[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flames of War: Kill Hitler Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 51

File: poor wittle hitler).jpg (179KB, 300x402px) Image search: [Google]
poor wittle hitler).jpg
179KB, 300x402px
'cause MURRICA! fork year!

Flames of War SCANS database:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8ciamhs8husms
---Includes our Late War Leviathan rules!
Official Flames of War Free Briefings:
http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=108

Current /tg/ fan projects - Noob Guide &FAQ, and a Podcast
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw
Quick Guide on all present FOW Books:
http://www.wargames-romania.ro/wordpress/wargames/flames-of-war/flames-of-war-starting-player-guide-the-books/

Archive of all known Panzer Tracts PDFs: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/nyvobnlg12hoz/Panzer_Tracts

WWII Osprey's, Other Wargames, and Reference Books
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
and, for Vietnam.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War

--Guybrarian Notes:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw/edit?usp=sharing

http://www.400gb.com/u/1883935

Panzerfunk, the /fowg/ podcast.
http://panzerfunk.podbean.com/
Panzerfunk Listener Questions Form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeOBxEJbNzS_Ec7I76zQmCU9P7o0C5bAgcXriKQ4bOWBp4QkA/viewform

http://www.flamesofwar.com/Portals/0/Documents/Briefings/CariusNarva.pdf

http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=1949 the Azul Division: no longer linkable off the main page
>>
What is the most 'Murrica list I can make? I'm talking bald eagle, apple pie & baseball, ride up and punch Hitler in the dick 'Murrica.
>>
File: Devon C.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Devon C.pdf
1B, 486x500px
So, we both got our lists finalized. For some reason when I said making 2k was annoying for my list he decided to bump the points UP rather than down. Fucking ruskies don't understand the concept of "smaller is better".

Anyway, my list...
>>
File: Rus 2250.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Rus 2250.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49992091
And my opponent's. I'm not entirely sure it's legal, RB says something about them having to have the same tanks in HQ, Combat, and Weapons platoons.

Overall strategy is hide like a bitch from the aircraft (because air superiority IRL means you get no AA options in flames, not even interceptors), kill his halftrack platoons and infantry with the artillery, and then kill something else and outlast the 76s and Valentines somehow (hide in buildings or forests and force him to close within 6" to even shoot, probably)
>>
How good are hellcats and jacksons? They feel a fragile but fun when outflanking things.
>>
>>49992178
way fucking good. esp. jacksons. hellcats can move like wind though...

>>49991999
go Black Panthers. they are FV and get all kinds of rules bendy rules...

plus, lots of Black Dudes with swag and dat BBC, yo...
>>
>>49992164

Its a legal list.

But seriously insist on playing at 1500 points or something. 2250 points is way to much.
>>
>>49992543
Definitely going to pick some up, love their design. Just need to decide on which one.
>>
>>49992178
Definitely fun. You might actually need the Jacksons too, if your gaming group likes heavy tanks. New plastic kit for them, which is definitely a plus.
>>
>>49991999
101st Airborne.

Nothing is more 'Murica Fuck Yeah!

Bald Eagles as the fucking logo.

Jumping into combat from out of the back of a fucking airplane.

Talk about your big brass balls.
>>
>>49992543
>dat BBC, yo...

And we're not talking about a large Scottish grouse...

>>49992898
>Talk about your big brass balls.

"As the story of the Battle of the Bulge is told today, it is one of George Patton and his Third Army coming to the rescue of the encircled 101st, like the cavalry come to the rescue. To this day no member of the 101st believes that they needed to be rescued."
>>
>>49992650
Might be a few of those, thanks for the warning.
>>
>>49992650
Is that in stores yet?

I haven't seen it by me.
>>
>>49992091
>>49992164

So just tell him to make the points lower? 1500 is standard, in my area at least. Just because he splurged on minis and wants to bring out all his toys doesn't mean you have to say yes.
>>
File: 1468606579708.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1468606579708.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>49993477
Eh, we only get to see each other like twice a year now, and sadly I didn't play FoW while we were roommates in college. We and a bunch of our friends are getting together to just hang out and have fun over the weekend (and a bit beyond).. We're the only two that play, but I did manage to convince him to play a game where each of us has two 750 pt forces, so that we can hand two of them off to some semi-interested friends (or even just do the rather interesting clash we think we'll get between the two FV infantry lists we've made). I'm just going to try and wrap the absurdly huge game up quickly and hopefully next time convince him to do a more NORMAL sized game. At least it's not the 2x 1750 list absurdity we tried at his wedding, which took us three days to reach turn 5 on (admittedly because wedding prep stuff intervened a lot). Some of you may recognize that battle.

Hopefully I can convince him after the 750s game to do a smaller one, but he's always unfortunately been of the "bigger is better" type.
>>
>>49991999
>America

If it walks, give it a bazooka.
If it drives, weld a cal .50 onto it somewhere.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 236x345px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 236x345px
>Finally find a small group of grognards in area
>They only play on Sunday mornings after church
>after church
>MFW my heathen ass hasn't set foot inside of a church in over 6 years unless it's been a pizza delivery

I'm sure I'm worrying over nothing, but this is the south. Just what I need is one of them to ask why I don't show up to service and take it personally when I say I'm not religious anymore.
>>
File: robert-redford-abridgetoofar-5.jpg (44KB, 533x266px) Image search: [Google]
robert-redford-abridgetoofar-5.jpg
44KB, 533x266px
>>49992898
>101st Airborne.
>Nothing is more 'Murica Fuck Yeah!
>Bald Eagles as the fucking logo.
>Jumping into combat from out of the back of a fucking airplane.

A valid argument, but the 82nd Airborne were called the All-Americans, AND they got Robert Redford in Bridge Too Far. That's pretty fucking Murrican.
>>
>>49996022

A Bridge Too Far remains my favorite WWII War Movie of all time.

What about everyone else? Favorite WWII Movies?
>>
File: come and see - glasha.webm (3MB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
come and see - glasha.webm
3MB, 704x528px
>>49996035
>Favorite WWII Movies?
My top 10 after many long years of consideration:

Come and See
Big Red One
Cross of Iron
Tora Tora Tora
The Dirty Dozen
How I Won The War
The Thin Red Line
Days of Glory
The Battle of Britain
The Tin Drum

Honorable mention: Casa privata per le SS
>>
Is hungariboo about?

wondering if i could start a hungarian force with german plastic grenadeirs and not have it be completely wrong.
>>
>>49996150
Surprised I'm being summoned of all folks, but sure.

Strictly speaking, 100% autism here... no, they wouldn't be 100% accurate. Mainly you're looking at the gasmasks and mess kits that all German soldiers would have.

HOWEVER, these can easily be shaven off in most cases with the right models. The more difficult one, and the one that to my knowledge Hungarians didn't have, is the Zeltbahn (I think I got that right) Camo smocks. I've never seen a picture of a Hungarian soldier wearing one. You could probably get away with painting them up as rain ponchos though.

Equipment wise you're fine. Not only do most Hungarian weapons look close to German ones, they straight up used German weapons toward the end of the war, as they essentially became a different looking branch of the German army over time.

Best advice, look at how the Hungarian infantry that Battlefront sells look. Then think about whether or not the plastics you will be buying can easily be converted to roughly match. Best bet would be earlier war Germans, as their kit would be damn near identical. I would heavily recommend checking out PSC's early war Germans. I bet they would be a perfect base. All you would need from there would be a few panzerfaust/shreck miniatures and some HQ teams since the crusher cap wasn't used to my knowledge.

I would post one of my many WWII Hungarian pictures but I recently bought a new laptop and don't have them on here yet, sorry.
>>
My 25 pdrs with CMPs and my British paras just arrived today from the PSC kickstarter. I haven't played since July, but I might finally get around to making that Canadian/British para list I've been wanting to play. Anyone have recommendations for good British para lists? I normally play a Canadian rifle company so I have most of the British mainstays
>>
>>49996213
>the plastic 25lbers are already out

holy crap that's an insanely fast turnaround time for a kickstarter.

I'll need to keep an eye out for the next one they do like that. I've been burned in the past but that's impressive enough to win me over.
>>
>>49996211
solid advice. thanks bro
>>
>>49996255
no prob, I'm not a super familiar buff on all these things, but I try.

For what it's worth, 99% of the gamers you meet would never be able to tell the difference between early war germans and Hungarians if they were painted the same. Honestly the only give away would be gas masks and MP 40's, since the Hungarians have a pretty cool looking SMG that's very noticeable. So worst comes to worse, only a very dedicated Hungarian player would even be able to tell in the first place.
>>
>>49996242
They were a couple weeks behind schedule but only because they were waiting on the decals to get printed.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 341x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 341x480px
>>49996035
>Letters from Iwo Jima
>Pic related
Actually, I loved pretty much all finnish war movies I've seen.
>>
>>49996291

I've been wanting to see this one for ages, but I have never found a subbed version.
>>
>>49996339
It's a very dry, matter of fact account of the battle. No cg and marvelously authentic gear, tanks and action.
In other words: perfect
>>
>>49996416
If someone were ever to ask me what it means to be a grog, I would have to link to this, because this sums it up perfectly
>>
>>49996291
>I loved pretty much all finnish war movies I've seen.
There's this one called "Lupaus" about the Finnish women's auxiliary, the Lotta Svärd, which I caught by accident one day and found to be fascinating. It was very formulaic/predictable but I do like the more obscure topics.
>>
Links to any of these movies for streaming would be grand.
>>
The Yanks are a Firepower Doctrine army, probably the winning doctrine of WWII

So the most Murican list would be an infantry company with all the CT guns you can muster.

