[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me make a shadowrun 5e character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1476848522205.png (373KB, 500x619px) Image search: [Google]
1476848522205.png
373KB, 500x619px
long story short my character died and i need help making a new one since im very new to the game
now heres the thing, i wanna min/max him
not because im a munchkin but because everyone else in the party is very good at what they do and im tired of feeling useless in every situation
the dm helped me make a shaman but i was stretched too thin and had nothing to contribute 99% of the time
first things first i dont want to try to compete with the rest of the party for a niche so heres the crew:
>decker/face
>mage/support
>tank/samurai
>bounty hunter/adept
>demolition/rigger
this being said how could i build a character that can fit into this group and how would i most efficiently build it?
also no technomancers allowed
>>
>>49926996
Be a greedy Jew and make money for the party
>>
>>49926996
More in-depth about your party, please?
Maybe there's some kind of party dynamic you could complement.
>>
>>49927419
>decker/face
hacks and negotiates, not very good in combat but i shouldnt talk shit
>mage/support
strong spellcaster and sniper, can summon as well
>tank/samurai
big ass troll, can take a .50 caliber volley and live, chops everything in half in one shot
>bounty hunter/adept
decent shot and fighter very jack of all trades
>demolition/rigger
drives, controls drones, blows shit up
me(previously)
sneaky shaman not good at anything
>>
>>49927775
Being the Infiltrator seems to be what's missing. You can go with a Sam Fisher/Solid Snake type of infiltrator, or a Joe Nobody that walks into places you shouldn't just by being really unnoticeable and/or look like you belong there.
So you being sneaky still works, just tweak that into more interesting details. Like, maybe, he's the recipient of some kind of gene therapy gone wrong that makes him so unnoticeable - or maybe it went just as planned? Or maybe he's a hacker that's obsessed with the culture of anonymity, and realized that wearing a mask just makes you more noticeable.
Think up of character hooks that would fit your character.
>>
>>49927913
thats definitely one way to go
get the bland and erased traits
but i also wanted to take a more active role in the group
>>
>>49928190
Social infiltrator/physical adept. If your down for it go with a shape changing adept, someone who can body double or replace a mark. Very roleplay in yes I've way to go but it's a lot of fun if your up for it and very useful. Take some combat abilities too so you can fight your way out in a pinch or backstab a motherfucker.
>>
>>49928245
PhysAd would be a way to go. But myself, I love cliches. I would go full on ninja/everyman archetype. Be the guy who can be ANYONE. Small framed asian male/female that can easily blend as either and fit into anywhere and be ignored. Lots of rp opportunities, even if they are just watching a scene while being unnoticeable. Slip into places setup things for the team. Be the guy that joins the janitors of the building you are going to be hitting in a few weeks. Stash weapons and ammo throughout the building. Place foci that the summoner can send spirits to and have them wait for for orders. Slip in and plant listening devices and electronic comms equipment that would allow the rigger to send drones in or allow the decker to hack remotely. Discover how many, what type of weapons and best countermeasures for the security team that your troll has to take out.

Basically, be the guy that EVERYONE on your team wants to do something for them to make their job easier.

And when combat comes around. Sit back and laugh, knowing that you made it all possible. You don't need to down a fucker to know that you were their death.
>>
>>49928967
i like the idea i really do
the problem is the gm
my last character sucked at everything but stealth and believe me i tried to do that at every opportunity
but it wasnt happening
want to sneak in?
>50 thermal camera's and 30 guards around the perimeter
well ill use magic to...
>nope there's 3 layers of barriers 5 lv 8 spirits and 4 mages in the facility
our last 2 major mission came down to the big boss inviting us to his house/ dojo and fighting us there
(at which point the troll would stomp them to death all by himself)
>>
>>49931787
Sounds like a boring group

I guess you could go full summoner, I enjoyed that when I played my cult leader.
>Blowing maxed out edge to summon ridiculous force spirits
>Only surviving because of the obscene cocktail of drugs snorted+injected before hand ... and the team's medic on standby.
>Spending some of our key sessions directing spirits from my hospital bed because an excess of ambition almost left my brain dripping from my ears.
And there are so many fun archetypes with the summoner - new cult leader, voodoo priest, angel-summoning religious zealot, Mexican black magic-cartel operative fusion.
>>
>>49931787
That's unfortunate anon. Either talk to your GM and ask them to try and broaden the avaliable routes to the target or make a combat infiltrator. Armored tactical suit, go full Solid Snake running point man for the roflstomp troll.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.