[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ - Alas, Poor Yoda Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 53

File: Skellington.jpg (356KB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
Skellington.jpg
356KB, 1536x864px
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore, and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: >>49893788

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign

Thread goal: translate your favorite Star Wars scene into Shakespearean language
>>
daily reminder that your waifu> X-wing pilot girl
>>
>>49914694
Yeah, that's why there were like dozens of CIS holdouts still fighting in the Outer Rim in both Legends and Nu-Canon.

Also I didn't like how 'The Empire won' thing was said by Ezra. The Empire WAS the Republic. It's why the Rebels in both canons don't go about restoring the symbols of the Old Republic or pretending its a restored republic but forming a brand New Republic.
>>
If youre fat you're disgusting
>>
rate

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!87:-1:7:1:U.15;31:55,-1:7:-1:U.106;35:10,-1,160,32:40:7:&sn=%2Fswg%2F%20is%20for%20faggots
>>
>>49915633
>Also I didn't like how 'The Empire won' thing was said by Ezra. The Empire WAS the Republic.
I have this weird idea that Disney is trying to frame the Empire as something different to what it traditionally was, like some kind of rival group which emerged and took over the Republic.

Kind of like if the Republic was the League of Nations, and instead of withdrawing Germany remained in the league and Hitler took over after orchestrating a puppet war between the League and someone else, and then exported Nazism to every corner of the league. They might be the same thing, but it's the dominant culture of one nation (the Empire) exporting its culture to the rest of the members.
>>
>>49915804
Why haven't you taken Chaardan on the A-wings? Could save yourself four points there coyo. Put Autothrusters on the little guy, targeting missiles on Lando, make a 1 point initiative bid.

Of course in /swg/ we assume you have every card in the game, so you need to take these suggestions with a pinch of pepper.
>>
Forever salty that the Empire is never explored further than just "the bad guyz" in every film

>dissolves stagnant bureaucracy that is the senate
>purges pendantic, non-interventionalist, also stagnant Jedi order
>establishes actual peace in the galaxy
>Builds massive navy and superweapons that give the galaxy a fighting chance against the Yuuzhan Vong

These are the bad guys really?
>>
>>49915884
>>Builds massive navy and superweapons that give the galaxy a fighting chance against the Yuuzhan Vong
Fuck you for bringing up non canon fuckspittle shit nigger whore bitch shit like the Vong.
>>
>>49915884
>liking vong

opinion discarded
>>
>>49915842
Prequel remake incoming. I'm tired of the imposed notion that the Republic was always these moral good guys that never did anything wrong until Sheev came in. I much prefer their portrayal in TOR and other legends material, including the Pius Dea stuff where the Republic has always had periods of assholery that shined through.
>>
>>49915896
Nice edge disney fag. Kindly fuck off to /tv/ so the adults can discuss lore.
>>
>>49915896
>>49915940
I want Disneyfags to leave. Jedi Fucking Prince was better than the Force Awakens. Fuck off and ask the mouse and Katie Kennedy for your salary.
>>
>>49915884

Peace through fear of genocide is a shitty peace. Government without any way for the governed to check its authority outside revolt is shitty government. Getting rid of the Jedi by making it a crime punishable by death to be a Jedi when its something you can't control and are born with is a shitty way of getting rid of the Jedi. They ARE the bad guyz.
>>
>>49915946
>>49915944
samefag
>>
I like how it doesn't take long for trolls to dig into these threads.
>>
>>49915884
>dissolves stagnant bureaucracy that is the senate
>purges pendantic, non-interventionalist, also stagnant Jedi order
>establishes actual peace in the galaxy

All legitimate.

>Builds massive navy and superweapons that give the galaxy a fighting chance against the Yuuzhan Vong

This however is fantheory bullshit that's never corroborated by any of the material. The Emperor and Empire knew precisely dick about the fucking Vong. Also what those other guys said. Fuck the Vong.
>>
>>49915957
Pretty sure the disneyfags arent trolls theyre just stupid
>>
File: implying.jpg (10KB, 349x93px) Image search: [Google]
implying.jpg
10KB, 349x93px
>>49915944
Nah, /co/ is their place. It's where they hugbox and support the notion that somehow 3 guys and like 5 droids can beat the Imperial Navy in the latest episode of their children's cartoon series.

>>49915956
>samefag

Yeah, sure... I suppose next you'll tell me pic related is shopped.

I'm not saying the Vong were great, I'm saying they're not as bad as what Disney and their Cuck Wendig puppet on strings is pushing into Star Wars. The Vong were one of the bad parts old Legends and STILL not as bad as herkily-jerkily, SOCIAL MEDIA IN STAR WARS and the Empire falling in a single year.
>>
>>49915842
>I have this weird idea that Disney is trying to frame the Empire as something different to what it traditionally was, like some kind of rival group which emerged and took over the Republic.

