[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 353
Thread images: 30

File: Orc Lore.jpg (284KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Orc Lore.jpg
284KB, 1275x1650px
>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
https://mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Community DMs Guild trove
>Submit to [email protected], cleaning available!
https://mega.nz/#F!UA1BhCBS!Oul1nsYh15qJvCWOD2Wo9w

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>/tg/ character sheets
https://mega.nz/#F!x0UkRDQK!l-iAUnE46Aabih71s-10DQ

Previous thread >>50002647

Orc Edition

How are your orcs different, /5eg/?
>>
>>50007568
>How are your orcs different, /5eg/?

They hit everyone with their ranged weapons as melee weapons while applying their sharpshooter bonus. DONUT STEAL
>>
>>50007568
I refluff them as pdf related, since I think they're a bit too weeaboo.
>>
>>50007610
Is this the guy that made the shitty warlock homebrew and does emojis?
>>
Elves are for dex bonus and longbow proficiency
>>
>>50007641
>Elves are for sex bonus and long"sword" proficiency

Ftfy
>>
>>50007592
Damn, I never would have realized that you can use Sharpshooter with javelins. I'll make sure not to steal your cool idea. :^)
>>
>>50007660
Well you see in my setting I give them crossbows.
>>
>>50007671
Lots of crossbows.
>>
>>50007679
40 each in case they break
>>
>>50007671
Well I get that, but I also didn't realize that the feat can be used with thrown weapons.
>>
>>50007689
They always break when you hit any creature with them. Didn't you know?
>>
>>50007610
Goddamnit fuck you
>>
>>50007702
Only on wednesdays
>>
File: Tanarukk.jpg (257KB, 1275x1672px) Image search: [Google]
Tanarukk.jpg
257KB, 1275x1672px
This orc requires no crossbows nor theorycrafting. All he needs is a big sword. We should all aspire to be like him.
>>
>>50007568
I never really like using Orcs in my settings. The one time I did end up doing something different with them they had a religious sun-worshiping cult, and had coal black skin with ember eyes. Sort of a fire theme basically.

I usually dislike including them because they're either an always evil monster race, or they're just noble savages that aren't always evil but players expect to be.
>>
>>50007738
Hey - What's a common but strong enemy that can kill a small battalion of infantry?

I'm trying to figure out what kind of an enemy will make my paladin go bonkers
>>
Might run Storm King's Thunder tomorrow.
Any tips for running it? I've got SCAG too and I'm starting the players out on a caravan on way to Nightstone. They're starting around Tielta but I'm planning on locking anywhere South of the Way Inn once they get that far.
>>
>there are still plebians that don't use sharpshooter on their maul attacks

>not making your maul out of darts
>>
>>50007761
Anything with AoE. Hmm... Maybe a Banshee. With her Wail, she can wreck anything within 30ft.
>>
Okay, so my half-orc champion fighter using a longbow mostly sucked. We're switching from the Hoard of Dragons to Tyranny book now, and I feel like rerolling.
What shit should I take as a druid to not feel useless to my party. Currently level 8. What's the bee's knees. What's the cream of the crop.
>>
>>50007738
>Magic Resistance
>quasi-Dash as a bonus action
>can counterattack in melee
>with advantage
Fug.
Fug.
>>
>>50007761
A single cyclops can pretty much kill one or two NPC soldier per turn and ignore the pain of being attacked.
>>
>>50007738
I always have my orcs making demon pacts and shit because it makes them more interesting than just barbarous big guys.

Glad I have more barbarous big guys to add to my orc collection for when I have them do demon stuff.
>>
So, how do you harvest Elvish Silk from an Elf?
>>
>>50007853
Generally by beheading.
>>
>>50007568
In my homebrew world, female Orcs don't exist female half orcs do though so Orcs have to constantly capture females of other races to breed in the hopes of a half-orc female being born to explain why they're assholes who constantly raid other races
>>
>>50007868
Sounds magical.
>>
>>50007653
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjHclWPVij0

>>50007610
your waifus are shit
anyone got the other one that iirc was actually playable?
>>
>>50007890
Still catgirl, or the Awoo one?
>>
i'm about to start a new DM group, but I'm not sure which adventure to pick between OotA and PotA.

anyone played either and have some comments about them?
>>
>>50007956
both of those. setting needs some diversity.
>>
File: Giant Personality.png (1MB, 1187x1559px) Image search: [Google]
Giant Personality.png
1MB, 1187x1559px
Rolled 2 (1d8)

Why aren't we making a giant right now? Rolling for personality trait.
>>
>>50007965
Forgot to grab the other one, but here.
>>
>>50007979
>2

Would make for a great villain with noble intentions.
>>
>>50008001
anon delivers
>>
So is the throne thing that shoots lightning in Storm King's Thunder something you can actually GET as a player? Or just there for flavor and plot hooks? Heard some folks talking about it when the campaign came out and it sounds like a hilarious item to get.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d6)

>>50007979

So while our giant realizes that ̶F̶i̶l̶i̶p̶i̶n̶o̶s̶ Giants are the most powerful race in the world, they also understand that their power should be used to benefit everyone.

Rolling for ideal.
>>
Roll20s UI seems to lack so much

I'm just using my own personal PDF character sheet and putting the basics and abilities of things on my character
>>
>>50008075
I mean, if you murder all of the storm giants that control the throne, you could probably harness it yourself. It was originally forged by the dwarven god of secrets for the king of the shield dwarves of Shanatar, so you could probably magically shrink the throne back to its original size and assume its power for yourself.
>>
>>50008092
>fucking pinoys
>not glorious Samoans
>>
>>50008109
The DM/owner of the game needs to pick a charsheet template and add the compendium (or library? can't quite remember what it's called), then you can literally drag and drop skills/monsters/spells as you need them.
>>
>>50007738
How the fuck is this CR 5?
>>
File: FACT.jpg (35KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
FACT.jpg
35KB, 640x426px
>>50008132
Sorry senpai, the facts don't lie.
>>
>>50008154
Depends, do you think CR 5 is too high, or too low?
>>
>>50008154
4 level 5 PCs should be able to beat it.
>>
>>50008185
>>50008201
Low. It seems pretty fucking rough. Not impossible, but pretty rough.
>>
>>50008131

So we'd have to murderhobo everyone to get it? Mm that's disappointing. It's an AL legal game so I was hoping I could get it without ridiculous out of the way bloodshed. Hmph.
>>
>>50007568
Most of the orcs in my setting have been enslaved. A massive volcanic eruption wiped out a fuckload of them, which was followed by the arrival of a hobgoblin army who saw the volcano/explosion as a sign from Maglubiyet. So the redskins built their home on the ashes of what little civilization the orcs had, and bent the orcs to their will as attack dogs and manual labour.
>>
>>50007653
Get back to /pfg/.

/5eg/ is pure! PURE!
>>
>>50008154
>>50008247

I just did the math using the table in the DMG, and it's exactly a CR 5 monster.

While it has 95 hit points, it has an effective 142 from its resistances to fire (one of the most common damage types) and poison. With its magic resistance giving it an effective 2 AC, this gives it a total Defensive CR of 5.

For calculating Offensive CR, we assume that every attack made by the monster hits. This gives it 30 damage per round, becoming 32 after you factor in its Aggressive trait. It also has a +7 to hit, so this makes it considerably more accurate than most other creatures within that same range of damage per round. This gives it a final Offensive CR of 5

Defensive CR: 5
Offensive CR: 5
Final CR: 5

Sorry about my autism, but it's actually a pretty tough monster. It's mobile, accurate, and tough to kill.
>>
>>50008247
Not really. Keep in mind CR 5 monsters are already supposed to be rough. The higher proficiency technically means another "tier" of monsters. If anything, it's CR looks higher than it should be judging by its statistics. It has a Defensive CR of 3 and an Offensive CR of 5, average at 4.
>>
>>50008290
Shoot, I forgot to factor in the resistances, you're right.
>>
>>50008290
>it has an effective 142 from its resistances to fire (one of the most common damage types) and poison.
That's debatable imo. Any and all characters should be able to get around a single resistance like that effectively, so it might be a CR 4 monster if you don't consider it adjusted.

It's still fine, though. Most playtest-adjusted monsters get adjusted up a CR for Wizards' stuff.
>>
>>50007568
They aren't really.

They used to be, more or less, the Cossacks of the old world before the world broke and everything got swallowed up by the earth.

The few remaining Orcs on the surface are a dying breed, existing as nomadic tribal mercenaries and raiders.

The Orcs under the earth have come to be the mightiest of subsurface races, [spoilers]excluding the Drow and Duregar, who still possess magi-tech weaponry[/spoilers], and with the recent discovery of the dungeons have become an issue on the surface once more.
>>
File: Sniperarrowstabtauntkill.png (296KB, 747x964px) Image search: [Google]
Sniperarrowstabtauntkill.png
296KB, 747x964px
What's the best rogue archetype for a "sniper" style character, hangs back in combat and uses a longbow/heavy crossbow with Sharpshooter?
Thief is strong, very pliable and the climb speed could be good for getting to nests quickly.
Assassin is strong thematically, but really doesn't do much besides that one strong opening attack.
AT, Swashbuckler, and Mastermind don't do too much for it due to range limitations.
...unless I'm missing some useful element, I think I've answered the question.
>>
>>50008467

battlemaster
>>
>>50008422
>>50008414

I think that the system for determining CR is kind of wonky. Another CR 5 monster, the Cambion, has an Offensive CR of 4, but a Defensive CR of 7. While I guess it averages out to 5.5, it still seems like it would be a considerably longer fight than usual.
Overall, I think the Tanarukk can pretty safely be called a CR 5 monster. It's something that an orc encampment might throw at a group of adventurers as a last resort.
>>
>>50008467
Swashbuckler can still be good at range since you get Charisma added to initiative and get their at-will taunt move. Mastermind can help too, stay at range using your bonus action for the Help action to give melee allies advantage. And AT is always fun because of its magical utility.

