[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adepta Sororitas breast armor isnt 'real'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 47

So the other day i was browsing warhammer 40k stuff at the game shop with some friend and ended up on a page talking about the Battle Sisters. I was just reading it when one of my friends complained about female armor in fiction and how it is often sexualized in unrealistic ways.

that was when another one of my friends perked up and came up with a decent reason as to why they would appear the way they do. his points were as follows:
1) the breast plates dont actually contain the sisters boobs. they are just ornamental and that under them is armor which is actually covering the womans chest. the reason they have them is more for showing off that they are the Daughters of the Emperor.
2) anything that the armor cant stop is going through the armor either way and odds are it will kill them even with a glancing blow. with the weapons used in the setting deflected shots arent really a thing to the sisters as anything their armor could deflect probably couldnt penetrate it.
3) most of the sexualizing is faked by the Imperium. as has been made some what clear is that stuff is often edited by the Imperium before hand to make them look better. (a somewhat reasonable way to excuse inconsistencies in the lore) in this case the images depicting the sisters is sexed up to make them look better when in reality they probably just look like female guardsmen in power armor. so they are sexed up to make them stand out.

i kind of like this argument and was wondering what you guys think?
>>
>>49970576
The core problem most people have with the boob armor outside of "sexism" is the fact that it funnels impact force into the center of the chest, unlike a standard cuirass. In this regard the "kill you anyways" theory holds the most ground.

Real reason they look like that in a meta sense IS to be somewhat sexual. Warhammer has always placed looking badass over looking sexual, unlike something like, say, Warcraft, so it's not a dramatic move, but it still is there to make the statement "These are female, they are defined in part by their being all-female".

One fun theory I've always liked is that the boobs on Sisters armor only contains the breasts of particularly busty Sisters, while most of them use it as a storage space akin to how women store chapstick and money in their bras.
>>
>>49970667
>akin to how women store chapstick and money in their bras
Only high schoolers, poorfags, and trashy sluts do that.

It's about as trashy as a guy using the front of his jeans as a gun holster.
>>
>>49970576
I want boobplate complaint threads leave
>>
>>49970667
gw is getting more diverse in its models lately too. then only difference between male and female harlequins is the chest, for instance. it's not always about sex
>>
>>49970667
that is a funny way to look at it. maybe they are just there so the girls dont get jealous of their sisters breasts.

>>49970722
im not complaining about it sir. i was just discussing things. sorry if it's annoying.
>>
>>49970576
Maybe they have such massive boob plates in order to house energy units.
>>
>>49970764
>sisters
>getting jealous
>implying they think about anything but the emperor ever
>>
>>49970764
We DO have a lot of boobplate threads. Usually they're obvious bait, ie: "GRR Y GEEDUBS SEXIST"

Yours seems to be a bit more of an earnest question. Fact remains that, as much as neckbeards can rage over actual in-lore justification for booblate, a regular cuirass is just better. The boobs are there to show they are the SISTERS of Battle, and reinforce their femininity as opposed to the all-male Space Marines and more nondescript Imperial Guard.
>>
File: image.jpg (153KB, 804x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153KB, 804x960px
Here's an on topic question, do you feel there are ramifications (social or otherwise) of outright sending women to their death in games, TT or vidya?

Point, in eternal crusade you can play as a female eldar. When you execute one I'm not really sure if they use all the execution animations meaning they take it easy on the girls as not to be potentially sexually violent. You rarely see girls in FPSs but there are some (ghost in a shell but you are a cyber puppet, cod Blops 3 you could playas a female operative). So as far as the sisters coming out has GW been on guard as to prevent wymyn hate in their community? I mean it's obviously ok to kill guys just look at the DoW 3 trailer, but what if it were all girls on the pile....
>>
>>49970895
>has GW been on guard as to prevent hate in their community?
GW deleted their official forums. They (rightly) don't care about the dumb shit the community whines about and do their own thing, for better or worse.
>>
File: curse of fatal death 2.jpg (32KB, 610x457px) Image search: [Google]
curse of fatal death 2.jpg
32KB, 610x457px
>>49970768
They're Dalek Bumps!

They can detect ion charged emissions and operate as etheric beam locators at a distance of up to 20,000 light years!

They're also extremely firm!
>>
>>49970895
>DoW 3 trailer, but what if it were all girls on the pile...
Anon, there were banshees in that pile. Banshees with tits. 40k doesn't give a fuck what gender you are. Except boizonli spess muhrens.
>>
>>49970895
>inb4 virtfaggotry
>>
>>49970895
Women == Men

Women Dying == Men Dying

Is there anything more to it?
>>
>>49970576
They're actually reactive armour. When they detect a kinetic weapon strike or plasma blast, the boob armour explodes, disrupting plasma and deforming projectiles. They only activate for heavy weaponry, though.
>>
>>49970717
Appendix carry is a real technique which you should use if you aren't a fatty.
>>
>>49971068
If you say so anon. Point being, if a woman pulls cash out of her tits you can bet it's gonna have sweat and skin residue all over it. Most women just get a fucking wallet, like normal people.
>>
>>49970960
Banshees are not human females though correct? Wonder if response would be different.

Either way there definitely is inequality of the sexes when it comes to the battlefield IRL, but as far as games go I feel it shouldn't matter, in fact they should promote strong female representations. Not every man is a wife beater right?
>>
Maybe they have bood armor because...well they have boobs.

Current military has had to revise current PCs because of female anatomy not meshing well with rectangular, straight chested male equipment. Bounding/having constant pressure on boobs hurts dog. A rigid holder to fit your boobs in keeps off pressure, yet leave room for them to move a bit.

Plus, have you ever had to do activities with unrestrained boobs? There is a reason girls wear sports bras for heavy physical activity.
>>
File: armor of armors.jpg (38KB, 358x358px) Image search: [Google]
armor of armors.jpg
38KB, 358x358px
Women have tits.
Women like to show off their tits.
Women buy bras that push up and push out their tits.
Women are proud of their tits.

Ugly women without tits hate women with tits.
Ugly women without tits don't want women with tits to be proud of their tits.
Ugly women without tits don't want men to be interested in women with tits.
Ugly women without tits don't want to erase femininity from popular fiction because they are jealous of women with tits.
Ugly women without tits will go to great lengths to remove women with tits from all fantasy and will mainly do so by calling it "sexist", "objectifying" and any other such excuse they can think of.
>>
File: 1475704283260.gif (503KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1475704283260.gif
503KB, 500x333px
>>49971170
>women
>heavy physical activity
>>
File: StupidCarl.gif (301KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
StupidCarl.gif
301KB, 500x375px
>Complaining about "unrealistic" things
>In Warhammer 40,000

This is a setting where genetically-enhanced super soldiers that are excessively muscled and eat brains to gain memories, and Sisters having boobplate is considered oversexualized and illogical? Jesus.
>>
File: img429e56c9bbff6.jpg (95KB, 600x632px) Image search: [Google]
img429e56c9bbff6.jpg
95KB, 600x632px
>>49971310
Also the same setting and faction that turned a missile-launching tank into a pipe organ.

