[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 34

File: ss.jpg (189KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
189KB, 800x1000px
Previous Thread: >>49941531
>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH
http://www.mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/%5BWtF%5DThe_Pack.PDF
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a1kpjrm41yzozkq/V20_Ghouls_%26_Revenants.pdf

>Because that faggot wont stop asking for it
http://pastebin.com/u/Aspel

>Mage 2e Errata
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxveHUKxwBU9UUZ4UjZJdEhIM2c/view?usp=sharing
>new mega
https://mega.nz/#F!rFIDxRRK!IEzkLlroRoPwmDqtxKRMsw

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/unpacking-a-content-community-and-other-stuff-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question
Do your games feature time travel?
>>
File: 1477333071603.jpg (37KB, 406x700px) Image search: [Google]
1477333071603.jpg
37KB, 406x700px
>>49969547
>Do your games feature time travel?

Hell the fuck no.
>>
>>49969547
I think the only time I'd use time travel in a game is if I was using Dudes of Legend.

Are you a bad enough vampire to save the president from time-travelling wizards?
>>
Not as a default. I think it's only shown up in my Mage, Mortal (God-Machine flavored), and Demon campaigns.
>>
File: 1477221526774.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1477221526774.gif
2MB, 540x304px
This is how I Animalism.
>>
repoast from last thread

>>49966205
>So wouldn't having a goalless splat for crossover games be an almost good thing?
As someone in a crossover game with a Beast, you'd think that, but they feel like they don't have a lot of player agency since they don't have many real goals to work for rather than the ones other PCs present. They have been trying to bring their own backstory stuff up more, but it isn't really feeling all that compelling at the moment.
>>49966226
>It's not 100% goalless. It's just that all of their goals are completed from the moment they get a super friend.
Yeah, feeding for them is no problem at all. The vampire at least manages to still bring vampire problems for us to deal with to the table even when they have all the blood they need because vampire society has intrigue, goals, and active things for us to deal with. Beasts have...nothing
>>
>>49970107
Why does she have a 25 on her tongue
>>
>>49970200
Number of dicks he sucked
>>
>>49970200
>Dubs command an answer and I obey.

It's his assigned number as a prisoner.
>>
>>49970249
But why tongue? Also he is a very pretty man even by anime standards. That long green hair and I just assumed it was a chick.
>>
Whatre good reasons for different supernatural characters to go adventuring?
>>
>>49970639
They met a Beast and all lover her now
>>
>>49970107
Filename thread: WoD edition?
>>
>>49970712
Or am I getting mixed up?
>>
File: Null Mysteris.jpg (132KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Null Mysteris.jpg
132KB, 1280x720px
>>49970712
>>
>>49970712
I'm behind on Uber, did replacement skinchanging Hitler get outed publicly or is that just some Nazis in the know talking there?
>>
>>49970639
They like each other and don't buy into the contradictory pseudomythical bullshit required to be upstanding members of their local hobo shaman ring, goth get-togethers at the public library, furry convention or whatever the fuck mummies do.
>>
>>49971051
I don't want to spoil too much,but those two are very much in the know of things hidden from general public.

Katjuscha best girl!
>>
Does anyone have an idea where to acquire some sort of image of the 1997 VtM character CD reference guide? Damn thing is so out of print that the original CD-ROMs start dying.
>>
File: neardark03.jpg (37KB, 700x388px) Image search: [Google]
neardark03.jpg
37KB, 700x388px
>>49970118
From what I've seen Beasts are like the friend that enables you to do hard drugs, because they find it hilarious but can't do all the more crazy shit. They hold their own, but you only keep them around because they've actually got a car and bus you around.

tfw you realize Beasts are basically the Bard of Cod
>>
File: RegalSkell.png (701KB, 796x398px) Image search: [Google]
RegalSkell.png
701KB, 796x398px
>>49970639
-Getting paid by a Doctor Doom NPC to work on the same project
-A mystery is pulling at the cords of several splat communities
-Common enemy
-Both fish out of water in a strange new world
-Previous History

Why do we work together?
>>
>>49966030
Take the "be a unique weird thing based on whatever idea you've got" of Changeling, but without the in-depth Kith character creation, mix it with a bit of Prometheans "I'm such an outsider" themes, but Vampire's "I'm the best stop trying to kill me for being a jerk" theme, and give it the trappings of a bit of Mind based reality from Mage (but only the spooky parts). Then learn nothing from Geist and give it no society or goals beyond the day-to-day.
That's Beast.

It's a lot of good ideas, some middling to annoying tone, and a lot of things to do that are all contradictory.

As a Beast, you're a nightmare monster. Thematically, you're treated as a reincarnation of ancient monsters like the Hydra or Medusa, though the fluff also indicates that you're more of a *dream* of the real thing. A Mage in a crossover fiction outright tells the Beast that he's just a Goetia. And frankly, that's the best way to look at them. They're Geist but with mind-forms instead of ghosts. It's pretty neat, but could use something like Kiths.

I'm wasting my 2000 characters, though.

Beast is about feeding your Hunger. Your desire to do shitty things because it sates the spooky nightmare that replaced your soul.

Beast is also about forming your own communities and families. Family is a big theme for Beast, and as a primordial nightmare creature, you are a dream of the real monsters, and you can learn from them and gain new powers (to better replicate the fears they represent). You can also feed your Hunger by watching them feed theirs--that is, a vampire drinking blood, a changeling supping on Glamour, or even a Mage delving into a Mystery. Which means you can ignore your own Hunger...
>>
>>49966205
Beasts being goalless means that in crossover they're essentially there because of the power of friendship.

>>49968347
If you want to get your D&D players in and slowly wean them off of the D&D style "kill everything" attitude, you might want to start with Werewolf: The Forsaken 2e. (and everyone is just assuming your players are murderhobos and you aren't correcting them, so I guess that's accurate)

Werewolf is a game about being a supernatural hunter. Once every few months you're compelled to pick a target and go hunt it. It's kind of more Shadowrun, often, and you don't always need to kill, but it's definitely encouraged. Done right, Werewolf is also a game where the things you hunt down require you to work as a team, and take down terrifying things that can kill even people with hyper regeneration.

But it's still in the Chronicles of Darkness, where social interaction is necessary and research, planning, and managing your networks is all a large part of the game. I mean, the Pack stuff is basically keeping everyone happy, and keeping people from fucking over your territory (if all else fails they become the target of the next Hunt)
>>
>>49971131
I'll have to wait for a storytime on /co/ like I usually do. I know it can't be that far ahead of where I'm up to, but the long publishing gaps make it hard to know when to start looking for new issues.
>>
>>49971434

Second half of Uber should be starting next year, they did a Kickstarter for it and everything.
>>
You think if Beasts had the power to transform into their monster in the physical world, as well as actual rules to make a monster, it wouldn't be so bad, and maybe if they werent so condescending towards heroes, it wouldnt be that bad?
>>
>>49972143

That still doesn't give them a whole lot to do, though it'd certainly make them more palatable. You'd think that there'd be more mechanical weight to "go look for the weird shit in the World of the Chronicles of Darkness to learn how to be a better monster, however you interpret that to be". Social philosophies as a splat sure would have helped. Shit, have that be a Z-Splat you can join from chargen if you REALLY need a Family/Hunger axis. The rules to make a new Chamber are ALMOST enough to justify seeking out the weird stuff, there just needs to be a mini-GMC type set of campaign seeds about really weird, fringe CofD places and events.
>>
>>49972210
Apparently the whole thing about Family Dinner, Kinship, Kin Nightmares, etc... were supposed to be incentives to stick your nose in everyone's business
>>
>>49969547
Mage? Absolutely.
Other lines?
Not so much.
>>
>>49972260

And those aren't completely terrible (Family Dinner's quashing of one of the Beast Problems aside), but there's not a whole lot there if you're playing Beast proper, which the game wants you to do as much as playing a Beast in some other game. Playing Beast proper is essentially just feeding and doing unspecified things while playing Whack-A-Hero, and maybe doing Beast Wars, if you're lucky enough to live in a town with a large enough Hive.

There's also the matter of this things ultimately being dives into chartered territory, both OOC and occasionally IC. You can't really explore the fringes and the weird things of the Chronicles of Darkness with the material presented to you in the core. You can't really get across the theme of "no small boxes" if you mostly hang out with creatures who are more or less defined by the boxes they live in. I think the real issue is that they just assumed that power boosts and custom powers would be good enough to satisfy STs and players, but there's got to be more meat than that.
>>
>>49972143
Worst Thing About Beast: The Fandom
Second Worst Thing About Beast: The Haters
Just ignore it and move on like other shitty games. You don't see anyone asking about how to fix Geist or Mummy the Resurrection because anyone with a brain has moved on.
>>
>>49972493

>You don't see anyone asking about how to fix Geist

I assume that's the people getting paid to write Geist 2e.
>>
>>49972595
Develop it. And they know how to fix it.
Throw it out and make a new game.
>>
File: LogoBloodlineTrueBrujah.png (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
LogoBloodlineTrueBrujah.png
37KB, 500x500px
>>49969547
>>Question

Only if a True Brujah/Caitiff with the Temporis disipline makes an appearance. If not, then no.
>>
>>49972493
>Beast: The Fandom
That makes Beast sound awesome, like a weird meta game where you're playing the entity where all the obsessive madness and focused psychic power of a fandom goes.
>>
>>49970239
>If you bought it, you should go to your Drivethru library and download it again, as it will have updated.
Oh, that worked. I tried downloading it from the product page which told me I'd already bought this product and gave me a link. My drivethru library had the final download version though.
>>
I work for Onyx Path/white wolf. Pitch me your chronicles/world of darkness setting idea.
>>
>>49973713
Swampthing: The Moist
>>
>>49973713
dicks everywhere
>>
File: 180px-ScaryWalrus.png (28KB, 178x131px) Image search: [Google]
180px-ScaryWalrus.png
28KB, 178x131px
Hey start a world of darkness game here soon and wanted to know is there any good modern city generator software out there.
>>
>>49973713
License Metalocalypse to make an RPG set in that universe. You play Kloketeers
>>
>>49973801
>modern city generator software

As in, you want it to take place in a fictional city generated by some software?
>>
>>49973959
Yea
>>
>>49970107
Sauce?
>>
>>49969547
>V5 will be like MET

At least for vampire it won't. Vampire MET is much different than anything they've announced as their plans for V5.
>>
>>49973713
Do an update of Dark Colony for V:tM and figure in revised canon such as Boston being under a Giovanni prince who is (nominally) loyal to the Camarilla.

A combined setting book for oWoD San Francisco that gathers together all of the different game lines under one cover. (Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, Changeling, etc.)
>>
>>49974853
>oWoD San Francisco that gathers together all of the different game lines under one cover.
i'd buy that. as long as it was actually all of them.

they definitely want to update the setting a bit but pay no attention to what BNS did. their setting update blows.
>>
Why do people act like WoD is 100% angst all the time?

Of the line of games, I've only ever played VtM, but I played a punk Brujah who dreamed of turning NYC into New Carthage, and at the end of the campaign I shoulder-checked the city's Prince off a skyscraper then made a joke.
>>
>>49975243
Because a sizable (and loud) fraction of the fandom will insist that what you just described is completely missing the point of WoD and "playing the game wrong", and WoD is supposed to be all about mature adult angst and drama, not like those escapist fantasy loving D&D fags.

