[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 373
Thread images: 57

File: 1475301356200.jpg (269KB, 1034x775px) Image search: [Google]
1475301356200.jpg
269KB, 1034x775px
Battle zone fenris part 2 when edition.

>Rules
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
First for aspiring sorcerers will always be bad
>>
>>49989484
Next month or Early December.
>>
Did a base coat. Going to put a wash on it, then necron compound, typhus corosion and ryza rust.
>>
What does a competitive Khorne Daemonkin looks like ? Planning to expanding my CSM collection.
>>
>>49989613
>>
>>49989484
I'm more interested in Fires of Cyraxus. I want my 40k Automatons in my holy Cybernetica mudercohorts, OP.
>>
File: 1475281248341.png (1MB, 982x690px) Image search: [Google]
1475281248341.png
1MB, 982x690px
RESTOCK CULTIST ACOLYTES GW CMON!
>>
>>49989649
>>
>>49989650
I'm the other way around, I want a way too slowly start 30k (because expensive) and still be able to play medium points games with my new stuff.
So what are we expecting to be in Fires of Cyraxis in March? I'm hoping for Thallax, Ursarax and Triaros, just for more mobility, but I fear it will just be more giant robots for me to not use because Knights are cooler and less cheesy in small numbers. Would really inspire me to properly make a Mechanicum army if I could use it along with my 40k stuff.
Also hoping the Admech eventually get a plastic box like the Legions, perhaps DarkMech vs Solar Auxilia just to get the two armies that aren't Bloody Spess Muhreens done, but that will never happen.
>>
>so many youtube channels with x tutorial
>they have a lot of effort put into them
>last upload: 1-3 years ago
this always makes me sad
>>
>>49989644
as few csm as possible. Only bikers, too
>>
File: Marine.jpg (47KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Marine.jpg
47KB, 400x500px
Any idea what to name my Imperial Fist successors?
>>
>>49989794
The Fist Fists
>>
>>49989794
Their battlecry should definitely be Take the Fist!
>>
>>49989794

Piss and Vomit marines
>>
>>49989774
Yhea I kinda figured that part out.

The gorepack is a must have for sure. What do you think about a couple of Maulerfiends for some efficient anti-tank ?
>>
>>49989794
yellow dragons
>>
>>49989764

>200 views

Why didn't you protect their smile?
>>
Is the Zzapp gun ever work taking?

I keep hearing it derided as the Ork version of a plasma gun.
>>
>>49989794
The Phalanx, Sons of Dorn, Golden Fists?
>>
File: 1464761301767.jpg (45KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1464761301767.jpg
45KB, 600x800px
>>49989909
>guy posting about his conversions and wip dark angel pre-heresy army
>he sounds so happy about it, goes really in-depth
>less than a thousand views and 4 years ago, his last video was 3 years ago
>>
>>49989919
IIRC, that has strength 2d6? So an average of S7 like a plasma, with a good chance to be mildly better vs. the types of targets should be firing it at, and an equal one to be worse and/or completely useless through to having S2, and it costs far more than a plasma gun despite being fired with Ork BS.
>>
>>49989884
It's sandy yellow, not piss yellow.
>>
>>49989919
It's okay, you're better off with rokkits IMOO, or shokk attack guns
>>
>>49989895
i never played KdK. But generally maulerfiends only work in pairs as one gets shot down easily

Personally I prefer lasher as they give survivability against melee attackers. Especially againt Imperial knights dreadnaughts etc.
>>
Ever since I found out there is are official admech armies I've been thinking about getting back into 40k. Used to play oldcrons a long while ago. So are AdMech/ Skitaari worth playing or fun to play. My biggest worry is that as soon as I buy in again 40k is going to get Age of Sigmar'd.
>>
>>49989895
Not him but I've always thought that the melta cutters are very good at killing vehicles, and the maulerfiend can't really go toe-to-toe with other walkers because WS/I3. It also doesn't have the attacks to kill infantry, so you should basically use it as a heavy infantry (i.e. broadside or terminators without chainfists) or static vehicle hunter.
>>
>>49990147
The "one of everything" formation is really really good
If 8th is age of the emperor I can imagine a lot of people are going to stick to 7th... People in my area still play 5th so any of that kind of investment isn't lost normally
>>
>>49990147
There are two Ad Mech players at my shop and we usually have fun games, especially since they don't go full cheese with warconvo (or moreso can't go full cheese).

They have a good range of models that fit a lot of fun roles in your army between both of the codex.

Not sure how true the rumor is but they always talk about getting a new combined codex with a transport, a flier and some other missing pieces but I don't know how true any of that is.
>>
>>49990147
Admech are an excellent army at a solid upper-middle tier power level, although they lack certain options such as transports and flyers, they have stupidly powerful guns and excellent medium infantry, as well as some of the most powerful troops choices in the game, that are more akin to artillery platforms than heavy infantry. The two factions are usually allied together as they cover a good deal of each others weaknesses. You can always ally in others for transport, anyways. They are getting a boost in March from an upcoming Forge World book that will supposedly allow you to use some of the 30k Mechanicum units on 40k Admech armies.
I personally give no credence to the rumours of a possible "Age of Emperor", but apparently the next edition will be somewhat simplified, which could be a good or bad thing depending on your point of view.
>>
>>49989613
>>49989649
Killa kan i assume?

This reminds me of the security things from Abe's exodus
>>
>>49990289
Nope. Mega deff dread.
>>
>want to get people to buy stuff from LGS just getting into 40k
>don't want people to buy 40k because it's a convoluted shitstorm right now

These feels hurt
>>
>>49990323
My friends are taking to it quite well, have you considered not accommodating to idiots?

Even my girlfriend is learning.

The trick is not to throw it all at them at once, I have played so many boring mini games of 3-5man bolter tac squad vs. 3-5man bolter tac squad so many times to teach the basic stuff.
>>
>>49990209
>>49990236
>>49990238
Thanks for the info, I'll go check my LGS to see if the community is alive and probably give in to Omnissiah.
>>
>>49990364

It's a moral thing, man.
>>
File: DSC00017.jpg (482KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00017.jpg
482KB, 1600x1200px
>muffled cyka blyat in the distance
>>
>>49990478
Why is that guy wearing a gas mask when he won't live long enough to succumb to any toxins in the atmosphere
>>
Why does IG armour suck balls
>>
>>49990364
Seconding this. When I do games for new players, I tend to go maximum fluff, low points, and try to have a mix of various units types. Luckily vanilla csm is a good intro dex
>>
>>49990500
Nah he'll be the lone surviving guardsman of his squad, fail morale and run off the board
>>
>>49989484
Are there new rumors? I want to see what the big story is going to be and how it ties into the release of Daemon Primarch Magnus.
>>
>>49990565
Black Crusade reaches Terra.
>>
>>49990522
Because you touch yourself at night.
>>
>>49990583
Just as Nids get there for ultimate shitfest

(this will never happen)
>>
>>49990522
It doesn't, everyone else is just wearing superfuture plate armour, magic psycho-reactive nanoplastics or exosuits, all of which would be far too resource expensive to fit the entire Astra Militarum with.
>>
>>49990522
Are you playing the same army as me?
>>
File: vanquisher.jpg (59KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
vanquisher.jpg
59KB, 800x680px
>>49990522
What now?
>>
My friend was wonder how you would kit out footslogged crusader squads with Grimaldus as the HQ, any one have any suggestions?
>>
Anyone have experience with the legion of the damned miniatures?

I'm wondering how friendly they are to weapon swaps, especially the cool flamer toting marine with the brazier backpack. Cause, yknow, flamers are kinda redundant when you got ignores cover everything.
>>
>>49990602
Chaos reaches that deep the same time Hive Fleet Leviathan does, then a Necron Tomb World awakens in the middle of it all, then Comorragh and a Craftworld get somehow shit out into there too.

Then a crusade is declared into the colossal mess.

The Tau continue to be irrelevant.
>>
>>49990652
i hate this longass cannon. the gw vanquisher looks way better,

sorry had to get it ofmy chest
>>
>>49990733
i only have two, but from my limited experience i would say extremly unfriendly. Might help if they are finecast since choppin metal is ehh
>>
File: vanquisher.jpg (59KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
vanquisher.jpg
59KB, 800x680px
>>49990791
I pity your shit taste.
>>
>>49990838
Dang. Ill be using resin but I was hoping the gun wouldnt be built to the chest. Maybe I can hand swap one of the guys with one handed bolters, but I really want that cool back pack.
>>
>>49990849
you know in WWII armor designers often preferred smaller cannons over longass cannons as the longass cannons tend to get stuck in trees houses and similar obstacles when they turn around.
>>
>walk into local GW after work to play game with a friend
>we recently met in a tournament and he wanted a grudge match
>I arrive and he had been playing against a space wolves army that was 8 Thunderwolves (2 named characters), th/ss terminators, and a space wolf shoe flyer
>1500 points of unbound garbage
>my friend had to drop his war convo so his upgrades weren't free
>loses to the space wolf dude somehow
>dude gets cocky, probably been here all day beating up kids
>asks me to play
>"sure"
>whip out free transport lion's blade and a bunch of ravenwing stuff
>3 turns later space wolf guy is complaining about the dice, the mission, rhinos, flying vehicles, formations, hit and run, zealot
>"sorry, I thought about this army so it kinda pays off in the end"
>space yiff loses his shit
>concedes
>"I'll be back with land raiders! You'll see!"

Tl;dr I enacted justice as was Johnson's will
How has your game helped your gaming group, /40kg/?
>>
>>49990885
Which is why cannons became smaller over the course of the war, naturally.

Oh wait

That barrel isn't even that long compared to tank destroyer gun barrels of that time, which is what a Vanquisher is; not a general purpose battle tank.
>>
File: 20140227_184410-1.jpg (633KB, 1600x1167px) Image search: [Google]
20140227_184410-1.jpg
633KB, 1600x1167px
>>49990881
built to the chest? its more the arms are fixed and chopped at a convinient place which is different for each model.

pic related
>>
>>49990885
This would be the exact reason that the calibre of guns increased throughout the war? With the Germans going from L/24 to L/43 to L/48 for their 75mm anti tank gun.

The allies also did the same with their 75&76mm guns going from L/31 to L/40 some going as high as L/55, 57mm guns going from L/43 to L/50.

