[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH / Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 410
Thread images: 49

File: Cascading faggot.png (4MB, 1916x1127px) Image search: [Google]
Cascading faggot.png
4MB, 1916x1127px
CASCADING INTO CASCADE SOON

Old thread: >>49965477

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
first for SASKIA IS HOT
>>
WHEN WILL OGREBRO BE REVEALED
>>
1ST FOR GAY KINGS
>>
So who else is pissed that we're not getting more real 4C legends?

You had one job, Wizards. One job. And just saying, "It's hard!" is no excuse. There are plenty of great 4C designs posted online.
>>
>>49968083
Xth for Rebecca Guay/Kev Walker basics are the only selling point of Commander 2016
>>
File: saskiatheunyielding.jpg (50KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
saskiatheunyielding.jpg
50KB, 265x370px
mandatory cards, combos, or interactions to run?
>>
>>49968147
Combos well with dealing combat damage.
>>
>>49968126
I am, and I'm not. I'm disappointed that they used such a lazy, boring cop-out instead of designing more 4 color commanders, but I kinda felt like 4 color commanders were a mistake from the get-go.

I'm honestly wondering if they intentionally made these absolute shit and said "we could only design 1 for each color" to convince people it's too narrow a design space so nobody will ever ask for more 4-color legends.
>>
this is what I have so far. opinions/suggestions?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/26-10-16-CoF-breya-artifacts/
>>
6th for four color commanders are uninspired checklists designs becauase mark jewishwater and the NWO won't allow creativity into magic to get as many cashgrabs as possible from ignorant consumers. The lazy partner mechanics has over 40 combos that will not have synergy and the flavor of altitude approached completely insignificant and ruining magic. Impeach mark toiletwater and maybe we will get a worthy four color.
>>
Ludevic is astoundingly bad. Holy shit. I will probably build none of the generals from this set.
>>
>>49968137
Imagine if they would add a single foil random full art land onto the commander decks as a little bonus.

The price would skyrocket insanely just for the chance of getting that one Foil Full Art Rebecca Guay card.

And everyone would love it.
>>
>>49968169
>the flavor of altitude approached completely insignificant and ruining magic
Did you have a stroke?
>>
>>49968174
Everyone sure loved their BFZ Fatpacks
>>
File: dreamworks-face.png (833KB, 1080x1433px) Image search: [Google]
dreamworks-face.png
833KB, 1080x1433px
>>
>>49968174
IKR? Full art foil guay basics NAO!
>>
>>49968169
>NWO
For Rare and Mythic cards ?

>The lazy partner mechanics has over 40 combos that will not have synergy
Don't talk about creativity if you're not capable of it yourself
>>
New commander product is the most disappointing release since the last commander product.

I can only guess that wizards is so terrified of innovation after the unreasonable public outcry at oloro and company that they have committed themselves to retreating the blandest, least threatening products ever. All hail stagnation, thy name is Boros.
>>
Commanders are basically cards you always have in your opening hand. So, having two commanders at the exact same power level as real commanders would be significantly more powerful.

I want to play with it first. It is clearly they are intentionally underpowered.

But honestly, do you WANT more stuff like Derevi, Oloro, Animar, Ghave?
>>
>>49968243
Yes.
>>
selfless squire is a cute card

I'll probably pick it up if none of the premades catch my fancy.
>>
>>49968243
Yes, we do. There are about a hundred different ways in every color to get big monsters, so wizards needs to stop releasing commanders that only get big.
>>
>>49968243
YES
when everything will be broken, nothing will be
>>
File: 1473041628191.png (153KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
1473041628191.png
153KB, 265x370px
>>49968243
>do you want to play,with and against high power commanders that always make games interesting?

Unironically yes.
>>
>>49968279
Run it with gisela/manabarbs/pyrohemia :^)
>>
>>49968286
WE YUGIOH NOW
>>
>>49968243
I just want Mimeoplasms, Titanias and Feldons.
>>
So we got:
>Disapointment Scientist
>Zombros
>Flankman
>Baby Kruphyx
>Aquaman
>Arson Goblin
>Weaver
>Fuccboi
>Shroom Girl
>Banana Snek
>Mohican/Angry about Dragons
>Disapointment Speaker
>Bondage Kor
>Moustache
>Etherium Man
>>
>>49968243
But the problem is you still have to cast those cards to do anything. Its not like you get to pick ANY two cards. I get the thought process but it feels unnecessary in practice. It doesn't feel enormously more powerful. I don't feel you're at a drastic advantage over, say, Aurelia if you are playing Bruse/akiri, ignoring their exact power level and just the idea that each individually is weaker than a normal commander, just because you opens 2 meh cards instead of one better one.
>>
CASCADING OGRE FUCKING WHEN??
I'm torn so far between Breya and gayhug couple. I need to see the ogre to decide what I'm building first

>>49968306
That one spell from KLD too.
>>
File: IMG_6494.jpg (2MB, 1920x1160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6494.jpg
2MB, 1920x1160px
Gay greeks are boring.
Partners are underwhelming.
They fucked up Ludevic worse than they did the Werewolf Legendary.
Fuck Phyrexia.

Saskia seems fun.
Breya might be good.
Hope Chaos Ogre is good too.
>>
>>49968147
>Stuffy Doll
To make someone feel really bad about themselves. No strat is as valuable as demoralizing the enemy.

>Master Warcraft
>Vault of the Archangel
and other lands from that set

>Glaring Spotlight

Maybe >Master of Cruelties
the target and then attack someone else, wahwah

>Predatory Focus
>Siege Behemoth

Of course these are all straightforward suggestions. I'd take a different route
I'd go combat tricks and flickering out the ass playing infect.
>>
>>49968147
Anti-blue cards, the no-spells-during-combat angel, hydra omnivore, everything that has or gives myriad
>>
File: Planes.png (27KB, 1368x188px) Image search: [Google]
Planes.png
27KB, 1368x188px
My biggest issue, other than most of the cards being underpowered boring safe shit, is the over-focus on just a few planes for the Legendaries.
Theros: 5
Tarkir: 4
Alara: 3 (2 of which are Esper)(4 if Tana is Jund)
Innistrad: 2
Zendikar: 2
Dominaria: 1
New Phyreixa: 1
Unknown: 2 (Saskia and Tana, though Tana seems Jund-y)

Like come on Wizards, we've got how many planes to pick from for Legendaries? Yet you insist on distributing 20 new Legendaries over only ~7-8 planes?
There should've been a limit of 2 Legendaries per Plane, and only 1 per plane per deck.
>>
>>49968320
my point is, if there's a higher level of power available in readily accessible sets, why would you want the weaker ones?

its better they print cards at a power level that's already existing, like the ones mentioned before
>>
>>49968380
The three soldiers in the background are copy-and-paste the same

>can not unsee
>>
>>49968408
Add Ravnica, and you have the planes that WotC always jerks it off to.
>>
>>49968243
I'm perfectly fine with weak commanders as long as they are interesting. They left these commanders weak and unidirectional because they're afraid of partner and making 15 crestures synergize with each other is hard. They aren't powerful enough to justify running to win, too directionless to justify having interesting builds or interactions, so what exactly do they satisfy?
>>
File: disapointment.jpg (56KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
disapointment.jpg
56KB, 265x370px
holy fuck this is disappointing.
>>
>>49968282
>>49968301
>>49968286
But those cards are miserable to play against, often cookie cutter good stuff and have been complained about in almost every circle.

I don't get it. People bitch about cards like Prossh from hell and back saying that every sealed set of commander has overtuned shit that breaks the format and makes it not fun.

We normally get about 2 new commanders from each deck. Here, we get 4, including really strong 4 color generals and we are still bitching.

If they made 3 4-color generals for the 5 decks, they all would've had to have been intensely powerful to justify their incredibly strict mana cost. And then we would have 15 Prosshes, Derevi's, etc. that were released.
>>
>>49968431
The one on the far right does seem out of place. Like, what soldier would be that far ahead of the rest, and in front of their charge leader at that?
The middle one seems like that's the natural place, and he was just shooped into also being on the right.
The one on the far left is different enough to be a different guy.
>>
>>49968126
>There are plenty of great 4C designs posted online.

This is false. You just have horrible taste and probably only care about how powerful a card is, ignoring good design.
>>
FITLER LAND REPRINTS CONFIRMED
I
T
L
E
R
L
A
N
D
S
[spoilers]The gay ones that work like Signets[/spoilers]
>>
>>49968408
I agree. I also think the partners should have been designed with synergy in mind. Like, be able to take any two partners and they work well together, forming one 6- 8 cost commander.

