[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tg/ think of Lindybeige?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 360
Thread images: 30

What does /tg/ think of Lindybeige?
>>
Swings between making OK videos and talking out his ass for some dumb point
>>
>>49997179
For example.
The tie.
>>
>>49997173
He makes enjoyable videos that I take with a grain of salt.
>>
>>49997179
This, but without the "OK videos" part.

It's like watching someone who's never even used a computer talk about videogames like they're an expert.
>>
>>49997173
I don't know who that is.

>>49997203
That said, if I wanted to experience this I'd watch Yahtzee instead. At least he makes it somewhat entertaining.
>>
>>49997173
He's okay, as long as he talks about history. The moment he talks about anything else (like unironically defending the Imperial system as "easier to use") he's shitting out of his mouth.

I've never met the guy so this is just speculation, but he looks like the kind of guy who thinks he's an expert in everything because he's an expert in one field.
>>
I like him, his videos are informative and he has a good sense of humor
>>
>>49997179

His idea about how Chinese dictionaries work is the dumbest thing. I don't understand how a self-respecting person could just make things up and argue against them. Five minutes of research and he would have known he was wrong.
>>
>>49997241
>he looks like the kind of guy who thinks he's an expert in everything because he's an expert in one field.

Kind of the impression I got just from watching a couple of his videos.
>>
Sometimes right, mostly entertaining.
>>
> Britain never, ever, ever did anything wrong
> and if they did something kind of dodgy, the other cunts deserved it

Just summing up his view on British history
>>
>>49997264
Same for a lot of his videos desu
>>
>>49997282
>Poor people are poor because rich people are better
>>
>>49997173
Like any and all historians he alternates between "insightful and interesting opinion" to "bullshit of the highest order".

The only things he's ever said which I have trusted implicitly is his opinion on the French.
>>
>>49997310
>The only things he's ever said which I have trusted implicitly is his opinion on the French.
Bruh, that's where the bullshit-o-meter breaks, as soon as he starts talking about the French.
>>
He's alright. I like some of his stuff, his talk on the Illiad was really good, and a lot of his WWII stuff was also good.

He is frequently wrong when it comes to medieval stuff or ancient stuff, but I think that's probably just dumb stuff he absorbed from reenactors. He did an eye-opening video about flails where he actually called up museums and confirmed that a lot of flails which are presented as being short and one-handed in pictures and such are actually socketed, meaning they were probably the ends of polearms.
>>
File: 1477509976022.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1477509976022.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>Lindybeige
>a holocaust denier

Yea I'll pass
>>
>>49997333
>a holocaust denier
Really? What vid?
And is he a "real" holocaust denier or does he just dispute the 6 million figure?
>>
>>49997340
He said we should not overemphasize the 6 million, but remember all the other victims of the nazis, too.
>>
>>49997241
>unironically defending the Imperial system as "easier to use"
I have no idea who this guy is but the imperial system is in fact more appropriate for a layman's usage than metric.
>>
>>49997318
Not an exact quote but, "The most important duty of any englishman is to stuff the French"
I wholeheartedly support this statement.
>>
>>49997353
That's not being a holocaust denier
>>
>>49997282
objectively correct
>>
>>49997241

He's not even an expert in history. He's a professional Swing Dance teacher for christssake
>>
>>49997363
Lindybeige makes shit up sometimes, but so do his critics.
>>
>>49997368
He was actually teaching at a university until they sacked him
>>
>>49997241
His WWII stuff is pretty bad, too.
>>
>>49997363
To /pol/, the holocaust means a Jewish claim to leadership because they suffered unrivaled losses at the hand of anti-samites and everybody who questions this claim is an anti-semite themself.
>>
>>49997357
because it's so easy to convert measurements from miles to feet.
>>
>>49997353
Well, he's not wrong. How is that holocaust denial? It's simply non-denial of Nazi Germany's non-Jewish victims. The oppression olympics isn't a zero sum game.

>>49997357
Not really. You probably say this because you grew up with that system, making it easier for you to estimate in that system. I often hear the "5 feet is short, 6 feet is tall" argument but you could just as easily do that with 160cm and 180cm.

>>49997358
Let me guess, you also think Godwinson was the last English king? This is nothing but pure, unbridled Francophobia. I know it has become part of England's national identity, but there's a point where it's going too far.
>>
>>49997380
He was teaching evolutionary science iirc, not exactly the subjects he goes on about.
>>
He also claimed that the British weren't responsible for the deaths of Boers in the British concentration camps during the Second Boer War.
>>
I think he's a fine dancer
>>
>>49997399
>evolutionary science
Wot? Got a source on that? I thought he actually had a degree in history.
>>
>>49997415
he has a degree in archaeology.
>>
>>49997357
Easier to use what you grew up with dude, I can visualize a meter just fine but I can't picture a foot for the life of me

>>49997415
Archaeology degree even, afaik
>>
>>49997438
I thought that was Matt Easton.
>>
>>49997384
>To /pol/
In all fairness, it's the exact same on the other side of the spectrum with zionists
>>
>>49997452
It's possible for two persons to hold that degree.
>>
>>49997478
But not at the same time, surely.
Don't they need to have a duel for the title, or something?
>>
>>49997380
>>49997368
He got a degree in archaeology as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>49997410
Debatable under certain conditions, for instance were British supply lines being regularly targeted during the conflict? If so this could lead to starvation of prisoners simply by merit that there's more important places to be delivering medical and edible provisions to and even with prison camps prisoners are lower priority in event of rationing.

Of course, if it's just a matter of guard brutality then yeah, that's on them.
>>
>>49997482
With spades, shovels and brushes? I would watch that, but Matt looks fitter than Lindy, he would probably win that.
>>
>>49997501
Lindy is getting a set of plate armor made for him.
>>
>>49997282
So he knows his stuff then
>>
>>49997503
The way he wants the armour made is stupid though. I wonder what he's going to do with the arming doublet.
>>
>>49997503
Silly anon, those are not the tools of an archeologist.
>>
>>49997521
They are if he's also a time traveller.
>>
File: Andersonvillesurvivor.jpg (862KB, 2027x3456px) Image search: [Google]
Andersonvillesurvivor.jpg
862KB, 2027x3456px
>>49997493
In the American Civil War, the Confederates had a POW camp called Andersonville. Andersonville became notorious for the mass starvation of prisoners, many inmates died. This was not based on malicious policy, the Confederacy simply didn't have the supplies to feed them.

The bastard who ran the camp still got hanged for it though.

Pic related is a survivor of the camp.
>>
>>49997173
George Silver reincarnated
>>
>>49997173
Reverse Rennaisance man
>>
>>49997387
Because you so often need to convert between the two?
Because you can so easily visualize a meter to a kilometer? Ultra brotip: your brain can't actually comprehend a 1000x multiplier.
>>49997388
>Not really. You probably say this because you grew up with that system, making it easier for you to estimate in that system. I often hear the "5 feet is short, 6 feet is tall" argument but you could just as easily do that with 160cm and 180cm.
The point for the imperial system is that it can be easily compared to body parts for shorthand. An inch is about the size of a typical thumb joint. A foot is about the size of a typical forearm. Yes, there's variations, but the point is not for exacting purposes but for generic, sloppy measurements.
>>
Only seen a few of his vids, he can be interesting but take a lot of what he says with a grain of salt. Also he seems to hate any Tabletop RPGs with mechanics, especially D&D because muh realism, or because he doesn't like how X mechanic works
>>
>>49997173
I enjoy his videos but sometimes he's wrong about stuff or just simply misinformed.
>>
>>49997357
>the thing that has no logical consistency is easier to use and remember
Yeah, sure

It's totally not the fact that you grew up with it and used it for years.
>>
>>49997585
>Because you can so easily visualize a meter to a kilometer?
What's that got to do with anything?
>>
>>49997282
Name two countries Britain had fucked over that they didn't deserve.
>>
>>49997621
England.
USA.
>>
>>49997585
>>49997357
The problem with Imperial measurements is, apart from differences in body parts between individuals that make rigorous measurement impossible, that it pigeonholes the measurement to the human experience. The entire point of science, as opposed to any other method of elucidation, is that it allows for extrapolation outside of one's experiences which should prove, if measured correctly, to be both accurate and precise (and I use those words in the scientific meaning).

That makes Imperial measurements, frankly, useless, because Ultra brotip: your brain comprehends 1,000 miles about as well as it comprehends 1,600 kilometers.

And if you're using a body part for measurement, that's simply sad. Carry a ruler with you if you actually need to measure.
>>
>>49997621
Ireland.

That's about it
>>
File: 1433442672456.jpg (50KB, 464x444px) Image search: [Google]
1433442672456.jpg
50KB, 464x444px
>>49997630
>England
>>
Well he did a good job reminding me that the English is the worst part of the British Isles
>>
>>49997241
This. He's fairly entertaining, and he does pretty good interviews as well.

He does share the same problem a lot of us academics have, which is to assume that our training and the logic derived from there, is directly applicable to other fields. The further he strays from history, the worse it gets; his biology is, at best, skewed, and usually flat out wrong.
>>
>>49997656
>Ireland didn't deserve being fucked over
???

They hosted multiple Catholic invasion forces.
>>
>>49997600
It means it's not like metric is any better for that usage.
>>49997655
Measurement is not the exclusive grounds of ""science"", mate. It's used by everyone for myriad purposes. Measurements do not always need to be precise, yet they need to be performed in general by millions of people daily.
Saying it is thereby useless is completely without merit, faggot. Not everyone carries a ruler in their back pocket.
>>
>>49997630
>USA
Totally deserved what they get for throwing a tantrum over not being tax exempt anymore.
>>
Just a reminder that England started the Hundred Years War when its monarchs continually tried to steal the French crown through armed invasion.

A further reminder that England lost the Hundred Years War.
>>
>>49997700
>Not everyone carries a ruler in their back pocket.
They do if they're a tradesman that has to take regular measurements, such as a carpenter.
>>
>>49997700
>It means it's not like metric is any better for that usage.
But the argument wasn't about visualization. It was about conversion.

(actually though, you never really convert metric units, you just move the decimal point around - and that's precisely what makes the metric system great).
>>
>>49997700
>It's used by everyone for myriad purposes
Sure, but how difficult is it to use centimeters or meters in daily usage? It's not hard. It's easy to visualize and convert. Conversely, using Imperial measurements outside of your ridiculous 'daily' usage is simply irresponsible, given human error.