It's note entirely wrong. The Empire has always been a deliberate nod to the Nazis, and even leaving that aside we know that Palpatine supplanted the traditional sources of power in the Republic with his new party elite, culminating in him abolishing the senate entirely.
>>
File: TIES.jpg (263KB, 1780x1040px) Image search: [Google]
TIES.jpg
263KB, 1780x1040px
We need more Sienar Fleet Systems Madness

Post TIEs
>>
File: GreejatusAndFriends-ROTJ.jpg (1024KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
GreejatusAndFriends-ROTJ.jpg
1024KB, 1920x816px
>>49915998
>It's note entirely wrong. The Empire has always been a deliberate nod to the Nazis, and even leaving that aside we know that Palpatine supplanted the traditional sources of power in the Republic with his new party elite, culminating in him abolishing the senate entirely.
Uh... no. Fascists were a part of the Empire's leadership, but those hat people you see in Episode 6 are nobility that lost their power after the Ruusan Reformation and got it back via Sheev.
>>
>>49915998
I kind of read the prequels as inspired by Napoleon seizing control of the French First Republic.
>>
>>49915990
Dont forget
>gay empire officer

fucking bullshit disney SJW faggots
>>
File: consider the following.jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
29KB, 600x600px
>>49915943
The Republic was made up of cowards, hypocrites, and parasitic bureaucrats so spineless they'd literally let a member world be starved to death by a trade cartel, ignoring their investigators and keeping the inquest in permanent political limbo.

They are so insipid and uninspiring that they couldn't even get people to fight for them, but instead had to rely on an army of human slaves and a religious cult that brainwashes children.
>>
>>49916020
>making a space nazi gay
>SJW

if anything, that's just accurate to the historical parallel :^)
>>
>>49916020

Why would the Empire care if you're gay?
>>
>>49916013
You know the Nazis played old German Empire power players for support too, right? Hitler just had the decency to put them in concentration camps after their use had expired.
>>
>>49916031
>>49916033
Not him but I'm pretty sure he means he wouldn't have a problem with it if it wasn't so obvious and forced.

>Disney buys Star Wars and puts Cuck Wendig in charge
>first book released, instant fag character

Not to mention, he wasn't just a dude who fucked other dudes but was all LOOK AT ME IM GAY LOOK AT ME IM NOT INTO GIRLS LOOK AT ME GIVE ME ATTENTION
>>
>>49916040
Wendig is just a shitty writer all around.

I'm pretty sure Hux is gay too. Just get that vibe from him.
>>
>>49916040
>>49916033
Disney is scum and thinks the empire would not shoot fags on site like the nazis did

disney fags are cancer
>>
File: 102 - W6jNb8v.png (147KB, 325x324px) Image search: [Google]
102 - W6jNb8v.png
147KB, 325x324px
How would you guys represent a character that has gone beyond Force Rating 7 in the Force and Destiny system variant for Edge of the Empire?

That was one of the characters I had played, and we actually ended up going into the thousands of XP, if I recall correctly.
>>
>>49916047
hux is gay but that isnt wendigs fault
>>
>>49916050
A huge chunk of the founders of the Nazi party were fags, dude.

Hitler just ignored that shit, Himmler was the one with a bug up his butt about teh gay. Even then, it was more about the politics of power than pole smoking.
>>
>>49916053
Darth revan incarnate
>>
>>49916058
no
>>
>>49916058
>A huge chunk of the founders of the Nazi party were fags, dude.
Is that a documented fact or queer revisionism?

Not that queer revisionism is bad, I can absolutely accept that Freddie the Great was gay based on their evidence, but sometimes they cherry pick some very circumstantial evidence when building their cases.

WWII is outside my purview though so I'm willing to entertain the notion.
>>
>>49916025

We never see the Jedi testify regarding the situation on Naboo. The only thing we see is one member world making an accusation of planetary invasion, a pretty outlandish claim, against another member (which the Trade Federation was) over a trade dispute that Qui-gon initially described as "trivial." If its he-said, she-said, and for some reason the Jedi are not corroborating her story, sending a team to confirm the invasion was the right call, even if it was a political move. And Padme never even gave the inquest a chance, she just jumped right to freaking impeachment, so you can't say it was stuck in limbo.

Also member worlds rallied armies to fight for their own territory throughout the Clone Wars, but the fact that they didn't have the resources to contribute to a centralized military under Republic control if their fault, not the Republic's fault. Buying an army that was ready to go makes a lot more sense than waiting for the member worlds to mobilize from a state of unrediness when the other side is ALSO buying armies ready-made.
>>
File: 93441b551b.png (179KB, 1382x744px) Image search: [Google]
93441b551b.png
179KB, 1382x744px
>>49916062
The BBEG of the campaign was another one of the players forcing Revan's ghost into her body and feeding off that energy. At least, that's what I think was happening, since I wasn't really entirely sure on what was going on in her character arc.
Never got to find out either, since the GM flaked out of running the game because "We weren't having fun any more," in his words.