Whichever you do, I suggest a dip into fighter to grab the Archery fighting style, or three max to grab Battle Master Stuff which are really good with rogue. Or, if your DM allows it, dip two into the revised ranger so you can get the fighting style, hunter's mark, and the new favored enemy and natural explorer stuff. Or hell, even three for the beast conclave and get a buddy giving you the sneak attack ally and generally being another body, as long as you're good with reviving them often.
>>
>>50007568
My Orcs are heavily based on Warcraft Orcs because I like them too much.Twisted and strange clans based around weird rituals and dogmas. Gouging out the eye, replacing a lost limb with a weapon, wearing the skull of a foe. I love the idea of ritualistic scarring and mutilation.

My Orcs also straight up come from Orcus, who profaned the flesh of men, dwarves, and boars, to make an army for his whims. Their black blood flows and corrupts that which it touches. Grummush (my way of saying Gruumsh) is like Orcish Odin, sacrificing flesh for the wisdom to banish their creator Orcus back to the Abyss.

Now they're autonomous clans in the world without purpose. They're brutal meritocracies where all are assimilated and broken to be equal, and it's by ones own strength and skill that they earn their life and power. As such clans are full of beings other than Orcs, but all are part of the clan. They're essentially become a mongrel people.
>>
File: howtousecompendium.png (3MB, 1628x9088px) Image search: [Google]
howtousecompendium.png
3MB, 1628x9088px
>>50008109
>>50008137
It's called an SRD in the in-game UI, but a compendium in the site otherwise.

I went full retard and made a guide to activating character sheets and importing monsters. It's basically the same thing with spells / equipment on your character sheet, you just don't switch the sheet over to NPC.

I messed up and
>>
>>50008497
At the very least, it isn't as bad as the thug, which is supposed to be a CR 1/2 and is actually a CR 1.
>>
So I'm reading through the UA revised ranger, and have to wonder how people can see it as any better than the current Ranger.
They even nerf the beastmaster path, making it so that they don't get a second attack.
And there are no flying or swimming beasts in the default companions, so your companion's potential utility is greatly reduced when compare to the find familiar spell. Which can be taken using a single feat that also provides other benefits.
>>
>>50008467
AT with greater invisibility.
AT with silent image or minor illusion for portable cover.
AT for familiar, so you can dee through its eye while you're hiding a you prevent "You can't see target from 800ft away! argument.

Magic is just better for everything.
>>
>>50008555
>I messed up and
accidentally a whole sentence.
I also got a bit lazier as the thing went on, but hey. I tried to help. Th-that's what counts, right?
>>
>>50008571
>They even nerf the beastmaster path, making it so that they don't get a second attack.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the pet itself get a HUGE buff, get to take its own turn, and can use a reaction attack after the ranger attacks?
And even if the pet dies it can easily be resurrected so now rangers don't need to be so terrified of losing their pet in battle.
>>
So i'm playing a rogue in Barovia and i was wondering if people had any tricks with mundane items, like throwing ink into eyes, ball bearings and such
>>
>>50008571
because base ranger got vastly improved and >>50008593
that, an autonomous beast is a massive improvement even if certain aspects of it got nerfed.
>>
>>50008571
anon...
they buffed the beastmaster by making it not take an action to tell your pet to do things. AKA, you aren't just a single character anymore- your pet is now better than a wizard / warlock familiar because you don't give up your turn for it.
>>
>>50008571
The extra attack is on the beast. You companion actually get an HD worth of HP every level. Instead of the useless +2 or +3 it used to get. You can increase it stats (and thus DC on effect like prone), so it get more accuracy and damage.

AND IT DOESN'T COST YOU AN ACTION TO DO STUFF.

Problem with old BM is that a Ranger action is better than everything your beast can do, and you beast will die in 1 hit to everything anyway. So there is no point in being a BM at all.
>>
File: 1428300525673.jpg (70KB, 600x776px) Image search: [Google]
1428300525673.jpg
70KB, 600x776px
>>50008491
I know that the numbers are better, but rogue is the best way to get that "one shot one kill" thing going, and helps with an operator feel thanks to all of the skills.
>>50008505
While I like masterminds, the limit to 30 foot range is pretty harmful to being well out of harm's way. At best I could remain at 45 feet away from the nearest target, moving up with half of my movement to help and then back. This also sacrifices the advantage I could try to earn with hiding in order to give it to my friend, which is good for them but hurts my chances of getting sneak attack off, especially if I want a power shot.
Likewise I like swashbucklers, but their range is quite limited as well. Their only early combat bonuses are for melee, and would help me slip out, but then I wouldn't be able to shoot again. Panache also attracts enemies to me rather than away, and is limited to a 60 foot range.
>>50008572
Greater Invisibility is very lategame. Silent Image (or minor illusion as a small race) is a good point, but I can only use so many each day. And you can't shoot when you use your action to see through your familiar, though they are still useful for aiding allies and delivering touch spells.
>>
File: HappyCat.jpg (121KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
HappyCat.jpg
121KB, 1600x1200px
>>50008571
The ranger loses extra attack, but gains in action economy and raw damage capability. The beast gets two attacks (one on its turn, one as a reaction on the ranger's turn), which each get its proficiency bonus to damage. On a wolf, by 8th level (after the second ASI) that can be 2d4 + 7 x2, plus the ranger's attacks, which could be 2d6 + 5 x2 with TWF and Hunter's Mark, or 2d6 + 4 x2 with crossbow expert and HM, or 1d8 + 14 + 1d6 with sharpshooter and HM. Due to the ASI increases the beast can see a huge increase in AC as well, and their saving throw bonuses make them extremely resilient. They also have more HP than the PHB beast by default, with the d8 hit dice + Con.0
>>
>>50008636
You use familiar to scout 800ft away and confirmed your target. It just a way to protect yourself from DM dickery.

> lol you just shoot a noble of a bandit because they swap clothes!

Yes, I am salty on this subject.
>>
>>50008670
Noble instead of bandit. Man, I am so mad I can't even into sentence
>>
>>50008613
>>50008609
>>50008605
>>50008593
moving the attack to the beast is a huge nerf, since the beast won't use magic weapons, unlike the ranger presumably would
>>
>>50008636
Speaaking of late game, once your arcane trickster get haste, you can do sneak attack twice per round. Use haste extra action to attack and use your normal action to ready attack out of turn.
>>
>>50008759
This is true, but lack of magic attacks is a problem the PHB ranger had. I'm hoping the final print of the revised ranger fixes that and adds it to their 7th level feature.
>>
>>50008759
That why it get proficiency to damage. Unless you are talking about resistance, then there is insignia of claw.
>>
File: Beholder.png (924KB, 1227x1560px) Image search: [Google]
Beholder.png
924KB, 1227x1560px
Oh no! This Beholder has lost all of his color! Can you help him, /5eg/?
>>
>>50008759
It means the ranger gets three attacks, with various attack riders. Four with TWF.
>>
>>50008563
>When you accidentally round up
>>
File: a.jpg (131KB, 810x990px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
131KB, 810x990px
>>50007868
That's my minotaurs, except that there is no females born or half-minotaurs.
>>
>>50008273
Why does someone bring up plant fucker general every thread? I mean I understand telling someone to go to the /trash/ but what do plant fuckers have to do with bad opinions?
>>
File: 1475814408514.jpg (3KB, 124x125px) Image search: [Google]
1475814408514.jpg
3KB, 124x125px
>>50008859
They regularly come in here to talk shit, aka pic related.
>>
>>50008772
>>50008759
I mean, fighters and barbarians don't get anything that makes them overcome resistance to nonmagical weapons. Should they get that too? Or should the DM just give out magic items more frequently?
>>
>>50008859
>when you confuse /d/ with /tg/
well memed.
>>
>>50008847
This just reminded me. I've always wanted to try running a labyrinth-style adventure (not the film, although I don't mind including a David Bowie NPC). Anyone ever done this? Tips/suggestions?

Obviously with a minotaur residing within.
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 400x329px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 400x329px
I snagged one of these as a familiar. Pretty comfy. Stupid useful too, even as far as familiars go.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Tressym
>>
>>50008909
>Tips/suggestions?
Don't. Navigating a proper labyrinth will either be painfully simple or will bring the pace of your game to a fucking crawl.
>>
>>50008898
All martials are expected to get at least one magic weapon by third-tier (11th level and higher) whether it's just a +1 sword or a Holy Avenger. Monks and moon druids get a way to overcome resistances with their unarmed strikes and natural weapons respectively, but ranger companions don't have any way to overcome it themselves, not even with a spell.
>>
>>50008945
>expected to
That's not how this works. Resistance doesn't exist just to be overcome.
>>
>>50008909
In the Rise of Tiamat adventure, Chapter 7 has a pretty cool magical labyrinth. I don't think it's exactly what you're looking for, but it might give you some ideas.
>>
>>50007568
Finishing up my Halloween one shot. The final boss of the one shot is gonna be a variant of the gibbering mouther but with a shit load of heads. Trying to figure out how to change the boss to accommodate this.