And if you're telling me that 'daily' usage of measurements that are non-exacting is more important that accurate scientific measurements, than you sir, are the faggot. Carry a slide ruler. It will make your life better.
>>
>>49997655
Imperial was made for the lower working class. Its the poor mans measuring system. Not meant for things that needed quick conversions or to be super precise.
>>
>>49997725
>implying english monarchs weren't French
>>
>>49997736
No they don't, famously old clothiers and textiles still use the traditional way of measuring feete.
>>
>>49997554
>survivor
Was Andersonville the domain of vile Confederate necromancers?
>>
>>49997173

The vid where he goes on about how D&D isn't realistic enough was hysterical to me.
>>
>>49997819
>No they don't
Carpenters do.
>>
>>49997849
Yeah, that entire video was stupid
>Weapons that give a bonus to fighting specific enemies are useless because you aren't going to carry a whole bag of swords around
Says who? The Handy Haversack is literally made for such things: nearly infinite storage space and as a move action you can automatically and accurately retrieve any single item stored in it. Wizards and clerics (or the well prepared ones) carry a slew of wands and scrolls with them for those spells that are not commonly used enough to warrant dedicating a spell slot to, but occasionally useful enough to still warrant a means to cast them at will. That's the entire point of being an adventurer. You're not a soldier who just needs a primary weapon and a secondary weapon to bring the hurt to another soldier, you're a professional dealing with literally fantastic wonders.

>The adventurers didn't flip over the turtle so the evil empire had to do it for them
This would be the point where I get up and walk away, and there aren't many circumstances where I'd do that. This is bad storytelling, this is nothing more than the DM gloating and making the party feel useless.
>Hurr durr but you can't just cut through a turtle's shell
Just fucking give him damage reduction that's impossible to overcome for a normal human. Key word: normal. Adventurers (at least in D&D, which I have the impression Lindy plays the most) are already above average starting at level 1. They are by all means exceptional people with the ability to overcome exceptional threats.
>>
>>49997849
>>49997963
He's a britbong, he didn't grow up playing D&D but rather HeroQuest and RuneQuest, it makes more sense from that perspective.
>>
>>49997173
He's a hack.
>>
>>49997353
>but remember all the other victims of the Nazis, too.
The absolute antisemite
>>
>>49997353
t. Carl the Cuck
>>
>>49997585
>Because you so often need to convert between the two?
You never had a class in physics, did you ?
>>
>>49997849
>>49998117
>t.frogs
>>
>>49997173

Moron. And he uses the motte and bailey form of "debate", which to me means he should be taken outside and shot.
>>
>>49999027
This desu
>>
>>49998274
You don't convert between feet and miles because at any scale where you need to know the miles, you don't really need to know the feet.
>>
>>49999027
Motte and Bailey debate?
>>
>>49997173
I like him. And as I speak for all of /tg/, that's the answer to your question.
>>
>>49997452
You know when I first started watching him, it took me a while to realize that he wasn't saying MaTeaStan
>>
>>49999080

I'ts derived from an old style fortification system, where you had a heavily defended citadel (the motte) usually on top of an otherwise worthless hill, and a much lighter defense line around the places that were actually important and people lived and worked in, called the bailey; which would be temporarily abandoned if it came under serious attack as everyone withdrew into the motte.

Applied to debating in general, it works by making an absurd, ridiculous claim, and when pressed on it, retreating to "well I only really meant X", where X is a much less provocative, and often much less interesting statement.

Which is Lindy to a T; he makes bizarre, provocative titles to his articles or his youtube vids

>Cavalry was useless!
>Zama didn't exist!
>What holocaust!?

As a way of attracting viewers, and then goes on to say something far more mainstream (although often still with lots of errors, because he's a dumbass) once you actually sit down to watch his inane 20 minute videos.
>>
>>49999080
think Bait-and-switch, but for debates
>>
>>49999064
But that's plain wrong.
Let's say you know you do 3 feet per second. How long is it going to take you to reach your grandma who lives 18 miles away from you?
>>
>>49997554
How long did it survive though? Doesn't really seem like something you recover from without people on stilts and some strong cord.
>>
Lots of inaccuracies and lies-by-omission, but that's par the course for youtube. Not particularly worth watching in my opinion, but I won't judge you if you do.
>>
>>49999177
>Let's say you know you do 3 feet per second.
Going to let you in on a secret here bud. We just use miles per hour for all speed related measurements here, nobody walks in feet per second, that's reserved for high speed things for bullets.

I don't know why either, but I was raised in it so buhffffffffffffffffffffffffft.
>>
>>49997621
Half of Africa. inb4 we gave them schools and shit. You also gave them modern technology and forced them to live in diverse democratic states while failing to teach them modern cultural norms. The massive population explosion in Africa as well as the famines and wars are mostly due to the fact that peoples were forced to live in modern states without having modern moral codes.
>>
>>49997681
England started fucking up Ireland in the 12th century, long before catholic-protestant was even a thing.
>>
>>49999261
The point is, multiplication happens and when it does, small numbers can become big.
Whether it's to calculate how many tents you can fit into an area, or how many cabins a ship might have based on its length, there are many different scenarios that require it.
>>
>>49997173
Knyght Errant is the superior medieval Arms and Armour channel. Each video has a tight focus, great depth and actually cites and links sources. The fact that Ian restricts his topics to his area of expertise and explores them thoroughly is so refreshing. Only talking about things you actually have a clue about is a rare virtue in A&A discussions.
>>
>>49999381
And any scientific or engineering focused american will use metric to do that. Nobody uses imperial for anything serious over here unless some prof is fucking with you (and if they do that you just google how much an average duck weighs, memorize it and only measure mass in ducks from that point on making a note of the conversion in the corner).
>>
>>49999263
>Waaa why did you try to civilize the savages how dare you teach them how to build houses made of bricks instead of mud.
>>
>>49999465
>And any scientific or engineering focused american will use metric to do that.
But since you give the length of your ships and the size of your backyards in imperial units, you STILL have to make a conversion to do it.
>>
>>49999546
Which is what the conv button is for.
>>
File: 1476340247228.gif (112KB, 173x206px) Image search: [Google]
1476340247228.gif
112KB, 173x206px
>>49997353
So you're saying that you're pissed off and morally opposed to this man because he had the gall to say that the Jews weren't the only ones to suffer?

Do you think that the fact that Romanians and Homos and others died horrible deaths cheapens the sufferings of Jews? Do you think we should forget it so that the Jews are only remembered?

What the fuck?

The fuck?

What kind of fucking world do we live in?

You legitimately disgust me if this is the case.
>>
>>49999546
Oh no, I have to multiply through by 3/10. This is so challenging.
>>
>>49999628
and unnecessary
>>
>>49999628
>3/10
It's Imperial, it doesn't have such a simple conversion ratio.
>>
File: 1477334526894.jpg (216KB, 782x751px) Image search: [Google]
1477334526894.jpg
216KB, 782x751px
>>49997621
NS Germany
>>
>>49999263
>that they didn't deserve
>>
>>49999695
It's not my fault aryan blood is so delicious
>>
File: 1468272879400-0.png (47KB, 1560x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1468272879400-0.png
47KB, 1560x1000px
>>49999910
t. harris
>>
>>49999472
The issue is you gave people without modern morality modern technology. They could have just sat in their mud huts as hunter gatherers and their standards of living would still be higher than much of modern Africa.

Think of it like this, imagine the scenario in reverse, it is 800 B.C. and Africans with bolt action rifles and shit begin to colonize Europe. They start out with trade posts in Southern Europe whose people they consider more civilized than those in the north. Over time they exert more and more influence on the states in southern Europe until they are effectively client states and are eventually annexed after a coup, civil war, or rebellion.

After much of civilized Europe has been divided up Africans decide they want more land in Europe and quickly divide up the entirety of Europe between their countries using completely arbitrary borers. Lets say one African kingdom gets a colony stretching from modern Brittany up to and including the Jutland peninsula. In order to help administrate the colony they decide to place Gauls in charge of most government positions where they can't put Africans and Germanic peoples are treated as third class citizens. Any attempts at rebellion by these people are quashed. About 70 years after arriving the Africans pack up and leave forming their old colony into a single country with a democracy.

So now we have Celts and Germans forced to live together, with an actively created history of animosity between them. To make matters worse they are living in a democracy which favors the majority regardless of what the minority want and they have access to modern medicine and weapons. The end result is obvious, their population grows far faster than their country can sustain causing famine and the inherent biases of democracy combined with a moral code where raping a woman to get her to marry you or killing a man for robbing you are considered fine inevitably leads to conflict.
>>
>>49997173
Deeply unaware and likely a chore to endure in person
>>
>>49999716
>How dare people be content to live as hunter-gathers or subsistence farmers
>>
>>49997173
Seems decent, but his Britain boner is too much for me at times given that I'm Irish. His informational stuff is good, when he isn't talking about the glory of Britain. He's wrong as often as he is right, but all in all I like his content.
>>
>>49999993
>Let's just ignore all the other absolutely barbaric shit they were doing before Europeans arrived
>>
>>49999993
>How dare you bring civilization to Africa!
>How dare you bring education to Africans
>How dare you build roads and trade routes all over the world
>How dare you teach the Africans about modern medicine
>How dare you show them how much better life can be beyond sticks and stones.
>>
>>50000063
>People are doing barbaric shit to each other
>So we should do barbaric shit to them
>We should also give them more reasons to do barbaric shit to each other
>We should also give them more efficient ways of doing barbaric shit to each other
>>
>>50000132
>How dare you bring civilization to Africa!
Well modern technology. You never actually brought civilization there, if you did than they wouldn't have an AIDS epidemic and it wouldn't be a shithole of endemic warfare and famines.
>How dare you bring education to Africans
If you did that they wouldn't be waging constant war on each other while dying of AIDS because they think raping a virgin cures it
>How dare you build roads and trade routes all over the world
Mostly to siphon resources out of Africa
>How dare you teach the Africans about modern medicine
Considering that you never taught them not to have more kids than they support it seems like a pretty bad idea
>How dare you show them how much better life can be beyond sticks and stones.
Is it better? Modern sub-saharan Africa sure as hell doesn't look better than the isolated hunter-gatherer tribes who don't have to deal with a warlord marching into town, killing the men, drafting the boys to fight a war, and taking the girls as sex slaves.

