[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /tg/ like to run dungeon crawlers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1474411009841.png (2MB, 818x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1474411009841.png
2MB, 818x1076px
Does /tg/ like to run dungeon crawlers?
>>
Dungeon crawlimg is like prehistoric cave paintings
Sure, it is historically significant as both started something great. Be it art or ttrpgs. Were an achievement for their times and paved the way for better things.
But doing either nowadays usually means you're retarded
>>
Just dropped by to say that artwork is cool.
>>
>>49918530
Yes, occasionally. They're comfy.
>>
>>49920178
I feel like dungeons are a pretty good theme park ride for when you want to test out every PC's skillset. Runes to decipher, underwater sections to explore, puzzles to go through together, combat encounters on enemy turf that you can figure out.
>>
Fuck yes, dungeon crawling is awesome and you should ignore guys like >>49918691
>>
>>49918530
Of course. What kind of fag doesnt like dunheon crawling?
>>
>>49920572
Well, you could hear an argument that they're just pointless combat ventures without any real plot.

Some players prefer to get their combat from video games.
>>
>>49920601
>Well, you could hear an argument that they're just pointless combat ventures without any real plot.

But that's wrong, idiot.
>>
>>49920637
Oh, I know, friend.
>>
>>49918530
once in a while i get this itch
>>
>>49920601
>pointless combat
No such thing
>>
>>49918530
>dungeon crawlers
Are these a breed of migratory carrion crawler?
>>
>>49918530
/tg/ plays d&d. what do you think?
>>
Crawls represent what most players really want: Not too much importance, not too much fame, but some adventure here and there. We want to play ourselves - not that important in the grand scheme of things - but important as hell in the small scheme of things.
>>
>>49924701
>We want to play ourselves
I thought the whole point of rpgs was playing someone else.
>>
>>49921754
Niche species. If the dungeons go extinct, so do they.
>>
I really like the idea of a dungeon crawl
>comfy
>tests adventurer's abilities, meatgrinder style
>tells a specific story

Doesn't have to be huge and ridiculous either. Do a one-session five-room dungeon or a three session story arc. Cool stuff.
>>
I grew up gming for Shadowrun. No need for crawls, because a magic fantasu libertarian sci fi modern society has unlimited potential for making shit up as you go. It's intuitive because everyone knows modern society.

Its harder in dnd.
>>
>>49924757
That's the theory, but that's not what really happens. The unacknowledged motivation is - for most players - a desire to play a better version of ourselves.
>>
>>49924924
>Shadowrun doesn't have dungeons
Just because it's above ground...
>>
I would love to run a dungeon crawl, unfortunately my ideas for dungeons suck and my players are never around.
>>
>>49924924
Every run that involves breaking in and out of a higly secure facility is pretty much a dungeon crawl.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.