I do look forward to your reply and complete misunderstanding of what calibre entails regarding artillery.
>>
>>49990958
they did this to improve armor penetration, I am fully aware.
/remembers the scene in Kelly's Heroes where the Tiger could not turn the turret/
>>
>>49990885
[Citation Needed]

Which designers?
Which tanks?
Which cannons?

Examples please.
>>
>>49990652
It's amazing how much better this tank looks with just a tiny amount of slimming down.
>>
>>49990981
Show me a single tank during the war that decreased the barrel length. I can think of one example.
>>
>>49990981
>I saw kellys heroes once
>Therefore WW2 tank developers after watching Kellys heroes decided that all the advantages such as accuracy and increased penetration were completely useless in comparison to turning the tanks turret in an urban fucking environment.

Please stop.
>>
>>49990527
>tfw maximum fluff is also cheese
>mfw
>>
>>49990900
I beat the shit out of a Tau player with 2k of heresy Night Lords, Batman fucking rapes riptides a new asshole with all those instant death wounds and his budget farsightbomb whiffed enough to not quite kill batman+raptor crew, who survived, IWND'd twice over the rest of the game and murdered the lot of them
>>
>>49990982
>>49990992

Never said they got shorter, i said they often preferred a shorter barrel, especially early in the war.

here is the scene btw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUxaX__3NKA
>>
>>49991087
>Never said they got shorter, i said they often preferred a shorter barrel, especially early in the war.

Who are they? Who preferred it? Which vehicles did they prefer it on? Are you sure that it isn't literally due to technological limitations of the period? Don't you think that if they could mount a longer gun they could?

Do you have ANY evidence that a designer chose a shorter barrel over a longer one at any time when they were available?
>>
>>49990936
Oho. Thanks for the sprue.
>>
>>49991087
I'm going to make it simple.

Name a single vehicle where this happened.
>>
>>49991061

When people say "Fluffy list" that can be cheese too.

I never understood why anyone assumed that doesn't mean cheese.

Riptide Wings, Wraith Hosts, mass Tzeentch Daemons and what not on the table are perfectly fluffy given what I've seen in the lore.
>>
>>49991061
Just don't spam Malific Daemonology. Problem solved.
>>
>>49991159
early panzer IV who were actually intended to fight entrenched positions rather than tanks.
>>
>>49991216
Lemme tell ya right now, Id rather fight summon spam than 2++ rerollable tzeentch incursion using pure new tzeentch powers. Jetbike heralds with d shooting and turbo boosting with mass s7 horror shooting and kairos is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>49991266
Okay lets see how

>you know in WWII armor designers often preferred smaller cannons over longass cannons as the longass cannons tend to get stuck in trees houses and similar obstacles when they turn around.

Translates into:

>We need a smaller velocity gun to fire high explosive shells as the higher the velocity of a gun the less effective the high explosive shells are.

Nope. Don't quite see how that one fits into the argument.

Show me ONE fucking tank that had a shorter barrel exclusively because they didn't want it to hit trees, houses and other bullshit.

Since you literally can't do that. Don't bother.
>>
>>49989794
Iron fists
>>
>>49991320
unfortunately text in german, hencei did not post earlier

Panzer 3 Model J
"

Ausführung J

Bei der Ausf. J wurde erstmals die lange 5-cm-Kanone eingebaut

Als sich während der ersten Kampfeinsätze an der Ostfront zeigte, dass auch die Durchschlagskraft der kurzen 5-cm-Kanone nur unbefriedigend war und diese Waffe keine Leistungsreserven besaß, wurde erstmals die lange 5-cm-KwK 39 mit ihren 60 Kaliberlängen in den letzten 1076 Exemplaren der Serie der „Ausführung J“ eingebaut. Diese zwischen März 1941 und Juli 1942 hergestellte Version erreichte mit 2616 produzierten Exemplaren die höchste Stückzahl dieser Baureihe. Auch wurden alle zur Generalüberholung ins Reich verlegten Panzer III auf die neue Kanone umgerüstet. Diese relativ durchschlagskräftige Waffe wäre schon zum Zeitpunkt der Umrüstung auf die kurze 5-cm-Kanone ab der Ausführung F verfügbar gewesen, jedoch verzichtete das Heereswaffenamt aus taktischen Gründen auf deren Einbau, da das Rohr stark über das Seitenprofil des Panzers hinausragte und man deswegen Einschränkungen der Beweglichkeit in bewachsenem und bebautem Gelände befürchtete.[14] "
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerkampfwagen_III#Ausf.C3.BChrungen
Minor translation:
They changed the 5cm gun to a longer barreled version after the shorter did not reach expectations. This relativly powerful weapon was available earlier but due to tactical considerations leading to limitations in densely built areas they did not use it.
>>
Can you have too many Chimeras?
>>
>>49991275
Shitter detected. Summonspam is the more competitive build.
>>
>>49991397
They put the 75mm L/24 on the Panzer III for the same fucking reason as it was on the Panzer IV you idiot. They wanted a tank that could fire an effective high explosive round.

The Panzer III was becoming obsolete as its 50mm gun had insufficient penetration - so why not reuse the tank in a role needed? Why not reverse the roles with the Panzer IV which now mounted the 75mm L/43 or L/48 instead of the L/24.

Now show me

ONE TANK

that had a shorter barrel exclusively so that it didn't hit trees, houses, walls and other bullshit.

Show me. You're arguing that it was favored because of that reason. Show me a tank that had it for that reason. Right now you have nothing.
>>
>>49991446
I currently have 17

So... yes?
>>
>>49991476
First of, try to read.
Second dont call people idiots if you fail to do so.

The text talks about two different 5cm guns,
the 5cm/KwK 38 with 42 calibre lengths
the 5cm/KwK 39 with 60 calibre lengths
the former which have been used in Panzer3 Model F onwards and the latter in Model J

The Panzer 3 with the short barreled 7.5 was the model N, for your information.

Since I atm cannot be arsed to translate everything myself here is google translate

In version J, the long 5 cm cannon was installed for the first time

The first 5 cm KwK 39 with its 60 caliber lengths in the last 1076 was shown for the first time during the first combat campaign on the eastern front, that the force of the short 5 cm cannon was also unsatisfactory and that this weapon had no power reserves Copies of the "J series". This version produced between March 1941 and July 1942 reached the highest number of this series with 2616 copies produced. All the Panzer III, which had been transferred to the Reich for the general overhaul, were also converted to the new cannon. This relatively powerful weapon would have been available at the time of the conversion to the short 5 cm cannon from version F onwards, but the Army Army Office refrained from installing it due to tactical reasons because the pipe greatly surpassed the side profile of the tank Of mobility in overgrown and cultivated terrain. [14] "
>>
File: cunt.gif (479KB, 370x263px) Image search: [Google]
cunt.gif
479KB, 370x263px
>>49991531
Congratulations.

You have found a single tank.

Now all you have to is argue that armor designers other than Daimler-Benz (because your making a claim about multiple instances by using often and it could imply multiple companies) preferred shorter over longer.

Good job in taking one isolated instance and applying a blanket rule. I sincerely hope that you take the knot.
>>
File: BA get an update.gif (110KB, 140x139px) Image search: [Google]
BA get an update.gif
110KB, 140x139px
>>49990791

People have a right to their opinions, but yours is simply awful.
>>
>>49991633
No, I did provide information that this has been seriously taken into consideration and did influence the design of a major tank in WW2.
I do not intend to write a masters thesis on tank guns to satisfy you. I am not your fetchdog.
>>
>>49991749
You provided information on ONE vehicle. When you use the word often it implies multiple times.

For instance "I often use my car to go to work". If I used my car ONCE to go to work that statement would be incorrect.

You made a fucking claim. You get to prove your fucking claim. Don't get pissy when you give one example and it isn't good enough.

Show me that it was a common occurrence outside of one instance or frankly fuck off.
>>
>>49991275

Don't forget d3 St10 Ap2 shots or a S6 Ap3 torrent flamer from the exalted flamers.

The D power is warp charge 3 assault 1. It's not like it can be spammed. The real problem with screamer star is that they can ALSO summon.

>>49991191

My problem is that I don't want to be cheese; I just want to field my hoard of horrors. It just so happens to be extremely cheesy. If I wanted to play pure Khorne, it wouldn't be cheesy to field just as many Bloodletters. In fact, it would probably be dog shit.

>>49991216

Even without Malific, it gets out of hand. You single handedly dominate the psychic phase by drowning the opponent in deny dice and having enough dice of your own to power over theirs.
>>
>>49991795
Not even the guy you're replying to, but you sound incredibly booty-blasted that this kid found a reasonable piece of evidence to back up his assertion. If I was him I wouldn't go and find more unless you wired me some money. Cunt.
>>
Models that come base with storm bolters now get special issue ammo. Grey Knights could get some psychic or blessed ammo instead.

Models that can buy storm bolters can buy special issue ammo for them for 5 pts.

Does this make storm bolters worth considering as an upgrade?

Also, as an aside: Does Tank Hunter apply to grav "armor pen?" It would make sense, but grav's roll isn't called an armor pen roll AND it'd be one more reason to take it.
>>
>>49991991
I'd spam daemonettes if I were you. Seekers make good specialists, but for a CC list you NEED more bodies.
>>
>>49991800
Yeah. I feel bad for my friend who legitimately enjoys pure tzeentch daemons, but can't get a good game where he isn't significantly more powerful.

I kinda wish stuff like librarians, the so called defense against the Empyrean, were actually good for that purpose. Not much you can deny with a maximum 8 die against 40 warp charge.
>>
>>49992043
So what, 18 of them, Alluress Upgrade, Standard, similar specialisations?

Or should I cut the upgrades in favour of more bodies?
>>
Most unused/skipped over rule?

My vote goes for multiple charges. The explanation in the book itself is chaotic and the situation seems like it'd be pretty rare.
>>
>>49992088
Building Damage
>>
>>49989909
I posted on a 5 year old video that had no comments and in the 15 minute 200 views video he repeated 5 times that he wanted the viewers opinion on it. I told him they looked good and the next day he said thank you.
>>
Serious question.

40K 3rd Edition.
What's the point in Space Marine Veterans at 18pts a piece if you can roll regular Space Marines at 15pts a piece? The only stat difference is Vets are 9LD and RegMarines are LD8.

