[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sss/ - Super Stand Sunday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

File: sss.jpg (14KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
sss.jpg
14KB, 259x194px
Post Stands, come up with Stands, rate each-others Stands

For a quick Stand, use the following method-
>http://music.wikia.com/wiki/Music_Wiki
Hit random for the name.
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki
Same deal for the powers.
OR just use
>http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~dft29/Stand_Generator/Stand-Generation-Overdrive.html

Then, write it up

>http://jjba.wikia.com/wiki/Stand
Everything you ever wanted to know about Stands, but were too afraid to ask.

Next post for systems.
>>
File: I feel that feeling deeply.png (63KB, 160x395px) Image search: [Google]
I feel that feeling deeply.png
63KB, 160x395px
>>49916345

>Bizarre Adventures D6 [New]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13eEx_E7y76y14IKGSN7rPWP3AXl1nz2ajlyylsL7DUw/view

>Bizarre Adventures D10
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tgHTQY5OfUQMxXNLbBQd-Wrwv5fLSax-RGOsXuUUmIs/edit

>JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - The RPG
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ReSnZDUvIhpCG0X_8S5C-7P5vBRUb0P08gedAvs0oMc/view

>Expansion: Paranormal Beings and Battle Techniques [New]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WX2tdei5Hb47QEwOxVEykriPsRE3t1slEiSrI3gSTss/view

>Bizarre Adventures D100
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V5mZwgz_Y0L-eoFsZwiPab53vpXQHNSfMY-wjDImPYA/edit

>Heroic Roleplaying
Attached File

>Fan Parts
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C5o0VJW_kHTvTuOu8vxpF_mF5zoZ1lwYuBFJ5eQKzis/edit
>>
File: heroic rp JoJo.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
heroic rp JoJo.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49916355
Shit I fucked up the copypasting, I'll kill myself once I'm done starting the thread to make up for it

>HOW DO I INTO JOJO /TG/? (In no particular order)
>Mutants & Masterminds
>Marvel Heroic
>FATE (Next post has a hack)
>Savage Worlds
>Monsters and Other Childish Things
>Don't Rest Your Head
>Shadowrun (Adept or Mystic Adept with a Geas of POSING)
>attached file on previous post

>idea topic
What are your experiences with JoJo RPGs? Have you ever played or ran one? Do you want to play one? I do. Any GMs ITT?
>>
>>49916373
>topic isn't stand idea prompt
Anyway, vaguely planning on running a Jojo campaign, but I'm a huge faggot and am terrible at getting ideas and players together in the same room. Doesn't help that I usually set myself up to think up more thinks that I should, and I still haven't gotten the grips on what to plan and how much to plan for TTRPGs.
>>
>>49917730
>thinks
fucking kill me now
it's things

