[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me /tg/; How the fuck did anyone think Oldcrons are scary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10

File: 40660541cfce3f56215eacb7f22c5b32.jpg (399KB, 1591x1245px) Image search: [Google]
40660541cfce3f56215eacb7f22c5b32.jpg
399KB, 1591x1245px
Tell me /tg/; How the fuck did anyone think Oldcrons are scary when they all looked like pic related?

I mean, look at this guy. He is almost point for point a spoopy skeleton.
>>
>>49942680
Gee I dunno, the fact that spoopy skellington literally comes back from the dead often no matter what kindof damages you do to him and that his gun shreds any form of armour layer by layer and melts flesh with one blast.

You're legit facing Jason Voorhees in T-1000 form with a lasergun.
>>
>>49942737
>responding to b8 in earnest

goddamn it
>>
>>49942749
To be fair all that doesn't negate the fact they DO look pretty silly. Besides, this is /tg/, in ten posts we might be having a heated debate about the socio-political applications of a toaster that reassembles broken furniture.
>>
>>49942800
That would be far more interesting of a discussion than why people should be scared of a skeleton with a gun.
>>
>>49942820
But dude. It's a skellington. AND HE'S GOT A FUCKING GUN!
>>
>>49942852
This guy gets it. What the fuck's not to be scared of? It's a fucking scary skeleton with a fucking spooky scary burn-your-everything-off gun.
>>
File: angryface.jpg (61KB, 423x535px) Image search: [Google]
angryface.jpg
61KB, 423x535px
>>49942680
>Oldcrons like pic related
>uses model still in production
>literally states spoopiness of skellington

your bait shames the oldest of crons. I hope you're happy with yourself.
>>
>>49942852
Whoa, you missed out one vital fact.
It's a fucking ROBOT SKELETON and he's got a gun
>>
>>49944039
Good ol' Assholetep the Insufferable!
>>
>>49942852
>>49943103
You idiots! We've ALL got guns!
>>
Deathless legions of unfeeling, unrelenting killing machines > eccentric space Egyptians
>>
File: you're not stc.jpg (42KB, 551x600px) Image search: [Google]
you're not stc.jpg
42KB, 551x600px
>>49946067
This post is true!
>>
>>49942680
>Hey guys why would you think the spookiest thing ever is spooky? What are you, wusses?

Skellington detected
>>
>>49946067
Seconded.
>>
>>49946067
Eccentric space Egyptians leading deathless legions of unfeeling, unrelenting killing machines > Deathless legions of unfeeling, unrelenting killing machines
>>
>>49946766
No, when the leadership is just quirky old men, then it loses all mysticism.
>>
>>49946870
>No, when the leadership is just quirky old C'tan, then it loses all mysticism.
>>
>>49944039
I still have this guy and around 20 of his (literal)metal friends around somewhere
Sadly most of them never got past priming ...
>>
>>49946902
That's not what I wrote.
>>
>>49944302

hehehehee

classic
>>
>>49947187
>missing the point this hard
Explain the difference between eccentric space Egyptians and eccentric space Egyptian NOTCHAOSGODS!
>>
File: Frustration.jpg (95KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Frustration.jpg
95KB, 500x333px
>>
File: 1448267765987.jpg (49KB, 234x252px) Image search: [Google]
1448267765987.jpg
49KB, 234x252px
>>49944039
>>
It helps that in universe they are like 7 feet tall

>>49947323
Space Mesopotamians you plebian
>>
>>49942749

Hi OP.

You called too early, kid. Also, responding earnestly isn't the issue, it's getting mad and responding.
>>
Can't find a pic, but there were a lot of ideas for paint schemes for oldcrons. Painting them to look like they were made of porcelain, or to be really rusty, that sort of thing.
>>
>>49942680
People think Oldcrons were scarier because because the C'tan were basically the real big baddies behind everything in the old fluff, and were supposed to be primordial evils older than the universe and stronger than the Chaos Gods. They got nerfed to shit though
>>
>>49947323
quality
>>
>>49947366
close, but no cigar.

nice dubs though
>>
>>49947550
But yet C'tan were just lamer versions of the Chaos Gods; To me, they didnt give off any real threat, and they seemed far, far below the Chaos Gods in power, despite pretty much being the same in their role, and having the same plans, execpt reversed.