Am I missing something?
>>
3 commissars (pf, pw, boltpistol)
9 auto cannon teams
6 las cannon teams
3 rocket launcher teams
1 primaris psycher
1 Kell (lost creed)
6 meltas
5 plasma
7 flamers
51 lasguns
7 vox casters
16 pistol/chainsword leader peoples (1 plasma pistol, 1 bolt pistol, 1pf, 1pw)
1 flag guy
2 snipers
1 medic
3 dudes I fake as priests
1 scout sentinel
3 hellhounds
4 chimeras (one unbuilt)
2 basilisks
1 leman russ
5 Rough riders
Ageis walls

I have 28 standing bodies, 2 kneeling bodies, and a a bunch of bits. What should I do with them?
>>
>>49992194
Leadership used to actually matter to MEQs in 3rd edition.
>>
>>49992233
I came on board at the tail end of 5th. I think I may have enjoyed 3rd Ed more.

Chaos Marines are a bit mental, but the whole game has more of a small Skirmish-Wargame feeling and it was colourful as all fuck.
>>
>>49991800
You're correct about it being brutal for other solo-psyker armies to even get a power off.

The whole "I can't even deny your powers thing" is fucking retarded. Why should the opponent have a significant chance to deny a significant number of my powers? I still have to successfully manifest them, and hit, and wound, and get through their saves.
>>
>>49992215
>lost creed

No, anon. He has hidden himself from you to force you to take charge without him and become the next TACTICAL GENIUS. for in His wisdom, the Creed knows that it is more important than ever to preserve His knowledge and TACTICAL GENIUS in another.

Then, on the third battle, he will rise from the lost, appearing from a bush atop a Warhound Scout Titan at the right hand of the Golden Throne.
>>
>>49991895
Just make Storm Bolters Salvo 2/4. Give Grey Knights their own special bolters, like the BA with the Angelus.
>>
File: IMG_20160930_170529.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160930_170529.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>49989794
>>49991387
I like that name
>>
>>49992264
3rd felt really bare-bones. The codexes were tiny pamphlets and you could see on the damn models all the wargear that had rules in the previous edition but was just generic in the current.
>>
>>49992215
I told you, lasguns!
>>
>>49992080
you got some super fast t3 daemons going for the enemy's throat, i'd want more bodies if i were you
>>
>>49990652
Personally, I think this longass cannon looks like crap. It's long, and little else. A huge section of it has not greeble and is in desperate need of at least a couple kill bars. And the unfortunate fact that it's resin means its prone to very obvious deformation. However THIS
>>49990849
Longass cannon is awesome. I think its the steadily decreasing diameter of the gun that does it; That and the flatter gun mantlet give it a "Tiger-y" feel.

As for the GW barrels, I just use the vanquisher barrels exclusively. I don't know why but the regular battle cannon just feels a bit too short for me. Kinda Ironic, given that I'm trying to make "Space-Shermans" and most M4 varients used a short-barreled gun anyways.
>>
>>49991488
Do you ever field them all?

Outside of Apocalypse
>>
>>49991488
So give a couple flamer turrets and you can make 3 Emp's blade formations.

Now you can confuse your enemy by putting all your objectives on HIS side of the table, and when he moves up to claim them your entire army gets preferred enemy! Like Markerlight land mines!

A stupid Idea in reality but a guardsman can dream.
>>
So, when are you supposed to stop buying the models?
>>
would kill team be a good introduction into warhammer 40k or is something like battle of calth a better thing?.... or should I say yolo and play guild ball
>>
>>49992310

I get that. My big issue is I have a Sperg friend that I try to include because he's not in the best place right now.

He plays Eldar, but it is old eldar. No jet bikes, 5 metal wraith guard, a single wraith lord, a Walker, rangers, dire avengers, banshees, scorpions, hawks, bunch of fire dragons, a farseer, 2(?) warlocks, at least 2 prisms, and a few serpents. Like, I know he has enough to field 5th edition meta eldar, but has a total of like 3000 points.

I try examining to him that my psychic shit is my shooting, and I think he is starting to get that. However, he hates that his psykers are worthless, and I understand that.
>>
>>49992577
When you have enough to play games but haven't painted them all yet, that is when you stop. You should've painted the models first but now that you have a couple thousand point's worth you have no excuse to not paint but keep buying. No excuse other than "I'm lazy as fuck"
>>
File: 1443120545331.jpg (31KB, 600x337px)
1443120545331.jpg
31KB, 600x337px
>>49992584
>eldar psykers useless

has he seen the eldar powers? runes of fate offers just about everything you could want in a support psyker
>>
>>49992615
But anon I always paint my models before buying more. I just don't know when to stop because I'm at about 4000 with just one army.
>>
>>49991446
Looks like you don't.
>>
>>49992640
for my chaos daemons i stopped buying after i got enough for all the things i wanted to try. i made the mistake of buying a box of nid gargoyles to convert into furies but i got bored of the idea and now i'm gonna return them for a box of eldar guardians i guess
>>
>>49992637

Thanks for joining the conversation! We're talking how Tzeentch daemons get buckets of dice and can easily overpower the psychic phase from both sides. It has nothing to do with the overall usefulness of a Farseer, but rather the oppressiveness of the daemons psychic phase nulling that usefulness.
>>
File: wut da zog.png (73KB, 216x282px) Image search: [Google]
wut da zog.png
73KB, 216x282px
>>49992674
>I've got enough boyz for a Green Tide and a half
>Just bought another two boxes last week
The thing that makes it seem weird is that every other person I've met has 2 or more armies and I'm the only one that sticks to one exclusively.
HELP
>>
>>49992640
In that case I recommend buying new models to replace old models, instead of buying new models to increase army size. High time to upgrade your old squads by adding guys with new skin colors, more unique poses, extra purity seals and doodads, and better bases. Plus, your painting has probably gotten better, so now your army as a whole will do better.
>>
>>49992584
I think the best fix would just be to limit the number of DtW dice you can throw at a power to double the number of dice spent on on that power.

Alternately, you could include some sort of Perils for Deny the Witch, but that starts getting strange fast.
>>
>>49992399
>dubs

FINE THEN.

Also I've been busy with lawschool midterms so I haven't done anything but wash things in simple green with nothing to show for it but a few half black models.

>>49992314
I will carry on the tactical genious. I will scout as many things as I can.
>>
File: 4c5ec9ba23238b1a19e744ea143bc2a1.jpg (158KB, 726x1024px) Image search: [Google]
4c5ec9ba23238b1a19e744ea143bc2a1.jpg
158KB, 726x1024px
>>49992727
Why so many boyz?
>>
>>49992756
Oh, and while your at it, use your old models for terrain and shit. Spray the old rhino with hairspray and paint rust on it. Maybe drill a nice gaping hole in the front with a power drill. Then wash the spray off. Tada! A wreck to replace destroyed vehicles on the battlefield OR a piece of terrain.

Rip apart old guys at the seams and glue the parts onto the sides of a crater!
>>
Since GW gave Genestealer cults The Leman Russ, is it possible they could give Chaos the Basilisk again?

I don't understand why they took that from the Iron Warriors when they're still using the things in the lore.
>>
>>49991488
I'd think anything beyond 8 is overkill.

Whats the point of putting regular guardsmen in metal boxes?

2 CCS and 6 VETS is all you need for chimeras, unless you run karsakin or something.
>>
>>49992710
>coddling the retards incapable or unwilling to follow a conversation
Stop that.
>>49992637
Why don't you read the conversation instead of seeing "Eldar" and getting triggered like a bitch?
>>
>>49992834

Giving SWS squads a ride to do drive-bys with (and before you suggest using Vets instead, that's more of a "If you have spare Chims from DSing Scion squads and already use platoons+SWS and don't have the points to do a full vet squad in addition...")
>>
>>49992778

I mentioned he's a sperg, right? He doesn't want a handicap. I have been slowly branching out into more daemons. Currently, I have 20 Letters, 10 Nettes, and am thinking about ordering a Nurgle Box.

The problem then is that its still eldar, and they'll still destroy with any amount of wiggle room. Like, one time we had a rules issue where a flamer template went through some ruins. The unit was visible on the other side and in range, but didn't know how to go about it. I let it go and didn't fire it. Then I got swept in assaults the following turn because I went easy on him.

>>49992868

But I like sarcasm.
>>
>>49992824
Because shaking a 5-gallon bucket of boyz onto the table for an apocalypse game is a joy most don't get to partake in.
>>
File: 1467679876472.jpg (173KB, 808x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1467679876472.jpg
173KB, 808x1024px
>>49992824
If you have to ask that question then you wouldn't understand.
>>
>>49992824

The game punishes you for not having a lot?
>>
>>49992756
You know, I was getting sick of my old scheme.
I was going to just use a bunch of simple green in an effort to save money.
But after "cleaning" 40 boyz I'd rather just buy 4 more boxes...
Now I just have to decide what klan is best...
>>
>>49992953
I have a bucket for my troop choice nids that I keep next to the table in apocolypse games. Only problem is I have this subconcious reflex that when a player from the enemy team looks me in the eyes I start to reach for the bucket. Its like fuck i know whats going to happen, its a juicy nid horde for your plates, you dirt fuck.
>>
>>49993125

I want to redo my Sisters army, but the thought of stripping, cleaning, and repainting that many models that I already painted once hurts my soul.
>>
File: IMG_8871.jpg (1MB, 3583x2649px)
IMG_8871.jpg
1MB, 3583x2649px
>>49993157
I just did about 20 guardsmen and some sprue in simple green for 2 days. Whatever primer I used on the sprue and half the dudes didn't really come off. I feel defeated. I want to properly base them white, but I know that original base coat will most likely just clog the detail more than my shitty paint jobs already do.
>>
>>49993157
At least metal is easy to strip. Just dunk it in acetone for a day.
>>
File: freakazoid.png (206KB, 437x331px) Image search: [Google]
freakazoid.png
206KB, 437x331px
>>49993193
>people that prime on the sprue
>>
>>49993193
That's what my boyz looked like after 4 weeks in simple green. I'm just going to cut my losses and move on.
>>
How many fortifications can you take per CAD?
>>
>>49993206
I found isopropyl alcohol just about as good. Acetone is fucking nasty. I got a whiff of once and it felt like my lungs were fucked up for the rest of the day.
>>
Should I buy a tank or a Dreadnought for my Iron Hands? I wouldnt know what tank I really want to get.
>>
>>49993226
I learned that part the hard way which is why I'm fucking dunking the sprue in the first place.
>>49993230
A-as l-long as they're a b-blob of c-color it d... doesn't matter for us horde armies!
>>49993238
Look at the picture in the rule book for CADs
>>
>>49993291
Dread, tanks just don't cut it unless they are from FW for marines
>>
>>49993305
Not even Whirlwinds or Vindicators? Do you know the best load outs for the different Dreads too? Im kind of thinking of getting an Ironclad.
>>
>>49993206

I was told brake cleaner works, too.

