[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where is Waffle House Millionaire?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: Old Man Henderson.jpg (155KB, 832x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Old Man Henderson.jpg
155KB, 832x1050px
If you don't know the story of Old Man Henderson, the character who "won" Call of Cthulhu, it's pretty awesome. I stumbled across the story not too long ago, and have been inspired by it to unleash that madness upon a particularly inept and controlling GM on a roleplay forum game series I've frequented over the past year or so. To that end, I'm currently trying to find some way to understand the process by which Old Man Henderson was created. The only way I can think of to do this is to seek out the man behind the madness, the legendary Waffle House Millionaire himself. However, searching through the archives I've found that his most recent thread was in November of 2012. I know that somebody trolled using his name sometime before that (I believe you call such users "namefags") but to my understanding, the issue was resolved. His last recorded activity that I was able to find was his comments on the fourth and final part of A Self Called "Nowhere"'s Director's Cut of the Old Man Henderson story. I'm wondering if he's still active at all anywhere or on the Internet in general. If he is here, and he somehow finds this or I find him, I'd like to ask him how he went about writing over three hundred pages of backstory in two days. I won't ask to see the Backstory of Doom; I know he burned it and I could never hope to match it. What I want is to achieve a similar effect with my own character, who at this point has all of recorded history and plenty of unrecorded history to play with due to dead and recreated universes and metaphysical what-the-fuckery. That was the only way I could even think of to come close to matching the functionality of WHM's evil creation. Despite this, the document I've made to contain this backstory has only reached 12 pages, the first two of which are occupied by his character sheet and "official" abilities and equipment. I've even enlisted the help of friends both irl and online to contribute via an online version. This is why I seek WHM's aid.
>>
File: 1465258761085.jpg (61KB, 530x600px) Image search: [Google]
1465258761085.jpg
61KB, 530x600px
>>49954651
Fresh off the 1d4chan boat I see. Protip; that wiki's woefully out of date.

Old Man Henderson is an ancient meme based on a lie-ridden greentext story. Very little of it was ever likely true, and what was true was almost certainly exaggerrated for effect. And even if it's all true, then it paints a picture of a spineless GM and a disruptive fag of a player.

As for
>have been inspired by it to unleash that madness upon a particularly inept and controlling GM on a roleplay forum game series
>roleplay forum game

It's a play by post. Just unzip your katana and teleport behind someone. Basically the same thing as what Henderson did.

Also learn to break up your paragraphs goddamn.
>>
>Inb4 Henderson isn't real because all GMs are like me and wouldn't let happen, because different people couldn't possibly make different decisions when presented with different parameters.
>>
>>49954704
Fuck too late
>>
>>49954696
>based on a lie-ridden greentext story. Very little of it was ever likely true, and what was true was almost certainly exaggerrated for effect.

But that's every single greentext story ever posted here
>>
>>49954651
Fuck off back to TV Tropes or wherever you spawned
>>
>>49954651
Waffle House Millionaire's stories were always intended to amuse, not inspire. The stories bore no truth to actual reality.

He's on record for regretting spawning so many attempts at poor Henderson ripoffs.
>>
>>49954651
>I believe you call such users "namefags"
This is a very well-crafted lure, OP! I'm impressed with it both within the larger context of your post and by itself. Unfortunately, you dropped the ball by referring to "the archives".
>>
>>49954651

It's just a bunch of made up shit some bored fa/tg/uy wrote to entertain us. Never actually happened beyond his posts. It's possible he had some more OMH stories stashed away but since we haven't seen them by now I'm guessing he didn't think they were worth putting out there. Definitely no such thing as a 300 page backstory written in 2 days. Not even if you're fucking James Joyce on crack. Even if you're just writing bullshit schlock you're not even going to approach 50 pages per day. C'mon bruh

also fuck the mods on /tg/
>>
Quests would be less cancerous than this thread
>>
>>49954756
>he doesn't know about archive.fools.us
>he doesn't know about archive.moe.us
>he doesn't know about all these posts gone, like tears in rain
>>
Something to note is that the roleplay in question is a horrendously simplified and ridiculously limited homebrew with very little in the form of proper formatting and rules. The GM has an idea of what kind of things he wants to see happen and what kind of characters he wants to see played, but up until this iteration has provided no guidelines as to what is and is not allowed apart from "No Mary Sue-ing". Should allow for plenty, right? Wrong. What he lacks in preexisting framework, he makes up for by taking an enormous shit on player choice where it interferes with his guidelines that he hasn't shared with anyone. When he was setting up for character creation, he wanted to give us only 5 slots for equipment, skills, and special powers. I talked him down and proposed 5 slots for each of those categories, which he accepted... with the stipulation that only 2-3 slots in each category could be filled, except by sacrificing some slots in one category to add to another. He really has no idea how to set up a proper roleplay campaign format. This combination of ineptitude and poor attitude is the sole reason why I want to do this.

>>49954696 Sorry for the poor formatting. The length of this thing got away from me.

>>49954734 Well, aren't you just a ray of sunshine?

>>49954743 That's disappointing, but at the same time I suppose it makes sense. That said, any good fabrication is based around a kernel of truth. I'd like to know more about the kernels of truth that were expanded and exaggerated upon to create the tale of Old Man Henderson.

>He's on record for regretting spawning so many attempts at poor Henderson ripoffs.