Pic related, by the way. That's him.
>>
>>49916085
>Is that a documented fact or queer revisionism?

Fact. Fascists back then were weird about 'masculine homosexuality.' Rohm's homosexuality in particular was infamous.

Even at the time, the prevalence of homosexuality in the SA was noted by both the Nazis and abroad.
>>
>>49916097
liar
>>
>>49916097
Ah, that's interesting. I knew that the heads of the party had some interestingly progressive ideas about animal rights and the such, but didn't realise this extended to homosexuality (at least amongst peers).
>>
>>49916115

>this extended to homosexuality

Sort of - the SA did get purged and replaced by the SS after all.
>>
>>49916050

Why would the Empire shoot gays on sight when there is no evidence in any canonical part of Star Wars about a cultural antipathy toward homosexuality? This is another galaxy we're talking about, its not like the "humans," are us. If there's no cultural basis for hating gays there's no reason for an oppressive government to kill people for being gay. Such governments don't pick a group at random when they're deciding who to direct the people's antipathy toward, they pick a group they already hate so they can scapegoat them and so oppressing/killing them will be seen a fundamental good by their subjects.

tl;dr - If the masses don't hate the gays, killing gays gets the Empire nothing, and there's nothing to indicate the masses hate gays
>>
>>49916115
As far as I know, Hitler himself found homosexuality unsettling and unpleasant, but he tolerated it (he was certainly aware of it and alluded to it). Other major figures in the party (as I recall) like Himmler, Goering, Heydrich and others were publicly against homosexuality, whatever their private feelings may have been.
>>
>>49916115

Well, it lasted until they needed a reason to get rid of Rohm and his group. Then they used it to great effect as a weapon against him.
>>
>>49916141
Disneyfag please leave
>>
>>49916154

Well...why WOULD they persecute gays? Is there a particular part of their agenda that it serves?
>>
>>49916159
Why are you replying to this idiot?
>>
>>49916161

I'm rather bored.
>>
>>49916159
fuck off Reyfag
>>
>>49916161

At 330 am there's nothing to do but fap or see how far a Troll is willing to stretch himself to keep his act going. And I already did one of those. Which is why I'm doing it AGAIN.

The troll one I mean.

Also the fapping
>>
File: TableflipWookie.png (135KB, 236x213px) Image search: [Google]
TableflipWookie.png
135KB, 236x213px
Are Special Forces Tie-Fighters bullshit, or am I doing something terribly wrong? Their pilot abilities outclass the ARC (Free crits vs. spending a Target Lock to add an eyeball?), I don't get it.
>>
>>49915633

Well, to quote the droid commander from that episode:

>You are against the empire, we are against the republic. The republic has become the empire. I accept your logic
>>
>>49916215

They have great abilities, but the ship itself has a mediocre dial and isn't very tanky.
>>
>>49916159
They want to populate the Galaxy with humans and have a discrimination policy against females. They could go after gays for not following Imperial policy of reproducing as much as possible and lesbians for not taking the dick, hence being against their Non-HuMan policy of women being underneath men. Muh Jesus isn't always the case for going after fags. Rome went against fags long before Justinian imposed Muh Jesus on everyone. Sure, the Roman elite got to fuck whoever and whatever they wanted, but the same can't be said for the lower classes and the slaves.
>>
>>49916350

>They want to populate the Galaxy with humans and have a discrimination policy against females.

Has that turned up anyone is NuCanon?
>>
>>49916385
There was a female Moff and the officers under her were thinking whose dick she sucked to get that position, so it is possible.
>>
>>49916252
Which sounds pretty much like most of the Rebel ships I'm flying against it, sans the rear arc. Well fug.
>>
>>49916397
Didn't Daala rise as high as she did by riding Tarkin's dick?
>>
File: smug tarkin.jpg (62KB, 474x499px) Image search: [Google]
smug tarkin.jpg
62KB, 474x499px
>>49916720
Now that's dedication to the cause
>>
File: scorpy.jpg (12KB, 350x336px) Image search: [Google]
scorpy.jpg
12KB, 350x336px
>>49916739
Ain't no Tarkin like a Scorpius Tarkin.