Also what do you guys think of using a Stand with no gimmick for a first encounter? First encounter will be where the party gets their stands, and I'm thinking of the enemy being a guy that just has a stand with As in most stats, but no ability, thus being susceptible to their opponent's gimmicks. Thinking about calling it 「Real Love」 (based on the Yes song), unless someone else has cool ideas for that song's stand.
>>
>>49916345
Stand name: http://musichub.wikia.com/wiki/My_Name_Is
Power: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Deprivation
>>
>>49917775
Eh, I'm involved in a game using a homebrew system. Our first encounter was a Stand where its gimmick was that is had six bodies. That was it. Otherwise, it was just a regular Stand, with mediocre stats (nothing higher than a C, IIRC). Wasn't bad as first encounters go. Good way to introduce how combat works.
>>
>>49917817
Did you guys start the campaign as stand users?
The plan for my campaign's first session is:
>You're in [undecided place, maybe bank or something, we'll go with that for now]
>waiting in line when suddenly an unarmed man demands the cashier hand over the money
>the cashier laughs at first, until a hole is punched into the man next to him by some invisible force
>as they all get on the ground, scared, they're both touched on the shoulder by a strangely dressed woman
>as the bank robber comes back from behind the counter, where he was further threatening the cashier and ensuring they couldn't push and silent alarms, they see he is followed by a strange floating humanoid
>the woman explains that it is a Stand, and tells them to unleash theirs in order to stop the bank robber from causing harm
>they stop the bank robber using their stands, not really knowing how
>they walk outside the bank and the woman hails for a taxi on the empty street
>one appears out of nowhere, as they get in they seem unable to discern the driver's face as it is shadowed by his hat
>the woman hands the man a $100 bill (or some such) and a pack of cigarettes, asking him to drive to their hotel
>the driver takes off in a straight direction, despite the hotel being in a totally different direction, however he insists that this is the right way and will get them there quickly
>he takes multiple cassette tapes out of the centre of the car and loads them into the cassette player
>as he listens to each song, he assigns one to each person in the car, minus the strange woman, and explains their abilities
>the taxi arrives at their location, in record time no less, and they get out
>the woman walks them into the hotel and describes some basic plot stuff - her ability, the taxi driver and what she wants them to do
>>
File: Hotline_Bling.png (848KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Hotline_Bling.png
848KB, 1400x1400px
>>49916345
「Hotline Bling」
Power: E
Speed: E
Precision: E
Range: A
Durability: N/A
Potential: A
「Hotline Bling」is a long-ranged stand that takes the shape of a handheld phone. Its primary ability is to turn any object that could be held in your hand into a phone, much in the same way Diavolo "called" Doppio through objects. Its secondary ability is that 「Hotline Bling」 can call anyone its user has seen either in a form of media or in real life, as long as that person is alive and a nearby object could become a phone. Its third and final ability is that as long as the person being called by 「Hotline Bling」 stays on the "phone", its user can sense exactly where the "phone", and thus the contacted person, is.

「Hotline Bling」's user utilizes the near-endless range of his/her stand in conjunction with another stand user to track down their target. It is however easily countered by the fact that if the target of the stand's ability never picks up the phone, the tracking ability does not take effect.
>>
>>49917730
If you need players I'm down if it's online

tommy.middleton8 on Skype, I can make any time post 5pm GMT on a Tuesday or Friday, 7pm on a Monday or Wednesday, 4pm on a Saturday or any time on a Sunday.
>>
>>49918209
「TNT」
Power: A/B
Speed: C/A
Precision: C
Durability: B
Potential: D
「TNT」 is a lithe red humanoid stand with two bulky gauntlets on its fists and two blue straps decorated with white stars crossing its body diagonally. Its primary ability is to launch its gauntlets to a predesignated point at 30km/h. Once it reaches this point, the gauntlet creates an explosion equivalent to a stick of dynamite going off. It then returns to the stand's hand at 90km/h. Its secondary ability is that it can fire the fingers of its gauntlets out like missiles, seeking out any nearby targets and creating smaller, but just as powerful blasts on impact. While the gauntlets are off, 「TNT」 gets a significant speed boost, being able to attack and block faster, but at the cost of raw damage.

「TNT」's user works alongside the user of 「Hotline Bling」 to commit long-ranged assassinations for their boss. However, much like Hol Horse and J. Geil, without the tracking capability of 「Hotline Bling」, the primary ability of 「TNT」 falls flat.
>>
>>49918494
「~」 (currently unnamed stand)
Power: B
Speed: B
Precision: B
Range: E
Durability: A
Porential: C
「~」 is a standard punchghost stand with the ability to repeat a second of time up to 10 times, resetting all but the user's timelines. The time repeats wipe the memories of those not within 30 meters of the stand, with those near the outside of the effect having vague senses of deja vu. Anything that happens to anyone but the user within the repeated second is undone, and only the user may move freely during the repeated time. This "free movement" looks like teleportation to outside viewers.

Its user can utilize the time repeats to generate "ghost sensations", such as the feeling of being hurt or killed, in enemies by looping time and attacking during the loop. Although the target is not actually harmed once the loop ends, their nerves will still tingle from the damage "taken", causing agony, and in rare cases where the senses are overloaded, death.
>>
「PINBALL WIZARD」

Appearance:
A slightly short, thin man, with blue skin, a long white beard and an otherwise mechanical appearance, lacking eyes on his face but wearing a tall, wide-brimmed pointed hat covered in them. It normally floats behind him in a lotus position.