It feels like every partner was created in a vacuum and of a power level of uncommons.
>>
>>49968447
Welcome to Partner cards in a nutshell.
They're all overly weak and "safe". It's super boring and disappointing.
>>
>>49968408
I'm fine with the number of Tarkir legendaries since do you really want to go back to Tarkir any time soon?

Theros can fuck off though. Where the fuck are the Ravnica legends?
>>
How does Mind's Desire work on a UR spellslinger deck?
>>
>>49968469

As long as they're finishing the cycle I'll be happy.
>>
>>49968327
You don't necessarily have to cast them, but having the option to is a benefit. I get they are weaker, but if my commander suddenly costs 10 because it died a bunch, being able to cast my second one is a great boon.

I don't know. I think it is being underestimated. But then again, I don't play commanders that instantly win the game once cast.
>>
File: tana, overcosted qt.jpg (206KB, 850x473px) Image search: [Google]
tana, overcosted qt.jpg
206KB, 850x473px
Tana is CUTE!

CUTE!
>>
>>49968485
Well.
It works well.
>>
>>49968485
Very.
>>
>>49968452
You have a different definition of fun.

But anyways, for every prosssh there was a jeleva, with a unique and fair ability that was fun to play as and against.

Just give is interesting things wizards. And realize that the combat phase is not nearly as interesting as they seem to think it is.
>>
>>49968169
4 color commanders are so people will stop whining for them and so they can never do them again.
>>
>>49968408
They are all characters from the lore who have actual fiction associated with them. They focus on known planes because they are the ones people know about and have recently read.
>>
>>49968421
Because stronger cards doesn't equal more fun?
>>
File: 1472334468266.gif (3MB, 700x285px) Image search: [Google]
1472334468266.gif
3MB, 700x285px
>>49968324
Had myself a laff
>>
>>49968431
Wow, they are actually literally copy-pasted. The artist just edited their facial hair slightly.
>>
>>49968505
>>49968502

Cool. I got one from the FTV: Lore set in a trade and looks too cool to not put it in
>>
>>49968327
Consider how deceptively powerful charms are.
Your commander is basically a split card with fuse.
>>
File: 75.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
75.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>49968306
>implying you need to go out of colour to do cute things
>>
>>49968447

Who thought it was a good idea to waste Ludevic on a card that was going to be intentionally underpowered?
>>
File: Nephilim.jpg (98KB, 669x617px) Image search: [Google]
Nephilim.jpg
98KB, 669x617px
So... how do the 4 color commanders compare to these guys? Stronger, weaker, more interactive, less interactive?
>>
>>49968474
I think they WERE designed to be synergetic, but they wanted ALL the partners to b synergetic with each other in some way, which means I effects had to be generic to form loose mechanical relations. Which leads to boring designs and not very transparent synergies. It's very loose stuff like Tymna caring about combat damage and the other WB being a flyer, or Akiri getting big and thus caring about combat and Bruse making a creature a house in combat once a turn or whatever. It's there but the effects are so non directional and generic so they'd have random synergy with anything.
>>
>>49968447
I know that it's technically UR, but man it doesn't feel like it at all. UR is all about crazy spells, mad science, and inventing neat shit, not about incentivizing people to not attack you. This is lame as fuck, goddamn custom cards would do better than this, and probably have better art.
>>
>>49968582
>redirect
Anon. . .
>>
>>49968588
I don't like the nephilim because how most of them involve attacking with them for them to do anything
>>
>tfw all multiplayer people are assblasted by C16
>tfw French players are all "holy fuck, this is so good, so busted, ban pls"
>>
>>49968578
Aren't most fuse cards bad in commander?
>>
Ink Treader, Yore Tiller, and Glint Eye are all more interesting than their legendary counterparts, and WotC should have just reprinted them as legendary instead of giving us this uninspired trash.
>>
>>49968509
But they aren't all combat generals.

Ludevic is group hug. Kruphix is ramp. Vial Smasher is chaos + cmc matters. Abzan is counters.

But apparently the only kind of general that is accepted is one that either draws cards, tutors or combos immediately to win the game on the spot.

I dunno. I'm disappointed too, I am, I just think people are overreacting.
>>
>>49968614
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=2855
Just do some kind of Combat shennanigans, like forcing everything to attack or something, then cast Blood of the Martyr and then the Squire.
Redirect all the damage to yourself, then the Squire prevents it and gets fuckhueg.
>>
>Ink Treader
>1 mana cantrips turn into disgusting mass draw
>3 mana insurrections
>Targeted removal turning into mass destruction

>Any other 4 colour being stronger or more interactive
>>
>>49968632
What an interesting thought. The first time I read something like this. Do you have more original ideas?
>>
>>49968614
can you not prevent redirected damage?

It's not like cutting. It's still damage.
>>
>>49968608
Maybe you're right and I'm just not seeing interactions yet. They're new and will be undervalued until they're available for play.

All i know so far is that Kydele + Aquaman will be bonkers regardless of his actual ability.
>>
>>49968147
Just build BG Elfball with bolts and paths/swords.
>>
>>49968632
Just houserule them as Legendary in your playgroup.
>>
>>49968632
The reason given that they don't reprint/oracle the Nephilim to Legendaries is that they don't want to do functional oracle changes or functionally different reprints.
Would you rather we go the YuGiOh route of oracle-ing, where they regularly completely change card texts, or completely re-name older cards for no apparent reason?
>>
>>49968137
I REALLY hope they come in multiples and not just one/two of each per deck, I want 50x of Guay's for my cube and 20x of Walkers' for all my future standard decks.
>>
>>49968677
Naw I misread the text. Thought it said redirect from you to creatures. This works. Although it needs to be cast the same turn Squire's ETB resolves.
>>
>>49968588
Saskia and Dune-Brood seem to have a natural synergy to me...
>>
>>49968721
considering it's an instant and the squire's got flash, that's easy

Should be fun in multiplayer.
>>
>>49968230
>>NWO
>For Rare and Mythic cards ?
Have you never heard a politician speak? It's clear that NWO's "goal" and it's actual effects on game design are not coherent and you have to be a contrarian faggot to keep defending definitions when the people who made up the definitions don't follow them.
>>
>>49968708

The only time they've re-named older cards already printed in English was because of issues that came up because of the card's name, like a card being Harpie's Brother in English yet not actually being a Harpy card, requiring an addendum to every card that mentioned Harpies.
>>
>>49968708
I just want them to add the "Can be your commander" text that the C15 planeswalkers had. I know that making them legendary would sadden the few people with kitchen table Nephilim decks.
>>
>>49968643
People want cards that do interesting things, that can't be really be done in standard or modern. So far they haven't really provided us with anything unique. That fits that criteria.
>>
>>49968708
Ultimately, I just want something more inspired than "No red means get big so proliferate. :^)"
>>
>>49968753
>Creature that encourages attacking
>Synergizes with creature that has to deal damage

How are you not on the pro tour?

(Also Saskia doesn't double the tokens, her ability isn't combat damage. They only synergy is that they both have abilities involving attacking)
>>
>>49968588
>Glint-Eye
N/A
>Dune-Brood
Dune-Brood feels like he should be run in a mono-G land ramp deck. I love it, but I'd have difficulty making use out of its W or B aside from some utility, I guess? Comparatively, I'm not sure how well Saskia will use black, but Naya colors will be great for banners, tokens, and combat tricks. She's simple and beaty, which I appreciate.
>Ink-Treader
Ink-Treader nephilim is a huge, silly gambit card, which would HAVE to be built around. But barring goodstuff, nephilim lets you take it very potently in a lot of different ways. Gays are pretty solid group hug, but only do one trick. I could just be salty because my blue-braids would always get hated out.
>Witch-Maw
I can't see a way to run nephilim besides "voltron" but made of cantrips, still fun and my personal favourite. Atraxa can be built half a dozen ways at least and I love her too. I'm just too happy about WUBG in gneneral to choose a single one.
>Yore-Tiller
Nephilim is obviously good for a crazy reanimator deck; just include every "additional combat" card you can. Breya seems like a possible combo engine, who wizards slapped some nerf-coating on to dissuay her being a combo engine.