What are those things in his pockets?
>>
>>49916720

Yes and no.
She had the talent to earn her position normally, but kept getting passed over b/c lol -4 str.
Then Tarkin promoted her for being capable And his gf.
Also Tarkin killed anyone who dared to say she slept her way to the top - one guy got put in a vac suit and dumped into low orbit where he burned to death with com open for everyone to hear.
>>
File: Marmalade.jpg (131KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Marmalade.jpg
131KB, 250x250px
>>49916780

Handses?
>>
Who's a better wingman for Fat (New) Han between Nien Nunb and Red Ace?
>>
>>49917044
You (probably) want someone who can hold their own while Han is down the other end of the board. For that purpose, if you can squeeze in Poe Dameron, you'll be laughing.

Alternatively, Snaps will be able to back Han up quickly with his faux-five forward.

Of the two you're floating, I'd go Red Five.
>>
Regardless of your thoughts on the prequels, I think it's safe to say that TCW is pretty universally liked.

Would you like clone wars ships in X-Wing/Armada? Would you prefer new factions for the GAR and CIS or keel them as military surplus/salvage added to existing factions?
>>
File: Stormtrooper_code_cylinders.jpg (77KB, 579x1092px) Image search: [Google]
Stormtrooper_code_cylinders.jpg
77KB, 579x1092px
>>49916780
Code cylinders.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Code_cylinder/Legends
>>
>>49917127

I'd like Clone Wars ships if they "fit the lore" like the ARC-170, though I'd rather they didn't add a load of droid ships

I'd love to see TCW Z-95s and Y-Wings added as alternate models, and the V-Wing too. I think the hard part is dividing them up between factions, because I doubt the Empire would get any
>>
>>49917203
Therein the rub. The Empire isn't going to be running old military surplus, the Rebels might but after a point it's just encroaching on their classic offerings (which were supposed to be pretty cutting edge comparatively), which leaves Scum for the most part.
>>
>>49917301
>The Empire isn't going to be running old military surplus
It would make sense for training units and shitty backwater planets' defense forces. Didn't we see a few Imp ARCs in one of the nucanon comics, too?
>>
>>49916008
>TIE bomber, shuttle, and boarding craft are all the same ship
>A million things are just "TIE Fighter with some other gimmicky name but it still looks exactly like a TIE Fighter"
>Actually counts "T.I.E. Fighter" and "TIE Fighter" separately
If a Sienar sales rep showed me this I'd walk the fuck out.
>>
>>49917127
I'd rather a new game scaled half-way between X-wing and Armada, with the Republic vs the CIS.
>>
>>49917340
>>Actually counts "T.I.E. Fighter" and "TIE Fighter" separately
Legends-wise, they actually are separate, in the sense that they're variants. The T.I.E. was the OG TIE craft. The "TIE Starfighter" or "TIE Fighter" was a prototype upgraded variant of that which later evolved into the classic TIE/LN of the Rebellion era.

Think of it as similar to the progression from, say, the F-14A to the F-14D. Same base platform, different under-the-hood gubbins.
>>
>>49917340
We really need a TIE shuttle with "I'm a shuttle, not a bomber, please don't shoot at me." Painted in 50 languages on the outer panels.
>>
>>49917203
I could see the Empire running Republic ships, especially if it's in the early days (Empire Day - ~2BBY) and there's always the poor schmucks stuck patrolling the outer rim with outdated hardware.

I like the idea of Rebels using CIS salvage or some former CIS joining up. As dumb as that mobile game is, Rebels with repurposed droidekas seems fun. Plus you have the whole angle of the Empire using that as propaganda against the rebellion.

Scum get whatever they can lay their mitts on.

>>49917344
I'm super on board with that. The clone wars seem much better suited to a larger scale game. Fighter wings and fleets of ships.
>>
>>49917344
What like being a wing commander with just a frigate of two to direct from?
>>
>>49917564
It would probably be better if it was larger than Armada, considering the scale of some of the battles in Episode II and III
>>
File: 1367435937057.jpg (102KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1367435937057.jpg
102KB, 1366x768px
>>49917412
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (1023KB, 500x211px) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
1023KB, 500x211px
>accidentally figured out I'm getting the Millennium Falcon expansion for X-wing for christmas
>>
>>49917744
>getting one of the more expensive expansions for free
>that's good
>having to wait until December 25th to play with it
>that's bad
It's like Sophie's Choice.
>>
>>49915842
>I have this weird idea that Disney is trying to frame the Empire as something different to what it traditionally was
Not just the Empire, Disney is quietly changing a lot of things. Latest episode of Rebels those with sharp ears will have noticed tha Rex kept calling it 'The Clone War' instead of 'The Clone Wars.' There's definitely going to be some major revamping of the prequels happening in the near future.
>>
>>49917744
HotR or original one?
>>
>>49915543
>Alas, Poor Yoda Edition.

