[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, can some MTG buff clarify this for me and a friend: I know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: ElectrostaticPummeler.jpg (125KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
ElectrostaticPummeler.jpg
125KB, 223x311px
Hi, can some MTG buff clarify this for me and a friend:

I know you can activate a creatures ability as often as you can pay for it. But what happens in this case?
Since every activation alters the creature's strength and life, does every activation also then iterate on the increased stats from the previous activation?

So, can he say "I pay 3 energy and make it a 2/2. Now I pay another 3 and make it a 4/4, now another 3 and make it a 8/8, etc...".? To me, this does not sound right. Shouldn't he have to pay everything at once and have it resolve just once for the entire amount of energy paid?
>>
>>49931123
No he shouldn't, you were right the first time. He can pay to double then pay again and then again as many times as he has the energy for.
>>
No he doesnt have to. If he activates the ability 3 times he would become a 2/2 then a 4/4 then an 8/8. He can do this at any time he wants. It doesnt have to be consecutively. As long as he has energy to activate it.
>>
Okay, thanks alot guys!
>>
>>49931123
No, it doubles each time based on what it has after each double.
Yes, that means you can get it to 40/40 trample with a Larger than Life and 9 energy in turn 4.
Yes, it's pretty strong. Buy your playset now.
>>
>>49931272
>Buy your playset two weeks ago.
FTFY
>>
>>49931410
>Sell your playset 2 weeks ago
ftfy
>>
>>49931123
>Shouldn't he have to pay everything at once and have it resolve just once for the entire amount of energy paid?
Of course not. Never mind mechanics, if that were the case the card would be overcosted trash. The doubling in the part that gives it an actual function. Without that, the ability may as well read "Pay EEE: ~ gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
>>
>>49931485
But they were worth peanuts 2 weeks ago, why would you sell them then ?
>>
>>49931123
Don't play Kaladesh meme cards. It's that simple.
>>
>>49933127
Why?
>>
>>49933742
Haven't you heard of our new UW flash overlords?
>>
>>49933852
Im pretty fresh to MTG. What does UW mean, "uncolored white"?
>>
>>49933960
new here as well, but from what I can extrapolate:
>B: black
>W: white
>G: green
>U: blue
>R: red
>>
>>49933988
Correct.
There are actually some misprints that say "Pay U: [effect]" on them, instead of having a blue mana icon.
>>
>>49933988
>>49934018
I see
>>
>>49933742
because Kaladesh is not magic: the gathering anymore. Vehicles is where we draw the line.
>>
>>49934196
I didn't realise the community felt so strongly about that mechanic.
>>
>>49934196
what exactly makes vehicles so not-magic?
>>
>>49934196
Really
I could see somebody getting autistic about energy maybe as its a pretty major shakeup but what the hell is wrong with vehicles. (Aside from them all being either underpowered or overpowered)
>>
>>49934365
They don't, most players are fine with the mechanic itself. The most substantive objection to it is that they're all either great or shit, nothing inbetween.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.