I also hate how everyone just gives the C'tan a pass, like they somehow improve the setting, but in reality, they're below Newcron in quality. In the Host of Storms ending for the Gryphon IV campaign, the Decevier basically pulls a cheesy "You have failed me for the last time, muhahaha!" Or, in the story where that assassin goes to kill a rouge Planetary Govener, and turns out to be a villian, the deciever acts like some crappy super villian, and spitting out awful one liners. Thats not to mention how many times the Nightbringer Jobbed.

I have no problem with the Oldcrons themselves, but the C'tan were retarded. 40k didn't need another primordial race of manipulators. We already had the Eldar, the Chaos Gods, The Emperor, the Old Ones. The C'tan were redundant, and further more, by only having FOUR factions to pick from was utterly, utterly stupid.

It'd be like Space Marines only having The Ultramarines, The Dark Angels, The Salamanders or The Iron Hands as the only "official" chapters.

I think a good compromise between Newcrons and Oldcrons would have simply add more lesser C'tan to the setting, and allowing you to customize your C'tan, sort of like Vampire counts. Hell, the C'tan are even called Solar Vampires.
>>
>>49949102
You are just biased. Quit it.

>But yet C'tan were just lamer versions of the Chaos Gods; To me, they didnt give off any real threat, and they seemed far, far below the Chaos Gods in power, despite pretty much being the same in their role, and having the same plans, execpt reversed.

Lies. The C'tan were their own thing with the Nightbringer being a death god and the other two having no clear obsessions.

The Deceiver acting the way he is was because he was the most human of the C'tan and mischievous. He understood mortals and loved messing around with them. The other C'tan were aloof and cared nothing for mortals other than the fact they were food and playthings. So when idiot say they are "NotChaos Gods" they just referring to the Deceiver being looselyconnected to Tzeentch via their lore for schemeing and antics forgetting that Cegorach also shares this obsession.

Difference between the C'tan and the Chaos Gods is that the C'tan were more active and took direct role in their schemes.

>Thats not to mention how many times the Nightbringer Jobbed.

The Eldar legend about the Nightbringer is just a legend. You don't put value in Eldar legends.

As for the novel, the Nightbringer was weakened by 60 million years of starvation.

So that makes two. So how dare you say how many? Of course bias.

> 40k didn't need another primordial race of manipulators.

The Old Ones were not schemers and the Eldar are not primordial.

The galaxy needed another set of evil gods to represent the evil side of Order like how Nagash in fantasy is opposing to the Chaos God with his deathless Order.
>>
File: Nagash-Bugmans-Artwork-2.jpg (21KB, 321x448px) Image search: [Google]
Nagash-Bugmans-Artwork-2.jpg
21KB, 321x448px
The dynamic of Evil Order vs Evil Chaos, Death and Life, in fantasy was interesting.

It would have been great if they continued that theme in 40K instead of giving us the Newcron who are as insane and illogical (if not more) as their Chaos counterparts. Heck, they even crave life. Their whole fluff revolves around their desire to restore their souls and flesh returning to the chaotic things which damned them.
>>
>>49942680
I know, right?

In the Cain novels, Cain repeatedly says that he views the Necrons as more terrifying than Orks, Tyranids, and even Chaos. For the life of me I cannot understand why.

I hope Sandy writes a story where Cain meets a talking Necron.
>>
>>49949305
Cains first experience with the Crons ends up with him losing fingers and being literally the only survivor. Also the Crons dont job like tyranids guants and stealers in the series.
>>
>>49949326
Pretty much this, I've yet to read a novel where the Necrons didn't make all the other factions look like a joke in the field. They are just inherently more dangerous, gauss aint nothin to fuck wit.
>>
>>49942680
That's not an oldcron.
>>
>>49942800
You know, if a toaster is able to reassemble furniture, does it deserve a living wage? I'm pretty sure it does, because it's investing it's time and effort together to create a new product. I'm sure we all are just toasters, reassembling broken furniture day after day.
>>
>>49949326
As I recall he also watched some members of an Astartes kill team get Gauss'd and saw how quickly it ripped even superhumans like them apart
>>
>>49950051
>’I’m sure your soldiers could deal with them whatever they are.’ Logash replied stiffly.