Part of the problem is that I just primed about 40 models that I need to paint as well, most of which are my second army. The other part is crippling depression. I got one of my 40 models done, and it took like 10 hours. Realizing I need to do that 39 more times, is the ones I already had primed, plus the really model I want to look good, plus at least one immolator is overwhelming.

The good news is that I can paint the sisters I have primed a different scheme, which I still haven't decided on yet.
>>
>>49989794
THE DOUBLE FISTS

>DOUBLE THE FISTS
>DOUBLE THE POWER
>DOUBLE THE PURITY
>DOUBLE THE FUN
>>
>>49993252
I just stripped some ebay rescue SoB and tried isopropyl alcohol first. It got some off, but most of it stayed on.

Acetone got it off without a problem.

Just do it in a well ventilated area or outside.
>>
>>49993326
Do them in batches and set your standards lower. The catharsis of the hobby is in the action of doing, not the dopamine rush of completion, which by your post sounds like you don't get. You'll always think the model could have been better. So just do some fun painting instead of funposting
>>
>>49993297
>A-as l-long as they're a b-blob of c-color it d... doesn't matter for us horde armies!
While a lot of people would actually agree on this, I want the self satisfaction of fielding a high quality Ork army.
>>
>>49993326
>break cleaner

Jesus Christ, don't do this. Gasoline will also strip paint (from metal, it dissolves plastic). Don't do that either.
>>
>>49993381
I found I had to scrub them either way, and scrubbing acetone is just vile.
>>
Building a Mechanicus list with skitarii allies at 1000 points, with the requirement for an allied detachment being 1 HQ and 1 troop, how would I have to use them?
>>
>>49993326
dude dont use brake cleaner. that would be stupid.
>>
>>49993588
skitarii can't do ally detachment (or CAD) since they lack an HQ, but their battle maniple requires only 2 troop
>>
File: Serasup.jpg (26KB, 251x432px) Image search: [Google]
Serasup.jpg
26KB, 251x432px
>>49993383

>Do them in batches and set your standards lower.

Why would I lower my standards when I know that I can meet a certain quality? That quality isn't professional quality as is, but I get impatient and rush when I shouldn't.

>The catharsis of the hobby is in the action of doing, not the dopamine rush of completion, which by your post sounds like you don't get.

I like looking at a completed army, but I especially like people's reactions when they see a fully(mostly) painted Sisters army. It's like finding a unicorn for them.

>You'll always think the model could have been better. So just do some fun painting instead of funposting

Half the reason I want to repaint my old models is because I rushed them for a tournament like 7 years ago. Pic related is one of the better ones, but the paint is still too thick. I think some of it was dry brushed, too.
>>
>>49993467
I did too, but rubber gloves and a denture brush (they're super stiff) made it quick work.
>>
File: IMG_0373 (1).jpg (258KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0373 (1).jpg
258KB, 3264x2448px
>>49993297
>>49993384
>All the Loyalist Marines, Skittari, and Tau players at my LGS play unpainted 2000 point game
>I play with only fully painted models at 750 points.
>And I'm a guard player.

I may lose, I may not even be a good painter! But nobody can say I'm lazy!
>>
How would you guys model Silas Alberac? Considering doing Space Marines: Exorcists as my 4th army sometime down the road.
>>
>>49993322
Anyone that recommends a dreadnought is retarded
They're useless
If you're going iron hands you should go with a bike star
>>
>>49993868
Im personally avoiding bikes. Im not a huge fan of the bikes. I understand that theyre better, but I cant get behind them.
>>
>>49993868
But what if I was want to run 4 dreadnaughts with my mech IG? Don't the blood angels have some formation I can use? Doesn't that mean I have to buy not only the blood angel codex but also whatever supplement that formation is in? Just to run my 4 extra assault on black reach dreadnaughts?
>>49993841
That feel, I know it well.
>>
File: 20161027_211233.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161027_211233.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
What melee should I give my troupe master?

Doubles decides
>>
>>49993841
those look pretty acceptable
>>
>>49993883
It's just a more consistent route
Having IWND on your vehicles generally doesn't matter because they die before you get to use the rule
If it's a MUST that you take vehicles, you'll be better off with hunters and stalkers or a single laspred
>>
>>49993916
That would be a very large investment into a walking melta-magnet, yes
>>
>>49993951
Distraction dreadnaughts that can shoot instead of move once a game!
>>
>>49993920
Heavy weapon squad sprue shovel.
>>
>>49993971
Lol thanks GW
The only distraction thing that works nowadays is the distraction wraithknight
>>
>>49993971

That's how I feel about Repentia. In want to get them because they have to be dealt with, they're not a big investment, and they're not really worth shooting compared to an immolator.
>>
>>49993916
While I'm normally all for buying the products, it's really easier and better to grab the rules from the mega and keep them on your phone for reference.
>>
>>49993920
Abbadon's daemon weapon
>>
>>49993920

Dual wielding Custodes. No, not the weapon, the whole model. One in each hand.
>>
>>49991087
Tanks of WWII were initially armed with guns that were shorter than later-war tanks. There are a number of reasons for this.

1. Depending on the nation, some tanks were designed as infantry support vehicles and as such were armed with short barreled cannons which fired HE.

2. Armor at the time wasn't massively thick (aside from French armor which was the best in the world at the war's break out). As such, you didn't need as powerful a shot to defeat your enemy.

3. Tank on tank warfare wasn't exactly a "thing" in the beginning. Tanks could certainly engage other tanks but they were not designed specifically to counter other tanks as they were later on.

As the war progressed the thickness and slope of armor changed which necessitated the higher muzzle velocities and higher caliber rounds.

Soviet armor (T-34 and KV-1 showed the Germans that their Pz3 and Pz4 F1's couldn't adequately handle the job of anti-tank. The barrel of the Pz4 was increased and the tank became the F2. Similar adaptations were continuously applied by all nations that engaged in tank on tank warfare. I'm not sure Japan really developed much beyond their small tanks.

Correct me if I'm wrong and wooty tooty for the quick and probably needless lecture. :|
>>
File: test.jpg (71KB, 1024x702px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
71KB, 1024x702px
>>49993984
power shovels are very good

>>49994008
i hate to be that guy but repentia don't seem like much of a threat
>>
>>49994065
Wanted to add that I forgot to end the parenthesis and that there were of course different munition types used and developed besides the standard solid AP and HE rounds.
>>
>>49994006
Wraithlords work too!
>>
File: Chair.jpg (42KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Chair.jpg
42KB, 800x600px
>>49993920
Power Chairs. Two of them.
>>
>>49991082
what did you list look like?
>rage?
>>
>>49992155
>taking any fortifications beside aegis
>>
>>49994154
Yeah, that's why it's the most unused rule?
>>
>>49994079

Each model makes 4 S6 AP2 attacks on the charge. A full squad is 36 S6 Ap2 attacks, plus the 5 ap3 shred attacks from the Mistress. There's not much difference between I3 and I1 against MEQ.
>>
>>49994154
its really a shame, I think the game would be much more dynamic with useful fortifications that arent gimmicks
Especially for the number of times "seige" is used in the lore
>>
Lads, is there a tortoise race in 40k? Or even in any fantasy games, with a specific name? I honestly can't think of any. Thought it'd might be interesting abhuman type thing...
>>
>>49993868
Wasn't there some Blood Angels list with 8 dreadnoughts in drop pods that won a big tourney?
>>
>>49994154
Anons, please tell me how to best use aegis in blob guard.

Where do I put them? In one long chain? In small parts? I forget, do you have to place them in deployment zone? Should I put my heavy weapons, or blob guards behind them? Or should I put HWT IN blobs BEHIND aegis? Should I put chimeras in there too with vets with HWS? Should I even bother taking the twinlinked autocannon thingy that shoots planes n shit when I dont have the rule book?
>>
>>49994229
Diggs Nob Ogryns with natural carapace armornn
>>
>>49994229
You could put shells on lizardmen in fantasy?
>>
>>49994236
>>49993868
Found it. *Only* 6 dreadnoughts in the list.

http://spikeybits.com/2016/08/undefeated-dreadnought-army-goes-6-0-at-the-atc.html
>>
>>49994096
Except they aren't 100% going to kill you if you don't kill them
>>49994229
Have you seen gaunts?
>>
>>49994224
meant for
>>49994179
>>
>>49994224

I want to get a Promethium pipe for my sisters.
>>
>>49994229
Only thing remotely like that I can think of are Krogan from Mass Effect and they're only really inspired by.
>>
How are Kastelans on the tabletop? also, I'm not the only one who dislikes the head right?
>>
>>49994265
Oh I know I was just wondering if there was any already established. Hell, any in D&D or anything.

>>49994282
I know they're similar was just wondering if there was any humanoid tortoise people.

>>49994309
Shame. Nothing in D&D? Or are they just Tortoisemen?

>>49994365
We had long threads of them being shitted on. I personally don't mind them. But the head can be replaced. It's not like AdMech don't tinker with shit, especially if they're high-ranked. Most people buy the Forge World ones (or more correctly, buy copies from recasters) and use the 40k rules.
>>
>>49994386
>Shame. Nothing in D&D? Or are they just Tortoisemen?

Hang on, going through Monster Manual.
>>
>>49994236
>>49994272
When your whole army is committed to making it work and with a player that could pull that off, sure
But when recommending to someone as something they just want to throw into their army, a dreadnought is going to be more of a hindrance that a help
>>
>>49993230
>>49993193
I have literally been soaking 6 Sydonian Dragoons for over a year, only taking them out every month or so to brush them and put them back in immediately. The finer details are still a mess.

The Primer came out all chunky... I guess it was too hot that day. It makes me so sad... I just want to give up on my skitarii. I pretty much have
>>
File: ghost hug woo woo.gif (58KB, 438x438px) Image search: [Google]
ghost hug woo woo.gif
58KB, 438x438px
>>49994413
Thanks.

