[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/40krpg/ 40k RPG General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: page_113.png (364KB, 327x502px) Image search: [Google]
page_113.png
364KB, 327x502px
For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame. Not Chapter Master. Or Space Hulk.

Not sure between starting Dark Heresy 1e and 2e? Pick 2e.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things formerly listed individually on this post.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.45.160417), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now containing some of the DH2 content up to the first supplement.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Mars Needs Women! (v1.2.9) (Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qbw0bnnggwfl4mb

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x

The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.4) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vyv56zze9m828d2

Volkite weaponry is in the Burning of Prospero box, and most likely coming to "normal" 40k as a result. We have stats for it - how do you incorporate into your games things once rare until retconned to be common?

Old Thread:
>>49914384
>>
>two threads
>>
>>49956992
This one has the better image desu.
>>
I vote we use this thread because the other OP is retarded.
>>
So I've heard tell that in 40k lore you can sometimes get black market - idk if they'd be "knockoffs" or just half-working variations of - space marine gene-seed. Are these implemented at all, and if now how to go about implementing them? Like if a rich character wanted to invest money in a discount Larraman's Organ.
>>
>>49956919
How do you get stuff added to the mega?

The armoury has been updated to include all products.

There's also a talent/traits index that has every talent on one spreadsheet.
>>
>>49957891
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z
>>
>>49957667
I don't believe they're officially in any game, but they're definitely statted in Deathwatch. All you'd have to work out is an appropriate cost. And I'd make it a mission target, not just an acquisition test.
>>
>>49959164
I was thinking more on the state effects. Like once you get them implanted. How much of an increase would actually gene-seed give to a players stats, and going from that what would be a reasonable stat boost for faux-gene-seed?
>>
File: USELESS.png (64KB, 408x105px) Image search: [Google]
USELESS.png
64KB, 408x105px
>there will never be malal material in BC
>>
theoretically, could Chaos and general warp shit allow a female to be surgically modified and uplifted into a Space Marine, despite that being impossible under most circumstances?
>>
>>49959897
Once Chaos gets involved anything is theoretically possible, however to call what's left on the other side of the process 'female' is more of a problem. It might have female characteristics but at its core it is a freakish biomechanical monstrosity parodying the Emperor's Chosen in form.
>>
>>49956919
Rate my Imperial Guard unit lore, duders.
>>
>>49960030
And a second one that I finished a couple of days ago.
>>
There seem to be two 40krpg threads so I'll ask here as well:

What are some good talents to make a beastly melee character in DH2e? I've got Fellowship, Leadership, Offence, Social, Toughness, Weapon Skill and Willpower. No Finesse or Strength, which both seem important. Bonus points if you can guess my home world, background, role

I'm not too fussed about it. I intend to be a more diplomatic character anyway, but I'd love to be able to get stuck in and keep up with the other acolytes. I'm new to Dark Heresy in general.
>>
>>49960030
Damn Yankees
>>
>>49959999
Tzeentch Quads confirm
>>
>>49960045
Have you considered giving these dudes the polyglot talent instead of one of the things you've copy & pasted? Seems better fitting to the blend in with the crowd and speak people's language thing than the high gothic and whatnot.
>>
>>49960170
Certain things were inspired by the Confederates (the "foot cavalry," bit is actually taken from Stonewall Jackson's boys) but for the most part yeah, you right. Just add more modern unit rosters and stuff like an exceptional amount of heavy weapons and French-styled field pieces (the Pickett is based mostly on the French three-inch field piece with an ability to act like a mortar; or more a mortar that can act like a French three-inch field piece) make it feel a bit more modern. Then there's the combination of desantniki, as that's a really cool tactic that, while in modern warfare would be relegated to a desperation move, is likely used a lot in 40k since there's a lot of line and light infantry.

The cavalry fight in raids like American cavalry, but their equipment is more akin to M-1943 Cossack cavalry units from WW2, as they were themselves so inspired by the American cavalry from the Civil War that they literally incorporated the word "raid," into Russian military jargon after reading about the exploits of men like Stuart and Forrest, and "the screaming eagle," is the Cossack "lava," with a different name.

That ability to make a unit that's a mix of Civil War with slightly modern tendencies and certain things borrowed from other cultures is something about the Guard that I love. They're the thing that got me into 40k.

>>49960348
Not familiar with the talent, but thanks for the suggestion. Might fit what I was looking for. I'll look it up.
>>
>>49960348
Why not get Trade Linguist? Doesn't that allow you to learn other languages? Polyglot only really allows you to speak the language, not read or write it.
>>
>>49960367
OW core, page 150.

>>49960381
>Polyglot only really allows you to speak the language
It doesn't even really let you do that beyond Tarzan tier "Me go, you stay".
>Trade Linguist
Not a bad idea for the anon who made it to consider.
>>
>>49960348
>>49960381
>>49960454
After looking at the two I'm going to change the rule so that it gives them Trade (Linguist) and Linguistics (High Gothic). I'm keeping the latter because they are specifically supposed to be able to infiltrate any kind of infrastructure on an ex-Imperial world, and the leaders of such a world would still be speaking High Gothic. So to them it must be as second nature as Low Gothic, and while I really like Trade (Linguist), I don't think it quite allows for that as well.
>>
are there rules or homebrew for playing as one of the Space Apes in Rogue Trader?
>>
>>49960572
>change the rule so that it gives them Trade (Linguist)
>while I really like Trade (Linguist), I don't think it quite allows for that as well.

what?
>>
>>49959708
Yes, that's what I'm referring to. All that is described.
>>
>>49960840
The "that," in the second bit was in reference to High Gothic being as natural to them as Low Gothic. Literally my only gripe with Trade (Linguist) in the context of this Guard unit.
>>
have any of your BC characters ever reached Apotheosis?

What was it like?
>>
>>49959897
Sure!
Traitor astartes could also get gender swapped, and the magic of daemonic possession could accomplish just about anything.
My personal headcanon is that Fabius Bile has already made female marines possible. I basically assume that the Chaos legions can implant a much wider variety of candidates than the loyalists because they don't care about success rates, mutations, or ensuring that the newborn astartes isn't a slavering maniac. They're also much more free about experimenting with weird cloning shit.
The Imperium on the other hand deliberately tries to keep their process as stable as possible, and intentionally limit the number of Astartes and divide them into Chapters to keep them from taking over the Imperium again.
>>
>>49960825
I think there's one floating around, but in canon, Jokaero aren't really playable. It's questionable whether they're even sapient, despite the gadgeteer genius powers they have. Their desires never seem to rise beyond "Me want banana, me want be free, me want be comfortable, me want sum fuck, ooh neat tech, me fiddle" in any case, and no one can communicate with them.
>>
>>49961294
>or ensuring that the newborn astartes isn't a slavering maniac.
This is my headcanon on how many Word Bearer warbands operate: Mass-harvest or clone geneseed, find a likely group of zealots, implant every semi-viable candidate, indoctrinate whoever survives, give them power armor and boltguns, wham bam, you have the Astartes equivalent of shovelheads: Absolutely retarded killing machines whose tactical acumen never rises above "Whee captoored it for kay-oss", but who knows, maybe some of them will prove themselves through fire and faith and murder.
>>
>>49961756
>Me want banana, me want be free, me want be comfortable, me want sum fuck, ooh neat tech, me fiddle
this is the average rouge trader's thought process in perfect detail, though
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.