Hell, given some of the things that our new White Wolf overlord has said about where oWoD "went wrong", he might be one of those people.
>>
>>49975444
I didn't play it like a superhero campaign. There was intrigue, my character had to make tough moral choices, and so on. But life is complicated. Monolithic depressing dreariness would get old after twenty minutes.
>>
File: d1d.png (441KB, 1050x925px) Image search: [Google]
d1d.png
441KB, 1050x925px
>>49975444
TRIPS DEMAND THAT YOU ELABORATE ON THESE STATEMENTS ABOUT THE NEW CREATIVE DIRECTION!
>>
>>49975543
>Where did White Wolf “get it wrong” last time around? What are your least favorite parts of the IP?
>Anything that smells of Fantasy. The attempt to create a deep mythology by linking the setting to Exalted was the worst choice ever. That was the last step in WoD’d death-march from being an artistic horror-IP to full on immature, escapist Urban Fantasy. The inability to deal with and integrate real-world events in the setting. If you can write about the Holocaust, you can write about 9/11. Fear is the death of creativity. The game was always best in the hands of storytellers who dared to place the story close to reality, often in their own cities, featuring real places and people.
>>
>>49975639
>The inability to deal with and integrate real-world events in the setting. If you can write about the Holocaust, you can write about 9/11.
This part is pretty fucking spectacular.

>How dare you not integrate the biggest tragedy on American soil in deccades into your game about badass trenchcoat vampires that ended in 2003, you fucking pussies!
>>
>>49975639
>>49975666
If this shit turns into a thread-eating argument, it's your fault, >>49975543
>>
>>49974853
>A combined setting book for oWoD San Francisco that gathers together all of the different game lines under one cover. (Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, Changeling, etc.)

What a clusterfuck
>>
File: MrBones.jpg (15KB, 229x200px) Image search: [Google]
MrBones.jpg
15KB, 229x200px
>>49975797
Enjoy the ride Anon, We can always get a new one. just like your puppy that 'ran away'
>>
>>49969547
Our group has a very strict ban on time travel. If you introduce it, everyone gets to smack you in the head for it.
>>
>>49975864
For Frisco, it makes sense. We call it the land of a thousand cults in our world.

The place is a weirdness magnet in addition to being one of the most iconic American cities as it is and would be great for a high power setting.
>>
>>49971166
Wait...
Bards have buff abilities built in. Beasts have Buff abilities built in.

...Crap he's right!
>>
>>49969104
Oh yay! Oh yay!

The council of reasonable Fiends shall now come to order. The first order of business shall concern our proposed tattoo and piercing parlor!

The local homeowners association has opened a challenge to our application for a business license upon the grounds that it would draw the criminal element to the neighborhood and, thus, lower property values. In response, we have sent them a politely worded letter!
>>
>>49975882
Eh, it's no so bad.
Just remember that people with Temporal Shielding (Time 2), and Archmasters, will notice differences, and attempt to correct whatever you change.

So if you're going to use it, minimise the butterfly effect.
The shorter the distance of time, the lower the chance of your "ripples" attracting their attention is.

So going back to your childhood to save your mother from being murdered? That's going to fuck with the world so much an Archmaster will likely go back, and personally murder your mother himself.

Stopping your Dog getting run over the day before yesterday? Likely nobody will notice.
>>
>>49975944
Tell me more
>>
File: bigtroublelittlechina.png (772KB, 940x400px) Image search: [Google]
bigtroublelittlechina.png
772KB, 940x400px
>>49976328
Okay, check it out. On the west coast, San Francisco occupies the same niche as New York; a cultural mecca. The culture is extremely Bohemian and it's been a thriving cultural, artistic, musical and intellectual hub for at least a century. It's also been a place that oddballs can thrive, leading to the development of the gay culture, hippy culture, punk scene etc. That includes alternative religions. Charles Manson and Jim Jones got there start there.

It's also been touched on by all of the game lines to a greater or lesser extent. It's the setting for the Changeling signature characters, Penny Dreadful the signature Hollow One hangs her hat. The Children of Gaia have a huge carry there and Vampire has given the city no less than three incarnations in three supplements and one novel (V20 has it as an anarch barony, previous incarnations have had the prince as variously Sarah Winder, Vannevar Thomas, Joachen Van Nuys and Sebastian Melmoth who is actually Oscar Wilde) with revised splitting the city between Kindred and Kuei-Jin.

There is great stuff there but the Old WWGS never seemed to know what to do with it and it is badly in need of standardization.
>>
Could somebody give me a dot breakdown for a high level supernatural character?

Doesn't matter if it's a Mage, werewolf, vampire, changeling, or demon.
>>
>>49977518
5 is damn good, 6 is exceptional, 7 is crazy, 8 is ludicrous, 9 is insane, 10 is superlative
>>
>>49976722
>Sebastian Melmoth who is actually Oscar Wilde

all of my yes
>>
>>49972260
>>49972352
The problem with the incentives is that they're kind of just... there. Like the other anon says, the Family Dinner ruins one of your themes (it doesn't need to remove it completely, but it makes it more hollow), although I suppose you could play it like friends helping you get over your addiction.
Beast should basically be run like Hunter or Mage, except with befriending. It also kind of hits a peak where you don't really need to keep searching, unlike Hunter or Mage.

>>49972595
Tons of people ask that. Don't you remember my shitty project to fix it?

>>49973801
I've never been able to find a good one.
>>
>>49975444
I don't mind things not being angst. I just don't like completely ignoring the tone.
I want the game to feel like any number of dramatic action shows on television right now. The Marvel Netflix shows. Sons of Anarchy. Game of Thrones. Breaking Bad. That kind of thing.
But a lot of what people seem to want to play and complain about other people not liking is anime bullshit games.
>>
>>49977915

All this Beast talk reminds me, did we ever get to see those Ready Made Beast Characters?
>>
>>49978443

Clearly the only solution is for someone to buy back the BESM rights from White Wolf. That is how we will contain the anime.
>>
>Rereading my review of [the first three chapters of] World of Darkness: Gypsies
Oh my God I forgot how terrible this book is. It's so dumb and doesn't work on any level.

Has anyone ever even played a Gypsy? I don't even think the book is technically playable.
>>
>>49978513
No, it's offensive and triggering
>>
What's your overall favorite official game line White Wolf has ever done?

http://www.strawpoll.me/11514746
>>
>>49978582
It's dumb.
It's dumb even if you ignore that it's meant to represent a real life ethnicity.
Oh my God it's so dumb.
It tries to do stupid crossover bullshit and handles it worse than Beast.
>>
>>49978513

So you'll be happy to know that it might get revisited in 5e, right?
>>
>>49978961
Daily reminder that this is the future Dracula wants.
>>
>>49978750

Well, for most that's obviously going to be Vampire, whether oWoD or CofD.

But fuck that, I went for Demon the Fallen. It has a special place in my heart.
>>
File: DespairoftheFallenOnes.jpg (148KB, 1319x832px) Image search: [Google]
DespairoftheFallenOnes.jpg
148KB, 1319x832px
>Changeling
>Mummy. MUMMY, by all that is unholy.
>No Demon

Fuck this shit. Demon has a fanbase too, dammit.
>>
>>49979226
>On the upside, Bloodlines is almost certainly getting a sequel, even if lightning is unlikely to strike twice.
>>
>>49979226

There's like at least two different versions of old Mummy, how are they even going to deal with that?
>>
>>49979254
Are there? What's the difference?
>>
>>49975639
>oWoD
>artistic horror-IP
Dracula seems to be a very funny guy.
>>
>>49973759
i'd so be down for this
>>
>>49979790

I was going to say that one could see 1e oWoD as artistic horror, but one of the first adventures has a d10 hunt table, so...
>>
>>49975639
>>49975666
Geist has 9/11 and living in the aftermath as part of the focus of The Modern Gomorrah, the New York City based setting.
There's even a sample Sin-eater and Krewe made up of people who died at Ground Zero trying to save people from the wreckage.
>>
>>49971382
Really? Nobody I thought said they were murderhobos. One or two have tendencies but the other four prefer talking 90℅ of the time so I dont think its too bad. Problem is everyone I ask doesn't want to do cWoD o CoD. Im really annoyed people just want the same flavour including some guys who actually do play other systems but the D&D mentality is so heavily entrenched. I guess the devil you know and all that but my players arw cool dudes I thought they'd be more open
>>
>>49982389
Well the D&D mentality is "murder people and take their stuff".
>>
>>49975136
Yeah, I kind of got that impression.
>>
File: Mr_Tambourine_Man_RED.jpg (153KB, 600x857px) Image search: [Google]
Mr_Tambourine_Man_RED.jpg
153KB, 600x857px
>>49975136
I guess just "World of Darkness: San Francisco" then.
>>
>>49978582
You sure like getting offended in other people's stead Aspel.
>>
>>49978582
Useless words. Just say the book's bad. It's just bad. That's why people hate it. A book being offensive is fine, good literature should offend, and 'triggering' is just tumblr misapplying the real nature of PTSD to anything that mildly discomforts them.
>>
>>49984078
>>49983933

Good work at being problematic shitlords
>>
>>49971133
I've searched extensively and had no luck. No-one ever thought to rip it and upload it.
>>
>>49983933
That wasn't even me.

>>49984078
No, saying "it's bad" is useless. Explaining why it's bad is meaningful and provides no context or justification. Children say something is "bad". Adults explain why.

More to the point, saying that "good literature should offend" is equally meaningless. There's plenty of good literature that doesn't offend, and being offensive is not the path to being good literature. There's also a difference between the "offensive" of radical new philosophies and the "offensive" of Othering and fetishizing the exotic. Gypsies is Song of the South, not Uncle Tom's Cabin.
>>
>>49984078

>Good literature should offend

This is literally the mindset that is giving us One World of Darkness. This is why we're probably getting "Nosferatu Did 9/11" or some shit.
>>
>>49975639
Why was Dracula think individual Storytellers didn't have the capacity to make those decisions and tell stories about those things? I don't want a sourcebook telling me 9/11 was an Inconnu plot, I don't want another appalingly researched "City by Night" book; I want sourcebooks on lost bloodlines, books like New Wave Requiem or Mage Noir that show what a different time or place or style might look like with the subject matter. But we can't do that, can we? WE CANNOT GO AGAINST THE DOGMA OF THE MOTHER CHURCH, screams His Holiness Ericsson the Dracula!
>>
>>49984326
Please stop giving them ideas. oWod is already stupid enough.
>>
>>49984326
wasnt it malkavians?
>>
File: LaCroix.jpg (101KB, 533x728px)
LaCroix.jpg
101KB, 533x728px
>>49984492
It's always the Nosferatu, anon. Always.
>>
>>49984078
>good literature should offend
Trashy provocative literature should offend, good literature doesn't care who it offends. That's an important difference.
>>
>>49979381
1st edition was an add-on for Vampire. Mummies had Humanity and SIX virtues. They took ages to reincarnate and existed to be a pain in a long term chronicle's ass.

