[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things that piss you off about 40k (i.e. GW, the fan base, lack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 49

File: images.jpg (26KB, 518x284px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
26KB, 518x284px
Things that piss you off about 40k (i.e. GW, the fan base, lack of quality WH40k films)

I personally hate how the salamanders are universally viewed as negro space marines, rather then space marines who have had their skin turn coal black due to their gene seed mutation.
>>
>>49960334

Its just an old meme (some) know that they are just super fucking burnt
Celestial Lions are the negro marines
>>
I personally hate how the blood angels are universally viewed as vampire space marines, rather then space marines who have had developed literal thirst for blood due to their gene seed mutation.
>>
>>49960334
They were originally painted with brown skin. The super duper cool awesome badass McGrimdark black skin was shitty newfluff.

You are a stupid sperg.

Kill yourself.
>>
I personally hate how the Black Dragons are universally viewed as scalie space marines, rather then space marines who have powers like wolverine from the X-men due to their gene seed mutation.
>>
File: 267811_sm-.jpg (36KB, 600x269px) Image search: [Google]
267811_sm-.jpg
36KB, 600x269px
>>49960334
????
>>
I personally hate how the angels sanguine are universally viewed as vampire space marines with super scary faces that they have to hide under a hood, rather then space marines who have had developed literal thirst for blood due to their gene seed mutation and have super scary faces that they have to hide under a hood.
>>
I personally hate how 40k is viewed as the source of all sci-fi, rather than a cheap melding together of dune and star wars due to GW's complete lack of originality mutation.
>>
>>49960334
I personally hate how the Ultramarines are universally viewed as mary sue space marines, rather then space marines who are the emperors finest due to the codex astartes.
>>
File: brothermichaelclarkeduncan.jpg (43KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
brothermichaelclarkeduncan.jpg
43KB, 480x640px
>>49960334
>I am a plebe with plebe taste
>>
>>49960478
shiiiiiet what's wrong with his face
>>
>>49960496
He's having a heart attack.
>>
File: 64572819458.jpg (952KB, 1280x1856px) Image search: [Google]
64572819458.jpg
952KB, 1280x1856px
>>49960461

We wuz in the jungle en shiet?
>>
>>49960548
Awww yeah nigga. We be servin in dem jungles n shiet
>>
File: 154549451961457.jpg (66KB, 734x530px) Image search: [Google]
154549451961457.jpg
66KB, 734x530px
>>49960588
>>49960548

Now im picturing this entire scene as a commissar is meeting with black catachans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f96p-IhcZhQ
>>
>>49960334

I think what irritates me is that one section of the fanbase with a high tolerance for shit. They'll accept low quality crap just because it's Warhams, and worse, they'll defend it. You see it especially in vidya:

>game previews are released
>fanspergs get hyped
>grogs say "it'll be shit"
>fanspergs huff and tell them to shut up
>full game eventually released
>it's objectively mediocre, at best
>cutscenes are cringy as fuck
>lore ignored everywhere
>fanspergs declare it 100/10, best game ever
>non-Warhammer fans say that it's a crappy game with a popular IP
>grogs say it doesn't even do Warhams right
>fanspergs spout the usual /v/ retorts
>two years later, the dying playerbase consists of a few dozen remaining fanspergs bitterly hating on cawadoody for being more popular
>>
>>49960545

Next level shitposting.
>>
>>49960334
>When people who've never played the table top or read any of the lore, knowing about it only through video games, call for a warhammer 40k movie

It's just gonna end up as shit, do nothing but hurt GW financially and ruin a lot of the lore for people who actually have a passion for it. Only 12 year old faggots who watch jewtube all day advocate for a 40k movie.
>>
The fact that if and when the Horus Heresy series is adapted in to movie or videogame form it will invariably suck
>>
>>49960545
I actually prefer girl-on-girl. I'm progressive that way.
>>
>>49960770

Thats bullshit, id love to see an Aeon Flux style animated show
>>
>>49960791
At least not all 40k video games suck. Space Marine was pretty good and Deathwing looks alright. Also the failure that is Eternal Crusade could blamed more so on the company and stuff that was going on at the time.
>>
>>49960612
>Now im picturing this entire scene as a commissar is meeting with black catachans

In the Bastion Wars omnibus, there is a story about a group of Cadians getting a new Commissar, and them being extremely mistrustful and unnerved by him. The Commissar assumes it's because he's a Commissar and the unit is relatively veteran and therefore have close bonds, but in reality it's actually because none of the Cadians had ever seen somebody with dark skin before in their lives and found it unsettling.
>>
>
I personally hate how the salamanders are universally viewed as negro space marines, rather then space marines who have had their skin turn coal black due to their gene seed mutation.

Not 40k's fault people are ignorant. Even the latest BL novels describe Salamanders with glowing red eyes and jetblack skin.
>>
>>49960654
you can say Eternal Crusade, anon.
>>
People who care about the Imperium and it's fluff at the eclusion of the other factions.
I get that it's GW's cashcow, but it's what some of you only ever talk about.

I've been so overexposed to "was X primarch right?" or "Why is the Emperor the strongest thing in the setting? that I would find a discussion about why Slaanesh is pink more riveting
>>
>>49960992
Lol
This sounds like my commissar in only war.
>>
no girl marines
I get that it's kind of a nitpicky thing, but for me it mostly highlights how GW was so unwilling to pay for a few more sets of molds that they had to make a bullshit reason for there being no female astartes.
>>
File: 646464841845141.jpg (281KB, 500x930px) Image search: [Google]
646464841845141.jpg
281KB, 500x930px
>>49961088

Blame the Horus heresy for this one
>>
>>49960353
>Celestial Lions are the negro marines

Is this a joke about incredibly accurate "Ork" snipers or is it legit?
>>
>>49961781

they do have a heavy African theme to them
>>
>>49961781
ADB made them black in his novel. I don't like the novel much because Grimaldus is real fuckin' whiny for a veteran reclusiarch.
>>
>>49960496
Flamethrowers.
>>
>>49960992
No it was in adb first novel Cadian Blood which was part of the guard series with a focus on one major known regiment at a time
There was also books about tallarns grimlock rifles and a tank crew valhallans vostroyans (drunk Russian scum) etc
>>
>>49961883
ADB made him really whiny in Helsreach too
>BUT CHAPTER MASTER I DUN WANNA GO DOWN THERE
>NO CHAPTER MASTER, I DUN CARE THAT EVERYONE IS WATCHING AND CAN HEAR ME! I DUN WANNA! I DUN WANNA!
>>
Constant retcons. Sometimes it feels like there's more retcons than there is genuinely new fluff. And when BL writes a novel about an established event, it's a given there's going to be retcons in there.

Though on that last one I don't know how much of it is retcons, and how much of it is authors just got giving a shit. The fact that there were Razorbacks in Throneworld, and Centurions in Shadows of Ullanor makes a lie of any notion that BL has fluff fact checkers.
>>
>>49961883
>>49962068

It's not ADB without Space Marine angst and waifus, lad.
>>
>>49960654
what game are you even talking about?

can't be Space Marine because that came out 5 years ago.
>>
>>49960770
I honestly prefer people who don't know shit about the lore than people that do, because "The Lore" is such a hot steaming mess of shit that's been changed over the years.

Anyone who says they are more accurate about "the lore" is just some cunt who has a headcanon stuck on some part of the history that shits on everything that isn't exactly like their preferences.