Also, the monster gets stronger every day that they take to figure out what's going on. Is it shitty to make the boss a guaranteed tpk if they don't figure it out in time? (5 days game time, 3 days are going to be investigation with a lot of clues). I'll probably give them the opportunity to run but make it clear that they lost. Maybe have another one shot where they get another chance later.

I've warned them that it's high lethality and I'm pretty sure one or two (of five) will die during the course of the game.
>>
>>50009033
yes it's shitty to make it a guaranteed TPK
it's fine to make it very difficult, but don't try to guarantee a tpk.
>>
Do you keep to the distinctions of devils and demons or do you just use what you like in any combination you like?
>>
>>50009014
I'll check it out, thanks.
>>50008932
I'd rather the solution to its navigation be on the simple side so long as I could at least, for some brief moment, have the players feel like they're trapped in a labyrinth. I don't need it to be a literal maze, however. But some sort of puzzle at the center of it all that would lead to their navigation out of it would be sufficient, as well as a showdown at some point with the Minotaur that's been on their trail the entire time. Perhaps right when they think they've come to the exit.
>>
>>50009087
depends on campaign
>>
>>50009052
This, I really hate it and I think most players do too.
I had a DM that would ALWAYS end one-shots in TPKs until we told him we weren't interested in playing those anymore. For some reason he didn't understand players like the idea of their characters still being alive in fiction even if that one-shot will never have another follow up.

Also, generally feels lazy. Comes across as "I couldn't think of a good way to end it so I'll just make sure you die at the end."
>>
I'll be running a one shot for a wizard and a sorcerer. Since as they'll be rather squishy, I think I'll make a bodyguard NPC to help them. What should I do? I'm considering a barbarian with a level of fighter for the Protection fighting style.
>>
>>50007823
Honestly, changing your character for no real reason that far in is pretty shit, unless your table already sucks.

If you must, make sure you take circle of the moon. There's a guide on the Giant in the Playground forums about which forms you should stick to. Remember that you don't get to actually pick your summons RAW, but since your table seems pretty relaxed, if you do get to pick your summons, don't underestimate the power of multiple low-CR creatures who can cast spells you can't, especially in a system with bounded accuracy and balance that hinges on number of attacks per turn. Over a single high-CR summon that is. The summoning spells are a given.
>>
>>50009155
Is the one-shot already decided? What level are they?

You could instead face them off against equally skilled spellcasters and have the one-shot be a battle of wits and creative casting.
>>
>>50008571
Here's a few countepoints:

Pets now use their own turn/initiative.
Pets are now basically sentinel fighters.
Pets get ASI so your wolf with 20 Dex, 20 Con or Boa with 20 Str 20 Con are going to be equivalent to having a Monk or Grapler barbarian PC under your control.
Reviving a pet is now possible and replacing one isn't as expensive or time consuming.

Also for new Ranger in general:
Favoured enemy was overhauled so you have more general groups of enemies (Humanoids, Beasts, Outsiders etc.) which makes the bonus actually usable.
>>
>>50009169
That sounds like a fun idea. They're level 6 and I still have no clue of what is going to happen, except that I'd like to tie it into the whole Tyranny of Dragons / Cult of the Dragon storyline
>>
File: Why do beholders hate each other.jpg (894KB, 1227x1560px) Image search: [Google]
Why do beholders hate each other.jpg
894KB, 1227x1560px
>>50008802
Found them.
>>
>>50009052
If they don't solve the mystery, I feel like there should be some dire consequences. Most of them will probably not survive to that point anyways. I'll take a look and see if there's any way I can make it doable. Maybe add creative ways for them to win, removing the combat necessity.

Like a Kryptonite.
>>
>>50009160
I went with spell casting (land) instead of shapeshifting. Shapeshifting seemed like too much of a headache to do combat shit with.
And there's enough reason to switch character. It's the end of the campaign book and the beginning of the next. My half-orc completed his task and moved on after getting plenty of loot from the dragon hoard. Probably goes and leads a comfortable life.

Seems like Circle of Land provides a lot of cool support options and can still lift his weight in consistent damage with cantrips and summons. It just seems rough that so many Druid spells are concentration. I've got shit like Slow, Entangle, Fearie Fire, and the summon spells... It seems like I might cast one spell a combat and just cantrip spam.
>>
>>50009149
They ASKED me for a high difficulty, high lethality mystery even though 5e isn't really the best system for that. I offered to do a more traditional one shot.
>>
How's this /5eg/?
http://dicefreaks.freeforums.org/post11303.html#p11303
>>
>>50009263

I think high difficulty, high lethality doesn't have to mean "automatic TPK". Do something like crank up the CR of the monster by 1 every day past the third it takes them to solve the mystery. They'll still get their fight, but if they took too long it's going to be rough as hell.
>>
>>50009261
Eek. We're pretty far from cream of the crop, here, but still powerful. Circle of Land or whatever is just a pretty noticeable step down. Still, druids are a solid class. Keep summoning spells in your arsenal and you'll be fine.
>>
What roll do you need to put manacles on someone during battle and what condition would they be under?
>>
>>50009301
That's the plan already. I'm talking about after they've missed their window completely. Like end times situation.

I'm gonna put some shit in there to level the playing field though, you guys are right. But if they miss that stuff too then they're getting shredded, I don't care what you say. I'm spelling shit out for them already. They're not very smart or observant or creative or intuitive and if they can't be fucked find anything they don't deserve to win.
>>
>>50007963
What kind of players do you have? To narrow it down between those two adventures specifically I would ask a simple question. When imprisoned by drow at first level, are they smart enough to escape with only a 25% chance of someone getting killed, or are they not the kind of group that wants to spend 45 minutes on a plan that will take 10? Basically, can they treat the game like old school D&D where you always had to be careful, or are they less cautious? Cause any party that's not up for looking before you leap and measuring twice, cutting once is going to have a bad time in OotA. PotA on the other hand is much more forgiving, with something of a home base town, a lack of the need for constant resource management, and rather than demons, underdark monsters, and drow hellbent on your re-capture lots of enemies with preservation instincts you can have run away if things get hairy for the players, up to and including the 4 primary antagonists.
>>
>>50009212
Well I know that setting has the Red Wizards or some shit, right?
I don't know what the Red Wizards motivation is, but perhaps one of their members and your PCs could be after the same thing? The same item? Maybe this particular member of the red wizards is a bit of a bumbling idiot and you can improve hijinks that ensue as both parties are in pursuit of something.
Or if you have more time, you can devise a plan to really test your player's clever use of spells. Or do what I do (sometimes) and just throw a puzzle at them without thinking of a solution (just don't make it impossible), and if their solution they come up with sounds feasible let them succeed. If their plan is fucking retarded let them fail.
>>
>>50009371
That's completely justified, I think.
Giving players reasonable opportunity and warning is basically all you need to do.

My post about the DM that always forced a TPK would do things like "and an angel shows up, roll initiative." Or we just finished what we thought was the boss battle, suddenly friendly NPC turns on us out of nowhere (zero hints, no motivation for them to do so), and "roll initiative."

Have fun with it and don't feel like you have to hold back on them. Just don't try to force a TPK and I think everyone will really enjoy it. Good luck!
>>
>>50007568

Tribesmen that got hired as mercenaries by countries, got back stabbed a lot and became the target of many bullying nations. Finally got tired of being kicked around and began fighting back. Went around as a full army and whipping forces that were sent after them although said forces underestimated a united Orc front. Eventually settled on an island with good naval defenses and had a couple more wars. Eventually chilled out and turned towards controlling their anger management by becoming peaceful farmers. A few incidents have occurred where orc farmers ran away from a raiding force only to run back wearing armor and frothing at the mouth, where afterwards they revert back to their bumbling peaceful manners.

Young adventuresome orcs leave their new homeland to satisfy their wonderlust and go adventuring before eventually heading back home.
>>
>>50008164
>IT'S
>>
>>50009407
Thanks for the input man. And I'm not at all doing the "rocks fall, you all die" ending. Just trying to round this whole thing out with worst case scenario endings.

I have it written in such a way that they can win within 20 minutes if they play everything exactly right. I'm really hoping they figure it out. I'm excited as shit.

