[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kill 6 Billion Demons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10

File: ksbdcoverchapter1.jpg (430KB, 750x1120px) Image search: [Google]
ksbdcoverchapter1.jpg
430KB, 750x1120px
So, with book 3 just starting, what is /tg/'s opinion on this comic now? How do you like it's progression. How do you like Broken World? If you don't like the game or the comic, how do you feel about the setting

If anyone has a copy of the game .pdf of any buildafter 1.3 I'd appreciate it
>>
File: 1373068794201.gif (2MB, 297x229px) Image search: [Google]
1373068794201.gif
2MB, 297x229px
>>49961884
The author is a bit of an SJW, but he's not an evangelist so that's alright. He browses /tg/, that's good too. The setting follows the rule of cool really well. Apocalypse World doesn't lend itself well to Roleplaying games, so it's a shame he made the system in that, but it was free and easy for him. I'm glad he dedicates so much time to his setting, great webcomic. 10/10.
>>
I finally caught up today(which I guess means from here on out i'll be faced with agonizing waits and cliffhangers)

so far my opinion is: it's the exalted comic I always wanted, it drags a bit in the beginning and could do a better job of introducing the honestly fantastic lore it has, but other than that I like it so far.

Also seconded on the rpg request, even if I have trouble imagining how you would even set up a game of broken world? Just act like Alison doesn't exist? Replace them with whoever decides to play the fated? Set it in the future/past?

As a final note: METATRON LIVES
>>
>>49961884
It's great. I almost had a game to play a while back, but it fell through do to obligations and now I'm stuck with a character I really want to play but no one to do it with.

Also, does anyone know where to buy the physical copies of the comic in Canada?
>>
I dig it and keep with the updates. Big inspiration for a campaign I want to run, except it's more Spelljammer/Star Wars than the comic setting.
>>
>>49961884
It's a good comic. Quite dedicated worldbuilding and for me it have more tianxia vibes than anything. I would love to run in this world, but I torn between running in this setting and homebrew cyberpunk. Kinda tough choices.

And I have a question: does anyone know what exactly tenements of The Old Law is? All I know it's doesn't forbid slave trading and that's all.
>>
>>49962738
Xianxia, not tianxia.
Man, I fucked up this bit.
>>
>>49961884
I feel like the main character has just woken up to being a murderhobo.
>>
File: 1475270946030.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1475270946030.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Have 1.4.

>>49962372
It's only available on amazon as far as I know.

>>49962738
Someone asked him about the Old Law in a /co/ thread and he said we'd only get details through the comic until it's done and then we'd get the rest in the RPG.
>>
>>49962348
Set it in the near past seems to be the way to go. Avoid hitting any major non-Demiurge non-Thorns figures so you don't clash with the existing setting. Additional conversation point: Favorite Demiurge? Favorite angel?
>>
>>49962933
You are my hero.
>>
>>49962738
I haven't read the lore index from the latest build of the RPG, which I imagine would mention this, but I assumed it was the reason that the red city was vacated of humans for a time.

I've run one-shot of it before!

>>49962348
To answer your question about how you set up a game, think of it as being like... the dudes in the tavern brawl. Some of them probably know each other! What do you think they were up to before they ended up in Hell 71 that fateful day? Or what was the crew of the ship Allison is on right now doing before they came to pick her up?

Throne is a Mos Eisley full of hideous transcendental badasses, and so most stories that it is amenable to are some sort of fusion of a dragon ball Z plotline and a gang warfare story.

My particular plot for a oneshot involved the PCs being the strongest locals in an 'apartment complex' equivalent within an area of Throne run by the Sweetbaker's Guild. The Pipemakers Guild started encroaching on territory significantly and eventually annexed the building (A megastructure sized dead god), which ultimately turned out to be because they were under pressure from Lord Incubus' court to find some chick who managed to get through the portal to Throne from a world that was actively being invaded, and in her possession, a weapon that disrupts technology powered or operated by bound Devils. She'd gone intending to try and destroy the facilities manufacturing the Attack Angels on the assumption that that was how it worked, only to find herself in Throne. This in turn set a lot of other factions in motion because at that point the tactical use of something that could fuck with attack angels or almost any technology of signficance in throne was vastly more important than some shitty world not submitting to the rule of someone or other.
>>
File: WON10r.jpg (812KB, 850x1100px) Image search: [Google]
WON10r.jpg
812KB, 850x1100px
>>49962938
So far i'd say besides Mottom and Jagganoth we don't really have enough info to pick a favorite demiurge- though I will say I like Solomon's design.

Favorite angel is easy though- 6 Juggernaut Star I mean just look at the guy and that skelecycle!
>>
>>49962933
any idea what the difference from 1.3 is?
>>
>>49962995
We know a little about Incubus, too.
And I really like Gog-agog's whole eldritch horror thing they've got goin on.
>>
>>49963016
It was a couple of minor class balance things I think, mostly involving the boss and the fated.
>>
File: 1463868074853.png (869KB, 950x698px) Image search: [Google]
1463868074853.png
869KB, 950x698px
>>49962995
Juggs is a fucking masterpiece and Abby needs to give the dude more spotlight.
>>
File: ae6.png (52KB, 346x360px) Image search: [Google]
ae6.png
52KB, 346x360px
>>49961884
>Apocalypse World doesn't lend itself well to Roleplaying games
>>
>>49963173
Sorry, this was for >>49962345
>>
File: 1471403631715.jpg (234KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1471403631715.jpg
234KB, 1024x1448px
I need art/ideas for the appearance of angels. Can anyone help?