I remember Hair Squiqs and Rokkas, when Orks were still somehow more space Germans than the joke they are on the tabletop now. Half-Eldar Inquisitors. When people had fun instead of insisting "Muh Grimdark" had to be taken seriously. When videogames had Orks be the badguys, and NOT get upstaged by Chaos/'Nids

Fuck your "lore".
>>
>>49962153
Octavia is a mutant and a heretic.

Your waifu is impure.
>>
>>49962298
>When videogames had Orks be the badguys, and NOT get upstaged by Chaos/'Nids
But if the Orkz aren't getting upstaged by Chaos or Nids at the end, who are they being upstaged by? Necrons?
>>
>>49960334
Largely the sperg fanbase that thinks their emperor is better than everything else.

Also, GW's lore department sucks more than Bethesda's Fallout writers.
>>
>>49962298
I miss the days of beakies going on raids to enslave uppity squats and Guardsmen working together with Apothacaries to save the life of an Astartes.
>>
>>49962314
>who are they being upstaged by?
No one. Final Liberation was fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUxcLvU1UnM
>>
>>49962482
>No one
That just don't make no sense
>>
>>49962503
Honestly, you don't need more than two factions in any given fight. That's why the Imperial Armor books are usually a step above the standard 40k video game story.
>>
>>49962541
This, there are few conflicts more entertaining than straight up 1v1 campaign like Orks vs IG.

There's no need to always hamfist Chaos into an event.
>>
I like most people can't understand why GW overprices there minis as much as they do. Also what the fuck did they do to piss off fantasy flight? RIP conquest
>>
>>49960478
He looks like a Primordial Serpent.
>>
>>49960334
I hate that the only way the GW authors know how to make a faction seem cool, is to have it beat another faction at its own game. Currently, every faction is locked in a state of quantum retardation, where they are simultaneously hyper-competent and hyper-retarded.

Would it really be so fucking bad to highlight every faction's strengths and acknowledge their weaknesses?

Oh, and this fucking trend of making everyone and everything immune to the warp is just complete shit.

I can't even look my Doomrider figure in the eye anymore.
>>
>>49960334
>are universally viewed as negro space marines

They were like 10 years ago. At this point everyone knows they have obsidian black skin with red eyes.
>>
>>49963658
>Oh, and this fucking trend of making everyone and everything immune to the warp is just complete shit.

Nobody is immune to the Warp.
>>
>>49960334
I hate how the HH novels/short stories turned the Alpha Legion from being my favorite Chaos legion into a shitty meme faction.
I want my old 3,5 Ed. fluff back.
>>
>>49963658
>a state of quantum retardation, where they are simultaneously hyper-competent and hyper-retarded.
How long before the who setting suffers a vacuum collapse into common sense?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijFm6DxNVyI
>>
>>49962210

Oh Space Marine counts. It's actually quite fun, but yes, the cutscenes are cringey as hell. Same goes for DoW.

I was thinking more recently about BFG, Man of War and Mordheim. Those Armageddon games too, come to think of it. None of them are terrible as such, just bleh.
>>
>>49962541

I kinda feel that's more because both Orks and Chaos are factions the writers feel they have to include to be properly 40k, what with the Imperium vs Chaos being its whole thing and Orks...well, being Orks. If you have to use both, I guess they feel it makes more sense for Chaos to come second since it's more plausible for them to be sneaky gits and hence only be exposed later, and to also have some big elaborate plot to provide endgame plot. Don't get me wrong I could totally go for a game with Ork-focused endgame, something baller as fuck with, I dunno, a gargant or stompas or something and a properly huge warboss, but I can see why.

Also to be more specific, I can see DoW's faction clusterfucks and chaos in Space Marine being there for multiplayer - lets you be somewhat familiar with more than two faction's shit for DoW, and CSM let SM's multiplayer be of two mostly equivalent sides.
>>
>>49963687

Holy fuck this. Vidya too - the Alpha Legion in DoW are all even more retarded than World Eaters, and in SM that gloating Lord who failed to finish off the Ultrasmurfs multiple times when they were at his mercy still makes me mad.
>>
>>49960545
Oh wait you're just a triggered /pol/faggot
>>
>>49960334
The weird thing is that there is nothing african about the Salamanders.

They're all Greeks for fuck's sake.

THEN HAVE A PROMETHEAN CULT
>>
>>49963554
Sanctus Reach was still fun, even if Chaos Daemons got summoned by accident in the end.
>>
>>49960334
Stupid motherfucker Nocturnians are mostly black, just because you hate black people doesn't change that the Salamanders were black before fuckwits like you got GW to caucasian their features up. Go choke on Ultramarine dick.
>>
>>49963801
>when they were at his mercy
That chaplain was a badass who ate bloodthirsters for breakfast. The forces of chaos were at HIS mercy, not the other way around.
>>
>>49963768
>DoW
>Cringey

You are what's wrong with the world.
>>
Honestly. I fucking despise the player base. I'm am physically fit, clean with good hygiene and not socially retarded.

I have never met people so utterly pathetic and feminine. Sure there are one or two alright people but the rest must get all their information from tumblr. They are pozed gag hits who enjoy their own emasculation. I find it embarrassing to be in their company.
>>
>>49962298

Yet what you do is the same kind of thing, only in reverse. You get angry at people who do the modern 40k with grimdar>>49962298

Yet what you do is the same kind of thing, only in reverse. You get angry at people who do the modern 40k with grimdarkness turned up to eleven, while they have enough of oldfags telling them how oldhammer with it's humour and 80s metal theme was better.

To each his own anon.kness turned up to eleven, while they have enough of oldfags telling them how oldhammer with it's humour and 80s metal theme was better.

To each his own anon.
>>
>>49964370

Jesus I messed up this post so much it hurts.
>>
>>49964203
SPESS MEHREENS LMAO

TAKE AWAY THEIR METAL BAWKSES EBIN MEMES BRO

ONE HUNDRED.... SNRK... BEHNBLAAADES
>>
>>49960370
This. Salamanders as Nigga Marines is much better anyway honestly, there should be at least one major chapter of darkies for variety's sake. Helps separate them from being "Dark Angels, but with lots of flamers".
>>
>>49964420
blood ravens have the better solution

If a marine's black, he's black. There's no "nigga planet" and "nigga chapter". And even before that, thanks to the Melanchromic Organ, literally any space marine can be white or black (raven guard, night lords and salamanders aside).

Also also, most space marines wear helmets anyways, so their ethnicity is completely up to you.
>>
>>49964404
Don't make it look like that dead rotting meme extends to all other DoW games. First Dawn of War cutscenes were so deep that it sends chills down my spine even today, when I rewatch if for , like, the 5th time.

Watch Tarkus betrayal speech from DoWII : Chaos Rising.

>"What power could be worth betraying us all?" >"The power to save you."
>>
>>49964545
>First Dawn of War cutscenes were so deep

You what?
>>
>>49960370
>newfluff
The post your outdated fluff nigger.

>inb4 rogue trader or 1st-2nd editions

If evereything that came after those is new fluff for you i recommend curing your autism through suicide
>>
>>49964573
DEEPEST LORE BRO
>>
>>49964573
>>49964610
Sindri Myr dialogues and monologues? Gabe's reveal about Cyrene? Isador's betrayal? Jeez people, let me "You what" you in return!
>>
>>49964633
i give you the age of the game, nostalgia and what i assume was your age back then.
For an adult, none of these things is "deep".
>>
File: 7378589648_985fe20e6e.jpg (51KB, 358x277px) Image search: [Google]
7378589648_985fe20e6e.jpg
51KB, 358x277px
>>49964454
>Raven Guard gets black dude
>he becomes white
Fuhrer would be proud.
>>
>>49964646
Alright, but still, I don't see how good voice acting and good lines are "cringey". After all Dawn of War 1 was what brought me, and many, many other people into 40k universe and I doubt they'd fall for something that was badly done.