2nd edition dropped to 3 virtues and Humanity. You still played an immortal that cannot die - kind of like Anne Rice's Mummy novel - but there was more setting and the fluff made more internal sense, even if it now sat somewhere at the junction of Wraith, Vampire and Werewolf.

Mummy: the Resurrection is the one pretty much everyone hated. It didn't sell, but they pushed out a player's handbook regardless before they threw a world-ending tantrum and gave them a shooter-on-rails world ending in Time of Judgement. Instead of Humanity, Mummies now had Ma'at. They were not as indestructable, but the powers were still pretty broken. The themes of 2nd edition, that of old age and the toll a long life takes on a person, were dropped in favour of a world where random boring people with a personal problem got a fragment of Egyptian soul welded to their spirit and gained a few powers. Hope, joy, renewal, etc. were the themes. It's such a contentious gameline that mentioning it often sets people barking.
>>
>>49984436

You're right, with the new European focus, it'll probably be "Get of Fenris did Brexit".
>>
>>49984568

Resurrection almost seems like a Proto-Geist by that description.
>>
>>49984244
>>>/d/
>>
>>49984244
>Othering
Meaningless word. If you feel alienated by something that's on you, it's not inherent in the literature to make you feel included.

>Fetishizing the exotic
Again, you're not really saying anything. Something being exotic and being treated as such is not necessarily fetishistic, especially if it is different and obscure. The gypsy lifestyle can't be neatly defined and for anyone, even the morons who snort and proclaim themselves "Roma" have no more claim over the cultural heritage than anyone else. Culture belongs to no one and is not to be defended or enshrined, it grows and changes and can be interpreted differently from both without and within. All are equally valid.
>>
>>49984425
So you're saying you want more OPP books? Okay. Buy those. No one's going to stop you. One World of Darkness is meant for the 90s grognards who want that style of WoD back.
>>
>>49984891
But it won't be. It can't be. Those oWoD products were a sort of fever pitch, this millenial fever that had us all looking at the calendar and shitting ourselves. The year 2000 seemed so ominous that numerous cults freaked out in the 90's and killed themselves, the Matrix came out and suggested reality was an illusion, the Millenium Bug led people to propose ever-escalating doomsday scenarios. X-Files, Millenium, The Crow, Interview with a Vampire. All the cultural elements are different now, the setting is going to be "updated" (read; metaplot bullshit explanations for real world tragedies), they have new ideas about mechanics....

At best, it's a funfair version.
At worst, it's Monte Cook's World of Darkness; Occupy Fucking Everything Edition
>>
>>49984862
This poster is ASPEL! Do not engage with ASPEL! Simply redirect ASPEL to /d/
>>
>>49985127
Why /d/?
>>
>>49984862
It's not that literature needs to make people feel included. It's that this literature is intentionally presenting an ignorant portrayal of a real world culture. One that the book intends to portray as heroic, but utterly fails at.
Likewise the treatment here *is* fetishized, so the argument that something being exotic isn't inherently fetishized means nothing. It's presented as "look at these weird strange people, aren't they so cool and different?" which is not just ~problematic~, it's annoying even when not applied to real world cultures who are made into caricatures.

Likewise, your understanding of how culture works is pretty shallow. The book is clearly about the Rom primarily, and a culture does indeed have claim to their own cultural heritage. Certainly more so than those outside of the culture.
I really can't imagine what kind of ridiculous leaps of logic you make that let you come to the conclusion that it's okay to use other people's culture in an insulting way.

Also, if you think those words are meaningless, I wrote about 9,000 more about why the book is bad, even if you ignore the racism.

>>49985048
People were preaching the end of the world was right around the corner long before the 90s.

>>49985127
You're really bad at this. I'm the person they're arguing with.

>>49985233
'Cause I'm a /d/eviant, duh. Although I get my porn elsewhere.
>>
>>49984862

>Culture belongs to no one and is not to be defended or enshrined

Again, intense ideology like this is why we're getting another "WoD: Gyspies" book, only this time they'll use an old political slogan they had so it solve everything, clearly.
>>
>>49984592
>Implying they didn't
>>
>>49985265
>The book is clearly about the Rom primarily, and a culture does indeed have claim to their own cultural heritage.
No, you specifically don't. You don't get to hide your culture away in a little box for it never to be studied, modified, used as inspiration or as fodder for mockery. If it exists, it's fair game. That is how culture works, if you want an example then use Anglo-European culture. Every corner of the Earth either uses it, modified it, mocks it or all of the above. No one credibly claims that it should be protected and hidden away. The reason is because it's been so successful. You might snivel that 'oppressed cultures' deserve to be protected from this phenomena because they were unsuccessful, but you're wrong. Being oppressed doesn't make your culture either better or worse, worthy or less so.
>>
>>49985423

>Anglo-European culture is the clear winner of the Cultural Free Market that totally exists, so we can't talk about specific details of why WoD: Gypsies is bad or else some other website wins
>>
>>49985423
>You don't get to hide your culture away in a little box for it never to be studied, modified, used as inspiration or as fodder for mockery.
You realize that World of Darkness: Gypsies is not an anthropological study, and mocking minority groups is universally seen as shitty, except by shitty people? It's also not up to the people outside of a cultural group to modify that culture, especially in a way that does a disservice to the original culture.

The fact that you're arguing that other cultures are co-opting Anglo-European culture kind of shows how misinformed about this subject you are. It's not that foreigners are co-opting or appropriating American culture. It's that American culture is drowning out their culture by sheer volume. And this is a thing that actual anthropologists see as a negative. Hegemony is not the free exchange of ideas.

>>49985587
The idea of the free market deciding the ultimate Truth is so ridiculous to me. It amazes me that people believe in it.
>>
>>49985233
http://pastebin.com/u/Aspel

Because Aspel is a rape fetishist and pedophile who thrives on getting offended for other people.

>>49985265
>>49985311
>>49985637
>>>/d/
>>
>>49985637

Don't act like you're not guilty of drinking down the ideology, either. You're both on the high proof stuff, just different blends.
>>
>>49985708
This poster is ASPEL! Do not engage with ASPEL! Simply redirect ASPEL to >>>/d/
>>
>>49985695

Hey, don't you lump me in with Aspel. I actually finish my things.
>>
>>49985695
And you're a troll who thrives on derailing the thread.

>>49985742
That person is literally arguing at me. You are really bad at this.
>>
>>49985769
>>>/d/
>>
http://theonyxpath.com/endless-ages-excerpt-4-heart-of-flesh/

New Endless Ages excerpt. Anyone give this a look yet? How is it?
>>
>>49985587
>WoD: Gypsies is bad or else some other website wins
Wtf dude? Aspel is being exceptionally lucid right now, one would even say coherent, we don't need any substitute spouting nonsense.

>>49985637
>mocking minority groups is universally seen as shitty, except by shitty people
>minority
Why the qualifier? Is there really any substantial difference between mocking majority and minority?

>The fact that you're arguing that other cultures are co-opting Anglo-European culture kind of shows how misinformed about this subject you are. It's not that foreigners are co-opting or appropriating American culture. It's that American culture is drowning out their culture by sheer volume. And this is a thing that actual anthropologists see as a negative. Hegemony is not the free exchange of ideas.
It's just cultural darwinism, fitter (not necessarily better) culture squeezes less fit one.
>>
>>49985796
>Is there really any substantial difference between mocking a group in power and a group oppressed by power?
Yes. There's quite a bit of difference between a minstrel show and mocking Donald Trump.

Cultural Darwinism is the justification oppressors give for their oppression.
>>
>>49985796

You're the one whose trying to block off one of the common lines of criticism of WoD: Gypsies because of your ideology about cultures, my friend. If you and Aspel both want to be pseudointellectuals and go tit for tat, be my guest, but at least have a better thesis with more backing than, "No, it's bad because it's bad."
>>
>>49985874
>>>/d/
>>
>>49985897
But I've given quite a bit more than "it's bad because it's bad".

I literally wrote over 9,000 words on why it's bad. And "it's racist" is barely even scratching the surface.
https://vindae.tumblr.com/post/105644491755/wolfsbane-curses-and-thievery
>>
>>49985952
>>>/d/
>>
>>49985967
You finally got one right.
:clap emoji:

Tell you what, I'll open up a tab of /d/ just to make you happy.
>>
>>49985952

Wasn't talking about your stupid fucking Tumblr post, Aspel. Learn to read.
>>
>>49985897
>>49985796
REMINDER! Do not engage with ASPEL! Simply redirect ASPEL to >>>/d/
>>
>>49985874
>Yes. There's quite a bit of difference between a minstrel show and mocking Donald Trump.
Nice straw man. I was merely pointing out, that if you mock something, the fact whether it's majority or minority is irrelevant. Only the reason for mocking something is important. Why should it be shitty to mock something when it's done by minority and ok when it's done by majority? Anything else is hypocrisy.

>Cultural Darwinism is the justification oppressors give for their oppression.
Attempt to frame me as oppressor? It's merely observation, my own culture was heavily hit westernisation, and for culture squeezing another you don't need any sort of oppressor, or is there some mysterious oppressor forcing for example China to westernise?

>>49985897
Da fuck? I didn't even talk about Gypsy.
>>
>>49977518
5 is peak human. The old Martial arts skill gave belt colors for ranks 1-4 and then five was simply "Bruce Lee".

Levels 6-9 represent escalating levels of superhuman proficiency with nine typically being the highest rank and ten being undefined/antediluvian tier.

The only character that I've seen with a score higher than nine is Zhyzhak in her Crinos form and if you do run into Zhyzhak in her Crinos form, my best suggestion is to be sure that you're wearing a good pair of running shoes.
>>
>>49969547
How does Vampire The Requiem differ from Masquerade?
>>
>>49986200
REMINDER! Do not engage with ASPEL! You are feeding the persecution complex of ASPEL and giving ASPEL what they want! Simply redirect ASPEL to >>>/d/
>>
>>49985769
Literally every time you post you derail the thread, Rory. You are literally a cancer on this community and I can't actually think of one person who enjoys your contributions. Go back to OP Forums already, fuck.
>>
>>49986238

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Differences_between_Vampire:_The_Masquerade_and_Vampire:_The_Requiem

Article is outdated in some places, but the overview still covers the most important details.
>>
>>49984592
not saying your right BUT. Being super prideful entitled mostly white furred dicks is pretty must on the ball
>>
>>49986849
>Alpha Storm

FUCK YEAH!
>>
>>49986849
Dark Bane
>>
>>49973713
What about a splat revolving around the Lovecraft mythos where players are granted strange powers by Elder Gods?
>>
>>49986849
Magic... Howler?

FUCKING MAGIC HOWLER?
>>
>>49986849
This is where Moon Moon was started.
Also:
>White Crescent
>>
>>49986849
>Lone Fire
>Even as a werewolf, nobody loves me
>>
>>49986849
Fuck that. The Get are awesome because they're a pure meritocracy. They're all like "Fuck yeah, we treat all of our metis like any other cub. That metis never did anything wrong, it's their parents that will be shunned and told to raise them well because we need all hands on deck to FUCK UP THE WYRM"
>>
>>49986849
>Ebony Demon
Racism Intensifies
>>
>>49986472
Thanks senpai
>>
File: ART_Wolf.jpg (40KB, 480x853px) Image search: [Google]
ART_Wolf.jpg
40KB, 480x853px
>>49987036

A famous story of the Get Summarized ::

>A great Warrior
>Many battles need fought
>feels weakness
>obvious self doubt
>goes on great adventure to rip out the weakness
>many challenges
>never falters, always chooses the right choice, never hesitates,
>meets Fen, asks to take out weakness
>Fen says 'what weak, you dumb'
>rips heart out
>still lives, nothing bad happens to anyone
>where was self doubt???