Hapoy Halloween buddy.
>>
>>50008164
>plural apostrophe
Damn son. That's some powerful stupidity right there.
>>
>>50008164
This is hilarious and sad at the same time.
>>
>>50009386
Yeah, I was thinking about the Red Wizards too. Sounds promising, I'll need to think about it a bit. Doesn't sound too likely that a wizard would be much of a wizard, but maybe. I don't really have a lot of time, unfortunately, will run the game tomorrow.
>>
Is there a spell that can capture a particular roaming spirit while keeping it on the material plane? Level 13 spellcaster if it matters.
>>
>>50009516
Looks like Magic Circle works.
>>
>>50009516
Planar Binding is my first thought, or Forcecage can trap it pretty effectively.
>>
>>50007568
Descendants of elves mutated into expendable warrior-slaves via alchemy by the dwarves during the great war between races. They got out of control and tried to kill the fuck out of both sides. After the world was fantasy-nuked, they've spent generations cooling off and are fairly chill guys. So long as you can tolerate the creepy pain-cult thing. They're basically Wicked Fantasy orks with Tolkein's "they used to be elves!" backstory shamelessly stolen.
>>
Has anyone here played the AL adventure Dark Pyramid of Sorcerer's Isle? It looks quite interesting and fits what I'm looking for my one-shot.
>>
So, what do anons think of the new Volo's Guide previews? The Hag Personality Table, the Annis Hag, and the Slithering Tracker?

http://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/D10_Volo_Hag55.pdf
http://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/D10_Volo_Hag159.pdf
http://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/D10_Volo_Tracker191.pdf

Also, is it me? Or is the Annis Hag sporting a seriously fucking creepy ugly baby-face?
>>
>>50007963
pota IS SHIT
>>
>>50009686
All of that is seriously creepy.
>>
>>50009686

That tracker looks like an awesome enemy to throw as a boss at a level 2 party.
>>
File: 1477715826361.jpg (169KB, 901x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1477715826361.jpg
169KB, 901x1500px
Is this Sune?
>>
>>50009890
Google image search the name and find out.
>>
Finally putting together a proper screen but my random encounter table is severely lacking. Could use some help preferably with non-combat encounters and puzzles but I'm open to just about anything.
>>
>>50009890

Red hair and sure it could be.
>>
File: 938746294629469221.png (368KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
938746294629469221.png
368KB, 600x750px
>>50007979
We can play as giants now? Hot dog!
>>
>>50010006
Outside of giantkin like firbolgs and goliaths: no. That's for NPCs, it's a DM resource.
>>
In the last thread, I was talking about as character I wanted to make. It's a tiefling warlock, and at some point, someone in his family line signed a contract with a demon. They were given wealth, looks and power, but at the cost of their and their future generation's humanity, hence why his family line is all tieflings. His family has always had the respect of others, but people have always talked about their cursed lineage behind their back. My character wants to be a hero because he wants to bring more glory to his family name. Something they can be proud of. And maybe find something to pay off the family debt to the demon so that his future children won't be cursed.

I wanna know how lore friendly this setup is, the last thing I want to do is trigger a DM with a concept that can't exist.
>>
>>50010078

depends on the setting

it could be more palatable if instead of the family becoming tieflings (which usually have defined origins) they and your character are still 'human' for mechanical purposes but are still in some way cursed in fluff, you could represent this in having an unusual appearance, dipping into sorcerer/warlock, or being a variant human and taking up one of the magical feats, just for some examples
>>
>>50010109
Honestly, he was originally going or be an absurdly attractive half elf with the same story, cursed bloodline and all that, but I changed his race to tiefling at the last second because I wanted the extra tiefling spells and his backstory suffered for it.
>>
>>50010078
Change Demon to Devil and you have the literal reason why most Infernal Tieflings (see UA That Old Black Magic) exist.
>>
>How are your Orcs different
They're high-seas tradesmen and explorers. Touch of Norse and Native American to them. Excellent metal work, better woodwork.
>>
>>50010006
That's not how giants work.
>>
Question: if I use Silent Image to create an illusory wall, can I make that wall transparent when viewed from one side, sort of like those mirrors in every police interrogation scene ever?
>>
>>50010282
Oh, yeah that was a typo, it's pretty late where I'm at, but I still can't manage to get sleep, so I pitch bad character concepts instead.
>>
>>50010367
I think that everyone who recognizes an illusion as an illusion can see right through them, as if they were
transparent.

So yeah, but your enemies can do a wisdom check to dispel it too.
>>
File: dungeon.png (1MB, 763x830px) Image search: [Google]
dungeon.png
1MB, 763x830px
Finally finished the dungeon our group was in for a little more than 2+ months real time. wew lad that was got quite tiring towards the end.

Do you guys enjoy long dungeon crawls?
>>
File: D10_Volo_Hag55.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
D10_Volo_Hag55.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Has anyone shared these already? They're from the latest Dragon app
>>
File: D10_Volo_Hag159.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
D10_Volo_Hag159.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50010695
Apparently, hags get a feature in the lore section.
>>
>>50010698
And there's also this
>>
>>50010492
Nah, I like them in theory but I probably wouldn't run / play one for exactly that reason.
I think two sessions is pretty ideal for a normal-sized dungeon, it allows for a bit of buildup without feeling like a marathon.
>>
>>50009431
>THE
>>
Last I checked, /5eg/ in an ideal world would remove Tieflings, Dragonborn, and Gnomes from the race list with occasional hate for halflings. So,

>Human
>Elf
>Half-elf
>Half-orc
>Halfling

Is that really most people's ideal racial options? Or did I somehow ask the most boring people in the hobby?
>>
>>50010783
I have no problems with gnomes. I also have a sweet spot for tieflings, can't help myself. I would let a player play tiefling, just with the warning that people will react to them being a tiefling.

Dragonborn are terrible, of course.
>>
File: 7oZJuVv.jpg (107KB, 704x899px) Image search: [Google]
7oZJuVv.jpg
107KB, 704x899px
>>50010783
I don't see the issue with having 5 races with subraces between them. Maybe if Human had subraces that weren't shit (see Plane Shift) we might have something new to deal with instead of the same Dragonborn paladin and Tiefling warlock we've seen a hundred times before. What are you actually trying to ask? Is having five races inherently terrible due to the lack of variation between them? In that case, I would most likely advise you to learn how to better differentiate characters between each other. The Backgrounds section found in the PHB can help you with that. Come up with a more thoughtful statement before you come back to shit up /5eg/ some more
>>
>>50010783
But that list is actually alright.
Half-elf covers tiefling's niche of "charismatic with unusual bloodline".
Half-orc covers dragonborn's "proud warrior race".
Halfling covers Gnome's "short trickster".
I don't ban races in my games, but that list isn't anything to complain about.
Plus it covers LOTR "traditional" races and adds half-orc on top so whatever.
>>
>>50010783
>/5eg/ in an ideal world would remove Tieflings, Dragonborn, and Gnomes from the race list with occasional hate for halflings
Why do people hate Tieflings, Dragonborn and halflings now?
I remember the reasons for Gnomes. But dragonborn? What's wrong with them?
>>
>>50010820
I was just curious if that was still the general consensus, no need to get all ruffled up about it.

Nobody should use race as a way to be distinct, I just find the classic not-quite-humans and humans to be dull. I guess my experience of mostly Humans, Dwarves, and Elves is unusual.
>>
I'm building an NPC to accompany and help a small party, mostly with tanking and healing, so he's going to be a level 6 human paladin. He has the following stats: 16 10 14 8 12 16. What should I increase with his ASI, Str, Con or Cha?
>>
File: AAAHAHAHA.jpg (14KB, 261x199px) Image search: [Google]
AAAHAHAHA.jpg
14KB, 261x199px
>>50007610
>Even if she dies though, remember she will always live on in your heart
>>
>>50010863
Normally I'd say strength, but for an NPC focused on support you'd might want to go with CON
>>
>>50010783
Looks like a good list to me.
>>
>>50010783
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/dd-survey-results-summary

According to survey results, more or less. I bet some of that is buffed up by Variant Human being so powerful, but nonetheless those races do make the significant majority.
>>
>>50010492
thats makes no fucking sense
>>
>>50010783

>race can be Fun/boring

:^)
>>
>>50010841
Mostly people hate races because they aren't in lord of the rings which means it doesn't fit their very narrow conception of what fantasy should be.
>>
>>50011006
Yeah I'm kinda starting to see my own hypocrisy right now.
>>
Hypothetical situation - Strahd succeeded, Tatyana's reincarnation is now his vampiric bride.
Now what?
>>
>>50009227
You have a good taste in waifus.
>>
>>50010783
I actually like dragonborn, but their fluff as presented in the phb is fairly pathetic. It feels like people who only allow those races are either people who cannot comprehend anything that challenges their view of what fantasy is or simply people who are actually wanting to run a game in a pre-established setting where those races don't exist.
Myself, I go with Gygax's advice from the OD&D LBBs - If a player wants to play a proud centaur or a cunning lizardman, that's totally fine. Just make sure they're not powerful enough to overshadow the rest of the party.
>>
>>50011042
Dark Souls doesn't have them either, another reason why they are stupid.
>>
>>50011187
what i dont like is that there is no history no fluff no anything. They just magically pop out into existence.
>>
>>50010898
It's funny, though. More Con would give him just +6 HP and a better Con save. More Cha would improve all his saves, plus his allies' saves, plus spells.
>>
>>50010863
Its an NPC. Just make him a cleric and be done with it
>>
>>50011271
They did in the original setting for 4e, but no one liked them in FR
>>
Magic weapons were a mistake
People still expect +1, +2, +3 or whatever weapons
>>
>>50011625
That's when you give them magic weapons with no bonuses and niche tricks.
>>
is there a compiled list of classes and archetypes somewhere? im new to 5e, havent followed it since the playtest.