So far, I'm liking all of each, and on an unrelated note, it's nifty how each 4c commander and its corresponding nephilim have good synergy. I hope Glint-Eye doesn't fuck it up.
>>
>>49968588
>>49968753
Dune-Brood, Witch-Maw, and maybe Yore-Tiller all have natural synergy with their respective 4-color commanders (Witch-Maw and Dune Brood are more obvious, Yore Tiller could be good to get sac outlets back for Breya).

Glint-Eye might work depending on Chaos Ogre's ability/deck, and Ink-Treader doesn't really fit group hug
>>
>>49968755
No, you're just confusing two different things. Most people who go "muh NWO", like you, are actually thinking about the Acquisition Plan.

It basically only shows how dumb you are.
>>
>>49968708
Flying Carpet would like a word with you.
>>
So is this good to put in every 4 color commander deck with W?
>>
>>49968755

Congratulations anon, you've just proven Doop's Law.

Doop's Law: It is not possible to create an statement, no matter how absurd or satirical, that nobody will be dumb enough to defend.
>>
>>49968842
Not really, no.
>>
File: faerieartisans.jpg (46KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
faerieartisans.jpg
46KB, 265x370px
>>
>>49968431
Holy
Fucking
Shit

Why?! I mean the actual reason is obvious, it's easy. But the rest of the art is fine! Not great, but she at least looks interesting.
>>
I actually like Ludevic. U/R pillow fort has never been done before, and he's as good a time to try it out as any.
>>
>>49968796
Yes, but then you make an assload of tokens, which then making getting through with Saskia's ability that much easier. Not every synergy has to win you the game, but then again, I'm as casual a player as they come, so what do I know? I just like turning cards sideways.
>>
>>49968864
This would have made for an interesting commander ability, for those keeping track.
>>
>Inexorable Tide is both more interesting, and more powerful than Phyrexian Angel
Haah waaw
>>
File: haiiiii.png (182KB, 266x371px) Image search: [Google]
haiiiii.png
182KB, 266x371px
>>
>>49968842

Obviously not.

It's good if voltroning up and winning with commander damage is your game plan.

It's a waste of a cardslot if it's not.
>>
>>49968864
Nice.
>>
>>49968875
I don't know how anyone can find pillowfort interesting.
>>
>>49968864

This + panharmonicon?
>>
>>49968864
Great. Blue gets more good stuff. Wew.
>>
>>49968842
Only on Voltron commanders. Loads of multicolor decks don'trun that many multicolored creatures. You will rarely get more than +2/+2 on this, which is quite underwhelming.
>>
>>49968842
The new flail is better and it's not that amazing to begin with.
>>
>>49968907
Remember, good, fun, and mechanically interesting are only on the blue slice if the color pie.

T. mark "if it ain't blue, it's the wrong hue" rosewater
>>
>>49968864

>The two objectively best cards spoiled so far are blue

wew
>>
File: c4rd4r7_Mqb6h9nDdn.jpg (221KB, 850x473px) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_Mqb6h9nDdn.jpg
221KB, 850x473px
>that sweet caress
>>
>>49968864

Why in the actual FUCK didn't they put this ability on a commander?
>>
If the Redless colour set is supposed to embody growth and patience, why does a commander representing it have any combat keywords at all?
>>
>>49968147
Tokens, damage doublers, more tokens, removal, even more tokens. The core seems like Selesnya to me, with Rakdos as support.
>>
>>49968864
I am convinced that this was what Ludevic was supposed to be originally.
>>
>>49968782
When have they printed cards that do things that can't be done in Standard or Modern that doesn't specifically reference the command zone or cheat with it like Skullbriar?

Nin could easily be in real MTG, but it is a fan favorite. Same for Zedruu and whatnot.

Unless what you meant is they should release more broken cards that would snap competitive formats in half.
>>
>>49968946
>tfwnobf
>>
File: 1342706539273.gif (903KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1342706539273.gif
903KB, 400x300px
>>49968946
>That statue touching tips in the background
>>
>>49968873
Deadlines are a thing. This isn't a personal project where the artist can spend a year adding meticulous details to the background. That said, he still shouldn't have mad it quite this obvious. He probably was REALLY pressed for time. Like, Saskia looks so detailed, he might've just lost track of time while working on her.
>>
File: IMG_1748.png (211KB, 307x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1748.png
211KB, 307x311px
>5 out of 20 commanders are from theros
>Expecting all sorts of weird shit from 4 color commander set
>Majority of commanders are humans
>>
>>49968447
This is pretty disappointing, particularly with the Geralf in Gisa cards. Ludevic should have been the (b)(g)(r)(u) general. Or they could better version. Maybe one that partnered with his flying zombie.
>>
>>49968988
>NO ENCHANTMENT CREATURES

>Iroas doesn't count
>>
>>49969004
>Ludevic should have been the (b)(g)(r)(u) general
I've been thinking this all day. Somewhere between Simic and Izzet, with a dash of necromancy thrown in. He really fits nicely. Sure would have been a hell of a lot neater than a shitty chaos deck.
>>
>>49968083
Things I want to run this set:
Akiri-Ravos artifice reanimation
Ravos-Vialsmasher ETB+Damage
Ravos-Reyhan Fabricating modular assholes

Put simply, I like Ravos and 4 color commanders was stupid from the word go.
>>
If you were gonna make an enchantress deck, but blue is beyond boring, what colors would you play and who would you have at the helm?
>>
>>49968937

Is the other one the ultra proliferate manta ray? That card is decent but I think it's being overrated, needs quite a bit of set up to be strong, whereas this faerie is just straight up absurd

Every time somebody plays an etb you get it too, it's ridiculous
>>
>>49969039
Run the new Not Blue commander and call it a day.
>>
So what exactly are we going to call these color combinations?

I kinda like their Shard names + the new color.

Like, Breya is Esper Red, Saskia is Jund White, etc.
>>
>>49969030
>>49969004

What if someday we get young Ludevic with those colors?

It seems like wotc is referencing his old age a lot, could be possible
>>
>>49969039

Uril.
>>
>>49969064
Why not just not-red, non-white, etc?
>>
>>49969039
White and gren, probably. Uril is definitely an option.
>>
>>49969064
Not blue
Not white
Not black
Not green
Not red
>>
Ravos seems cool, like a worse meren in worse colors, but WB has always lacked a goodstuff commander so it was more needed than meren
>>
>>49969064
WUBR = Artifice
UBRG = Chaos
BRGW = Aggression
RGWU = Altruism
GWUB = Growth

Wizards is already ahead of you, pal.
>>
>>49968946
>how do we convey that these two dudes love eachother
>oh i know, lets just have one with the shorter one's hand all up in the taller one's dreads, people do that with people they love right?
>>
>>49969096

No, those are the themes of the decks, the color combinations themselves aren't pinned to only those themes
>>
>>49969039
Daxos 2.0
>>
>>49969107

>pretending this is weird and not just you being confused
>>
>>49968864
Regular creatures get stuff like this, while the commanders get crap like Ludevic and Ishai.
>>
>>49969096
Those are the names of the decks. Nobody fucking calls R/W "Wade" because the 2015 decks was called "Wade into Battle." Don't be daft
>>
>>49969064
Ink, Witch, Glint, Yore, and Dune.
>>
>>49969004
>>49969030
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-preview/designing-commander-2016-edition-2016-10-24
>For example, there were a lot of Zombies in Grixis and in Golgari. We could have blue-black-red-green (UBRG) be a Zombie tribal deck!
Pretty sure it was what they had in mind at the start of design.
>>
>>49969119

It's not an enchantress deck without both green and white

You can make an enchantMENT deck in any color combo, but enchantRESS is GW+ any amount of other colors
>>
>>49969133
Oh, I'm going to start. Thanks anon. Through the sheer force of my autism it will be so.
>>
>>49969030
>>49969004
I thought he was gonna be the not white as well, since they shown him to love a good giant monster.

Oh well. Gisa and Geralf got redesigns eventually. Ludevic might too in a few years.
>>
File: 68749487672.gif (398KB, 600x895px) Image search: [Google]
68749487672.gif
398KB, 600x895px
>>49969067
That's just an excuse cause they know they made a shitty card with bad flavor.

For 99% of his life he was a crazy hermit who only saw people as experiments, but somehow, inexplicably, he was printed with partner.
Let that sink in a moment.
>>
>>49969133
>not calling RW Wade
What,are you, some sort of Meletis faggot?
>>
>>49969138
This.
>>
Posted in ded thread by mistake.