Not even in their parables do they let their pride fall. and Come on man Werewolves don't understand economic politics. I'm not saying they aren't good fighters, but I definitely see them not thinking this one through.

But my own personal bet is that Brexit was done by the Tradition mages to buck the Technocratics Money and globalization time line. With disastrous consequences
>>
>>49986910
awooooooooooo :3
>>
>>49987271
>>49986910

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCUr4_bWK80
>>
>>49987271
>>49987301
Fuck all of you.

>>49987230
I never said that they weren't blunt instruments but... yeah. There's a reason the Get aren't in charge of shit.
>>
File: SnowHisspo.jpg (182KB, 882x494px) Image search: [Google]
SnowHisspo.jpg
182KB, 882x494px
>Wolfs care about Brexit
The Camps

>Glasswalkers- all for globalization Strongly against, Conclaves into London
>Bone Gnawers- wait a second isn't this just going to hurt the working class? Brexit saying don't worry.
>SilverFangs- Fuck yeah bring back the landed title holders rulers
>Get of Fen- We the best don't need anyone
>ChildrenGaia Fuck Yeah bring back the Collective farming
>Fianna- Wait a Sec isn't this going to just fck over our U/ Shut up Fianna this will be our chance for the Northern Gaelic Septs to escape English control.
>Red Talons- FCK MANKIND, Screw Your Trade organizations!
>Shadow Lords- Ok guess we'll just pick up the piece afterwards
>Black Furies- That's not going work
>Silent Striders- LULZ No Home
>Uktena + Wendigo- Not our land, not our problem
>>
>>49987670
You can say fuck on the internet, anon.
>>
>>49987670
>>49987704

>SilverFangs- Fuck

>ChildrenGaia Fuck

He did Anon, You need bigger glasses
>>
>>49986849

Fucking moon moon
>>
>>49986910
I got vixen in mine since my last name ends with a Y. I'm not a grill, so the only thing I can assume here is it was a hazing joke that never ended or clearly werewolf me has an incredibly dom girlfriend who uses it like name branding
>>
File: 1477254010414.png (240KB, 428x456px) Image search: [Google]
1477254010414.png
240KB, 428x456px
>>49979244
>tfw its some shitty mmo
>>
>>49988204
Wasn't the MMO cancelled? Maybe we'll get a decent game if Dracula ins't involved too much.
>>
>>49988267

>if Dracula ins't involved too much.

Let's be real here. He'll write at least 60% of it, or at least the pure fiction parts.
>>
>>49979226
Seriously? They're keeping Mummy, but ditching Demon?

Fuck those guys, Demon: the Fallen was amazing.
>>
>>49987824
Well he also said FCK and someone's been going around saying fck all week.
>>
>>49988317
Let's hope he will be focused on WoD: Mafia or something while they write the game.
>>49988379
How does DtF compare to DtD? I'm not a huge fan of the CofD version, but I was thinking of giving it a try.
>>
Give me some examples of a sublimatus gremlin.
Technology is usually used to make shit more orderly and efficient so I'm trying to imagine how some mechanical monsters born of chaos would think and act.
>>
>>49988525
Fallen is superior to Descent. And Descent is pretty fucking good.
>>
>>49988267
>>49988317
>>49988525
Whats this Dracula hate anyway, did you guys just arrive from RPGnet.com or what? He's not going to take your safe spaces away, you don't have to cry that hard.
>>
>>49988379
They clearly like good music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1p4gfBHEUE
>>
>>49988412
That seems like small time meme-age Anon. The projection of profitable luls from that course of action does not meet creditably standards for much continuation. Where as the Aspel memifaction has an established market, but a lot of //d competition.

It's a simple cost analysis man. My advice would be diversities into more images, backlog animu, and Word of God Arguments. What with his Drac fellow, I believe WordArguments is the most fertile soil going into the future
>>
>>49988576
The hate comes from reading things he's written.
>>
>>49988557
I will never believe you.

>>49988576
No, he'll just make everything dumber.

>>49988676
Are you high?
>>
>>49988576
/CofDg/ is filled with losers that hate fun and only worship CofD cock. They've been trained to hate anything from the 90's and that it's badwrongfun. Basically if someone here hates something, it's probably good.

There's very few /wod/ people here anymore cause it's fucking annoying. It's like hearing an autistic person talk about how amazing their autism is every fucking day.
>>
>>49988537
Think Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.
Share and enjoy!
>>
>>49988761

>They've been trained to hate anything from the 90's and that it's badwrongfun. Basically if someone here hates something, it's probably good.

Does anything from the preview of One World of Darkness actually sound fun? Some of it could be cool, but a lot of it sounds wanky as fuck. It's not even like he's turning the clock back to the era of WoD most people liked, it's gonna be how one man thinks 1e should have been run. It's going to be embarrassing.
>>
I got a theory about what what Idigams are trying to become.
Alright so hear me out /tg/ what if when Idigams finish their transformation they become a new Pangaean?

Chris please don't shot down this theory. Sincerely Anon
>>
>>49988557
Skimming through the wiki gave me the impression it was trying too hard to be dark. Is it actually the case?
>>49988576
I don't hate him. He seems to be an okay dude and to really love oWoD, but he also wants more edginess in the already grimderp setting.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 600x330px
Just got my first DriveThru book, the Hunter the Reckoning core. It's not bad. The white borders look like they belong, almost. I'm a little concerned about the paper quality long-term though. Anyone got a few well used print-on-demand books that can shed some light on their durability?
>>
>>49988859
As a WoD player? Probably not. I haven't read much, but I know I hated the M20 book since it basically was Mage 2e, aka Mage: The Vampire Cock Sucking.

But honestly I don't mind since there's not enough games. Revised was still my favorite era for rules and fluff prior to the end of the world. Which is why I like V20 so much, since it was basically Revised but paused the metaplot shit before it began to roll.
>>
>>49988753
Look as you Lulz adviser, I can only tell you what I believe the Market Forum will do and at what point a Stop-Loss Order can help you regain losses after a peak in the share price. Anything beyond that is putting your comedic savings at risk. And I can tell you, I've seen a lot of guys fall into the same high and then come crashing down.

Hey Why not jump on the Edition basing, that's always a classic stable market option. Or maybe the new twist claiming the Victim role. It's ripe and fun for the family
>>
>>49988859

Eh, until it proves its worth, I'm sticking with traditional oWoD. Well, except Bloodlines continuations and offshoots.

For me the fact they don't seem to be reworking Demon is a killer for me. I'm all about the Abrahamic mythology as a theology buff, and it was a big part of the settings draw. Sure, the Caine stuff and True Faith will still be around, but I'm picturing them edging towards the ambiguous when it comes to religious undertones.
>>
>>49988870

>Skimming through the wiki gave me the impression it was trying too hard to be dark. Is it actually the case?

You've already made your conclusion, and you're not going to like it.
>>
>>49988900
Come on Anon it's only 600 pages of confusing ideas, and explanations. What's not to like?
>>
Actually, is it possible for a sublimatus to be a protagonist of some sort? Are they capable of function high enough to to develop any sort of sympathy or empathy at all? I want to play a promethean game where my character struggles with being way more monster than human of any sort, even to other monsters.
>>
>>49988761
You do realize the people who hate Dracula the most are the oWoD fans, right?
>It's like hearing an autistic person talk about how amazing their autism is every fucking day.
Kind of like hearing you bitch.

>>49989030
There's a sample Sublimatus that thinks it can become a Promethean if it pretends to be a Centimanus that wants to reform. It's not working out for him. But I could see it working out for someone able to keep their murder and cannibalism under check.
>>
>>49988900
>since it basically was Mage 2e, aka Mage: The Vampire Cock Sucking.
How the fuck is Mage in any way vampire cocksucking?
>>
>>49989110
Neat, I'll have to re-read Saturnine night and Pandoras box then to go for some ideas.
>>
>>49989119
They changed a bunch of rules from Revised that made Mages terrifying monsters for vampires.
Like to make sunlight, you needed Forces 3, Prime 2. That's it. 2 successes and your flashlight destroyed all blood suckers.
In M20 they changed it so Mages can't make sunlight. They also give all night folks counter magick out the ass. Sure they mention not doing that without reason, but it's stupid.

Revised on the other hand had detailed rules on how to interact with Vampires.
>>
>>49989110
No... ever since you guys realized the very real danger that you'd become the new D&D 4th edition, you've been insufferable.

>I solved seven fucking captcha puzzles just to post this.
>>
>>49989168
Actually, now you need spirit 2 to make sunlight.
>>
>>49989168

Doesn't Prime 2 Always cause an agg attack? btw Corr 2 Forces2 Grab Sunlight from across the globe.
>>
>>49989168
This... it's Mage. You can't really stop your players from generating sunlight.

>>49979031
>>49979790
>>49984425
>>49988267
>>49988317
>>49988576
>>49989110
Full Ass-Rape Stiffness.
>>
>>49989174
How so? Where's the comparisons?
>>
File: RIP in pieces.jpg (525KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RIP in pieces.jpg
525KB, 1920x1080px
>playing vtmb
>meet samantha
>she phones my friends
>she starts following me around
>don't want to harm her
>take her into an alley
>eat a rat in front of her
>this is what i am now, samantha
>crime violation reported
>samantha runs away
>hide in sewer
>hear a few gunshots
>emerge
>cops shot Samantha

i forgot how depressing this game can be tbqhwyvtmb
>>
>>49989351
If the original IP holder is focusing on the original universe relaunch... well. You do the math.
>>
>>49989469

>If the original IP holder

It's a White Wolf revival in name only, mostly for the easy brand name recognition.

>is focusing on the original universe relaunch.

It's a reboot. It's not going to be the original universe, not with all these changed details and how the game will be presented. Since CofD is still going with a different publisher, we aren't anywhere close to an actual 4e to 5e situation.
>>
>>49988761
>/CofDg/ is filled with losers that hate fun and only worship CofD cock. They've been trained to hate anything from the 90's and that it's badwrongfun. Basically if someone here hates something, it's probably good.

Pretty much that for the WW forums. And CofD devs, they hire arcanearts as a dev for changeling, he/she/it is gonna do as much damage as Dracula.
>>49988859
>Does anything from the preview of One World of Darkness actually sound fun?

That maybe.....just maybe, Edgelord Dracula will gives us a decent system with a shit stain off a fluff that we can ignore and just use the best fluff for out games.
>>
>>49989469
Cod has a 2ed hype craze going on. And WoTC has has a hold of D&D for ages through the 4th edition. So I'm not seeing it.
>>
>>49989615
Tell me of this raging tumblrina that is taking over changeling.
>>
>>49989622
>Cod has a 2ed hype craze going on. And WoTC has has a hold of D&D for ages through the 4th edition. So I'm not seeing it.