>>49994434
Why? Skiitari are getting a massive update in a few months.
>>
File: [Laughter Stops].png (200KB, 356x256px) Image search: [Google]
[Laughter Stops].png
200KB, 356x256px
>>49994434
>over a year
>>
>>49994365
I think they are awesome on the tabletop. I have 4 and they tear up shop.
>>
>>49994434
Fuck, use super clean! So much better.
>>
>>49994447

Skitarii update? where can I find more information about this.
>>
>>49994447
Because I have 6 Dragoons that are ruined. And honestly, i have waaaaay too many projects.

>>49994449
Yes, its been well over a year. I wish I'd never primed them.
>>
>>49994456
Thx anon, I'll look into it. Any suggestions on where I might find it?
>>
>>49994484
OSH, Pepboys, any auto/hardware store. In USA at least.
>>
>>49992351
hey! nice iron warriors
>>
>>49994208
if i was a slow tank stuck in the mud sure i'd be afraid, maybe it's me but if you get them to work then hats off to you.
>>
>>49994495
Thx anon!
>>
File: fire of cyraxus.jpg (262KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fire of cyraxus.jpg
262KB, 1600x1200px
>>49994463
>he doesn't know

Tau vs Ad Mech & Red Scorpions.

Ad Mech get all their 30k shit. So the transports and robots and shit get 40k rules.

>>49994467
>way to many projects

iktfb.
>>
File: tau500list.png (41KB, 676x958px) Image search: [Google]
tau500list.png
41KB, 676x958px
Got my first real game of 40k soon (only played KT before). Any opinions on my list?
>>
If I got a Burning of Prospero and a Calth box, would I be in a good position to add CSM to my Daemons?
>>
If I have a squad of Destroyers from a destroyer cult shoot at a, lets say Leman Russ, can I use their reroll to pen to fish for 6s to gauss the tanks to death?
>>
>>49994528
Ah, I had heard of that one, haven't heard anything new about it. But yeah I am pretty exited, I haven't seen a release date though.
>>
File: RhbmheG.jpg (53KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
RhbmheG.jpg
53KB, 528x960px
Newfag to Forgeworld here. Did any of the tanks get updated to HP when Escalation rolled around, or do I still continue to use their SP?
>>
>>49994447
Nothing in the 5e Manual I have, but some google searches turned up Tortles and Crucians. Both from 3.5. Tortles come from Dragon Magazine 315, Crucians in Sandstorm.
>>
>>49994550
each structure point is worth 3 HP
>>
>>49994536
Will be good.

Unless your opponent is like me and brings two plasma syphon inquisitors for the keks.
>>
>>49994519
Oh, I haven't used them yet, but I'm tempted to get them because a full squad is only like $50.
>>
>>49994549
I originally hear October, but it might be November. But that might be the HH book.

>>49994558
Thanks. That's really helpful.
>>
>>49994563
At 500 points? I doubt it.
>>
>>49993384
Not going to lie but lavishing attention on and trying new painting techniques with a few Ork Boyz then suddenly realsising that you now have 200 more to go before your army is tabletop legal is one of my favorite hobby painting experiences. If I could find my 3rd edition warboss I spent far too long on I'd post it here, it's easily my best painted model.
>>
>>49994570
shine on you crazy diamond
>>
File: Brendan Griffith.jpg (50KB, 539x658px) Image search: [Google]
Brendan Griffith.jpg
50KB, 539x658px
>went in my old semi-dead HDD
>found this

I wonder if the anon who made it is still around...
>>
>>49994229
If you are looking for miniatures check out the Mantic Teratons. Dreadball/Deadzone have a shared universe so both ranges have minis.
You could use them in 40k as Tau auxiliaries I guess.

You can also get more fantasy style minis from Dark Sword miniatures. They got a whole range of anthropomorphic D&D type fantasy characters.

If you are just looking for tortoise men in general check out pond wars. That's a miniature range with frogs and tortoise men fighting each other.
>>
Guys can somebody help me. I was reading the 11th book of Beast Arises series, "Shadow of Ullanor" and there is a bit I don't get.

After the Beast as killed all the Imperial Fists, all the Sisters of Silence and has injured Thane, he looks over at the last SoS struggle to contain the Ork pysker. She then commits suduko/an heroes so the Ork pysker explodes because her null-aura isn't fucking with it. It does so and the Beast and his others also die. But this doesn't make sense. If she let go of the chain she had that was holding the Ork, it would have either run away from her, thus leaving her aura and exploding, or she could have let it go and run away, it doing the same, or it would have attacked and killed her, resulting in the aura going as well... Why did she kill herself when all she had to do was let go of the straining chain and run back the way she came, doing the same shit as if she had died? Was the whole point just for dramatic effect?
>>
>>49994365
Uncertain purchase for the points imo.
Visually they look great, head is ok but it's the unbalanced shoulder mounted weaponry that kills it for me. Maybe if it was more futuristic and imposing like battlesuit shoulder weapons, instead of being like a standard issue heavy stubber welded onto unrefined AdMech heresy I'd like them more.

There was an amazing conversion posted here a while back where someone stripped their castellans heads and made them more like robots wearing masks with empire gubbinz glued on to make them seem more steampunky as well.
>>
>>49994608
If the termie shoulder didn't look goofed, and it had a termie head, I would like it.
>>
>>49994606

Well, I have plenty of everything else already except ironically multimeltas on foot because they're bad.

Also, having just checked, it's $60 for a full 9 and mistress, but they're out of stock on the Mistress. Go figure.

I also have a feeling that even if I did get them, they'd be semi-worthless once the plastic hits because in have a feeling that repentia are going to become a mixed unit like beast packs.
>>
>>49994626
Those could do. I'd probably want more human heads on. Thanks anon.
>>
>>49994626

A codex "Tau Auxiliary" would be cool
>>
>>49994653
I quite like the helm, but the shoulder is goofed. Perhaps it was a work in progress. I wish you could run Captains/Chapter Masters in Centurion Suits.
>>
>>49994654

Also, what the fuck is wrong with people on ebay? A pack of 3 repentia $15 from GW, and people have single models up for $7, 2 models for $15, and 9 for $75.
>>
>>49994661
>I'd probably want more human heads on.
Not sure what you meant by that, but you can also got these teenage mutant ninja turtle minis and another fantasy football team from greebo games.
Ukomo Avalanchers - Teraton Team
http://www.greebo-games.com/product-category/tutatis/tartalar/

>>49994667
I was kind of hoping that the Tau would be that army. The 40k version of Dogs of War.
>>
>>49994692
I buy new cheap tac-marines and paint them up all rule of cool and sell them as oop for £30 per 5.
Gotta make use of the new kids on the block somehow. I like to think they rock up the their games as if the "oop marines" give them an advantage.
>>
File: outrider.jpg (57KB, 483x690px) Image search: [Google]
outrider.jpg
57KB, 483x690px
>>49994698
I mean more human faces. So like a regular human face, on a tortoise body..

Like this, but with the body and the shell of these kind of figures.
>>
I bought a fair few Raging Heroes minis. If SoB plastic hit, I'm going to have fun fitting them in.

I got two models that can only be used as a Saint Celestine proxy. I shouldn't have, really. Should have dropped one and replaced with that neat Inquisitor.
>>
>Tfw no Silas Alberac model
>>
>>49994495
Keep a close eye on it, Super Clean can degrade plastics.
>>
>>49994732
Should of added, I will probably have to run them as Inquisitor Warband stuff. But they're not going to come out unless I find a new group to play with as my local area only has a bunker.

Shame, really. I also can't think of how to represent them for Inquisitor warbands. Guess I'll have to cut off one of their guns.
>>
File: IMG_20161011_224719.jpg (48KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161011_224719.jpg
48KB, 480x360px
>>49994712

Except these are unpainted. Hell, Some of them are even in the fucking blister they come in from GW, and they want $27 for it.

Also, there's still a guy trying to sell an immolator box for $90. Ninety fucking dollars! The same shit comes in the $57 exorcist box as per pic related.
>>
>>49994717
Oh, okay. If you want a mutant kind of thing you probably really do have to convert a little.
If you want power armor that looks like a turtle shell you could proably find something like that too.
>>
File: Spaceballs the reaction image.jpg (31KB, 499x268px) Image search: [Google]
Spaceballs the reaction image.jpg
31KB, 499x268px
Anybody heard anything on the possible Renegade Guard codex? Or a Nurgle CSM codex? Anything fun on the horizon?
>>
>>49994772
thanks for your help anon, thought I could use them for various stuff.

I've long wanted to make a felinid army for my MAGICAL REALM desires, but there isn't much to go on. So i thought Felinids alongside other abhumans could be neat. Like a selection of stuff. Might inspire GW.
>>
>>49994781
>Anybody heard anything on the possible Renegade Guard codex?
Nope but FW has two different renegade guard lists.
>>49994781
>Or a Nurgle CSM codex? Anything fun on the horizon?
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/10/40k-rumors-chaos-marines-new-codices-coming.html
>>
>>49994755
This isn't true, I've soaked plastics in it for over a week and it did literally nothing to them.
>>
>>49994781
Renegade Guard is under IA13. There is also another Renegade Guard army under Siege of Vraks iirc.

As for CSM, I believe there are specific God codexes coming. With Tzeentch being the first.
>>
Is Age of Strife/Unification Wars era something GW will ever likely expand on with actual minis?
>>
>>49994770
Seems like a prat to me.
Why not go chinaman?
>>
>>49990630

This has never stopped the tau from giving better carapace armor to their whole army.
>>
Any new 8th Edition whispers?
>>
>>49994870

Because I don't know how to get in contact with him, and if I ask in automatically a GW spy.
>>
>>49992834
Don't you know the only proper way to run chimeras is with inquisition and to give all the bolters psybolt ammo?
>>
>>49994824
GW plastics must handle it well then.

I tried it with PP plastics and it muddled some of the fine details.
>>
File: CHINA.gif (7MB, 532x299px) Image search: [Google]
CHINA.gif
7MB, 532x299px
>>49994886
I'm away on work for a few days, so I'll bite the hammer. Don't go all informant.
Google yoyhammer, do a few minutes of digging on reddit for the new catalogue and order instructions.
Here's the email [email protected]
>>
File: 1407107405432.jpg (100KB, 900x599px)
1407107405432.jpg
100KB, 900x599px
>>49994916
>>
>>49994916
It's kind of irrelevant to even give it him. He's not accepting new customers, so if it's not an email he recognises, he ignores it.