Have some music that I feel kinda fits the story of the comic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuf9d4Qdz7g
>>
>>49962345
Want to try a game of KSBD based on EPICS system. You literally get plot armor there.
>>
File: 1468289163314.jpg (60KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468289163314.jpg
60KB, 533x800px
>>49963412
>>
>>49961884
Please fuck off, shill.

The comic is not that good, and certainly not good enough to just make an off-topic thread about it. If you wanted to make a thread about the RPG, that's one thing, but you've been told in the past to stop spamming and shilling here, and it seems you haven't learned your lesson.
>>
>>49962995
>7 Juggernaut Star
ftfy
>>
My opinion is the same as it was a few months back.

This is /tg/, not /co/. This is also not your personal site for advertising, and it's absolutely disgusting for you to be so arrogant as to think it is.

The comic is filled with weaknesses. The art gets tiresome with its half-finished look, and the artist is particularly awful at drawing faces. It's hard to read because the focal point of your attention tends to fall on one ugly and unlikable face to the next.

Speaking of unlikable, I think I hate all the characters. Allison in particular is a mess that started out awkward, and turned into a cringe-inducing tryhard that made me give up on the comic.

I think what made me really start to hate her was the dialogue, easily the weakest part of the comic. Characters talk like people you'd meet at a Vampire LARP, except for Allison who talks like someone who's never spoken to a girl might imagine one to sound like.

I'm not saying it doesn't have strengths as a comic, but when the plot is a slow checklist of cliches and the setting is a clashing collection of derrivarive ideas, it almost seems more like the unfiltered collected ideas of a hundred amateurs rather than the work of someone with the ability to create a refined and impressionable world.

It's like mixing too many colors inexpertly, and ending up with a dull, grayish-brown, and with the "good" parts of this series making me feel like that, and the weaknesses making me feel worse, I really have to say that you're better off starting these threads hoping to discuss the RPG, because at least that takes some time before you are hit with all the issues it has.

Outside of the cover being nine ugly faces. Has no one told the artist he draws really bad faces?
>>
>>49965142
>This is /tg/, not /co/
This times one gorillion.
>>
>>49964925
>>49965142
Here's your (You).
>>
>>49964925
Hey there, ShillAnon, how's your new job as Grand Headmaster of Faggotry treating you?
>>
What in the actual fuck makes a comic book not based on a /tg/ property "/tg/"?

I dun ged it.
>>
File: Evil Laughter.jpg (60KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
Evil Laughter.jpg
60KB, 500x330px
>>49965085
Hue
>>
>>49965613
>>49965668
Fuck off, shill.
>>
>>49965690
It has a tabletop RPG, you cock goblin.
>>
>>49965718
no u
>>
>>49965613
>Criticism? In MY circlejerk?
>>
>>49965613
He's got some legit criticism though.
>>
>>49965797
>ciclejerk
A few people said they liked it, hardly sperg or shill name calling worthy
>>
I still don't get the logic behind The Fury. It has the worst Stamina of any class and one of its main moves is "somewhat less likely to die when reaching 0 Wounds," which is going to be happening constantly due to, again, their crappy Stamina. It does get a larger-than-average number of Wounds, but those take so long to recover and are lost so easily that it doesn't really matter.

It's not like this is some accident either; Abby must have set the classes Stamina so low on purpose, so is there something I'm missing? Are their some Advanced Moves (maybe Coat of Scars?) that makes the class work better?
>>
>>49965142
You've got to be pretty invested in disliking it to type that much about something you don't enjoy, especially if you're not getting paid for it.
>>
>>49965820
>FUCK OFF, SHILL! REEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>Legitimate criticism
Kek.
>>
>>49965843
You might be new or simply unaware, but a few months back a legitimate shill would routinely and unapologetically make threads just to talk about the comic here. This is very likely the same shill, trying again because they think that somehow /tg/ has changed and is somehow /co/ all of a sudden.

It's very likely the same guy, simply hoping that people have forgotten, or that other people won't join in to ask the obvious question of "Why are you such a blatant fucking shill holy shit."

I think the issue is that the RPG just really isn't anything special, and when he makes threads to actually discuss the RPG, it tends to die rather quickly because even if you're a fan of the comic it takes a bit to be a fan of the game. It's an extremely niche game for an already niche audience, hence why he goes ahead and abandons any pretenses of wanting to discuss the game and instead chooses to try and bump these threads with discussion about the comic, which really should just be done in /co/.
>>
>>49965950
Or its not the same guy and the people yelling shill are simply going off randomly on some anon that just wants to discuss something.
>>
>>49965950
Yeah I'll agree about game (Don't know about other stuff). AW is not a good match for something like KSBD. Too little meat in the system. It's supposed to be about people bullshitting each other about their philosophical stances and using violence as one of the main arguments. AW kind of falls flat for that.
>>
>>49965993
Or it's the same guy.