We shouldn't be over thinking this.
>>
File: PC motivation.jpg (349KB, 600x1330px) Image search: [Google]
PC motivation.jpg
349KB, 600x1330px
>>49971302
>>women
>>heavy physical activity
you have no idea
>>
>>49971310
"Realistic" means "Consistent within the bounds of reality as we know it". Someone in a high-fantasy world would consider our world to be "unrealistic" because of our "technology".
>>
File: FacepalmCarl.jpg (93KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
FacepalmCarl.jpg
93KB, 500x300px
>>49971420
Oh, so tanks with PIPE ORGANS THAT SHOOT FIREBOMBS are fine and realistic, but boobplate is where brains break?
>>
If men can have chestplates with abs and tits, why can't girls?

I mean, I sure as fuck doubt it really matters whether or not the armor might against all odds "deflect" a blow into the middle of the chest, as long as it's sturdy enough for the weapon not to penetrate it in the first place. And if it does, wouldn't you rather have it do that than go off to the sides and into the arms or straight through, seeing as the sternum is hard as fuck to pierce as well?

It's like you're assuming that a chestplate hard enough to turn aside an arrow or a sword would suddenly yield like butter between the tits. Why would it be specifically vulnerable there if it's the same thick material as the rest of it? Don't talk shit about "concentrating the force", if it's already been deflected it's lost a lot of the momentum already and isn't going to pierce anything. And it won't deflect the weapon upwards either any more than your standard flat/convex plate.
>>
>>49971454
functionally speaking, they're not much different from a katyusha

just on a tank instead of a truck
>>
>>49971500
Except the organs actually work and play inspiring music.
>>
>>49971535
>implying katyusha is not also of playing inspiring music
>>
>>49971591
>PFFWEEEOORRRRH
>PFFWEEEOORRRRH
>PFFWEEEOORRRRH

>Ivan, they are playing our song! Charge, charge for the motherland!
>>
File: 250[1].jpg (23KB, 250x343px) Image search: [Google]
250[1].jpg
23KB, 250x343px
>>49970667
>funnels impact force
Seems a case of armchair expert to me, especially since Mk.5 armour and IRL bossages have the same form and are designed this way to cushion projectiles.

But yeah, they're porbably ornemental, as is the corset, and the real armour is under it. It's 40k, we got marines going in battle with togas and crests, or books strapped to their chests. And IIRC the cover for the SoB 2nd ed codex had a canoness with mini-flamethrowers on her heels.

I remember a thread a few days ago where an anon made some good point about how the ecclesiarchy could want to sexualize the SoBs, since it shows their respect of the decree passive.
>>
>>49970667
And then you reinforce the impact point, making the armor more effective for women than for men.

That is your complaint, that the impact force gets channeled to an important place? Well, fix the problem by reinforcement and bladecatches.

But that isn't really the problem, we know.
>>
>>49972094
>And then you reinforce the impact point, making the armor more effective for women than for men.
You're still getting a point slammed into your sternum on impact, and there's a point where layering on more shit is worse than just designing armor that doesn't require finangling a bunch of extra weight around to work about as well.

They have boob plate because it's stylish, and it works because technology.
that's the only answer of relevance
>>
>>49971101
>implying boob sweat on bills is a bad thing
Who're you, Adrian Monk? Sniff that shit bruh.
>>
File: inquisitors[1].jpg (104KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
inquisitors[1].jpg
104KB, 800x800px
>Not using Prodos figs as replacement Sisters
Why even play Sororitas.
>>
File: 1470418787277.jpg (53KB, 966x828px) Image search: [Google]
1470418787277.jpg
53KB, 966x828px
Wouldn't boobplate be better? Since bullets magically are attracted to the middle of the chest why not make the middle more armoured and so reduce the amount of material needed on the rest?
>>
File: visionaires.jpg (71KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
visionaires.jpg
71KB, 800x800px
>>49972941
>Not using the better version of SoB replacement for SoB
>>
Considering the reasoning behind having them. I'd go with it being more symbolic. They want to show that these are female warriors, and their armor is structured in a way to emphasize this.
>>
>>49971042
I'll activate her with my heavy weaponry if you know what I mean.
With a KV128 Stormsurge, if that wasn't obvious from the context.
>>
>>49972963
Boobplate will deflect the shot INTO the chest, not away from it.
>>
>>49973159
Read it again.
>>
>>49973159
That is why you make the chest area between the boobs thicker! Why bother with all the rest of the plating if everything goes magically into that particular area!
>>
The whole deflecting to the middle despite being a stupid argument in the first place, also assumes they're staying square ahead, and the shot/blade hitting the middle center of the breast in the first place. Assuming the deflection did nothing to dampen the force, which it actually would, the damage done is about the same as it would have been if it just penetrated where it would have originally.
>>
>>49973225
>>49973236
I assumed you meant middle from top to bottom.
Still, wouldn't a bulkier chest with angles like that deflect shots into the face instead?

Not sure why it shots would magically go towards the bewbs though.
>>
File: bossed tower.jpg (86KB, 800x518px) Image search: [Google]
bossed tower.jpg
86KB, 800x518px
>>49972069
>even their fortifications have boobplate.
>>
>>49973343
With a deflection only a part of the force is absorbed and you generally want to have that force directed off your body, especially away from your vitals.
>>
>>49973413
Yes, but if it was a square plate, there would have been no deflection anyways and since it's strong enough to Pierce between the boobs, it would have just went straight through your lungs or heart.
>>
>>49973447
Power armor isn't flat, it's convex.
Modern tanks work like that too, so as to not absorb the entire impact on a small area.
>>
>>49973495
Disregarding the cups, I mean.
>>
Hord the Dragonslayer, my Barbarian has worn nothing but a fur loincloth, bracers, sandals and a golden chain necklace for like 20 years. (Yes, I am super gay).

I really don't see the problem with boob plate.
>>
>>49973495
Fair enough. that would help with some excessive force and side glances. But something that would hit the inside of the breastplate like that is unlikely to me shot off to the side, resulting in a penetration somewhere in the middle even on conventional power armor.
>>
>>49973379
He's joking about the whole "boobplate would be instakill" attitude some have, which is extra funny in a setting like 40K where close to nothing makes sense.
>>
>>49973013
Sad thing is the scale on those is way off. They're 32mm minis and tower over Space Marines.
>>
What's the point off genetically modified super human physique if they'll be using power armor anyways?
>>
>>49973495
>modern tank armor is convex so the impact is distributed on a wider area
Go say that to the threadhead general on /k/, they'll be delighted to hear it.

This thread is full of bullshit misconceptions and uninformed opinions on armour and physics in general, it's a real mess.
>>
>>49973400
Doesn't this make it easy to scale the walls?
>>
>>49973807
Welcome to /tg/, its a silly place.
>>
>>49970667
I dont' know. I feel like if some motherfucker manages to slam you in the chest with a warhammer you're probably fucked either way.

Maybe a little more fucked with boob plate, but still fucked.