>’Well I’m not.’ I said without thinking. Then I remembered who else was there and carried on as though I’d meant to say more all along. ’I’d back this regiment against everything from eldar to daemons, but even the best soldiers in the Guard couldn’t stand long against a full-scale necron incursion. These things aren’t even alive as we understand the term. They can’t be reasoned with, they can’t be intimidated, and if they have the numbers on their side they simply can’t be stopped. They’ll just keep coming until every living thing on this planet is dead!’ I was uncomfortably aware as I finished that my voice had risen in pitch. I fought it back to a semblance of calm.

Can't be reasoned with? Cannot be intimidated? Cain was really wrong about the Necrons.
>>
>>49950146
>Can't be reasoned with? Cannot be intimidated? Cain was really wrong about the Necrons.
Youre nitpicking a series that came out before the change to NEWcrons. Despite this the Necrons Cain ran into couldn't as they were all basic crons as far as I remember.
>>
>>49950190
Necrons in Cain's Last Stand had a clear objective and they were moving intelligibility. They observed the system in a hidden asteroid base, called for back up in form of a tomb ship that raped the Chaos ships, and they went after the Old One relic and disappeared after it was secured.

This means there was a Necron Lord or a Cryptek directing these necrons.
>>
>>49950231
>This means there was a Necron Lord or a Cryptek directing these necrons.
>Despite this the Necrons Cain ran into couldn't as they were all basic crons as far as I remember.
>the Necrons Cain ran into
>Cain
>Ran into
Sorry just incase you miss it this time.
>>
>>49950231
intelligently*
>>
>>49950280
Regardless, Cain knows they are intelligent via their actions and methods. Making baseless assumptions that they cannot be reasoned with or scared off is unbecoming.
>>
>>49950310
Amuk'hatet, please sod off, this is a Human board for Human posters. NO xenos allowed. Least of all spoky clanky skeletons.
>>
>>49949193
>Lies. The C'tan were their own thing
Really? The Deceiver was just Tzeentch-lite, while Nightbringer was just Khorne with the blood filed off, nothing original about it.

Void Dragon with his machine powers and relationship with the Mechanicus as potentially being the very god they worshipped was the only original of the lot, but GW did fuck-all with him.
>>
>>49949374
>>49949326
I kinda hope it's sandy's take on Trazyn and he comes off as terrifying to normal humans, much like how orks are amusing to us from the perspective of the third person but in person would be utter nightmares
>>
I feel like the world engine was a good use of newcron fluff
>>
>>49950696
>ancient mechanical horrors that we a only start understanding I'm this conflict
>killed their own gods
>crush planets casually with their own weaponized cybertron
>had to kill them by making shifty alliances with warring factions, but all are evil
>it cost us an entire marine chapter to stop one of their plans and learn what we did about them
>and they had to release somethong potentially worse in the process
I'd say it's a pretty good showing
>>
>>49950567
>Nightbringer was just Khorne with the blood filed off, nothing original about it.

No really. The Nightbringer approach was that of a serial killer. He raised entire races from nothing and then tortured them to death for his amusement. Khorne abhors torture and focus only on the killing, the faster the better. The Nightbringer prolongs the suffering of his victims savouring their collective despair and pain.

He is nothing like Khorne.

The Deceiver methodology differs from Tzeench in that Mephet'ran's plans have a clear goal and progression towards it. Tzeentch is a mad god whose plots goes around in in a tangled cycle. To the Deceiver plots are a means to an end, to Tzeentch simply plotting is the end and purpose.
>>
>>49950762
>somethong potentially worse in the process

The Shaper of Worlds said he wanted to leave the galaxy to another galaxy where a benevolent god would be appreciated.

