[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do the kine always die when you kiss them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 10592041._SY540_.jpg (45KB, 484x540px) Image search: [Google]
10592041._SY540_.jpg
45KB, 484x540px
Or is it only when you drain them dry?
Why do you choose to depict him that way?
>>
>>50001668
For people who don't speak ENGRISH:
The question is; do you (as the lore master) make your vampires able to "Feed" without killing?
>>
Well, if we go by Vampire: The Masquerade's rules, there's no reason why any human should ever die from a vampire's bite. Waking up each night consumes only 1 blood point, and taking 1 blood point from a human doesn't leave them in need of any medical attention.

Keep your Humanity at 7 (normal human) or better and you don't even need to spend blood to "look" human (flushed skin, breathing, etc.), it just comes naturally.

Keep yourself full with at least 7 Blood Points and you won't even ever need to make checks against the Beast, as long as your Humanity is at least 7.

Vampire society being a shithole has nothing to do with the Beast or the vampiric condition and everything to do with the fact that a bunch of assholes just took power and then tried to drag everyone down to their level in order to make themselves feel better about the fact that they're monsters.
>>
>>50001806
>and everything to do with the fact that a bunch of assholes just took power and then tried to drag everyone down to their level in order to make themselves feel better about the fact that they're monsters.
So basically just vampires huh?
>>
>>50001843
Like I was saying, a freshly-embraced, 13th-generation neonate has no real reason to be an asshole as long as he keeps his blood levels reasonable. He has three "spare" blood points to mess around with before he has to worry about the Beast, and funnily enough 3 blood points is how many blood points you can safely drain from a human before they need hospitalization.

Lower generation vampires have it even easier: they have larger Blood Pools, but this has no impact on what we'll call their "Beast Mode" risk, except that it gets harder to be reduced to 7 Blood Points due to the larger Pool.

My point is that elders in Vampire lore are constantly harping on about the innate horribleness and monstrousness of the vampiric condition; that they're cursed by God and monsters by their very nature. The reality of the matter is that there's no innate reason for that to be the case; no particular reason why Vampires from the World of Darkness couldn't be friendly neighborhood vampires who mostly just goof off across the centuries.
>>
>>50001951
I.e., as I've said in the past and will doubtlessly say again, it is not a World of Darkness. It's a World of Ow I Stubbed My Toe Someone Turn On the Damn Light.
>>
>>50001951

>Mfw we've a friendly vamp in my game at the moment.

That being said, isn't the problem that they are forced to deal with other antagonists/each other and therefor have to spend blood to survive, which drives them into horrible acts for the sake of more blood?
>>
File: AAA_Hunter.jpg (77KB, 620x388px)
AAA_Hunter.jpg
77KB, 620x388px
>>50001806
ANon got the setting lore right. Power corrupts.

>>50001668
To answer op

It depends on the setting and tone, you want to work with. Going back to Bram Stoker The protags got bitten a lot, but only Mina was becoming a vamp after drinking Drac's blood.

That was all about the infectious nature of the other. but I have seen them be the zombie bite die and turn angle done as well.

I like going about it with the druggie angle. Feels good, but your really drugged out afterwards. Really screws with your day
>>
>>50002000 >>50002002
Not really. By far the most common threat a vampire faces is another vampire, who is usually using the "woe is me" thing as an excuse to some greater or lesser extent. The point being that it all, eventually, comes down to a *person* acting against another *person*, not the innate nature of the vampiric condition.

The only ones who really lose out on anything are the Nosferatu, due to becoming fuck ugly. I can get them; the Malkavians, too, due to it inflicting insanity. But for everyone else...you get sweet powers, a durable body, and a decent shot at living forever, and all it costs you is your tan.
>>
>>50002089

Alright, in that case in your opinion which supernatural gets the shaft, if it ain't vamps?
>>
>>50001951
except for the Sun burning you, and those that do indulge shitkicking you down the totem poll. The bite is bad man the bite is theft. You can down play it, but their's no getting around that. Vamps are dead things stealing life, and endangering the people around them. They may not actively do so. And thats how I run my vamps. but it only takes one bad day for tables to be flipped and shit goes south. At the very least the risk of differentiating away from a normal mind set is still there.

The in your face horror is the blood drinking, the long term horror is this century dead thing that only kind of thinks like a normal person anymore.
>>
>>50002089
Hey man if you want to play superpower blood gods more power to Anon, but that kind of trivializes a lot of the other themes. Vamp are powerful yes, and thats defiantly part of the theme, but not the only part.

But OP was asking about how to protray vampires in general not just in one game setting. For another example back in the late 80s early 90s there was a trope that used vampirism as a metaphor for STDs Lots of ripe material there. The Shame the Hiding. It's all there
>>
>>50002271
Given that OP was using classic World of Darkness terminology, I'm nearly certain that in fact he was referring to the classic World of Darkness.

>>50002132
> and those that do indulge shitkicking you down the totem poll

Which, is, again, a person doing a bad thing to another person. That happens to the living, too, it's got nothing to do with the vampiric condition in and of itself.

>The bite is bad man the bite is theft

No more so than chicken. Especially not if you've put a dot or two in Herd.

>the long term horror is this century dead thing that only kind of thinks like a normal person anymore.

See, but the fluff doesn't actually bare this out. The only vampires that don't really seem to act like people anymore are the ones who have chosen to actively indulge in the notion that they're monsters. But a normal person can do that, too, if he's determined enough.

But we've got centuries-old vampires like Victoria Ash, Beckett, Theo Bell, the vast majority of all Anarch characters like Smiling Jack, and others who seem to still just behave like people, albeit people who occasionally need to drink blood.
>>
>>50002132
That's all basically how it works for normal people, minus the sun and blood drinking. Unless you follow the vegan mindset of meat is murder, then good god our society is far worse than anything vampires do
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.