But yeah colonization was totally just to help black people out, Europeans did it out of the goodness of their hearts for nothing in exchange. The Africans were so grateful they gave their saviors all kinds of gifts, the Congolese were known for gifting Belgians their hands.
>>
File: seriously.png (134KB, 221x274px) Image search: [Google]
seriously.png
134KB, 221x274px
>>49997224
>yahtzee
>entertaining
when was the last time you laughed during on of his videos?
>>49997353
>>let us remember he indicates MORE than 6 gorillian died.
>>holocaust denier
you sir should have been gassed for mental deficiency

>>50000063
And kill twins for superstitious reasons.
Let's not bring enlightenment too them, let's not let them see the light of reason and become great rather than live in abject squalor.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (51KB, 320x345px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
51KB, 320x345px
Stopped watching him after his take on D&D. When he said that "Calling 4e tabletop WoW is right" I knew he never played extensively any of those. And I actually was right - he proceeded to talk how bad his only 4e session was, and bitched about the shitty GM, rather the system itself. The only valid point was about monsters having lots of HP. But he probably just researched what people were saying around the internet and presented it as his own opinion.
He never said anything about 3e also - which was weird, since it is the biggest.
>>
>>50000224
Wow anon I didn't realize the Congo,Kenya,south Africa and Nigeria were all the same Colony ran by the same people.
Also I am sorry that not all Africans actually accepted the influences of western civilization.
>>
>>49997173

I want to cum in his beard. Do you think he'd be into that?
>>
>>49997173
I liked the video where he explained what die rolls mean. How the die roll says more something about the surroundings than how well someone performed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF8UU4pqefk
>>
>>50000224
>You never actually brought civilization there
didn't the french do that with north Africa? including hospitals and universities.
>If you did that they wouldn't be waging constant war on each other while dying of AIDS because they think raping a virgin cures it
That would be north Africa and only since post apartheid no? either way it has more to do with Apartheid then anything else. Right now "decolonizers" are attacking the university system there.
>Mostly to siphon resources out of Africa
you say that like it's a bad thing, as much as the brish were a charitable empire comparatively they were and remain an economic one.
People don't tend to do things without gain after all.
>Considering that you never taught them not to have more kids than they support it seems like a pretty bad idea
I blame the Catholics.
Fucking Catholics.
More likely then not a lot of this is coming from post colonial regress.
Remember grabs for Africa began in the 1900s and the empires were forced to let them loose less than 40 years later
It's also good to remember aside from the western anti slavery ports the west belonged to other powers and are some of the most fucked up.
>Is it better? Modern sub-saharan Africa sure as hell doesn't look better than the isolated hunter-gatherer tribes who don't have to deal with a warlord marching into town, killing the men, drafting the boys to fight a war, and taking the girls as sex slaves.
It's just my country, under colonial rule Jamaica was a much better place then when they separated things spun out of control very fast because of the power vacuum.
In part you can blame warlords on communism, Islamists, colonialism and regional destabilization but it is not as fucking nuts universally as people seem to indicate.

> Europeans did it out of the goodness of their hearts for nothing in exchange.
we are generally talking about british, also nobody would every claim such a thing.
And it would be stupid to expect such a thing
>>
>>50000338
That's gay. Stop being gay.
>>
>>50000224
>AIDs is the white man's fault
>Africans living outside of their means is the white man's fault
>Africans killing each other based on the tone of their skin is the white man's fault
>African's believing raping babies is the white man's fault
>the pre-existing slave trade that africa had and still has to this day is the fault of the white man
Best of all
>African's constant mismanagement of non renewable resources leading to deforestation and desertification is the fault of the white man
Anything else?
>>
>>50000392
I should stress the big grabs, lands were held before but from what i remember the 1900s were the final gasps of colonialism and it went out with a bang.
Britian holding lots of hte middle east destroying the dervish state RIGHT after ww1 and taking as much land as they could
>>
>>50000408
In fact the slave trade is largely the result of Muslim slavers.
>>
>>50000288
>I disagree with something Lloyd said
>therefore I stop watching his videos even though he talks about a wide range of topics

have fun in your hugbox
>>
>>50000427
>fact the slave trade is largely the result of Muslim slavers
Gotta love the fact that it's almost completely ignored in schools despite the fact that the arabs did some horrific shit to those poor slaves and they have a higher body count then the USA did.
>>
>>49997621
Ireland and Ireland
>>
File: that's right batman.jpg (33KB, 680x405px) Image search: [Google]
that's right batman.jpg
33KB, 680x405px
>>50000459
It's ignored in the US.
When my dad talks about slavary he's always point out the Spanish and the Portuguese as the worst among them.
Despite Arabs and Turks being terrible and most of their empires being built around slavery.
the Latin faggots used slaves like disposable human waste.
America actually wanted to keep slaves alive and didn't have a failing empire to keep afloat
>>
>>49999174
>>49999171
Ah, thanks. Learn something new every day.
>>
File: Irish merchant.jpg (31KB, 478x478px) Image search: [Google]
Irish merchant.jpg
31KB, 478x478px
>>50000460
Agus fágaimid siúd mar atá sé
>>
File: 1465807448180.jpg (280KB, 925x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1465807448180.jpg
280KB, 925x1080px
LYNDYBEIGE!!!
>>
>>49997358
Nelson "....you must hate the Frenchman like you hate the devil"
>>
Daily reminder that Lindybeige claims

>no one used swords, axes
>no one used horses
>no one used throwing knives
>no one used double strap arm shields
>no one used scythes
>no one used mail coifs
>no one used torches
>Pikemen didn't fight each other
>no one spoke French during the French revolution
>no one spoke Latin during the Roman Republic
>battle of Zama didn't happen
>Romans carried one pilum
>Vikings weren't real
>berserkers weren't real
>climate change isn't real
>stagnant social mobility isn't real
>castles were defended by three soldiers
>butted mail is better than riveted mail
>>
His earlier videos were good and useful at the time, there some fairly straightforward deductions you can make just by holding a weapon that are none the less useful to present to people who only really experience weapons in games or on film.

Since then the quality of stuff avaible has gone up (Channels like Schola Gladiatoria and Knyght Errant blow his content out of the water) and he quality of his stuff has gone down as he used up all the low hanging fruit and moved on to more speculative stuff. He still occasionally puts out watchable stuff where he knows his shit or is talking to someone who knows theirs like his Illiad video or some of the interviews from bid re-enactment events.
>>
>>49999999
>>50000000
>>
>>50001045
thank you, nobody cares
>>
>>50000881
>Vikings weren't real
>berserkers weren't real
These are mostly correct, though. Most of "viking culture" was invented in the 1800 by Scandinavian nationalists trying to spice up their history - similar to how the samurai have had their PR boosted in the past.

And a "berserker" is ultimately just a nutcase with a weapon. Those probably did exist. Most descriptions of berserkers are probably figurative, though, kind of like an old norse way of calling someone an absolute madman.
>>
File: tg and sp best buds.png (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
tg and sp best buds.png
9KB, 225x225px
>>50001045
You're not /sp/
The fuck are you doing getting gets?
>>
>>50000881
I don't think you actually watched the video about horses.
>>
>>50000881
In theory they can, as long as the doors are locked and no faggot outside has siege weapons.
Then again i want to see home alone, castle siege edition.

>>scythes
Who the fuck would legitimanyly use farming tools like that as a weapon?
they are shit SHIT. you might as well pick up a big stick for all it does you.
Of all the points this is the most reasonable and the "MUH EXCEPTIONS DENY GENERALITIES" isn't going to change that.
>>
>>49997173
>What does [board] think of [minor e-celebrity]?
They're shit
>>
>>50001145
>Who the fuck would legitimanyly use farming tools like that as a weapon?

The French.

Look up war scythes before you get too triggered, though.
>>
>>49999648
This.

If you have to use metrics anyway when things become serious, then why bother with the imperial at all ?
>>
>>49999975
>muh prime directive
>>
>>50001146
This. Even if they're actually good. If you ask about a single person like anybody should give a shit, they'll be called shit. Pursue less stupid questions.
>>
>>50001268
Dicks, a wider range of full-number temperatures that humans are comfortable in, the "Ten units over the limit" cushion of a cop pulling you over for speeding being 60% larger.
>>
Whenever he talks about guns his use of terminology is just not quite right.
>>
>>50001309
>Getting pulled over by the cops
Maybe you should just learn to drive.
>>
>>50001249
>french
french are not people anon.
nor are they intelligent
>war sycthe
As in taking the blade, refitting it on the front?
Anon, that's not a Scythe, that's a skinny billhook or a poll arm.
By that logic scythed chariots are sycthes.
It isn't an actual scythe picked up from the field in all of it's awkward glory
which would be incredibly awkward, sickles i understand, pick forks, billhooks, clubs, hell every some saws. But a scythe remains too awkward to use in packed mobs, is awkward to use for anything besides it's tooluse.
Key reason why people remount the blade in war.

>trigger
Faggot what you said is stupid, and what you continue to say is equally as stupid.
There is a reason why scythes aren't used by anyone who needs anything else. It's a stick with metal kinda at the end. literally anything would be better
>>
File: Madoka the magi killer.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Madoka the magi killer.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>50001077
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Saxon_Chronicle
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annals_of_Ulster
Not to mention all the other primary sources, such as contemporary sagas.
>>
>>50001390
Yes.

But did he say, specifically, that people never used farming scythes?
>>
>>50000881
I recognize this is a general exaggeration, but he never said people didn't use torches. He said that fiction uses torches incorrectly. People held the bright flaming light source above or behind their head, not in front of them like a lantern. It results in night-blindness.
>>
>>50001249
>war scythes
Confirmed for not having watched the video.
He does make a point that war scythes weren't at all the same in design as the farming tools.
>>
>>50001436
ok what about the other claims?
>>
>>50001145
>Who the fuck would legitimanyly use farming tools like that as a weapon?
Poor farmers who had to defend their country but had no money or time to get proper weapons.
>>
>>50001309
You know there's something for that in metrics, right ?

As in centimeters for dicks (which is actually more precise than inches. The unlucky or very meticulous can even use millimeters)

Celcius degrees for temperature (which actually make sense by putting freezing water at 0°C and boiling at 100°C rather than fucking 32 and 212, which makes it a glorious pain to calculate a progressive scale in chemistry)
>>
>>50001404
>that people never used farming scythes?
Jesus you spastic.
redirect yourself to where i said
>>50001145
>"MUH EXCEPTIONS DENY GENERALITIES"
From what i remember of his claims he made it was along the lines of, actual farming scythes would be impractical and the depictions of it being a martial art is stupid because it would be unlikely for any serious fighter to use it.
If you want to simplify it
The use of farming equipment is unlikely but sycthes are the worst
>>
>>50001464
>no one used swords, axes

I guess he never made these videos :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fK35jaxf8I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpYIPlVx4Rs

>no one used horses
>no one used throwing knives
>no one used double strap arm shields
>no one used scythes
>no one used mail coifs
>no one used torches
>no one spoke Latin during the Roman Republic
>battle of Zama didn't happen
>Romans carried one pilum
>Vikings weren't real
>berserkers weren't real
>climate change isn't real
>stagnant social mobility isn't real
>butted mail is better than riveted mail
>>
>>50001493
>farmers
>Defending their country
More likely it was rebellion
Anyway, a big stick would be generally more productive because it inst a fuck off awkward stick with metal at the end
>>
>>50001542
I mean you could have just brought up the Francisca throwing axe video he did.
>>
>>50001556
Never heard of conscription or militias? Also the scythe's blade would be sharpened and pointed upwards to make it more akin to a clumsy spear.
>>
>>50001526
I think you completely misunderstand what I'm trying to say. I've got time, so I'm going to explain.