>UW
Creatures you control have flying.
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage draw a card.
Partner.
>WB
Creatures you control have Lifelink
Whenever you gain life, create a 1/1 W/B Spirit token with flying.
Partner.
>UB
Creatures you control have Skulk.
Whenver one or more creatures you control deal combat damage to an opponent, you may discard a card, if you do look at that player's hand and choose a nonland card from it, that player discard the chosen card.
Partner.
>UR
Creatures you control have Prowess.
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to an opponent you may draw two cards then discard two cards.
Partner.
>BR
Creatures you control have Haste.
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to an opponent, you may discard a card, if you do *this* deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
Partner.
>BG
Creatures you control have Deathtouch.
Whenever a creature an opponent controls dies, you gain life equal to it's thoughness.
Partner.
>RG
Creatures you control have Trample.
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to an opponent it deals damage equal to it's power to target creature that players controls.
Partner.
>RW
Creatures you control have First Strike.
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to an opponent, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control.
Partner.
>GW
Creatures you control have Reach.
Whenever you gain life, put a +1/+1 crature on target creature you control.
Partner.
>GU
Creatures you control have Hexproof.
Whenever you draw a card, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control.
Partner.

Was it really so difficult? Partner should have been designed as build-a-commander, not the crap they actually put out.
>>
File: 1d0rvb.jpg (61KB, 223x620px) Image search: [Google]
1d0rvb.jpg
61KB, 223x620px
>>49968708
At one point Phage was also listed on the gatherer as a "Zombie Minion". I grabbed a copy back then for zombie EDH tribal, only to have wizards change it a third time.
>>
when will we get cascadebro?
>>
>>49969093
Ayli is good stuffy. Cheap and a sac outlet. Blocks profitably.
>>
>>49969039

Karametra can work
>>
>>49969163
Thanks to wording that means that if you punch your opponent with a handful of tokens, it goes off for each token. Broken as shit.
>>
>>49968898
Because then I get to fuck with guys like you.
>>
>>49968408
Adding to this due to other posts in the thread provoking my thoughts.

11 of the Legendaries are Humans. More than half. Out of all the creature types available in all of Magic's history.
There's over 200 creature races according to MTGSalvationWiki that could've been used.

Even with 5 of the Legendaries being from Theros, none of them are Enchantment Creatures.

Most of the Partner Legends are underpowered and "safe" card design, while most of the actually interesting new abilities are given to non-Legends.
(see Selfless Squire, Faerie Artisans, Charging Cinderhorn, Primeval Protector)
Not only that, but even amongst themselves the Partners have little to no synergy, even though they were intended to work together.
>>
2 more cleric legends though.
>>
>>49969160
His entire arc in SOI was being penpals and roomies with Geralf.
>>
>>49969164

Speaking of phage she's actually a hilarious way to BTFO the new faerie artificer
>>
>>49969163
Skulk as a keyword is dead, and a few of these seem pretty unbalanced.
Plus, I know that generic commanders is what we wound up getting, but I don't think the solution is to go even more generic.
>>
>>49968864
I bet this was Ludevic and then MaRo saw it and said "that effect is not Red, make it monoblue and design something else".
>>
>>49969138
I like this
>Ink
>Not black
The ironing
>>
>>49969039
Why would you do Blue for Enchantress when White/Green is the go-to?
>>
>>49969216
They are based on characters that have actual magic story associated with them. Vial smasher was a goblin Sarkhan saw when he first time travelled, shit like that.

Spoiler alert, most stories are about humans and most stories that are currently in popular consciousness are to do with recent sets.
>>
>>49969251
>copying things as tokens
Yeah, that's not really Ludevic either, man. Don't get TOO paranoid.
>>
Akura, Artisan of Blood
BRGW
Legendary Creature - Vampire Samurai
Trample, provoke, bushido 2
Whenever a creature an opponent controls dies, put a +1/+1 counters on Akura, Artisan of Blood.
2/2
>>
>>49969251
That's actually really close to Feldon in a way. Fuck, another red mechanic lost to blue.
>>
>>49969251
A 2/2 flyer that makes artifact copies?
>>
>>49969261

Awful, glad you aren't designing cards
>>
File: 6ej216l.png (79KB, 250x265px) Image search: [Google]
6ej216l.png
79KB, 250x265px
>>49968986
It's only gay if the swords touch.
>>
>>49969264
Feldon was kind of a stretch, there is no denying. He basically reanimates every turn. I get he is sort of a Kikki Jikki, but there is a difference.

He's not blue either. He's a black card with some minor artifact trinket text.
>>
>>49969260
>>49969272
They're temporary copies since they get exiled when a new one is going to be made. Would fit ludevic more than what he currently has.
>>
>>49969308
>red can't make artifacts now
FUCK OFF MARO GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD
>>
>>49969229
Oh yeah, that is pretty hilarious. You'd need to give her flash.
>>
>>49969258
We could have gotten the WB Angel sister and Edgar Markov since both are dead.
Instead we get fuccboi and weaver, two characters that could have been in Theros 2 without problem..
>>
File: Nothing but bad burn for red.png (19KB, 409x288px) Image search: [Google]
Nothing but bad burn for red.png
19KB, 409x288px
>>49969320
Do you SEE any red Fabricate cards in Kaladesh? Fuck I was mad about that too
>>
File: ishaiojutaidragonspeaker.jpg (47KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
ishaiojutaidragonspeaker.jpg
47KB, 265x370px
Is this ability blue now?
>>
>>49969395
white has had it, its fine.
>>
>>49969392
>Type: Triggered
you better believe it.
>>
>>49969251
Pretty much. Red got the 4 mana 2 toughness Ox that has to sit around for multiple turns, not being removed, hoping your opponents can't attack, before he starts PINGING.

The blue fish doubles ALL COUNTERS on ETB.

I'm not even a red player but are there really people out there thinking it's not getting shafted on purpose?
>>
>>49969395
>Is being shit blue now?
Yes.
>>
>>49969395
Don't you know by now, anon? Every ability is blue in one way or another!
>>
let's see what everybody's favorite MTG youtuber has to say about C16!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5-qdBr1eck
>>
>>49969395
Everything is blue
>>
>>49969320
Red can make artifacts. But it can reanimate a Dragon or a random Utility dude over and over.

If it was just artifacts in yard or both artifacts and creatures on the battlefield, it would be red as fuck. But right now it is just black.

I say this as someone who loves red. Making reanimator in red is a dumb way of making it EDH playable.
>>
File: Rosewater 2.png (544KB, 608x808px) Image search: [Google]
Rosewater 2.png
544KB, 608x808px
>>49969395

>>49969426
>>49969434
Rosewater can't hide his bias for blue
>>
File: 20161026_140542.png (1KB, 138x22px) Image search: [Google]
20161026_140542.png
1KB, 138x22px
>>49969392
>>
>>49969442
It's not reanimator at all though. Stop talking out of your ass.
>>
>>49969389
Oh you know, those characters that didn't exist in any real capacity when the set was being designed and had no stories associated with them at the time.
>>
>>49969389
The WB angel girl and Edgar would have been good alternatives for the fuccboi and the Weaver, definitely. But at the same time, I kind of like the fuccboi. Too bad he's not brown like the other half of Theros
>>
>>49969395
A blue card this shitty? MaRo must have been asleep that day
>>
>>49969413
but fish costs 5 :^)
>>
So, is anyone working on non-4C decks lately? I have a few terrible lists that need work.
>>
>>49968982
That's a heck of a lot of strawmen for one post.
>>
>>49969462
I like the weaver. Good art too.
>>
>>49969463
It's okay. They'll use this card as precedent for a better blue card one day.
>>
File: Image (26).png (115KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (26).png
115KB, 223x311px
>>49968447
>>49968609
>>49968875
>>49968981
>>49969030
>>49969067
>>49969158
>>49969160
>>49969225
>>49969251
>>49969260

This should have been Ludevic's card. When it first came out I was planning on doing an alter with some Ludevic inspired art. The (b)(r) one they gave us feels like a generic Izzet guild member.
>>
>>49969470
I need to work on the manabase for my oros deck and work on a sidisi zombie deck to improve it
>>
>>49969448
Right, because after all, it is a token copy and not the original card and after all.

Reusing creatures in your yard over and over again is firmly black. That's half the reason I fucking hate black and white is that bullshit. It isn't fun.