How many artillery platoons can you fit into a late war Infantry company?
>>
>If I do use Bulge I'll just settle for armored mortars in that case. Bridge at Remagen's 3rd armored units being reluctant leaves me feeling somewhat reluctant myself. Does their vet status make up for it enough or should I always take 9th armored units from there?
Reluctant is actualy better, since it makes them so much cheaper and vets are harder to pin anyways.
>>
>>49996035
The Battle of Midway is one of my favorites. Same style as Tora, Tora, Tora except more Nips getting smashed by FREEDOM.

FLGS is putting together an order for Old Glory so I decided to order 9 of their Command Decision T-55s. Once I put them together and paint a couple I will post my thoughts. I'll need to sculp or 3D print the armor for the brow of the turret. Not sure if there would be a better way to go about it. The rangefinder is easy since it's a box.
>>
>>49995001
>I'm sure I'm worrying over nothing, but this is the south.

Don't worry about it too much. It's not really their business what you do or don't believe.

I know it's hardcore JesusLand down there, but I'm sure you're not the only heathen living in the Deep South.

But if you start hearing banjo music... Run.

And if it makes you feel any better, it's not exactly sunshine and roses for non-believers up north either. Especially if your family are hardcore believers.

Hell, my brother is a Priest for christ's Sake. How do you think that works out most of the time?
>>
>>49997726
Probably not as much fallout as I could have considering one of my uncles is a traveling evangelical preacher.

He's a super nice guy, he spends every waking moment trying to do something to help people, but man can he preach some fire and brimstone when he wants to.

But yeah, I don't mention jack shit about religion down here unless I know the person pretty well. The odds of some serious fallout happening is really low, but it's far more likely that you'll get worried over because you're not saved. Which is sweet that they care and all, but after turning down the 30th offer to come to church with them it gets old.

Honestly if I'm going to bitch about anything down here, it's the lack of wargaming, especially historicals, unless I want to drive to Nashville which is over 2 hours away. It's taken a crazy amount of work just to get a 40k kill team group off the ground, which was essentially started by me because I needed SOMETHING to get the fix and a lot of people got excited when GW "updated" kill team.

At least I can convert a bunch of historical type regiments for my guard and slowly get them hooked on history, but odds are it'll be years, if ever, that I can get any real historicals community down here.
>>
>>49992164
>No recce
>Only template is air support
>Fighting FV infantry company with Bulldog and TA 3 everywhere
He's going to have a "fun" game there. Just make sure his tanks have to assault into defensive fire from one of those gun platoons of yours (6 or 25, they both penetrate side armor well enough), and enjoy his frustration.
>>
>>49998543
It's FV infantry with TA 3, but I worry about the lack of longer range AT.

A platoon of AT guns and a Sherman & Firefly platoon still have to worry about 20 tanks.
>>
>>
>>49999073
my dddiiiiiiiiiccccckkkkkkk
>>
>>49999073
So why did the germans have that large frame on top of their radio vehicles, anyway?
>>
>>49999168
Radio antennae for a large-ass radio.
>>
Oh hello.

Either that's a doozy of a typo, or...
>>
>>49999168
I think thats the antenna but I could be wrong
>>
>>49999232
V4 is coming up, with a revamp of MW and moving to points similar to Team Yankee.
>>
>>49999168
radio antenna.
>>
>>49999073
When are those coming out? I'm Spahbro from a few threads ago, those are perfect.
>>
>>49999232
Plz no
>>
>>49999285
No idea. THey published the image on their facebook right now.
>>
Opinions? Lots of firepower, but not exactly mobile. Not entirely sold on the Pillboxes, but in EW they'll be a bastard to assault.
>>
>>49999308
They just posted saying 15mm releases in January.
>>
>>49999256
It has to be a typo.

Even if V4 launches with Mid-War, it will most likely have only one or two new books out by the time any tournaments start to happen.

Meaning anything not using the supposed TY style points would not be valid.

Also, why TY style points for MW, but not the other eras?
>>
>>49999522
>Even if V4 launches with Mid-War, it will most likely have only one or two new books out by the time any tournaments start to happen.

The V4 rules will have a mini army book with them, just as V3 did. Certainly enough to run a tornament with.
>anything not using
Considering MW has just 2 package books ATM, it's the easiest to test the waters with.
>Why only MW
Because the other periods have a lot more content and thus more bother involved with porting them.
>>
What is the recommended number of Leo 2s to take for a 100pts list?
>>
>>49999168
It's a drying rack for the laundry day
>>
>>49999724
5-7 if you want to have a good amount of support
>>
>>49999724
>>
>>49999724
It depends on what else is in the rest of your army list.

If you are going for a tank formation you'll likely want 4 or 7.

1 HQ, a platoon of 3, and perhaps another platoon of 3.
>>
>>49999073
It'll be interesting to see how they compare to BF's!
>>
>>50000698
This is a different wheeled recon vehicle than the kit BF are putting into plastic.
>>
>>49999073

PSC really is being savy about what kits they are putting out. Not trying to directly go toe to toe with battlefront, but beating them to the punch on some solid kits that people will want in their armies.

>>49999232
Dear God no. TY points work for TY, but there is no way to make them work for the vast options of equipment and training in Mid War.
>>
>>50000734
Oops, that's embarrassing. I see it now.
>>
>>49999232
Actual link?

This is 4chan after all. I could easily believe this is just trolling.
>>
>>50001211
http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=57

Do note that the 100p MW is for Historicon, and specifically Africa
>>
>>50001013
It's not too bad - any difference of 15 points can be represented as +/- 1 point in the TY system.

No more +5 pt upgrades though.
>>
>>50001728
Huh. Okay then.

Not sure if I like it or not, but then again does it really matter if a full sized game is 100 points or 1500 points if the same stuff is represented?

The only reason they're really doing the whole "100 points" thing is because it sounds smaller than 1500 points.

Well that, and because games where 100 is the norm, like X-wing, are more common and popular than games like 40K where 1500 - 2000 is the norm.
>>
>>50002009
Never mind that X-Wing is popular because most people aren't into the hobby aspect of tabletop wargaming rather than the way the numbers work.

But I think it'll be okay - just divide everything by 15, and if something would then cost 1/3 or 1/2 a point, force you to get two or three at a time.

Dammit, I did not type that captcha wrong. This keeps happening.
>>
Does this game really do small shit? The fact heavy tanks come in a box of five kind of pushes me away from the game.
>>
>>50003028
I think 5 is just a convenient number to box up, you generally dont get many games with that many heavies, and if you DID put 5 heavies down you'd have practically nothing else on the table
>>
>>50002009
>>50001803
You lose resolution in points differences. I think losing 5 and 10 point differences in upgrades and between tanks. We can probably get by without it, but we will lose some ability to fine tune lists. They should have just divided by 10 to give us 150.
>>
>>50003106
I dunno i sort of like the idea of one or two squads, a weapons team or two, a scout vehicle and an IS2 or Tiger, but the game seems designed for much larger games.
>>
>>50003151
A lot of tournaments swing between low points and higher points. Future Tournament I'm going to is going to be 1390 points. I mean have you considered Bolt Action which is basically what you're after in terms of scale?

>>50003028
Because you'll rarely need anything more than 2-3 of some Heavy Tanks, like King Tigers or Pershings.
>>
>>50003151

It's a company based game, not 'Lt Jackson, his drinking buddies, and a single tank and single gun they lifted from the armour'.

You're looking at around half a dozen platoons a game. Sometimes more. A dozen or so tanks, plus a dozen or so support stuff. A few platoons of infantry, with a few platoons of support.

If you want small scale stuff, try bolt action. That's a reinforced platoon scale, similar to 40k.
>>
>>50004117
Seconding this.

FoW is for large company-sized battles, not small platoon-sized battles.
>>
File: begins jerking wildly.jpg (127KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
begins jerking wildly.jpg
127KB, 960x720px
>>50004117
>similar to 40K

>similar to old 40k

FTFY
>>
>>50006682
The Pz IV looks a bit janky.

Really hope they come with desert and europe uniforms; if they do then hey, Kampfgruppe Swoboda here I come.
>>
>>50006682
stop I can only get so erect
>>
File: begins to hnnnnnnng.jpg (111KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
begins to hnnnnnnng.jpg
111KB, 960x720px
>>50007957
>>
>>50008449
Wats the stuff in the back for, more TY?
>>
>>50008514
The Volksarmee which is the East Germans scheduled for next year.
>>
>>50008595
Ah. No plastic t-55s tho?
>>
>>50008850
No, according to all of the new stuff we've heard from Battlefront it takes a year of turn around time for them to get plastics into our grubby little mitts. And then Team Yankee was such a runaway success that it basically defied all of their expectations. So no. No Plastic T-55s. Maybe in the future when other companies start poking their fingers in that particular pie.
>>
>>50008935
?
>>
>>50008935
Sorry phone ate my post apparently.