But Onyxpath is desperate trying to shove as much 20th material as they can sell us before edgelord dracula pulls the plug and they get stuck with CofD.
>>
>>49989615
Well seeing as How classic kind of just ended itself after going for the biggest explode your own world one upsmanship.

And Cod has been renowned for doing it's own thing and being adaptive.

It makes sense for classic to take cues from Cod in terms of world building and what makes for game longevity. Could be good, just wait and see
>>
Are there any ways to throw Mage players a plot hook other than requests, happenstance, and interference?

e.g.
Consilium requests your assistance recovering an Artifact lost when a foolish Mage was overcome by Banishers or Seers.
A beggar looking haggared and hollow, yet wearing a really nice suit and actually looking fairly well nourished bumps into you. Your Mage Sight reveals he has no Soul.
Your shitty younger brother gets hit by a car, and falls apart into a bundle of twigs, hay and sackcloth.
>>
>>49989707
>Tell me of this raging tumblrina that is taking over changeling.

Basically this thing cant answer any mechanic question without inserting 5 paragraphs of pretensious writting about what changeling "is to him". Which is the same as Dracula thing Dracula does.

He has this idea of how changeling should go and has his head so stuck on his own ass that anyone playing the game different is "doing it wrong". So you are not getting the tool box of changeling 2ed but Arcaneart`s putrid wank material or fuck you.
>>
>>49989713
meh OnyxPath got one or two good kick starts and sell books, that's their market. 20th was always meant to be an end line love letter thing. I mean they got Brutois to write M20. that line wasn't going to fly too high.

This whole multi media thing is not going to be as easy as they think it's going to be. meanwhile Onxy will just keep makes books and focusing on their system. They'll be fine. Both of them
>>
>>49989738
> How do I GM?
Just keep working on your craft and pick up the things they like
>>
I'm guessing no one here got an e-mail back for HtV 2e? God I hope so, I'm already concerned with some of the names on this mailing list, too many OPP forum trannies and gobshites. From the looks of things it's just me and one other person who has actually written for RPG before, means I'll probably get a hefty word count but I'll likely also have to fix all the broken shit these trogs submit for their first draft before the inevitable flake-out.
>>
>>49989828
That's not helpful.
There's only so many times I can say "your peripheral Mage sight flares behind you, and as you turn around you see a man mugging another guy in the shadows of an alleyway".
>>
>>49989830
You talking about Hollywood Anon?

Hunter is pretty simple to get around to. Basic Horror story of Human with no idea what's going on and monsters crumbstompping them. Make sure to hit the right tropes, and you get another Buffy
>>
>>49989796
>They'll be fine. Both of them

Oh anon i wish i could have your faith.

>>49989830
>too many OPP forum trannies and gobshites.

OPP doesnt care about hiring talent anymore, they only care about people who would suck their dicks and not question their mighty glory as the "mature" RPG.

>>49989830
>I'll likely also have to fix all the broken shit these trogs submit for their first draft before the inevitable flake-out.

You are my hero.
>>
>>49989612
A better comparison would be CofD as Pathfinder with OWoD being 5E.
>>
Hi, what did you guys think of World of Lewdness by AzureEarth?
>>
>>49989875
Fine, Just start stealing. From everything and Everywhere. Grab some Urban fantasy tropes, create conflict. It's just like writing in any other tabletop, but you got a weirdness detector in your head. boom done
>>
>>49989922
>A better comparison would be CofD as Pathfinder with OWoD being 3.5E.

Corrected that for you
>>
>>49989961
Sorry, I meant 'One World of Darkness', it didn't occur to me that it could be mistaken for 'Old' because I usually say 'Classic'.
>>
>>49989615

>Edgelord Dracula will gives us a decent system

Do you honestly believe that a man whose favorite games are 1e VtM and Kult is going to give us a good system? Then again, they've got one of the By Night Studios people on there and I hear the system to that is definitely an improvement for LARPing, so who knows.

>>49989830

Always wondered when Hunter 2e would start writing, and I guess now I have my answer. If you fuck up VASCU, I'm coming for you, don't think I won't.
>>
>>49989907
I'll rewrite the whole fucking book if that's what it takes to make sure Hunter gets the new edition it deserves.

I doubt any of them have even read the style guide or plan to at any point. They'll cobble together their 2k worth of directionless garbage a week late for first submission and then go completely dark during redlines, never to be heard from again. Eventually they'll crawl back onto the forums and whine about how their 'vision' was 'compromised', maybe throw in some SJW buzzwords to justify it like 'The section I was assigned contained too many triggering concepts and I just couldn't deal with it, a bloo bloo bloo!" My only solace is that they'll have made themselves pariah in the industry and I'll never have to worry about them fucking up copy ever again on a book I'm attached to.
>>
File: 1462137904146.jpg (135KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1462137904146.jpg
135KB, 500x667px
No one? Does everyone here just use the Mega or something?

Just in case it was missed; has anyone got any experience with DriveThru and their printed books, and how they age with use? My copy of HtR arrived, and it looks pretty slick,and was cheaper than a less-than perfect second hand version, but the paper quality feels suspect, and while it makes it easier to lug about, it also feels oddly light.
>>
>>49990002
I didn't get VASCU, but a lot of the 'official' agency conspiracies are going to crossover and intermingle, at least that's the idea. There's a lot of streamlining going on, a lot of 'if you want to set your game here, change the names and fluff of X and Y'. There's going to be a lot of regional variants with a paragraph or two of fluff for them, so MI-13 for Brits, etc.
>>
>>49989996
Well nothing I've seen from oWoD seems to be trying to simplify the system. 5ed dropped skill points so we're just going to have no skills?
>>
>>49990052
I have several print-on-demand books and they've done fine. I got the GMC and Chronicles of Darkness books through them, standard not premium, and there's a little bit of bleed on the page but the spine is solid. Hasn't failed me yet.
>>
>>49990009

As long as you make sure sufficient edge is included, and some cleavage shots like the lady Hunter luring in her prey as she pulls out a gun in the original Hunter book, you are a king among men.
>>
>>49989907
>OPP doesnt care about hiring talent anymore, they only care about people who would suck their dicks and not question their mighty glory as the "mature" RPG.
This is because they can pay people like that next to nothing and I'll gladly do it just to be able to pretend they're RPG writers.
>>
>>49990087
I'm not the developer, I probably won't have much say on the art notes. I'm guessing Monica will want an all POC, empowering imagery, which I couldn't care less about. I'm not here for the politics, if they want me to use non-standard pronouns or whatever I'll do it for the paycheck. I'm looking forward to doing Cherion and its antagonist faction (Proteus Group).
>>
>>49990009

>I'll rewrite the whole fucking book if that's what it takes to make sure Hunter gets the new edition it deserves.

You're going to be very disappointed about the next couple of months, I can just feel it.

>>49990068

I'm still coming for you if VASCU sucks.
>>
>>49989907
>faith

maybe, I just don't see where if either brand fails its a negative consequence. Besides publicity, and Hype. I mean we still got the books, system, setting, and we can just overhaul anything that doesn't work. Maybe the LARP community will get hit worse. LARPs are always on that edge, of fckingup, manly because people are people.
>>
>>49989147
That sample character is in 2e, just to be clear.

>>49989174
CofD has dealt with edition warring bullshit for years. I'm someone who legitimately wanted to like the new old World of Darkness. I was hoping for all the good things I liked about Bloodlines and none of the stupid shit. But it feels like it's going to be the exact opposite.
I feel like you're more worried that your game is going to become a joke. Chronicles is going pretty strong, all things considered.

>>49989403
Are you playing a mod, or are you just roleplaying like a dork? Because I found the Samantha plotline to be really underwhelming. That counts as "stuff I want to see more of".
I also found that it was fucking annoying that *telling* Heather that I was a vampire meant instant fucking cops. It's more of a Masquerade violation to have a rogue ghoul out there ffs.

>>49989469
I've always been bad at math, you'll have to walk me through your rather puzzling logic.
>>
>>49990186
>Samantha plotline
It's a joke on computer programing pathing and behavior. Unexpected behaviors, repeatable, but probably wouldn't ever happen again
>>
>>49989767
>>49989707
Arcane Arts is far from in charge of Changeling 2e.

>>49989830
>This asshole is writing for 2e
What makes you think you're any better than those "trogs" if you got hired by the same person that hired them?
>>
>>49990009
>>49989830
Sounds like you want to ruin Hunter with your own politics. Boy I hope you're full of shit and just trying to start trouble.

Also for someone who claims to have worked in the industry before, you don't seem to understand how this shit actually works. You're the one who's going to have your shit rewritten. You're not going to be single handedly writing this book. You're probably not going to be rewriting anything other people have written. You're going to do what Monica tells you to do and then she'll tell you to rewrite it if you're as asinine as you come off in these posts. You are not our shining hero.
>>
So umm...It will be a few days before I can have my Archive of our Own....
I was hoping when I do...would you all like the story I wrote to be added?
>>
>>49990292
Because I've actually written for games before, several games across numerous publishers, and more than once for OPP. By experience alone I know I'm going to be relied on more than these others who have never been a part of this process. A lot of them I'm guessing are here for their 'unique points of view' that Monica is so interested in. Personally I don't care what niche sexuality or race they bring in, they'll likely give the same mediocre copy that most newbies pump out.
>>
>>49990391
Well added to the opening post? I imagine since it is very literally a Chronicles of Darkness story it fits and might be evocative and help get people pumped.
>>
>>49990365
>Also for someone who claims to have worked in the industry before, you don't seem to understand how this shit actually works
I'm guessing you've both not read my posts in their entirety and also have no idea what you're talking about.

>You're the one who's going to have your shit rewritten. You're not going to be single handedly writing this book.
If Monica wants to do my redlines for me, that's great! I'll take my check and move on to the next project. That's not going to happen though, I'll do my own rewrites and, if you'd read what I'd actually said, you'd know I meant I'd be picking up the slack for the flakes who are going to drop out after they get back the sea of red their copy is going to produce. If, however, Monica goes easy on these fucks and doesn't mark up their amateur shit properly then we're all in trouble because that means the book will be shit. I don't care who you are, your work is most likely shit the first pass through, that's why drafts exist.

>You're going to do what Monica tells you to do and then she'll tell you to rewrite it if you're as asinine as you come off in these posts. You are not our shining hero.
This may come as a shock to a forum crybully like you but I have a professional voice that is completely different from my editorial voice, it's a little trick actual writers learn. You don't need to worry about it though, you'll never see anything you've written printed except maybe an obit featuring your meandering suicide note.
>>
>>49969547
Well, we're incorporating Genius, so that's a maybe.
>>
>>49990458
He's not wrong, but he is being as ass about it. But we're all on 4chan so that pretty much par for the course. Do continue Good Sir
>>
>>49990458
Woo, now this is the shaved monkey touchiness of a professional writer.

Don't you have a young adult fantasy novel you should be working on for NaNoWriMo?
>>
>>49990393

Aren't you a little worried about outing yourself? I mean, you've just stated your assignments and made a reveal about the outline, and it's not like OPP Forums people don't crossboard here. I mean shit, that's why I never talk about what I write for OPP.
>>
>>49990161
You are clearly here for the politics.
>>
>>49990513
because positively connecting Anon to Anon post is possible for non admins
>>
>>49990508

How DARE you talk shit about my YA Fantasy Novel for NaNoWriMo, anon! The world needs my dystopian kingdom story where everyone separated by their birthgem! It will CHANGE THE WORLD.
>>
>>49990393
You sound like a complete professional.

