problem here
>>
>>50008179
nothing in particular. some of his tactics are a bit hamfisted. Mostly it's cause he's new and I'm worried he might overestimate the party, so i want to have some trump cards up my sleeve
>>
>>50008261
Thanks. where can i find a spell list?
>>
>>50008341
You are an awful person. Let them have their fun and leave their game alone.
>>
>>50008383
He and I are close friends IRL. He also has some killer dm tendencies and is prone to railroading at times. My goal is not to be a constant derailer, just to serve as a protector to the party's interests
>>
>>50008261
You're splitting spellcasting stat between Wis and Int? This is a stupid idea.

> A fun character that screws with your DM'S plans using inventive methods to use spells.

Like what exactly.. that's what OP is actually asking for.
>>
>>50008159
Beastmaster archetype, Giant Poisonous Snake companion. Distribute gratuitous amounts of Serpent Venom to the entire party. Completely upset DPR expectations.
>>
File: e76.png (616KB, 1280x722px) Image search: [Google]
e76.png
616KB, 1280x722px
>>50008159
Just be yourself anon
>>
>>50008512
>My goal is not to be a constant derailer

>Be a dick
>My friend runs a campaign and is a new DM
>I'm going to make as OP a character as possible and constantly derail his campaign
Jesus Christ you are an asshole.
>>
File: H3U8mcu.jpg (12KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
H3U8mcu.jpg
12KB, 255x255px
>>50008159
>>
>>50009221
Unfortunately I doubt it. There are so many fucking stories on /tg/ about the brave player going out of their way to fuck up some evil GM's game because they didn't like their campaign. /tg/ is so fucking entitled as players, if a GM does anything wrong they are shit, if a player doesn't like the game fucking it up instead of talking with the GM or leaving the game is seen as cool or funny.
>>
>>50008192
underrated
>>
>>50008159
Get pass without trace, get a bag of holding, place your party in the bag. Boom, suddenly your entire party can stealth completely silently and completely without leaving behind and clues they were there. Campaign becomes a joke, any encounter you don't want to deal with is skipped entirely. The only problem is you have to get your DM to commit to letting your party all go into the bag of holding with a renewable source of air. Suggest something reasonable because if you go to greedy (like saying unlimited air forever), the DM will probably be harsh with his ruling.
>>
>>50009248
>Unfortunately I doubt it. There are so many fucking stories on /tg/ about the brave player going out of their way to fuck up some evil GM's game because they didn't like their campaign. /tg/ is so fucking entitled as players, if a GM does anything wrong they are shit, if a player doesn't like the game fucking it up instead of talking with the GM or leaving the game is seen as cool or funny.

Except there's daily 'That Guy' threads.

This shit should be treated like the bait it is - whether or not OP is being genuine.

Tell fuckheads to get fucked.
>>
>>50009347
>Except there's daily 'That Guy' threads.
Half of the time it players being assholes while portraying GMs for being dicks because they don't want their campaign completely ruined by players who want to wander off and become pirates or noblemen or whatever.
>>
>>50008192
I laughed harder than was warranted.
>>
File: HELPING!.jpg (99KB, 800x539px) Image search: [Google]
HELPING!.jpg
99KB, 800x539px
OP, have you considered talking it through like an adult instead of throwing a tantrum?
>>
>>50008512

You don't need any in-game auto-win shenanigans for this.

All you need to do is be assertive and be sure that you and the DM are on the same page when making decisions.

Call out if you think he's trying to fuck you with his shitty railroad attempt.

>"I'm not going into the cave if the entrance is going to collapse behind us"

>"The Dragon demands you give him the McGuffin Crystal so he can become God and then eradicate all Humans or he'll kill your best friend"
>"Nah, if he wants to kill because he isn't getting his way then that's his problem. Its in our best interest to not give him the crystal"

>You're mind controlled & compelled to give the baby to the vampire to feed on
>I didn't get a saving throw, I don't think its fair unless I do.

etc
>>
>>50008159
Hey its me, you DM. Don't bother showing up tomorrow.
>>
>>50008159
How do you even have and keep friends?
>>
>>50011331
No, seriously. How?
>>
>Aasimar
>ranger
You have an awful race and an awful class. You're not going to manage any kind of ""abuse"" in 5E.
>>
Pull your head out of your fucking arse m8.
>>
>>50008159
You must really be a fun guy to be around.
>>
>>50008159
> Role playing is about shitting all over your friends
>>
>>50009126
>be character that gets an animal companion
>use companion as venom farm
underrated
>>
>>50012205
>"friends"
Let's be honest, OP doesn't have any friends.
>>
You sound like a right cunt.
>>
>>50008512

Cunt.
>>
>>50009091
Arcane Trickster uses Intelligence for spellcasting, not Wisdom.

>>50008261
How is that frustrating? As a DM, the fun is watching your players use their resources to unravel the challenges you put before them.

>>50008341
Don't be a dipshit.
>>
>>50008159
Ranger is one of, if not the, weakest classes in 5e. The only viable builds are the hunter types and all those let you do is be a reasonably effective combatant. There is nothing in particular you can do with this character that will destroy your newbie DM's campaign for no damn reason at all, which is fortunate, because it's a shitty idea and you should be fucking ashamed you asshat.
>>
>>50008159
Shoot yourself in the brain.
>>
>>50009126
You can't do that. Check the Sage Advice.
>>
>>50008159
>Aasimar Ranger
>Abusing 5e
Pfffahahahaha, you're going to suck so much
>>
>>50008261
I played one, pretty awesome
>BB+Cunning action
>Familiar for perma aid
>Minor Illusion
>>
>>50012231
So underrated you can't actually do that
>>
>>50008159
Have you considered not playing Aasimar or rangers
They're both trash
If you want to get cheesy you should make a bard. Probably a half-elf.
>>
File: 1472594398524.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1472594398524.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>50008192
>>
>>50008159
If your DM is that bad, leave the game. No attempt to "get back at him" in game will succeed, because he's the DM, and if he wants to not get fucked over he'll rule 0 you.
>>
>>50009413
I've had to do that.
>Vampire sucks the blood out of raging Barb >DM: "You take full damage for this, none of this halfing shit."
>Me: "So he's psychically draining my blood? Because I'm resistant to everything but psychic damage..."
>DM: "Whatever, take half damage."
Not the first time I almost just walked out.
>>
>>50017348
Vampire bite in 5e deals mainly necrotic damage, which your rage does not give you resistance against.
>>
>>50017585
Unless he's Bearbarian
>>
>>50017601
Sorry, right, I forget that there are other barbarians.
>>
Stop being a literal shit OP.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.