So they're not doing plastic tanks, but they have plastic brdms for volksarmee?
>>
>>50008973
Well the BRDMs are usable for the main Red Army as well. So I dunno. Maybe?
>>
>>50008973
I guess we'll see. I doubt it though. The only thing keepijg me from buying uo a bunch of old glory BRDMs is that I don't know the platoon size and Old Glory sells all their command decision stuff in packs of 3.
>>
>>50008963
He means "they'll do plastic T-55s when PSC starts stealing their lunch on them".

Though I'm feeling a bit more charitable, I assume they wanted plastic T-55s, since they're going to be in a load of other books.
>>
File: 8eIJfm3.png (129KB, 500x480px) Image search: [Google]
8eIJfm3.png
129KB, 500x480px
Hey /fwg/ I have been playing for a while with friends, and when we first got in, we played mid-war. I played an American OSS platoon. Now I want to start playing late war with a local group. The problem is that OSS are all small bases, but I can't find a late war army that uses small bases as a primary force. Anyone got any pointers? Preferably an American force.

>tl;dr anon only has small base American infantry, What do I do?
>>
>>50011343
Sorry, anon, but I'm fairly certain that the OSS are the only ones only on small bases.
>>
>>50008973
A lot of the Volksarmee stuff was brought forward from the Soviet release we are getting in early/mid 2017.
>>
I've only ever played a demo of flames of war.

I kinda wanna try it but have no friends that play anymore.

Should I just show up at gamestores/friends gamenights with TANKS skirmish game instead?

Do you think that would be a good intro? Is the set good value?

Only other 15mm stuff I have is 4 unbuilt Panzer IVs from PSC I got for doing a FOW demo years ago.
>>
>>50012624
Tanks could be a decent tie-in, but rules-wise it is closer to X-Wing than it is to Flames of War.
>>
>>50012705
Does FOW have any varient rules for Tank battles if I ever decided to make the jump?
>>
>>50012713
Yes. It's called "using a Tank Company" (as in, Tank battles are integrated enough into the rules that you don't need any special rule sets for it).
>>
>>50012713

It's very likely that your average infantry list will have at least one platoon of tanks, and if you choose to run mechanised or tank companies, far more than that.

A typical yank tank list might have 10-20 tanks in it.

Flames of War's scenarios also adapt in that respect. Most of the time, the attacker and defender are asymmetrical in terms of their objectives, special rules, deployment zones, etc. Some missions have you roll off for attacker/defender, but many use a priority system. Tanks attack Mechanised attack Infantry attack Fortified.
>>
Thoughts on this terrain?
>>
>>50013557
Alright, I'd add some hedges/bushes to the sides of those roads at irregular intervals but it's otherwise fine.
>>
File: IMG_0486.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0486.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
About to run some Team Yankee demos for a local gaming day.

I'all let you know how that goes.
>>
>>50014996
The lack of Leopards/Helos shall disappoint me.

Good choice on the Arizona Sweet Tea, though.
>>
>>50014996
Why does nobody ever use concealing cover? There's meant to be bushes, fences, treelines, and crap all over the battlefield.
>>
>>50015174
I need to build some.

For now, this is what I have ready to go.
>>
>>50015174
>>50015283
Also I tend to run crop fields as concealing terrain.
>>
Are there any army builders for the lists in leopard? the only TY one I could find just had the corebook.
>>
>>50014996
Dem space invaders. Hope the games go well.
>>
File: 1453953343044.gif (3MB, 400x293px) Image search: [Google]
1453953343044.gif
3MB, 400x293px
>>50014996
>that is Eagles at game...

OOORAAAH!

go for it! roll dice, you starved sonuvabich!

are you Sov's or USA?

dude, have a blast!
>>
File: 1474851341750.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474851341750.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
What is the best way to start flames of war?

As in if you had to start again what product would you buy?
>>
>>50017283
Honestly at this point I'd get into Team Yankee instead, because, bluntly, Battlefront can actually keep it in stock.
>>
oh, for fun...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY3sM0jtwaA
>>
>>50017406
How do I build a GUP list for FOW?
>>
>>50017367
Does it have a starter set?
>>
>>50017283
Id honestly be tempted to buy and play it in 6mm, as much as I love painting 15mm tonks
>>
>>50017425
Answer: You don't because Girls Und Panzer is all about the individual crazy tanks actions. Play TANKS for that instead.

>>50017283
Definitely wouldn't start with British Jesus Panzerschrecking Christ British were a painful starting point for me.

>>50017449
Buy one of the big boxes yes. If you get the British Starter Charlie's Chieftains it comes with the Mini Team Yankee Rule Book.
>>
>>50017500
>Girls Und Panzer is all about the individual crazy tanks actions. Play TANKS for that instead.

uhm, but they do so in groups of 5 or 20 tanks. TANKS generally only uses 3 tanks. sorry wrong answer
>>
>>50017449
It has faction boxes that give you the relevant tanks and helis, so kinda?

>>50017500
I played Soviets first. Oops, that's hard; let's try a western front army, maybe a little easier to get into. I do quite like my native brits! Whooops.
>>
>>50017500
There's buzz on the forums that people are getting minibooks even with US, Sov or WGer starters. I am guessing it depends on how the store decides to give them out.
>>
>>50017620
The owner of my FLGS got a mini-rulebook for every starter he'd ordered earlier when we met the BF guys at Spiel.

Might be turned into general policy.
>>
Stupid question but, would it be unfitting to use the Winter Gear Finish troops in mid and late war? They seem to be using the same equipment and don't seem out of place.
>>
>>50017500
How easy would it be to scale up TANKS to a larger size mini?

>>50017580
Can you mix forces in TANKS?

Really you can only do small games? Are there not rules for larger battles or is it too small table size?
>>
File: 1473443017365.jpg (296KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1473443017365.jpg
296KB, 1920x1080px
How are late war army sets?

Are cards t hat come with TANKS expansions set or random? (Crew/Upgrade cards)

Card shit is neat but it piss me off if i miss out due to having the tank model already.
>>
Demo games after action report:

I ran three demo games at the library game day set up by my FLGS.

The Forces:

USA
HQ Abrams
4 Abrams
4 Abrams
2 ITVs

USSR
HQ T-72
5 T-72s
5 T-72s
5 T-72s
2 BMP-2 Scouts

Lets call the players Bob, Carl, and Dave.

Game 1:
My USSR vs Bob's US

Bob was the defender and used that to his advantage as I tried to force my way onto one of his objectives.

He was set up well and defended well. He won pretty easily.

He likes the game and may be considering getting a starter army box over the winter holidays.

Game 2:
My USSR vs Carl's US

Again, I was the attacker and my opponent was the defender.

This game was a bit more even with heavy losses on both sides. He just barely won but it easily could have went either way.

He is interested in borrowing one of my armies again in the future, but is a bit too cash starved at the moment to start an army right now.

Game 3:
Dave's USSR vs My US

I was the defender and set up decently well.

He bum-rushed everything at one side. I defended like a pro and took minimal losses while holding back the Soviet horde.

My opponent was almost bored the whole time, and was constantly bitching about the game.

He didn't like that it was I Go - You Go. He didn't like that there was no such thing as Overwatch. He didn't like the line of sight or armor facing rules. He kept saying that I should be promoting a better Moderns rule set, but couldn't name one when asked which one. He just was an utterly miserable opponent and did not like the game.

Conclusions:
A bigger table would have been nice, but that's what was available at the library.

With that one exception, my other two opponents both liked the game, and might be looking to play more.

The Soviets lost all three games, although the middle game could have easily gone either way. I'm not quite sure if this means Soviets are weak or if we just don't understand who to play them yet.

Also, US was almost effortlessly strong on the defensive.
>>
>>50020502
Some Air Support or Artillery support probably would have helped your Soviets a lot in the long run Eagles.

>but couldn't name one when asked which one.
Always the way with some people.
>>
>>50020564
Not built and/or painted, but yeah, that certainly would have helped on both sides. They are certainly in my to-do list, as well as infantry for my US force.

As far as not being able to please all the people all the time, this guy just seemed to have his parties in a twist about the entire game system. He liked the miniatures, but just absolutely hated every little aspect of the rule set and game play itself.
>>
>>50019317

table size is 3x3, with no ranges, all range is infinite.

do the math
>>
File: 1470030068375.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1470030068375.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>>50020502

>can't offer a better Modern's game when prompted

Dave, you are a saggy cunt whore

a WHORE!

seriously, he was bitching because low-quality scum do that when their lack of ability is proven.

go build scale models or play 40K, you wet cunt!
>>
>>50020653
>>50020502
Eagles, nice to hear!

try running T-72's in Platoons of 6,7 or 8.
things will change.
recon BMP was a good idea.
....and get 3 Gzodvikas for Smoke. Zvezda works...
>>
>>49996339

Sorry mate, I thought I had it but they got taken down.

In any event, I always thought I'd love a Finnish war movie, but I guess the movie is intended for Finnish audiences as it's pretty dry account of it.

I mean it's hilarious in a subdued way. Finnish colonel or whatever orders a company to attack a heavily defended area. Guy asks if he gets support. Colonel says no. Guy goes okay and they just start running across this field and get lit up.
>>
>>50018572
Yeah, don't see why not.

I think most of the LW Finnish combat covered by the FoW books took place during the summer of 1944 - that might be why they only gave the "L" label to the non-winter models.