Also, Space Marine's cutscenes were cool for the most part, at times it felt like watching a decent movie. A bit corny at times, yes, but if you don't like a little hint of corny here and there, then why are you even into 40k then?
>>
The fact that tau are the fucking good guys. Sure maaaybe they sterilize some of their ally races but every other faction would treat them far worse.
There's some shit about the tau being mind controlled but honestly who gives a fuck because the end result is favorable for them even as individuals.
On top of that their technology is some of the best and it's constantly advancing, they can out innovate the tyranids, they have the best tactics (the only faction who isn't totally retarded) chaos isnt interested in them, they can't lose in a meaningful way because their Empires is too small.
Worst of all they attract the weeb audience.

It kinda shits on the idea that "the imperium is doing horrible things but mostly because it's the only way to survive"
>>
>>49964719
>After all Dawn of War 1 was what brought me, and many, many other people into 40k universe and I doubt they'd fall for something that was badly done.

The game wasn't bad. It was a very good looking and mechanically well done rts. (and still is, even the graphics are somewhat acceptable at this day).

Its just the lore it presented wasn't really good. For you (and all the others), without knowing older 40k texts or games at the point you encountered DoW it looked great and i get that. But thats Nostalgia.

For me, a fan of the Index Astartes article about the Alpha Legion, DoW 1 (and the usage of the AL as generic chaos villians) was a slap in the face. I hated the Singleplayer campaign.

I still liked DoW, but because of the gameplay and its mods/addons. Its being 40k was a nice bonus too, but i didn't think the lore/story the game presented was anything more than mediocre and certainly nothing i didn't already know from novels.
>>
File: chaos is cool.jpg (409KB, 747x1024px) Image search: [Google]
chaos is cool.jpg
409KB, 747x1024px
GW won't fucking advance the plot.

Also the models are too expensive.
>>
>>49962133
This. All of this.

They call it "loose canon". I'd actually respect them a whole lot more if they'd just be honest and say "No, we don't actually give a fuck about consistency, and fuck you for thinking otherwise".

>The fact that there were Razorbacks in Throneworld, and Centurions in Shadows of Ullanor makes a lie of any notion that BL has fluff fact checkers.

It's not just Black Library, either. Even Forgeworld does this. The older fluff made a point of saying that the Leman Russ was developed during the years after the Heresy - and what does Forgeworld do? "Pre-Heresy Leman Russ varieties, wot!"

Though to be fair, they've been doing this since Imperial Armour 1. I'm still bummed about it, though. I was really looking forward to some sweet new pre-Heresy or Heresy-exclusive tank designs.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
>>49960548
>guy in the lower left corner

holy shit , I had no idea Terry Crews was a w40k fan
>>
>>49964271
>pozed

And you're a cult member.
>>
>>49964584
The coal-black thing is a 5th edition retcon. It's not *that* old.

>"i recommend curing your autism"
>not realizing how autistic getting huffy about muh updated fluff is
>>
I can't find the picture, but the reason the Salamanders are black is because of a guy on the US Tournament scene, think his surname was Johnson or something. There was a clipping of him in White Dwarf with his army.
>>
>>49960334
>viewed as negroes
Literally who does this? Everyone knows at least that small part of lore behind them. There exists like 1 piece of artwork where a sally looks like a negro (a scout biker complete with dreadlocks, look it up) but all the other fucking Salamanders look like a caucasians with coal black skins. Where does this negro meme even come from? I think it's a really cool characteristic you know like not being a stupid nigger while still having a natural protection from solar deathrays
>>
File: I smell heresy.gif (3MB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
I smell heresy.gif
3MB, 600x500px
No more variation of IG regementets that you can buy in the store.
No quailty wh40k films.
No IG vidya.
>>
>>49960334
why the fuck would you care about something so meaningless. you people are so fucking sensitive.
>>
>>49965015
Salamander Jenkins is the hero modern 40k needs, but not the hero it deserves.
>>
File: IMG_1346.jpg (54KB, 450x373px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1346.jpg
54KB, 450x373px
>>49965080
>black skin makes you immune to skin cancer and over exposure to cosmic energy
>>
Definitely the fan base. Everything else is minor annoyances
>>
Honestly, I don't know why people get so worked up about Salamanders being black dudes. Marines chapters are stereotypical as fuck, why would it bother you if there was a black Marine chapter?
>>
>>49964823
People who complain out gw not advancing the plot.
It's not meant to be a story, it's a static setting for us to insert our own shit into.
It's the entire fucking point.
>>
File: Deff Skull.png (469KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
Deff Skull.png
469KB, 1920x1017px
Does anyone else cringe at the word 'waaagh'?

I really love everything else about the ork background. I like their jagged aesthetic, their comedy elements, their brutal sadism, the clans. I even manage to be OK with calling their leaders 'nobs'.

But I can't get over the waaagh. The fact that it's always spelled the same (or sometimes in ALL CAPS with some extra As, which is even worse). The obvious way that authors are required to put it into books with orks even if it doesn't fit the tone. There's just something about it which really irritates me.
>>
>>49964454
>all white planets are ok
>all black planets would be a bad thing

k
>>
File: latest-3.jpg (175KB, 1024x1117px) Image search: [Google]
latest-3.jpg
175KB, 1024x1117px
>>49960334
That every Space Marine chapter needs their own codex. There's no reason the chapter-specific options can't be rolled into the vanilla Marines codex as special rules if you declare a chapter for your army.

I will admit that I'm a butthurt chaosfag who wants his own codex for at least each god's patron legions. If SM can get their own codexes for being more choppy, Khorne deserves one too.
>>
I hate how Orks and Necrons can be touched by Chaos. Orks should be the kind of guys who always live the orky life no matter what and Necrons are fucking robots Chaos shouldn't be able to do shit to them. This whole Chaos wank since Fantasy is annoying in general it looks like GW is stuck in it's teenage edgy phase at least in 40k the Marine wank kinda balances it out but here comes another problem:

pretty much only Marines and CSM actually matter if the setting lost half of it's xeno races no one would even notice. Also IG should have more comics and books about them.
>>
>>49960334
I hate that we keep getting told that Chaos is the main threat in the codexes, but the fluff makes them look incompetent.

The Necrons and Tyranids have both done in under 100 years more than Chaos has managed in 10,000 years, yet we're supposed to accept them as the main bad guys?
>>
>>49965251
Nah. Best battlecry ever, a lot less cringey compared to a ton of SM battlecries and catchy but repetetive Blood for the Blood God.
>>
>>49965290
>Necrons can be touched by Chaos.
Please don't tell me they actually did this. Necrons are literally the fucking anti-warp. How in the flying fuck does this even work?
>>
>>49960334
>Knight Worlds are only agri-worlds only they have giant robots
>Skitarii and Militarum Tempestus have far less Your Dudes than they used to, with the old Stormtroopers running the gamut from 'slightly bio-augmented operators operating operationally' to 'mind-wiped because the Inquisition needs them to be that way' to 'tip-of-the-spear shock troopers for the Guard' and the old tech-guard strictly being augmented based on the preferences of the Magos they worked for
>Sisters of Battle aren't dependent on subsects within the Imperial faith for patronage - no details on how a new order of Battle Sisters is formed
>No detail on subsects within the Ecclesiarchy or other variants of the Imperial Cult, for more Your Dudes
>Mercenaries (both xenos and human), and free companies aren't a faction
>Little distinction between Tau Empire and Farsight Enclaves mechanically - more unit variety between the two would do it
>The 'codex cycle' ensures Codex Creep will always be a thing
>GW doesn't just digitally release the main rulebook for free, put all money into mini quality, cut prices across the board, and digitally release the codices for a fraction of the cost. Initial buy-in cost goes way down, guaranteeing people will at least be more interested in buying the product, but geedubs insists on not doing that.
>No vanilla non-Chaos separatist factions of note
>Constant retcons
>Little consistency across those retcons, when GW can just impose some general rules that say 'X, Y, and Z happened A, B, and C ways' and have a guy to ensure fluff consistency
>Grey Knights
>Grey Knights
>Grey Knights
>>
>>49965290
There have always been Chaos Orks, though - they're just considered un-orky, so other orks krump 'em.
>>
>>49962311
That's the way I like it
>>
File: You're serious.gif (3MB, 264x240px) Image search: [Google]
You're serious.gif
3MB, 264x240px
>>49964719
>Dawn of War
>good voice acting