Thank you OP. I needed cringe worthy kek this morning and you delivered.
>>
>>49918176

Original. I found out by adding HotR to my amazon wishlist. The OG Falcon was missing, so a re-added it and it said I already owned one

That bad thing is that I want both of them, and I doubt my gf will see the merit of buying two Millennium Falcons. Hell, I'd have a hard time justifying owning two falcons, but I want that black one t-70
>>
File: Nebulon-B_Frigate.jpg (923KB, 2986x2391px) Image search: [Google]
Nebulon-B_Frigate.jpg
923KB, 2986x2391px
>>
Hypothetical question, let's say you've got all the key parts of your combos in a rebel squad covered and you've got 21 points left over. Do you take:
>a 21 point rookie in an X-wing
>some combination of Headhunter with missiles and mods
>a budget A-wing
>>
>>49918955

Coin flip between a Z95 with missiles or a budget a-wing, it'd depend on what the rest of my squad was
>>
>>49919016
This. Though I think budget A-wing generally has a lot more value than the Z.
>>
>>49918485
Original Falcon kit still has value. "You Can't Crit Me Chewbacca" in great in a few builds, and the other Fat Han will remain valuable even with New Fat Han. Even with an X-wing coming out, I feel like Nien Nunb is most useful as a crew member. Plus all dem Engine/Shield Upgrades.

Besides, you're going to want HotR anyway for the upgrade cards.

At least you aren't one of the poor saps who already owns two Falcons and is looking down the barrel of a third.
>>
>>49919081

Yeah it'd stay alive longer, and be more annoying. The missiles from a Z95 could be great in certain situations though (assault missiles versus a TIE swarm)

>>49919115

Out of the falcons, I definitely want the original more. Even if I had HotR as well, I'd still only use the original falcon model (unless I was flying Rey)

Nien Nunb looks really fun as a T70 pilot, and Jess Pava was my crush in TFA and she seems neat as well. I mainly only want HotR for the t70 stuff really.
>>
>>49918955
Ahsoka w/ captured tie, adaptability, masterpiece, emp, chopper

Green w/ snap shot, crack shot, test pilot, chardaan

Blount w/ ion pulse, Deadeye

Cracken w/ squad leader

Gold w/ autoblaster, R4-D6
>>
>>49919271
Oh, almost forgot

Sabine (tie) w/ PtL, masterpiece, cloaking device, chopper
>>
>>49919271
>Gold w/ autoblaster, R4-D6
You absolute madman. That's a good list though, we should make a '21 points or less' filler list for the Rebels, seeing as their faction tends to favour two big hitters and ~20 points spare.
>>
>>49919335
A "never touch the T-65 generics" list?
>>
>>49919332
>Sabine (tie) w/ PtL, masterpiece, cloaking device, chopper
>"Chopper" on a three hull ship
ISHIGGYDIGGY
>>
>>49916739
That photo's doctored as hell, Peter Cushing was more handsome than that, even if he was a grandpa.
>>
Here's an Idea.
Ashoka Tano with Veteran Instincts, Sabine's Masterpiece, Captured TIE, Chopper, and Dead Man's Switch.
I call it: A waste of 22 points.
Has anyone ever found a decent build that uses Dead Man's Switch? It seems like the only illicit that I can't see myself ever using.
>>
>>49919751

Im pretty sure thats the guy who played Tarkin in Rots

You never see his face clearly, and he had prosthetics is imitating Cushings god tier cheekbones, which is why he looks so weird
>>
>>49919363
Their minimum sweet spot is 22 for the astro and "free" shield from integrated. Under that they lose a lot of efficiency.

>>49919542
He's 0 points and I'd rather have him and never use him than need him and not have him. Plus, the mental imagery is wonderful.

>Cloaking system engaged. We're running silent.
>No, Chopper, the weapons are disabled.
>No, Chopper, we are not going to ram them!
>>
Anyone played a B1 Battle Droid Jedi yet?
>>
>>49920234
(You)
>>
File: hydra dominatus.jpg (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hydra dominatus.jpg
72KB, 500x500px
>>49920234
Unless you were playing an Iron Knight that just happened to use a B1 chassis, wouldn't that result in the B1 committing suicide?

>Programmed to fight the Republic
>The OJO are servants of the Republic
>But it the droid is a Jedi, and thus, considers itself an enemy
>>
>>49920255
Why are you giving me a (you)? I just came up with the idea because it's funny, you play this brooding cloaked character with a modulated voice, cobbled together lightsaber and metal arm...and then it's revealed he's NOT hobo Vader, but a B1 who survived the clone wars by being nowhere near the canon when it happened, this is mostly due to the fact he was buried in a cave in on a planet in the middle of bumblefuck nowhere.

Oh and he got his big clunky arm from a wrecked protocol droid.