I love making token copies, but I'd rather we get more cards that let you make temporary token copies of shit on the battlefield, yours or opponents than this.
>>
>>49969428
Desolator Magic is basically the 4chan mentality toward magic personified. Watch his videos. That is how stupid you guys sound.
>>
>>49968147
Might be too obvious but Gisela would be pretty good.
>>
>>49969472
What the fuck did he mean then? If not cards that are unique to commander or too powerful for real formats?

If that's not what he meant, fine. But I don't see what else it could mean.
>>
>>49969503
You're new as fuck if you can't handle a fair mechanic based in multiple colors. All colors can touch the graveyard in some fashion, you better learn to deal with it or find a new hobby.
Try Tormod's Crypt.
>>
So, with Atraxa, what are some superfriends staples I can't miss?
>>
>>49969497
Ludevic only had a few black cards and didn't do a whole lot of zombie shit, with his most fun cards in terms of flavor being like Hysterical Blindness, Narstad Scrapper and Bones to Ash.
>>
>>49969340
Why flash?
>>
>>49969392
The theme of the decks in Commander 2016 seems to be mostly determined by what doesn't fit the missing color. So the not green deck gets to be all about artifacts because green "hates" them, but then it's also ok to give Fabricate to green over red.
>>
>>49969532
Inexorable Tide
Dubbling Season
Ajani Mentor of Heroes
Those come up immediately
>>
>>49969497
UR. BR is Black Red.
>>
Ludevic fags BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>49968873
>>49968431
>>49968566
The card is actually cropped and you only see one guy.
It's very likely they edited it to fit wallpaper resolution.
>>
>>49969527
I can deal with it. It is piss easy to deal with it. Rest in Peace, Relic, etc.

And red already has Past in Flames and similar for its graveyard mechanic.

I just don't like the idea of making the bad EDH colors better in EDH by making them reskinned versions of other colors. That isn't to say I like shit like Bruse being the only Boros commander.
>>
>>49969541
>>49969340
Flash actually isn't needed. If you play Phage, her trigger and Artisans' trigger will fire, going onto the stack in AP/NAP order. So if you play Phage during your turn, the Artisan trigger will resolve first, giving them a Phage token, and killing them. If you flashed her in during THEIR turn, your trigger would fire first and kill you.

Assuming you're not casting from your hand.
>>
File: kynaiosandtiroofmeletis.jpg (56KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
kynaiosandtiroofmeletis.jpg
56KB, 265x370px
>>49968123
Race mixing homo greeks with huge asses, like playing group hug.
Absolutely degenerate.
>>
Why do I have this inane urge to try and force Azor's Elocutors to work using all of this counters-matter stuff?
>>
File: nwo1en_crop_340x234.jpg (25KB, 340x234px) Image search: [Google]
nwo1en_crop_340x234.jpg
25KB, 340x234px
>>49968169
>>
Is there a point at which the design team has come out and said they refuse to have a commander that gives spells likelink (i.e: tamanoa)

It would have been an obvious boros-commander thing to do. At this point I can only believe they are too afraid of the idea, or haven't found a good way to justify it being blue.
>>
>>49969580
Feldon is a unique mechanic. If anything it's based on other red cards. Again, you're talking out of your ass.
>>
>>49969497
>claims to know better than the designers
>doesn't even know the most basic of M:tG lingo
>>
>>49969580
Creating artificial and short-lived copies of the dead in a fleeting attempt to recapture what you've lost sounds pretty red.
>>
>>49968169
>mark toiletwater
Okay, I laughed.
>>
File: 1471809922741.jpg (88KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471809922741.jpg
88KB, 800x600px
>>49968206
>IKR
>NAO

Kill yourself, my man
>>
>>49968324

Underrated post
>>
>>49969586

I don't get it

As long as you cast phage from your hand you won't die no matter what order shit resolved and they will because creating a token isn't casting from your hand
>>
>>49969634
>Creating
White, green or blue.
>artificial
Blue or white.
>and short-lived
Okay, that's red.
>copies
Blue.
>of the dead
White, black or maybe green
>in a fleeting attempt
Okay, red.
>to recapture what you've lost
White, blue or black.

Feldon should be Esper colors.
>>
>>49968286
Nice try, Syndrome
>>
>>49969676
>Feldon should be Esper colors.
Spoiler season really brings out the retards, doesn't it.
I guess all magic should be WGU since you're 'creating' something when you cast a spell, right?
>>
>>49969676
It's to recapture love lost. Pretty definitely red. And red creates artefacts. See Pia Nalaar.

So basically the first two are red too.
>>
>>49969661
Thanks mate. I was the one who coined "Flankman and Moustache" and I felt the other partners deserve silly nicknames too.
>>
>>49968286
>>49969678
Reminds me of that custom Syndrome card someone made that gave everyone's creatures first strike and flying.
>>
>ctrl+f 'bara'
>No results
Come on guys, Bara bros is best 4 color.
>>
File: 1381646400225.gif (2MB, 277x202px) Image search: [Google]
1381646400225.gif
2MB, 277x202px
>>49969395
>There's no combination for RWU that's really worth it

Thanks wizards.
>>
>>49969699
They're Group Fug/Gay Hug/Gay Fort
>>
>>49969519
Modern and standard are formats where combo, control, and general timmyness are impossible to run successfully. By turning every nearly every general into a combat efficient creature with a multiplayer twist, but an overall low power level, they're diluting what makes the format great. Also, dirt many edh is a player's only exposure to eternal formats.

Edh is a high power level format where combat isn't the be all end all. So wizards needs to grow some balls and actually release cards worthy of eternal formats, that don't necessarily involve the combat zone. This doesn't mean overpowered, because balance is relative. I don't want to play modern power levels, or standard power levels in edh. I don't want to play boring abilities in edh.
>>
>>49969671
Right.

But if you cast it from somewhere ELSE (like t he Command Zone) it does matter.
>>
>>49969724
Maybe you should stop playing R, anon. It's a path of sorrow for you from here on out.
>>
>>49969697
Speaking of, did anyone make an alter of Blightsteel Colossus that turned it into the Omnidroid?
>>
>>49969692
>recapturing lost love
Obsessing over something you lost and trying to obtain it once more is black.
Trying to achieve the impossible is blue.
Wanting to restore someone and give them the life they lost is white.

There's nothing red about it.

I'd also argue that Pia Nalaar is color-bending. Really, red shouldn't be able to do anything with artifacts but destroy them or sacrifice them for benefits. Red is dumb and definitely, definitely not creative.
>>
>>49969759
Maro pls go we're trying to discuss cards here
>>
>>49969759
In what fucking universe is creating an artifact out of emotion-fueled frustration, rage, and desperation not red
>>
>>49969497
>BR
>Izzet
For being the best zombie maker in all of innistrad it should have had something related to zombies or the graveyard, though, yea.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 265x370px
Who is this in story?
>>
>>49969759
I want Esper to leave
>>
File: 1406564781962.png (527KB, 366x488px) Image search: [Google]
1406564781962.png
527KB, 366x488px
>>49969746
I know
>>
>>49969784

Don't know, don't care, he is cute as fuck and that background is goat
>>
>>49969784
Power bottom fucboi of the gay kangz, fucked so hard he exists in both the real world and the after life.
>>
>>49969759
You're projecting yourself on red, I think.
>>
>>49969801
Pretty much. Just shut up and be pretty WB guy.
>>
>>49969784
You know I can only imagine him dancing to some really shitty electro-pop like he's in a music video.

From a flavor perspective this only confuses me further.
>>
>>49969778
Feldon's never angry or frustrated or desperate. He's just a sad old wizard, all of which are traits that are attributed to blue, not red.
>>
>>49969609
A unique mechanic. A unique mechanic? A variation of unearth that doesn't exile the dude, turns it into an artifact and makes token copies?

I swear, you guys are so engrained in your format that you can't imagine having a color that doesn't bring creatures from the graveyard. Or not being able to draw 4 cards a turn or ramp to 30 mana over a game.

I play EDH, my favorite colors are GRUBW in that order and I have constantly been frustrated by my colors not having the shit that seemed necessary to perform well in the format. Running Oblivion Stone and Mind's Eye because that's the only kind of enchantment removal or card draw you can play is frustrating. Having Blasphemous Act as your wrath of choice when your opponent has a 17/17 in play is maddening. Having to own like 4 copies of Duplicant because your colors creature removal sucks balls sucks.

