[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Frontier General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

File: Collected+Company+%5BDTK%5D.jpg (35KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Collected+Company+%5BDTK%5D.jpg
35KB, 223x311px
!notModern edition

Post (shit)brews and r8 each other
>>
maybe the modernfags were right about DEDFORMATLOL
>>
meme format
>>
>>49945142
meme reply
>>
>>49947014
thanks
>>
>>49943677
this is like that dice thing from the yugioh anime right
>>
>>49943677
One of the LGS close to me announced a Post Modern FNM this week, Post Modern being their name for Frontier

What kind of meme deck can I build ?
>>
>>49947137
Build thopter tribal
>>
>Landwalking creatures can move north, south, east, or west any number of spaces - without changing direction - as long as the intervening land cards are all of the appropriate type
monoblue mirrors will be insane (well if they arent over in 3 turns)
>>
im gonna take a crack at adapting this format for archenemy

i suppose you will have the archenemy in the center so you will need a fancy table setup
>>
>>49947217
Wrong Frontier format
You are talking about the older and better format
This thread is about the Post Modern "Frontier" format, invented by Japan
>>
>>49947248
oh its just modern with a later start date ok
seems stupid but i suppose it makes some sense allows things to be shock up (i would have made it m13 or waiting 2 years though thats not enough cards yet)

why the fuck would they use a name thats already taken

>>49947243
fuck it im still gonna take a crack at this

as for postmodern im gonna build me a scissors deck i loved scissors and i was very good at it
>>
What is frontier
>>
>>49947286
>seems stupid but i suppose it makes some sense allows things to be shock up (i would have made it m13 or waiting 2 years though thats not enough cards yet)
I think it's because of the frame change of M15

>why the fuck would they use a name thats already taken
Because the original Frontier is an obscure format even more dead than the new one
>>
>>49947297

See >>49945142
>>
>>49947297
Post Modern starting from M15 onward, aka Abzan Company Goodstuff : the Format as long as CoCo isn't banned
>>
>>49947348
desu i'd prefer starting with innistrad or r2r as a lot of the bullshit from kamigawa, zendikar, time spiral, and scars block is gone
>>
>>49947348
that sounds awful and just seems like standard with fetches
>>
>>49947243
alright so i had the wrong format but im gonna take a crack at this for old frontier anyway
a lot of schemes do become a lot better here while others can now vary much more wildly in quality
>Choose Your Champion
i would make this stop movement as well as attacking and spell casting
considering how many schemes get buffed by this format without rules changes if the archenemy turns out to powerful i will change this back to the old behavior
>Every Last Vestige Shall Rot
no changes for initial playtesting but if turns out to powerful sending your oponents creatures that are at your gates all the way back to the start i might change it to a move back effect
>Evil Comes to Fruition
no changes but it will be interesting to see how this will play when 10 lands requires 10 creatures
>My Crushing Masterstroke
this will be interesting as it has an advantage of a knockback but it no longer always causes a slaughter
maybe make the must attack requirement extend to must move towards the player if it cant attack them
>nature shields its own
i have a bit to say on this i will get to that later
>Realms Befitting My Majesty
this one just plain cant work maybe make it reveal 2 lands instead but then you would have to make that every land fetch effect so im gonna put it on the banlist
>The Dead Shall Serve
this gets a lot more powerful with the new ability to move around freely so you only have to attack if you get to close
leave as is unless it proves to powerful in which case make it force movement towards its target
>Your Fate Is Thrice Sealed
just ignore the land part maybe make it 4 cards to compensate
>Your Will Is Not Your Own
no changes but it will be fun to watch what tactics people pull with it
>>
>>49947546
as for mechanics changes you will need to work out the layout of the battlefield.
my first thought was to have the archenemy in the center surrounded by his opponents but then you would have to give him a starting token for each foe and thats to much fucking early mana (although it would make a display of my dark power no longer a total piece of shit (i forgot to mention last post approach my molten realm will be interesting pretty much all down to when you draw it but its no longer the second biggest im screwed scheme to draw behind a display of my dark power))

what will need testing is if players should be able to tap the lands there allies are standing on im going to go with no for now

at the ends it will just be a standard game choose which player to attack. or maybe require you to choose which players off battlefield zone you are entering
>>
>>49947604
and the promised nature shields its own stuff
>Nature Shields Its Own
at first glance i thought this would need extensive adjustment but if a creature is attacking one of your creatures it is blocked
the abandon trigger will only count if the player is attacked not creatures because of that.