How is the mystic class? Is it as much of a sham as Pazio's attempts at the archetype?
>>
>>50011639
Yes. I gave a rogue a vibrating dagger because he didnt stop pestering me for a magical weapon.
>>
I just want a +2 dex race with darkvision that isn't small.
>>
>>50011656
Oh, and isn't an elf, forgot to mention.
>>
>>50011656
... Elves?
>>
>>50011652
Is the vibrating... useful?
>>
>>50011664
Hm... There are Feral Tieflings in SCAG that fit your criteria. They look like great Arcane Tricksters.
>>
>>50011678
I'm sure if he's careful he could stick it up his butt. Otherwise... No, not really. I allow him to give backmassages with its handle tho for +1 to a party members hitdie during a rest.
>>
>>50011639
That's way better than blatant power creep.
>>
>>50011707
Hah, that works. A more traditional approach would be vibrating on a trigger, like the presence of certain creatures. You could perhaps add some hidden function along those lines, but if he's had it identified a surprise use makes less sense.
>>
>>50011726
I don't quite think you're using that term correctly? They'd have to be getting ever better items, with the dm always trying to top what they had before. Even in a high magic game it'd be spread out a lot more and straight upgrades would be infrequent.
>>
>>50011747
Nah, it just constantly vibrates since I didnt put much thought in it. He has to keep it wrapped up in cloth too to stop it from producing noise when he sneaks.
But despite that he really loves that thing and uses it all the time.
>>
>>50011797
Huh. Well at least it's an anti-magic zone detector, sorta.
>>
>>50011801
>"The halfling stopped vibrating... Something's amiss!"
Heh, didn't think of that yet.
>>
>>50010741
>NUTSHACK
>>
>>50011747

>this is the knife of cowardice
>it was used by an extremely coward sorcerer at his last stand, when attacked by a huge mystical beast
>his fear and panic seeped into the knife as he was effortlessly slaughtered
>after careful examination you discover that this knife vibrates when it's wielder is being stalked by a predator
>"but it's been vibrating since we first got it"
>"yes"
>>
I love magic items with no + bonus, but nifty tricks.

A dagger that if left suspended from a string or floating in water will invariably point towards the last person wounded by the dagger.

A -3 dagger (-3 to hit and damage), but gives advantage on attempts to charm those successfully hit for an hour, and victims don't remember being charmed.

A fishing pole that makes any line attached to it unbreakable (+3 to hit and damage fish with the hook)

A spiked mace that can deal either piercing or bludgeoning damage, and whose wounds fester into plant growth after a day. Can produce random plants.
>>
>>50011834
>"Roll for initiative please."
>>
>>50011656

Feral Tieflings
>>
>>50008001
>once every 10 minutes
that's some "interesting" mechanical design
"interesting"
>>
>"Called abjurers, members of this school are sought (...) when portals to other planes of existence must be closed."

Which spells can be used to close portals?
>>
File: tumblr_nwcahfBKnc1t5k0ywo2_1280.jpg (1MB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwcahfBKnc1t5k0ywo2_1280.jpg
1MB, 1280x1811px
Does this accurately reflect what Emrakul is all about?
>>
>>50011949
Dispel Magic, Anti-Magic Field. None of which are particularly exclusive to Abjuration.
>>
>>50011959
Sure, but it sounds lame as hell to fight against.

>3 turn lose control of your character
>5 legendary resistances
>can spawn 3d4 minions a round to really fuck with the player's ability to play the game

Don't do it.
>>
>>50007660
>holy shit you cant poke someone with a javelin and apply sharpshooter
>huh wait you can actually do it RAW

ayy
>>
>>50011993
It's meant to be the strongest of the Eldrazi and an absolute nightmare in Magic.
>>
>>50012036
Yes, I agree that Emrakul should be difficult to beat. Difficult doesn't have to be unfun.

That is unfun and difficult. Present your party with just a difficult challenge, not a difficult and unfun challenge.
>>
>>50012030
I was more thinking about using it while throwing. While it may be possible to throw a javelin and get the sharpshooter bonus from it, anyone trying to get sharpshooter from stabbing someone is actually retarded.

Nevertheless, I am happy that this exploit was found so that it can be fixed with errata in the future.
>>
>>50012054
How would you design it?
>>
>>50012129
>exploit
>>
Boss Fights. I'm looking at implementing some new mechanics to try and keep it from just being a tank and spank every time.

I was looking up old World of Warcraft bosses and seeing what made those mechanics fun and I think I've got some interesting ideas.

What do you fa/tg/uys do to keep boss fights interestin/g, balanced, and challenging while being fun?
>>
>>50012146
Make the arena the real fight. Dangerous traps, minions, wards, environmental hazards, secret escape tunnels, the works. Its' the boss' home base, it should give him a home team advantage.
>>
Right, I have finished statting up each of the 10 NPCs from Out of the Abyss as 1st-level characters, and would like to get people's opinions on them, as it will be these stats that I give to my players if/when they escape Velkynvelve and if any of these NPCs decide to follow them.

Some notes.
- Each was built with the Default Array (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8)
- Had to make up some racial traits for derro, quaggoths, gray orcs, kuo-toa, and myconids (although the last I mostly stole from the Middle Finger of Venca), as well as a template for wererats that could be easily added on top of another character if necessary; they're included at the end of the document for reference.
- These guys are not meant to be optimized
- They are "locked in" to the class and kit mentioned in their entries and can't multiclass or choose to be part of another kit
- Rather than dealing with XP, they will consistently be 1 level behind the average PC level (unless a player permanently takes over one in the event of their PC death, in which case they'll gain XP as normal)
- I've decided to make Shuushar a Mystic; originally he was a Monk. Hopefully the Mystic UA doesn't change too much, though even if it does I have plenty of time to edit the character.
- By coincidence, and counting Topsy and Turvy as one character, all nine alignments are represented once.
- Finally, the reason why I'm doing all of this at all rather than just using monster stats is because, in the (rather likely) event that one of the PCs dies, these guys are meant to be on standby for a player to take over, as an alternative to contriving a reason for a random person to show up and join the motley crew.

So...how do they look?
>>
>>50012191
What did you use to make the stat blocks?
Derendil was always a quaggoth
>>
>>50012134
Some general boss fight advice:

Single enemies present issues where there is no sense of progress, and they have action economy issues. Legendary resistance and actions are ways of compensating for this, but they do shitty jobs.

Divide up the HP into three stages, with different mechanical attacks in each stage.

Legendary resistance is a shitty mechanic as presented RAW.

Instead, I use it this way: Monsters with legendary resistance can break out of status effects by shaking them off after being hit in a number of turns equal to the stage they're in. So a stage three monster would have to be hit in three separate turns, or break out of it using the normal rules.

Legendary actions are okay, but you need to make sure the players are clear on the turn order. I present legendary actions as a reaction the monster can take.

For specific criticisms:
>mind controlling players is rarely fun. I know Emrakul is a mind control type creature, but this is rarely a good mechanic for fighting. Consider reducing it to charm for specific things, and not for a 3 turn duration.

Summoning is also bullshit, and will clog up the combat. This fight will last 9 hours and everyone will hate it. Make the summonings emrakul's tentacles, which can act separately. If they are destroyed, they retreat to emrakul, where they can be healed. Players can disrupt this process.

>DC 15 con save or be reduced to 0 hitpoints
lol no.
>>
>>50012242
I know that, but HE doesn't.

I just used MS word for the stat blocks. I think the Mega has template that I expanded a bit from the default; let me check...yeah. /5eg/ Trove, Extras tab, the Homebrew Formatting and Open Fonts files.
>>
>>50012134
What fonts are being used here?
>>
>>50012271
>>50012191
They're pretty good, would use.
>>
>>50011776
Sort of.

If the DM gives everyone a +1 item, they're also likely to find encounters become easier and then up the levels of the enemies.
Then, the DM will probably give them all +2 weapons at some point.
It only goes up to 3 normally, but honestly all the +1/2/3 weapon stuff is kind of against the point of 5e which focuses less on everybody getting ridiculous bonuses to rolls.
>>
>>50012250
This seems like an inflexible view on things.
>>
>>50007853
By milking the dick. Elves cum silk.
>>
>>50012341
Good luck with your 9 hour fight!
>>
>>50012341
not that guy but what do you mean specifically?
>>
Hey dudes. I'm running a game in 5e, so I guess this is a good thread for it. I am going to have the party rock up to a town besieged by undead, have to find a spooky tomb, destroy the artifact or some such. All that good stuff. Enroute they're going to encounter undead in a desecrated temple/shrine, and meet a new player of ours. What are some good mechanics/story reasons to represent this desecration, if you guys have any ideas?
>>
>>50012387
what kind of undead are we talking here? lich? mummy?
>>
>>50012387
This can be a lot of fun. I think it's important though to keep it all tied together within the same story arc/frame.

Perhaps the artifact is one of immense evil power that can corrupt the land around it. Maybe it's the soul of a Lich trapped inside and has lesser minions carry out its corrupting will.

Kind of like how the Zerg in StarCraft are guided by the Overmind to spread their plague.
>>
>>50012387
> I am going to have the party rock up to a town
>What are some good mechanics/story reasons to represent this desecration

The undead are trying to desecrate the shrine-tomb of the King Sivle, in the name of their undead overlord, Rukahs Caput. They are doing so with lackluster rap while claiming that their rap is better than rock n' roll, reigniting the old war despite the efforts of the Air-Smith and the Dynamic Two to stop the rock/rap war before it got out of control.
>>
File: eliwood.png (13KB, 250x391px) Image search: [Google]
eliwood.png
13KB, 250x391px
>>50012468
>>
>>50012468
So basically Heavy Mythril. Or... literally? I forget what the specifics were in that to compare them.