Probably less fucked then the person whose unarmored chest gets hit with a warhammer, though
>>
>>49973687
Just compared an Armored Crusader to the Dark Angel Librarian you get in Dark Vengeance, she was about 1mm taller from foot to the top of the head (helmet-majig on the Librarian).
Not that bad I think, they have heels too so can blame it on that - at least that's what I will do!
It goes to shit when you look at it in lore heights thought, but using these Prodos models isn't exactly lore anyway.
>>
>>49973807
I don't know the exact details of the science behind it but our APC had oblique angles that were supposedly supposed to deflect shells betting coming straight on, but really what saved our hides from RPGs were theses metal grates that jut out about two feet from the armor that they would hit, blow off a chunk of the grates and leave the stuff behind it mostly intact, but scorched.
>>
>>49973807
I meant that the principle of deflecting shots with angled armor. I don't think any tanks are convex.
>>
>>49970576
It doesn't matter if it isn't 'real'. The problem is that it enhances the kinetic force of blows to the sternum, thus liqeufying/cracking anything underneath. A hypersonic bolt shell (typical of those used by space marines and their chaos brothers) will fuck a sister up with a center of mass shot to the sternum whereas she might normally survive if her breastplate was sloped.
>>
>>49971170
>Maybe they have bood armor because...well they have boobs.

The boob armor does not actually cup the boob, anon. They wear the equivalent of sports bras and a bodysuit underneath, as unlike Space Marines they don't have access ports riddled across their body to interface with the armor, and therefore need the undersuit.

There are also multiple "layers" to Power Armor - the ceramite plating on the outside that provides the "Armor," the exoskeletal system underneath the plates that provides the "Power," and, on non-Astartes, the undersuit that allows the wearer to use it without chafing or pinching while ensuring a snug fit around the body.

The boobs are purely ornamental, which, for Sisters of Battle, is 100% acceptable, especially given how much ornaments Sisters put on their expensive as fuck armor to begin with.
>>
>>49973902
I think the reality of things is that 40k is ultimately a high fantasy setting. Realism and practicality are not high on the list of things for a genre that cares more about style and theme.
>>
>>49970895
Whats super, super funny about this comic is the "girl" is the one whose supposed to be the 'right' one here.
>>
>>49973902
Nice pseudoscience.
>>
File: photo_6558_250[1].jpg (26KB, 249x375px) Image search: [Google]
photo_6558_250[1].jpg
26KB, 249x375px
>>49973966
>The boob armor does not actually cup the boob, anon.
Maybe that's why they require power armor, to alleviate massive back pain - not for protection.
>>
>>49973902
>It doesn't matter if it isn't 'real'. The problem is

The REAL problem is that you spergs are criticizing one of the most absurdly over-the-top rule of cool settings because it's not realistic enough.
>>
>>49970576
All three of these actually make quite a bit of sense to me Op.

Also, they're used as promethium tanks.
>>
>>49973902
with the force behind the space marine weapons i doubt a little slope will save them if they get hit.
>>
>>49970576
As they can not be "Men under arms" it is a deliberate statement that the wearer is female.
Your point 2 is also good.
>>
>>49974051
Bewbies hehe
>>
>>49973812
You're gonna need a ladder to reach the top in any numbers that matter, anyway.
>>
>>49970895
I think people tend to not like watching women get outright brutalized like you see in some video games. You're never going to see a Saving Private Ryan opening-esque scene with majority women.

We're getting there though. I think more games are starting to have "mook" enemies as women. I know the Columbia police/army in Bioshock Infinite had some women and that made me pause and go "huh" for just a second before I resumed murdering everything.

As for 40k you point out DoW 3 but if you watch the DoW 2 opening cinematic you can watch a number of howling banshees get absolutely fucked up. Crushed by an assault marine, chainsworded, flamered, slammed into a cliff by a dreadnought. So it is there.

I think it's not as common because it tends to make people either uncomfortable or there just haven't been as many "generic female trooper" type characters in the past so there haven't been that many opportunities for it.
>>
>>49970576
Not super familiar with 40k but in this case the boobplate doesn't seem so bad. Sure, you can make the whole "deflects towards centre of the chest" arguement, but that's only for DEFLECTIVE armor, and it seems that most of the plate-looking armors in 40k are mostly ballistic in nature, absorbing and crumpling and slowing projectiles instead of deflecting them away, essentially like how modern body armor works. The misconception just comes from it's resemblence to deflective steel plates, which work best against primitive projectiles or bladed melee weapons. I think deflective armor is probably pretty useless in 40k, since most melee attacks are just going to crush/melt/punch/rip their way into armor anyways.

Like chainswords, which seem to be able to cleave through plate-like armour, somehow. Admittedly most of it sees to be "rule of cool"
>>
>>49974191
Gears of War backed out of it in 2, but 3 had chainsawable wimmen.
>>
>>49972963
>why not make the middle more armoured and so reduce the amount of material needed on the rest?
Stupid logic, powered armor is supposed to be fully protective gear, along the same lines as articulated plate (but in space). You COULD stick a slab of concrete between the tits to absorb or disperse the extra force directed there. Or you could just make a piece of gear that doesn't require extra weight (and in this case, extra power to lug that extra weight around) to be viable.

Boobplate can be "better" for stylistic/thematic/fashion reasons. But it can't be "better" when looking at purely defensive capabilities. Since this is 40k, purely defensive capabilities don't matter. But If we must be looking at things realistically, marine powered armor is significantly better designed than sister of battle powered armor.
>>
>>49974753
Marine power armor is pretty shit too from a practical point desu.
>>
File: hugh-keays-byrne.jpg (41KB, 480x302px) Image search: [Google]
hugh-keays-byrne.jpg
41KB, 480x302px
>>49970812

What about male plate ? You know, the roman one with male muscle decoration ? I figure that the impact force wouldn't be funneled as much as a boob plate, but maybe the aesthetic and the psychological impact on your own soldiers is worth it ?
>>
>>49974804
Right because it's stupidly huge and hinders movement. But as far as protection goes, thick, rounded surfaces aren't bad.

They benefit from having an extremely simple design. Unlike most space shooting men, they don't have a million little shot traps all over their person.
>>
>>49974753
Missing the point. He was making fun of people going boob plate = Insta kill due to boob plate some how attracts bullets and sword to that particular area.

In that stupid logic, making the magical cleavage of doom with extra protection would solve the problem
>>
>>49974191
Banshees are kind of unique in that they register less as female because of their masks.
>>
>>49970576
>1) the breast plates dont actually contain the sisters boobs. they are just ornamental and that under them is armor which is actually covering the womans chest. the reason they have them is more for showing off that they are the Daughters of the Emperor.
This is already canon. The (idealized) human form is literally holy in the Imperium. As representatives of the Ecclesiarchy, Sisters' armor could be specifically designed to evoke Renaissance art and nobody would bat an eyelash.

It's not there for titillation, at least in-universe.

Just like how skulls have a different connotation: in our world they're a spooky symbol of death, while in the Imperium they're a symbol of purity and human unity.
>>
>>49970952
I read that as beam lactatiors, and now I'm imagining some sort of breast milk gun installed in the chest. Thanks Slannesh.
>>
>>49973871
>
Well the Russians got big into the whole conical turret thing on the BTR's and BMP's for a bit.

Their MBT's since the T-54 have all had upturned soupbowls for turret with the idea that the rounded shape would be quicker to induce a ricochet due to a higher chance of shots against it being at a higher critical angle (as high speed projectiles will eventually bounce off a solid surface at a certain angle and beyond... it's a whole mess of physics).

