[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games for the Gameless Support thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: images.png (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
9KB, 225x225px
Too many times I see you guys complaining about not having a group to play with, so I thought I'd see what I could find in the way of helping fa/tg/uys find a group.

I found Gamefindr:

http://gamefindr.co

Simply put, it's a mobile Social networking app where people go to find local groups based on your listed gaming systems. Basically your average dating app, repurposed for the hobby. It even includes an LGS finder.

Anyway, if you have any other suggestions for sites that could help the lonely members of /tg/, feel free to suggest them.
>>
>>49953440
Oh,forgot to mention that it includes just about every game and system imaginable to match up with other people.
>>
>>49953440
Actually, I found my latest group from fetlife, at one of the parties. There's a surprising amount of overlap between kink and tabletop. Though it was kind of surreal to have a guy call you over to help spitroast his girlfriend, then start talking about the d20 tat on his wrist.
>>
>Geolocation service failed. Geolocation service failed. Geolocation service failed. Geolocation service failed. Geolocation service failed. Geolocation service failed. Geolocation service failed.
>try to put it manually
>notice there's a bunch of options for games too
>Monopoly is in the list
>A bunch of literally who systems are in the list
>Shadowrun isn't

what a shit app
>>
>>49954224
Shadowrun is on the list near the bottom, next to World of Darkness.
>>
>>49953440
I tried using this but there seem to be so few people subscribed that it never locates anybody closer than 30 miles away, and I live in a big city. So not very useful until people get on it in large numbers, the whole chicken-egg social network problem.

I've used www.penandpapergames.com with much better results.
>>
OkCupid. Just set preferences so that you're looking for everyone in [Age Group] and for Friends only, list all your systems under interests, and search using them as keywords.
>>
>shilling gamegrindr this hard
>>
>>49956048
>big city
I wish people used Craigslist for this in my city. I wouldn't use it myself, I just wish people would use it.
>>
>>49953440
How much do they pay you to post it here constantly?

No seriously, I'm broke and have nothing better to do.
>>
>>49959869
Shut up, I come here almost every day and I've never seen a thread about.
>>
>>49960743
You're a fucking liar.
>>
>>49954086

Goddamn I love /tg/
>>
Do these sites work outside USA?
>>
>>49962741
I put my location in manually and the matches seemed to make sense
>>
>>49959869
Actually, I'm doing this mostly because I believe that /tg/ would be more interesting if more board members were playing games, instead of spending all their time here navel-gazing. We'd get more stories out of it, and more players means more people discussing systems through personal experience instead of RAW only. There's no real downside to it.

As for shilling Gamefindr, It was the only resource I found at the time. Next time I post this thread the OP will contain a full list of every suggestion here, with much shorter descriptions, and less advertising.
>>
>>49963063
You would be better served starting a "find a group" thread instead of shilling your shitty app. I already have two groups I play with and I check through those threads to find games whenever they are up.
>>
>>49963063
I have to admit, this board would be better if more people would actually play instead of doing threads like "Lotr is shit" "Warhammer is shit" "Name a better capter" etc.

>>49954086
What was the tat about?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.