Attributes:
Precision A
Speed B
Range C
Power C
Durability D
Learning B

「Pinball Wizard」 possesses two main abilities. Firstly, its Bouncing Control allows it to control how any thrown objects or people bounce off of a flat surface. It can use this ability on its own user to let him bounce extreme distances, but if a person moves their limbs when they're being bounced then it loses control over them. Its second ability, 「Magic In My Eyes」, gives the user complete awareness of his surroundings within the Stand's range. The Stand User is half-blind and deaf, using the ability to perceive his surroundings, but is also a genius mathematician and can use his awareness to work out how bullets ricochet through geometry without using bouncing control.
>>
>>49916345
Bumping this thread so it doesn't die like last time
>>
I'm considering running a JoJo RPG. And by that I mean blatantly ripping off the game that some guy posted here at some point in the last fortnight while changing just enough to make it not a complete clone. Only issue is none of my IRL friends have actually watched JoJo, and the guy online who got me into it doesn't have time.
>>
File: Title card.png (1MB, 1650x1275px) Image search: [Google]
Title card.png
1MB, 1650x1275px
I'm currently running a game with my IRL friends, I'm not that great at gming, but they seem to tolerate me for some reason.

The plot is your standard Part 3 ripoff. The party accidentally stuck their nose in Donald Trump's business, Trump's goons kidnap one of the (former) party members, and now the rest are travelling to New York to get their friend back and find out what the hell is going on.

>Highlights
A party member channeling his inner Sonic Adventure 2 and repeatedly interrupting dialogue
The party accidentially walking into a Fire Emblem game
The JoJo nearly dying of heat stroke in a snowstorm
The party being kept awake by a stand called 「Bananaphone」, that could turn any object into a phone, via relentless prank calling
>>
>>49920257
Sounds gun, anon.
I personally want to make a part 5 clone that takes place in Las Vegas with the BBEG being a mob boss that wants to get the other mafias into a war so that he can stage a coup and take control of Vegas
>>
File: tmp_2525-gagarin-1670229833.jpg (74KB, 640x793px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2525-gagarin-1670229833.jpg
74KB, 640x793px
I've wanted to run a game set in the late 60s, because it's a travesty there aren't any parts set during that time. There can be communist plots, drugs and sex, and space race shenanigans.

Final Boss stand would be that of a KGB top operative, [Dark Side of the Moon]. Stats, something like
Speed: B
Destructive Power: A
Durability: C
Precision: C
Development: D

It's primary ability would be the ability to make tides and massive waves anywhere. It's secondary ability would be the ability to make people enraged ("lunacy") by influencing their body's tides. Wielder would be stereotypical buff guy, stand would look like pic related.
>>
「Eminence Front」
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yuOw5k5_OM

Stats:
Power [D] / Speed [D] / Range [E] / Durability [C] / Precision [B] / Potential [C]

Appearance:
This Stand manifests as an emaciated humanoid with tanned flesh colored skin and gold painted finger and toe nails. The Stand wears a golden, Venetian style mask with highly elaborate designs detailing stars that covers the Stand's entire face.「Eminence Front」wears Versace sunglasses over the mask that completely obscure its eyes and have the word “FAME” in gold lettering on the sides of the frames.

Ability:
This Stand scans the minds of people around it in a minor form of telepathy, once it finds a common identity「Eminence Front」disguises its User's appearance and voice as a person deemed “famous” or “important” by the public. For example, if this power was to be used in a bank then the user would be disguised as the bank manager. It is an easier task for「Eminence Front」to scan the mind of a single individual and find someone they consider important. The illusion expires after “15 minutes of fame” and must be reapplied after the glamour fades.
>>
>>49920257
I'm running a game for my friends too, had a lot of trouble figuring out how to start it off so I went the part 3 ripoff route as well with some other stuff thrown in.

So far I've managed to introduce the party to each other, the concept of stands (only one of the pc's is a jojofag), and the stand arrow

Here's what they came up with:
>[Spaceman]
Standard punchghost with the ability to hyper-analyze things by "unmasking" them. Basically a stronger version of joseph's power.
Appears as a humanoid wearing a trench coat and fedora that cover up all of its body aside from the glowing goggles it wears over its eyes.