So, kinda pointless. Unless he's suddenly agreed to new orders....
>>
>>49994916

Thanks. I'll take a lo-

>>49994974
Oh...
>>
>>49994974
>>49995027
Live in hope.
He takes my orders, and plenty of other folks too.
Sling him an order and see what happens. Put the total value in the subject text to grab his attention of course.
>>
For a drop-pod Iron Hands command squad, what specials are best?

Melta: best against armor, can assault to slap annoying light infantry

Plasma: gets hot, pretty versatile.

Grav: shit range, relies on luck against vehicles, can concuss deathstars and rape TEQ.

Flamers: could be a nasty surprise against infantry, but seems like a waste somehow... Also is outwardly less dangerous, so I won't be able to DISTRACTION CARNIFEX as easily with 3+/4+++.
>>
>>49995027
Plus the guy linked his old email.

>>49995045
He might respond, it's an old email.

Just remember his casts aren't perfect and many aren't good at all. Several reviews of people trashing what they bought as they're not salvageable.

But try the email, it might work. Most are incredibly busy and only reply to old customers, but you might get lucky if it's a big order.
>>
>>49995052
plasma or melta
save grav for devs and bikes, unless you attach a cataphractii captain for slow and purposeful
>>
I have a bunch of Bloodcrushers for Sigmar/Fantasy.

How usable are they in 40K?
>>
Can someone give me a critique on the list I've been working on for my inquisition grey knight army that I want to start putting together?

GK nemesis strike force:
HQ:
Level 3 librarian with force halberd and combi melta- 145 points

Level 3 librarian with force halberd and combi melta- 145 points

Troops:
5 Terminators with halberds and a psycannon and one hammer- 203

5 Terminators with halberds and a psycannon and one hammer- 203

Heavy support:
Nemesis Dreadknight with personal teleporter, greatsword heavy incinerator and heavy psycannon - 225 points

Nemesis Dreadknight with personal teleporter, greatsword heavy incinerator and heavy psycannon - 225 points

Inquisitorial detachment :

HQ:
Ordo Xenos inquisitor with power armor, psyker level 1, force sword, 3 servo skulls and a chain sword - 72 points

Elites:
Inquisitorial henchmen warband with 1 psyker, 5 acolytes with storm bolters and 6 with normal bolters. one chimera with heavy bolter on the turret and on the body, with psybolt ammo. 135 points.

Inquisitorial henchmen warband with 1 psyker, 5 acolytes with storm bolters and 6 with normal bolters. one chimera with heavy bolter on the turret and on the body, with psybolt ammo. 135 points.

Inquisitorial henchmen warband with 1 psyker, 5 acolytes with storm bolters and 5 with normal bolters. one chimera with heavy bolter on the turret and on the body, with psybolt ammo. 130 points.

Imperial knights oathsword detachment:

paladin with metla gun 380 points.
>>
I'm new to 40k, what exactly are ++ saves? I cannot seem to find any explanation as to what it is exactly.
>>
>>49995130
Invuln saves.
>>
>>49995130
shorthand for invulnerable saves
>>
>>49994770
not that disagree with you about that being way overpriced, but you ´cannot build an Immolator out of the exorcist kit as the transparent glass window thing is missing in the latter.
>>
>>49994916
Which company is that the email of? So I can find the catalogue.
>>
>>49995062

I'll give it a shot. Maybe grab a PE, repentia squad, and An immo/exo or two.

Does he do fantasy? I want to grab a Bretonian Damsel to use as a priest because of the Fleur on her staff.

>>49995150

So? It's a great bit, but the fact that they cancelled the kit solely because of that piece is retarded. Otherwise, yes you can. All the immolator bits are there except for the glass that doesn't really matter.
>>
>>49995078
Yes.
>>
>>49995116
Storm Bolters aren't really worth it on henchmen. It gives you some extra poking range damage, but you're BS 3 and it's still just a Bolter. I'd take those points and try to turn the second Termie squad into a paladin unit.
>>
>>49995171
zhanchui
>>
>>49995179
He has a catalogue somewhere, he does do WHFB iirc.

I had previous prepared, when he was taking new customers, a massive list, including OOP Dark Elf Executioners.

But I gave up, had a moral crisis. Felt bad I was getting stuff for a thing I enjoyed. So decided not to bother. Though I probably will at some point.
>>
>>49995229

The thing is, I have already spent a ton of money on my Sisters, and I would spend more to support my new LGS. However, GW has made it impossible. I want to feel bad, but I can't when they want $75 for a squad of sisters and $57 my transport.
>>
>>49995229
Any idea how much shipping is to the UK?
>>
>>49995198

I'm not really going to be able to make them into paladins unless I bare bones the pally squad or cut out a whole lot more, but removing the storm bolters has left me with around 30 points to blow.
>>
>>49995078
lack luster, but used as heralds on juggernauts they're amazing in units of flesh hounds
>>
>>49995257
Yeah Sisters are fucking stupid. It's why I bought Raging Heroes proxies (though I'm going to prob have to run them as Inquisitor shit, this is what I bought if you care). They are expensive. They're the oldest models (as an army) on the site and are the most expensive.

>>49995264
I can't remember the price. It depends on the order. I think it was £20 or something. As I said, I backed out.
>>
>>49995283
£10-£20 sounds about right. Free shipping on over £100 iirc
>>
>all these plebs with shit recasters
feels good to be a baller
>>
>>49995283
>>49995289
Well shit. Rhinos are about $20, and considering GBP to USD is so shit I may aswell buy from GW.
>>
File: test small.jpg (1MB, 3692x1460px) Image search: [Google]
test small.jpg
1MB, 3692x1460px
>>49995283
Forgot picture.

>>49995289
Yeah. Was a shame as I wanted to convert those Dark Elf Executioners, had a cool idea. But the death of WHFB also added to my decision. In the end I might get some off Ebay and try that way. I need their heads, really.
>>
>>49995302
It's all about the stacking rate rather than buying just one thing. Plus, when sales hit, shits cash
>>
>>49995283

Yea. It's annoying. Thankfully, I've been playing them for 12 years. I remember when I could walk into GW and grab an immolator off the wall. It was great. They were only $35, too.

Anyway, my hopes of a repentia squad are crushed because he seems to lack the Mistress.

Still, his prices are what GW should fucking be charging.

>>49995304

Yea. I'm not really a. Fan of the Raging Heroes. There's too much cheesecake for me to like them. These are the only 3rd party models that I like and am terribly tempted to get.
>>
>>49995349
I like Grasnak too, but with the probable release of plastic SoB, I'm not going to bother.

I avoided most of the cheesecake models. I only got one cheesecake model and those were the leotard ones. But it isn't anything unusual. Death Cults Assassins are basically nude like Repentia.

I planned for them to be interchangeable with Inquisition stuff. I was going to run the Ascended Sister as Celestine. Dolores as a Daemonhost. War Pulpit as Karazamov (well his rules anyway). Sol-Sarya as Blessed Standard Bearer. Zaraya as Simiculrum Imperialis bearer. The other one as a Hospitaler. The Icarites as Seraphim. Daughters of the Crucible as Acoyltes for Inquisition (or something). Then the freebies I got, one of them as a Canoness and the others I dunno.
>>
>>49989945
>>49989909
>>49989764
Give me the links, I will add some views, it's the least I can do.
>>
>>49995349
Forgot to answer both of these, since they're both me.

There are other casters out there who might cover both Repentia and the Mistress. Do you like the models specifically? If not, you could wait and see if GW do release plastics. Or you could get Grashnak's ones, if he does them (I never found a specific site to order from). As I'm a fan, I'd probably order the Raging Heroes Not!Repentia. Either the Fantasy versions or the Sci-Fi would do for me. I personally like the idea of them being basically naked. Since it's a punishment, they don't even have an armour save in rules. if they're truly worth repentance, then the Emperor will protect their naked bodies, bodies He Lovingly Created.
>>
File: Death Watch - 2010pts.jpg (239KB, 900x1265px) Image search: [Google]
Death Watch - 2010pts.jpg
239KB, 900x1265px
Question, under circumstances where a Black Shield doubles his attacks, does that double only his base attacks or all of his attacks, including the one from charge and two weapons ?
>>
File: 9ZaemGXpSlc.jpg (69KB, 800x868px) Image search: [Google]
9ZaemGXpSlc.jpg
69KB, 800x868px
>>49995492

I like using official stuff because I'm an idiot I guess, but I do mostly like the Mistress model (the boobs are horridly sculpted). I also like the repentia models. They're surprisingly in action for metal.

The main reason I would get the Grishnak is because it comes with a combi-weapon, and I'm putting together a combi-plas command squad.
>>
>>49995517
>2010 points
I never understood why people coddle retards like you.
>>
>>49995517
Order of operations is multiplication before addition. This is really basic arithmetic here.
>>
>>49995555
>sperging out because of an arbitrary number
I think you have mental issues, no one fucking cares.
>>
>>49995555
It says 2005 doesn't it?

>>49995645
Some people do. There is a points limit for a reason. Casual games? People won't mind going a few points over. It obviously is arbitrary, or it wouldn't be the limit in the first place. Why not go 50 points over? It's just an arbitrary number, bro.
>>
>>49995555
It's a work in progress, calm your tits faggot.
>>49995569
It says "Attacks", not "base Attacks" as it usually would so I'm wondering, but ok. Any word of a FAQ that would clarify some stuff, like the Black Shield Two Handed Hammer ? It makes no sense they can't take it.
>>
>>49995670
There's a difference between calling someone on bring a list over the point limit to a game and shit posting on the internet without even knowing the point limit and circumstances.
>>
>>49995670
Image is titled 2010 points.
>>49995671
The fuck is the point of a WIP that's over the points? Just cut an upgrade, dipshit.
>>49995690
Retardation should be called out. The only reason to specify a 2010 point limit is because too many retards were going over 2k.
>>
Whats the fun to bad idea ratio on using my Tau Commander(fully kitted out with maximum weapons) to go balls deep with a Crisis Suit Squad?
>>
>>49995756
>to go balls deep with a Crisis Suit Squad
Might be because I'm not a native speaker, but what exactly does that mean in a nonsexual context?

Are you asking how effective a fully kitted out crisis suit would be, no matter the points costs?
>>
>>49995744
>The fuck is the point of a WIP that's over the points? Just cut an upgrade, dipshit.
What the fuck does that mean ? WIPs can't go over the points because of your autism ? Take what the fuck you want and then check what you need to cut to make it fit. And you don't even know his point limit, maybe they're playing Apocalypse and he's building up to 2500.
>Retardation should be called out.
Couldn't agree more you fucking retard.
>>
>>49993920
Always go Caress on Troupe master.
>>
>>49995690
Oh I agree, I wasn't the original guy. I just said that some people do care over the points limit thing.