Poster 1:
[Youtuber] says nobody used scythes

Poster 2:
Why would anybody use scythes?

Me:
There's always war scythes

Poster ?:
War scythes =/= scythes

Me:
Was he talking specifically about farming scythes?

Does that help?
>>
>>50001496
>>50001496
>>50001496
>As in centimeters for dicks (which is actually more precise than inches. The unlucky or very meticulous can even use millimeters)
harder to estimate, in inch is around one of your finger bones, nice and easy to scale a donger.

>Celcius degrees for temperature (which actually make sense by putting freezing water at 0°C and boiling at 100°C rather than fucking 32 and 212, which makes it a glorious pain to calculate a progressive scale in chemistry)
Bigger pain in the ass for setting a room's thermometer..

And you can't coutner having the ability to go 60%further over the speed limit.

Let's take a 50 mile/80km speed limit. You can maybe get away with 90km, an american (Or brit) can get away with 60mph, closer to 89kmph.

So we get places sooner.
>>
>>50001584
Are we gonna have this argument a second time in the SAME thread?
>>
>>49997656
>>50000460

Ireland Invaded Scotland and Northumbria countless times.

Talk shit, get hit.
>>
>>50001606
Yes.
No.
Maybe,
No.
>>
>>49997173
>SPANDAU MACHINEGUN
>>
>>49997173
He's a kike.
>>
>>49997849
What's next? Warhammer 40K is 'Just not right' according to Lindybiege 2016?

Imagine that.
>>
>>50001584
>Never heard of conscription or militias?
The term you are looking for is Levy
Levis were generally drawn from house owning persons, like yeomen but could also be drawn from the completely unreliable peasantry.

Even then they would likely be using more USEFUL TOOLS
See the maul, large axes and the like where the scythe dispute being a bladed item is less useful than a fire hardened billclub because of it's unwieldy design.

Conscription and militia would be more common post feudalism, with the new model army
>>Also the scythe's blade would be sharpened and pointed upwards
that is a warscythe.
I was talking about scythes numb-nuts, unmodified.
> clumsy spear.
more like the bill hook or poll axe actually.
>>
I find it funny that in Lindybeige threads, in other boards as well, there will always be a discussion as follows:

>"Lindy said x which is wrong"
>"He didn't say x, he said y which is similar to x but is correct"
>"y is still wrong though"
>"He didn't say y, he said z which is similar to y but is correct"
>"no guys he said x but he's actually correct about it"
>>
File: 0ea.png (424KB, 662x471px) Image search: [Google]
0ea.png
424KB, 662x471px
>>50001595
? is me
>Was he talking specifically about farming scythes?
yes, in the video he was addressing a manual of western marshal arts where there was a manuscript of people fighting with unmodified agricultural scythes and saying "well this is clearly ridiculous."

>Does that help?
actually a fair amount thanks anon
I thought i was arguing with poster one still.
>>
>>49997173
who?
>>
>>50001747
>I thought i was arguing with poster one still.
Yeah, the constant misunderstandings are a problem with this anonymity thing. Honestly, I think 4chan should give people thread-specific usernames - would cut down on impersonation and shitposting, I think.
>>
>>50001747
To be fair, Dueling Martial Arts are supposed to be ridiculous. Half of them were designed to make sure no skilled Warrior had skill over the other.

See: Dueling shields or TRY AND BEAT YOUR WIFE WHILE YOU INNA HOLE.
>>
>>49999660
Multiply feet by 3/10 to basically get meters.
>>
>>49997849
I think the stupidest bit was when he was complaining that the classes had unique powers in 4e because that meant he couldn't pretend to be one class when he was really another. Although his delineation of D&D into Early, Mid-Period and 4e was particularly amusing given that his examples of Early and Mid-Period D&D were actually released the same year, in 1977 (though, granted, the last core book for AD&D didn't come out until 2 years later). And it seems a bit weird to have Mid-Period D&D be only a few years after D&D was first brought to the market, when, at the time he made the video, the game had already had a 35 year lifespan.
>>
>>50001962
I think one thing that sort of annoyed me was his DnD Turtle story.

And how the Empire was "So much better" for using basically a giant hammer.

I mean what the fuck did you expect the traveling party to do guy? Spend 4 months in the village fashioning a giant turtle hammer?
>>
File: dueling shields.jpg (10KB, 267x188px) Image search: [Google]
dueling shields.jpg
10KB, 267x188px
>>50001845
There was a post IP- thing on cripple chan that wroked like that. Helped put out some of thatp that burning wreck but honestly i think it robs fourchan of it's nature.
Shit posting, impersonation, confusion all important aspects as fucking irritating as it is
>>50001850
jesus.
Those are fucking weird.
>>
>>50002024
I have seen one IRL too, they're purposesly off balance.

They are designed to make to haughty warriors look like morons.

Duels to the death are suddenly alot less fashionable when you have to look like you're trying to rape half a Chello.
>>
>>50001695

That's because youtube viewers are split into educated viewers, uneducated viewers, and people who claim to have watched the video based entirely on the title. I'm an uneducated viewer and I enjoy watching LindyBeige. I do find that sometimes his videos seem to get speculative at times, but I don't really have any knowledge to dispute him.

A good example of the third category is the people who keep saying LindyBeige believes that horses were not used in war. He made a video called something like "horses are a stupis idea", in which his only point was "can you imagine how weird it'd be to be the first person to try taming a horse?". I'll be trying the other channels suggested in this thread, but I doubt anyone else is as enjoyable to watch. Whether he's right or not, he's a good orator.
>>
>>49997621
2nd Reich Germany and 3rd Reich Germany.
>>
>>50002143
To add to that, every country in Western Europe during WW2, including Britain itself. Hitler offered Britain very favorable peace terms in 1940 but Churchill refused to take it, even though it the war was extremely unpopular.

Britain could have prevented WW2 as we know it and the Holocaust (since it was only undertaken because of the war), but they chose to fuck over Europe instead.
>>
>>50002114
Pretty much agree with your post.

Although in this thread things are quite mild. You should what's happening with Lindy threads in /his/. Just endless arguing, misquotes, and shitposting.
>>
>>49997353
wtf, that isn't denial at all. That would mean he literally accepted that it happened AND he wants to make sure we recognize every other victim as well.
>>
>>49997725
>England started the Hundred Years War when its monarchs continually tried to steal the French crown
If you knew anything about history you'd know the triggering cause was the French crown's confiscation of the extensive Angevin lands from John Lackland, which was totally illegitimate.
>>
>>49997173
Entertaining bullshit.

Also:
>>50000000
>>
>>49997621
Netherlands. You fucks supported the belgian rebellion because "muh freedom"
>>
>>50000505
>America actually wanted to keep slaves alive and didn't have a failing empire to keep afloat

Setting up import barriers so that you can keep selling the children of your slaves at relatively high prices and deepen the economic integration between North and South is morally upright and means that you Dindu Nuff, yes.
>>
>>49997621
Russian Empire.
>>
>>50001145
>Then again i want to see home alone, castle siege edition.

There's a japanese video game series about that called "Traped", I think, but you can also play Dungeon Keeper.
>>
>>50001850
>See: Dueling shields or TRY AND BEAT YOUR WIFE WHILE YOU INNA HOLE.

This is gonna be hard on you, but those people were catholics. They aren't Protestants, so they recognized that a dude's a lot stronger than his wife and that this strength would actually mean that their duel wasn't one of equals. As that inequality would hinder god manifesting his judgement through them, they took steps to adress that by placing the dude in a hole.
>>
>>50002328
>Britain could have prevented WW2 as we know it and the Holocaust (since it was only undertaken because of the war)

The Slavs would still be holocausted and the Jews would be gassed too after it turned out that re-settling them to completely self-sufficient colonies within continental Europe didn't work.
>>
>>50000261
Yahtzees let's drown out series was great tho
>>
>>50002114

>A good example of the third category is the people who keep saying LindyBeige believes that horses were not used in war. He made a video called something like "horses are a stupis idea", in which his only point was "can you imagine how weird it'd be to be the first person to try taming a horse?

That's not really true, given how he goes into the impact of things like saddles and stirrups, inventions literally millenia after the first domestication (not even taming) of the horse.

He says plenty of stupid shit, and I very much symapthize with the people who fall for his clickbaity titles, because he says enough dumb crap in the videos you do watch to not think it out of the ordinary that he'll say more dumb crap.
>>
>>50001542
To be fair, this is *kind of* true. What we know as "French" was mostly spoken by Parisians and the French nobility. In total it would've been spoken by somewhere between 5 and 25 percent of the French population at the eve of the Revolution, or a clear minority. In fact, the average Russian nobleman spoke better French than the average French peasant.

The Revolution (starting at the very least with Napoleon's Lycée system) and the two centuries following it were Paris colonizing its backyard, more or less.

>>50002328
>Hitler offered Britain very favorable peace terms in 1940 but Churchill refused to take it
Indeed, how foolish of Churchill. Hitler had proven himself to be such a trustworthy fellow! After all, he
>promised not to start shit after remilitarizing the Rhineland
>promised to not start shit after annexing Austria
>promised he wouldn't annex Czechoslovakia after the Munich accords
>Promised he wouldn't start even more shit after annexing Czechoslovakia
>Promised he wouldn't attack the Soviet Union after invading Poland
Certainly Hitler simply wanted peace and not close off the Western front to deal with Russia only to return for Britain or anything!

Had Hitler simply quite while he was ahead (ie. after the Polish ultimatum) he would've been remembered as a controversial yet highly politically shrewd unifier who not only undid Versailles but brought Germany out of it bigger and stronger than ever.
>>
>>49997241
I enjoyed the "historical" video where he talked about how it was impossible to draw a sword in a certain way, matched to a video of a guy recording himself drawing a sword in exactly that way. Good kek.
>>
>>49997621
France.
The Sikh Empire.
>>
>>50003584

>Had Hitler simply quite while he was ahead (ie. after the Polish ultimatum) he would've been remembered as a controversial yet highly politically shrewd unifier who not only undid Versailles but brought Germany out of it bigger and stronger than ever.

Well, unless his economy imploded and it all went down the tubes, which more than a few historians think is likely.
>>
>>50003660
I'm not saying I don't believe you, I'm just saying I'd like to see a sauce to read up on this.
>>
>>49999449
>Multiple episodes devoted to bascinets alone
This guy is good shit
>>
>>50003845

Adam Tooze's Wages of Destruction is usually considered the main work on the subject of economic instability in the Third Reich.
>>
>>50001249
>Warscythes
Oh it's THIS anon again
>>
>>50003997
Thanks m8.
>>
>>49997179
First post as always the best post
>>
>>50000261
Depends which of his series. Zero Punctuation? I don't know... awards for 2015 I guess, which was almost a year ago.
Let's Drown Out? I'm was laughing my ass till the very end.

