[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting like a poorfag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: Warhammer-40k-Dark-Vengeance.jpg (117KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer-40k-Dark-Vengeance.jpg
117KB, 873x627px
So I`ll be starting my CSM army pretty soon, but since I have pretty limited funds for now, I had an idea- I`ll buy the Dark Vengeance starer and make DA into Chaos Space Marines. But here`s the question- is it possible for a beginner to make DA into CSM, and if not, is it possible to field both the Crimson Slaughter and the Fallen Angels in one army?
>>
Both are possible.
DA and CSM dont work well together, though.
You might wanna try and convert them.
>>
>>49936729
>is it possible for a beginner to make DA into CSM

Yes, just paint them black

> is it possible to field both the Crimson Slaughter and the Fallen Angels in one army?

Yes, just use the Cypher's fallen angels formation plus CSM shit you want.
>>
>>49936816
Yeah, but I mean like get rid of the aquilla and shit like that. I mean, I dont wanna fuck up my expensive as hell models that I had to sell my kidney for.
>>
...Or you can buy some chaos parts from ebay for pennies and convert the hell out of them.
>>
the google is your friend. "converting dark vengeance dark angels to chaos"
>>
>>49936834
You don't need to get rid of the Aquila. Just say they're marines who became renegades more recently and haven't added all the spikes yet. Or say that they stole some loyalist gear and kept it as is for now.
>>
>>49936729
Just go on eBay and search for "Dark Vengeance Chaos" you'll find plenty of people selling the Chaos stuff separately. Conversion is doable, but will be tricky for a beginner because of the mostly single piece nature of DV minis.
>>
>>49936887
yeah, the shipment would kill me. It sure is great to leave in Poland.
>>
>>49936876
But wouldnt that make more spergy guys be all like" Uhmm you cant do that."? I dont have too many people to play with in here anyway.
>>
How are the sprues?

I remember getting one of those starterpacks but sadly they package them almost wholly assembled, which makes converting a little harder.

If they come all separate I can't imagine it'd be hard to mix and match bits and add a little here and there to the Dark Angels. Also this >>49936838

As for the equilas, you could file them down, deface them somehow (like adding 8 pointed stars in paint over them if you're comfortable painting that kind of detail) or cover them with something.
>>
File: 1473913504283.jpg (40KB, 576x472px) Image search: [Google]
1473913504283.jpg
40KB, 576x472px
>>49936951

>equilas

I meant Aquilas commissar I promise.
>>
File: 371px-KharnTheCommissar.jpg (66KB, 371x599px) Image search: [Google]
371px-KharnTheCommissar.jpg
66KB, 371x599px
>>49936968
Kharnissar is pleased, you may live another minute.
>>
>>49936942
Only the most sperg of spergs would say that.

If you're that worries, paint the bird Blue and say they're using it as a symbol of a Lord of Change they follow. Might require Tzeentch though.

Or you can painting Black and say it's a plague raven for Nurgle. Or paint it a bright color and have it be a bird of paradise for slaanesh.

Basically, the Imperium does not have a monopoly on putting birds on things.
>>
Convert the CSM to DA, in the long run you'll thank me. Otherwise, years from now you'll be another washed-up bitter husk of a man playing CSM.
>>
Wew this board is a more lot welcoming then I thought it will be. Gotta come by here more often.
>>49937024
No way Im playing SM, Im assembling a CSM army with a friend. Plus Im probably not gonna be to competetive anyway (no helldrakes for me, Im gonna get more cultists etc.)
>>
>>49936729
Don't play 40k, play a real game.
>>
>>49936729
Just get betrayal at calth you get more dudes, and don't need to convert as they aren't marked.
>>
>>49936729
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest not starting out with DV as you'll be shoehorning X unit into your armylist just so you can get your dollars worth out of your DV box. Instead look at what core troops and HQ choices you'll be fielding no matter what flavour of list you want, and then ebay just what you need, not what DV forces you to use. If you do your due diligence you can find better value for your dollar than DV (which admittedly is still good value)

Battle of Prospero is coming out soon and ebay sellers are dividing up and selling units separately. There is a Polish guy selling squads of 10 Mk3 marines for real cheap.
>>
>>49936729
If you're a poorfag, I'd suggest staying away from 40k.
>>
>>49936729
>So I`ll be starting my CSM army pretty soon
Why the fuck are you doing that.