I understand where you are coming from. But I wish people realized that the answer to this isn't to make every color into the same Sultai control/combo deck that EDH is most suited for. And before you say other colors get to do everything already or that the "drawbacks" in those cards isn't enough, I agree with you, but I hate that too.
>>
>>49969724
>Gruul's good enough
I'm ok.

Pairs really well with the Selesnya one too
>>
>>49969741

You're not really blowing them out if you die too though, I thought it was obvious I mesnt casting it from the hand to blow out the faerie player
>>
>>49969831
Felton, a human, is never angry or frustrated? Ever?
>>
>>49969784
Serves the Underworld guy who isn't Erebos, brings the dead to the Underworld, so he can see his lover once a year. I know there's a greek thing equating to it, but it already has a card, and I can't help but think of him as Pit.

He's also plotting to free all the souls from the Underworld, so there's also that.
>>
>>49969784
>As an oracle of Athreos, the god of passage, Ravos knew the fleeting nature of life. Even so, watching his beloved perish in battle was too much for Ravos to bear, and he struck a deal with the god. Ravos swore to help Athreos guide the dead to the Underworld in exchange for seeing his dead lover once each year. In the interim, Ravos plots his rescue and secretly defies Athreos by escorting his wards back to the land of the living.

That's his official lore.
>>
>>49969831
So by your logic the colors of red and green just don't fucking exist
>>
>>49968904
Wouldn't that just end up exiling both of them?
>>
>>49969841
>A unique mechanic? A variation of unearth that doesn't exile the dude, turns it into an artifact and makes token copies?
I don't understand. You just enumerated all the differences it has while pointing out that it only has one similarity.
>>
File: 40c.png (490KB, 600x691px) Image search: [Google]
40c.png
490KB, 600x691px
>>49969841
>Green
>Not having the shit necessary to perform well in the format
>>
>>49969784
>As an oracle of Athreos, the god of passage, Ravos knew the fleeting nature of life. Even so, watching his beloved perish in battle was too much for Ravos to bear, and he struck a deal with the god. Ravos swore to help Athreos guide the dead to the Underworld in exchange for seeing his dead lover once each year. In the interim, Ravos plots her rescue and secretly defies Athreos by escorting his wards back to the land of the living.
>>
>>49969692
>>49969759
Flavor doesn't matter. Colors have mechanical identities.
>>
>>49969862
Stupid, blind rage is red.
Fire and lightning is red.
Goblins (the stupid variety) are red.
Dragons are red.

That's about it.
>>
>>49969831
Did you even read his story? There were many times when he felt all of those emotions.
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/arcana/lorans-smile-2014-10-27
>>
>>49969871
It involves the graveyard which makes it identical to Unearth. Any mechanic that uses the graveyard is just Unearth.

Flashback? That's spell Unearth. Animate Dead? That's Unearth as an enchantment. Sun Titan? More like Unearth Titan.
>>
>>49969163
Those are horrible. And not in a fun way.
>>
>>49969854
>and I can't help but think of him as Pit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q5llvQphiw
>>
>>49969676
Yes MaRo, we know red shouldn't even exist.
>>
>>49969892
spelltwine? More like spell unearth.
>>
>>49969887
EMOTION is red.

Red is about emotion, freedom, creativity, impulse, chaos, action, short-sightedness.

How in the fuck is someone creating replicas of his dead wife out of love and sorrow and frustration BLUE? The color of logic and inaction and intellect?
>>
>>49969861
>>49969875
Very cool. He's honestly absolutely perfect for what I like to do in black white. He's my soul commander.
>>
>>49969861
>Ravos swore to help Athreos guide the dead to the Underworld in exchange for seeing his dead lover once each year. In the interim, Ravos plots his rescue and secretly defies Athreos by escorting his wards back to the land of the living.
>in exchange for seeing his dead lover once each year. In the interim, Ravos plots his rescue
>his dead lover
>plots his rescue
>his
>his

So that's two gay couples in C2016.
>>
>>49968488
Did you play Eventide?
>>
>>49969934

Man, its almost like there were a lot of gay men in ancient greece
>>
>>49969920
>creating
Blue, white or green.
>replicas
Blue.
>of his dead wife
Compassion and love falls under white, death falls under black.
>sorrow
That's blue.
>frustration
Black or red.
>>
>>49969733
It does mean overpowered. Because of something is overpowered for actual competitive formats like Modern or Standard, it is overpowered for the world's most casual format outside of Wizard's Tower and 40-Card Pickup.

I understand what is currently is good in EDH, but I don't understand why people want more of it and think it is great. Stalling all game until you resolve a huge Exsanguinate or cycle Kokusho over and over. Or tutoring for Helm at end step and exiling someone out the game. Or making sure everyone's lands don't untap so they scoop because even a 2/3 flyer is a win condition if you drew enough answers and lockdown.

Whatever. I don't need creatures to have fun, but EDH has enough cards for "durdle until you win".
>>
>>49969934
No, just one. The actual article says 'her'.
>>
>>49969962
>Compassion and love falls under white
Love is literally under red. It's passion.
>>
>>49969962
So EMOTIONS, one of the core fucking tenents of red, is now blue?
>>
>>49969934
Ravos is planning his(Ravos') rescue of his(Ravos') lover
>>
>>49968498
>raised by saprolings

kek
>>
>>49969988
>>49969980
Red isn't emotion, it's anger and irrational blindness. That's the one emotion that red covers.

Next you guys will say that everyone's black because everyone dies, or everyone's blue because everyone can think. Red's just anger. If emotion was red, everyone would be red.
>>
>>49969988
Stop responding to the dipshit, it's either a shitposter or a genuine retard. Either way you lose your time.
>>
>>49969962
maro please leave
>>
>>49969871
>>49969892
Fuck you guys. Make a creature in the graveyard on the battlefield for a turn and it gains haste is fucking pretty similar. The rest of it is just boosting its power to make it stronger.
>>
>>49970012
Retard.
>>
>>49970009
"Surely you mean ON Saprolings."
>"No sir BY Saprolings, she's perfectly normal even if she does follow the sun a bit."
>>
File: Color_Wheel.jpg (92KB, 498x500px) Image search: [Google]
Color_Wheel.jpg
92KB, 498x500px
>>49970012
>red isn't emotion
I'd like you to read the words above "Impulse"
>>
>>49969963
Casualness does not have anything to do with power level. If it did, sol ring would be banned. Correct your fallacies, then get back to me.
>>
>>49969676
Red can copy things anon. It's also very related to artifice.
>>
>>49968083
Does anybody know what Yidris is supposed to do? Is he gonna be actually interesting or is he gonna be as boring as every Commander not called Saskia?
>>
>>49969874
Try building a monogreen deck that doesn't ramp.

Yeah. It doesn't. You have to run the world's assest removal.
>>
>>49970012
You're a damn good troll man. right on.
It's made even more funny because all you've been saying is what MARO actually fucking believes.
>>
>>49970012
>If emotion was red, everyone would be red
Fun fact: technically everyone is all 5 colors. Technically speaking everyone has some mixture of the 'defining' traits, because real people aren't two-dimensional.

For the purposes of game design, though, things are 'considered' to be whatever color is most dominant.
>>
>>49970012
>Red isn't emotion, it's anger and irrational blindness.
Literally incorrect. See Urubrask, and the entire Red sphere of New Phyrexia.
Every card that features lovers is red.

"Emotion (particularly the highly fueled ones such as Aggression, Rage, Passion, Fury, etc.)
Impulse
Violence
Brutality
Might (Solving Problems Through Brawn)
Destruction
Chaos
The Elements of Fire & Earth (and the related destructive natural elements - Lighting, Fire, Earthquakes, Mudslides, Sandstorms, etc.)
Fighting
Military
Randomness
Spontaneity
Gambling
Hedonism
Barbarism"
-Mark Toiletwater himself, despite often forgetting half of this list.
>>
File: 124013_200w.jpg (27KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
124013_200w.jpg
27KB, 200x285px
They've done it. They've finally done it.
They've given me my Minotaur Monk legendary that I've always wanted.

I also realize I'm probably the only person who has wanted this.
>>
>>49970054
>I'm going to intentionally ignore the strengths in this color, and then bitch that it doesn't have the strengths of a different color
You might as well build a blue deck with no counters or card draw and complain that it has bad ramp.
>>
>>49968935
Mark "anything you can do, blue can do better" rosewater
>>
>>49970072

What
>>
>>49970072
>Finally
I'm gonna tell him
>>
>>49970053
Allegedly it's:

Trample
If Yidris deals combat damage to a player, spells you cast from your hand have cascade until end of turn.