It helps that he isn't even aware that the Clone Wars, ROTS or a big chunk of the OT actually happened.
>>
>>49920356
I mean that's fine and good but it's not a Jedi, it's just a crazy droid using a lightsaber. Using the term Jedi hangs the expectation of Force Sensitivity and Droids cannot be Force Sensitive. It is literally impossible to play any variation of "Droid Jedi" in FFG or SAGA, at least without the caveat of the Iron Knights.
>>
>>49920300
I assume that he couldn't actually commit Robosudoku due to having two of his limbs buried under several tonnes of rock.

>"But I must kill the Jedi."
>"No B1-218, you are the Jedi"
>And then B1-218 was confused.
>>
File: NEVER FORGET.jpg (468KB, 1365x700px) Image search: [Google]
NEVER FORGET.jpg
468KB, 1365x700px
>>49920396
>Droids cannot be Force Sensitive
Skippy lives on in our hearts.
>>
>>49916092
Sorry to ask, which character generator is this?
>>
>>49920417
>>49920417
Skippy was never canon, even to Legends it was a joke story.
>>
>>49920547

Looks like Oggdudes to me;

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/89135-another-character-generator/
>>
>>49919751
That's Wayne Pygram, based Scorpius.
>>
>>49920417
Fucking oldcanon. Nothing of value was lost when Disney purged it. gonna get me some (you)'s
>>
>>49920396
Maybe he only thinks he's a Jedi?

>"You will not remember this conversation."
>Clocks the guy he was just talking to round the head and gives him concussive amnesia.
>>
>>49921136
>"Force Push!"
>shoves the guy
>>
>>49921252
I'd assume his "telekinesis" is just magnaclamps fitted in his replacement arm.

"Jedi Master" Tuonat everybody!
>>
>>49921252
>>49921136
>"I have felt a great disturbance in The Force"
>Has a remote line to inter-galactic news networks

>Is training under a master
>"You must unlearn what you learnt."
>Wipes memory banks
>>
File: 1430802325099.jpg (228KB, 500x718px) Image search: [Google]
1430802325099.jpg
228KB, 500x718px
>>49920810
Much obliged.
>>
File: skippy1.jpg (192KB, 585x669px) Image search: [Google]
skippy1.jpg
192KB, 585x669px
>>49920871
>>49920803
Believe in Skippy, anons.
>>
>>49921531
Oh look, Bender! and Whatshisface in there in the foreground.
>>
>>49921567
croooow?
>>
>>49921721
And Tom Servo minus the gumball sphere
>>
>>49919865
I would not call it decent, but playing against a list with 4x Binayre pirate with just a dead man switch as their only upgrade was certainly interesting.
>>
File: deadlock.jpg (164KB, 736x426px) Image search: [Google]
deadlock.jpg
164KB, 736x426px
>>49920396
There are two possible reasons that droids cannot be force-sensitive.

In original canon, the force is a mystical magical life-energy that droids are not a part of.

In crap later canon, the force is due to midichlorians and droids do not have midichlorians.

Really though the reason that droids cannot be force-sensitive has more to do with narrative conventions than with any logical reasoning.

Droids cannot be force-sensitive or magical because they lack a culture and are mass produced. Droids do not have unique experiences growing up and developing the same way people do. It therefore makes less sense to have a chosen or destined one that is a droid. A human character feels more narratively appropriate.

In order to come up with a magical droid you need to come up with what it means for a droid to be a hero and that's simply not work that has been put into the Star Wars setting.
>>
>>49922078
Uh.... anon, midichlorians do not create the Force. Droids can't use the Force in later materials for the exact same reason they couldn't in earlier - because the Force is LIFE energy, and droids are not living things.
>>
File: 1469247391354.png (103KB, 240x280px) Image search: [Google]
1469247391354.png
103KB, 240x280px
>>49917412
>>
File: iron giant.jpg (12KB, 477x268px) Image search: [Google]
iron giant.jpg
12KB, 477x268px
>>49922078
>what it means for a droid to be a hero
I can't wait for Disney to make a droid movie starring Vin Diesel.
>>
>>49922129
4-lom was force sensitive
>>
>>49922129
>>49922522
No, 4-LOM managed to use Intuition and PLANNED on trying to learn the force.

He then got shot by Boba Fett and after being put back together remembered nothing of his high ideals for mental self improvement.
>>
Holy shit does the OP have the Neuromaniac Fly casual? Because the one I have is utter shit.
>>
>>49922078
Midchlorians don't create the force though?
They're just an organism in living creatures that allows them to USE the Force and gives a semi-reliable way of detecting Force-sensitivity.
>>
>>49922721

The book implied he was force sensitive.
>>
>>49922754
>Neuromaniac Fly casual?
what?
>>
>>49923170
Implications are not the same thing as actualities.