alternately i might give it a total overhaul and allow the archenemys creatures the option to discard there terrain bonus to trigger the effect or just have it trigger when a tapped creature is attacked.
the tokens will appear on the same square as the attacking creature and will have banding until one of the creatures moves

i will most likely just have it only matter for when the player is attacked though
or maybe also have it appear behind a defeated enemy to block some trample damage.
if i did retool this card it would be a lot of testing
>>
>>49947609
wait i just realised i misunderstood the back rows they have movement to... i think
this article did not do a very good job of explaining that aspect
>>
>still forcing this meme
>>
Could Fleetwheel Cruiser and Skysovereign be put in close conjunction with Thopter engineer, toolcraft exemplar, and various blue cards to make some sort of jeskai artifact based deck?
>>
>>49947286
ok postmodern scissors
theres the same core it had in m15 of

>ensoul artifact x4
>darksteel citadel x4
>ornithopter x4
>shrapnel blast x4

then as long as we have the shrapnel blasts
>scuttling doom engine x4 (maybe less depends how much other stuff ends up in the deck)
hoarding dragon might actually be useful this time around with there being more options to kill your own creatures but probably not
then i suppose you just look at the artifact boosted creatures that deck ran that see if the newer equivalents of them are better.
finally i will look through the artifacts and see if theres anything else that might fit in well.

off the top of my head though i cannot actually think of any artifacts this deck would really benefit from so it will likely just be old scissors with better creatures and manlands

the deck does not exactly leave a lot of room for adjustment unless you want to cut back on all those wincons
i guess theres more scrying and scrying type effects that might help now and with the manlands you can cut back on creatures a little.
>>
r8 / 8

very loosey goosey

4 Blessed Alliance
2 Torrential Gearhulk
2 Sorin, Grim Nemesis
2 Dig Through Time
2 Anguished Unmaking
4 Fumigate
3 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
2 Ultimate Price
2 Grasp of Darkness
2 Transgress the Mind
2 Ojutai's Command
1 Treasure Cruise
3 Scatter to the Winds
1 Clash of Wills
1 Ob Nixilis Reignited
1 Anticipate
4 Shambling Vent
4 Flooded Strand
4 Polluted Delta
2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 Swamp
1 Plains
3 Island
2 Prairie Stream
2 Sunken Hollow
2 Caves of Koilos
1 Negate
SB: 2 Languish
SB: 3 Tormod's Crypt
SB: 2 Clash of Wills
SB: 2 Fragmentize
SB: 1 Startled Awake
SB: 2 Dispel
SB: 3 Negate
>>
>>49947793
oh and as long as we are all making meme decks at least one siege dragon because i love that card and it would feel weird to play a m15 red deck without it.
>>
>>49947793
heh according to mtgsalvation rogues gloves is strictly worse then mask of memory
thats blatantly untrue sure in this scissors deck it would be a much better choice if it were postmodern legal (not that i expect to use the gloves in this deck) but its not strictly better
>>
File: BEEEEEEEM.gif (564KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
BEEEEEEEM.gif
564KB, 800x430px
>>49947890
>mtgsalvation
>>
>>49947348
is it just sets that were standard legal or are the commander sets released after that legal like they are for vintage and legacy

im guessing only standard legal stuff
>>
>>49947932
i swear they seem to have no fucking idea what strictly worse and strictly better mean
yes impluse looks at more cards then anticipate for the same cost
no it is not strictly better due to the fact that cards you dont chose go to the bottom of your library

almost always better to the point you would always pick impluse over anticipate yes but not strictly better.

if it were scry 3 draw 1 vs scry 4 draw 1 then it would be strictly better.
>>
>>49948011
They're just retarded, don't worry about it too much.
>>
>>49948040
yeah i guess so
i will just check the gatherer for each individual m15 artifact boosted card to see if theres anything thats straight better or better after artifacts

i love the advanced search its missing very few features
>>
how are elves in this?
>>
>>49948062
Have you tried magiccards.info? Their advanced search is generally a little better.
>>
>>49948074
i might give it a try
also theres a lot less artifact boosted cards for red and blue in m15 then i remember only the aeronaught and the mongrel
>>
I don't particularly dislike the idea of Frontier. I'm fine with it really. All new border cards sets an recognizable frame new for players to understand. I think a format without Path to Exile, Bob, Clique, Bolt, and Thoughtseize would be great. Wraths would cost 5, burn would cost 2, Spell Pierce and Dispel won't be fighting each other. And we will be rid of the majority of Mythics that were designed when they didn't know how to design Mythics.