Probably bullshit though.
>>
>>49970078
Mark "better dead than red" Rosewater
>>
>>49968622
Makes sense we still ass hurt over the life change to 20. So aggro burn train is on.
>>
>>49969746
Queen Marchesa is fantastic, then again the only red cards you play are sweepers and MLD.
>>
>>49970012
END YOURSELF NOW PLEASE
>>
>>49970085
Not if I get to first.

>>49970072
Check gatherer anon.
>>
File: slow.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
slow.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
>>49970072
Is this a ruse?

Zedruu is a reprint from the first commander product.
>>
>>49969845
In 1v1 youll win
>>
>>49969759
Fuck off Rosewater.
>>
>>49969308
Nelson was perfect imo. Red doesn't usually care about the grave but a colors can if the flavor of a set dictates it, like how every color cares about the grave in Innistrad. The flavor perfectly conveys Feldon mechanically so I think it can get a pass. Everything else is perfectly red even though it could easily have been black or BR as we.
>>
>>49970122
read Feldon's story and you'll understand why it isn't black.
>>
>>49969959
And Phyrexia gets to be AIDs when it invades.
>>
>>49970051
Casualness doesn't have anything to do with power level? Are you the kind of person who thinks 100 singleton vintage would be casual as long as people don't get worked up about it?

Casualness is the willingness to have fun at the expense of optimum play. Running high power level cards solely because they perform better is not being casual. Running high power level cards because you think it is fun can be casual play, but usually isn't because they require significantly more mental resources to both pilot and play against.

And yes, Sol Ring should be banned. It is horseshit.
>>
>>49968324
Personally, I'm excited about making a WB partner deck. Black white tokens, now in EDH!
>>
>>49970072
Zedruu has been around for almost 10 years and is wildly popular among edh players. You didn't know?
>>
>>49970134
Gays are the natural enemy of Phyrexians anon.

They can't reproduce and create more corruptible beings.
>>
>>49970139
Casualness is an attitude. So long as all players agree to a power level before hand, they can be casual as they want.
>>
>>49970085
>>49970109

>checks gatherer
Well shit, I was on a hiatus when the first commander product hit so I guess that makes me the fool.
>>
>>49970139
The problem is that "casual" doesn't have a set definition. To some people, it means what it means to you- having fun at the expense of optimum play. To some it means forcing a restriction onto themselves, and then building the best deck they can within those bounds. To some it just means "Build whatever". To some it means "not competitive" in the sense that there's no prize, but they still want to build the best version of whatever deck they're gonna build
>>
File: 7e5.jpg (65KB, 680x498px) Image search: [Google]
7e5.jpg
65KB, 680x498px
>>49970086
>You can triple cascade Wanderer
>You can cast a shitty overpriced spell like turn-switcher and get a free board wipe to fuck with them
>You can fucking combo multiple cascades and get extra turns, only to fork the extra turn and do it again
>>
>>49969962
White doesn't feel love, they feel compassion. And blue doesn't feel anything, that's why nobody can love them back.
>>
>>49970131
I know why he isn't black. My post didn't imply that I didn't. I was just saying that it could have been black but didn't have to be.
>>
>>49970076
Ramp is boring. And by the way, that's exactly what people are saying when they say Red doesn't have enough tools. They find the good strategies in red, of which there are quite a few, not fun.
>>
>>49970191
Blue feels but Blue puts rational thought above feelings. Blue tends to live out their emotions in the mind and not act out on them.
>>
>>49970168
No worries, I can't imagine one person knowing every single card.

Plenty can slip pass
>>
>>49970086
Neat. I like that it's post combat that allows him to go nuts.

Just gotta wait to see if it's real or not tomorrow.
>>
>>49970191
ebin simbly ebin
all colors feel emotions, red is the color whose actions are dictated by them.
>>
>>49970201
>Ramp is boring
I can absolutely respect that opinion.

But you cannot go around using a fucking shotgun as a club and then complain that shotguns are bad at killing things more than 4 feet away simply because you refuse to use it correctly.
>>
File: original.jpg (27KB, 510x275px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
27KB, 510x275px
>>49968946
>>49968983
>>49968986
>>49969107

Dillon & Dutch are mistaken to be gay, in reality they just REALLY admire each others muscles, and are REALLY close friends. I'm sure they double team women all the time.

The lore will tell you otherwise, but come on. Haven't you seen predator?
>>
>>49970222
>I can't imagine one person knowing every single card
Have you never met gA?
>>
File: meme frog.png (83KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
meme frog.png
83KB, 480x360px
>>49968946
>going to make an infect deck with these guys
>tell other players im going to poz their neg holes if they don't respect me
>>
>>49970201
>Ramp is boring.
No it's not. Throwing down tons of lands is great. There's no real "boring" strategy in EDH, except for RW's attack each turn and hope for the best.
>>
>>49970183
I was more excited to sol ring into a lotus petal. But I seriously doubt it's the final text.
>>
>>49970112

1v1 vs phage in the command zone nobody is going to cast the little faerie

Phage torpor deck shitposting became so common that people forget she's better and more reasonable to include in the 99
>>
>>49970246
Pretty flavorful anon, would the Fuck of Death be the first poison counter or them dying to it?
>>
>>49970283
Obviously the first poison counter, HIV doesn't kill you right away. It takes time.
>>
>>49970271
Which is why she wouldn't be your commander.
>>
I want to make an enchantment deck but don't want to play white. What do?
>>
File: the closet.jpg (163KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
the closet.jpg
163KB, 480x680px
The gay greeks are pretty cool
>>
>>49970316
Hang yourself.
>>
>>49970316
That'll be a little rough, because most of the enchantment support is -in- white. There's a couple good enchantment support cards in green, but you're really kneecapping yourself with no white.
>>
>>49970316
Settle for green?
>>
>>49970316
Green's your other option
>>
>>49970122
I agree, by the way. I am the guy who originally posted he doesn't really feel red. They've stretched the color pie for shit stupider than this for sure. Blue gets discard if they control a zombie, even if the zombie is monoblue, for example.

I'm just saying it is a stretch, not that it shouldn't have been created.
>>
>>49970159
>almost 10 years
First Commander product dropped in 2011, my man.

>>49970072
Does this mean all the OGs from the first release are getting reprinted? Oh baby. Daddy needs some Animar
>>
>>49970364
>2011 was 10 years ago
Where has time gone?
>>
>>49970327
Now I wish they had ane etb trigger so they could come out of the closet every turn. It'd be more subtle than making the gays the happy fun time friendly group hug deck anyway.
>>
>>49970316
>"I want to play lands but I don't want to play green"
>"I want to play zombies but I don't want to play black"
>"I want to play burn but I don't want to play red"
>"I want to play permission control but I don't want to play blue."
This is what you sound like.
>>
>>49970232
>Belong on /fit/
>Not gay
/fit/ is the blue board version of /hm/
>>
>>49970159
>Almost 10 years
Didn't realize 5 is "almost 10".
>>
>>49970246
I approve

>i am bi btw, deal with it
>>
>>49970246
>Can't use the black infect stuff
If you do build it, I want to see it work, even once.
>>
>>49970072
I mean it's a reprint, so...