Still not concave though.

The closest you can get to concave is the extended plating on the Leopard 2A6 and I think the Chinese Type-99. The actual turrets within are still not concave though.
>>
>>49975766
Let's call it a "celebration of a remarkable trait of pure humanity: sexual dimorphism... As the Emperor willed it."
>>
>>49970576
What if Bolter Bitches have boobplate as a fuck you to the High Lords? Like "well lookie here oops we aren't men are we fuck your decrees".
>>
File: 1122471266_cb6d9a242a_o.jpg (164KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1122471266_cb6d9a242a_o.jpg
164KB, 853x1280px
>>49974105
>>
>>49974191
Why would I give a shit about the gender of the enemy I kill?
>>
>>49976531
Because love can bloom on the battlefield.
>>
>>49976514
yeah a bolter round would go right through that.
>>
File: BA_Sanguinary_Guard.jpg (430KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
BA_Sanguinary_Guard.jpg
430KB, 873x627px
>>49974859
>What about male plate ? You know, the roman one with male muscle decoration ?
ROCK. HARD. OLD MAN NIPPLES.
>>
>>49970728
The females are modeled with thigh-high boots or leggings and the males are modeled with combat boots and slacks according to the instructions, but everything is interchangeable, so it's entirely up to the modeler.
>>
File: icariates.jpg (232KB, 1280x471px) Image search: [Google]
icariates.jpg
232KB, 1280x471px
>>49973013
Raging Heroes does way better than those. Plus they're 28mm, not 32mm.
>>
File: le delete this meme.png (235KB, 525x716px) Image search: [Google]
le delete this meme.png
235KB, 525x716px
>>49974859
>he doesn't know about BA

My reaction is in this image.
>>
>>49977150
>the painter has literally highlighted the nipples

This just makes me laugh. Especially since this kind of orientation was reserved for the Greeks... The BA are certainly not Greek. Minotaurs are Greek. Custodian Guard are Spartans.
>>
>>49970728
>>49977136
Dark Eldar were like that long before Harlequins. All Dark Eldar torsos are compatible with all of their legs, which have no distinctive difference between the various legs, and it goes for both Kabalites and Wytches, which are primarily Male and Female respectively. (I believe the kits are 7/3 each way.)

Because Elves make the best traps, regardless of if they're in space. Or clowns.
>>
>>49974859
I'll never understand that whole "force redirection off boobs" complaint. I've seen people point to some bs article on tor.com that makes a lot of claims but doesn't really back them up with, you know, anything. Like somehow a sword that hits a metallic boob curve will strike unerringly at the heart as opposed to slipping to an awkward angle so the weapon flies out of the hands of the person wielding it. And if we're talking bullets it makes even less sense. If you're using metal armor in a sci-fi gun setting it'll be some badass super metal that doesn't exist which are generally hyper resistant to bullets. But even then a ricochet depends on the angle it strikes and bullets actually lose force as they deflect since energy is transferred to every surface they come into contact with. Basically you don't want to be shot in the chest period. The heart isn't dead center but the spine still is. You have the lungs and any bullet that cracks into ribs can send bone fragments into internal organs. Not pretty regardless of the shape of your armor.

And that's just if you're dealing with real life. Most tabletop games, I would imagine, don't have mechanics for bullet deflection off boob armor. Whether the setting has magic or aliens or elder gods or magic alien elder gods, I don't know, for some reason boob armor is such a huge sticking point. I suspect people actually just really want to talk about boobs.
>>
>>49977179
The Imperium as a whole is primarily based off Rome and they were huge Greekaboos, so it's no wonder that Greek shit sneaks it's way into everything, I mean there's three other extremely Greco-roman styled chapters.

>Ultramarines
>Iron Warriors
>Alpha Legion

But in regards to why the BA love their nipple-plate so much, it's because Renaissance era artists had a boner for Greek mythology and painting/sculpting people naked. So were one to base armor off of that style, it's not a far stretch to go for the Nipple-plate.
>>
>>49972172
Do you even 40K? Any weapon that can penetrate Imperium power armor isn't going to give a shit about whether it's redirected into the sternum or if that point is reinforced or not.
>>
File: Leonardo-Robot3.jpg (272KB, 1370x1370px) Image search: [Google]
Leonardo-Robot3.jpg
272KB, 1370x1370px
>>49976514
Oh great, so now when a sword slams into the chest it gets sloped to either side and winds up guided straight to the opening for the arms at the shoulder where you either end up stabbed or have a length of metal lodged into the joints so your mobility is fucked. The entire design is fucked! Why else would Leonardo have been trying to design his mechanical drones?

I wonder if anyone will take that seriously.
>>
File: fKl9H_zps519e36ef.jpg (87KB, 1024x518px) Image search: [Google]
fKl9H_zps519e36ef.jpg
87KB, 1024x518px
>>49970576
>1) the breast plates dont actually contain the sisters boobs

That is obvious, unless all Sisters of Battle are as jugged as Hitomi Tanaka. Yes, I like the idea too, but it actually seems more implausible than things like Nurgle and Tyranids.

http://l-clausewitz.livejournal.com/384382.html

Now, can someone point out with any level of accuracy if pic related works or not?
>>
File: sobwg.png (2MB, 1284x1828px) Image search: [Google]
sobwg.png
2MB, 1284x1828px
>>49970576
>the breast plates dont actually contain the sisters boobs
they probably do, afaik Adepta Sororitas are not cloned or genetically modified and their armour is probably modified to allow for their breasts and various sizes unless they only allow sisters of particular body proportions and height to serve and wield power armour which would also make sense

>anything that the armor cant stop is going through the armor either way
true, power armour is not god like and completely impenetrable (that is terminator armour) but the armour is probably not modified to increase the defensive properties after all doing so would suggest you have a lack of faith in the Emperors protection and well that is heresy

>most of the sexualizing is faked by the Imperium
the Ecclesiarchy probably enforces the way all members of the Adepta Sororitas are portrayed and make sure it is feminine after all the only reason their exist and are allowed to continue to exist at least under the control of the Ecclesiarchy is because their entire order is comprised of females
>>
File: 1474898598548.jpg (24KB, 258x389px) Image search: [Google]
1474898598548.jpg
24KB, 258x389px
>>49974051
Oh god, im gonna hurl
>>
Why not just put boobs on the side of the armor. That way the blades will be directed toward the center of the side!
Or even better, have boobs that are detached from the main armor
>>
>>49978658
Holy boob grenades of antioch
>>
>>49978480
No face but don't act like you don't have a head erection.
>>
>>49978323
Actually that middle one is genius but they meed to move the boobs closer together so the "channel" between them is thinner than any blade. That way the sword ends up screaming in friction of metal against metal and loses all its force. Someone runs at you with a spear and gets it wedged in your Mariana Trench.
>>
>>49978323
>leather corset
>armour
Yeah those darn impenetrable cows.
>>
>>49978773
Dude, that's why you need to treat the leather. It's very important. Properly cured leather is essential to increasing it's toughness. Then you roll it around in pixie shit for an additional +2 to AC.
>>
File: 1415043056638.png (3KB, 196x171px) Image search: [Google]
1415043056638.png
3KB, 196x171px
>>49978323
>it will guide weapons toward your vital organs