>Space Marine
>at times it felt like watching a decent movie
>>
>>49964454
Night Lords don't have a busted melanchromic organ, they just recruited almost exclusively from Nostramo, a world with ultra pale people with dark eyes
>>
>>49964930
I would love a 40k movie starring Terry Crews
>>
>>49965676
>PUHPUHPUHPUHPUHPUH POWER
>armor
>>
>>49960334
General GW strategy. Starting from licencing shitty overpriced mobile games to Ultramarines the fucking movie. I also feel severe butthurt from DoW3. Was really hyped with trailer, but game itself...
>>
People caring about lore was a mistake
>>
>>49965347
>No vanilla non-Chaos separatist factions of note
Man, an Age of Apostasy setting would be so cool
>>
>>49965238
Doesn't mean they can't write new fucking lore.
>>
File: Commissar Crews.png (301KB, 560x415px) Image search: [Google]
Commissar Crews.png
301KB, 560x415px
>>49965761
>>
>>49960334
...I liked the old Noise Marines with Guitars better, and wish they still had them.
>>
>>49960334
Over-focus on Spess Mahreens, not enough games featuring the giant, epic battles (I don't care about Capn Tidus or Space Hulks, I'd give anything to shoot Deathstrike missiles at a Titan though)
>>
>>49965330
>Best battlecry ever

The Hanged would disagree.
>>
File: Exactly how Herbert imagined it.jpg (13KB, 236x333px) Image search: [Google]
Exactly how Herbert imagined it.jpg
13KB, 236x333px
>>49960334
Oh boy, it's going to be long list

Speaking of negro- there are no inuit or slav marines
Also some things: how Dangels are viewed as the guys who kill their allies and opponents both

How BT are propably going to be viewed as the edgy chapter thanks to the PURGING WITH MY KIN meme

How GK are being fucked by fluff (5th ed ruined them for generations to come, it's too late to retcon now), fanbase (mostly how OP they were in said 5th ed) and now even in rules (sure,they are not bad. If you spam babycarriers and loads of psykers. Few actual knigts in the list)

How fucking retarded Horus Heresy series is. Seriously why the fuck is everyone perpetual? And why is Emperor stealing power from the Chaos Gods,

AND WHY THE FUCK ALIENS WANTED MARTIN LUTHER KIND ASSASINATED

GW writers in general. If they want inteligent characters and coherent plot, they should have inteligent writers.
Otherwise we have Eldrad making the best Eldar genocide since Slannesh

Age of Sigmar
>>
>>49965270
>what is Khorne deamonkin
>>
>>49965347
>>Knight Worlds are only agri-worlds only they have giant robots
I really hate this one.
>>
>>49966100
>AND WHY THE FUCK ALIENS WANTED MARTIN LUTHER KIND ASSASINATED
OK I must have missed a step. When did *this* happen?
>>
>>49964974
No its codex Armageddon fluff
>>
>>49966100
Kharn is a Slav if that counts.
>>
>>49966100
>>
>>49960770
It could be done, but only from the perspective of the imperial gaurd. Imagine a solo story of a squad trying to survive, forming a strong bond, hinting at the extra lore without being too in your face.
>>
>>49966250
>>49966180

Trust me boys.

You dont want to know this one

and holy shit the image was already posted

>>49961284
>>
>>49966180
>>49966250

Not only did an Eldar an Damon Pryaxis kill "A good man in Memphis" but apparently Pllius Pius drove a tank in the Iraqi war.

on Sadams side
>>
>>49966411

No your obviously trolling right?

There is no fucking way that could have been added into the fucking books. That is beyond retarded why the fuck would MLK or the Iraq war even have an effect on the horus heresy

Seriously ever since GW expanded on 30k its just been a fucking train wreck why couldnt we just have the great crusade horus goes bitchy kills the emperor and bam we 40k now.
>>
On some level I don't understand I don't like that everything has to be explained, I guess it leaves little to the imagination
>>
>>49966489

but that leads to even more problems than one

IE Are kreigers clones?
>>
>>49965178
Dark pigment skin does stop skin cancer tho. It's a fact. Cosmic energy is just radiation, which is what causes skin cancer.
>>
File: what.png (286KB, 700x501px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
286KB, 700x501px
>>49966411
>>49966425
what
>>
>>49964404

All 3 of those lines were from Soul Storm
>>
File: joe jenkins.jpg (153KB, 855x911px) Image search: [Google]
joe jenkins.jpg
153KB, 855x911px
>>49965015
>>49965102

Found it. Do you think made this exact thread two years ago as well?

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/36728384
>>
>>49966503
Honestly that doesn't bother me, I like the Kriegers and all, but it's not a mystery I really want solved rather than leave up to the GM or players depending on their take on the universe as I only play the pnp games.
>>
>>49966100

Yeah, I had every Horus Heresy book up to about Betrayer in first edition, where I got so far behind that I couldn't be bothered any more.

They weren't too bad at first, but now it seems like they've just ripped up the script. All this Perpetuals, Imperium Secundus kind of shit, not to mention the never-ending spinoffs, audiobooks, event-only shit and whatever. Shame, I remember the initial excitement about a decade ago, when pre-heresy armies were a rare and impressive effort.
>>
>>49961284
>Blame the Horus heresy for this one

The Horus Heresy only exists as it is now because the Imperium was and still is the most popular part of the setting by far
>>
>>49964120
>Salamanders were black

Nope. In codex Arageddon the majority of helmet-less Salamanders shown were actually white.
>>
>>49966506
It doesn't make you fucking immune to skin cancer you fucking tard. Expose a black guy to UV radiation and he's gonna end up like his white contemporary.
>>
>>49966636

Not him, it certainly doesn't make you immune, however the increased melanin in black skin does reduce UV absorption and decrease the risk of skin cancer.
>>
File: 1348690851882.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1348690851882.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>49966100

I have seen people on /tg/ unironically defend this.
>>
>>49966455
>That is beyond retarded why the fuck would MLK or the Iraq war even have an effect on the horus heresy

It has no effect. Its just in the books to give those retarded perpetuals a bit more fluff.
All of their background stories are irrelevant, the only thing that matters is that they get reborn. (Its still utterly garbage and shouldn't be in the books)
>>
>>49966851
what
>>
>>49966625
A few of them were black though in that codex i think.