Shame he burned out with ZP about a year ago and had to end LDO.
>>
>>49997621
Let's see...
Ireland
Belgium and Netherlands
Russian Empire, twice
Boer republics
All their conquest in Africa
Entire fucking India, starting with helping overthrown Mughals, so in the chaos after their decline took over and then proceed with kicking everyone down
Qing China, dumped with drugs to the point even contemporary Europeans considered it just evil.
Treatment of Aborigines
Brazil and rubber trade
Chile and saltpeter trade
Argentina post WW1
Czechoslovakia before WW2
All the countries sold to Soviets during WW2 (that means fucking over Czechoslovakia yet again)

Mate, the list is really, really fucking long.
>>
>>49997621
>Brits actually are in denial about the shit they've pulled in the past
>Not proud
>Just denial

There is nothing more sickening than this open denial of own fuckery.
>>
>All that idiotic bullshit about scythes
>All the crap about them in this very thread
As a Pole, I'm not sure if I should laugh or scream.

You take a peasant. You take his scythe. You order them to point the scythe's blade up. Then you use them as charge infantry against Russian gun batteries.

But then I remember how Lindybeige managed to claim sabres are just awful at cutting people, and I'm done with his bullshit.
>>
I can tell he has been reading a lot but he has zero actual military experience in the field.

He's that kind of guy who can identify any gun, plane or tank he sees but simply lacks understanding of how the army itself functions in real conditions.

Worst of all is, these people don't realize that they have this shortcoming.
>>
>>49997173
There are literally 5 good episodes of his:
The Torch quadrilogy
Metal casting

Everything else is non-researched bunch of claims at best, obnoxious bullshit at worst. And if you enjoy miniatures and war-games, then episodes about those can also be treated as good.
But worst of it all:
>Brits never, ever did anything wrong, no matter what
and his approach to "research"
>If something is true to England, then it's true to entire world
I'm looking at you, forest episode.
>>
>>50005032
It's called "being an armchair general" and is a thing since at least ancient Egypt, specifically XIX dynasty (Ramseses for those unaware).
>>
>>50005050
I would like to argue for the episode explaining crossbow operation. It was short and basically a presentation how to make a shot, but there was also so little to fuck up in it, he managed to deliver.
Not to mention it was the most idiot-friendly video showing crossbows I could find when I needed one for my players at the table
>>
>>50004989
>Lindybeige managed to claim sabres are just awful at cutting people
When did he said that?
>>
>>49997621
Ireland
Entire Indian subcontinent
Every single Boer republic. Concentration camps were British invention to sate their greed for gold. Ironic, isn't it?
Eastern and Central Europe after Yalta
Middle fucking East post WW1, fucked over for no reason at all, because there wasn't even any political, tactical or economical stake in it - they've just draw lines on the map becuase they've could
>>
He's the guy who claimed "cavalry was a bad idea", right?
Only because he figured that it was hard to use a weapon effectively from horseback and that horses were "easily frightened".
>>
>>49997585
>>Because you so often need to convert between the two?

I regularly have to convert between the two. On pretty much a daily basis. Sucks to work with materials manufactured in both the USA and Europe. And then you run into fabrics which sometimes go by the lineal yard or square yard. And stupid designers that dont; understand the difference or don't pay attention to whether the patterns repeat and if it is manufactured Metric of Imperial. Shit be wack yo.
>>
>>50005134
In an episode about sabres? One of his earliest episodes. He called sabres unvieldy and generally bad at combat, openly declaring them useless in cavalry fight.
As a Pole I wasn't sure if this is trolling or just genuine idiocy.

But then again, he lately made an episode declaring entire concept of cavalry other than lance-totting armoured knights as useless, so yeah, the guy is a classic Brit who has no fucking clue about anything related with cavalry.
>>
>>50005196
It was worse than that.
He not claimed all cavalry was useless and bad idea. He claimed that about any other cavalry than heavy-armoured charge cavalry.
Meaning the only cavalry that ever was good were late medieval knights, aka the guys who were routinely beaten by a mob capable of holding a line with pointy sticks.
>>
>le metric vs imperial discussion

Guys, there is no imperial "system". It's just a custom skin for the metric system. Or SI system rather. Everything is metric, there is nothing else.

And the "ease of use" has nothing do to with body parts or decimals. It's all about the benefits that a standardized system brought, which it brought because it was standardized.
>>
>>50005196
>>50005221
>>50005248
Why Britbongs are so bad at cavalry? I mean I get it, they weren't really good or big on land troops and horses are problematic if you are a relatively small island, but come on! Not fielding your own doesn't mean rest of the world didn't. Just like being a failure with using one doesn't mean the rest of the world was as inept.
>>
>>50005275
Wait... he did an episode about imperial vs metric?
How bad was it?
>>
>>50005248
>aka the guys who were routinely beaten by a mob capable of holding a line with pointy sticks
>Routinely
No, and even then not until the late middle ages. The Middle Ages were the age of chivalry because knights wrecked faces. Their defeats are so well-known precisely because they were so exceptional. You rarely hear about all the battles where they trampled peasants holding pointy sticks into the dirt because that was the norm at the time. Kind of like how everyone knows about Teutoburg but rarely anyone can name a single battle in which the Romans mopped the floor with the Germanics. Because most people are more interested in the exceptional than the routine.

>He not claimed all cavalry was useless and bad idea. He claimed that about any other cavalry than heavy-armoured charge cavalry.
To be fair, his title was sheer clickbait. Don't make a vidoe called "cavalry is useless" when you mean "cavalry was useless until it stopped being useless". I could just as easily make a "tanks are useless" video then.
>>
>>50005248

Exactly what this post is on about >>50005032

He cannot grasp the concept of superior mobility and what that means tactically, operationally and strategically.

Even a newborn child should know enough about history to realize that lindybeige's thoughts on cavalry must be wrong. lindybeige should have thought to himself:
"hmm, my thinking about cavalry makes a lot of sense to ME, but it clashes with the realities of thousands of years of human history, my thinking is obviously flawed somehow"
>>
>>50005300
>Wait... he did an episode about imperial vs metric?
Nah, a blogpost.
http://www.lloydianaspects.co.uk/opinion/imperial.html
It's pretty bad.
>>
>>50005196
>>50005221
>>50005248

The fuck are you talking about?

He said that shock cavalry, when the domestication of horses was at the early stages, was a bad idea.

You're either deliberately putting words in his mouth or never watched that video.
>>
>>50005352
>I have no clue what late medieval is
>I will talk some crap about Early and High period instead
Flawless
>>
>>50005290
>Small island country
You tell me, anon.
>>
>>50004908
>Belgium and Netherlands
If it wasn't for our protection they'd have either been annexed by France or Germany. We went into WW1 for fucking Belgium.

>Russian Empire
The very definition of 'had it coming'. You want to play the empire game, don't whine when you go up against someone better and go home with a bloody nose.

>Boer republics
I'm sorry? Did we steal all that land that YOU HAD ONLY JUST STOLEN FROM ACTUAL AFRICANS

>All their conquest in Africa
which was far and away the best thing that ever happened to Africa

>Entire fucking India, starting with helping overthrown Mughals, so in the chaos after their decline took over and then proceed with kicking everyone down
The Mughal Empire was already well on its way to collapsing by the time the British showed up. Afghan raids had devastated the north and plenty of princes were starting to carve out their own petty empires. With the british the subcontinent got unification for the first time in its history, and a hundred years of peace. Without the British it would have ended up like post-Roman Europe, and bunch of small kingdoms engaged in incessant internecine warfare with each other.

>Qing China, dumped with drugs to the point even contemporary Europeans considered it just evil.
see Russia. Also, serves them right for getting us hooked to caffeine, which whatever fucking coffeefags say is addictive as shit. (the whole reason we resorted to selling opium in the first place was to pay for our tea fix. not even kidding - we were more addicted to tea than opium).

>Treatment of Aborigines
I'd say it was a fair trade for 40000 years worth of advancement in a couple of decades.

>Brazil and rubber trade
we were the ones who pressured the Brazilians to end slavery. Although why we're supposed to be responsible for how Brasil treats its rubber workers is beyond me.
>>
>>50005378
Are you implying heavy cavalry wasn't instrumental in the late middle ages?
>>
>>50005373
Or, if you managed to watch it till the end, learn that it goes like this:
"Early cavarlry was shit, then it stopped being shit, then it suddenly was shit again, even loooong before it actually became shit historically, because I'm Lindybeige and that's what I think about it".
True, first 10 minutes were about how early cavalry was just stupid.
But the rest of the video was how any cavalry past Latin knights was as bad.
>>
>>50005391
>I'd say it was a fair trade for 40000 years worth of advancement in a couple of decades.
I'm the first one to cry bullshit at the "evil colonialism" narrative, but now you're just being fucking retarded. What justifies an entire fucking genocide? Damn near extermination of a people isn't suddenly made right because the handful of survivors get penicilin. This is "my country is right because it's my country" rhetoric.

>we were the ones who pressured the Brazilians to end slavery.
An acknowledgement that slavery is wrong, yet somehow not wrong enough to be on the same scale as genocide.

Seriously, you're retarded. Either retarded or hypernationalistic, maybe both.
>>
>>50005373

>He said that shock cavalry, when the domestication of horses was at the early stages, was a bad idea.

No, he doesn't. He really does go on about all cavalry, despite his objections only making sense about shock cavalry, he never distinguishes the two, never mentions things like mounted scouting, or mounted archery, or just the good old fashioned "running down people who are fleeing".
>>
>>50005391
>we were the ones who pressured the Brazilians to end slavery. Although why we're supposed to be responsible for how Brasil treats its rubber workers is beyond me.
You stole seeds for rubber trees, planted them in Malaysia and in the process achieved two things:
- fucked over Brazilian economy
- fucked over Malayisian economy
But hey, let's talk some crap about slavery, right? And how it was all thanks to Britain.

I won't even comment on the rest, because this is just pure denial, but the Brazilian one really catches attention with how you don't even know what's the accusation, but trying to defend against it anyway.
Fucking Britbongs

Also, nice cherry-picking, completely skipping Ireland and shit done to own fucking allies in Yalta. Which still leaves us with far more than 2 countries Brits fucked over just because, even with your high denial
>>
>>49997357
You are absolutely right.
>>
>>50005462
When talking about cavalry he is talking about horsemen charging towards the enemies, he never said that scouting cavalry was useless.
>>
File: it was real in my mind.jpg (179KB, 710x644px) Image search: [Google]
it was real in my mind.jpg
179KB, 710x644px
>>49997333
>impyling
>>
>>50005510
>t. a britbong
>>
>>49999975
t. captain picard
>>
>>50005532
>he never said that scouting cavalry was useless
because to him no such thing ever existed
>>
File: 1410269058378.png (14KB, 558x562px) Image search: [Google]
1410269058378.png
14KB, 558x562px
>>50005497
>You stole seeds for rubber trees
Not him, but so did the French. And pretty much anyone else involved in the colonialism business.