I feel like someone made this statement at one point and now it's parroted endlessly by people who now fancy themselves expert in plate armor

I'm not saying it's wrong, I just picture anyone who makes it seeing an armor thread and then just this slow grin spreading across their face as they shove their glasses back up their nose as they prepare to wow everyone with their knowledge
>>
>>49978323
I'd imagine as well that properly boob fitted armor would be a bitch to maintain. With a general rounded section like the third image you have room for some dents an such. If it actually formed to your breasts any dent given would be horribly uncomfortable and has to be perfectly reshaped afterwards.
>>
>>49979094
Well the problem, I think, is how many experts on female plate armor are there? Because, historically, there sure as hell aren't a lot of examples of female armor. At most we have a few examples of women who cram themselves into armor made for men, sometimes even posing as men. Not necessarily Joan of Arc, of course, who despite being tried for dressing as a man only did so briefly to travel undercover in enemy territory at the suggestion of her advisors. It's not like she hid herself otherwise.
>>
>>49979094
Well it's true. How true is an exaggeration. If a blow/bullet bounces off the curve of a breast it's going to lose a lot of lethality.

What people are, or at least should, be referring to, is that if a blow were to squarely hit the center of the Sister's chest (ideally from a projectile/hammer) the fact that the center of the chest is flat/concave and flanked on both sides by the breasts means that their sternum suddenly takes the full force of the impact, and forms a perfect crumple zone.
>>
>>49979158
You'd presumably have some kind of padding or cushioning for your girls.
>>
>>49979240
When we're talking about bullets and armor this seems particularly silly. Especially when dealing with crazy ass 40K bullets that are often filled with explosive fuck you materials. If the armor itself isn't absorbing the kinetic force then there are very few places boob plate or otherwise you want to be hit, because the human body is really not very resilient.
>>
Clearly the boobplate was designed to direct force toward vitals so that sisters will die easier causing their comrades to become more inspired and fight harder
>>
>>49979321
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised at this rate.
>>
>>49979332
Just like how lasguns are actually horribly radioactive due to hilarious lack of shielding. Talk about being warmed by the Emperor's light in battle.
>>
>>49976514

Sideways boob armour.
>>
File: 1430670882528.jpg (99KB, 900x1220px) Image search: [Google]
1430670882528.jpg
99KB, 900x1220px
I'm surprised people complain about Sister armor sometimes. Sure, it's got boob plate, but overall it's fairly good armor by fictional female standards - everything is covered, most of it looks like proper armor. Even the boob-plate isn't that bad, and the corset could be covering a layer of plates or an armored mesh - the armor's already got robes, it's supposed to be showy as much as practical. The heels are a bit of a bother, but the gauntlets and greaves are great, and even the pauldrons look like proper pauldrons, if a bit larger than what is realistic (though small for 40k standards).

And honestly, it just looks good. The armor looks a lot like medieval plate, and is usually one color with the robes adding another for variety, and they don't look as bulky and awkward as Space Marines do.
>>
>>49979652
>I'm surprised people complain about Sister armor sometimes
It's just the same histrionic retards who have to complain about anything related to females no matter what.
>>
It's because men are attracted to the physical characteristics of women. 40k is incredibly masculine and as a result most ot the people who play it are men.
If we're really going to care about "realistic armour" then most of the armour and especially most of the tanks in universe may as well be thrown out the window.
>>
>>49979345
lasguns aren't radioactive.
>>
File: download (16).jpg (422KB, 750x896px) Image search: [Google]
download (16).jpg
422KB, 750x896px
>>49974040
so i went and read more the comic and i was really hoping it wasn't true, but yeah she is supposed to be the right one...sorta. they kinda point out her extreme defensiveness is based on something else entirely.
>>
File: Male boobplate.jpg (146KB, 686x504px) Image search: [Google]
Male boobplate.jpg
146KB, 686x504px
>>49978938
>Then you roll it around in pixie shit for an additional +2 to AC
Actually you would hammer iron dust into it, according to the Wu Bei Yao Lue manual.

>>49979094
>>49979238
The link I provided is about that, and was posted in 2008. I fancy it is the original.

>>49979158
>>49979259
The link also deals with that.

I'll put it again, with the title:
>Why female breastplates don't need breast-bulges
http://l-clausewitz.livejournal.com/384382.html
>In conclusion, a female warrior who wants to wear a solid breastplate isn't going to need anything more than a male breastplate sized for a man of about the same height as her
>>
>>49979949
That entire comic is so notoriously bad that I'm still convinced that it's a false flag meant to make trannies look bad because every single one is about a tranny kid being a dickhead to normal, reasonable people.
>>
>>49980020
Its written by a non-passing tranny anon.
>>
>>49980041
That would be part of the false flag.
>>
>>49980020
It's because they're psychotic.
>>
File: 9000hours.png (8KB, 1008x630px) Image search: [Google]
9000hours.png
8KB, 1008x630px
>>49979094
>>49979238
>>49979240
Alternatively, a deflection as shown, even as shown with the force deflected into the centre of the breastplate would result in greater armour effectiveness than the boobless plate to the left.
>>
>>49970576
SoB's are wearing fucking corsets into battle. If you take their armour seriously you might just be a submoron.
>>
>>49971310
It's the setting where the Dark Eldar literally consume pain and suffering to sustain themselves.
>>
>>49972172
In all honesty boob armour is no less realistic than women in combat roles.
We're already in the realms of high fantasy.
>>
>>49971388
Sauce Friend?
>>
>>49973902
Yea, she'll just have a massive hemaphorax instead of a cracked sternum.
Any massive trauma or puncture to anything within the ribcage is going to kill you unless you get medical treatment.
>>
>>49977150
I like how his knees have knee-abs.
>>
>>49977409
I remember some Anon actually make claims that funnelling a swordstrike between the boobs actually makes making armour easier because then you would just have to inforce that particular area of armour and leave the others as-is.

I don't remember the details but he was very convincing, actually.
>>
>>49981840
The added mass of reinforcement would not justify the poor design. Just deflect the blows away from the body.
>>
>>49978773
Cuir bouillé is fucking amazing, dude.

I know you people don't particularly like Skallagrim, but he's done some tests with a piece of treated leather and the shit actually blew my mind and I already knew about boiled leather.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuEVjxLrc9k

Shooting it has more impact apparently, looking at his video and this one by another channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDvTXprbAO4

I'm actually amazed that a properly made gambeson apparently has about equal if not even more protective qualities than boiled leather.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODS7ksbBRuE

I think for a culture that doesn't have much access to iron or quality steel, resorting to a gambeson with boiled leather coats over it would be a viable option when it came to armour so all the iron/steel could go into weapons.
>>
>>49970576
>>49971468
For the more realistic situation, outside of 40k reasons for doing this, breast plates curved to such an extent to be used to take direct impact from weapons (not typical piercing projectiles i.e. arrows/bullets) are incredibly vulnerable for two main reasons.