Other marine chapters were 100% white so people assumed Salamanders were the Nigger chapter, which is retarded but yeah.
>>
>>49966411
So that's what pic related means >>49961284
>>
>>49966945
Last time it came up (last time to my memory, I was recently in Europe for a while and that kept me too busy to browse /tg/). Anons, (I'm pretty sure Carnac was among them), defended the fluff decision to have an Alien Cabal send an immortal assassin named Damon who act like Jason Borne to kill MLK Jr.
>>
>>49960334
Why do babydick white boys get so upset about the existence of black characters in RPG settings
>>
>>49967016
As a black guy, stop being so fucking racist and pretending to be me you faggot.
>>
>>49966522
Aw. That's nice.
>>
>>49967001
What is the name of the novel (or short story) i have to avoid?
>>
>>49967016
Because its irrelevant if a marine is black or not

A whole chapter of black only marines is just retarded.
>>
>>49967054
Unremembered Empire.
>>
File: Vulkan_sketch.jpg (846KB, 1106x980px) Image search: [Google]
Vulkan_sketch.jpg
846KB, 1106x980px
>Salamanders are white
555-Come-On-Now
>>
>>49967078
But a whole chapter of white or asian marines is not right?
>>
>>49967122
What chapter is 100% white?

The White Scars are equally retarded if you ask me.
>>
>>49967144

Raven Guard

Blood Angels
>>
>>49967120
It's like you don't know that skull shape is related to race
>>
>>49967174
Monochromatic because emogenes

Spaniard and Italian, thus brown and white by default
>>
>>49967144
Ultramarines
Blood Angels
Space Wolves
Raven Guard
Dark Angels

>>49967120
That picture has literally 0 african features
>>
>>49967288
Besides the Raven Guard with their genes, does any fluff text say that the others are 100% white though?

Is it stated somewhere that there are no "africans" in the Ultramar sector for example?
>>
>>49960334
>>49960414
I personally hate how the <Space Wolf> are universally viewed as <Wolfy Yiff> space marines, rather then space marines who have had their <ALCOHOL ADDICTION and BRO-NESS> turn <OVER 9000> due to their gene seed mutation..
>>
>>49966522
Damn

Why isn't Vulkan's second name Jenkins?
>>
>>49967268
>Italian
>White
>>
>>49967336

ultramarines had a space marine fleet master be black.

probally space wolves?

I dunno this seems like a retarded issue to care about
>>
>>49967378
>I dunno this seems like a retarded issue to care about
This. Literally nothing stops you from painting an Ultramarine or Dark Angel black or brown.

The only chapter it might not happen for is the Blood Angels, because IIRC their gene-seed actually makes them look more like Sanguinus.
>>
>>49967336
No. There are negroes in the 40k universe, as seen in the Catachans. There aren't many depicted because GW is a UK company, and negro overexposure is new there, and mainly a BBC thing.
>>
>>49967413
>a BBC thing.

A big black cock thing?
>>
>>49967363
>I personally hate how the <Space Wolf> are universally viewed as <Wolfy Yiff> space marines
Get off the sleigh, stop riding wolves, and stop acting like them and then we'll talk
>>
Why is /tg/ so racist? Still in your edgy teenage phase when you think saying ''nigger'' would make people tremble in shock of how politically incorrect you are?
>>
>>49967436
British Broadcasting Corporation. More or less the same thing.

tl;dr there aren't many negroes in 40k because it is a British game. Having them or not having them in your army is both in line with fluff.
>>
>>49967477

A nigger is an ignorant person of any race

A nigga is a brother or friend
>>
File: Logan-Grimnar-Mounted-II.jpg (102KB, 960x533px) Image search: [Google]
Logan-Grimnar-Mounted-II.jpg
102KB, 960x533px
>>49967438
This.
They are not universally viewed as such, they are Wolfy Yiff marines at this points and i hate GW for it.

Literally nothing excuses pic related! Nothing!
>>
>>49967477
No, its just a word for black person/person of african origin. In fact, i don't say nigger in rl, because in Germany we say "Neger" and nigger is just the english translation of this word.
>>
>>49967363
GW have turned Space Wolves into derpy otherkin though. That's not how people view them, it's what GW has done to them.
>>
Remember when they "advanced the story" in WHFB? That ended so well. The idea is so dumb. You don't "advance the story" in a WW2 game, because then its a cold war game.

They gave you fags 30k so you have an alternate 40k scenario.
>>
>>49967555
This. 40k isn't a story, it's a setting to give you reasons to pit your dudes against your friend's dudes. The story doesn't need advancing - it's all a backdrop to justify what you're doing on the table.
>>
>>49967483
Irish have been in Britland since forever. 40k clearly *isn't* a British game because there are no Irish.
>>
>>49967639
In an old WD, they mentioned that Orcs are vaguely based on Celts. So in a sense, yeah they are.
>>
File: 8777f072cb9bd1d0159a05c23036268c.jpg (765KB, 877x1270px) Image search: [Google]
8777f072cb9bd1d0159a05c23036268c.jpg
765KB, 877x1270px
>>49967639
Ye fokin wut m8?
>>
File: 3nN0OOc.jpg (7KB, 221x160px) Image search: [Google]
3nN0OOc.jpg
7KB, 221x160px
>mfw all these faggots don't realise that marines change bone structure and appearance to varying extents to be like their primarch's.
>mfw people think that in thirty nine thousand years across millions of biomes humans would even have vaguely the same ethnicities
>mfw people think race in 40k is even slightly worth discussing when their guardsmen can be as black or yellow as they fucking want and literally nobody in meatspace cares.
>>
>>49967613
I get what you are saying, but the quality of a setting also come from its consistency, and when you keep piling new shit upon new shit, retconning every thing everytime, the coherence just go away, and it just starts to look bloated. I'm not saying it needs to go forward, just that it needs to expand somehow (I like the Horus Heresy for that, and I think there are more things they can develop than 40k)
>>
>>49967677

the horus heresy fucks alot of things already
>>
>>49967639
>>49967661
The Eldar are very fucking heavily influenced by celts. Do you even 40k?
>>
>>49967677
Asking for more/different fluff is a different thing though. One anyone can get behind. As a wargame designed around selling spes marin to 13 year olds, many things get passed over that could be expanded to flesh out the universe.
>>
>>49967639
You think that an english company wouldn't jump at any opportunity to exclude the drunk terrorists from a setting?
>>
>>49967690
Maybe, but at least it's kinda fresh, I guess you take what you can.
I wish they would try to develop minis around Sebastian Thor and the Apostasy, an Adeptus Terra army of screaming fanatics could be nice
>>
>>49967729
I know, but you can only do so much without repeating yourself, and just becoming stale, plus I regret some moves from GW, like the IG becoming fucking bland and the dissappearance of the themed regiments.
>>
>>49967765

GW still sell alot of themed regiments

I mean shit Catachans were more popular than Cadians at one time
>>
>>49967789
>I mean shit Catachans were more popular than Cadians at one time

That was the time when they were the only plastic guard available.
>>
>>49967789
It maybe so but they are pushing them out of the picture
>>
>>49967789
Codex Catachans a best
>>
>>49967054
Horus Heresy
>>
>>49966032
Lore isn't plot.
>>
File: cata-chan.jpg (256KB, 540x1280px) Image search: [Google]
cata-chan.jpg
256KB, 540x1280px
>>49967789

>That time when a single Sly marbo and special Catachan rules fucked everything

Fun times
>>
>>49965260
>don't explicitly mention the races present on every planet
>wow they must all be white stop being so fukkin racist mayn where's muh representation
Hey maybe different areas of the various planets/hives have different ethnicities, instead of being retarded mono-cultures clone stamped out of whatever stereotype you think is most offensive to your retarded nigger sensibilities.