>>50019963
Not random.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16TpkdRguFpcwsaL5nXluPGOXZI1UvG2lutVJUHxbv5o/edit#gid=0
>>
>>50018572
It's fine, yeah. Technically they don't have any LMGs, which isn't quite right for LW Jalkavaki, but on the other hand I seriously doubt anyone would care.
>>
>>50021413
In big platoons you start hitting command range issues, smaller squads seem better. Your morale is already pretty excellent.
>>
>>50024006
Yeah.

Right now I'm honestly thinking 3 units of 5 feels about right, although 2 units of 6 or 7 might also work.

The size of the models and the size of the table kinda discourages massive fuckhuge units of Soviet tanks.
>>
>>50025047
all the team yankee I've seen really makes it feel the table size, command distance, and maybe weapons range ought to be doubled
>>
>>50025328
I was playing on an under-sized table, but that was a limitation of the venue.

As for distances, I could see command distances needing an increase. Maybe 8 to 10 inches instead of 6.

Weapons ranges and movement distances feel about right.
>>
>>50025368
yea I'd keep movement, but even the games I've seen on a 4x6 looked cluttered due to the command range. That's certainly the biggest issue.

Why did they move away from measuring to another team in the platoon?
>>
>>50025395
If I had to guess I'd say it was because of the opposite problem, things being very spread out.

You could get crazy spread out if you abused the command distance chain in regular FoW.
>>
>>49991961
HEIL HITLER
>>
>>50025431
Maybe also since it would be easier to fuck with a chain, since the attacker has more control over the models hit now.

I guess now you just have to be very liberal with the "line abreast" rule
>>
>>50008973
>>50011315
Checking it is almost impossible they're not going to do a T-55 kit, given that the T-55 is still in front-line service in almost every non-soviet warsaw pact nation. If they add a couple of variant pieces, or maybe make them with nation-specific addon sprues, they could conceivably do the base for every warpac in army with one plastic kit. I think the only army with substantial numbers of non-T55 tanks in the late 80s is the Poles.
>>
>>50025716
Which baffles me that they didn't have one in the pipeline since they found room for 5 plastic kits for the brit bongs. WARPAC needs some love.
>>
>>50025716
Czechs and Poles, though the Czechs only had a few regiments of T-72s compared to the Pole's T-72 divisions.

Hopefully everyone using a T-72 or T-55 will mean the soviets are going to be pretty easy to keep in stock, at least.
>>
I wonder how all the T-55s are going to work out? It's AT 16 in FOAN and 'nam, which is pretty much anti-recce gun status in TY, but presumably the 'nam and egyptian ones weren't given top-line HEAT, sabot, or missiles.
>>
>>50026173
We'll if they add m60s and french tonks they might be more reasonable.
>>
>>50026173
No idea how much they improved things but they got HEAT and sabot upgrades into the 80s, as well as a gun-launched missile.

Looking it up, the Egyptians and other arab states apparently forwent use of the then-modern BM-8 sabot round (pen 300) due to expense, and I'd be shocked if the north vietnamese were getting it, so the AT 16 it has is with shell. BM-8 itself is aged by 1985; BM-25 (430mm) came out 1978 and I've found a reference to an AP-2 in 82, but I have no idea who made that and it reads like it's equivalent. It should be around as powerful as the Leopard 1's ammo ( DM33, 1984. Listed as 420mm, so not far off).
>>
>>50026173
16 is still good against side armor which tends to be right around 8 for NATO MBTs.

Although I'd imagine the T-55AM in the mid 1980s would have an increase in AT over the Vietnam-era T-55.
>>
>>50025328
Mechanized warfare in 80s-90s central Europe *should* feel cramped.

The table layout in >>50013557 is about right.

>>50014996 would be better for the American Midwest, or the rural Russian interior.

Remember too that your unit's part of a larger army: there's a force just as big as yours to your immediate left and right, off board, fighting a similar-sized opposing force to the right and left of your opponent.
>>
>>50027635
As I said, Vietnam-era T-55s likely weren't even using vietnam-era T-55 penetration; the soviets had sabot and HEAT rounds then, but were still primarily exporting (much cheaper) APBC ammunition.
>>
If I have a list with Erwin Rommel in it and wish to use his Fingertip Feeling rule, would I be able to move an entire platoon of 6 heavy panzerspahs, or just a pair of 'spahs courtesy of their own rules?

Fingertip Feeling, page 20: One german platoon within LOS of Rommel may make a normal move within its deployment area after both sides have deployed but before making reconnaissance deployment moves.

Heavy Panzerspah Platoon, page 34: Heavy panzerspah platoons operate as separate platoons, each with their own command team. Although its patrols operate as separate platoons for all other purposes, a heavy panzerspah platoon deploys as a single platoon. For example, this means that you treat the entire heavy panzerspah platoon as a single platoon when calculating the number of platoons held in ambush or reserve.

My intention is to deploy all six 'spahs, redeploy with Rommel and then recon (ideally along a road) forward at the start of the battle. For some reason I can't figure out if I can do that with all 6 vehicles or just the pair.
>>
>>50029248
Seems clear to me; Fingertip Feeling happens after deployment, so they've stopped being one huge platoon.
>>
>>50028519
>>>50014996 would be better for the American Midwest, or the rural Russian interior.

I was going for generic semi-rural German village, but I guess I don't have a large enough terrain collection to pull that off.
>>
>>50028627
Right, but modern armor like Chobham or BDD is resistant to HEAT weapons.
>>
>>50030993
I don't see how this is relevant? There's the Chobham and BDD traits, and in any case, the BM family of ammo is APFSDS.

My point is the T-55 stats in 'nam and FOAN probably aren't even accurate for a conventional WW3, since the soviets had a sabot round in service at the time, but were exporting WW2-style APBC to clients.
>>
>>50031122
The post I was responding to was talking about Sabot and HEAT.

I was pointing out that HEAT isn't guaranteed to be helpful when we have Chobham and BDD as defenses against it.

Although Sabot would still be highly effective.
>>
>>50031370
The HEAT round is irrelevant to TY (except for the possible GLATGM, which I can't find much on in the books I've got), sure, but my point was that even in 1970, an NVA T-55 is not a Soviet T-55. In short, it's probably best not to look too hard at those statlines to predict TY's stats.

I would also be surprised if it had RoF 1 still, given we've now got 120mm guns with RoF 2.
>>
File: 1441518847901.jpg (117KB, 912x678px) Image search: [Google]
1441518847901.jpg
117KB, 912x678px
>>50026070
You know how it goes, anon. Rip.

>>50031457
Sans auto-loaders too, right?
>>
>>50031915
Yeah; even if the advanced stabilisers on the Abrams and Leo 2 are why it keeps RoF 2, the Chieftain's got RoF 2. Leo even has RoF 2 moving, with an unimproved stabiliser.
>>
>>50026070
Battlefront hates Soviets remember? It's a joke please don't kill me

Honestly I think they're keeping them out of plastic just to keep people from being able to do a repeat of the Fate of a nation 41 T34/85's of doom list. Maybe they figure if you need to sell a kidney to run a proper T55 list it'll keep the numbers down to sane levels.

In other news, played TANKS for the first time, and I'm really not sure how much I care for it. I just watched 2 T34/76's murder the fuck out of two panthers from front armor shots due to a lot of lucky crits. Granted, the odds of that happening were low, but in reality it should've been nonexistant.

The firepower and armor ratings for various tanks seems far less varied than it should be. A t34/76 or a 75mm sherman can easily hurt a stationary Panther or IS 2 like its their job and the very finicky armor values kind of bug me. It's easy to pick up, sure, but with so few tanks available at the moment and what feels like a too simplified armor system, I'm not really that much of a fan. I'll probably play it just because the others around here play it, but it will not be first choice on the list of historicals, that's for sure.
>>
I think the entire reason for it is volksarmee being brought forward as a full book. I find it really unlikely they've got no plans for plastic T-55s, given, as I said, literally everyone in warpac uses them in some form or another. They probably just had to rush out the resins.

Also, it's certainly possible to knock out panthers from the front at close range, though not exceptionally likely; the turret cheek is only 80mm, and if it has the mantlet shot-trap that's a possibility. Also possible it was just a very inexperienced or weary crew who'd bail out when they took fire.
>>
>>50032155
Or spalling. Panther armour was incredibly hard and didn't have spall liner, so I wouldn't be surprised if getting pummelled with 3" rounds was an unpleasant experience for the crew.
>>
>>50032062

I think you'll see the T-55M priced comparatively to the Leo 1. Even though they would be "trained" , they will have better armor and a gun that can fire a guided ATGM. I like that the East Germans get both the T-55 and T-72. The T-72 can focus on the enemy armor now while the T-55 can be more flexible.
>>
>>50022547
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16TpkdRguFpcwsaL5nXluPGOXZI1UvG2lutVJUHxbv5o/edit#gid=0

>read the above doc
>Tiger Expansion
>we know what it comes with alread....
>KURT KNISPEL!!!!