First reason: surface area. The entire idea surrounding solid impact material is that by taking a blow directly, the energy gets diffused to everything it's touching proportionate to how strong bonds are, and the direction of force. Somewhat same principle as to how seatbelts actually do help you survive hard inertia. Put simply, the curved and dented parts of the plate have weaker integrity to the plate itself, aswell as having larger gaps between plate and skin. Think about holding the butt of a rifle to your shoulder, then holding a rifle 10cm out from your shoulder and tell me which one impacts your body worse.

Second reason: It's the other half of the first reason, which was diffusion. 'Concentration' is a very real problem. Warhammers and huge blunt weapons are far more effective against solid armor than piercing weapons (swords, knives). Harder to pierce, but can be hefted to carry much greater force and generally crack bones, cause internal bleeding without even breaking the skin or the plate armor. This is incredibly compounded when the area of body taking the impact is doing so with nothing touching it but 2 inches of material rather than a full torso pressed up against your skin (refer to proper rifle handling). Basically, it doesn't have to go through your armor in order to crack your ribs, puncture your lungs, and even crush your heart valves. It just has to knock you about strong enough.
>>
>>49981137
There is also the issue that if doesn't prenetraded the armor(which is actually pretty likely) the blow energy still ends up concentraded in very small area compared to a normal breastplate(unless the breastplate is a normal one with metal boobs attached to it).
>>
>>49981840
>funnelling a swordstrike between the boobs

Swords are levers. The amount of damage they deal is enormously dependent upon the angle of attack, and if they glance off of anything, that angle gets completely botched up, plus they lose most of the force from their swing. If the sword didn't carve straight through the metal boob on contact, it's sure as Hell not going to carve through it after glancing off.

Thrusting weapons are the problem (including a sword if you're using it like a mini-spear, which happened sometimes), because their force is almost entirely towards your body, which means if you deflect the blow from one part of your body towards another part of your body, you've only taken a tiny amount of force out, and also the exact angle of approach doesn't really matter so long as it hits some part of your body. A spear strike that's not strong enough to pierce through a convex surface instead of sliding off of it might be able to pierce a concave surface.

That said, a spear that can punch through a convex surface would probably punch straight through a flat or only slightly concave surface made of the same material, so you wouldn't be in much worse shape wearing boobplate than wearing a regular cuirass. Classical warriors got away with wearing pec plate for exactly this reason. It might've been slightly less effective in a very small handful of niche situations, but odds are excellent you will be killed by a decisive blow long before one of those edge cases comes up.
>>
>>49970576

It's a game. It's the rule of cool.
>>
>>49982021
Thanks, I'll make sure gamble sons have full functionality in the Larp I'm launching next year
>>
>>49970667
Are we going to start questioning the practicality of warhammer armor?

Because I think we have to start with the pauldrons then.
>>
>>49979891
Do you know that? Do you really know that? In this setting or all settings?

>>49981137
It's not like the longer slopes that direct the sword into the openings in the armor for the shoulder are great. The longer slope also runs the risk of the fighter picking up speed again if they put their weight down and use it as a channel. A much shorter, sharper slope is going to redirect the attacker's grip. There is no way they can maintain a straight-on attack as depicted and suddenly have the angle shift without twisting their hands. Then with them twisted out of position they're going to impact the other boob cup. Assuming the attacker can maintain their grip and not have the weapon twisted or jolted out of their hands, force is still going to be lost on initial impact and more is going to be lost by the unintended resistance of the attackers own hands suddenly redirected to an angle of attack they didn't intend. Even then this supposedly deadly design flaw can actually be made to work for you if you employ spiked metal nubs on the slopes of the boob armor curved to act as catches for the enemy's weapon. Even if the attack manages to break off said nubs there will still be a crucial loss of force to the attack.

And of course there's just the sheer mathematics of it. Your image is two dimensional while the actual breast slopes would be rounded. Where exactly the sword blade takes it's trip down breast valley depends on where it hit and the angle of the attack. Some of these redirections MIGHT be beneficial under specific circumstances if it is complimentary to the body position of the attacker. Others will be detrimental to the attack and even potentially put the attacker in a vulnerable position. Regardless the number of factors involved will hardly render the boob plate a "hit this spot for a guaranteed kill." Which fine, that makes sense. You don't typically flail away at the armored chest of an attacker you go for the vulnerable seams between plates.
>>
I imagine battle sisters are going to have trained to the peak of their physical fitness, meaning little body fat and little to no boobs. The boob plate would be ornamental.
>>
>>49985838
You can still be fit, trim, low body fat, and have boobs. Depends on certain genetics, hormones, etc. The body likes to keep fat there since those are the baby feeding bags so it stores fat for local energy.

Now if they're "conditioned" like female Russian olympians than hell yeah.
>>
>>49985204
yeah. there's no indication or mention ever that lasguns are radioactive, or that they involve any radioactive material.

The vanguard RADIATION GUNS that the skitarii use are radioactive, yes.
>>
>>49979652
So close to being a good post. Check your facts again in that the sister's models have never had heels and the only picture that has ever showed them with them is the 2nd edition codex cover that blanche did. other than that, they've never had heels.
>>
>>49986337
If you followed the conversation through you might have noticed people weren't necessarily being serious, anon. I know people take their 40K seriously, for some reason, but when it's a line of discussion about the Imperium doing things that get their own soldiers killed. Hence, as I read it, an unshielded atomic reaction being called the warmth of the Emperor's love.
>>
>>49983037
ha ha i know but i wanted to share the argument my friend made.
>>
Monoboobplate for life
>>
>>49986776
yeah i was wondering where that was coming from.
>>
>>49981724
Oh my...
This has to be satire, but at the same time it's an official GW model; I'm so confused right now.

>>49987722
No need to go that far. A lasgun would actually make you blind after prolonged use due to light refraction on particules at the end of the barrel. And since we don't see a lot of guardsmen with googles...
At least get your grimdark straight.
>>
File: LaserDangerSign.gif (36KB, 1050x692px) Image search: [Google]
LaserDangerSign.gif
36KB, 1050x692px
>>49988052
Bullshit. Read a fucking codex for once in your life. The Imperium has these warning stickers mandated on all lasguns. They're perfectly covered as far as the law is concerned and not liable for any damage.
>>
>>49988162
I didn't mean it as looking directly into the beam.
Since you're usually looking at what you're shooting at, the light scattered by the atmosphere and the plasma flash when the laser hits the target would be sufficient to cause retinal injuries after repeated use.
>>
>>49988162
He's right - the scatter from moisture in the air is enough to cause retinal damage on a moderately powerful laser.
>>
>>49970895
I run a female eldar in EC and I haven't noticed any let up in the executions when I get executed.
As much shit was left on the cutting room floor to hit the street date, I'm not surprised.
>>
>>49988496
Why would the Imperium care? That's why the use lasgun spam. You don't have to be accurate.

>>49988521
What is it with people today taking things 100% seriously. The post >>49988162 doesn't say the sticker protects them from eye damage, it protects the Imperium from being sued. That's a joke, you know, given the Imperium can just call you a heretic and shoot you in the head.
>>
>>49982217
If the force is that strong it doesn't fucking matter if it's a male breastplate or a boob plate, you gigant autistic.
>>
>>49970576

I'm tired of people complaining about this stuff. Especially from the sexism angle. When I RP, I always visualize my character as being sexy, even if it has no bearing on the game, and have no problem imagining my character's tits being so big that her armor needs extra space for them. Even if it's unrealistic, it's not any crazier than monsters and magic.