Paint your own dudes whatever skin colour you want, there's nothing fucking stopping you in the lore. All we know is there aren't any negro quarantine planets in 40k because that would be stupid even for 80's GW.

>>49965660
for real? I thought they had the pasty gene as well.

My bad.
>>
It pisses me off that Space Marines exist.
>>
>>49967921
Yeah, the Night Lords geneseed is the purest of all traitor legions and actually purer than a lot of loyalists
>>
File: 1305664565640.jpg (56KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1305664565640.jpg
56KB, 400x600px
>>49967206
Not all black people from Africa have "negroid" skulls. Also go back to the nineteenth century.
>>
>>49967700
I wasn't aware there was a stereotype of Irish being monastic and withdrawn in their lifestyle

Oh what, you mean GW used a couple of names and didn't ACTUALLY base them on Celts/Irish? Color me surprised
>>
>>49968019
Names, looks, symbols etc.
>>
WH 2K
Imperium- Europeans and honoraries
Chaos- Over emotional Liberals
Mech- Globalists
Nids- Islamic hive mind
Orcs- Black and white trash
Necrons- Aristoratic jews and souless minions
Tau- Advanced east Asians
Kroot- Poor asians who eat any thing
Eldar- Alt right, conservarives who escaped liberalism
Dark Eldar- Nu aztecs
>>
>>49960334
I personally hate how the Space Wolfs are universally viewed as furry space marines, rather then space marines who have had furry features due to their gene seed mutation.
>>
File: 7464619181947.jpg (78KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
7464619181947.jpg
78KB, 600x600px
>>49968053
>>
File: index malc.jpg (66KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
index malc.jpg
66KB, 500x493px
>>
>>49960334
I thought it was supposed to be radiation on Nocturne that did that, in which case it's a fair bet that the rest of the population is black too.

>inb4 radiation kills

It's just a planet with a high average UV at the surface.
>>
File: images emp2.jpg (68KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
images emp2.jpg
68KB, 500x493px
>>
>>49968038
>looks
Hair Metal and "80s"
Keep trying though
>>
File: 33461224346.jpg (43KB, 600x363px) Image search: [Google]
33461224346.jpg
43KB, 600x363px
>>49968141
>he only knows modern eldar art
>>
File: 4646449154814491.jpg (64KB, 677x960px) Image search: [Google]
4646449154814491.jpg
64KB, 677x960px
>>49968183

Is the hotest new 40k meme the discussion of eldar looks?
>>
>>49968002
>capeoids
>implying Ethiopians aren't caucasoid
>>
>>49968225

Honestly that discussion is way worse than the black salamander thing
>>
File: 40k-rogue-trader-eldar-03.jpg (140KB, 1160x1200px) Image search: [Google]
40k-rogue-trader-eldar-03.jpg
140KB, 1160x1200px
>>49968183
nope, nothing Hair metal or 80's here, not at all...
>>
>>49968053
Cant you motherfuckers keep your politics in your pants?
>>
>>49968272

Its only gonna get worse from here on out.

Hold the line who ever wins we lose.

Both sides be it left or right will have a shitfit
>>
>>49968303
Drives me nuts, they have a whole board dedicated to their discourse, and like mentally ill people, they just cant seem to keep it there.
I dont need to be evangelized about shit, I come to spout retarded memes, not to make an opinion on shit politics. Sorry for the rant.
>>
>>49968272
They are getting all their retarded shitposting done now as they are going to kill themselves when Trump loses.
>>
>>49965676
HERESY BLOCKING POWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!
>>
>>49960545
The cuckoo bird is the bull.
>>
>>49965238
>It's the entire fucking point.
It's not, game without advancing the plot/plots feels stagnant like old and unsupported MMORPG.
And come on look at WHFB, it was dead shit but after End Times it's reborn in something much better.
>>
File: 800px-Text_To_Heresy.png (657KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Text_To_Heresy.png
657KB, 800x450px
>>49967363
>daily reminder that the friendly wolf spirits of Fenris are actually daemons
>>
>>49960548
>>49960612
I never really thought about it, but a whole planet that's basically just Vietnam where the war goes on forever is just about the shittiest fucking place imaginable. Even worse than the deathworlds of krieg.
>>
>>49964750
>It kinda shits on the idea that "the imperium is doing horrible things but mostly because it's the only way to survive"
Your own fault for mistaking headcanon for canon fluff.
>>
>>49964750
>The fact that tau are the fucking good guys.
They aren't the good guys, though.

You could argue they were less orwellian back in 2001 when they had about as much fluff as your dick, but every single release since has painted them in a more sinister light.

People just buy into the in-universe propaganda and wargame identity politics hardcore.
>>
>>49965290
I hate the fact that ork get an almost free pass from chaos, they should be the most corruptible race of all. And no half-assed excuses will change my mind.
>>
How long the HH is and how few books are necessary either for worldbuilding or narrative purposes. We should have finished the series by now, it's insane. And no, I am never going to believe that Iron Hands vs dinosaurs was worthy of a book. Jesus what a joyless grind that was!
>>
>>49965222
because it's not one ? Having a black space marine chapter is fine, but that's not the point. Even at the beginning not all salamanders weren't all black
>>
>>49967639
>Americans in charge of world history.
>>
>>49969732
>>
>>49967789

They were when all the guard regiments were metal, yes. Back then the metal Cadians looked a little derpy and chubby, whilst the metal Catachans were wirey, strong tough badasses.

Then the disaster of the plastic Catchan steroid muscle freaks happened, destroying both the aesthetic and popularity of the old Catachan line. And the Cadian plastics that followed were sleek, professional-looking badasses. Catchan popularity plummeted and hasn't recovered since.
>>
>>49961088
>>49962298
>>49962447
>>49963658
>>49964750
>>49964823
>>49965251
>>49965270
>>49965290
>>49965780
>>49966032
>>49966100
>>49966561
>>49967016
>>49967363
>>49967477
>>49967555
>>49967613
>>49967789
>>49969582
The writing sucks and is inconsistent, the lore fags don't have any concrete foundation, GW are jews who don't give a fuck about anything other than their shekels, most of the playerbase is either cancer or shit or both, and there are too many damn threads on /tg/ about it.
You say the generals are cancer? No, they're the containment. Cancer spreads, and the number of 40k threads is growing.

You are the cancer.
>>
>>49970148
Man, you know you can also Not take everything seriously. I mean I understand that you may found some choices of GW or the community inappropriate, but as far as I see it, it not that outrageous.
>>
>>49970148

I know 40k shit can and will get autistic but there is literally nothing stopping you from making threads to dicuss Infinity or Maulifuax lore

The generals are mostly for table top and the RPG gets some lore discussions
>>
>>49970137
the metal cadians are colonial marines with the serial numbers filed off
the plastic cadians are wearing dumb football pads
>>
Coal black Salamanders is one of the dumbest fluff decisions GW have ever made.
>>
>>49967477
That's the impression that I get. Every time I see someone use the word "cuck" I imagine some desperate 25yo virgin who blames the "ethnics" for fucking all the wholesome white women. So they project onto everyone on /tg/ and anyone who isn't casually racist clearly must just get off on watching interracial gangbangs while getting none themselves.
>>
>>49960478
>brothermichaelclarkeduncan.jpg
:'(
>>
>>49971099
Pretty much
>>
>>49960654
I know it's not 40k, but I liked Warhammer Online...
>>
>>49961781
Ork snoipahs could be a thing though have it set up so their shootahs have 5 or 6 iron sights, and everyone knows that iron sights make your weapon more accurate right? So now the ork hits whatever he points his snoipah at simply beacause he and the other orks believe with that many sights you cant possibly miss
>>
The biggest problems with 40k as I see them are:

They just keep releasing bigger and bigger miniatures and more and more overpowered units to the point where the 1000 member Space Marine chapter seems like a joke that would never make any kind of real impact in the universe.