>WAAAAAAAAT?

ok, where did this info come from, or is this bait?
>>
beito desu
>>
Putting some German grenadiers on popsicle sticks for painting. Trying to organize by stands to ease with basing. Should I base the mg ammo carriers on the same stand or on a separate stand as the mg?
>>
>>50014996
Every Team Yankee table I see just looks like 40 tanks facing 40 tanks in an area the size of a small Walmart. Does no one use infantry? Looks so boring.
>>
>>50034101
I don't have any painted yet, but I will have some.

Also, tanks are easier to run demos with. High mobility and a good sampling of most of the key combat mechanics.

As far as why it tends to be tank focused, tanks are a big selling point for both World War II and more modern warfare. Same thing with helicopters and ground-attack aircraft. They're iconic and awe inspiring.

The poor bloody infantry don't quite have the same appeal as the giant steel behemoths that dominate the battlefield.
>>
>>50034101
Infantry came out after everyone got their tanks, so it wouldn't surprise me if loads of people just don't have them finished yet. Also if you're bringing soviet infantry you need like nine million stands and a million BMPs.
>>
>>50034415
It's not quite that crazy, but you're only exaggerating by maybe 2 or 3 orders of magnitude.

Which is why my Soviets don't have infantry, but my NATO forces will.
>>
>>50034415
For anyone who hasn't looked at TY yet: You have 13 BMPs per motor rifle company, and 21 stands. You have to take 2 companies, and can take 3, and will need the command BMP and rifle team too. Then you have your recon BMPs which you'll need to actually deploy these...
>>
>>50029248
>>50029329
And in V3, they don't even count as a single platoon for deployment, see page 17 or page 259 of the main rulebook
>>
>>50033868
The ammo carrier shoudl really be close to the MG he's servicing. That said, noone will look that closely at your teams, base them in a way that you think looks good.
>>
What are the chances of JSDF in team yankee?
>>
>>50035723
Pretty damn low. At the very least.
>>
>>50035929
I agree... but they'd have great models. I think they had two Cold War-era tanks, one somewhat M60-like and the other more boxy. Also their own APC and armored car (er, "wheeled AFV").

Speaking of wheeled AFVs, when'd the Italian Centauro come out?

Japan would work best if they wrote China into the war as well, I guess. By the mid-80s China had a tank that still had a turret like the T-55s and that famous wheel gap, but the hull and wheels looked sufficiently different. They had light tanks and a terrible APC as well.
>>
Did someone say brdm-2 in plastic? Because I really hope so. Command Decision or QRF does it, and theirs is garbage as I remember, so that'd be awesome.

>>50036887
With minor changes to the Leopard 2, you've got the MBT you're thinking of, likewise the older tank was heavily inspired by older American tanks, but technically its own thing.

I'd love to see the JSDF, just because it's such a pain in the ass trying to make in 15mm scale as a general thing. A lot of their vehicles don't have models in the scale. But I'm not ever going to hold my breath. It's like wanting Swiss soldier miniatures.
>>
>>50034101
I use infantry in my Aufklärungs, but West German infantry units are so small that it's hard to even notice them. They still have a place on the board though. I won my last game using an infantry assault. The Fliegerfausts are also really useful. You can put them in foxholes in a wheatfield or a woodline (with a +1 penalty to shoot, but a +1 for enemy air to hit.) and they can cover a considerable part of the board with decent AA. I want to buy more infantry, especially since you can attach an additional Fuchs Aufklärungs unit to your force, but I have some LW Soviets ans Germans I would like to paint before I do any more TY.

>>50034948
Thanks!
>>
>>50037695
I think we are getting it in resin. The command decision model is garbage? The resin image they have on the store page looks really clean. That's a shame.
>>
>>50037695
If it's QRF it will be trash, most of their range is from the 90s and I doubt they've priority-updated the cold war stuff. I'd be surprised if the CD one was bad because most of their soviets are reportedly really good; I've seen a guy with their gophers and they look ace.
>>
>>50038237
>>50037695
>>50037899
Speaking of is there any difference ordering CD stuff from old glory UK or skytrex?
>>
>>50035723
Unlikely, but not impossible.

For now at least they seem to be focused on NATO vs WarPac in Europe.

But at some point in the distant future, they could do other theaters of war, such as Asia. Perhaps a reigniting of the Vietnam War and the Korean War. *shrug*

But I'd imagine that is a long way off, if it happens at all.
>>
File: 1 Yorkshire Regiment.jpg (2MB, 3000x1029px) Image search: [Google]
1 Yorkshire Regiment.jpg
2MB, 3000x1029px
>>50035723

Not as unlikely as many people seem to be suggesting.

They have about a year to two years worth of releases planned out thus far and we know the Japanese aren't in that. So it won't be anytime soon.

However, they are doing Australia and New Zealand which means they aren't opposed to doing smaller nations. They need a hook and I think in Japans case it would be the inclusion of a third major faction, namely China.

TY is doing very well at the moment so I'd imagine China will come up eventually, if it does the JSDF will be very likely.
>>
File: 03.png (116KB, 847x748px) Image search: [Google]
03.png
116KB, 847x748px
How does it looks?
>>
Trying to decide a ww2 era game to get into.

I like tanks but want a scale where I can play and paint fun stuff.

Is 15mm used in any other game systems?

Is Open Fire a bad deal or should I go for one of the late war armies like Patton's Eagles?
>>
>>50040186
Open Fire is a great deal but very specific. Patton's Eagles is basically the only good LW box set; the others are for bad or mediocre lists.

>>50039461
For now they seem to be focused on NATO in Europe.
>>
Does anyone actually make a BMP-1 observation post? Battlefront don't seem to.
>>
>>50039740
Moderate shit.

7 platoons, min-sized trained combat platoons.
>>
>>50041206
There is a plastic BMP-1/BMP-2 kit.

Does that not work for the OP?
>>
>>50041359
What they call the BMP-1 OP is actually the PRP 3 or 4, which has a visibly very different turret. It should have a bunch of rangefinder-y, comms-y crap on the turret sides and the main gun port only mounts a machinegun, there's no cannon. I'll dig out a picture.
>>
File: PRP-4.png (160KB, 545x227px) Image search: [Google]
PRP-4.png
160KB, 545x227px
>>50041477
Not the best picture, given it's a drawing, but you can still plainly see the difference and all the others I could find in five minutes of googling were sized for ants. You can see the side mounts for various optics and the lack of main gun pretty clearly. It has a Little Fred counterbattery radar on it as well, but I don't think those were fitted to every OP. Certainly just having the main guns fitted discounts the BMP-1 kit from making a PRP.
>>
>>50041522
Another example, though the actual gun's been removed from the mounting. It's a pretty similar layout but you can tell (up close, in clear view) at-a-glance that it's not a BMP.
>>
>>50041558
I like that camo. It's not made up is it?
>>
>>50041522
>>50041558
A plastic BMP-1 assembled without the gun in the turret would still make a decent starting point.
>>
>>50042041
Yeah, but you're missing the turret-side crap and the MG, still.
>>
>>50042287
Which is why I said it was a starting point. You can certainly convert one using the plastic BMP as a base to build on to.
>>
How assblasted do people get if you use different variants of Shermans as others?

I'm looking at lists that have use Sherman I, II, IIIs but I have a bunch of Sherman Vs. The stats are the same I think but they are a little different model wise.
>>
>>50041206
http://www.skytrex.com/pw743b--bmp1-prp-3-small-fred-_p38124.aspx

Think this might be what you're looking for, ive never done a direct vehicle-vehicle comparison between Skytrex and BF, but their stuff is very good and should match BF BMPs fairly well.
>>
>>50040186
If you like tanks, plural, 15mm is as large as I would go. Flames of War lets you field a reinforced company, so something like 8-25 medium tanks (the higher end being a stereotypical Soviet swarm). The table can look a little crowded at the higher end.

Other companies that sell 15mm minis (e.g. The Plastic Soldier Company, and Zvezda) have their own rules, but most people ignore them and buy the models for use in Flames of War. I think both also make 1:72 models that are somewhat larger, but you won't find the unit variety that Flames of War has.

Bolt Action is the other popular WWII game, but it's a 28mm platoon-sized game; a King Tiger is worth all the points you'd take in a small battle, and half your points in a mid-sized one.

The other option is to go down to 6mm. I personally like the scale (I played the 6mm version of 40k) but infantry is ant-sized and you might not want to paint road wheels the size of a grain of rice. I don't know which set of rules people use at that scale. GHQ might have one?
>>
>>50042984
That would probably be OK for the vast majority of people. I can tell the difference, but I can't afford an army for every unit every day of the week, so I regularly use Sherman Vs where the real unit had Sherman IIIs, etc.

The biggest problem comes with the later US list...an M4A3 moves an extra 2", the M4A3 (late) has FA7, and Easy 8 and M4A3 76mm have slightly different stats, etc. so in those cases it matters more IMHO. Trying to proxy can get confusing here.
>>
>>50042984
If the stats are the same, I don't care. If they're almost but not quite the same, I might care if you're using two different marks in the same army because I'll almost certainly get confused.

Calling some of them Fireflies would be a red flag.
>>
>>50043308
>GHQ might have one?
Ive not tried it, but Ive heard GHQs ruleset is pretty meh.
Id probably go with Fistful of Tows, it has some nice details but still plays fairly fast, the latest version works and has unit stats from 1939 through till about 2012 or so, although they included a formula to add your own vehicles if you wanted to add the Challenger 2 CLIP or the Armata platform or whatever.
>>
>>50043384
Seconding this.