Either way, more power to you.
>>
>>50011959
Isn't the proficiency bonus for a CR 30 +9?

Eldritch mites is both broken and stupid. That should be an action or reaction and not an automatic thing, and the failed save should be dominated for 1 turn and then damage and successful should be damaged.

5/day legendary resistance is stupid it should be 3

Killing a PC at 0HP is up there with mind control as a dick move.

Ignoring concentration is extremely stupid.

Deals too much damage.

Spawns up to 12 other creatures a round which is garbage.

Has a save or die effect when it auto kills PCs at 0.

This is a garbage boss fight that could only work with 20 people at a convention fighting it for hours and hours. This is really bad design.

I disagree with >>50012250 - legendary actions and lair actions and resistances work great, and multi-stage boss fights are dumb in any game with a consistent narrative. The one exception is having a boss retreat and give a short rest to both the PCs and the boss character, and then fight again with new lair actions.
>>
>>50012740
>Points out that it is CR 30
>Complains that it's too powerful for a small group of level 20s (i.e. meant for CR 20 stuff)
Gee, you fuckin' think?
>>
My moon druid just reach level 4 today. Is there a reason why I shouldn't transform into Giant Octopus in every combat?
>>
>>50012838
No, that's expected.
>>
>>50012838
You're doing something wrong if you aren't.
>>
>>50012740
Multi stage bosses can work, you just need to be smart about it's effects and work harder at justifying the format.

I'm more fond of multi-part bosses myself, though they have the same issues generally.
>>
>>50012838
Sounds like a solid plan to me.
Also, to anyone who knows, what are the most fun beasts to play as as a Moon Druid?
>>
What are the ways to improve your concentration ?

>10th level as conjurer
> warcaster

Is there something else ?
>>
>>50013026
If it doesnt have tentacles it isn't worth transforming into.
>>
>>50013026
Giant Octopus, Ape wielding all your equipment, Bear pretending to be human.
>>
>>50013047
Resilient: Con
Not getting hit
>>
>>50013076
Resilient con is typically my preferred method.
I usually will try to plan my ASI to get me an odd number in con then up it with resilient. Proficiency in saves is not to be underestimated.
>>
How can you improve your concentration ?

> 10th level conjurer arcane tradition
> war caster

is there something else ?
>>
>>50012830
Point
Your Head
>>
>>50012957
I like a certain variety of multi-stage bosses - like vampires. 5e vampires are a really, really fun boss creature.

The first stage is them being a cocky asshole, then you puncture their resistance consistently and they are forced to retreat.

The next stage is the "real" fight with lair actions and everything else at the bottom of some dungeon. They get defeated and poof into smoke down some vent somewhere.

The final stage is in the crypt itself where you race to reach them before they can recover. If you move fast enough you it's not even a fight, but if your slow it's another big fight.

So when I use multi-stage fights it's across distance and time and not all at once.
>>
>>50013255
Yeah, I like this too. Builds up some good tension.
My players also seem to really enjoy boss fights that might force them back into other parts of the dungeon or into other familiar territories.

Like, if I were using your vampire example, I would have tried to have the PCs in that crypt at some point before the first fight with the boss ever went down. Which could even be used to give them the clue of where the mist-form vampire has gone off two after part 2 of the fight.
>>
>>50012740
Multistage boss fights fix a major problem with traditional single enemies: they present a tangible sense of progress to the players, and vary the otherwise monotonous combat. You don't have to give them a super Saiyan type transformation, but stages help a lot.
>>
How many small NPCs - say halflings or goblins - can fit in a 30 feet radius?
Was thinking of a Druid using Animal Shapes to make an army out of small people.
>>
>>50013153
Resilient feat helps a lot if you don't have constitution saving throw proficiency. Also standing close to your paladin. Also not getting hit in the first place cause of a good AC and Shield.
>>
>>50012838
Personally I'm a fan of giant constrictor snake, advantage of all of your friends with constrict is Bueno.
>>
>>50012146
AoEs to dodge and crowd control effects bring complexity, giving powerful spells to the bosses where they cans be creative and effective would also help.
>>
>>50007568
They're neither "le ebil warlike enemy race" nor "muh honorable savages". They just fuck around in their rainforest continent banging on drums, having wanton sex, doing crude jungle drugs, and worshiping their "Big-High God-King" who presides over and rewards their debauchery.
>>
>>50010863
A level 6 paladin means they get the aura of protection, yor party will love them if they have +4 to saving throws. But make sure that if he is gonna be such a huge help that they chat just ignore him all the time.
>>
>>50011067
>Hypothetical situation - Strahd succeeded, Tatyana's reincarnation is now his vampiric bride.
>Now what?

he keeps her shackled in the basement, like any true romantic does.
>>
>>50013597
So you just took out the honor from honorable savages?
>>
how does concentration actually works, i'm probably sure my current group has always ruled it wrong but i can't seem to find something that makes sense in the phb, maybe i'm just retarded.
>>
>>50014179
>can only concentrate on one spell with the concentration tag at once
>take damage while concentrating? make a save or the spell ends
what's the problem?
>>
So in an effort to not run a monty haul campaign I feel like I too often skimp on giving out magical items/rewards.

What I've done recently is always try to give a boss character a magic item or two. Usually some sort of weapon or armor. I've started trying to give out more consumables as well.

But being a fairly new DM I have a hard time gauging what is too much or too little. My players recently just hit level 6, is there a consensus on about how many permanent magical items/consumables each player should have access to? Apologies if I missed it somewhere in the DMG.
>>
>>50014179

I think they've boiled it down to the essentials, Anon. A character can concentrate on one spell at a time, and taking damage forces a Constitution saving throw based on the damage taken, in order not to lose the spell being concentrated upon.
>>
>>50014208
Related question, how many items can a player attune to at once?
>>
>>50014239
>>
>>50014208
there are extremely general guidelines in the DMG but it's a real point of contention here - the real answer is whatever the DM thinks is appropriate for the world
for instance, I like high magic campaigns, my players at level 5 have a few magic items each (usually a weapon or armour, an accessory and a utility like an immovable rod)
what've your players got?
>>
>>50014192
>>50014227
but what's the DC of the save?
>>
>>50014239
>>50014208
3 items attuned, maximum.
I'm not entirely sure where, but I remember reading in the DMG a character should be getting at least one meaningful permanent magic item per tier of play (1-4, 5-10, 11-16, 17-20). A campaign can be ran with no magic items at all, though, or with several, things can be adjusted. I've just found that usually new players (myself included) get more excited about gaining those. It's fun to be able to do new stuff, like when my party fought a pack of lycanthropes and, since my weapons were useless, it was great to have a Wand of Magic Missiles.
>>
>>50014208
There's no ideal, but it can mess up the balancing quite a bit.

I'm playing a fairly tanky character in a game, but now everybody else is harder to hit because of free extra shields and disadvantage and all that due to magic.

Do it however you or your players enjoy it. Personally, I'm for many magical items but magical items aren't always useful and often have severe downsides to them.
I see some DMs throw out magic items left right and centre, and often these can trump innate class abilities and make you more reliant on an item than your own abilities.
Some DMs might be very, very stingy with magical items and make sure they're extra special.
Some may even make it so magical items are never permanent, so they're never 'on top of' your class abilities because they have limited use.

I don't think there's a consensus, but there is a 'starting a campaign at X level' guide in the DMG I think which suggests for low/medium/high fantasy how much money and items you should give the party.

Personally, I'd say you really shouldn't throw around powerful magical items everywhere. It's silly, and it often just confers straight upgrades to people because they'll never let go of that item ever again, and the item is always on or something. I particularly hate flight items for this reason - They have such long use times that the only time you can't really use it is if you're flying 12 hours straight.

Cool utility items are always good, though. Endless jugs.
>>
>>50014310
10 or the damage taken, whichever is higher
>>
How do people justify making Orc paladins? I'm not autistic enough to challenge people on what they want to play, but what goes through someone's head when they roll an Orc pally? Dwarf gives you similar results and makes way more sense.

Is it a power gaming thing? Am I missing a major lore thing? I'm not really all that familiar with DnD lore, I just enjoy playing.
>>
>>50014331
Stop shitposting
>>
>>50014310
Read the damn book, anon. But I'll be nice: The DC is 10 or half the damage taken (rounded down as usual), whichever is higher.

So, you took 28 from a fireball to the face? DC 14.
59 from a dragon's breath weapon? DC 29.
3 from a kobold's dagger? DC 10.
>>
>>50014323
ok, yeah, we've been doing it all wrong.

many thanks.
>>
>>50014331
We're just looking for a good time.

That's it.
>>
>>50014361
that post is incorrect, >>50014360 is right
it's half the damage or 10, not the damage or 10
>>
>>50014261
I'll avoid specifics in case they lurk here.
But they have magic weapons now in order to overcome resistances. They did their fair share of fighting things that would resist non magical weapons, and they felt like these were good rewards.
I think I need to give them more utility items that will find more practical use.
I've also given them chances to purchase consumable or limited use items that vary in power.