>>49950146
Another mistake Cain and other characters continue to fall into is calling Necrons "Undead", "Unliving", "The Undying".

I mean look at this stupid quote "These things aren’t even alive as we understand the term". Of course they are not alive. They are machines. Who would look at a Necron and think its living. Cain you stupid mofo.
>>
>>49951402
Thats in theory, though. In reality, and in practice, the Night Bringer simply goes about and kills as he pleases. He may torture and terrorize his victims, but he achieves the same end results as a Khornate Warband, IE, the total destruction and extermination of all life.

And with the deciever, it is the same ordeal. Although there may, at some point, be an end to his schemes, we see the same pattern as Tzneetch; Plans within plans within plans, with no other goal aside from the vague goal of cutting off the warp. And in function, he still acts exactly as Tzneetch does, or, as a Tzneetch Sorcerer.
>>
>>49951447
and you believed him?
>>
>>49951492
> In reality, and in practice, the Night Bringer simply goes about and kills as he pleases

Actually, the fluff has him raising races from nothing only to torture them to death. Anyways...

Your post is not logical and just want to throw any killer or schemer as the version of Khorne and Tzeentch.

Just no.

For example fantasy has tons of scheming gods. Loec, Lileath, Mork, The Great Horned Rat, Tzeentch, Ranald, etc.
And tons of War Gods. Ulric, Sigmar, Khaine, Gork, Khorne, etc.

All of them differ from each other in how they conduct their business and their methodology. You don't see anyone claiming these dozens of gods are simply versions of Chaos Gods who act the same as them.
>>
>>49951499
Why would he lie?

>>49951566
>Plans within plans within plans, with no other goal aside from the vague goal of cutting off the warp

The Deceiver goal was clear and say. It's the restoration of the C'tan's Empire of Destruction through any means necessary. It wasn't vague at all. His line of progression was also clear.
>>
>>49951402
>He raised entire races from nothing and then tortured them to death for his amusement. The Nightbringer prolongs the suffering of his victims savouring their collective despair and pain.
Okay, so he's Slaanesh.

>The Deceiver methodology differs from Tzeench in that Mephet'ran's plans have a clear goal and progression towards it.
Yeah so, Tzeentch-lite. Some mysterious end goal only the Deceiver knows and can make sense of.
>>
>>49951591
You

see

>>49951566

Slaanesh isn't a killer. He is a lover first and excess seeker.
>>
>>49951741
>Slaanesh isn't a killer. He is a lover first and excess seeker.
What you described the Nightbringer to be is exactly what the Dark Eldar, the Eldar category that created Slaanesh, are like. Cruel torture to death for amusement and savouring their victims agony.
>>
File: IMG_1826.png (3MB, 2000x1636px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1826.png
3MB, 2000x1636px
> How the fuck did anyone think Oldcrons are scary when they all looked like pic related?
Are you telling me seeing him running at you, screaming about it's tired of you whippersnapers
playing on his lawn all the time, with a Gauss gun wouldn't scare you shitless?
>>
>>49942680
>hurr durr skeletons are not scary
>hurr durr you shouldn't be afraid of them
I'm seeing through your schemes SIDF.
>>
>>49951566
I believe you are looking at this the wrong way; This is not whfb. In the 40k universe, it is expressively, explicitly clear that there is little to no crossover between the realms of gods, because the warp simply does not function in that manner. You do not need to know khorne in 40k to worship him, for the very act of war fuels Khorne. The Imperium, by fighting chaos, fuels chaos. Even orkz feed Chaos.

So, by scheming, the C'tan would simply be feeding the most raw aspects of Tzneetch, regardless of what they actually are. The only thing that does not feed chaos are Blanks and Necrons, who are fundamentally removed from the warp in a very unnatural way.

It is even pointed out that the Eldar gods, are in part, tied to the Chaos Gods, as all Eldar are tied to Slaanesh. In The Path Series, it is said that Khaine is the middleground between Khorne and Slaanesh, and is considered the bastard child of the two. Thus, he was spared due to Khorne refusing to allow Slaanesh to infringe on his realm. The same could be said of Isha and Cegorach, who are tied to Nurgle and Tzneetch retrospectively.