>>49995744
Oh right. a 5 point over isn't too bad, but 2010 seems like overpoints are factored in and that's odd.
>>
>>49995744
Perhaps he's playing a 2010 point game?
Perhaps he wants to ask what's the best way to cut 10 points?
Perhaps he's building up to 2.5k and wants help adding 490 points?

>RETARD
>RETARD
>FUCKING RETAAAARDS
Seriously my dude, calm down.
>>
>>49995812
Caress is generally good, but Rose and Power Sword aren't bad either. The shred from the Rose and reroll on the kiss hit is almost always better when not on the charge, and on the charge you may sacrifice a 6 or two, but you get consistency and more general wounds.

Powersword is crazy against anyone that doesn't run assault TEQs.
>>
>>49995800
not him, the other guy, maybe he assumed the 2010 filename was basically saying it was 2000 points with a 10 point overlimit. Some groups I know factor it in. So, say you want to play a minmim squad size unit, but it'd put you 10 over, you can do it. My groups just took the piss out of people for doing it and calling them 'cheaters' as a joke, but most didn't care as it made victory all the sweeter. Though these were casual games a long long time ago.

If it was a 2500 point game, wouldn't the anon have said "I am 495 points short, what should I get next?". But he asked a question about Black Shields (an expensive upgrade he might have been asking if he should drop. They're 15 points upgrade iirc). Which would mean being 1990.

So I guess the other guy was wondering why the numbers. He assumed based on the evidence he had,rather than the possibility he was going to 2500.

But that's just my devils avocado opinion.

>>49995855
This. Though the first is unlikely unless it's like my old groups handicap style overlimit. It's more likely the cut point thing regarding Black Shields. The third point is unlikely I think, otherwise he'd have asked for help or mentioned it.
>>
>>49995862
Caress is statistically better than the kiss if you don't factor in instant death.

Rose and P-sword are up to opinion but I think the power sword is shit, may as well she'll out for the storied sword, it has good synergy with kisses on the troops if you want a well rounded unit.
>>
>>49995891
>shell autocorrected to she'll because Apprently shell isn't a real word
?????
>>
>>49989613
HOLY FUCK THE ORIGINAL POSTING OF THIS IN CONSTRUCTION WASN'T A TROLL?!?

That or Anon is very committed...

I'm at work so I have no disgusted reaction faces to post.
Just imaging an Ork with a look for fear and loathing saying something like "By Mork!"
>>
>>49995862
Rose and P.Sword are overpriced, for the point i'd rather have 2 players take a caress/special gun instead.

Caress is nice because it will always work VS all target, other weapon are situational against specific target. The good thing about Kiss is that they gave you 6 while caress and embrace you only got 2. (tho you can proxy the caress by sawed off the barrel of the Kiss but some people might not be ok with that ).

It's funny they (GW) spent time making those nice looking swords and give them the shitty CCW profile.
>>
>>49990319
What are you thinking?
It's no way near the size, loadout or structure of a meda deff dread.
You're talking shit anon.
>>
File: 1475525262517.gif (810KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1475525262517.gif
810KB, 500x281px
>>49996019
>>
>>49996032
>10 points for Mcrafted and shred is too much
The rerolls don't need to be reserved for the one kiss attack, if you hit with the kiss you can use the Mcrafted on another attack and shred applies to ALL attacks as well.
>>
>>49995756
That's how I always use them. Overflowing with plasma for meq and light vehicle destroying goodness.
>>
>>49996032
power sword maybe, storied sword usually, rose definitely not. Shred and Master Crafted is way too good for only 15 points
>>
How vital are star weavers to harlequin? Can they do decently just footslogging with shadowseers?
>>
>>49993131
KEK
>>
File: 20161028_100434-1024x576-1.jpg (121KB, 896x576px) Image search: [Google]
20161028_100434-1024x576-1.jpg
121KB, 896x576px
Who Custode here?

I dearly wish you could give them spears and shields
>>
>>49996107
>foot slogging melee troops
Pretty vital, harlies are no exception.
>>
>>49996107

I only play my two mates and I simply can't with my Harlis anymore.

His Dunecrawlers blow my flyers out of the sky and a Vanguard gunline annihlates everything else.

Ranger Snipers normally do in any characters.

:(
>>
Writing up the following set of rules for a 40k league I'll be running soon, tell me what you think /tg/:

DETACHMENTS AND FORMATIONS

- No Army List can include more than one Super-Heavy Walker or Gargantuan Creature.

- No Detachment can include more than one unit choice selected from the same Army List Entry, unless those units are Troops or are part of a Formation.

- You may not take Combined Arms Detachments or Allied Detachments.

- Formation special rules which allow you to take upgrades or models at no additional points cost are ignored.

UNIT TYPE RULES CHANGES

- Only models with the Infantry type (including Jump Infantry and Jet Pack Infantry) are scoring. Other unit types can never capture or contest Objectives, and gain no benefit from the Objective Secured special rule.

- Independent Characters can only join units with the same Faction as themselves. Space Marine units with different Chapter Tactics count as different Factions for this purpose.

- The Armoured Steed special rule (see Bikes and Jetbikes in Warhammer 40,000: The Rules) is ignored when calculating a model's Toughness for purposes of determining whether a weapon's Strength causes Instant Death. All models which include Bikes or Jetbikes in their basic Army List Entry profiles therefore treat their Toughness score as 1 lower for this purpose.

- Bikes, Jet Bikes, and Cavalry models which possess an invulnerable save granted by Wargear suffer a -1 penalty to these saves to represent the difficulty of protecting the bulk of their mount with a device scaled to the size of the rider. Invulnerable saves granted by special rules are unaffected.

Continued//
>>
>>49996330
SPECIAL RULES

- Haywire weapons are modified to work as follows: When a weapon with this special rule scores a hit on a vehicle, make a bonus unmodified roll on the Vehicle Damage Table (ie. do not add +1 against Open-Topped Vehicles, or modifiers for AP 2 or 1), before rolling for Armour Penetration. These bonus rolls do not cause the target to lose a Hull Point, however it may lose Hull Points as a result of the Vehicle Damage Table roll (ie. an already Immobilized Vehicle suffering an Immobilized result). Cover saves can be taken against these hits as normal and successful saves will negate the effect.

- Weapon with the Graviton special rule follow the rules as described in the main rulebook as normal, with the following addendum: Weapons with this special rule fire at Buildings, Vehicles and Monstrous Creatures (including Super-Heavy Vehicles and Gargantuan Creatures) at their full Ballistic Skill, but always fire Snap Shots against all other targets.

- Ignores Cover is modified to work as follows: Models which suffer a Wound inflicted by a weapon with this special rule must re-roll successful cover saves. Weapons which do not require a roll to hit (such as Template weapons) never allow cover saves.

Does this fix the broken competitive meta?
>>
File: yZKiaDb.jpg (157KB, 1094x676px) Image search: [Google]
yZKiaDb.jpg
157KB, 1094x676px
>>49996331

>buffing haywire
>>
>>49996337
That's a huge nerf, bro. Now instead of removing HP on a 2+ it has to roll to pen like everyone else, it just still gets to cause a damage effect regardless of the result of that.
>>
>>49996330
>You may not take Combined Arms Detachments or Allied Detachments.

>No Detachment can include more than one unit choice selected from the same Army List Entry, unless those units are Troops or are part of a Formation.
>part of a formation

>Bikes, Jet Bikes, and Cavalry models which possess an invulnerable save granted by Wargear suffer a -1 penalty to these saves
>but not to any absurd jink saves

>Models which suffer a Wound inflicted by a weapon with this special rule must re-roll successful cover saves.

So eldar are daemons are going to win?
>>
>>49996384
How do you figure? And since when is Jink a real problem?
>>
>>49996330
why no combined arms or allied detatchments?
>>
>>49996330
>>49996331
This is bad and you're bad.
>>
>>49996471
To prevent abuse from spamming multiple detachments to easily avoid the "only one of each unit selection besides troops" rule.
>>
>>49996479
Elaborate or you're wrong. If you can't give specifics you're just a buttmad WAAC faggot who doesn't like formats that prevent you from being a shitter with broken cheddar netlists.
>>
>>49996495
You think its a good thing that you cant play Astra Militarum, Scions or Adeptus Sororitas?

Or most other races if this is a escalation league.
>>
>>49996495
But basically the problem is this: you dont know how this game works for every single army. Your ruleset has huge problems when it comes to some armies most powerful units and builds.
>>
>>49996527
>anyone actually playing Sororitas
Anon this was written for a tournament scene that actually exists, not a fantasyland where sisters players are a common thing.

>Astra Militarum
Our IG players list works just fine in this format.

>Scions
I'm tempted to say "see sororitas above" but you can just take Hellrain Brigades and call it a day if for some reason you want to make an entire army out of an ally faction.
>>
>>49996538
>some armies most powerful units and builds.
That's kind of the fucking point. It prevents the most powerful abusive builds.
>>
>>49996553
>Anon this was written for a tournament scene that actually exists, not a fantasyland where sisters players are a common thing.
Its still retarded that you disallow whole armies.

>Our IG players list works just fine in this format.
They are fine using Cadian detachment? That has minimum requirements of over hundred models?

And your comp STILL doesnt adress some powerful options. What about screamerstar and daemons in general? Tau?

But I'm not going to argue this with you more than this. If you cant objectively take cricism of your own ruleset then theres no point.
>>
>>49992727

It's not that weird, because you play Orks. So do I. And most other Ork players I've met just have one army. There's something about Orks that just makes players not want to pick up other armies.
>>
>>49996558
>That's kind of the fucking point. It prevents the most powerful abusive builds.
My point is that does prevent some and then completely ignores others. Have fun with Chaos Daemons!
>>
>>49996598
Well then the problem doesn't lie with the stuff I've written so far, as you implied, it just means I need to add a few more restrictions to shore up the remaining problems. I'm open to suggestions.
>>
>>49996619
No, it seems you have your head so far up your ass that any more discussion on the subject is just wasted time and effort.
>>
>>49996558

You know that phrase "A rising tide lifts all ships"? The reserve is also true.