Did you not know that?
>>
>>49970379
You can play lands in every deck.
>>
>>49970398
I visited /fit/ for only a week and I could already feeling the gay build up in me.
Men are just so much better looking and in shape then women.
>>
File: Can you imagine.jpg (253KB, 850x946px) Image search: [Google]
Can you imagine.jpg
253KB, 850x946px
I want these two to swap races
Nothing else changes, just make the guy "BW" and the gal "WB"
>>
>>49969404
It has? On what? The GW dragon from Dragons?
>>
>>49970443
In retrospect, I should have said Elves, but I was referring to a deck that cares about how many lands you have out. Maro cards, Locus of Rage, etc.
>>
File: Image-116.png (129KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image-116.png
129KB, 223x311px
>>49970418
Preists of Norn with pic related seems Ok
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-26-12-12-39.png (712KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-26-12-12-39.png
712KB, 720x1280px
>>49969934
Do you like acting like a retard or are you a retard? The article discussing the story behind the articles state that HIS lover is a she.
>>
File: 44.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
44.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
>>49970447
Is pic related or Blood Reckoning, which does the same but doesn't make you monarch, worth it in Atraxa superfriends?
>>
>>49970095
Speak for yourself. Love the 20 life. 20 LIFE FOR LIFE!
>>
File: 1470079079094.jpg (41KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1470079079094.jpg
41KB, 550x512px
>Check spoilers
>Blue getting all counter doubling manta fish
>Blue gets neat faerie artificers that create temporary artifact clones threats (which is absolutely not Red or Izzet even, just blue)
>Red gets the Ox that does actually nothing
>All Red commanders with Partner are hot garbage

MMMMMAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Can't wait for it to get hosed in whatever Confluence/Command cycle they go with as well.
>>
File: sunsorch.png (121KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
sunsorch.png
121KB, 223x311px
>>49970500
On the white dragon from Tarkir
>>
>>49970078
Mark "It's okay when Blue does it" Rosewater
>>
>>49970538
Wait, what?
It's 20 life now?
>>
>>49970095
>>49970538
>>49970582
When'd they change that?

Not like my playgroup's gonna go by the rule anyway.
>>
>>49970558
>>49969395
>For one more mana but one less color, which makes it easier to cast mind you, it comes with a 4/3 body and gives you a life every time it goes off.
>>
>>49970582
In Duel Commander, yes. They dropped the life total from 30 to 20, so now it's literally one step removed from just being Singleton Vintage.
>>
I'm gonna sac him to Rescue from the Underworld to bring back his beautiful lover, Scarwood Hag.
>>
>>49970557
>>All Red commanders with Partner are hot garbage
gruul one is decent, moreso if you pair with selesnya
>>
>>49970608
forgot to quote
>>49970520
>>
>>49970608
#lookism #ageism
>>
>>49970525
Woops, wasn't supposed to link...
>>
File: feldon.jpg (94KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
feldon.jpg
94KB, 700x500px
>>49969759
If you'd actually read Feldon's story, you'd know his card is based on when he tried to restore his wife through artifice using the form of magic he was already familiar with -- Red magic. When he is unsatisfied with the result (Sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step), he goes on a journey and meets with four mages, one from each color. It's a very good story, but in any case it proves that the pictured card is from when Red magic was used to create a copy of a creature that was dead, which is what the card does, literally and flavorfully. It is, frankly, a masterpiece of Magic design, so you're actually a fucking idiot for trying to claim that it's off color.

>Really, red shouldn't be able to do anything with artifacts but destroy them or sacrifice them for benefits. Red is dumb and definitely, definitely not creative.
Fuck me, I didn't know I was responding to bait
>>
>>49970418
Rafiq is nonblack and EDH's current reigning infect commander. Here's your (you)
>>
>>49970610
As a staunch grumpy asshole about Partner, I will freely admit that those two go well together. Her ability feeds him little dudes to outfit with pseudoflying, and his ability allows her to get in there in the first place, as well as being in good token colors.
>>
>>49970503
I had a Doran infect voltron that one-shoted opponants with slagwurm armor and tainted strike. The priests were in the deck too and they did work for me all the time.
>>
>>49970248
Yeah, no. That's BS. You can say RW isn't strong, but it isn't boring compared to ramp into big shit.
>>
What are some of your favorite exchanges heard in commander games?

my favorite is:

>"I don't understand what that creature does so i'm just going to kill it"
>followed by another person saying
>"typical gruul player"
>>
oh wow
>>
>>49970166
>>49970181
To a degree, but there is certain a general parlance to the word as it applies to pick-up games at a card shop with randoms.
>>
>>49970679
Okay, that's interesting and I did not know that, but what does red really add to that in exchange for losing immediate access to double strike on demand?
>>
>>49970680
I love partner as a concept, but I feel like quite a few of the ones we've seen just plain aren't good, even with pairing with others.

Then there's the fact that orzhov, izzet, (and most likely golgari and simic) get two partners for their pair so they can just do 2 colors instead of 3.

I really liked the meren deck though, so maybe I'll like the golgari deck this time around too.
>>
>>49970702
>combo is not fun in multiplayer because either you win or you lose.
>>
>>49970702
>"Why do you guys always focus me it's getting stupid and unfair" said with a really whiny voice
>"Then stop playing Narset dumbfuck"

He eventually did stop playing Narset, we kinda agreed to totally ignore each other until he was dealt with.
>>
>>49970702
ACTUAL favorite, or "holy shit how stupid are you" favorite?
>>
>>49970723
Fair.

Personally, I categorize it to mean "There's nothing on the line but bragging rights, so I'm more interested in fucking around with an optimized list that's limited by bounds I set on the theme".
>>
>>49969251
Look, I know we all use him as the strawman for everything, but you know that Maro has almost nothing to do with the Commander decks, right? He even said on his tumblr that he wasn't the one doing color pie checks on these.
>>
>>49970702
>I better be gaining some life once I'm done shitting
>>
>>49970739
I'm in the same boat. I like the CONCEPT of partner just fine, but I feel like they intentionally underpowered, overcosted, and bland-ified them to keep from making one of the 105 combinations too strong.

I'm hopeful that they might re-do it in the future with more interesting and synergistic abilities, but as it is most of them are Legends tier (or worse) on their own, and very few of the combinations seem to transcend the sum of their shitty parts.
>>
>>49970825
>the 105 combinations
wut
>>
>>49970656

>>49970656

>>49970656

>>49970656

Migrate
>>
>>49970831
Wizards was choking on their own cock about how the 15 different Partner commanders mean there's a total of 105 different two-Partner combinations.
>>
>>49970825
Yes, because getting two commanders with strong abilities at the same time isn't broken as fuck.
>>
>>49970903
For the fiftieth fucking time, it is not a binary system.

The options are not "Broken" and "unplayable". There's an entire spectrum between them, and I absolutely understand that they have to be careful with Partner because having access to two (not to mention a synergy, rather than just a sum-of-parts power) Commanders could put them past the acceptable power level.

I'm not saying I need both of the Commanders skirting the line of "OP", I'm saying I'd like the two of them combined to arrive somewhere closer to "Pretty good" instead of "Boris Devilboon" power levels.
>>
How would you fix partner? I think scaling would help. For example:
Bruse Tarl, Boorish herder
2RW
Whenever you cast Bruse Tarl from your commander zone, you gain an "insert name here" counter.
Whenever Bruse Tarl enters the battlefield or attacks X target creatures you control gain double strike and lifelink till end of turn, where X is the number of "insert name here" counters you own.
Partner.
3/3
>>
>>49970702
>play GW Hatebears
>facing two UG flashdecks (Prophet was legal)
>other guy plays that fag Bant flash guy
>the two Simic guys start slapping their creatures on the stack
>somehow they bait the Bant guy to get involved
>soon three people are verbally bitchslapping each other for over fifteen minutes
>finally they figure out how to align their dicks properly
>any responses?
>casually play Containment Priest
>two Simic guys ragequit on the spot
>>
>>49971029
i think they just need to gain certain specific abilities when they're both out on the field, kinda like lieutenant
>>
>>49971035
good

simic players deserve death
>>
>>49971044
I dont like that even one increase from commander tax makes most of them unplayable. However, with the counter clause, you get counters playing both commanders, making then both scale.
>>
>>49969756
Jesus fuck, I didn't realize how much I wanted that until now
>>
>>49970739
I LOVE partner. To me its like the greatest thing ever. But man the actual partners are by and large pretty lame to me. I haven't seen all the new ones today yet but the only ones that stood out as neat to me were Tymna, Kydele, and even though I know it's terrible I still like akiri in concept. I am very interested in building a deck for tymna. Probably WUBG with Kydele or the other UG commander as something like pseudo Edric
>>
>>49971029
>How would you fix partner?
By making them have interesting abilities that work together in fun ways.
>>
>>49971460
I'm not at that level of love, but similar sentiment. I like the -idea- of it, and had it been premiered as the "face" of a Commander product (instead of feeling like a half-assed cop-out of 'nurr designing 4 colors is hard), and had the Partners interacted in interesting ways instead of just being a jumbled mess of bullshit, I would really really like it.
>>
>>49969831
Red is the color of emotions, all emotions. Just because we rarely see anything outside of rage because it's the easiest to design doesn't mean that sorrow, love, joy and all other emotions don't belong in red's piece of the pie.
Thread posts: 410
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.