Hell, the French probably fucked the Brazillians over harder than the British in this regard. Thanks to their rubber plantations in 'Nam, they became the world's leading rubber producing country. Ahead of Brazil. You can't (exclusively) pin this on the British.
>>
>>50005532
It's about how he worded the entire video. It's not just click-bait title of it. It's the actual content. He makes it pretty clear that the only cavalry that is useful is charge one, with proper weapons, arms and saddles. The moment any of those elements is removed, he declares cavalry useless.
Which can be pretty much summed in "Brits are yet again projecting their own failures on entire planet".
>>
>>50004908
>Argentina post WW1
argentina profited hugely from its economic relationship with Britain during the world wars. They accepted Britain's trade terms in the 1930s because they knew that in the long term it was more important to preserve that relationship than ditch it for short term gain. Which given how much they made war profiteering off us in WW2 was a smart move. Also, it was the US that staged a fucking coup, why is Britain the one getting shit?

>Czechoslovakia before WW2
this is generally downplayed in the history books because of what Germany did next, but the Czechs were abusive to their German minority. It's not like we helped Germany invade - all we did was not declare war on Germany. The united states, Russia, every other world power did the exact same fucking thing, and yet for some reason Britain has to take the blame.

>All the countries sold to Soviets during WW2 (that means fucking over Czechoslovakia yet again)
Oh, well, on behalf of all Britain's I can only apologise for the fact that we accepted the de-facto fucking reality at the end of the war - i.e that the red army controlled eastern Europe. Clearly, after six years fighting WW2 (as opposed to four years for the US and USSR who, let's not forget, waited to be attacked by the axis rather than do the right thing of their own accord like Britain) if we had any honour at all we would have immediately thrown what remained of our forces at the communists. Never mind the fact that we were bankrupt and our cities were mostly smouldering rubble, clearly it was our responsibility to preserve the freedom of eastern Europe.
>>
>>50005568
>O-others did it too!
Yeah, totally... by buying from British plantations in Malayisia a decade later.

Also, don't want to break it for you, but Malays were and still are biggest rubber producer. Back in the colonial times, French were desperately trying to outproduce them... and never managed to do so.
So at least get your facts right... oh, I forgot. You don't have them. just "it wasn't us" bullshit
>>
>>50005576
You're just talking out of your arse.
>>
>>50005532

>When talking about cavalry he is talking about horsemen charging towards the enemies,

Which could be all well and good, but he NEVER says that. He keeps talking about "Riding a horse into battle".

And quite honestly, making that assumption is retarded. Someone who goes into where the first saddles came around obviously did at least a little research, and would know that the first battle cavalrymen were horse archers, where most of his objections are simply meaningless.

> he never said that scouting cavalry was useless.

No, just that for the majority of the time the horse has been domesticated, riding one into battle was a bad idea. (Which is hilariously wrong anyway, as he cannot seem to into dates)
>>
>>50005616
I think you meant to reply to >>50005532

or just to lindy
>>
>>50005606
>This level of denial
You know what I like Germans and Belgians?
They are perfectly capable of saying they've fucked up and aware of it. They don't try to pretend they didn't fuck things up, like Brits or French do. Hell, even Frech at least admit they've fucked up with colonialism big time.

But Britbongs simply deny the fact their country continously fucked this entire planet over and over and over for giggles and misguided national profit, which usually bakcfired in their faces anyway.
>>
>>50005684
*like about
>>
>A Brit talking about history
Thanks, I'll pass
>>
>>49997173
Fucking weird. And he's way too hyperactive to be professional.
>>
>>50005606
>and yet for some reason Britain has to take the blame.
Dunno, maybe because it was your prime minister saying something about "small country we don't even know much about" and "buying peace for his generation", by selling a sovereign country like a fucking car seller?
>>
>>50005606
>B-but others we-were bad too!
Why don't you all just stick to your fucking island and stop meddle into world affairs?
Nobody likes you anyway. And for a good reason.
>>
>>50005444
>What justifies an entire fucking genocide?
What genocide? The only australian aboroginies who could have been said to have been genocided were the tasmanians, and there were only a few thousand of them to start off with, and it was hardly British policy. It was just a question of escaped convicts and smallpox. Even then, there are still tens of thousands of half-blooded natives around today

There was far less violence in the colonisation of Australia than there was in the colonisation of the Americas. Most aborigines were too remote, and the white settlers too scattered. There was violence, and massacres, but nothing that could constitute a full out genocide unless you count a few dozen casualties from one particularly tiny tribe a genocide.

The population of aboriginal australians is greater today than it was before EUropean contact. And they have all the benefits of modern living to go with it.

>>50005497
I'm sorry if I can't keep track of South America's list of grievances against the British. (the Brasilians still do bitch about British 'interference' in their affairs in the 19th century, i.e. making them abolish slavery).

also, so the basic foundation of the complaint is that Britain had the gall to start growing its own rubber?

> completely skipping Ireland
oh believe me, I will get to ireland

also, I'm not >>49997621
>>
>>50005818
>What genocide
Get out

No, really, just get out
>>
>>49997173
His videos are tiring to watch because he never, for a moment, considers he could ever be wrong about anything he talks about. It's exhausting and I can't stand people like that.
>>
He can do some really interesting videos with ideas I've never heard before. While not always consistent in quality, there's some decent stuff. The stuff where he's showing off historical stuff and places that he's been to are much better than the rest.
>>
>>50005818
>And they have all the benefits of modern living to go with it.
Funny, because till mid-60, they weren't even considered human. By fucking law. And said law was put in place by - you've guessed it - British.

Shouldn't you return to /pol/ already? Denying human genocide is one of those things that are allowed only there on 4chan.
>>
>>50005624
He also mentioned other uses like messengers and chariots, but yeah he seems to have completely forgot about horse archers.
>>
File: uOfqsiD.png (63KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
uOfqsiD.png
63KB, 625x626px
>>50005836
>>50005863
Why are you even replying to him? Just let him wind out and don't reply. He's literally posting for attention
>>
>>50005684
>>50005762
I notice that you didn't actually find a factual flaw in my argument.

>>50005746
the Czechs ASKED us to get involved to save them. And because we didn't tell them to fuck off there and then and tried to negotiate with Germany to save the non-German part of Czechoslovakia, it's all our fault? Fuck off. We didn't sell anything. We gave Germany nothing they couldn't have taken anyway, and at least tried to save part of Czechoslovakia, which is more than anyone else did. Our only crime was that we weren't prepared to declare war over it, JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.
>>
>>50005368
>http://www.lloydianaspects.co.uk/opinion/imperial.html
>Lloydian Aspects
So help me
>>
>>50005864
He did an episodes about them about two years ago. Declared them mostly a meme. BUT suprisignly he made few really good points. Thing is - he completely ignored the possibility of entire army consisting of horse archers and not just small detatchment.
>>
>>49997173
I enjoy the sound of his voice and find his video's entertaining. Seems like an intelligent person, but I'm not going to fact check him to see if everything he said is wrong.
>>
>>50005901
>We did nothing wrong
Keep going, Denial Boy. It's getting better and better with each post.
Why don't you just say already something in tune of "Hitler did nothing wrong" and we could be done with you?
>>
>>50003034
> is morally upright
never said it was, but it's better than whipping them to death over the course of 5-10 years and torturing them as you see fit.
The Spanish and the Portuguese according to west indies education were the worst.
noticeably for working the indigenous populations of Jamaica, south American and the west indies to death and then grabbing Africans to replace them.
If you've seen a map of slave transactions the majority of ships went to Spanish/Portuguese settlements and was one of the reasons england started using abolition and the west African anti slavery squadron as a stick to beat the Spanish with
> means that you Dindu Nuff.
nigga my family is Jamaican
And the only American i have in me is the bit of Boston my great grandfather lived in briefly
I literally dindu nuffin.
I just don't like americans whipping themselves when they could be whipping the piss out of Spain.
fuck Spain.
>>
>>50005911
I'm not British so I might be missing something, but what's so bad about that name?
>>
>>50005938
Most of what he says about military in historical context is utter crap if you spent roughtly 5 minutes to do most basic research on the subject he talks about.
His videos about historical sites, Hollywood history and how film-makers fuck things up are pretty decent thou.

So it really depends from video to video. And yeah, his voice is actually pretty good, unless he starts to get agitated too much.
>>
>>50002328
>the Holocaust (since it was only undertaken because of the war)
This is more retarded than Lloyd
Congratulations, you did it Anon
>>
>>49997195
>salt
Don't get him started on salt
>>
File: i would prefer not to.png (134KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
i would prefer not to.png
134KB, 500x281px
>>50003332
>hours of a lets play dubbed over with him shooting the shit.
I don't see the appeal, he's not funny in ZP, which is his "professional" comedic vehicle, why would he be funny when he isn't trying his hardest, with a script and shit?
>>
>>50005836
explain to me what part of Britain's colonisation of Australia was the genocide part.

>>50005898
>I can't refute his arguments, so I'll just pretend I've won by calling him a troll.

>>50005863
>Funny, because till mid-60, they weren't even considered human. By fucking law
really? Because they could vote in state elections in the 19th century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voting_rights_of_Indigenous_Australians

jesus, where do you people get your bullshit from?
>>
>>50005946
still not an actual argument
>>
>>50005990
>Implying it would be possible to perform continental-wide genocide on specific ethnic group without conquering related countries before
Yes, everyone would be soooo fucking willing to send millions of tax-payers to death, because they've happend to be Jewish.
>>
>>50006039
Here is your (you)
>>
File: frenchie.png (105KB, 500x444px) Image search: [Google]
frenchie.png
105KB, 500x444px
>>50003634
>France
>not deserving it
>ever
also germany over the years has done more to fuck franc than England ever has.
Between the Iron chancellor, conflicts with the HRE. The butt fuckings they got post napoleon.

>The Sikh Empire.
That's debatable.
>>
His opinions on the whole spear business were ratherly poorly done. A lot of sweeping assumptions and claims. I really do not like people who will dismiss period illustrative evidence that clearly depicts something in favor of a subjective opinion.

"The pottery no more accurately depicts hoplite warfare than Rambo or an action movie depicts US military tactics" is based off nothing more than a subjective feel. By comparison the Storm of Spears authors actually did investigations and scrutiny to prove the vases are not depicting spears - they are depicting javelins.

He's no Ahoy or Primitive Technology by any stretch of the imagination. Much too editorialized.

>>49997282

You normally don't encounter native British nationalists but holy shit. The one I encountered, who is a friend and I respect her on most things but jesus christ we had a huge fight when she tried to pin the blame on the Libyan intervention on the USA. In the face of literally the UK's own parliamentary report cited down to the page number and paragraph stipulating they themselves recognized Sarkozy and then Cameron as the primary proponents and creators of the Libyan intervention strategy.