I figured that it would probably just depend on what a DM thinks is best, but I don't want to stiff the players out of cool shit. I think my best bet going forward is perhaps more consumables and utility based items. That way they will get to do more interesting things outside of combat (we're pretty RP heavy anyway) and I won't have to worry about power creep so much.
>>
>>50014257
>>50014316
Thanks! Yeah, for some reason I could never locate that rule. Appreciate it, guys.
Yeah, I think the tier thing could be a good rule of thumb for me. They all basically secured one thing during their first tier of play. So I don't feel too off track from that.
>>
>>50014384
this was my feeling, I've played D&D for a while but never DMed until now and my players are all new so I'm less about +1 weapons and more about stuff like bags of holding, immovable rods, and as you've said, consumables
they like discovering cool new shit, they recently annihilated an encounter that should've been difficult because they found an elemental gem and smashed it
>>
>>50014120
Essentially, yes. I never claimed to be incredibly original.
>>
>>50014331
>and makes way more sense.
sometimes that lack of "sense" is what a player is after. Why is this half orc a paladin? did he grow up in a monastery? Is he looking to control his violent urges and the inherent evil that resides within him? Did he have a religious experience on the battlefield that led him to a higher calling?
>>
Mindwitnesses are so cool
>>
>>50014208
It's really not a huge deal to give out too much treasure in 5e. Action economy and lack of stacking bonuses limits how bad it can get. If you give out too much, you can just throttle for a while.
>>
>>50014518
playable mindflayers fucking when.
>>
>>50014541
I always wanna have the big reveal of a questline be that the mindflayers were behind it or that someone was actually an intellect devourer the whole time or something dumb. Mindflayers are just so cool
>>
>>50014354
>hurr asking questions is shitposting, I couldn't possibly be confused with an idea that goes against every fantasy trope I grew up with.

At least two other people gave actual answers.
>>
>>50014541
I hope never
>>
File: VGaooEF.jpg (93KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
VGaooEF.jpg
93KB, 600x620px
>>50011214
>>
>>50014568
>Games have to follow Muh lotr fantasy convention tropes.

I found your faulty ASSumption, shitposter-kun.
>>
>>50014578
dragon form in 1 was so cool, but they made a literal armor in 2 and in 3 they fucked up
>>
>>50014331
While it's against the chaotic nature of Orcs, an Orc that has good psychological reasoning for denouncing all of their heritage is possible. An Orc raised by a not-Orc, or who is stupid to the point of purity may also apply.

However, an Orc could potentially become an ancients paladin or a vengeance paladin, though more likely vengeance. Fucking vengeance paladins.
>>
>>50014578
i remember the off-hand bow backstab glitch in dragon form, shit was fun as fuck.
>>
Anyone has Frozen Castle by Kobold Press?All the links that I can find are dead.
>>
>want to play DnD
>friends invite me to their game
>once every 2-3 weeks

fuck, I spent the last 3 days really getting into it and I want to play
>>
>>50014691
At least its not once per month like my group
>>
>>50014691

So keep getting into it, build other character concepts, read up on spells, theorycraft, etc. It is indeed fun as fuck but you can stay sated until then.
>>
>>50014691
I prefer that to the 2-3 seasons a week some groups want, shit burns me out so bad.
>>
>>50014664
what's that?
>>
>>50011959

Most of what I have to say is negative, but this could be cool.

Emrakul is not chaotic evil. She is a mysterious force of nature, destroying things because that is her way- not because she has some sort of compulsion against order, or out of selfishness.

also, annihilator isn't fun(but that's card-accurate, so shrug), eldritch mites is bullshit, that's way too much legendary resistance.

instead of mites, give it a dominate Monster at-will as an action ability, but it only works on a given person once every 24 hours- this works well because of Infinite Mind.

Bare the Flesh is fine- imo, change Annihilator to be the same sort of thing but for terrain; cause Emrakul to automatically mutilate the terrain beneath her, destroying plant life and leaving naught but dust.

Gravity Distortion sounds fucking annoying and stupid. Also, it's on multiattack??? Because 181 damage wasn't enough, it needs to be a full 223. God help you if Emrakul crits.

Spine Maelstrom... since when did Emrakul have spines? She already has 30ft reach and a 70ft fly speed, and doesn't need to make retreat more impossible by firing spines at you from nowhere at a range of 670 ft.

Spawn Brood is wrong- according to SoI, Emrakul does not create spawn, she mutates the creatures of the plane to become her spawn. If you change it so that eldritch mites is just dominate monster, change this to not be a legendary action, and just have it make the domination permanent and add some tentacles or whatever. Eldrazi Conscription is an Emrakul card.
You forgot to take an extra turn 1/day, and you forgot plane shift. She should have some sort of regeneration ability- Liliana unleashed the full might of her necromancy on her, and she just grew right back. Emrakul would be HARD to kill.

Proposed Changes: http://pastebin.com/8CjeFFKm
>>
>>50014740
>Emrakul is not chaotic evil. She is a mysterious force of nature, destroying things because that is her way- not because she has some sort of compulsion against order, or out of selfishness.
In fact, I think new revelations have revealed that the titans are part of the order of the Magic multiverse, sent only to destroy planes that are getting too fucked up so that they can be renewed.
>>
>>50014724

Once a month to play Adventurers League at my LGS. The fucking run it once a month...not enough DMs and the store lets people play Magic at the same time if there are empty tables(there always are because not enough DMs). I fucking hate it
>>
>>50014740
surely emrakul should be unaligned
>>
>>50014760
>Encounters AL twice a month at LGS
>DM who does lowbie table is terrible
>>
>>50014760
Where do you live anon?

Also reddit is a really good resource if you want to find groups and you live in a major city like Los Angeles. You can go to the lfg subreddit and start a thread, I've found a couple of groups like this, sometimes they're good, sometimes they're shit, but it beats playing online or not playing at all.
>>
>>50014813
Look at the first line of my proposed changes.
>>
>>50014858
I did, all you said was "shouldn't be CE", it was just a complaint and not a suggestion
>>
>>50014875
>http://pastebin.com/8CjeFFKm
The pastebin, where I sum it up.
>>
>>50007780
there's a lot of stuff that arbitrarily shows up in the later parts of the adventure (the kraken, the golden goose chip, etc.) without any real setup. I'd advise foreshadowing them earlier on, like I had my players visit the golden goose in the middle of chapter 4 so it could be treated more like a big twist when the poker chip is revealed
>>
So my DM did something cool, or weird. I haven't decided yet.

>dungeon diving looking for artifact
>find a hidden room and a mask
>mask uses telepathy to talk to barbarian (8 int, 7 wisdom)
>barbarian puts mask on
>Mask gives +2 to all modifiers, immunity to charm and fear and alignment becomes chaotic evil while wearing it. also gives a few spells that can be cast as bonus actions, I can't remember which though
>every time you attempt to take the mask off, the DC is increased by 5 for each minute or time you've worn it since your last long rest.~ something like that

I thought it was really cool how my DM did the alignment thing, barbarian tried to use it like SSJ power upa few times. When we fought against a manticore and the mask summoned 2 shadow demons. Whenever the barb would tried to attack a monster, he had to make a str check to force his body to do his biding or the mask would force him to attack the party. Ended up killing the barbarian, then the manticore and the shadow demons disappeared.
>>
What is the line between chaotic neutral and chaotic evil?
>>
>>50010783
Halflings I never really liked. They're just smaller Humans.

Gnomes are much more evocative in the mind. Forest Gnomes have this imagery of fey power with speaking to small animals and working minor illusions. There's plenty of imagery around magical smallfolk that live in the woods. Rock Gnomes are a strange one because they're incredibly science fiction. Tinkering, building, inventing. Driven by innovation. If anyone is going to create a robot, or a gun, it's going to be a Rock Gnome. The name Rock Gnome also makes me think that these gnomes were exposed to some strange rock that sparked this behaviour, like technology is an alien force driving them unknowingly.

Tieflings I love because I love fiends. Tieflings also imply a legacy or family of fiends. A bad tiefling pops up out of no where. A good tiefling is the child of a cambion that seduces the weak and spreads it's foul seeds. Also tieflings that are the result of a cryptic curse on a family also works well. Every third son of the third daughter sort of thing.

Dragonborn I liked back in 3rd edition. Whereas people saw it as furry/scaly bullshit. I saw it as transmutational body horror. Devoting yourself to a great and powerful reptile-god to become like it's image. When I think of Dragonborn nests I think of pulsating egg sacs like Alien, transforming the fleshy creature within into a strange draconic hybrid. What emerges is a twisted combination of mammal and reptile, so very against nature itself.

Much of this is my own implications, but that's what draws me towards these races.
>>
If I make a caster with a flaw to give them a fear of being touched, would I get much flak if when people they didn't trust touched them, I would have to roll to see if they don't react violently?
>>
File: NotoriousBIG2.jpg (40KB, 473x540px) Image search: [Google]
NotoriousBIG2.jpg
40KB, 473x540px
>>50009686
>Slithering Tracker
>>
I received the core books a few days ago for my birthday from friends. they've been hinting that they want me to DM. I have not since 3e, but I'm looking forward to it. I love world building but it's been several years so I'm gonna go with a pre-build first.