You simply cannot change the meta by changing the main rulebook. The central issue is that codices are overpowered. Take your bike ruling for example. Eldar Bikes are pure cancer, no question, but that change equally hits Ork Bikers, who aren't. Subtracting invul saves on cavalry hits Thunderwoofs and Chaos Lords equally hard, and yet only one of these is a problem.

Sweeping changes do little to change things up because virtually no army (possible exception of Tyranids, nerf FMC and they're done for) are entirely dependent upon single or even multiple core rules that make them good. If you changed up the rules for Open Topped vehicles to read "Units inside Open Topped transports may disembark even if their transport has moved Flat Out, and may move and charge the turn they do so", you might at first think you've just fixed Orks. But the issue there is that the units charging out from those transports are still Orks. They're still going to lose because the Ork codex is bad, and Eldar and Daemons are still going to win because their respective codices are good.
>>
File: two-forgeworld-methods.png (735KB, 638x1080px) Image search: [Google]
two-forgeworld-methods.png
735KB, 638x1080px
Anyone have any methods for painting Iron Hands that approaches black but isn't quite?

So far I've narrowed it down to Forge World's primo method
>metallic base washed sparingly with tamiya clear yellow and green and then heavily shaded with black wash and then sealed

and Forge World's poverty method
>metallic base shaded not so much with black wash
>>
>>49996330
Decurion: Craftworld Warhost

Formation: Warhosts of the Pale Court
Spiritseer
Guardian Defenders, 2x Starcannon
Vaul's Wrath Support Battery: D-Cannon

Formation: Aspect Host
Warp Spiders, Warp Spiders Exarch

>>
>>49996755
I'd do the metallic base with a coat of black wash and then a coat of earthshade or insert tamiya/vallejo/army painter equivalent here to give it that dirty, grungy look and then maybe another coat of black if it's not yet dark enough for your liking. But then I've only used this on gun barrels and stuff so not quite sure how it would look over a whole model.
>>
>>49996631
>I am creatively bankrupt and have no ideas of my own so I'm just going to pretend the guy who posted ideas and then said nothing that gives the impression he's not open to criticism is somehow the one offering nothing constructive so I can avoid being caught out
>>
>>49996822
See >>49996785
This wins tournaments. This isnt fun to play against. Your comp doesnt even touch it but instead nerfs Ork Bikers.
>>
>>49996845
It is actually nerfed in the sense that most Eldar lists take scatterbikes for troops and it's running guardians instead, which are way less obnoxious.
>>
>>49996785
>>49996845
First and most obvious problem I missed - Formations also need to be capped at one each.
>>
File: 1470973025938.png (39KB, 237x225px) Image search: [Google]
1470973025938.png
39KB, 237x225px
So, I managed to get a dirt cheap Knight Crusader of a secondhand site. which means my sisters are getting some much needed reinforcements.

However the lore spastic in me is having a hard time coming up with a theme for it.

Is there any sort of justification for a churchly knight suit that would follow an inquisitor or a Cardinal retrinue?
>>
>>49996913
Can you give us the reason why CAD and AD are disallowed? That seems... plain retarded.
>>
>>49996952

A debt of honour from the Knight house which was defended by your Order during an unexpected XXXXXX invasion.

done.
>>
>>49996952
>Is there any sort of justification for a churchly knight suit that would follow an inquisitor or a Cardinal retrinue?
Yes. Honor and tradition are big deals for Knights.
>>
>>49996330

>no CAD
>Sisters are literally unplayable
>>
>>49996307
Do you wish that because of the in-game benefits, or just because it'd look cooler?

Because if it's the latter just give them the spears and use the sword profile in-game. Unless you're in a tournament no one's gonna care.
>>
>>49997022
>implying anyone plays sisters
That said, with the "no duplicate detachments" and "no duplicate units other than troops" thing there's really no reason to restrict them anymore, unless the TO really hates obsec MSU strategies.
>>
File: 1463338801801.jpg (219KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1463338801801.jpg
219KB, 600x600px
>>49997022
>But anon, we have apoc formations!
>Sisters aren't banned so surely it must be okay to field them!
>>
>>49997107
>implying implications that I don't play sisters

The real issue is the lack of Exorcists. I guess that means rolling with a unit of Doms and 6 troops all in immolators with Seraphim support.

>>49997123

Oh boy.
>>
File: AWW_RIGHT_LETS_BLAZE_THIS_JOINT.png (22KB, 577x445px) Image search: [Google]
AWW_RIGHT_LETS_BLAZE_THIS_JOINT.png
22KB, 577x445px
>>49997123
LETS DOO THIIIIS
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-28-13-57-44.png (214KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-28-13-57-44.png
214KB, 720x1280px
>>49997176
I'd go something like this.
>>
>>49996040
Nigger what?
two big shootas
a rokkit
a kill kannon
and fixin' klaws.
>>
Haven't played in over a year now. Are Chaos Space Marines good yet?
>>
>>49996330
>Super Heavy Restriction
Sounds good. Super-Heavies shouldn't be a part of regular 40k anyways.
>No duplicate unit entries
I don't really see what power builds this limits. Most of the really nasty units already have formations that let you spam them, but this does bottleneck a lot of the Auxiliary Choices in some detachments. For example, this limits Iron Hands to one Dreadnought per several hundred points in company tax, CSM get limited to one unit of Spawn or Veterans of the Legions, etc.

>- You may not take Combined Arms Detachments or Allied Detachments.
Big mistake. A of codexes have super big cores that drastically limit the variety of builds that you can make, and a lot of power builds don't really care about this restriction. Tzeentch Daemons can still make a nasty build even if they don't have CAD's to spam Heralds, Eldar can still make nasty builds with Warp Spider spam, etc.

>No free shit..
All Command Benefits are giving free rules. Nerf Battle Company if you want to nerf Battle Company, but you're also nerfing CSM and they don't really need that nerf.

>Only infantry score
I would give Bikes the ability to dismount/remount at the beginning of the movement phase. While dismounted they're just treated as Infantry and lose all of the special rules and equipment that the bike provides.

>IC's can only join same faction units
Sounds good.

>Bike T ignored for ID.
Okay.

>- Bikes, Jet Bikes, and Cavalry get -1 Invuln
Not sure if this is really necessary between the limitations on scoring and Armored Steed.

>tbc
>>
>>49996331
>Haywire change
Eh, it's still crazy good at crippling vehicles regardless of armor. A unit of Vanguard can easily be throwing 3-6 rolls at the VDC. I'd rather just change Haywire so that it auto-glances on the first hit, auto-Stuns on the second (or third), and that's it. Make it for disabling vehicles temporarily until heavy ordnance can be brought to bear.

>Grav change
Grav is a shit show. This is still way too good at fucking up vehicles, which don't need that. I'd more radically alter the way they work, to try to preserve them as anti-big monster weapons but leave vehicles unaffected and make them less powerful against smaller organics.

>Ignores Cover
Does rolling scatter count as "not requiring a roll to hit"? I'm assuming you aren't intending to grant all Blast Weapons Ignore Cover, but that phrasing seems to indicate that.

>Does this fix the broken competitive meta?
Adopt the ITC ruling on rerolling Invulnerable Saves but expand it to ALL rerollable saves fail the reroll on a 4+.

Adopt the ITC nerf to Invisibility.

Add some sort of limitation to Conjuration spells. Maybe one Conjuration spell of any-type per turn.

Limit the number of Deny the Witch dice that can be thrown at a single spell to twice the number of casting dice.

Let units assault out of stationary transports again.
>>
>>49997313
No. Our best build is just a spiky version of the Gladius, where all of our shit still costs more than baseline SM stuff and is still inferior. And we don't have the free transports or Grav that makes Gladius good. I'm not saying I want them or that we need them, I'm just saying that free ObSec Rhinos and Grav weaponry are what make Gladius a top-tier build.

We got a supplement, Traitor's Hate, but it's just alarmingly mediocre.
>>
>>49997369
Seriously, what is it with GW and shitting on Chaos so much?

Do they just not know the direction they want to take them or do they really have a hate hard on?
>>
>>49997313

Better than they were. The traitor's hate formations helped a lot. Nowhere near the very top lists but a fine mid-tier army and not a one-list army between three cores, one of which is very customizable and several good auxilliaries it's a fun army to play and doesn't get smashed.

The two free boons per turn is really powerful. A friend had Huron with a S6 heavy flamer and 2+ rerollable (amongst others), while I had a Juggerlord with AoBF doing 8+D6 S8 attacks on the charge
>>
>>49996583
>Screamerstar
Under his rules, it ends up using a ton of points buying additional Screamer units in the Skyhost, which aren't as good without scoring. They also can't fit that many Heralds in there, given that each Herald comes with 500+ points of additional units.

>Daemons in General
Just fix Malific Daemonology and rerollable saves, and Daemons fall into line.
>>
>>49997390

It's possible that the guys writing rules for Chaos just plain don't like them. However, it's more likely that they simply aren't enthused for them. It's the same story with Orks; if there isn't a writer on the staff who really enjoys the army and wants to write rules for it, it's not entirely surprising that if they were told to write up a book that they'll do a sub-par job.

Orks and Chaos also both suffer from not having a coherent theme (from GW's perspective at least). They can't really decide what either faction really is about, so they end up being a half-arsed amalgamation of ideas that don't really come together.
>>
>>49997390
They won't rewrite the core codex, which is where the problem lies.
>>
>>49997400
>several good auxilliaries
Most are shit. All of the Warpsmith ones are too heavily taxed by the 110 point Warpsmith. Raptor Talon and Terminator Annihilation Force are both reliant on good reserve rolls AND good scatter rolls AND have mediocre benefits. Assault out of Deep Strike is nice, but it necessitates a risky deep strike and always counting as disordered both guts the charge and turns off a ton of the rules we can give our units (Hatred, Rage, Furious Charge). Terminator Annihilation Force gives us Hatred AGAIN, and let's us shoot twice with units whose primary strong-point is their ability to take one-shot weapons.

At least Raptor Talon offers something. Terminator Annihilation Force is done better by taking the Terminators in the Warband for ObSec.
>>
>>49989484
New thread you lazy cunts
>>49997683
>>49997683
>>49997683
>>
>>49994872

Compare how many Tau there are to how many IG there are. Also, note the level of tech.
>>
>>49996913

Don't be retarded. Not only does that not counter what makes that list good, it's just plain stupid.
Thread posts: 373
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.