>>49997493

If you keep non-combatant prisoners and are unable to feed for and provide for them then you're responsible for their fate.

>>49997554

Not to apologize for the dixie but to be an apologist for Dixie I believe the union had their own POW concentration camp with similar fate. http://articles.latimes.com/1989-07-16/news/mn-5763_1_civil-war-prison-camp
>>
>>50005864

He does, but he doesn't consider them cavalry; the messenger one is especially bad, as he doesn't provide even a glimmer of a reason as to why they wouldn't, whereas his idea of pulling vs riding makes sense to distinguish chariotry from cavalry.
>>
>>50006076
here's your (you actually have to prove me wrong in order to act like you've won.)

acting like I'm just a troll to save face is so pathetic i don't know why you'd even try it
>>
>>50006027
>explain to me what part of Britain's colonisation of Australia was the genocide part.
Tasmania, but shit was going on all over.
>>
>>50004989
>pointed warcythes
wasn't the point of that video about the dueling with scythes or the use of unmodified scythes not your shite billhook
>>
File: tastes good.jpg (17KB, 167x316px) Image search: [Google]
tastes good.jpg
17KB, 167x316px
>>50006082
>He's no Ahoy or Primitive Technology by any stretch of the imagination
you have good taste anon.
>>
>>50006118
>Anonymous internet board
>Giving a fuck about winning arguments
>Or arguments at all
You must be really new here with your extra sharp edge
>>
>>50006118
>you actually have to prove me wrong
b-b-but others did it too! is not a credible defense, and that's all your rebuttal ever amounted to. you fucked yourself buddy.
>>
File: 1452991319967.gif (99KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
1452991319967.gif
99KB, 501x585px
>>49997333
>>49997353
>>>/pol/ is that way kikeboi
>>
>>50006047
>Yes, everyone would be soooo fucking willing to send millions of tax-payers to death, because they've happend to be Jewish.
Yes, that's... pretty much literally exactly what Nazism means, what kind of mong are you?
>>
>>50006167
Not sure if you've missed the point about bunch of different, non-Nazi countries that first had to be conquered to meddle with their population, but hey, chances are, you are just /pol/
>>
>>50006082
>she tried to pin the blame on the Libyan intervention on the USA.
That's not really British nationalism. There's a certain sort of person who thinks the CIA is behind everything.

>>49997493
>>49997410
The Boer 'concentration camps' were a combination of poor planning and Boer attacks on British supply lines. Firstly, let's just make clear that it wasn't done to punish the Boer people or an act of deliberate ethnic cleansing. It was military necessary because the Boers primarily fought as guerillas, supported by the local population. The idea was to literally 'concentrate' the civilians in one place, as opposed to spread out over thousands of miles of wilderness, so the British could keep an eye on them.

Unfortunately, it turns out it's kind of hard to build suitable accomodation for tens of thousands of people, in Africa, in the middle of a war. The British commanders tasked with building the camps did their best, but with the resources on hand they couldn't make buildings that offered proper protection against the elements, and the Boer guerillas attacked food shipments routinely. Most of the internees didn't actually starve - the British did try to keep them fed, on reduced rations. But the biggest danger from hunger is that it weakens the immune system. The combination of hunger and exposure to the elements meant that it was easy for typhoid and flu epidemics to sweep through the camps; these account for the vast majority of the Boer civilian deaths.
>>
>>50006191
>chances are, you are just /pol/
>for objecting to the claim that the Holocaust was Britain's fault for entering the war instead of just letting Germany keep all of conquered Europe
Okay it seems I'm dealing with a literal glue huffer here, I'm out
>>
>>49997173
Alright most of the time, seems to have moments where he take a weird view on things. Like he made a video about the mg42 and the bren gun and pretty much all of his info came from war memoirs which made it inaccurate in regards to the mg42 because of the lack of experience the british troops had with it.
>>
>>50006135

mentioned Tasmania here
>>50005818

and as I also said, there were massacres when one group of isolated bushmen set upon one group of aboriginals. But massacres of a few dozen people at a time do not a genocide make. Most of the violence was tit-for-tat retaliatory strikes. White man catches aboriginal trying to steal his pig, shoots him. Aboriginal's tribe ambushes two other white men on the road. Local posse forms and goes and murders a bunch of the tribe.

There was never the big, government organised clearances of thousands of natives that you saw in the US - aboriginal groups were just too small and too spread out for that to work, or be needed. There's nothing in Australia's history that could be called a genocide in the same way that the holocaust or the armenian genocide are.

As often happened, disease usually cleared out aboriginals from an area much faster than whites could kill them.
>>
>>50006381
>There was never the big, government organised clearances of thousands of natives that you saw in the US
Read up on the Killing Times in the Kimberley Region.

State sponsored murder and forced removal of Aboriginals. Literally a text book example of US style policy for Indigenous removal.
>>
>>49997264
except that he's right in the context of what he's talking about. Modern Chinese dictionary are organised phonetically because they all use pinyin for the word - character section (obviously character - word is still organised by radical). But a pure chinese dictionary - one that has no Roman characters - works in the way he says, by category (or by rime). That's how things were done before European contact. Given that he's tying to point out how useful the Roman alphabet is, he's completely on point.
>>
File: russian flail and axe.jpg (190KB, 1024x499px) Image search: [Google]
russian flail and axe.jpg
190KB, 1024x499px
>>49997173
I often find myself questioning if what he's saying is actually right after his video is done.

Take his video on flails. He seems to think that the one-handed variety was something made up in the Victorian period, but there seems to be evidence that they did exist, that he could've pulled up with a simple google search and 'oh here's a flail.'
>>
>>50006658
These could have been attached to the end of a staff in order to work like a polarm
>>
>>50006709
How are you going to control the ball effectively when it's six feet away from you?
>>
File: 1457623389782.jpg (99KB, 625x390px) Image search: [Google]
1457623389782.jpg
99KB, 625x390px
>>49997282
>implying this is incorrect
>>
>>50006561
the violence in the kimberly didn't usually kill more than a dozen or two people at a time; at most a hundred to two hundred. In the US they would round up tens of thousands of Native Americans in one go, thousands of whom would die. The Australians didn't wipe out the aboriginal peoples in the Kimberley either - they were forced off selected parts to make room for farms, but the government didn't remove them from the area entirely. Whereas in the US the government emptied practically all of the eastern half of the US of natives.
>>
>There are people who think Colonialism and Imperialism was bad
Westernize or die
>>
>>50007487
Not only are you goal post shifting on the part of the crimes committed by the Australian government against the Aboriginal community, you have a very special idea about the process of Native American genocide and oppression.

Genocide isn't just a numbers game, its about destruction of ethnic identity as much as its about murder. Killing a tribe of five is as much an act of genocide as killing a nation of twenty thousand, and herding the survivors into designated living zones where their cultural identity is deliberately, systematically crushed, is also a factor in genocide.
>>
What's all the fuss about? He seems to get his historical weapons stuff right 90% of the time, and i cant remember any stupidly wrong things off the top of my head. Maybe his history stuff is wrong, but i havent seen it. Can someone point out the stuff that he actually got wrong in weapons/tactics videos?
>>
>>49999171
>>50000881

To be fair to him on the Zama thing that wasn't the title:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Slpje6L_DM

> Battle of Zama - did it actually happen?

Which is clickbaity as fuck, but the video is "yes, it happened".

>>50000881

And yeah, that was bullshit. Just because people in a cloth shirt who have never trained for it don't wait around for a bayonet charge doesn't mean that the basic 'big block of bastards with very pointy sticks" formations so many people in the ancient world used never actually closed with each other.
>>
>>49999619
You mean Roma , not Romanian. The latter were a part of the axis and did ghastly things on the former, too ghastly and perverse to mention.
>>
>>50006987
>Thinking mass genocide all across the world is ok, as long as you pretend some bullshit in tune of bringing civilisation
/pol/, the doors are out there
>>
>>50006263
>let's just make clear that it wasn't done to punish the Boer people
>Civilians locked in camps few hundred kilometers away from their countries
>No facilities other than housing
>No medical care provided
>The camps all by chance happend to be in the only cold place in entire region
>Done solely so the enemy is no longer willing to fight, since their families are taken hostage

Here is a clue - that's one of the most barbaric ways of dealing with irregular warfare. And there is a reason why it's no longer used.
Besides, here is a deal - if you take non-combatants as POIWs, you MUST provide for them, no matter what. And you must do so BEFORE supplying your own fucking troops.

Maybe it never occured to you, but British signed Geneva convention. And the next convention from 1906 was directly created because of all the shit Britbongs did to Boers. Ring you a fucking bell?
Besides, this even goes beyond the classic "but those are primitives" all the colonial forces were pulling - that was a war of aggression pulled on sovereign states that had full international recognition.
You think why Germans liked so much to mock British POWs during WW2, when they were constantly asking for better conditions?
>>
>>50006263
I hope you know what "whitewashing" means.
Because that's what you are doing. You are trying to justify truly evil shit and in the same time blame the other fucking side.

Serioously, what is this shit? "She was asking for this" about rape victims is exactly the same fucking logic.
>>
>>49997621
Danemark.
t. Let just destroy their fleet without warning while at peace.
>>
I like his historical videos. They aren't perfect but he knows more than me and he is more entertaining than other people who make similar videos.

His gaming videos are 50/50. He will criticize some system in DnD and it will be a valid criticism, then offer an alternative system that is far clunkier.

His political videos are shit. He looks at issues from a very basic and limited point of view.
>>
>>50010457
>pretending rape victims aren't often asking for it
>>
>>50010610
>Look at me, I'm so edgy
And this is why /pol/ is just like furries
>>
>>50010564
His historical videos, unless gushing about tanks and minor technicalities (like the series about torches, which was really good), are utter shit and/or entirely based on what Britbong might know about Britain, but makes zero sense outside Isles.
Biggest example was his episode about woods and forest industry in the past. Forget all the half-witted military episodes, this was the shit when it comes to failures. The episode was just pure cringe for anyone who just happen to live outside Britain, while he was declaring his words valid for entire Europe.
>>
>>49997173
There is but a handful of episodes that aren't unresearched, biased bullshit.
Everything else is pure shit.
Also, he is apparently completely unaware how fucking nationalistic he is.