I guess my problem is that it cannot be allowed to even receive a glimpse of support by Wizards not while Modern shits the bed in terms of card availability. If they want to support Frontier, it must be after Modern has been taken to the woodshed.
>>
>>49948067
myeh. I tried because I thought Imperious Perfect was printed in origins, but even if it actually had been I don't think elves would have enough.
>>
>>49948134
i think i might go with both the aeronaught and the mongrel possibly some vilden pack outcasts

i guess it will be the supporting artifacts that seperate this deck from what it used to be.
>>
>>49948215
probably some mixture of the 3 0 mana equipments
gotta make sure i dont go to overboard on those though
>>
>>49948249
i am thinking maybe ancestral statue to bring back the ensoul before the artifact its on dies but without flash it may not be useful very often
im thinking 4x tamiyos journal for fetching ensouls its slow but its not like i wont be able to play the ensoul the moment i draw it anyway.
4x orbs of warding in the sideboard to deal with any attempts to make me sac my citadels
maybe ditch the aeronaut and mongrel for artifact creatures and use chief of the foundry and ghostfire blade.
mana costs will be mostly to low for foundry inspector
ugins nexus will pair well with shrapnel blast
>>
>>49948011
Impulse also puts the other cards to the bottom. The shuffling has been removed by errata.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=3641

Details that only matter in specific cornercases (like creature type) are usually excluded when arguing that some cards are strictly better than others, otherwise the term would just be meaningless.
>>
>>49948417
alright /tg/ its a risky deck but if it turns out to go off regularly i may have something here.

Land (22)
4x Aether Hub
4x Darksteel Citadel
1x Island
1x Mountain
4x Shivan Reef
4x Spirebluff Canal
4x Wandering Fumarole

Enchantment (4)
4x Ensoul Artifact

Creature (22)
4x Chief of the Foundry
2x Consulate Skygate
4x Hangarback Walker
4x Ornithopter
4x Ramroller
4x Scuttling Doom Engine

Artifact (8)
4x Tamiyo's Journal
4x Whirlermaker

Instant (4)
4x Shrapnel Blast

Sideboard (15)
2x Consulate Skygate
3x Ghostfire Blade
3x Keeper of the Lens
3x Negate
3x Orbs of Warding
1x Soul of New Phyrexia
>>
>>49948936
im thinking maybe i should replace the soul of new phyrexia in my sideboard with a 4th negate
>>
this format is dead on arrival.
>>
Quick thought that I haven't gotten to discuss with anyone:
I understand this is going by the card frame update like Modern, but wouldn't a better divide for a new "neo"modern be Lorwyn, as that's where Planeswalkers debuted?
It would have a larger starting cardpool, get rid of some of the archaic bogeyman hate cards like Blood Moon, Choke, and Ensnaring Bridge, as well as getting rid of Ravager Affinity, making Infect not Tier 0, etc.
I think this cleans up a lot of the problems that people have with Modern while still offering a robust cardpool, rather than limiting people to a smaller amount.
>>
>>49952727
>infect
>tier 0
>>
>>49953038
Ask real players. Not 4chinz
Anyone who knows the game knows that Infect is the best deck in Memedern and is extremely unfair with how fast it wins, and the wins it can cobble together from nothing
>>
>>49953106
Play an actual game against infect sometime.
>>
>>49953198
Infect is just another reason modern is broken, more to the point it's decks like affinity/dredge/burn that really make it impossible to play any deck slower than Abzan, owing to sideboard slots becoming so obligated.
>>
>>49953264
I have a pile that rarely does anything before turn 3 that does fine against infect and affinity, and are you seriously complaining about burn?
>>
>>49952727
>>49953038
>>49953106
>>49953198
More to the point what about the idea in my first post, regardless of how we feel about the Infect statement
>>
>>49947137
34 Rhinos.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/against-the-odds-34-rhinos
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.