[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so right? This is easily the best set since original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Kaladesh.jpg (104KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
Kaladesh.jpg
104KB, 700x350px
What went so right? This is easily the best set since original Innistrad
>>
The fluff is bad. Uninspired digital art. Storyline is shit.
>>
Go spend time with your family Mark. The set was weak. Energy and Fabricate are some of the most boring mechanics every created, the art is almost exclusively terrible outside of a few of the lands, and inventions are an embarrassing money grab. This game is long gone - I can only bear to play legacy because I would feel guilty giving actual money to this company.
>>
File: 8612984_f260.jpg (24KB, 260x266px) Image search: [Google]
8612984_f260.jpg
24KB, 260x266px
>>49922862
My tumblr followers love it!
>>
>>49922862
Disagree with some of your points. Energy is an interesting limited mechanic that makes for some fun synergy and the applications for Aetherworks Marvel, Pummeler, Tower and Aether Hub fixing are all very viable. I would not mind seeing more Energy support in Aether Revolt and possibly in the future. The inventions are going to be great for the constructed format as it will ultimately reduce the price of other chase cards in the set, so I'm certainly happy with that.
>>
File: Spirebluff-Canal-Kaladesh-Art.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Spirebluff-Canal-Kaladesh-Art.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>49922714
some of the art is amazing
>>
>>49922965
Oh wow, can you share where you got this high res version? I'd love to look at more of the lands. Botanical Sanctum is particularly pretty.
>>
>>49922862
Inventions are not a money grab. It's a place to reprint cards without fucking standard for two years like what happened with Mutavault and Thoughtseize
>>
>>49922983
http://www.artofmtg.com/set/kaladesh/
>>
>>49923091
Except that's patently false, the masterpiece cards aren't printed in any reasonable enough quantity to be considered a reprint of any real effect. It's worse than the masters sets in that regard (and keep in mind, Tarmogoyf's price has gone UP with every reprinting because they're coming nowhere close to sating demand with the miniscule addition to supply.)

This masterpiece flop is good because it shows that the prices of those cards aren't wholly inelastic. There is a price that people won't pay for premium cards, and to a lesser extent for cards in general. But the speculationism needs to be reined in, and the only way Wizards can do that is if they reprint cards in large enough quantities to make those kinds of speculative buys inefficient or ineffective.

for all of the shit that YGO has done wrong, their Infinite Gold series did it right - it was an unlimited print run of almost exclusively high-demand cards, and it MASSACRED the prices of a lot of them. And no one went on a bitchfit about their binder value going up in smoke.
>>
>>49923251
So you want a new reserved list. Sorry, but I don't argue with retards. This is a collector's game before a player's game.
>>
>>49923284
Did you even read their post? You seem to be the one who wants a new reserved list, you just said it's a collector's game before a player's game which couldn't be farther from the truth. The majority of the games revenue comes from players. The post you're replying to is someone who wants wizards to come up with a reprint strategy that offers more availability beyond $80 crucible of worlds reprints.
>>
File: dwight_fact.jpg (171KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
dwight_fact.jpg
171KB, 625x415px
>>49923284
>This is a collector's game before a player's game.

Pretty much this. Magic the Gathering really isn't even a game anymore. It's basically a puzzle to "solve" like D&D 3.5 was, except there's no real point because by the time you figure out the first iota of it, two thousand other retards have already solved the meta of that set and posted the best decks on the internet.

Collecting the cards is fucking stupid because the market for them swings all over the place. Wizards is literally prevented from balancing their game because they don't want backlash from crashing the secondary market. The autistic cunts who buy up all these cards have them by the balls. I say, fuck em. Let their cards go worthless, or soar in price so they can't get them. The "collectors" of this game are collecting literal cardboard that will degrade in another 40 years. It isn't collecting, it's just hoarding shit to sell for money later on. Except most of the Modern investors will lose their investment when Modern dies in another five years. The game is entirely pay-to-win and you can find the objectively best decks online, there is no point to homebrewing a deck anymore. It's like climbing Everest by foot instead of taking the (free) ski lift. And does brewing get you any extra prizes? Nope, in fact you probably wasted even more money tuning the deck. Unless you play with Proxies. Oh wait, Wizards made that illegal, too.

Anyone who still plays this game is an idiot. It's been utterly ruined by popularity, subformats, and Hasbro. Heathstone is raping the shit out of its sales and the game will be dead within 10 years. I suggest you get out while you can.
>>
>>49923284
A new reserved list is the OPPOSITE of what I want you retard. I want wizards to be able to reprint these cards whose prices are insanely inflated by speculah in amounts that will force a secondary market correction.

Right now the biggest challenge is that new cards can't enter modern (or frontier once that meme gets going) without going through standard first, and Ian Duke's pet babby dev team won't allow anything that's actually GOOD to get through. The Modern Master/Eternal Masters is a good idea but they need to change two things.
1) fill it with cards that people actually want and not memes like long-forgotten gohei or conclave phalanx.
2) print enough packs to where there will actually be a downward push on price from the supply-side catching up to demand.

Without those, the problem is going to only worsen until the bubble gets too big even for the speculators to deal with.
>>
>>49923251
>And no one went on a bitchfit about their binder value going up in smoke.

That's because YGO players are used to Konami tanking the secondary market every other month.
>>
>>49923494
So you're saying it's okay when Konami does it?
>>
>>49923438
Conspiracy 2 did a better job with a few strategic reprints than the Master series did. Show and Tell, Serum Visions, and IoK all experienced massive drops without being rendered worthless.
>>
>>49923549
It doesn't matter if it's "okay" or not. That's just the current state of affairs.
>>
>>49923577
You know why? Because it was an UNLIMITED PRINT RUN. And people liked the cards in the set.
>>
>>49923577
>>49923640
There was actually some talk from WotC once about the idea of including high value reprints in Unhinged 3 in order to actually sell the set. I think Conspiracy may have been the culmination of that idea. Actual Conspiracy or Draft-Matters cards are largely worthless to open for people cracking packs, so it would've faced a lot of the same problems as Uncards. The allure of Dack Fayden, Show and Tell, and chase rares outweigh the downsides, so people even buy random packs from Walmart.
>>
>>49922965

But that's terrible. Look at the velvet on the ship - it looks like the artist's computer locked up as he was drawing it.
>>
>>49923935
I like it
>>
>>49923913
Here's the thing that really pisses me off - WotC has said a big reason why Modern/Eternal Masters is a very limited print run is because they don't want people cracking packs and thinking they can take decks made from those packs to FNM.

Conspiracy is the same problem but even worse because the conspiracy cards aren't even in your deck normally. What makes it different?
>>
>>49924133
They finally reprinted Serum Visions. Apparently our brains are too tiny to manage Scry on top of all the other keywords used in MM2.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.