I'm torn between Phandelver or Storm King for a initial run. Which is recommended for a old time DM out of the loop?
>>
>>50014959
seconding this
>>
>>50015138
chaotic neutral doesn't take delight in causing pain and misery, chaotic evil does.
>>
>>50015236
violently might be a bit far
go for terrified instead it's less likely to end up in pvp and deaths but it's still a fun flaw
>>
>>50015265
Lost Mine of Phandelver is a tried-and-true introductory campaign, you really can't go wrong with it.
>>
>>50015317
I'd assume it'd have to be a monumentally bad roll, perhaps more than one nat 1 in a row.
I'd think the default reaction would be a yelp and a little leap backwards, but that's about it, but if it's so bad it might trigger a more powerful "fight or flight" sort of responce
>>
>>50015318
>>50015265
Adding on to this:
Run LMoP, after it ends transition into SKT (there's guidelines for this in the book, it's simple - give them a mission that sends them to Triboar and jump straight in to SKT chapter 2).
>>
>>50015023
What do you guys think?
>>
>>50012030
No you can't. That's not how the rules work.

>>50012129
That's not how they work either. No errata is necessary.
>>
>>50015371
Thanks. This sounds good. So I've heard SKT has a lot of options to tie in other campaigns. But it seems LMoP is a better intro to D&D.
>>
>>50015023
I like it.

Items with downsides that aren't excessively extreme (+2 is a lot, but it's not +3, which I think would've been getting into crazy territory) and also isn't really used all the time.

It was probably only a strength check instead of a charisma save against possession because they were being nice to the barbarian to let them say 'you can force your body to go against what it's forced to' when probably the body is being forced by its own muscles which means you can't muscle your way out of it, or something.

And it's good the DM is willing to give the death penalty if you abuse such things.
>>
>>50010783

Did everyone here just completely forget about dwarves?
>>
>>50015489
>>50015023
To clarify-

+2 sounds like good counterweight to the danger, and the spells. I'm not saying that +2 is too much, just that +1 would be a bit little probably for the danger and +3 would be getting silly. Sometimes you have to say 'well, if it's +3, wouldn't someone who wears the mask and have similar intentions be kind of overpowered if the campaign suddenly turned to a chaotic evil campaign?', and 'oh, but the mask is arbitrarily evil and never like the same anime you do' is just being trollish.

I just think
'Chaotic Evil' instead of 'Lawful Evil' is a bit meh, because chaotic evil is just 'lol I do evil things because I don't know KILL KILL KILL'
and
I really odn't get the DC thing. You can't take the mask off if you've worn it for over two minutes since the last short erst or so?
On certain characters, you could always take off the mask. A barbarian rogue of sufficiently high level or a pure barbarian, or heck even a portent wizard or somebody with lucky could pretty much guarantee they'd take off the mask again.

It's too easy to make very high DC checks sometimes with the right set-ups.
>>
>>50010322
one of my settings had orcs as mostly based on Inuit.
>>
>>50011067
The vampiress is not the woman he loved but a corrupted imitation. He grows tired of her and leaves her to her own devices amongst his other brides within the castle. Meanwhile, Her soul leaves the undead body and is reincarnated again thus continues the cycle.
>>
>>50014675

aHR0cDovL3d3dzg5LnppcHB5c2hhcmUuY29tL3YvTHBTSXZodzEvZmlsZS5odG1s
>>
>>50015557
>>50015489
the DM said that the mask wasn't really supposed to be an item you use often. One ring type of deal.

I dont know the lore or what the mask's motivation is, we are supposed to figure out what its called and where to put it away.

the barbarian is actually rerolling into a wizard with the sage background as an archaeologist who is familiar with it, lol
>>
Why is the Durable feat so terrible? +1 CON, then some sort of situational modifier to recovering hit points during a rest that will hardly ever make a difference and might result in maybe 1 or 2 extra hit points over the course of an entire campaign? It seems like shit, like they completely blew it with the design and it is so underpowered as to be baffling.
>>
>>50016000
There are a few specific feats like Durable and Savage Attacker that just ended up kind of poor. Roll Durable's benefit into the Tough feat if it bothers you (as a DM, of course).
>>
>>50015943
In before you end up fighting the barbarian later. DIOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>50016000
If you're going to be a guy with +5 (or +7) Con it's more than a few hit points. I see it as something to take to bump up an odd score and get another quirky benefit.
>>
>>50007963
PotA turns into a Dungeon Slog around 5/6 i think and lasts until the end.
OotA starts out as an random encounter/travel slog, but that is much easier to adjust for the players if it becomes boring, where as PotA if your players want more roleplay after the dungeon slog starts there's no in book material to insert, but if random roleplay in the middle of a multisession dungeon is your forte then have at her.
>>
>>50014567
I'm currently running a campaign with that exact premise. One of their main allies and questgivers from early on is an intellect devourer, and all of their quests have been directly helping a mind flayer colony and helping prepare their return to the surface.
>>
>>50008132
>not Maori
>not going full bionicle
>>
>>50007738
That would make for a pretty interesting half orc background. Your mother or father (whichever was the orc) was the child of a Tanarukk that fled to avoid being killed, found love (or lust) and produced you. Could lead to a character being afraid of children, a good justification for an oath of celibacy, hatred towards orcs or demons etc etc.

I guess its more relevant in long term (in game years, not necessarily real life years) campaigns where you might end up gettin' hitched. "Honey i cant consummate our marriage because i could get pregnant and it could maybe lead to evil demonspawn possibly i don't really know how it works with halfies".
>>
>>50009890
Shelyn. Pathfinder deity. http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Shelyn
>>
Alright, thought of a subrace, tell me what you think.
Wholeling (halfling)
+1 con
Medium
30 movement speed
>>
>>50016562
get out
>>
>>50016758
What, do you think it should have darkvision too?
>>
I need names for the 4 different elemental planes. Since what's essentially the Plane of Nature is the Feywild, and the Plane of Death is the Shadowfell, these two are material echos of Life and Death respectively. I need names for the four other material echos of Fire, Water, Earth, and Air. Any ideas?
>>
>>50016868
:^)
>>
>>50016916
Well, another thing to consider is that while the Feywild and Shadowfell to represent those forces, they also have their own creatures and themes going on. Feywild has Fey, Shadowfell has undead, that sort of thing.

Based upon that, I would say that you should add something to each elemental plane to help set it apart from the others, in addition to the basic elementals. Something like adding Demons or Devils to the plane of Fire, for example.

That makes naming more easy, and can help those elemental planes fill extra roles in a way.
>>
>>50016916
I have no idea if you're serious or not, but alright, I'll bite.

Plane of Fire: Eternal Inferno, Infinite Conflagration, Cinderholm, Infernus

Plane of Water: Infinite Depths, Endless Azure, Eternal Ocean, Aquaas

Plane of Air: Howling Expanse, The Great Void, Eternal Storm, Celestia

Plane of Earth: Dismal Delve, Endless Depths, Utterdark, Geos
>>
>>50016916

Fire= Pyrus

water=Aquania

Earth=Terrannfel

Air=Aerosus
>>
>>50016916
Avernus or Helia/Helios (Fire), Atlantis or Hudorian (Water), Seisimus or Gerra (Earth), Aether or Venticus (Air)
>>
>>50017100
Cinderholm is actually a pretty nice name.
>>
>>50017083
Fey are essentially spirits closely tied to nature anyways, and undead are obviously tied to death.

>>50017100
I am serious. Plane of ______ isn't very evocative to me and I doubt my players will think so either.

Those are some pretty good suggestions. I'm thinking more things like Cinderholm and the Utterdark. Cinderwaste for Fire maybe?

>>50017114
Too latin and succinct.

>>50017203
Again, names that mean gibberish to the layman. Looking for stupid and evocative I guess? You know what you're getting when you read or hear Shadowfell.
>>
>>50016916

Firelands, Oceangrave, The Sea of Stone, Skyheart
>>
>>50017245
Well, >>50017114 's post quite clearly tells you what you're getting, but if you're not for latin/greek/whatever mythology then that's a more valid point.

I'm not personally too fond of the really obvious 'FIRELAND' type things because it sounds too generic fantasyish.
>>
>>50016916
Ashblaze, Blazing Straits, Emberhearth
Stormwater, Drowning Sea
Clayflats, Earthwalk, The First Stone
Godsbreath, Thousand Winds
>>
>>50017413
These are all very good.
>>
>>50017539
new thread
>>
File: Durable feat.png (23KB, 890x441px) Image search: [Google]
Durable feat.png
23KB, 890x441px
Durable feat breakdown:
You get +1 CON, so that's the value of half a feat. The other half is bonus hit point healing during a long rest depending on your hit die and constitution score. It would benefit the most to a wizard or sorcerer with very high constitution, or very low CON. All other classes receive diminishing benefit. Overall it seems very shitty.
>>
Longbows are heavy. That seems like a pretty big fuck you to the idea of a halfling or gnome ranger, considering they don't get a choice to have a bow they can actually use.
>>
>>50017759
...What, no they aren't.
>>
>>50017582
If you had -5 con modifier, you should probably just get 'healer' and heal yourself.
1d6+4+total level after any short rest will cover ALL your HP, plus you can then heal others, too.
>>
>>50017759
>>50017859
I don't know, it'd make sense.

Longbows are big. That's what makes them a longbow.

Small creatures are small.
>>
>>50015557
I play CE like Saverock
Not necessarily lol KILL KILL but use any means necessary for your goals and desires even if say you gotta play along with the law for awhile
>>
>>50015535
Of course not. It's just that every setting is bound to have dwarves in it because best race, so there's no reason to put it on the list.
Thread posts: 353
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.