[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sword and Sandal Bullshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Cernan.jpg (118KB, 1600x1019px) Image search: [Google]
Cernan.jpg
118KB, 1600x1019px
I'm going to be running a campaign where the only player is a generic Conan-type barbarian. I was going to have him storming a snake temple and fighting in an arena and all that jazz, but I wanted to ask for some outside input to spice things up a little.
>>
>>50006736
The snake temple is the tip of the iceberg. In reality the snake cult is in league with the covert serpent men of valusia, who use a crystal found under the depths of Khem. Staring into it provokes things from another dimension, that which cannot exist in direct light. It holds all knowledge, and demands monstrous sacrifices for the revelation of such. And it is not alone, nor is its crystal, nor its cults.
>>
>>50006736
What tech level are we talking for him?
>>
>>50006915
Standard Sword and Sandal with bronze and iron. I'm new to GMing and he's new to DnD entirely so I felt it would be better to go simple.
>>
File: Oooh.gif (947KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
Oooh.gif
947KB, 500x390px
>>50006867
Ooh, that's good. I'll have to save that in case this campaign keeps going.
>>
File: Let me tell you about Carthage.jpg (418KB, 986x1369px) Image search: [Google]
Let me tell you about Carthage.jpg
418KB, 986x1369px
>>50006736
Conan type stuff is Sword and Sorcerery. Sword and Sandal is biblical epics and Greco/Roman Antiquity.
>>
>Fighting Arena

Never play a Fighting Tournament straight

Someone needs to be cheating

The prize needs to be fucked

People who seems guaranteed to win need to get fucked

The fighting conditions need to be fucked

the food needs to be fucked, maybe poisoned

Something else needs to be going on and the fighting tournament just needs to be the setting and not the game
>>
>>50009310
See Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

The Glitz Pit has all of that stuff and is a great template for a one player thing.
>>
>>50006736
>the only player
Do people really do that?
Sounds weird.
>>
>>50006736
Use Mythras.
>>
>>50011192
It can actually be really nice; some of my best work DMing was with individual players.
>>
:bump:
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.