Where is this recorded? I'd like to see his exact words and, if possible, learn what it would take to avoid becoming another one of those poor Henderson ripoffs.
>>
>>49954952
>Where is this recorded? I'd like to see his exact words and, if possible, learn what it would take to avoid becoming another one of those poor Henderson ripoffs.

lurkmoar
>>
>>49954756 ...I assure you I had no intention of luring anyone.

>>49954785 And another ray of sunshine. Lovely.

>>49954794 Oh, what's this? Will I find anything helpful at those adresses?
>>
File: Grumpy Dumpy.png (272KB, 1328x1526px) Image search: [Google]
Grumpy Dumpy.png
272KB, 1328x1526px
>>49954986

> learn what it would take to avoid becoming another one of those poor Henderson ripoffs.

The easiest way is to not try to ape anything you read in a 4chan greentext story.

Even the "real" ones present behavior no normal person should emulate.

PS: lose the trip
>>
>>49955109

Fucking dammit meant to give >>49954952 my (You)

I guess I'm the real newfag
>>
>>49954651
I am not WHM but I have some advice. Look at your keyboard. Usually between the main keypad and the numeric keypad, there is a large key that says "Enter". It lets you break text up into paragraphs. Try it out.
>>
>>49955014

Take off your trip, faggot.
>>
You know, I wasn't sure whether or not I should make this post. Now that I've had the opportunity to read all of the lovely replies here, I realize that the answer was no. Not to worry, you won't have to endure any other posts from me. It's clear that I'm simply not cut out for this particular slice of the internet.

Thank you for your time, and have a lovely day.
>>
>>49957370
>>
>>49957370

Thank God. Tripfags are cancer.
>>
>>49954743
We should probably make that clearer on 1d4chan, I don't know if it would help but we could try.
>>49954651
>>49957370
Long story short we get Old Man Henderson threads every few months and there is some suspicion that it isn't a new convert but someone looking to push the meme. As you actually seem to be new to /tg/ and not just trying to get a few replies (one of the down sides to 4chans anonymous nature) here's some pointers if you do stick around.
Most people don't use a name, the common consensus is that unless it's important for people to be able to identify you beyond one thread using a trip is acting self important.
1d4chan is about a decade out of date if you want an impression of what /tg/ is like also for everything on that site there have been over a thousand bad ideas that we would hate to be reminded of.
You should expect insulting language, we use -fag as a suffix for any description (i.e. A Warhammer 40k fan is a 40k fag, a new member of the community is a new fag and someone posting replys to agree with themselves is a samefag). If you can't ignore such things it's best to get out now.
>>
>>49957927

>1d4chan is about a decade out of date if you want an impression of what /tg/ is like also for everything on that site there have been over a thousand bad ideas that we would hate to be reminded of.

The wiki definitely needs some tuning, if only so we can avoid newbies coming in here and making Spiritual Liege jokes.

Someone's obviously gone in and changed a few things. The Ultramarines article isn't nearly as terrible as it used to be now that hating on them is no longer in style. But the Elf thread really just needs to be purged and rewritten from the ground up.

Also the site as a whole needs to be cleansed of the ALL CAPS jokes you get in a lot of articles. That shit hasn't been funny in years.
>>
>>49954723

I'm willing to believe most of Luke Plageuson is true. Anyone who's been around grossfags should know there's plenty of reality in that story.
>>
>>49958370
A lot of stuff on 1d4chan really does need to be rewritten or reworked. For example, we haven't seen anyone working on the "Unified Setting for /tg/" around here for... fuck, I've got no clue how long it's been. I mean, the fact that the page hasn't been modified since "November 24th, 2012" should be a tip that it's out of date.That's just one example, but there should really be some sort of disclaimer plastered across a lot of stuff on there that it's either out of date, not talked about anymore, or no longer relevant.
>>
>>49957835
Poor little deluded anonfag doesn't even know the likes of Radical Edward, Spanish Flee, or Jim Profit
>>
File: blimey3.png (157KB, 294x282px) Image search: [Google]
blimey3.png
157KB, 294x282px
Take off your faggy ass trip and for fuck's sake LURK MORE

you're the equivalent of a knuckledragger who just came onto the internet and found out the cake was a lie and cats have poor grammar and thinks if you write a phrase on a motivational poster it's automatically funny.
>>
File: j75vIc8.png (89KB, 524x499px) Image search: [Google]
j75vIc8.png
89KB, 524x499px
>>49954717
>>
File: 1456629849242.jpg (160KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1456629849242.jpg
160KB, 640x480px
>>49957370
Doesn't understand internet culture and didn't lurk long enough to even grasp the very basics of board etiquette, and that doesn't take more than a couple hours if you immerse yourself.

Probably for the best. You seem far too thin-skinned and you lack the bitter, edgy streak needed to get the most out of this shitheap.

Good riddance.
>>
>>49954651
That was a name adopted for those thread specifically. He's probably still around, but he's anonymous, just like the rest of us. That's how it works. No permanent identities, no 'post karma' of any kind. You get the occasional (You) addict, but that's hardly the same thing. A tripcode/name is adopted and used for the subject it is relevant for, and then discarded.

Coming in here with a tripcode and a name like that tells me that you do not belong. Lurk more, come back when you understand how anonymous imageboards work unless you want to be mocked relentlessly.
>>
>>49958974
Hey, you don't need a name and a trip to be addicted to (You)s. It's just something that you gotta get your fix for in any way possible.
>>
>>49958452
On the contrary, anon - the outdated state of the wiki makes it easier to spot cancerous newfags like op.
>>
>>49959884

But if they come in knowing Matt Ward jokes are stale shit they're less likely to act like newfags to begin with.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.