>So, with book 3 just starting, what is /tg/'s opinion on this comic now?

It's really hard to argue otherwise when this is the opening line.

He might have as well added "Be sure to buy books 1 and 2!"
>>
>>49961884
Great setting, 5/5
Okay art, 3/5
Okay dialogue, 3/5
Cast is flawed, varied, interesting, but is tainted by grrrl power, however isn't preachy about it, 4/5
Fanbase and commentators are utterly cancerous and autistic, but thankfully contain themselves to the comment section, no score because this isn't actually a criticism of the comic itself.
>>
>>49966035
If you subtracted 2 from each of your scores except art, you'd be on point.
>>
>Anon requests the most recent version of the RPG
>REEEEEE SHILL SJW GO BACK 2 /CO/MBLR

Just jump off a bridge already, your mom wants to use the basement for something more constructive than housing your fat ass.
>>
>>49966064
Call it the natural reaction to this opening line, combined with the past history of the shill's antics.

>So, with book 3 just starting, what is /tg/'s opinion on this comic now?
>>
>>49966061
2? Maybe 1 from setting and 1 from cast, but 2 is too harsh. The setting is really good imo, but that just be me being biased since I love hyper mystical alternative mythologies.
>>
>>49965950
Does any of this matter though? Why make all these effort posts instead of just letting the thread die
>>
>>49966072
No, I'm going to call it what it is: faggots looking for something to bitch about because they have nothing better to do. Gas yourself, you fucking waste of space.
>>
>>49966072
>Hey shadowun general, what do you think of the new shadowrun novel?
>REEEEEE CATALYST SHIL GTFO
When a new thing and relevant thing comes out pertaining to anything, people will want to discuss it.
>>
>>49965950
>unapologetically make threads
This is unforgivable. Now we must spam magical realm and lewd threads in retaliation.
>>
>>49966089
I'm willing to subtract only one from the setting on account that it's a webcomic and should be judged by those standards, but two from the dialogue and cast is more than fair. They are distinct weak points, which is a shame, because I do like the art.

Actually, thinking back on the setting, I personally would have to drop it a full two points because it is so far up its own ass that an ouroboros reference is necessary.
>>
>>49966171
Isn't the setting supposed to be needlessly pretentious and absurd? I thought the whole deal with YISUN and their teachings and the psalms is that the universe itself is inherently absurd, and subject to absurd laws because that's how the mad creator deity made it.
>>
>>49966282
>Isn't the setting supposed to be needlessly pretentious and absurd?

Welcome to 3/5.
>>
>>49966300
It must be hard living with a taste so shit.
>>
>>49966328
Stop. Don't fall for it. Enjoy your smug superiority in silence, lest you be dragged down to his level amongst the plebs.
>>
>>49966300
I'm still giving it a 4/5 at the minimum, because the cosmology is pretty fun.
>>
>>49962345
>He browses /tg/, that's good too.
This sounds like something that would immediately invalidate your worth as a human being, to be honest.
>>
>>49966360
It's a love it/hate it kind of thing, where you can either stomach the pretentiousness and get to the cool ideas, or it just gets so obnoxious that you lose interest like listening to someone tell you about a dream they had.

3.5, because while there are lots of little interesting bits, there's also tons of less interesting bits to wade through, and being pretentious on purpose is still just being pretentious.
>>
>>49964925
I've never made a thread about k6bd before. Really I was just hunting for the .pdf. Why don't you go yell at the warcraft thread again?
>>
>>49966033
Dude, OP here, don't buy shit. The quality on the physical copy of book one is garbage, and even in the op im trying to mooch a patreon reward without paying
>>
File: tumblr_n3psp2vPGn1qlxan5o1_500.jpg (92KB, 400x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3psp2vPGn1qlxan5o1_500.jpg
92KB, 400x750px
>Want to destroy cosmopolite panglobalistr society and go back to a traditionalist world.
>Hate on deviant trans-degenerate weak effeminate (((White Chains)))
>Cannot even conceive of a woman having Royalty.
>Want to see leftist artists and artisans die.
>Desire the death of all humanity which is the best way to stop the SJW.
>Antagonised by sassy black woman who has no need fo' no man and dindu nuffin' and knows that she made a mistake in doing so.
>Revel in death, battle, blood, slaughter and wanton destruction, demonstrating perfect warrior ethic.

6 Juggernaut Star Scouring The Universe is the only real hero of the Wheel, the one our own world need. HE would destroy the SJW and make MAGA great again.
>>
All I can really say about the k6bd setting is that it would be fukken amazing for a somewhat refluffed Exalted game.

Not so much for anything else.
>>
>>49962348
You should defenitly always reed the text posted under every page for extra lore.

>METATRON LIVES
*Stomp Stomp*
>>
>>49966446

People in glass houses broseph
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.