His dance videos on the other hand are great.
>>
File: IMG-20160929-WA0004.jpg (153KB, 1280x827px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160929-WA0004.jpg
153KB, 1280x827px
His version of "Aliens"
>>
>>49997173
> role-playing game reviewers
> providing useful information what so ever

Role playing games are just too subjective for comparisons to have any purpose. Everyone's got they own play style, group dynamic and personal interpretation of the rules and what should be considered 'common-sense'
>>
> nationalistic as fuck
> opinionated and condescending
>Act like he's an expert in everything
> 'Muh historical accuracy'
>Hates the French with a passion

He's the /k/ of Britain.
>>
People shitposting
>go back to /pol/
whenever anything vaguely historical or political comes up is pure cancer. You don't get posters replying
>go back to /k/
when the merits of rapiers over katanas are debated. It's so fucking boring and repetitive. I'm not even some butthurt /pol/ack. I never go there.
>>
>>50010703
Hey, anon, here is a clue - if anything vaguely political comes up, it's usually retarded /pol/ content, so go fucking figure. Like pretending genocide didn't happen or rape is fun. That's how you land in /pol/, you dumb fuck
>>
>>50010721
The rape thing was just general 4chan edginess.
>>
>>49997179
this
>>
>>50010666
>His dance videos
>are great
Okay, Satan.

He's technically proficient but he's such a weird looking fuck that he still looks ridiculous when he moves
>>
>>50010721
>rape victims are often asking for it
>that means rape is fun
No, it means tons of women like to tease the fuck out of men and/or have no concept of personal safety, and it's frankly baffling that it doesn't come back to bite them in the ass more often. What's wrong with you?
>>
>>50010775
Ever heard about Poe's Law? Or how certain "jokes" aren't funny?
This is the case for both.
>>
>>50010825
That's exactly why they are great. He's a decent dancer, but because it's a motherfucking Lindybeige dancing, it's unintentionally funny... and yet still professional.
To elaborate - it's funny because it's him dancing, not because he's bad at it.
>>
>>50010833
Yes, because all men are mindless animals that just can't control their urges and we are all cavemen.
What's wrong with YOU?
>>
>>50011051
Why did that one post upset you so much anon?
Are you that thin skin that someone's green text can make you cry so much?
>>
>>50011069
Yeah, let's totally forget that most rape happens between people that knew one another and all...
>>
>>49999261
Again, clearly never had take a physics class in his life.
>>
>>50001929
Incorrect. This is how you lose Mars landers.
>>
>>50007891
>five deaths is a genocide
yeah, I think you're the one shifting the goalposts on what the term 'genocide' means.
>>
>>50011091
>Making fun of rape
>Why does it upset you
Dunno. Maybe becuase there are some things that simply aren't funny by default, unless there is something seriously wrong with you?
One day you will - hopefully - realise that.
>>
>>50010432
>And the next convention from 1906 was directly created because of all the shit Britbongs did to Boers.
completely made up. The 1906 convention mostly dealt with rules regarding naval engagements, in response to the Russo-Japanese war of 1905

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Geneva_Convention

Do you know what the common method for dealing with partisans was at the time? The occupying army would round up local civilians and execute them, outright, in retaliation for any attacks. That's what the Germans did in Belgium in response to guerrillas at the beginning of WW1. At least the British /tried/ to improvise a non-violent solution to the problem.
>>
>>50011489
>You just made that up!
>Proceeds with completely made up bullshit himself
Ebin

Two idiots arguing. Still, I will stand for the other guy, simply because you are defending Brits, a nation of dishonest cheats and brutal profiteers.
>>
>>50011498
>Proceeds with completely made up bullshit himself
It's a matter of historical record how the Germans punished the civilian population in Belgium in response to historical attacks. And the Americans in the Philippines, and the Russian Empire in poland, and the Ottomans in the Balkans, and so on and so on.

And I gave you the link to the 1906 geneva convention

so what part of what I said is untrue?

>Still, I will stand for the other guy, simply because you are defending Brits, a nation of dishonest cheats and brutal profiteers.
So you're clearly not biased at all then

This is what decades of anti-British propaganda coming from Hollywood does. Everyone takes the 'fact' that Britain is evil so much for granted that it amazes them when a Brit actually tries to stand up for their country for once.
>>
>>50011298
>Cherry-picking this hard
Let me guess - true-born, English Brit from East of England, isn't it?
>>
>>50011562
>anti-British propaganda coming from Hollywood doe
How about FUCKING TEXTBOOK, YOU FUCKING MONGLOID?!
Have it EVER occured to you that all the countries fucked over by Brits over the centuries might be a little bit angry about that?

But hey, it's all just propaganda! You totally didn't sell central Europe in Yalta. You totally din't trot Boers. You totally didn't piss of everyone and their dog in Asia. You totally didn't turn Middle East into a clusterfuck it's ever since Ottoman Empire collapsed with bunch of lines drawn on the map just because.
That's all propaganda, sure!

This attitude is precisely the reason why people are sick of modern Brits, just like they were sick of you in the past for the shit you did back then.
>>
>>50011069
>all men
What? No, it's more like you've got a revolver with three thousand empty chambers and one live round, but you insist on pulling the trigger over and over and over anyway. If you get your head blown off eventually the only real surprise is it didn't happen faster, that's all.
>>
>>49997173
I don't like him because he is black
>>
>>50011562
>Standing for their country
Thing is - that's all Brits ever do. Standing for their country. Everyone else can burn, as far as average Brit is concerned. And that's usually how it ends.
Just recall recent issues about EU and Brexit. Brits literally put entire Union in danger, by putting their interests above everything else and completely ignoring the fallout it might create outside their country, because that's just not their problem if it's not concerning them directly.

This short-sightness is just amazing for people who once managed to conquer half of the planet one way or another... but then again, you lost it directly because of said short-sightness.
>>
>>50011594
So let me get this straight - it's victim's fault the culprit was insane?

Because that's what your post just argues for.
>>
>>49997681
>>49997656

>>50001626
Yeah, they got their shit packed in, hence the lack of Celtic influences in the North-East and more Anglo/Saxon/Norse/Germanic that remained longer there than in most of the UK, especially the Norse/Germanic.

They also relied on the rest of the world to save them from Nazism, daily reminder that they were completely indifferent to the genocide of nations and should be condemned for it. Ireland was Neutral in WW2.
>>
>>50011618
Christ, what a fag.

No, it's the victim's fault the victim constantly exposes him- or herself to a danger despite professing to be deathly afraid of it. This is the same exact principle everyone including you applies no problem to any number of other scenarios, like "what neighborhoods to walk through in the dark while waving a fat billfold around", or "whether to wave a fat billfold around at all".
>>
>>50011591
>You totally didn't sell central Europe in Yalta.
no, we didn't. see >>50005606

>You totally din't trot Boers.
we treated the Boers a hell of a lot better when we took the transvaal from the than the Boers treated the natives they took the traansvaal from in the first place.

>You totally didn't turn Middle East into a clusterfuck it's ever since Ottoman Empire collapsed with bunch of lines drawn on the map just because.
this 'random lines on a map' meme really has to die. The borders drawn at the end of WW1 in the middle east reflected geographic and ethnic differences that long predated the British, as well as the political situation among the locals at the end of the war. Jordan was separated from saudi arabia because the al-saud family failed to complete their conquest of the Hashemite clan. The same goes for the other independent states on the pennisula - these weren't ordained by the British, it was simply the Saudi failure to convince other arab tribal leaders of the merits of their 'pan-arab' state.

Mesopotamia (i.e. Iraq) has always been a commonly recognised entity, likewise Syria. Lebanon was created to better reflect the ethno-religious divisions of the region.

were there some problems? Of course - because there is NO WAY to actually draw borders in the middle east without pissing someone off. But this idea that the British just completely arbitrarily drew lines on a map that bore no relation to how the middle east actually is is just complete bullshit.

>>50011606
ah, now i get it - this is all coming from butthurt euros who are pissed we didn't want to be part of their club.
>>
>>50011739
>If woman doesn't wear burka, she is asking for getting raped
t. mudslime
>>
>>50011757
>We didn't
>And even when we did
>It doesn't count
>Who cares, hail Brittania!
And then Brits claim it's all propaganda's fault
>>
>>50011757
I wonder - are you just trolling, or seriously believe in what you write? Because there is this really scary possibility it's the latter.
>>
>>50011999
>>50012016
again, not a single factual correction
>>
>>50003611
Link?
>>
>>49997328
Which one was that? He has a half dozen flail videos.
>>
>>50012170
"We never did nothing wrong" isn't an argument, so why should anyone bother to correct you?

Besides, are you seriously trying to win an internet argument held on anonymous imageboard?
Shouldn't you hit reddit instead?
>>
>>50012386
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-y6oirEsZA
This one.

One of the rare instances where he in fact did some research. Generally his episodes can be divided into three groups:
Presentations, which are extremely functional and good
Researched stuff about specific thing, which are good and also interesting
Non-researched bullshit and opinions, which make bulk of his videos.

So it's like a box of chocolates, where most of them were filled with laxative and now you either hit something good, or you are in deep shit.
>>
>>50012499
>"We never did nothing wrong" isn't an argument, so why should anyone bother to correct you?
It is when it comes with detailed explanations, factual support and citations.

>Besides, are you seriously trying to win an internet argument held on anonymous imageboard? Shouldn't you hit reddit instead?
and yet you replied.

face it, the reason you're trying to pretend all I'm saying is 'Britain did nothing wrong' instead of actually addressing the points I bring up is because you CAN'T answer my actual argument.
>>
>>50012539
>It is when it comes with detailed explanations, factual support and citations.
None of which you provided, so what's your point?
You literally stated your opinion and expect from people to treat them as facts.

And let me explain how it works. People don't need to face your "arguments" to tell you they are shit.
They can do just that. And no matter how much time and energy you will try to spent on refutting this and bolstering your claims, I can always come in and say "... yeah, and that's bunch of bullshit".
So keep going, the thread will stay afloat for about an hour, so you have plenty of time to desperately prove something nobody is interested at, but you keep going anyway.

Who is now desperate to reply to not look like a moron or a member of one of the most insecure nations on this planet?
Or it's just your first day on 4chan and you simply confused it with some sort of discussion panel?
>>
File: 89e.jpg (128KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
89e.jpg
128KB, 1920x1080px
>>50012539
>He seriously thinks anyone gives a fuck
Grab my (you) then
>>
>>50012581
>>50012616
>He seriously thinks anyone gives a fuck
and yet you're still replying.

>People don't need to face your "arguments" to tell you they are shit.
they do if they want to be taken seriously by other people.

Now let me tell you how it works. I'm not trying to convince you. I know you're not going to budge. But this thread isn't just me and you - there's plenty of random bystanders just browsing through. And they see me making cogent, factual arguments, and they see you coming back with absolutely nothing, and hey, they might not really care - but it leaves an impression.

So you're right, you can just keep coming back with 'that's bullshit'. But you're only digging yourself in deeper, because that's not an argument and I know it, you know it, and everyone else knows it.

And you know what else I know? You hate the fact that you're losing. You wouldn't keep replying otherwise. You can't counter my actual arguments, and you can't shout me down. All you can do is pretend losing doesn't sting, call me a newfag and pretend that makes you feel better.

and the best part is you can either shut up and let me have the last word, or reply and prove that you do really care after all.

your move
Thread posts: 360
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.