CSM are one of the single shittiest armies in 40k, and unless you like tasting the concrete or not fielding any chaos space marines in your chaos space marine army, you're gonna do that a lot.
>>
>>49936729
>>49938397
Listen to this man OP. I'm a CSM fan who gave up on the GW company and 40k in general because CSM may as well not even exist.
>>
>>49936729
I always thought dark vengeance was a complete chaos starter
>>
>>49936729
>buy Dark Vengeance
>2 traitor forces in one

What more could you want?
I bought it too for about 50 Euros
>>
>>49936997
found the heretic guys
>>
>>49936951
DV is all push fit bollocks, whilst converting is a possibility, you'd be better off getting a start collecting set.
>>
>>49938853
It's sad how the only way for Chaos Space Marines to not get their shit pushed in even in friendly games is by basically not playing a CSM army, but a cultist army.
>>
Get the new Burning of Prospero set. These models will get you further in the long run and it comes with 2 characters, 30 marines, 5 terminators and 2 really cool loyalist squads that you probably will be able to ebay/trade off for more marines or tanks if you like. There is very little waste with this box set.
>>
>>49936729
Honestly OP, if you're poorfag like me and just want to get a start with CSM, I'd say buy Dark Vengeance with a friend who likes DA and just split the cost with them. Or the other route is to get the CSM models off of ebay. They're dirt cheap. Esp considering the Helbrute. That way you can start out with a small group of CSM and learn the game/not be overwhelmed with all the work of trying to convert the static DA models into CSMs.

I regret getting the set because I dont actually like any of the DA or cultists... I pretty much just wanted it for the chosen, the rulebook and Helbrute
>>
>>49942054
this is also a good idea. And you can buy that Helbrute for pennies online. Somehow it's the model nobody wants but everybody has 10000000 of....
>>
Buy one or both of the 30,000 starter sets, as you get a ton of old-armor marines that can be easily converted or just painted as CSM, as well as goodies depending on which one.
>>
>>49936729
In the dark angel backstory, they fought on both sides of the Horus Heresy. Ten thousand years later, the Dark Angels are still hunting down their traitor brethren, along with any other traitors, hence the "Dark Vengeance"

Say they are all fallen angels.
>>
>>49942054
>Mark III armor
gross dude
>>
Why would you want to play chaos space marines? If you like chaos just play daemons. They are 10 times more interesting and fun to play.
>>
File: ANGRYMARINE.gif (210KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ANGRYMARINE.gif
210KB, 500x500px
>>49945061
>>
File: attachment.jpg (61KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
attachment.jpg
61KB, 873x627px
>>49945147
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (173KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
173KB, 1600x1200px
>>49945179
>>
>>49936942
You can come up with some explanation as to why your "loyalist" models look like they do, like the other anon said. Maybe they recently turned traitor, maybe they stole the gear, maybe they're a large group of Fallen Angels making a deal with a more Chaotic warband for the moment.

Honestly if you paint them in a way that lends itself to one of those explanations it should be fine. You can file off the loyalist details too if you're willing to try it, or at least add some Chaosy bits later on when you pick up a box of Chaos marines or whatever else that'll come with extra.
>>
>>49936729
You basically got all the answers you need already in this thread.
Just wanted to add that if you have a buddy who plays loyalists you could just sell the DA to him and use the money to ebay another chaos half of the set. Or just buy two boxes right away and do it that way.
>>
So after reading all the replies I think I will still get DV since getting the chaos only from eBay would cost little less, while giving me much less models. As for buying it with a friend- he also plays chaos, so no luck here.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.