>[New Machines]
A swarm stand that can form its individual units into different weapons a la wonderful 101
Appears as a swarm of mechanical silver scarabs

>[Valleys of Neptune]
ACT stand (currently in ACT 1) that can change its body into any physical state of water. The user is also a hamon user so at some point he'll be able to channel ripple through the stand for some crazy shenanigans.
Appears as a blue humanoid with fish-like features and a huge red dorsal fin. Its torso resembles a spartan breastplate and from the waist down it has a tail made up of liquid water
>>
>>49917775
some guy posted a thread a while ago talking about his campaign.
He started the players against a guy with a punch ghost whose power was to just beef itself up more. That seems to me like a good way to give players a feel for the game without overwhelming them.
>>
>>49921138
Sounds better than having a King Crimson style villain to deal with.
>>1359607
>>
Is Epitaph always running for Diavolo? Or is it something he needs to focus on?
>>
>>49921295
Always running.
>>
>>49921295
I believe it's something he has to consciously activate.
>>
>>49918365
Sorry dude, irl campaign. When I say I have trouble getting players and ideas in the same room I'm talking more about scheduling issues.
>>
>>49918365
>>49919907

Guy who made these posts here, just so everyone knows I'm looking for players for this game. System is currently undecided, I'm considering using M&M 3E but it's not certain. Contact me if you want in, details are in the first post.
>>
File: sinister metallic noises.jpg (59KB, 600x896px) Image search: [Google]
sinister metallic noises.jpg
59KB, 600x896px
Behold my Stand

「 DEATH MAGNETIC 」

With the power to accelerate objects towards or away from him
To deflect and stop projectiles, or to bring opponents into range at speed to hit them with a weapon and make them go flying further than they would from impact.
It can even increase the range and accuracy of firearms by adding linear velocity to them to reduce the effects of bullet drop.
>>
The main villain in my campaign has a stand called 「NEVERMORE」. Anyone have a good idea for some stand powers?
>>
How do you guys go about getting a group to start a campaign with. I keep on trying to get some friends of mine to start it up, but none of them are Jojo fags, nor do they seem interested in a Jojo based game.
>>
>>49924122
This is an incredibly lame play on the name, but how about the stand gives off an aura where everyone/thing/action inside can only have 1 instance of it occur inside the aura.
Stand punch rush? Only a single punch allowed. Machine gun fire? 1 bullet only.
You could use it with game mechanics for whatever system you use as well. Only 1 movement action allowed while in the aura etc.

Could make a lot of interesting scenarios/puzzles with an ability like that.
>>
>>49924181
Show them some of the more ridiculous moments from the series, (Bastet and Tonio come to mind) and ask: "Would you guys like to do a campaign where stuff like this happens?"
>>
>>49924181
Getting them to watch Jojo is obviously a start.
If they have given it a shot and aren't interested I wouldn't really force the issue. I would hate if my friend kept pushing for a game set in a series I didn't like after making it clear I didn't like it.
Maybe ask for them to just try a one shot and see if they have fun?
>>
>>49926888
Not him, but I know a few of my irl friends who might like a JoJo game. One or two of them are anime fans who I dont believe have seen it yet, and the other fucking loves over the top shit like they do in JoJo.

Would probably have them fight a couple nameless Standless thugs to get them used to how Stands work without being in much danger, then have them face a Stand user or two shortly afterwards.

I posted here a while back having a long lsit of Stand ideas without a concrete setting or story to how they tie together, including Fly Like an Eagle(+Requiem), Propane Nightmare, Disco Inferno, Better Than You, and Star Spangled Banner.

Reworked the meteor thing a bit so it still happens, with the twist that the meteor was some space-faring Lovecraftian eldritch beast, and the pieces of it getting absorbed into people is what caused Stands to manifest. Stand users attract each other because the pieces of the creature are pulling at each other a little, trying to pull themselves back together.
>>
>Stand Name:「WILDCHALLENGER」
>Ability: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Randomization
Power - ?

Speed - D

Range - C

Durability - B

Precision - C

Potential - ?