The hobby aspect of the game is always at odds with the gaming aspect, since the gaming is purely competitive and needs you to powergame, while the miniature building is more about only building what you like for your own enjoyment.

It's expensive and time consuming to the point of just not being practical to play if either money or time are in short supply in your life.
>>
>>49960334
>I think it's the watermelon and fried chicken anon,
>>
>>49960370
They were painted mud-colored because the idiot eavy metal painter misinterpreted "black". Now they are eternally the "Cool, upstanding bro Black guy" marine chapter.
>>
>>49967288
>That picture has literally 0 african features

>black
>Rather flat nose

erm...idk...
>>
>>49960654
DoW3 looks like a total turd

gameplay looked like a cringe anime naruto game
>>
>>49967016

(OP here)
Why do butthurt retards have to make everything a 'racist' opinion?
>>
>>49960654
Casual 40kers who still find Ork memes funny and think Khorne is the best God are the ones who are hard to displease.

The hardcore ones that post here are far more nitpicky.

It's pretty common in any community.
>>
File: 40kTV.jpg (1MB, 994x3404px) Image search: [Google]
40kTV.jpg
1MB, 994x3404px
>>49960791
TAKE THAT BACK
>>
>>49961284
I don't get why this is such a big deal. Why is immortal assassin and butterfly effect so outrageous in this case?
>>
File: (all screaming).jpg (136KB, 1912x796px) Image search: [Google]
(all screaming).jpg
136KB, 1912x796px
>>49976172
>Thor playing Sanguinius
>>
File: 30kworld.png (3MB, 1036x4314px) Image search: [Google]
30kworld.png
3MB, 1036x4314px
>>49968053
More accurate
>>
>>49976222
Who else would you have play a ripped charismatic handsome blonde adonis?
>>
>>49976234
IDK man, I'd just want somebody with a bit more in the acting department.

>>49976226
Please never post this again.
>>
1.) Salamanders aren't black AFRICAN. Their recruits are drawn from Nocturne.

2.) Salamanders are "black" in the most literal sense. Nocturne's inhabitants have developed black skin and red eyes from the radiation atmosphere bullshit conditions. They are not however black in any way natural on earth

3.) Salamanders are not white, though many of the original Terran recruits were. After their got Vulkan's gene-seed, that shit changed
>>
>>49971961
this needs to be a model now
>>
>>49976259
In effect you can't have "black african" Space Marines unless they're Imperial Fists, because nowhere else would that combination exists.

And I'm not sure if getting Rogal Dorn's gene-seed would turn you white.
>>
>>49976172
>Tommy Wiseau isn't The Emperor

Fuck off, lol
>>
File: 1474568617394[1].jpg (13KB, 255x229px) Image search: [Google]
1474568617394[1].jpg
13KB, 255x229px
>>49960612
>it aint me starts playing
>>
>>49976226
Good.

>>49976172
Garbage.
>>
>>49968272
/pol/ is like Walter Sobchack from The Big Lebowski, a big overreacting fuckup and asshole who's lost in the world and can't help but inject the same irrelevant issue into every situation to create some kind of context he can measure it against or understand it through. I spent a few weeks on /pol/ recently and I came to love those guys. Sure they shitpost like crazy, sure they're angry assholes, but they really just don't know how to deal with shit, so they wish for a society that's cut off from anything different or wrong or compromising. I can understand that even if it's fucked up in practice. But mostly I realized how fucking many of them there are, and how comparatively little /pol/ shitposting there is on other boards. They really aren't as prone to /pol/luting other boards as it's easy to believe, because their board is huge and fast and merciless.
>>
>>49976226
Where's Hillary?

Is she Tzeentch?
>>
>>49960334
If you actually care enough to devote mental energies to hating the skin color of a fictitious chapter in a sci Fi game you are the worst sort of person.

Fan base/10
>>
>>49976615
Probably a C'tan god or something
>>
File: SalamandersBikeScoutWoolie.jpg (141KB, 900x851px) Image search: [Google]
SalamandersBikeScoutWoolie.jpg
141KB, 900x851px
>>49960334
What if they are negro space marines AND have the gene-seed bullshit

Also, what about Vulkan, was he black or did GW come up with an excuse to make him white?
>>
>>49976785
Vulkan is Caucasian
>>
Are special rules for salamanders? Or is it a chapter that is unsupported in the game?
>>
File: 63565365365365635.jpg (19KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
63565365365365635.jpg
19KB, 425x282px
>>49976832
Everything I believed is lies
>>
>>49976200
In my PERSONAL OPINION, it's a couple of things:

A. It was a completely unnecessary throw-in that had nothing to do with the setting at large. We had already established multiple times that he'd been active since, what, WWI? WWII? So we knew he's old as shit and had done bad things.

B. It's both hugely significant and not significant at the same time in the grand scheme of things, if that makes sense. In American history, MLK Jr is THE posterboy for the Black Civil Rights movement in the US, and his death was a huge deal when it happened. MLK completely shifted the tone of the Civil Rights movement from Malcolm X and his Black Supremacy (which alienated non-black Americans and many Black Americans, as well as all Christians) to a Christian-based movement of acceptance and peace, using his position as a reverend to reach out to clergymen across the country (who are considered a universally respected profession and staple members of almost all American communities) and bridged gaps between the races on the grounds of Christian brotherhood, which a large segment of Christians more or less accepted (and were far more comfortable with than the Islamic roots of the Black Panthers). Even despite the fact that he cheated on his wife and cheated on his thesis, the OVERWHELMING majority of people in the US agree that he was still a pretty good person who was hugely influential to all Americans both then and now, and anybody who would wish death upon him is justifiably seen as beneath contempt.

HOWEVER

MLK isn't important enough to the world to justify him being remembered over 25K+ years into the future by a professional assassin. Not only remember him, but then never acknowledge him again? He's important enough to remember, but not enough to have any influence on him whatsoever?

TLDR It's a random reference that sticks out, and was probably done by somebody who doesn't understand the significance of MLK.
>>
>>49976832
Fun fact: Saudis and Indians are also Caucasian.

You're going to have to specify whether we're talking bone structure (which is the correct classification) or skin color (which is the incorrect classification).
>>
>>49977076
>A. It was a completely unnecessary throw-in that had nothing to do with the setting at large. We had already established multiple times that he'd been active since, what, WWI? WWII? So we knew he's old as shit and had done bad things.

It establishes Prytanis as an immortal assassin who has influenced human history for a very long time.

>MLK isn't important enough to the world to justify him being remembered over 25K+ years into the future by a professional assassin. Not only remember him, but then never acknowledge him again? He's important enough to remember, but not enough to have any influence on him whatsoever?

Again, it's called the butterfly effect. If crushing a butterfly in the past can alter the course of human history, killing a major political figure in the superpower of his day could cause massive change. Prytanis' missions were given to him by Eldar Farseers and they foresaw that this small change would weaken humanity, because of a series of chain reaction butterfly effects
>>
>>49967670
That's scottish :^)
>>
>>49962482
Yay someone got the reference! It's sad Slitherin made a game that was graphically worse though.

Best goddammit Commissar as well.
>>
>>49964370
Dude. I'm saying people who think they're guardians of the lore are shit.