Sarcasm doesn't convey well over text. You sound like you're full of shit, and full of yourself.

>>49990458
You're acting like you're going to have any real power, you're blithely talking about the things you're going to be writing about, you're insulting the company and the other people who've been hired while acting like you're the cock of the walk. The other anon is right. You've certainly got the self-aggrandizing air of a "professional" writer.

>>49990568
They don't need to.
>>
>>49990568

I don't know, maybe I'm just paranoid. I figure it's always on the safe side to never underestimate the power of Internet Detectives, especially when it comes to fandom stuff.
>>
>>49990292
>What makes you think you're any better than those "trogs" if you got hired by the same person that hired them?

To be fair you should assume anyone in opp forums is a trog/trannie/etc. Including yourself just to be safe.
>>
>>49990513
There's no NDA and I've already been contracted. If I get outed, who cares? They can either take my work or not, I'll get paid either way.
>>
>>49990648
Yeah, but he clearly doesn't think himself to be a trog.

>>49990641
It's more to do with the fact that there's likely only a limited amount of people who have that information, and he's narrowed who he might be even further thanks to pointing out that he's one of only two "professionals".
>>
>>49990648
A trog is an ork/troll
>>
File: GoSign.png (16KB, 575x575px) Image search: [Google]
GoSign.png
16KB, 575x575px
>>49990618
Your eyes read what you want them to read, not what's actually there. Be careful with those octagonal street signs
>>
>>49990672
Actually it's short for "troglodyte", which is essentially a caveman, and came to be used in things like grotesquely mutated cave dwelling monster races in games like D&D. I have no idea why Shadowrun uses it for orks and trolls. But "trog" is similar to "basement dweller" or "neckbeard" and has connotations of grossness.
>>
>>49990699
Or you're an asshole who's insulting the people who hired you and the people you're allegedly going to be working with.
>>
>>49990618
>You're acting like you're going to have any real power, you're blithely talking about the things you're going to be writing about, you're insulting the company and the other people who've been hired while acting like you're the cock of the walk. The other anon is right. You've certainly got the self-aggrandizing air of a "professional" writer.
Actually, I'm more bemoaning the fact I'll probably be fixing the work of a lot of neophytes who I'm entirely certain can't and won't handle criticism. I can see throwing a supplement to a group of newbies, but it seems irresponsible to put a corebook that determines the entire direction of the line in the hands of people with no experience in writing game mechanics or fiction.

If that doesn't worry you as a consumer, then you're blinded by the political grandstanding of this diversity scheme. You wouldn't want to watch a TV show written by a group of youtube critics just because some of them are black, gray or women would you? Especially if there are actual writers available, even ones on staff, who both have connections to the previous edition and experience with writing in the field.
>>
>>49990740
Ah ad nauseam, what a wonderful debate tactic, just keep repeating the same line, without supporting arguments.
>>
>>49990745
I planned on purchasing the book, but I won't be now. I vote with my wallet and you come across as a pretentious prick.

Fuck off.
>>
File: ork grill.jpg (67KB, 342x792px) Image search: [Google]
ork grill.jpg
67KB, 342x792px
>>49990731
In SR they use it to imply that orks and trolls are less evolved than other metas. Like calling black people gorillas
>>
File: pop-120--1.jpg (18KB, 448x250px) Image search: [Google]
pop-120--1.jpg
18KB, 448x250px
>>49990799
Riigght
>pic related
>>
>>49990745

>I'm more bemoaning the fact I'll probably be fixing the work of a lot of neophytes who I'm entirely certain can't and won't handle criticism.

They're newbies, I get it, but coming into this project with "looks like I'm gonna have to do this" seems like you're setting yourself up for disappointment. They're all going to re-write their own work, and it's going to end up in the book, plain and simple. These books take forever to come out as is, I don't think they're actually going to stop the clock to let you do anything except your actual contracted work. Diversity stunt or no, I don't think this is going to be as nearly a trainwreck as you think it's going to be.
>>
>>49990799
You realize this is just a troll right? He's given no evidence and done nothing but make baity posts. If you're really going to withhold your purchase based on that then you're an idiot.
>>
>>49990745
>but it seems irresponsible to put a corebook that determines the entire direction of the line in the hands of people with no experience in writing game mechanics or fiction.

This right here is what worries me about opp, they keep hiring writers from the cesspool that is their forum.

Oh you writting experience boils down to furry fanfic and you are a 1/100 native american non-cis who indentifies themselves as a sofa? You are in!
>>
>>49990848
Always expect the worst Anon. Always. that way when things go to shit. You're prepared. And When they don't, you're happily pleased.
>>
>>49990745
Why are you so sure that they're going to fuck everything up?
You were picked up through the same process. If they suck, it means you also sucked. You're no better. You just have more of an ego. You call it bemoaning the fact that you'll be fixing the neophyte's shitty work, but to everyone else it comes off as your own grandstanding, and your own political bullshit.

I don't even need to be blinded by political grandstanding, and I don't see it is a ~diversity scheme~. I've liked almost every book Onyx Path has put out, and I've been impressed by the writing. I trust the company to make a good book. You on the other hand seem to think that you somehow have been drafted to clean up after a bunch of mouthbreathers without realizing you're in the same boat. The people who got in did so because they were impressive enough.

>>49990790
I've given plenty of supporting arguments.

>>49990799
Seems kind of dumb. I mean, the other anon is right, he's given no proof that he's one of the writers. He's also far from the only writer. And let's be honest, >>49990835
>>
>>49990848
He's saying they'll all drop out and then Monica will come begging him to pick up their slack because he's so professional.

>>49990870
Been working out so far. It's almost as if they know what they're doing.
>>
>>49990848
>I don't think this is going to be as nearly a trainwreck as you think it's going to be

Said the anon before beast got release.
>>
>>49990870
Man it's just basic talent pool drawing. If the work is good, You go with it. Race don't fckn matter and don't fuckn enter it. You do that work on time You get a fuckn paycheck. You don't finish your work on time, Tough shit
>>
>>49990905
Beast isn't that bad
>>
What the fuck is going on in this thread?
>>
>>49990915
>fckn
>fuckn
Anon are you doing this on purpose?
You can say fuck. You can say fucking. You can say Goddamned shitcunt asshole piss cocksucker motherfucker tits.
This is the internet. Your mom won't see it.
>>
>>49990825
They do have diminished mental capacity. That's an objective fact.
>>
Where is the new Mummy: the curse books and Demon: the descent?

They severely need more shit.
>>
>>49990948
Okay...And that's my cue to GTFO. See you next thread everyone by then Chapter 2 of Night Life: Requiem Part 1 should be done.
>>
>>49990948
Only because shadowrun is a bad system that does the whole "different races have different natural stats" thing.

>>49990960
I think those lines are basically finished for now.
>>
>>49990967
That was in reference to Orks and Trolls, Omae.
>>
>>49990879
Look behind the Curtain. You don't get to see everything, Until you actually start writing professionally. Lots of new people will flake out and or just be terrible, They don't stay long. or they get better. AnonWriter probably been at this for long enough to see countless people flop and quit. and Probably had to carry more than his fair share because of it. Let the Vet be the Vet ANon, it's a classic trope for a reason
>>
>>49990980
Oh, right sorry.
>>
>>49990984
I'm aware that lots of people will flake out. I just think he's full of shit if he thinks he's the Great White Savior who will correct all the garbage work done by the mud races and SJWs.
>>
I've been collecting these books for 10 years and have zero idea of how the mechanics work. I just love the settings.
>>
>>49990894
>Been working out so far. It's almost as if they know what they're doing

Working? Barely, wod is not as relevant as it used to be and now they keep afloat by ripping off shittier rpgs like fate.

They gonna keep squeezing the 20th cow as much as they can while releasing line after line for cofd they arent supporting.

When dracula takes their penny maker machine back they will be stuck with 11 lines they neglected so far. 2 years and not a fucking requiem supplement. Basically they are throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks.
>>
>>49990925

Someone claiming to be a Hunter 2e writer just showed up. Then things got heated.

>>49990879

>You were picked up through the same process. If they suck, it means you also sucked. You're no better.

That is absolutely not what that means. It's like the old adage goes: when it comes to freelancing, pick two: 1. Fast, 2. Good, 3. Friendly. If this person's actually being serious, I don't doubt that they have some kind of writing chops. They'd fucking better, because Cherion is second favorite Conspiracy after VASCU.

>>49990877

I guess. Maybe I've just been lucky so far. I just think the "and therefore I'LL have to fix it" is a bit much is all. At least have faith until the first drafts are done.
>>
>>49990945
Like I tried to tell you Anon, Your stocks are freefalling. You're putting more work for a meme that just isn't going to play out. Now You could move those type faces and greenlines into a nice semi autobiographical that GM thread. But I'd advice doing it now. Otherwise I can't be held responsible for the damages your negative spending will entail.
>>
>>49991019
It can't be that bad. Every "new" CofD line gets funded in days and goes WELL over the initial goal.

That shows that people are buying CofD and want more.
>>
>>49991059

Make a good product people will buy it. These people are too stubborn to let a thing like reality or the truth shape their retorts in an non childish way just more tantrums
>>
>>49990923
The only thing really bad about it, is that keep making the "Heros" the designated villain, when they're kind of just doing what seems right, and don't really have a choice about the matter.

Other than that, I've gotten over a lot of the other weirdness, and can see it has potential to work in the hands of a good ST
>>
>>49991019
>Working? Barely, wod is not as relevant as it used to be
Who gives a shit?
>ripping off shittier rpgs like fate.
Look at this bad opinion haver. CofD is great. I like it. Other people seem to as well.
Things are slow, yes, but they're a small company, and the books that have come out have been great.

>>49991035
It's not just the "I'll have to fix it" attitude, it's the whole "everyone is a tranny troglodyte picked up as diversity hires" bullshit. And the implication that he's the best and only one who won't be shit.
The people hired were done so because Monica liked the work they did. You had to submit something. It's not like their names were pulled out of a hat.

>>49991059
They also tend to rate higher than a lot of the oWoD stuff on Drivethru, which, at least to me, implies that the kickstarter backers of the 20th Edition stuff are the primary purchasers.

>>49991179
They're not doing what's right. They're basically the kind of Hunter that becomes an antagonist in a Hunter game (like Gordon from Supernatural). That sort of redneck "if it ain't human it deserves to die!" Hunter. They don't go after Beasts because Beasts are evil monsters, they go after them because they're Beasts, and they don't care whether it's the Beast that Sates its Hunger for Prey by murdering coeds or the Beast that sups on the Glamour a Changeling harvests from working at a theme park.
Just because sometimes they kill a Beast that's an actual monster doesn't make them the good guys; they don't care if the Beast is a monster.

Hell, look at murdergranny. She doesn't even care if the monster is a Beast. If it ain't human, she kills it.
>>
With the consistent as fuck Paradox owning WW, when are we gonna see a new game? A grand strategy game where you play as an elder vampire from VtM, or if they want a weirder twist on that gameplay a game where you're archmagi who control reality instead of politics, or another game in the vein of VTMB?
>>
>>49991230
>I like it. Other people seem to as well.