I'm a grill btw;)
>>
>>49972941
"Umm-S-sister superior, why are the most vulnerable of our bodies completely exposed to enemy fire while everything else isn't"

"Faith my sister!"

"Uh--- okay, but why do our powerfists have chaos start on them"

"I never said it was faith in the Emperor."
>>
>>49977143
Those flashy poses and helmets make me think of the custodes from TTS, they're just trying so damn hard to be dramatic.
>>
File: 2565390439_90569d6b6a.jpg (125KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
2565390439_90569d6b6a.jpg
125KB, 375x500px
>>49970576
Sometimes armor design is partially for comfort, style, or just fucking stupid.
>>
>>49989065
you're a grill?! whose into busty girls? that's cool i wont judge a cooking device for its life choices.
>>
>>49989065
Then the GM should add a modifier so your character sustains extra damage from concussive force to the torso. And your character should be told to wrap her god damn tits.
>>
>>49988678
Yes it does moron. Real breastplates were sloped, especially those bulletproofed against pistol and arquebus fire, and were shaped like the bow of a ship so rounds would glance either left or right, robbing them of all their force. If you have a convex surface where force is directed against the armor itself, it's going to fucking fail.

Nigga do you even tank? This is the entire concept of why sloped armor is good and why flat surfaces are terrible.
>>
File: seraphim.jpg (114KB, 1024x782px) Image search: [Google]
seraphim.jpg
114KB, 1024x782px
When women dress, they like to take care in their appearance. They dress nice to get attention, and to feel good about themselves. Men do it as well, but the reaction they want to solicit is more respect than desire.

That's universal to humans. Even someone as totally fucking dour and humorless as space marines and battle sisters ARE STILL HUMAN, otherwise what is the point of fighting for humanity if you are an unthinking, uncaring machine.

Do you think for even a second that space marines didn't purposely design their armor and weapons to be cool and awe-inspiring? Ornaments every-fucking-where, skulls on every surface, red glowing eyes, spiked fists, chain swords, seals literally out the ass. They're all about flash and dressing to impress. So why, why would women in the same position be any different? They're still female, they feel like women, they don't want to hide the fact and feel no need to because they aren't oppressed. Femininity isn't a dirty word in the grim, far future. If they want boob armor and skirts, why the hell not?

Most of the stuff space marines wear is incredibly impractical and unrealistic, it would never work. By comparison battle sister armor is unpractical but usually looks like it could actually function and be worn. And taking into account that they are fanatics, why would they care if having a pair of tits make them more susceptible to getting hurt? Then they die a hero and become a matyr quicker, and at least they knew they looked rad as fuck when they died.

People who have a problem with boob plates are either sour old feminists with vinegar-vaginas or neckbeards who have an allergy to fun.
Neither should ever be acknowledged.
>>
File: ir80704bb_2.jpg (172KB, 1009x500px) Image search: [Google]
ir80704bb_2.jpg
172KB, 1009x500px
>>49989331

>grill
>girl
>cooking device

Pretty sure there's a sexist joke somewhere in there lol. Anyway yeah, tits are awesome.

>>49989391

How about no? Pic related.
>>
>>49989423
> especially those bulletproofed against pistol and arquebus fire
No such thing ever existed you moronic, halfwitted cockgobbling knobgoblin. Breastplates were NEVER bulletproof which is why armor was phased out quickly with the advance of blackpowder weapons. The cuirass ONLY stuck around as protection against swords and laces but did fuck-all against a bullet and weren't meant to. When melee weapons began disappearing totally in favor of firearms, so did metal armor.

You are clearly completely clueless, so kindly do not reply to me again with more of the same pointless garbage pulled straight from the fetid recesses of your ass.
>>
>>49989467
The armor on the left was barely worn in war and was largely ceramonial- contrary to popular belief the Greeks did not run around in muscle armor all that much, and the main armor they wore was multiple layers of linen glued together to form a tough blade-stopping vest. Likewise the dick armor on the right is from a suit of tournament armor made for Henry the Eighth, you mong.
>>
>>49989506

Doesn't really matter. See >>49989445
>>
File: bulletproofed.jpg (299KB, 700x1184px) Image search: [Google]
bulletproofed.jpg
299KB, 700x1184px
>>49989503
>>
File: 1410921748833.jpg (137KB, 640x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1410921748833.jpg
137KB, 640x1000px
>>49986776
There's that Blanche art you mentioned, there's >>49978430 and some other official art. I'll admit that it's not very common, and you're correct in that it's not in any of the models, but it's at least in some art, and a bit more often in fan art.

I guess it's also kind of in the fan imagination, so to speak, since it's more common in fan art. Sort of like how so many sisters are depicted with white hair despite only one order really having that.
>>
File: watto da fukku amio rejin.jpg (94KB, 417x600px) Image search: [Google]
watto da fukku amio rejin.jpg
94KB, 417x600px
>>49989594
>Japanese "rifles"
>>
>>49989445
I'd say that's a good point - it's not as if women across history have worn clothing considered appealing or sexy just because they were forced to by men - but wouldn't the ornamentation that Sister armor does have count towards the awe and attention stuff anyway? They are human, but they are still zealots and fanatics who would rather remind people of their faith and the power of the Emperor than their own beauty.

>>49989683
The point that he's making is still sound - a lot of breastplates were 'proofed' by being shot, proving the worth of the metal with a dent that was left.
>>
>>49989683
And people call Americans fat.
>>
>>49989683
Muskets mate, not rifles. No medieval armour has ever been tested to stand up to rifles, as they weren't invented back then. Even European armour was only tested with muskets.

And for a while after the introduction of Portuguese arquebusses, the Japanese 'teppo' were actually superior to western designs, being more reliable and faster to load. The issue was that then they stagnated at the matchlock musket design, until the Europeans and Americans again showed up, this time with breach-loading brass-cartridge rifles.
>>
>>49989905
It does help that most of these rifles absolutely sucked. Too much powder and the rifle can explode. Too little and it can misfire. Sometimes the balls didn't even have enough force to pierce skin let alone a leather jerkin. Of course some historical accounts of such "misfires" could have been decently packed shots but the range was too far and the ball had lost momentum.
>>
>>49989905
Actually 17th century cuirasses can stand up to some modern pistol calibers, but utterly fail against magnum rounds. They did survive shots however from 18th century firearms.
>>
>>49990140
Main reason they were dropped is just how expensive it was to equip and maintain them, I think, on top of all the other gear troops might have to carry. Cavalry kept using breastplates for a while, but even in WW1, the war with the last armored cavalry charge, a lot of cavalry regiments fought dismounted in the trenches. Infantry officers sometimes wore gorgets in the 18th and early 19th centuries, but by that point they were decorative.