Let me put it simply; WHFB gods and 40k Gods are not the same
>>
File: 1465388814490.png (137KB, 494x493px) Image search: [Google]
1465388814490.png
137KB, 494x493px
>>49950696
The only thing better than the world engine fluff is the fact that neckbeards refuse to acknowledge Mat Ward wrote it.
>>
>>49955988
I thought the book was written by a different guy, can't remember his name
>>
>>49955645
>Let me put it simply; WHFB gods and 40k Gods are not the same

You missed the point. Idiotically so. The point I was trying to say that that WHFB was plenty of deities with a whole lot of origins and a lot of them share spheres of influence and despite of this, nobody calls the mortal gods as "NotChaosGods".

The C'tan are the only deities in the GW IPs that always get compared to the Chaos Gods and cannot be accepted as their own pantheon of divinity with some very minor overlap with Chaos Gods spheres.

>the C'tan would simply be feeding the most raw aspects of Tzneetch,

The C'tan are utterly disconnected from the Warp to the point that C'tan project an emptiness into the warp.
>>
>>49942680
skeletons are horrifying
>>
>>49956546
>You missed the point. Idiotically so.
Am I missing the point, or are you just moving goal posts? Because you cant seem to make up your mind.

>The point I was trying to say that that WHFB was plenty of deities with a whole lot of origins and a lot of them share spheres of influence and despite of this, nobody calls the mortal gods as "NotChaosGods."

And theres a reason for that; many, if not most of the gods you posted are very distinct from the Chaos Gods, or were also created at the same time as the Chaos Gods. And many of them are far more than "just" a wargod. Khaine is the god of murder, Sigmar is a ascended man, the Horned Rat is the very manifestation of the Skaven race.

But, lets push the topic of divinity away, and focus on the actual character of the C'tan. And here we find the problem: They are bland. Unintresting. Utterly mono-tone in want amd desire. They have no sublty, no charm, no cause, no reason to even exist. To put simply, they were shoe horned in. Unlike say, Nagash, who had a history and motivation that was lengthy and extenensive, and when returned was a major game changer, the C'tan just sort of popped up out of nowhere, and it was just expected for us to go "Oh yeah, they were ALWAYS there!"

Their reason for fighting is childish and stupid and dumb.

Why does the Nightbringer do what he does? Because he likes it. Thats it. Its not because he suffered betrayal, or went mad from power, or is led on by his god, or physical hunger or any prior event. Infact, the only reason he kills is because people taste better than stars.

Thats it. He has no other motivation to do what he does, or any deeper character than that. Its plain, its simple, and its fucking childish. Even Tyranids have a better reason than the NightBringer for killing people.

There is zero reason for the C'tan to do what they do, aside from the fact that they're just assholes. Thats all. And they're idiotic assholes who get tricked into eating each other.
>>
File: necron-leader-front1.jpg (906KB, 1301x1757px) Image search: [Google]
necron-leader-front1.jpg
906KB, 1301x1757px
>>49942680
You faggot, you call that an oldcron? I was expecting to see some Rogue Trader shit in here.
>>
>GW HQ, sometime in the mid 80s
>"Alright guys, Warhammer is doing good, but how can we make essentially the same game in space? Humans, Tim?"
>"Uh, the human knights have power armor?"
>"Good. How about the orks Bob?"
>"The orks are... still in space."
>"Yes, but orks are low tech. How do they have spaceships and guns?"
>"They're psychic. They imagine it works and it does."
>"Great. Got anything for the undead Jim?"
>"They're robots!"
>"Perfect!"

>>49946870 comes along
>muh mysticism
>>
>>49957687
>Tim
>Bob
>Jim
You clearly have no knowledge of '80s GW. It'd be more like Daf, Gorb and Slaggo.
>>
>>49944353
I just discovered exactly what it is IG Commissars do.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.