There hasn't been any actual droids capable of using the Force in any content, Legends or canon, besides Skippy - whose story, as already noted, was non-canonical even when published.
>>
>>49923176
Neuromaniac made awesome OEF PDFs of FFG Star Wars books but only put them on Kickass.to which was raided.
>>
>>49919175
>Jess Pava was my crush in TFA
MEIN NIGGA!
>>
>>49923266
Ah, I see.

And now I don't care anymore...
have the physical book, never cared much for pdf.'s
>>
>>49923218
4-lom was force sensitive. get over it
>>
>>49923504
>bait.jpg
>>
>>49923504
No, he was merely intuitive, which is STILL a huge leap for a droid.
>>
>>49923538
No, he was force sensitive
>>
>>49923218
But R2-D2 is the will of the Force made manifest.

Did you even watch the movies?
>>
>>49923831
R2-D2

Revan2-Darth2

R2-D2 is actually Revan, we just don't know it yet.
>>
>>49921798
We just need Gypsy and Cambot.
>>
>>49916008

>The Avenger cockpit is actually that goofy and it wasn't a modeling issue in TIE Fighter

huh, you learn something new every day
>>
Are there rules for using starship weapons on people are they just one hit kills?
>>
>>49925233

10x damage, game recommends a big + on the resultant critical injury.
>>
Hey, do shields in Star Wars stop bombs and torpedoes? There seems to be some inconsistency in the various depictions. Sometimes shields can only stop energy and do nothing about physical objects, and sometimes they stop everything like Star Trek shields.

Even the original triology had Star Destroyers not stopping asteroids in Empire but implying they would have protected the bridge of that one Star Destroyer in Jedi. Whats the verdict?
>>
>>49925214
I'm still pretty sure it's a normal cockpit.

>>49925266
Particle shields do mostly stop things but aren't sup[er great against very large slow objects when under stress from the smaller ones.
>>
File: awingsattack1-548x413.png (203KB, 548x413px) Image search: [Google]
awingsattack1-548x413.png
203KB, 548x413px
>>49925266

No clue for the most part, but the SSD that got kamikazed had it's shield's destroyed
>>
File: Zaarin.jpg (28KB, 582x439px) Image search: [Google]
Zaarin.jpg
28KB, 582x439px
>>49925214

I'm not sure what you were expecting from Grand Admiral "Wannabe Thrawn-abe" Zaarin, anon.
>>
File: 1460087744626.jpg (9KB, 345x146px) Image search: [Google]
1460087744626.jpg
9KB, 345x146px
to the Armada players out there, What's your take on the Imperial raider?

I realize how few people actually play armada so I won't be surprised if no one replies to this...
>>
>>49925266

This is one of those questions like "How fast is hyperspace travel exactly" where the answer is usually "It depends on what the plot calls for it at the time"
>>
>>49926095
A colossal "meh."
It's a waste of points unless your opponent is running fighter swarms at you.
>>
>>49926095
The raider is good in two kinds of lists. lists light on anti fighter and lists that spam raiders with Screed and 2 gladiators. With its titles it can act as a sort of close in fighter support for your star destroyers, with the title to engage squadrons meaning bombers have to spend a turn or 2 chewing it up, with impetuous making an ace fighter sweat when you get to double tap on him if he hasn't been flying smart, through escorts.

It does well as more aggressive filler in the screed spam list, as it can block and hit hard. You mainly use it as a screen for Demolisher, where after demolisher moves in you put this in front of him to keep it alive and attacks against Demolsiher obstructed. You also get to hit them with a 4 dice front shot if you time it right, and that can be painful. add that on with the fact that the raider is no longer flanking alone, but with 2 cousins some times and a big brother in a gladiator, and your opponents going to be very nervous about that hunting pack maneuvering for their rear.

Do not use them as flankers on their own, they have too little damage for their cost, and in my experience the only flanking you get done is getting a few blue pot shots off and never really earning its points back. Might be worthwhile in a most wanted or intel sweep list.

Also also, keep that thing at speed 2 with a navigate token on it. Shit's crazy maneuverable, especially if you're running one of the navigate loving commanders.
>>
File: Darth Vader (2015-) 018-014.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Darth Vader (2015-) 018-014.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>49922078
>>
>>49920234

Funny enough, if you take the Iron Knights as canon, it's more than possible. I'm actually disappointed not more people know about these guys, they're pretty bitching.
>>
>>49925266
Ray shields and particle shields. Ray shields are what were protecting the DS vent, stops blaster bolts. Particle shields stop everything but can eventually be overloaded.
>>
>>49922078
r2d2 and 4lom are force sensitive
>>
So, three F&D splats out.

Which one do you think is next, and what Spec do you think it'll look like.
>>
>>49926446

Sorry, what do you think the Specs will look like.
>>
>>49923956
I was reading up on fantheories that got floated after the first movie came out in 1977. One of my favorites was that R2-D2 was the remains of Anikin Skywalker.