It matters a bit more when it comes to the various specialized US Shermans later in the war.
>>
>>50043308
Wait I just checked. Openfire comes with fireflies and sherman Vs were they ever even used by US forces during ww2?
>>
>>50045188
No, but Open Fire is meant to represent Joint USA/UK Forces from Operation Market Garden.
>>
>>50045210
Can Sherman V be fielded as a regular M4 sherman if I ended up doing USA?

I am tempted to get openfire and TANKS as my starting purchase for this game and then pick up Patton's eagles later if I can get someone to actually play with. ;_;
>>
>>50045296
Not really if ya wanna be fully accurate.
The Sherman V is the M4A4, which was mostly used by Commonwealth forces in the European theatre, though iirc some units in the Pacific did receive some.

Ruleswise, they're identical to the basic M4/M4A1, which the Brits called the Sherman I and II.
The real difference in the models is that the M4A4 has a slightly longer engine deck with a different top, since it's got a different engine in there.
Ease of logistics is why different versions were mostly used by different forces.
>>
>>50045444
SO I shouldnt bother with open fire if im not gonna play commonwealth?
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 280x210px
Scenic bogged/bailed markers.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 280x210px
>>50045682
Yay or nay?
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 280x210px
>>50045699
>>
>>50045682
>>50045699

I think those are awesome, and really nicely done. I'd get your opponent's agreement before using them in a more serious game, but in principle, hell yes.
>>
>>50045607
It's probably better to just grab a bunch of the US Shermans at that point.
Pretty much every core platoon in a US mech army is available as a plastic kit anyway.
>>
>>50045607
It's also a nice deal if you want to play germans. If you want americans the Patton's Eagles box is probably a good place to start, though you may not want to use the Pershings.
>>
>>50045699
Like them all, but this one is really neat
>>
>>50045296
Not normally no, but I have heard certain units used them, notably the 761st, as replacement tanks in some situations.

Can't remember where I found it, but there was an excellent batch of logistical paperwork someone posted somewhere that essentially listed what tanks the 761st had operational at certain points. There were several instances during the battle of the bulge where, according to the paperwork, they had Sherman V's (which are called something else in American designation, can't remember what right now)

So a couple sprinkled in could potentially be explained away, but it's very unlikely that you would see a whole unit like that.
>>
>>50046468

I believe the US designated them as M4A4.
>>
>>50046488
>>50046468
AHAH! Found it, sure enough, you could make a 761st American unit with some M4A4 shermans.

If they received some, I'm sure other units received a few as well.
>>
>>50046569
http://www.wwpd.net/2016/08/flames-of-war-vehicles-of-761st-tank.html

Forgot the damn link
>>
>>50041319
It's actually 6 platoons with 2 combat platoons reinforced with 2 HMGs and a bazooka team each.
>>
>>50046468
>>50046488
I dont know where to start now.

I kinda wanna get the Patton's eagles but that is uesless if I have nobody to demo it with.

;_;

I guess I could turn the Sherman Vs and fireflies into GIrls Und Panzer forces for TANKS

but still.
>>
>>50047551
If you are looking for something to demo buy Open Fire then spend a little extra for a box of plastic M4A3s. You'll have both sides to demo. The Germans that come in Open Fire are bread and butter for most of late war.
>>
Anon from >>50047991
Here again

Do this >>50046569
Genius idea. The 761st is badass.
>>
What is difference between green trousers and brown trousers of US army?
May I paint trousers in green for assault company in Overlord?
>>
>>50048030
>>50047991
Hmm still unsure. I think I will atleast buy TANKS for now and b uild the shermans/panther and go from there.

Maybe ill give the Flames of War rules a read.
>>
>>49991999
>punch Hitler in the dick 'Murrica.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO6Zk5qkYcA

Before you punch him in the dick, maybe you should read his speeches where he explains why he did what he did and what his plans were. You can read all of his WW2 speeches for free (with historical commentary) in this pdf:

http://www.realhistorychannel.org/MEINSIDE.pdf

And this book:

http://www.realhistorychannel.org/BW%20F%20JUNE%202015pdfversion.pdf

gives the historical context of his speeches. If you are new to history and WW2 start you also might want to go on YouTube and listen to this speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4obeqaxhRs

and this speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUyDcGSMPEQ
>>
>>50049313
>How 'Murrica can you make a list?
>Hitler did nothing wrong.
>>
>>50049424
Think positive anon. Maybe he wants to make sure your dickpunch is simply well informed and vigorous.
>>
>>50013557

I just cannot into MDF buildings. They look like the little scraps of burnt wood they are, even when you've carefully painted them and added a base, rubble, etc.
>>
>>50049313

>Dat image

And don't forget the magical ovens that rendered hundreds of corpses to a fine ash each day... they were much better than modern crematoriums which take 3 hours for 1 body but still leave large bone pieces that need to be pulverized.
>>
>>50049424
>>How 'Murrica can you make a list?

Maybe the so-called "Zweites Buch" is a fake and Hitler actually wanted to save America but he hated the Roosevelts and the Bankers? See:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaCHBmGWcBc
>>
>>50041206
Supposedly QRF's observer vehicles aren't that bad. The bmp's not really the best choice of vehicle, though I think they've got those ones too.
>>
>>50048355
I believe green trousers showed up later in the war.

So brown would be earlier for stuff like africa while green would be europe? Not really 100% on that though.
>>
File: IMG_0501.jpg (90KB, 468x679px)
IMG_0501.jpg
90KB, 468x679px
>>50049313
Germany was having trouble, what a sad sad story.

Needed a new leader to restore her former glory.

Where, oh where was he?

Who could that man be?

We looked around, and then we found, the man for you and me...
>>
>>50050030
"Green trousers" would mainly be the M1943 uniform. Some of those showed up at Anzio, but they were generally introduced during the fall of -44 (and some soldiers never got them, but continued in their M1941 uniforms, or they got only parts of it). So, too late for Normandy.
>>
>>50049313
Can you come down to my grannies orchard? She needs an expert cherrypicker who can't notice the smell of bullshit.
>>
>>50049751
>And don't forget the magical ovens that rendered hundreds of corpses to a fine ash each day... they were much better than modern crematoriums which take 3 hours for 1 body but still leave large bone pieces that need to be pulverized.

Yeah, I remember that there was this book:

http://vho.org/aaargh/fran/livres3/HoaxV2.pdf

that was written by a guy with a Phd in engineering from M.I.T. who used mathematics and science (something shills don't understand) to prove that that it was mathematically impossible for 6 million people to have died in the holocaust deathcamps. It makes you think.

http://prometheism.net/library/jewishsupremacism.pdf
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 340x659px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 340x659px
Well.
I guess we should be thankful this doesn't happen more frequently in our threads I guess.

Anyways how is the zvezda KT?
>>
>>50051700

Thank you for that! The comic in your post made me LOL Have a thread bump on me :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaCHBmGWcBc
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 564x802px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 564x802px
>>50051710
I ain't clicking that
>>
>>50050112
>She needs an expert cherrypicker who can't notice the smell of bullshit.

Is there anything in this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAF1-aLqKY4

That you particularly think is B.S.?
>>
>>50051700
It's alright, for halloween some people just dressed as racists.
>>
>>50051700
I've heard the Zvezda KT is pretty good for the money. A lot of their recent kits have gotten favorable reviews. Next time an order in at my FLGS, I may tack on a couple of Ferdinands and KTs, because why not?
>>
>>50051727
>>50051710
Can Neo-Nazis just kind of fuck off? Preferably to follow in Hitler's footsteps.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 640x591px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 640x591px
>>50051727
Go away stormsmurf.
>>
>>50051723

Go 4 seconds of the way in to this video and it is in Russian:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c82GPttg2A0

language because it shows Russian Cossack Waffen SS taking an oath after completing their training. The Russian Cossack Waffen SS Corps was commanded by General Helmuth von Pannwitz who was a member of the same Russian Orthodox church that Vladimir Putin currently prays at, see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmuth_von_Pannwitz

Pannwitz is a hero to the Russian Cossack people and the Cossacks gave Pannwitz the rank of "Aтaмaн" or "Atasman" which is the highest rank a Russian Cossack can have because when Pannwitz surrendered to British on May 11, 1945, he had the choice to go back to West Germany as a free man but his Russian soldiers were forced to go back to Moscow to be shot, and Pannwitz chose of his own free will to die with his men by being sent to Moscow to stand trial with the other Russian Cossacks in front of Stalin and the NKVD instead of saving his own life.
>>
>>50051736
It is, it's even got track stowed on the turret and has a lot of moulded-on cabling and tools. Definitely not as sparse as some of zvezda's previous work.

I would recommend all their recent stuff except for the Tiger I, because it is, bizarrely, more expensive and less detailed than their current standard. Don't ask why.
>>
>>50051743

Ok, find, I'll go away. But only if you ask me politely.
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 636x601px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 636x601px
>>50051754
Go away you sad person.
>>
>>50050043
>Neo-Nazi posting in the thread
>responds with the lyrics from Springtime for Hitler

You sir, I like the cut of your jib.
>>
File: IMG_2822.jpg (28KB, 480x360px)
IMG_2822.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>50053305
Don't be stupid. Be a smarty! Come and join the Nazi party!
>>
Anyone got any idea what plastics we're getting with the soviet book? I read it's all soviet stuff, so T-80/64s?
>>
>>50054728
Plastic T-64s. Also BTRs, and BRDMs (not sure if plastic or resin) is all I know of so far.
>>
>>50054979
Wait, there's no plans for a plastic T-55 even later on?
>>
File: 14456_0.jpg (42KB, 800x465px) Image search: [Google]
14456_0.jpg
42KB, 800x465px
>>50055010
Not at the moment, but they'd better get around to it because it's crazy not to have one in plastic.

