[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Kerrigenestealer Jesus Christ.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: KERIGANBONE.jpg (211KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
KERIGANBONE.jpg
211KB, 800x800px
>Kerrigenestealer
Jesus Christ.
>>
Is this a real life?
>>
>>49921396
Is this just fanta sea?
>>
>>49921367
>always wanted to make a genestealer cult with Kerrigan leader
>see this
>lie down
>try not to hyperventilate
>hyperventilate profusely
>>
>>49921367
I don't mind. I mean Zergs stole from Tyranids, so...
>>
>>49921454
Anon, will you have to change your pants if I provide a link to where you can buy it?
>>
>>49921410
Caught in a laaandslide~
>>
>>49921367
Kerrigan vs Swarmlord when?
>>
http://wargameexclusive.com/product-tag/kerrigene/
>>
>15 eurodollars.
>>
>>49921566
That's still cheaper than GW character miniatures, but I see your point.
>>
>>49921491
I think that /tg/ smut threads are hanging around /d/ or /trash/ these days, go check with them.
>>
>>49921478
Oh anon, I knew the company the moment I saw the pic. I just didn't know they had made it until now.
>>
>>49921470
All of Starcraft is stolen from warhammer 40k
>>
File: fuck chechnya.jpg (109KB, 470x750px) Image search: [Google]
fuck chechnya.jpg
109KB, 470x750px
>>49921910
good joke sir
>>
>>49922249
he is right you idiot
>>
>>49921485
>>49921410
>>49921396
REDDIT PLS GO AND STAY GO
>>
>>49922277
The Tyranids pre-zerg looked nothing like them, it was only after the Zerg came out that they then took on their dino-bug like form they're known for today.
>>
File: spring outfits.png (329KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
spring outfits.png
329KB, 400x500px
>>49922277
yup, sure, 100% right will make sure to email GW about a lawsuit to blizzard
>>
>>49922321
The huge thing in the back with sword hands
>nids stole from zerg
>>
>>49921910
both stole from aliens/hr giger
>>
>>49922353
Hell, outside the Zerg and Tyranids, Starcraft actually shares very little with 40k, the Terran Marines only vaguely look like Space Marines in the sense both use colorful huge armor, but play more like Orks mixed with Imp Guard.

The Protoss'es only similarity with the Eldar is being a low unit/population psychic race that's older then the others, with their lowest infantry being heavily armored and shielded and only getting sturdier from then on it with a focus in rapid melee with their only ranged options being vehicles, only in the latest game finally getting ranged infantry, compared to the super fragile Eldar with a wide variety of troop choices.
>>
>>49921910
>>49922321
>>49922326

If I recall, the whole GW/Blizz thing started when GW asked Blizz to make them a game and then pulled the deal out without paying for anything when said game was already mostly done. So Blizz went "fuck you" and barely adjusted a few things before releasing it themselves and that was warcraft 1.

So, when Blizzard copies off GW material, it comes off less as lack of creativity and more like vengeful dicking. Which I'm more willing to forgive, given how much GW deserve to be dicked with.

The similarities are superficial, anyway. To be frank, even though Blizzard are retards with their lore, they STILL usually manage to pull off their "ripoffs" better than GW does, which says a lot about how shit GW are at it. I find the zerg way more interesting than the tyranids, for example.
>>
>>49922443
Yet originally the first StarCraft was going to be a licensed 40k game, but negotiations fell through on the price.
So Blizzard reworked their design in what we know and love today.

It is not just an Urban Myth, that is what happened.
>>
>>49921367
Personally I prefer her reversed version more.

And yes, that's actually coming to HotS.
>>
>>49922443
There's a meme - it doesn't even deserve to be called a rumor - that StarCraft was supposed to be a 40k have, originally, but there was a big divorce between GW and Blizzard so the license was pulled and some names were changed to release the game, anyway.

Which is entirely bullshit because Blizzard specifically became Blizzard because they were tarred with the debacle that was Death of Superman, the last licensed game they ever made.

There was a retrospective posted a couple of years ago where, I think, Mike Morhaime was literally the only person that wanted to make a Warhammer game and he was overruled by pretty much the entire rest of the company. End of the day, the only thing that came directly from GW was the green orc aesthetic - and even then, there's a big difference between how their orcs are characterized.
>>
>>49922553
>If I recall, the whole GW/Blizz thing started when GW asked Blizz to make them a game and then pulled the deal out without paying for anything when said game was already mostly done. So Blizz went "fuck you" and barely adjusted a few things before releasing it themselves and that was warcraft 1.
You recall incorrectly, see >>49922589.

>>49922558
>Yet originally the first StarCraft was going to be a licensed 40k game, but negotiations fell through on the price.
This is also incorrect.
>>
>>49921470
Because the Nids are totally not the bugs from Heinlein's starship troopers. NOTHING in 40k is original, it's all of space opera sci-fi thrown in a blender and cranked to 11 on the grim dark meter.
>>
>>49922640
>Because the Nids are totally not the bugs from Heinlein's starship troopers.

Not really. I mean, the bugs in the novel were using bio-engineering technology, rather than being some super-evolved monsters. They had laser weapons, vat grown troops were stored in stasis, etc. They were proper aliens, not space monsters.
>>
>>49922806
He probably just saw the movie.

I'm not hating, it is a fun movie, and I'll admit I never even knew it was about a book until ROTC in college when we had to read it..
>>
>>49922640
Nids weren't all that insectod (is that a word?) in the beginning though.
>>
>>49922589
>There was a retrospective posted a couple of years ago where, I think, Mike Morhaime was literally the only person that wanted to make a Warhammer game and he was overruled by pretty much the entire rest of the company.

I remember precisely what you're talking about and it was Allen Adham, actually:

>Allen Adham hoped to obtain a license to the Warhammer universe to try to increase sales by brand recognition. Warhammer was a huge inspiration for the art-style of Warcraft, but a combination of factors, including a lack of traction on business terms and a fervent desire on the part of virtually everyone else on the development team (myself included) to control our own universe nixed any potential for a deal. We had already had terrible experiences working with DC Comics on "Death and Return of Superman" and "Justice League Task Force", and wanted no similar issues for our new game.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5929157/the-making-of-warcraft-part-1

Coincidentally, I believe that Games Workshop was being exclusively licensed by Electronic Arts at that point in the early '90s so even if Blizzard HAD wanted to make a Warhammer game, they wouldn't have been able to.
>>
>>49922585
>Coming to
It is already in-game.
>>
>>49922353
That was the original Carnifex model, then known as 'Tyranid Screamer Killer'. Damn thing weighed a fucking ton too.
>>
>>49922443
>The Protoss'es only similarity with the Eldar is being a low unit/population psychic race that's older then the others, with their lowest infantry being heavily armored and shielded and only getting sturdier from then on it with a focus in rapid melee with their only ranged options being vehicles, only in the latest game finally getting ranged infantry, compared to the super fragile Eldar with a wide variety of troop choices.

Not anymore, SC2 Toss are just a copypaste of Eldars.

I wish nids got something like the Cerebrates and the Overmind
>>
>>49923929
Things like the hive tyrants don't count?
>>
>>49921566
Honestly, you only need/want one in an army, it's not like you have to buy a regiment of them.
>>
>>49923929
>Not anymore, SC2 Toss are just a copypaste of Eldars.
Still no but I can understand why you might think so. You know, what with you being a 40kfag and all.
>>
>>49922302
>queen chain
>reddit

mcfucking kill yourself my man
>>
>>49921367
CARRIER HAS ARRIVED
>>
>>49923929
>SC2 toss are just a copypaste of eldars
no, no they're really not.

at all.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.