[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what abilities does each chapter grant in deathwatch codex?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

what abilities does each chapter grant in deathwatch codex?
>>
File: 13354039664222.jpg (45KB, 291x280px) Image search: [Google]
13354039664222.jpg
45KB, 291x280px
>>49987966
They don't.
>>
>>49987966

Deathwatch is a half assed generic marine codex with more expensive models that can get more fancy weapons.

That's it. All these years for this shit.
>>
>>49988973
That's what people get for continuing to buy GW.
>>
>>49988973
What did you expect? DW fluff has always said they adhere to the codex in tactics and training, and recruit mostly from codex chapters. When they recruit from outside it, they try and get individuals skilled in the codex.
>>
>>49988973
Well what were you expecting ? That each model in the Unit will add a special rule from their Chapter ? That's a lot of memorization and book keeping to be expected from the opponent.
>>
>>49987966
They don't, which might sound disappointing but keep in mind that it is a lot to keep track of if you made every model in a whole unit benefit from a different set of chapter tactics. It would be incredibly tedious. Making every single model benefit from a different chapter tactic works in HoR Kill Team since the game is a lot smaller but not in standard 40k. That's why Mission Tactics was used as a substitution.
>>
>>49995019
>>49994206
Sounds like they could've been kept as part of the Inquisition codex and not wasted their time producing yet another fucking Imperial 'dex lol
>>
>>49995877
>MUH CHAOS
>>
>>49987966

DW are shit, and they can't use any of the OP Space Marine formations.
>>
>>49995877

This. Deathwatch already existed, they were called Tyrannic War Veterans. Would have been better to just use those with a variable set of anti-xenos doctrines, according to the enemy.
>>
>>49996374
Then either it would result in them being good against only what, 1/3 of armies since most people play Marines anyway or have them buffed so that they're strong on their own AND have bonuses against those xeno armies like with Grey Knights.

I think the moderate power level bonuses they get against everyone are enough. The problem is they're another ally codex and this won't change until they get more units.
>>
>>49994206

I expected a well fluffed, well crunched codex with more unit variety and more rules. They didnt even include Kill Team Cassius on the fucking codex.

Either that or make it a supplement for other imperial codexes OR make it the "Ordo Xenos" codex and add human auxiliaries and inquisitors and retinues as well.

I expected GW would actually care, nowadays it seems they just care for selling models for hoarders and collectors, only this time they dont hide it anymore.
>>
>>49995932

They're good as allies, with the frag cannon / giant thunder hammer spam.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.