It looks like BF's plastic Tiger I will have zimmerit similar to the Panzer IV's. What do you guys think of it? Up close it's a little funny on the Pz. IV (too deep), but it does look pretty good at tabletop distance. The problem with the Tiger is that it's much more visible, especially on the surface. I'm not sure I like it. It should have zimmerit, though - only the early Tigers would lack it.
>>
>>50055010
Later on is possible, but it won't be 2017.
>>
>>50055865
>>50055135
You'd think the fact they had to rush volksarmee out would prompt it pretty hard. I think the entire warpac used T-55s even in 85, as well?
>>
>>50056219
As I stated earlier, the T-55 was a front line tank in almost every eastern bloc country. The Poles and Czechs were the only country with substantial numbers of T-72s (though a lot of countries had some, so it's plausible there might be T-72 companies in other books).
>>
>>50056219
The u.s. used m60s but we haven't seen them yet
>>
>>50056472
And if Austria came out with no plastic M60s for it's main-line tanks I'd be mad about that too.
>>
>>50056560
That said it is an important tank to get right; it needs to be good and it needs to either have a modular sprue or enough options to cover everything, since it's going to be the main tank for half a dozen countries.
>>
>>50056560
Yea I'm hoping we see them both in plastic
>>
>>50056575

Anon, I hope you are right and we are getting comprehensive T-55 and M-60 kits in plastic kits and the delay is to allow them enough time to do it right. That's the first time I have thought about that.

>And they didn't pass up a plastic T-55 for the brit bong wankfest of plastic.
>>
>>50019963
The late war soviet one is fine if you realize the IS-2's are just there to fill a lot of points in few models. They're the weakest heavy tank choice the soviets have, because they're a heavy with a ROF1 gun intended for assault (due to it's special rules and tank escorts), and the points of armor they have over a KV don't matter against the prime enemy threats, namely tigers, panthers and 88's. Making them overcosted for most purposes.
>>
Is the plastic soldier company U.S. armoured company worth it for $160NZD? I currently only have a platoon of m4 mediums.
>>
>>49991961
Operation Unthinkable when?
>>
>>50058407
It's a good deal but the infantry have the wrong webbing and are the old low-detail, multi-part figures.
>>
Just to check, but is there no way platoons allied to your main force can regain lost command teams?

>>50051710
The only good fascist is a dead one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MkRuV0aCcI
>>
>>50058704
I thought the wrong webbing was on the new-style, not-so-bad infantry figures, and only the Soviets were still the old-style crappy ones.
>>
>>50058723
>The only good fascist is a dead one.

Did you know that German Nazis killed the pro-Mussolini Fascist dictator of Austria who was Engelbert Dollfuss, see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engelbert_Dollfuss

because the Italian Fascists and Austrian Fascists would not allow the Austrian people to have a democratic election to decide whether or not Austria would join the Third Reich or not?

Hitler actually made an ant-Fascist speech about this that you can read on page 15 in this pdf:

http://www.realhistorychannel.org/MEINSIDE.pdf

The German National Socialists killed a lot of Italian Fascists and Austrian Fascists in Austria during the time period from 1934 to 1938 and this started when German
German National Socialism and Italian Fascism were originally enemies (this antagonistic relationship between Fascism and National Socialism is shown in the Charlie Chaplin movie "The Great Dictator" where Chaplin's Hitleresque character is about to war against Italian Fascist dictator "Benzino Napaloni" but they end up making peace and deciding not to go to war in the end).

But again, your world view is based entirely upon lies and falsehoods, so I am sure you will be unable to prove any of my facts wrong and you will be forced to resort to ad hominem fallacies in your responses.
>>
File: 1441638745061.png (192KB, 422x399px) Image search: [Google]
1441638745061.png
192KB, 422x399px
>>50058928
Fascists killing Fascists doesn't lessen the fact that they are still Fascists. I'm quite aware Austria was under a Clerical Fascist regime, but it doesn't change the fact the Nazis were fascists. Simply because they're killing each other doesn't make them any less worse. It's a basic part of capitalism in decay (fascism) for betrayal to occur when profit is possible. It's a basic part of fascism's ideological dishonesty.
>>
File: Stalingrad.jpg (60KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
Stalingrad.jpg
60KB, 800x522px
>>50058928
Furthermore, Italy and Germany were only at odds due to a territorial dispute. When Austria became a less valuable asset to Italy (I.e; when Mussolini found he had no real common ground with the Western Powers) he was quite happy to give it up. Furthermore, Mussolini quickly changed his tune to fit that of the Germans, introducing anti-semitic and racialist laws.
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 640x708px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 640x708px
>>50058928
You still here?

Go away stormfrump
>>
>>50058455
They're going back to midwar my senpai.
>>
>>50058764
Soviets and Americans.
>>
damn. i go away for three days, come back and some stormfag is shitting up the place.
Just stop replying. He'll get bored and go back to his containment board
>>
File: image.jpg (938KB, 2448x3084px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
938KB, 2448x3084px
>>50059951
Good idea.
Here's my new project: amphibious trucks
>as if they'll ever see play
Filling each with 2-3 people is the most I can fit without it looking goofy. Empty trucks trigger my wartism.
>>
>>50056311
>the T-55 was a front line tank in almost every eastern bloc country. The Poles and Czechs were the only country with substantial numbers of T-72s (though a lot of countries had some, so it's plausible there might be T-72 companies in other books).

I think you have it backwards, the leadership of the U.S.S.R. (who manufactured and distributed T-72's) trusted the Czech and Polish and Hungarian armies much less than they trusted the armies of the other parts of the Warsaw Pact. In 1968, the Soviet Army had to put down a rebellion in the Czech Republic that was called the "Prague Spring", see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prague_Spring

there was also a 1956 Hungarian Revolution that was crushed by the Soviet Army here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_Revolution_of_1956

and there was a similar "Solidarnosc" uprising in Poland in 1980, see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solidarity_(Polish_trade_union)

so the U.S.S.R. didn't want the Czechs, Poles and Hungarians to have the "best quality weapons" because they never knew when the Soviet Army would have to invade the Czechs, Poles or Hungarians and maybe even fight against the Czech, Polish or Hungarian army to crush a rebellion there.

For example, the U.S.S.R. only let the Polish Air Force have Mig-21 fighters while they gave East Germany much better Mig-29's because the KGB trusted the East German leadership more because the East Germany leadership consisted of descendants of Communist Germans who had run away from Germany in 1933 and fought on the side of the U.S.S.R. against the Third Reich in World War 2. Poland didn't get Mig-29's until after Germany decided to give away their Mig-29's to Poland for free (well, actually they sold the Migs for a price of 1 Euro each, maybe the equvalent of $2 USD for each Mig-29 fighter plane), see:

http://www.dw.com/en/german-polish-mig-29-transfer-complete/a-1287949-1
>>
File: FederManifesto.png (311KB, 1493x759px)
FederManifesto.png
311KB, 1493x759px
>>50059079
>It's a basic part of capitalism in decay (fascism) for betrayal to occur when profit is possible.

No, you are wrong, National Socialism fights against capitalism. Strasserism and Hitlerism are two different types of NatSoc that are both anti-capitalist but Hitlerism wanted to temporarily compromise with the capitalists for a little while to build up strength to defeat capitalism while Strasserism wanted to have a "Second Revolution" in 1933 that would immediately expropriate all of the capitalists and then replace the Reichswehr with a "People's Army" that would be similar to what Mao did in China. Of course you have no sources or citations to back up your false opinions, and to prove you wrong, I will quote to you a passage from the most important book ever written about National Socialism, which is Gottfried Feder's 1919 Manifesto:

quote-

>Whoever wishes to fight capitalism,
must abolish enslavement to interest [on loaned money].

The source is on page 26 of this book:

https://ia802709.us.archive.org/27/items/GottfriedFederManifestoForTheAbolitionOfInterestSlavery1919/Gottfried%20Feder%20-%20Manifesto%20for%20the%20Abolition%20of%20Interest-Slavery%20(1919).pdf

which is the most important book ever written about NatSoc (Gottfried Feder's 1919 Manifesto is the NatSoc equivalent of Marx's "Communist Manifesto):

National Socialism is an ideology created by Gottfried Feder and Dietrich Eckart that fights against capitalism similar to how Marxism is an ideology created by Marx and Lenin that fights against capitalism.
>>
>>50060058
I agree with the gist of your post but Czechs and Poles built their own licensed T72s. A T72M (even when they were new) is not really in the same category as a MiG29.

The DDR actually bought a lot of gear from other non Soviet Warsaw Pact members because USSR didn't have much extra to sell while they were upgrading their own army.
>>
File: T-55-girl-cz_2b3f9345.jpg (102KB, 640x827px) Image search: [Google]
T-55-girl-cz_2b3f9345.jpg
102KB, 640x827px
this thread needs less /pol/

and more /sex/....
>>
>>50060307
was this post you?