Makes you wonder how warfare might have gone if armor had continued to remain popular on some level for troops.
>>
File: Zeitbilder - Armor 001.jpg (49KB, 600x431px) Image search: [Google]
Zeitbilder - Armor 001.jpg
49KB, 600x431px
>>49990559
Eh. Just wait for powered exoskeletons to finally be effective, cost effective, and power efficient so it's possible to equip soldiers with metal armor they otherwise cannot practically wear without assistance.
>>
>>49971632
you own me a coke
>>
>>49978430
their helmets look like panties
>>
>>49989467
Dick guards were added to armour so that they could be removed separately and allow the knight to piss without having to spend twenty minutes removing his armour.
>>
>>49989683
actually pretty good, you'd be surprised of how good they were
>>
File: giphy.gif (252KB, 350x243px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
252KB, 350x243px
>>49989467
>>
File: north america.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
north america.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>Adepta Sororitas
>literally "The Sisterhood"
>the Daughters of the Emperor
>their defining characteristic is that they are female
>they are shining examples of the very best a woman can be
>expect them to dress like men and hide their female attributes

GET OFF THE STAGE!
>>
>>49991079
what?
>>
>>49988052
I don't think any guardsman has to worry about future possible health problems resulting from prolonged exposure to anything.
>>
>>49989391
This is why everybody quit your game and cut off contact with you, Brian. You need help.
>>
File: flatseer Idranel.jpg (43KB, 531x600px) Image search: [Google]
flatseer Idranel.jpg
43KB, 531x600px
>>49970576
>no boobplate
Idranel get out
>>
>>49992499
Go French or go home?
>>
>>49992499
>no boobplate
>get made fun of for being flat or possibly mistaken as a guy
>boobplate
>get booed for being sexualized and non-realistic

Obviously the only way to win is to put the girl in a skin-tight suit, but then put her inside of a mech.
>>
>>49992564
It's the best of both worlds, really. Especially when the mech has big ol' chest missiles.
>>
>>49978323
You need space both for clothes and your gambeson, armour that form fitting is just retarded.
>>
>>49992721
Eh, the whole thing pretty much is. Did Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser? Did Conan? Did Red Sonja? The spiritual heritage that D&D draws from never cared about historical accuracy, it was about the heroism. The adventure. The goddamn treasure! Oh the glorious loot.

But people act like a couple of bumps in the front of armor somehow is immersion breaking in games that otherwise have magic or elven cyborgs. Man, I just do not get it.
>>
>>49989270
Isn't that 90% of what 40k is about?
>>
>>49992525
I am midly hyped, but at the same time I'm afraid because Besson hasn't made a good movie in ages.
>>
File: ummmm.jpg (21KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
ummmm.jpg
21KB, 460x288px
>>49989503
>Breastplates were NEVER bulletproof
>You are clearly completely clueless
>>
>>49970576
Here is how it works:
To make figurines of Sisters different from figurines of every other fucking person on the battlefield, they have boobs. Not to mention how poor quality were first set and how even now, using much better stuff and quality control, things are still far from good.
It's like original tits of Lara Croft - they weren't huge for sexappeal. They were huge, because otherwise the crude 3D engine wouldn't even register them.

So yeah, your theory is fine, but I like to answer all W40k questions this way - "how hard it would be to make different model". For this reason I'm for example perfectly fine with all vehicles being tracked and nothing being wheeled.
>>
>>49970895
Just, like, don't draw attention to their gender, treat them equally.

I don't give more than a second of thought to the gender of the hundreds of bandits or raiders in Bethesda games.

Reminds me of how when anime hits males it's normal, action or funny but when they hit females it's dramatic "Oh no! They hit her! The battle waifu is actually a delicate flower who can't take a hit!" and she drops her weapon and falls to the ground, one hand covering the area she was hit.
>>
>>49971298
Oh /pol/, you always know how to make me laugh.
>>
>>49996197
He is not wrong. Women are more spiteful than men.
>>
File: 1403277612793.jpg (271KB, 1500x1061px) Image search: [Google]
1403277612793.jpg
271KB, 1500x1061px
>>49970895
>>
>thought this must be the defacto general since the actual general is autosaging
>nope, just a bunch of autists still raging about boob armour
>>
>>49970895
>When you execute one I'm not really sure if they use all the execution animations meaning they take it easy on the girls as not to be potentially sexually violent.
I'm not sure it is to not appear sexually violent, but just that violence against women is still seen in a lot of sectors of our society as wrong. Sort of like how most games won't let you kill kids, even when said kids are annoying little shits.

>do you feel there are ramifications (social or otherwise) of outright sending women to their death in games, TT or vidya?
In vidya, sure because there is so much attention on it currently. I don't think there is as much attention on TT since it is a lot more niche then video games, and so much of the actual happenings in any given game don't really spread beyond the actual players. The sort of people that like to kick up a fuss about this in vidya, can't easily put up a youtube video of your party's' fighter decapitating a female enemy. So it doesn't draw as much heat.

>>49974191
>You're never going to see a Saving Private Ryan opening-esque scene with majority women.
I agree with most of your post, but I think we will get to a point where we have achieved enough Equalityâ„¢ that we will see this. Honestly, I think when we get there we will have lost something as a society, but that is just my old-school attitude talking.
>>
>>49979238
Onna Bugeshia, literally female Samurai, had armour made specifically for them.
The external differences between the male and female armours are subtle but they exist.
>>
>>49973159
keep in mind that a deflected projectile loses a good portion of it's energy due to friction.
>>
>>49979094
It kind of is wrong tho.
Granted, the blow is deflected towards the middle. But a sword is never going to penetrate steel plate.
Also consider that the deflection causes friction and energy loss.
>>
>>49995791
Except the new Genestealer Cult vehicle has wheels. I mostly agree with your other points though.
>>
>>49989391
>extra damage from concussive force to the torso
would big tits not cushion the blow? Especially with armor on top to stop tearing.
>>
>>49981528
The author is Dowman Sayman. Not sure on the source, but my guess is it's Nickelodeon, a collection of short stories
>>
Why the fuck does anyone care about this shit? Its fucking fiction.
>>
>>49973764
Talking about marines or sisters?

Because sisters are normal humans.

Marines have a whole host of modifications and the power armour enhances them further.
>>
Ceremite armour is ablative you guys. All this redirecting the force nonsense is nonsense.
>>
>>49973764
So you can still move if the power armor is disabled, rather than becoming trapped in a half-ton steel coffin.
>>
>>49996869
What are the differences?
>>
>>49989758

They are beautified and beatified martyrs. And as another anon mentioned in this thread, its a very obvious indicator of 'Hey this is a female, we are totally not breaking the decree against men under arms!'
>>
>>49996217

We're both pretty spiteful and attack each other's appearance, but women are falsely led to believe there is peerage and safety in numbers and group think, so it gets more personal and vicious, while most guys seem to fall for the frat bro mentality of unfeeling drunken groups of dumb asses watching football (or handegg), guns, cars and/or arguing about nerd shit.
>>
>>49999620
On a guess, the ability to make your armor appear magically after it removes everything but your underwear after you spin around and speak the appropriate moon runes while glitter and rainbows shoot out of every pore in your body.

Trust me, you do that on the battlefield most enemies will have trouble fighting you due to their horror erections.
>>
>>50002768
fair point
Thread posts: 226
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.