I mean, old hammer WAS way more awesome, but that's my opinion. The entire setting is based on the idea of "Your Guys".
>>
>>49977103
Caucasian as in stuff like bone and face structure.
>>
>>49976172
Hugo is Lorgar? Idk how to feel about that
>>
>>49964759
> The game wasn't bad. It was a very good looking and mechanically well done rts.

The fuck? It was notorious for being broken for Eldar, and each installment made it worse.

Did you even play the game, or just read 1drchan articles on it?
>>
>>49976172
Why is the Khan an islander?
>>
>>49960334
I like that it's an excuse to pit a bunch of 80s sci fi tropes against each other - you can get any permutation of Terminator vs space locusts vs power armor vs imported robot anime vs demons vs human potential movement stuff (but they're elves?) vs a WW1-era military (er?) vs space orc soccer hooligans (the fuck?). Halfway through the list it starts going off the deep end and that's awesome.

And I hate that instead of reveling in how fun that concept is, the actual focus of the franchise is wanking about all the different kinds of guys in power armor and a whole lot of grade school "the super hero I made up is stronger than the one you made up" shit.
>>
>>49976623

I didn't hate on the skin colour ofbthe Salamanders. I pointed my displeasure at the people who misinterpret them as being "African".
>>
>>49976785

Thats clearly fan art, so it adds no validity to your point. Vulkan is never soon (outside of shitty fan art) as having brown skin, so no there was no need to make Vulkan white, because he was never black. Its makes no sense anyway, the primarchs are made from the DNA of the Emperor, who is also clearly white.
>>
>>49976226
>thinks he alone should rule
I have no idea why americans are so keen on making sure their elected representatives do not use their power to make changes.
>>
>>49978780
Shown*
>>
>>49978780
The Emprah is an Arab.
>>
>>49978780
>who is also clearly white.
The Emperor was born in Anatolia.
>>
>>49978809

Anatolia is closer to Turkey then the middle east. He is european and is clearly white.
>>
File: images-1.jpg (34KB, 257x572px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
34KB, 257x572px
>Implying this is closer to being towards the black/african side of the spectrum then the white/european side
>>
>>49978809
>>49978839
He's not Arab even by today's standards

He's also not Turkish despite how much people want to joke. Turks as an ethnicity and nationality didn't exist in 8,000 B.C..

The Emperor's "ethnicity" would most loosely be classified as ancient anatolian, but in truth he's essentially a caveman. The original fluff probably hints that he was born in the ancient town of ƇatalhƶyĆ¼k or in his earliest years went on to build it.
>>
>>49978870
The Emperor has no real physical form he can make himself appear as anything he desires. He's a mass of psychic energy.

In the old fluff, this came about in puberty and his old form evolved into something new and inhuman circa 2001 Space Odyssey

In the new fluff, it happened after he found the gate on Molech.
>>
>>49966100
>And why is Emperor stealing power from the Chaos Gods

You should remember that this is what they told Horus and not necessarily the true.
>>
>>49979050
It's more or less confirmed from multiple sources many of which have no reason to lie, like alivia sureka who knew the emperor before he was even the emperor.
>>
>>49978784
That's what we built, we're deliberately slow to change.
>>
>>49967413
>>49967483
>>49967639
>Americlaps who know nothing about old Blighty

There's a reason we think Yanks are stupid, and it's people like you.
>>
>>49964646
>For an adult, none of these things is "deep".
It's 40k. Forty. Fucking. K.
>>
>>49967735
>Maybe, but at least it's kinda fresh, I guess you take what you can.

Fresh, like a fresh pile of steaming horseshit.

Go ahead anon, tuck in! It is fresh after all.
>>
>>49978878
>He's also not Turkish despite how much people want to joke. Turks as an ethnicity and nationality didn't exist in 8,000 B.C..

The Turks moved into Asia Minor from the steppes, too. They came after the Emperor.
>>
File: Outlaw Star aishagiggle.jpg (182KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Outlaw Star aishagiggle.jpg
182KB, 640x480px
>>49964545
>First Dawn of War cutscenes were so deep that it sends chills down my spine even today
>>
>>49960422
This, also nice dubs.
>>
chaos demons, just because they don't take the concept as far they could

>Oooh, so these are monsters that bend the fabric of reality and are the physical embodiment of negative emotions, what do they look like...

>Well some of them look like devil dudes with horns and hooves, you know..like Tim Curry from Legend

>uh..okay, what else do you got

>Well, we have the sexy ladies with crab claws, poop monsters, and birdmen.

>oh...okay.
>>
>>49969935
>Not "NAH!".
well this drawfag dropped the ball.
>>
>>49960478
Looks like the villain from Star Trek Beyond
>>
CSM are always portrayed as the biggest horror known to mankind yet they are basically just pissed off marines. Only Crimson Slaughter gives creepy vibes because when they attack spectres start appearing on the planet, people hear voices, sky is red that should be fucking standard for all warbands.
>>
>>49982183
Pissed off spess muhreens are basically one of the biggest horrors imaginable. I don't think anyone but DEldar could be worse. Orks will just kill you, maybe work you to death, Necrons will just disintegrate you, Nids will nom you, Tau will indoctrinate or kill you. CSM or DEldar? They're the only ones who're likely to delight in causing you pain.
>>
>>49976226
>Fatty Trump without any talents, but with daddy's money
>Emperor
No seriously, go away /pol/
>>
>>49982289
Maybe Slaanesh ones because khornates give quick altough painful deaths.
>>
>>49982361
Make sure he holds the door open for you, as well.
>>
>>49960334
Lack of representation for women and minorities.
>>
File: 1470754786875.jpg (328KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1470754786875.jpg
328KB, 1000x1000px
>>49982579
>for women
But we made Sisters of Silence without any sexualization.
>minorities
We are working on it.
>>
>>49982609
>Sisters of Silence
A step in the right direction but we still need female space marines.

>minorities
There is still no representation of LGBT people other than slaaneshi deamons. That is unacceptable.
>>
>>49982663
>female space marines
Stormcasts are full of female warriors.
>There is still no representation of LGBT people other than slaaneshi deamons
Battle Brothers, Imperial Fists love to make tatoo on their asses.
>>
File: I'm not crazy.jpg (534KB, 2640x948px) Image search: [Google]
I'm not crazy.jpg
534KB, 2640x948px
>>49960334

Same reason as always, poor lazy modelling
>>
File: Cancer.jpg (544KB, 1366x1485px) Image search: [Google]
Cancer.jpg
544KB, 1366x1485px
>>49960334

Competitive Assholes

Every time
>>
File: because why control myself.jpg (104KB, 894x538px) Image search: [Google]
because why control myself.jpg
104KB, 894x538px
>>49982758
>>
>>49960413

That first shot is from the Armageddon third edition mini-codex before their fluff was changed. They were usually painted with dark sin rather than jet black.
>>
>>49960517
HeĀ“ ll be fine, he has another.
>>
>>49971961
Flash gits would be a good place to start I'd say.
>>
>>49976362

this heretic here
>>
>>49976172
I remember the thread where we planned this
>>
I hate that humanity is still alive in this shit setting. Just fucking DIE already you cunts.
>>
>>49960429
It isn't the Chapter itself people hate, it is Matt Ward we hate
>>
File: 1477503810367.jpg (64KB, 600x560px) Image search: [Google]
1477503810367.jpg
64KB, 600x560px
>>49968002
>Implying race isn't skin-deep is now considered "19th century" backwards thinking

>The feel when you need to leave this timeline.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.