>>9534201
>>
>>50060058
This is correct except for the fact the USSR weren't the only ones making T-72s. The Poles and Czechs also were, and consequently had enough to equip brigade-to-division sized formations with quality stuff. The Hungarians you're very much right on, though, given they had no domestic manufacture and were a low priority export.
>>
Amusingly, the list of trustworthy communists is somewhat low; the GDR and Bulgaria were both fairly reliable, but Hungary, Poland, and Czechslovakia weren't and Romania refused to allow soviet troops to even transit through it's territory, so lol there. As a consequence they were still operating T-34s, though admittedly in reserve divisions.
>>
>>50058928
I want Stormfags to leave
>>
>>50060932
Overall:

Czechs: Five battalions of T-72s, mostly T-55s.
Poles: Four armour divisions of T-72s, mostly T-55s for motor infantry.
GDR: T-72s for panzerdivisions, T-55s for panzergrenadiers.
Romanians: 100% T-55s
Bulgarians: One battalion of T-72s per brigade.

Essentially, most of the warpac forces had T-72s present in their spearhead forces, and T-55s elsewhere or as the majority of their armour. Not doing a plastic T-55 would be ridiculous.
>>
>>50061185
Though bear in mind T-72s in foreign countries are likely Ms, which would have weaker armour... though I'm not sure how much weaker, given the T-72's quoted thicknesses seem to be thinner than the T-72 A or B's anyway.
>>
>>50060033
>not going full Wayne's World in honour of the true king of Battlefront.
>>
Got a random question I'm hoping our European friends could help me with.

I'm building a force based on the German 9th army's breakout during the final days of the war, where they made a run for the western lines to surrender.

The thing is, that time frame is kind of on the edge of winter/spring. I'm not really sure how to outfit my troops, and footage/photos of this time frame are kind of rare.

Would it make sense to have primarily winter equipped troops, men in summer uniforms, or a mix? I live in the USA so I have no idea how the weather tends to go over there, but over here, its not unheard of to see snow into April and or pretty chilly nights/mornings.

I figure since it's the end of the war, it would also just make sense to see a huge variety in uniforms as well, with some guys having greatcoats because that's just what's left, or vice versa if it's still pretty cold some guys just aren't as lucky and are stuck with summer uniforms.
>>
>>50061832
The T72Ms didn't have the T72A composite add-on on the turret cheeks, otherwise the protection would have been similar.
>>
>>50061843
Explain further
>>
>>50055010
Battlefront's too busy thinking about non-soviets, like usual. Oh well, I hope someone else beats them to the punch (once again!)
>>
>>50061873
https://www.worldweatheronline.com/lubben-weather-averages/brandenburg/de.aspx
>>
>>50061873
>At the end of April 1945 more than 40.000 people died in the Battle of the Halbe Pocket. The warm weather of the first days of May accelerated the decay of the dead bodies, so that they had to be buried quickly.
https://liberationroute.com/germany/place-of-interest/halbe-forest-cemetery
>>
File: BMP.jpg (478KB, 985x567px) Image search: [Google]
BMP.jpg
478KB, 985x567px
>>
>>50062348
It is honestly baffling how the brits got like three tanks in plastic and the entire warsaw pact needs two to cover 90% of their lists and we're missing one.
>>
>>49999073
>this means there's 20mm ones coming out as well
>my dick is diamonds
>>
>>50062024
The M was the equivalent of the Ural, not the A, which is also missing the hull armour reinforcement, rubber skirts, and NBC. You might be thinking of the M1, which is the upgraded M. In any case, the book's quoted stats for the T-72 under-egg it a bit, giving it only 270mm against KE when the only areas that're that weak to it are the immediate surroundings of the gun mantlet, cupola and a narrow part of the lower front plate.
>>
>>50065347
Simple: Battlefront didn't expect everyone to go "HOT FUCKING DAMN WE WANT US SOME TEAM YANKEE." So they produced a handful of plastics for each nation, some of which for the US were already out.

But then every Communist and his Dog wanted into the Third World War.
>>
>>50065426
Sure, but it's still baffling hey found room for five plastic kits for the brits. Warsaw pact seriously need the love at this stage, NATO is a far more vivid faction, and there's not even been a book that has them as protagonists yet.
>>
>>49996035
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuOVNMW0P2c
>>
>>50065414
Actually, I wonder if they did this to make the T-64 seem like an upgrade? In practise the armour was slightly weaker, even on the B. It's primary benefits are the improved fire control and missile functionality. T-72B and especially T-80U are going to be the real upgrades.
>>
>>50065483
Two of which are basically the same sprues I would suspect. Because the Striker and the Spartan are as to the Scimitar and the Scorpion as the ISU-152 and IS-122 are to the IS-2.

The British get four plastic kits, the Soviets got three, West Germans got three, and the USA has three. Basically everyone has a MBT, a APC/IFV and a Helicopter in plastic.
>>
>>50065552
But the East Germans won't, that's what I mean.
>>
>>50065609
As I said earlier, it's an important kit to get right. If they nail it they have the basis for the entire warpac down, so I don't mind them getting some time for it.

Also, I am hoping we get T-80Us, so I can play the always-fun tank simulator game of "Is this a T-72M or the far more terrifying T-80U? You have ten seconds to decide".
>>
>>50065668
So what's the primary advantage of the T-80U over the T-72M?

As far as I can see, it'll be as fast as the Abrams and the Leopard II, Thermal, Gun Missiles, ERA, slightly better autoloader(?), and Laser Rangefinder?
>>
>>50065552
Brit Bongs got 5.

Chieftain
FV432/Swingfire
Scorpian/Scimitar
Spartan/Blowpipe/Striker
Lynx

Battlefront has admitted they had a huge boner for Brits in TY and they had to pile on all the platic kits on for them. I am a little salty, but they did a great job with the brits and look forward to playing against them. That said, I am buying my initial T-55s from Old Glory (Command Decision). Saving about $5 USD per tank.

>>50065785
I think you covered most of the advantages. Armor reports for modern tanks are hard to make sense of but I think it is better armored. I think most of us Russian players are hoping for RoF 2 when not using missiles with the T-64 and T-80. We won't be seeing the T-80 any time soon though.
>>
>>50062052
Wayne's World is famous for the scene with four grown men in a small car singing Bohemian Rhapsody.
Wayne is the guy who does most of the painting tutorials on Battlefront's youtube
>>
>>50065785
T-80U is much better armoured than the T-72A anyway and is miles better than the stats printed in game.

The T-72A should probably be FA 17 anyway, since it's not leagues worse than the first Abrams. T-72B is a good 1-200mm thicker to KE depending on the location, and the T-80U is substantially moreso in most sites excepting the gun mantlet surround (and has also eliminated several areas that bulged out and weren't armoured as thickly), the hull in particular.
>>
>>50065785
>>50066057
Oh, and Songster should probably be AT 22/23.
>>
>>50066057
>T-55s from Old Glory (Command Decision).
Mind photographing these, when you get them? I've considered the buy but I've had CD's King Tigers and really wasn't impressed.

>>50065785
The T-72 in game does have a rangefinder though?
>>
>>50067519
>Mind photographing these, when you get them? I've considered the buy but I've had CD's King Tigers and really wasn't impressed.

Sure thing! When I get them in I will do a little review and put it up on here. Probably won't be for a couple of weeks, because my FLGS hasn't submitted the order yet.
>>
File: Krasny Bor.jpg (170KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Krasny Bor.jpg
170KB, 1600x800px
Cold weather bump (it's dropped below 60 degrees F here in San Francisco!)
>>
>>50069125

>Fahrenheit

That's about 16 C for grownups
>>
>>50069299
WTF? That's not even cold.
>>
>>50069299
Fahrenheit is kinda nice because all the outdoor temperatures you're likely to experience aren't crammed into a narrow band. It's basically:

<0: people shouldn't live here
0-32: below freezing
32-50: cold
50-60: chilly
60-70: nice, on the cool side
70-80: nice, on the warm side (room temp. is ~70)
80-90: hot
90-100: hella hot (body temp. is 98.6)
100+: people shouldn't live here

Yes, it's stupid that freezing is 32 and not 30 or maybe even zero (some people like not having to use negative temperatures for weather they commonly experience). But I like how the upper end works. It's a similar scale to school grades (marks): anythign above 60 is acceptable.
>>
>>50069535
That's numerically inefficient though. Why use a span of 10 numbers when 3-5 would do. And negative figures are useful, because it's a clear indication that you're well into the bullshit section of winter weather.
>>
>>50069535
It's a fucking stupid scale for anything beyond your fuzzy feelings (and those are mostly because you're used to it)
>>
>>50069125
>60°F
That's not cold anon...
>>
>>50069125
thats cute, Kentucky is having a heat wave, we hit 85 yesterday
>>
File: IMG_0512.jpg (120KB, 1024x444px)
IMG_0512.jpg
120KB, 1024x444px
>Metric vs Imperial

You guys are weak. The real fight is biscuits vs biscuits.

Also, we need a new thread.
>>
>>50070237
man I love biscuits
>>
>>50070237

It's up >>50070467
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.