[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vampires as shepards of society

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: Image taken for presentation.jpg (22KB, 468x336px) Image search: [Google]
Image taken for presentation.jpg
22KB, 468x336px
I'm thinking of trying to depict a vampire [one of many [many in the sense of a 100 worldwide]] in a more "Neutral" light.
I'm thinking of presenting 'Her' as a sort of 'Shepard' to a human city, a rich, shadowy benefactor of the party who hires the party to get rid of 'unwanted' (rival vampires, necromancers, "Paranoid" paladins) people.
The true reason is of course quite selfish 'Keeping blood quality up', 'controlling the city's paladins[who are of course really paranoid for no reason]', etc.
Only real difference is I'm gonna make her actually competent and not a complete despot.

What do you think?
How can I make her a convincing character?
>>
>>50001874
Vampires are the worst.
>>
File: Thats-Racist.gif (554KB, 300x268px) Image search: [Google]
Thats-Racist.gif
554KB, 300x268px
>>50001898
>>
File: 58702__468x_lin-i-chen-eat-003.jpg (57KB, 479x639px) Image search: [Google]
58702__468x_lin-i-chen-eat-003.jpg
57KB, 479x639px
>>50001874
I would start by getting rid of all the usual tropes associated with Vampires.
So...explicitly demonic architecture, bathing in blood, all-black clothing, secret passages, eastern European accent, etc, put them all in a bin-bag and toss them out the window.

In fact, make her a benefactor. Outwardly she does a lot for the city and the common masses. Charity balls, Carnivals, renovations, hell maybe even soup kitchens?

Honestly I think it might be more interesting to make her a true paragon in character, and have her view her draining of people as a necessary evil for the greater (Taufu get out) good.
>>
>>50002098
>No cliche vampire shit
Brightly clothed and Indian looking woman (fits with the setting anyway)
>Outwardly she does a lot for the city and the common masses
Completely

Good shit!
How does she deal with "Paranoid" paladins though? I really wanted to make that quest....and I need an excuse to get rid of him.
Also church relations in general; not coming to the same churches that she sponsors is kinda suspicious.
>>
>>50001874
I don't see what makes her really neutral and a 'shepard' when all she does only serves her own benefit.
>>
>>50002208
Could be an opportunity for some backstory?
Let's say the leader of the Paladins is her former lover, but by virtue of getting so close discovered her secret.

She can't dispose of him for fear of destroying her cover, instead she simply bares his accusations with good-grace and cooperation while he produces propaganda in an effort to turn people against her.
He knows the truth, but without evidence he can't lift a finger, and those paladins who follow him blindly become paranoid and unstable.

It could also provide for an opportunity to do some story relating to a divide in the Paladins. Those who blindly follow the leader, and those who disagree with him because of his lack of evidence.
>>
>>50002309
[Shameless copyright infringement in progress]
Lover is kinda though on me[I saw her as young for a vampire but still much older than a mortal],
won't it be better if he was manipulated by her in the past as a young paladin, and only found out when she tried to "Embrace" him into a vampire.
>>
>>50002390
If I'm copying something I'm doing it unknowingly...

And it really depends on how vampires work in your setting. Most of the time they're depicted as apex predators with a very specific set of weaknesses. Would she be comfortable 'embracing' him if he might become a potential rival?

Doesn't have to be a lover, they could have been close friends for a long while until he caught wind of her. I don't know, but if the Paladins are paranoid in relation to her, it stands to reason that at least one among their number has been close enough to catch a hint of what she really is.

If the paladins are paranoid due to an outside influence, then what she's doing is damage control, and likely a good thing.
>>
>>50001874

I had a game which was a little like that; it was set in during an ice age, and one of the tribes we ran into was essentially run by a trio of vampires who were ridiculously powerful by stone age primitive standards.

Sure, they took people every so often and drank all their blood, but they made sure the tribe was never surprised by its enemies, and could hunt and track and scout and forage in terrain and weather conditions nobody else could, and ensured the people as a group lived.

Anyway, you could make her a convincing character by firmly characterizing her as the lesser evil than whatever would arise in her place.
>>
>>50002471
>[Shameless copyright infringement in progress]
I meant I'm taking it because it sounds interesting.

I think I'm gonna go with the paladin just picking it up for himself because he's not an idiot [you're right about her being disinclined to make another vampire],
also the idea of a divide between the paladins is ingenius and will give the players a lot of leeway so -taken.
>>
>>50001874
> The true reason is of course quite selfish 'Keeping blood quality up'

Get rid of this. You are considering her a vampire first, and a character second. Reverse it.

She isn't the benefactor of the city because she is a vampire. She became a vampire because she is the benefactor of the city.

Imagine it: hundreds of years ago, during the fall of an empire. Chaos in the power vacuum. She manages to bring this city back from the brink, but everything is only really held together by her momentum. She is surrounded by the vengeful, the stupid, the greedy. All the elements that if she were to turn her back, even for a moment, would undo her work.
Growing older, it becomes clear to her that the city will not be saved in her lifetime. She has forstalled the collapse, but after she dies her work will be undone by idiots and they will be right back where they started because the unsteady peace she forged hasn't had time to set yet.
So she resolves not to die. For what she imagines the good of her people, the seeks out the only form of immortality within her reach: vampirism. Convincing herself that what she does will be for the good of everyone.

Now, hundreds of years later? Her agendas are all played out. Everything she wanted to accomplish, she has. And as time has passed, she has grown more and more disconnected from the city she loved. She makes her edicts, and her word is carried out, but even she is beginning to wonder if those edicts are just. If the city still needs her. If, just maybe, it is time for her to come to an end.
Of course she puts that decision off. She knows what the answer would be, so she avoids the question. But all because she avoids it doesn't mean it goes away. A few lives in blood to save the city seemed a fine trade at the start, but is she just a parasite now? Does the city still owe her a debt in blood for her contributions? Is she still needed, or is she a villain?
Should she destroy herself while she still has a conscience?
>>
File: 1436174123065.jpg (141KB, 756x1057px) Image search: [Google]
1436174123065.jpg
141KB, 756x1057px
>>50002519
Stealing this.

>>50002551
Happy to help, anon, looking forward to reading about it in your future thread which I'm sure is coming.
>>
>>50002573
Also amazing.
>>
>>50002573
>>
File: Nailed-It.gif (726KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
Nailed-It.gif
726KB, 250x200px
>>50002573
>>
>>50002573
Top shit anon
>>
>>50002208
>Indian looking woman

And now you've hooked me.
>>
>>50001874

Shepherd, unless you mean she flies around in a starship and fucks everything.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.