I also like CoFD, i just recognize one can like something without that meaning is a high quality product.

I like the room but i wouldnt call it a good movie. I like CoFD but i woudnt call it a good product.
>>
>>49991276
I'd call the CofD a good product. It's as good as RPGs I've seen from large companies, like Catalyst.
>>
>>49991276

I think CofD's a good product, but there are certainly other games that do its job better. What makes it special is its universe, which puts it into a niche that few other games can hope to fit into.
>>
>>49991230
>Look at this bad opinion haver. CofD is great. I like it.

You sure showed me anon. You like it and thus it must be good. Flawless logic there mate. Dont mind you can have shitty criterium because only "bad opinion havers" got those.
>>
>>49991230
>if it ain't human it deserves to die!
>implying there's anything wrong with that
The best a wod spook generally gets is while not being a murderrapist himself is a member of an essentially parasitical and subversive secret society that harbors murderrapists so long as they adhere to a few basic rules. If Hunters did wipe out the things that go bump in the night the result would be a net positive for humanity even with the occasional nice guy thrown under a bus.
>>
>>49991329
>I'd call the CofD a good product. It's as good as RPGs I've seen from large companies, like Catalyst.

I dont know how to tell you this anon but being better than catalyst is no archievement. Shadowrun books releases have being shit for a long time. The reasons are different though, shadowrun cripple flaw is that catalyst doesnt give a shit.

I respect way more the devs of shadowrun because when they release shit at least they dont act like ita gold.
>>
>>49991230
>If it ain't human, she kills it

Yeah and what wrong with that? It's a natural reaction.

A Hero really doesn't have the choice not to become a Hero. A Beast fucks up and then A Hero appears. I'm not saying they aren't the Antagonist, but I am saying they have a legitimate view point and magically can't act against it. Now if you have a problem with the extensive stunts they'll go to, that is a point, but I'll point it back to the Beast and pretty much say Hero's Hands are tied, because the beast made them, by there mere presence.

Like come on Man, if We made them Vampire Hunters would if really be that much different? A Hunter that kills every Vampire He comes across is just a really specific Hunter. Not All Vamps kill, but a Hunter that exclusives hunts them is morally ok.

Or what about Werewolfs? They have to Hunt Something, but because we label them as the protag they get a pass on something we condemn an antag would pull? No Anon that is protagonist centered morality

And lets look at Promethean and their disquiet. Do we paint the Mobs disquiet produces as bad guys? Same thing happens to Heros
>>
>>49969547
Anyone know a link to the Scion books?
>>
>>49991358
>Working? Barely, wod is not as relevant as it used to be and now they keep afloat by ripping off shittier rpgs like fate.
>They gonna keep squeezing the 20th cow as much as they can while releasing line after line for cofd they arent supporting.
Why is this more valid than my response to it? You don't get to call my argument out for being shallow when I'm responding to something shallow.

>>49991359
I think that's a ridiculous way of looking at things. First off, let's focus on the "even if you're not horrible, you're a member of a group that's horrible" part. Not to get all radical leftist, but do you know how much horrible shit the US government gets up to? I mean, whatever country you're from, your government has probably done some fucked up shit, probably murdered a bunch of natives or did some Imperialist colonizing. Even if they were colonies, they probably sold their neighbors into slavery. Like, pretty much every society, secret or not, is going to be pretty parasitical and harbor murderrapists so long as they adhere to a few basic rules. That's basically the downside of that whole "social contract" thing. So does that mean that it'd be okay for some revolutionaries to kill you, since you belong to the same group as those murderrapists?

Second, Beasts don't even have secret societies. I mean, that's a terrible argument because Beasts not having secret societies to justify your murderrape if you do this or that for them is one of the reasons the game is so bland and directionless.
>>
>>49991422
>It's a natural reaction.
Of the kind of people who get 88 tattoos, maybe.

>A Beast fucks up and then A Hero appears.
Not how it works in the final draft. You're born a Hero or Beast. My personal headcanon based on Sleeping Beauty is that a Hero is someone who rejects The Devouring. Heroes are compelled to kill, but so are Slashers.

>Not All Vamps kill, but a Hunter that exclusives hunts them is morally ok.
Not if they're killing any ol' Vamp. Certainly isn't morally ok if you're killing that Humanity 8 Vamp who never activated their Clan Bane and is on the road to Golconda.

>Or what about Werewolfs? They have to Hunt Something
And Werewolves who Hunt any old mortal are the kind of Wolves I'm perfectly fine being the target of the Blood Talon's Hunt. Most Wolves Hunt worthy Prey. Prey that's meaningful and dangerous in its own right. Not innocents.

>And lets look at Promethean and their disquiet. Do we paint the Mobs disquiet produces as bad guys? Same thing happens to Heros
Again, Heroes aren't actually made by Beasts anymore. They have nightmares when Beasts are near and causing problems, but they're driven to kill not by the Nightmares but by their own selfish need to be a badass. They kill for the same reason Roosh V. fucks.
>>
>>49991422
Not him, but holding off from acting on your natural reactions is a key part of most CofD games.

Mages want to act with hubris.
Changelings want to relish in their power.
Vampires want to feed when and where they want.
Werewolves want to hunt, unrestrained by social convention.

That you were caused by a fuckup and you have a naturally antagonistic relationship with a bunch of a-moral predators who want to feast on the terror of mankind doesn't completely excuse your behaviour.

I mean, fuck Beasts completely and their "we're not the bad guys" schtick, but unless your splat recognises you have a non-human perspective, and you're capable of completely reconciling that with your actions in such a way as to avoid mental trauma.
Such as a Sin-Eater's ability to engage in premeditated, purposeful killings with suffering a breaking point.
>>
File: 1477173868500.jpg (19KB, 320x340px) Image search: [Google]
1477173868500.jpg
19KB, 320x340px
>>49991478
>I think that's a ridiculous way of looking at things. First off, let's focus on the "even if you're not horrible, you're a member of a group that's horrible" part. Not to get all radical leftist, but do you know how much horrible shit the US government gets up to? I mean, whatever country you're from, your government has probably done some fucked up shit, probably murdered a bunch of natives or did some Imperialist colonizing.

>Leftists criticizing the government
>2016
>>
>>49991478
Dude Beasts either Have to do fucked up shit, or Heros appears and tries to kill them. And Literally Every single Monster has to do some really questionable bullshit to continue to exist.

And to get an easy quick work around, they basically have to encourage another monster to continue to do their really questionable shit.

Don't get me wrong I get Changling can be a little more happy go lucky, but in reality they're psychic vampires that eat emotion and therefore are encourage to fuck with people, lots of them can reasonable understand where the line is. But they thing about beast is >>49971166
They Push everyone to be the worst they can be, for their benefit
>>
>>49991571
What?
When have leftists not criticized the government?

>>49991548
Beasts say "we're not the bad guys" in the same way that Vampires do. Also they don't create Heroes.
>>
>>49991604
>Beasts say "we're not the bad guys" in the same way that Vampires do
Vampires are at least forced to feel bad about the shit they do by the Morality system, or suffer penalties as a result.
Beasts can rape someone to death, then walk around the corner and smile without any mental trauma.
>>
>>49991478
>Why is this more valid than my response to it? You don't get to call my argument out for being shallow when I'm responding to something shallow.

Because 1) You are a faggot
2) The devs have admitted they are focusing more on 20th at the expenses of CofD.
>>
>>49979226
Wait, are these getting video game adaptations?
>>
>>49991548
>a naturally antagonistic relationship with a bunch of a-moral predators who want to feast on the terror of mankind doesn't completely excuse your behaviour

Dude that's literally the Necromancer of the Last three D&D games I've played in

But I kind of feel you've dropped the point of natural reactions. The list is all prots Heros are Antags. How is a PC suppose to supress the reaction of an NPC? When from the NPC's point of view, they're kind of right.
>>
>>49991534

Anon you are letting your headcannon get in the way of reality. Werewolves dont have to give a shit about innocents humans. Iron master could hunt a politician who want to make a neighberhood better just because they like the violent resonance of their territory. And they would be in the right.
>>
>>49991629
>Beasts can rape someone to death, then walk around the corner and smile without any mental trauma

That's reallllllllllly not a plus for the Beast shouldn't be killed argument
>>
>>49991604
Alrighty, I know you just got out of your time machine from 1986, but there's this thing called 4chan that you're on and don't worry! There's plenty of nudes coming on this site. That being said, try to stay away from downtown New York when September of 2001 rolls around.
>>
>>49991646
>Makes a statement
>Provides evidence?
>>
>>49991646
>Because 1) You are a faggot
Then you better start sucking my dick.

>>49991629
Now, don't get me wrong. I think that removing the Morality system from Beast is a stupid move that ignores or forgets about many of the biggest themes of CofD.
But you don't *need* a morality mechanic for your character to feel bad.

It's bad game design, and completely removes one of the most contextualizing elements of the system, but it's not like Beasts have no morality period.

>>49991720
A Werewolf could do that, yes. They wouldn't be "in the right", though.

>>49991731
He wasn't making that argument, he was making the opposite argument. And Vampires or even Hunters could do the same thing.

>>49991732
What the fuck are you talking about? Are you trying to say that leftists don't criticize the government?
>>
>>49991534
ANON MONSTER! KILLING AND EATING US! SO SCARED WHAT DO?

humm. ... I don't know talk it out?
>>
>>49991478
Your radical leftist gloss is what I'd expect from a 'radical leftist' who is bringing that sort of politics into a tabletop game discussion. The complicity of american taxpayers in the government's crimes is different in kind from the complicity of the local changeling in the serial murders committed by the scarecrow minister because a, the first is impersonal while the second is personal and b, the local changeling can be expected to actively impede the bastard from being brought to justice to preserve the masquerade. This is true even of splats that don't have complex organization like Sin Eaters or Beasts and is why they are collectively a secret society.

>>49991548
The struggle of the major splats between being completely monstrous and only moderately monstrous is why the removal of spooks from the presence of humanity is a wise course of action.
>>
>>49991769
>And Vampires or even Hunters could do the same thing

Really Monstrous and Evil Vampires and Hunters. Actually no Hunters. Lets just use the real word. People Person Man Woman. A Guy You.

And you know what the fact that Beast Start there, and we fall to the level, really highlights how fucked up Beasts are.

But Yes we are saying the same thing on that topic
>>
>>49991836
>removal of spooks from the presence of humanity
Hunter pls. I suppose you also support complete disarmament of the population?
>>
>>49991870
The population is the population and the matter is a separate tally. Spooks are invidious outsiders who explicitly hold themselves apart and above from their host population and its laws while leaching their hoodoo powers off from it.
>>
>>49991793
My argument is not that you can never defend yourself from the monster, even if it results in the monster's death. My argument is that going out and hunting for the monster and killing it when it's done you no wrong (like Gaston did) is bad.

>>49991836
And you sound like the kind of person who whines that the politics brought up in tabletop game discussion aren't his own politics.
I also fail to see what the difference is. How is one changeling implicitly responsible for the crimes of any other changeling?