Description: Upon activation, this stand takes on the appearance of Don Patch from BoBoBo, but without limbs or a mouth. As soon as the user wills to use it, the appearance of the stand will change in accordance to the nature of it's attack (if it even is an attack). Favorable results seem to happen more often based on the user's ability to "wig out" and his and his friend's anger. Due to the completely random nature of this stand, nobody is quite sure what would happen if it were to be Requiemed.
>>
>>49917775
bumping request for ideas for an ability for 「Real Love」 by Yes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6IPyiAG6oI
Feel like it's got potential but can't think of much. Very powerful feel to the song, very percussive.
>>
[urge to REEEEEEEEEE intensifies]
>>
>>49929715
>tfw no longer lowest tier jojo fan
i-it's not a good feel
>>
Stand Object/Automatic
Name:「Poison Rock’n’Roll」
Destructive Power- E
Speed - E
Range - A
Durability - A
Precision - C
Developmental Potential - B
Abilities: “Poison Rock’n’Roll” takes the form of a simple painting on a worn scroll. The painting depicts a winter scene, with a lamp-lit sidewalk on the edge of a forest taking up the right side of the painting. The left is mostly left blank white. “Poison Rock’n’Roll” powers manifest whenever a person views it, this person is now“Poison Rock’n’Roll”’s target. Once “Poison Rock’n’Roll” is viewed, it will leave an imprint on the area is was located at when it was viewed, appearing as a color reversal of the original painting. The target will feel sudden mild paranoia and an urge to stare at “Poison Rock’n’Roll”’s imprint. If the target resists these urges and ignores “Poison Rock’n’Roll”, the target will be afflicted with a terrible, debilitating chill that slowly grows, ending when they defeat the user, keep “Poison Rock’n’Roll”’s imprint in a direct line of sight, or die of hypothermia.
>>
Keeping this thread alive.
>>
>>49935170
>>
>>49916373
I'm running a series of one-shots with a consistent group, at the moment. Now on the third setting vote.
>>
>>49916373
Played and GM'd on separate occasions, great fun all around. We ended up using a homebrew system each time. Currently running a game set in a 1904 wild west town.
>>
>>49935433
I see you use the (" ! ^ & *) method to keep your important pictures at the top of the list.
>>
File: ^2b230b825b.jpg (21KB, 198x196px) Image search: [Google]
^2b230b825b.jpg
21KB, 198x196px
>>49935715
just the one's i use regularly
>>
「Strange Fruit」
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4ZyuULy9zs

Stats:
Power [C] / Speed [C] / Range [D] / Durability [B] / Precision [B] / Potential [C]

Appearance:
A humanoid Stand with a slender form, its skin has the pattern and texture of tree bark, hands that look like branches and from the waist down it has tree roots that hang limply. There are a few twigs and leaves that grow on the joints but otherwise this Stand's body is bare wood. The Stand's face is featureless save for two magnolia flower buds in place of its eyes, these flower buds remain closed until「Strange Fruit」uses its abilities. Around the Stand's neck is a thick cord of rope tied in a noose, pulled taught as though「Strange Fruit」were hanging from the rope. The noose rope ends a couple of centimeters above the Stand's head where the fibers of the rope fray and morph into small, pale branches with small, indigo colored leaves.

Ability:
This Stand uses the roots growing from its lower body to pierce its target's skin and drain them of blood. Draining a living being isn't necessarily fatal but if the target is a Stand User they tend to be more resilient to being drained by「Strange Fruit」. Using this ability causes the magnolia flower eyes to bloom and for leaves to sprout from the “noose branch” above its head, befitting of this Stand's vampiric nature.
After using its vampiric ability「Strange Fruit」grows a single fruit from its “noose branch”, one fruit per victim fully drained. This Stand fruit is shaped roughly like a human effigy with bluish-black skin, reddish flesh, no seeds, and is visible to those who cannot see Stands once it has been plucked from the Stand's branches. The fruit tastes incredibly bitter but has incredibly potent healing abilities, being able to cure most mundane illness in a matter of minutes after consumption and is even capable of curing illness and ailments caused by Stand power.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.