You're literally getting into "guilt by association". I guess if anyone in your family is a criminal, then you're guilty as well. And it's not like humanity isn't just as capable of being monstrous. But I'm assuming you're only in favour of removing members of humanity when they're sufficiently dangerous.

>>49991859
Beasts aren't really inherently terrible. Like, there's nothing that says they have to rape and murder. You certainly don't need to do that to get your Satiety up. There are things Changelings and Vampires can do that are worse.
>>
>>49991870
Wouldn't that be counter productive? He wants all the "spooks" to die, best way to do that is education and armament of the citizens. He'd want everyone to be as well armed as the rest of the world thinks Americans are.
>>
>>49991836
>Republicans Losing
>Play Victim

I do see your point. but what that Anon is talking about isn't Radical leftist. It's Radical anti-humanist
>>
>>49991904
>How is one changeling implicitly responsible for the crimes of any other changeling?
Because you can expect a changeling to be helping to bury the bodies. It is the complicity of a gang member for another gang member's crimes.
>And it's not like humanity isn't just as capable of being monstrous.
Nope, spooks are more inclined to monstrosity by nature. Werewolf hunting down and slaying someone is less damaging to their integrity equivalent than if a baseline human were to do it.
>>
>>49991917
Do you mean me?
I don't see how "let's not kill sapient, sentient beings without reasonable cause" is anti-humanist.
Or really that radical.
>>
>>49991960
A changeling is not obligated to hide bodies unless it's for people in their motley. No Freehold Oath is going to have something like that in it.
Werewolves are not only going to be hunting mortals (most don't, in fact), and regardless of their Harmony, are still doing the same thing that Hunters do.
In fact, due to The Code, for some Hunters, NOT killing a monster that is completely innocent is damaging to their Integrity.
>>
>>49991904
>Beasts aren't really inherently terrible
You know except for those random normies, that wake and go. "Oh Right, Fuck you horrible monster feeding off my psychological abuse"

And Plenty of People would hunt down and kill Changelings and Vamps without hesitation cause yeah those guys who are Eating us.

In this game you don't get to play the good guy. You can play the not terrible guy, but you don't get to be the good guy
>>
>>49991962
If spooks wanted to live on a spooky island somewhere then all power to them. They mostly don't want to do that though, they want to grab what they can get from their host societies so fuck em.
>>
>>49992021
>You know except for those random normies, that wake and go. "Oh Right, Fuck you horrible monster feeding off my psychological abuse"
You mean that thing that
a) doesn't happen in the final draft
b) had an incredibly slim chance of happening in the first place.

>And Plenty of People would hunt down and kill Changelings and Vamps without hesitation cause yeah those guys who are Eating us.
And they're shitty people!

>In this game you don't get to play the good guy. You can play the not terrible guy, but you don't get to be the good guy
Maybe YOU don't get to be the good guy. And even then, there's a world of difference between "not terrible" and "deserves to die".

>>49992024
You sound like you'd have voted for #Brexit
>>
>>49991962
Literally Eats Us. Monsters Hunt Manipulate and Eats humans. Humanity has every right to go over and Fuck them out of existences.

And Judging by the DarkAges Humanity agrees
>>
File: NyNecroSaya.jpg (776KB, 1250x889px) Image search: [Google]
NyNecroSaya.jpg
776KB, 1250x889px
>>49992059
So you play Evil Mary Sue Bullshit ok here some more NPCs then
>>
>>49992078
No they don't. And not all of them do.
You have a right to fight back against the monsters that would seek to devour you.
You don't have a right to kill people willy nilly for being different. It's pretty egotistical to argue that your killing is okay but if someone else does the same thing you are--or doesn't even kill!--they deserve death. Or, worse, if they don't do what you do but still deserve death, simply for existing.

>>49992149
>>You don't get to be the good guy
>maybe YOU don't
>>So you play Evil Mary Sue Bullshit
I don't see how you logic that.
I'm saying that I generally try to play characters that struggle with and attempt to overcome their darker natures.
Chronicles of Darkness is not about a slippery slope to the bottom of the Morality chart.
>>
>>49992059
Shitty people who the local princedom and courts will at best commit vigilante justice against instead of delivering them to the real justice system.
>>
>>49992059
In all honesty, when you look at what vamps get up to and what they become, they're right to fear a pogrom.

Because it would be an act of rational self defence on ours.
>>
>>49992195
>Arguing in favour of a Hunter's vigilantism
>Arguing against a supernatural's vigilantism
???

>>49992201
Like, I'm not saying Vampires aren't mostly shitty. I'm just saying you can't go around killing people just because they *might* be shitty. That's profiling.
>>
>>49992188
Look Anon you have to see from Anon's point all monster on some level Feast on Humanity. This is fact of the setting man. And because the game actively encourages splats to uphold the masquerade. that kind of heavily implies that Humanity would probably try kill them. Why Hide when you're the good guy?
>>
>>49992230
A hunter's actions against a spook is different in kind because a hunter is a legitimate citizen of his host nation while a spook is a rebellious criminal who raises things like the Lex Magica above the law of the land. And vampires have no business to complain about profiling when every covenant is based on a philosophy that human morality is wrong and it is your duty to be as monstrous as you can be so long as you don't lose the ability to follow orders and the traditions.
>>
>>49992288
Actually you don't even need to dig too into the covenants. Vamps have to drink blood to live. Thats pretty monstrous and hits the nail on the head as pretty straight forward
>>
>>49992339
Vampires could technically constrain themselves to drinking animal blood and taking a dirt nap when that stops working. Even if they didn't of course the covenants encourage greater acts of malice than merely guzzling down the red stuff.
>>
>>49992361
True but lets be honest. If you're a vamp, you'd have to really hamstring yourself to be that particular. And then there is the violent frenzies. and really the story of a vamp that hand to sleep 25 years at a time, thats a story, yes but not a story a gm is going to run for you, while the other players are waiting with their dicks in their hands
>>
File: 1462143129304.jpg (355KB, 1261x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1462143129304.jpg
355KB, 1261x1600px
>>49991659

No, though from the way they basically gave it first/the most important position, and Vampire as a game line is mentioned again after, it's pretty clear they plan to continue the Bloodlines with at least a sequel if not a series.

But they are turning it into a massive media thing, with a Marvel/Star Wars style, with games, books, comics and Netflix shows.

Sad thing is, I think they missed the train. World of Darkness as a big multimedia thing might have worked around the time of Twilight and the height of Supernaturals popularity (after all, it is basically World of Darkness Lite). Now? The next big vampire thing is a fucking Underworld continuation, and everyone is obsessed with capeshit. Horror? That ship has sailed this decade, they should try again mid-2020s.
>>
>>49992339
I like how even the books tiptoe around the fact that drinking blood is probably the least intrinsically evil monstrous trait ever.

Quoting examples like 'You're the dark angel of the retirement ward who listens to their problems before devouring their life' or 'You eat peoples' pets otherwise you'd eat people'.

Why don't you just drink blood without fucking killing people. Wow, you've inflicted 3 bashing damage on someone and they're dizzy. Pin a note on them saying they have high blood pressure and be off.
>>
>>49992415
Great idea for an antagonist covenant though, vegan vampires who are engaged in a centuries long war against every other vampire who time their torpors so that they can wake up en mass and go on a rampage before bunkering down again and waiting for the next round.
>>
>>49992457
Only so many times you can save, "I wanvz to suv yavh blood" It's just poetry.

But really a Vampire forces themselves onto folks for her own benefit and their detriment. Their no real good way to get around that. The starting point is minor yes, but the ability for the feeding to escalate out of control is terrifying. It's all about the stressing of the system of resources
>>
>>49992479
Yes, fuck yeah. Righteous Motherfuckers that go blade on the country every quarter century. I can see problems but it's definitely a workable idea
>>
>>49992078
>And Judging by the DarkAges Humanity agrees

You mean OWoD DarkAges or Dark Eras CoFD ?
>>
>>49992596
Well for them to do this they'd need to basically be zealots so they've probably got some crazy cult going on, they'd be on edge from restraining their hunger all the time so they'd be pretty angry, and the funny thing is it'd be much easier to maintain an army of vampires on a diet of cow blood or whatever than on human blood so maybe there'd be a mob of pissed low-bp vampires bearing down on your local princedom. Maybe with ghoul auxilaries who maintain their masters in torpor and stock up on arms and animals for the next crusade.
>>
>>49992625
>A Time when people actually believed in Monster
>Produced the Witch Hunts
>>
>>49992567
Wow you've taken something that they don't consciously need in a way that doesn't meaningfully injure them.

They even implicitly admit in VtR 2e that feeding is barely assault by making it automatically give humans conditions so that you can enjoy some forced ethical quandaries.
>>
>>49989168
Well it was developed by Phil Brucato, a popular developer who's a shit game designer. Thanks to Kickstarter, when it's popularity vs. talent, popularity wins.
>>
>>49992698
Ghouls aren't a good idea because the vamp falls out of the pic for years at a time. Maybe a Family line, cursed or bless or something to uphold the coffins? A rouge monastery? An extremist line of the Sactum? hmmm. There is a convenent in the DanseMacabre call the Sunwalkers? Knights of the Sun or something like that. basically the vamps in the covanent lose their clan flaw, but don't create bloodbonds anymore. So at the higher levels the Ghouls run the show.
>>
>>49989615
No, the system will be bad too. WW hires LARPers, not game designers. Ask yourself: Have they snatched a single person from OP? From the old WW crew? Really, anybody beyond LARPers?
>>
>>49992736
Humans need blood. Vamps have to steal blood. But Hey man I guess you don't need your hair your clothes your food your car or your home. Guess I can have those aswell.

>that feeding is barely assault by making it automatically give humans conditions
So do roofies. I'm going to let you off easy, and just say the equalization of sex and feeding is intended.
>>
>>49992888
>Ask yourself: Have they snatched a single person from OP? From the old WW crew?

I did, and after seeing what they did for mage 20 i am hopeful they dont get anyone from there.

>>49992888
>Really, anybody beyond LARPers?

And here is where my hopes die. Oh well, was nice to dream while it lasted.
>>
>>49992928
Yeah, and if you took all their blood they would be really inconvenienced, but since I said 'drink blood without killing people', that rather implies you don't take all their blood.

Humans have no conscious value associated with their blood in the sense that losing a non-lethal amount of it bothers them. You do 1 lethal damage per point you drain, which heals in, what, a day in 2e?

Yeah, I get it, you're 'stealing' their blood and that's a 'violation' of their bodies.
The fact that they are in no way inconvenienced or meaningfully injured by this puts it on such morally reprehensible ground as pocketing a $5 bill you found on the ground.
>>
>>49993298
>>
>>49986849
Beautiful Vixen... Fuck
>>
>>49993064
>Misses the obvious Rape metaphor
>>
>>49993777
That's actually what you think, isn't it?

Try 'ignores the obvious rape metaphor for being forced by unrelated gameplay mechanics'

It's not a 'rape metaphor' when a completely unrelated action has "Oh boy the way, this is like rape to them" tacked on the end.
>>
Stop trying to defend bloodsucking. Feeding does damage comparable to stabbing someone with a knife, and that's disregarding the risks of anemia and spreading diseases.
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.