It's no "OB-1 Kenobi is a clone", but it's cute.
>>
>>49926258
freaky deaky
>>
>>49926446

My guess is Mystic => Warrior => Consular. Possibly Consular => Warrior => Mystic, but I think the first one is more likely.

Reasoning: The Force careers kind of fall into the fighter/rogue/mage paradigm of D&D in terms of the talents available to them; there are two very combat-oriented careers (Guardian and Warrior), two careers with more of an emphasis on utility and skill use (Seeker and Sentinel), and two careers that focus on the more mystical aspects of the Force (Consular and, obviously, Mystic).

Since they haven't done either of the mage careers but they have done one of the fighter careers, I'm guessing they'll do a mage career next, followed by Warrior so they don't have two mage books in a row, with the other mage last.

The reason I think that Mystic will come before Consular is that Mystics feel less well-defined to me. The Consular is billed as the non-combat Force user and its specs all reflect that. Even Niman Disciple provides a lot of social skill bonuses. Mystic has Seer, which makes sense but is a very specific archetype; Advisor, which seems to me like it should have been a Consular spec (I think it would have made a lot more sense if Healer and Advisor had switched careers); and Mikashi Duelist, because lightsaber specs. Mystic makes less sense to me as a career, so it makes MORE sense for it to get a book first, since it feels more ripe for exploration.

That said, I kind of hope I'm wrong and Warrior comes first.

To be continued, because character limit...
>>
>>49927109

Mikashi Duelist always struck me as much more of a Warrior spec than a Mystic one. I was honestly surprised to realise that a dedicated lightaber duellist wasn't a warrior. Especially with the warrior capstone being 'Force someone into a duel'
>>
>>49927267
I feel like the reasoning is that the Shii-Cho Knight talent tree is actually a lot more versatile than the other lightsaber specialisations, offering the Warrior an array of talents that help them fight with anything they can get their hands on, not just their lightsaber.
>>
>>49927109
Continued

As for specs in the upcoming books:

Consular--I assume they'll get an "Advisor-but-not" social spec, because it's weird that they don't already have one already, since negotiations are a big part of their shtick. I could see something like "Chronicler", because the Jedi liked making lore almost as much as finding it, but Sage might cover that well enough already. Perhaps an Explorer-style spec, since that archetype hasn't really been touched in the F&D line yet. Maybe a "Mentor" spec based on teaching? Though I have no idea what that would actually do. I don't know. As I said before, Consular seems to have a well-defined niche already.

Mystic--Probably a spec that focuses on Force power use, called "Adept" or "Sorcerer" or something like that, with talents that make them the undisputed best caster career. Besides that, any spec that plays off of Force use would make sense. They'll probably come up with better stuff for Mystic than I would.

Warrior--This is the one that excites me the most. I'd love to see a Jar'Kai (two-weapon fighting) spec. I've heard a lot of people express hope for a Vapaad spec, and it would be neat if Warrior got two lightsaber forms, even if Vapaad was basically unique. A "weapons-other-than-lightsabers" spec would make sense. I hope there will be a "combat Force user" spec, with Discipline as a career skill and talents along the lines of The Force is My Ally, Unity Assault, Draw Closer, and Force Assault that make it easier to use the Force while fighting with a weapon, as well as talents that buff Force-based attacks (boost dice on opposed Force power checks, maybe something that negates auto-conflict from using Unleash and Harm). A survivability-themed spec would also be pretty cool, with Second Wind, Durable, Armor Master, and things like that. I know Aggressor already touched on that theme a little bit but I really want them to explore it more.
>>
>>49927565

Perhaps. Still kinda weird that a Mikashi Duelist can't get access to 'Force someone into a climatic duel'
>>
>>49927267

Fated Duel is a Guardian capstone. Would have made sense for Warrior, though. I'm curious what the Warrior sigs will be.

And I definitely agree about Mikashi. Mustic is a weird place for the Duelist spec.
>>
>>49927713

Oh, whoops. I got them two mixed up.
>>
>>49915990
If one of those 3 guys was Luke he could defeat the entire Imperial Navy. He could just sit somewhere and drive the enemies crazy with force visions from a sector away.
>>
File: fuck your star destroyers.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
fuck your star destroyers.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>49927887
This is Luke we're talking about. He'd call up Wedge and Tycho, hop in his X-wing, and together, they'd re-enact a gold medal run of Rogue Squadron 2.
>>
>>49926095

I like the Raider as a command boat for my Interceptors, and use Kallus to give it more oomph against enemy aces. I also slap APT on it to let it punch above its class with Screed. Garunteed crits are a hell of a drug.
>>
>>49920871
It doesn't work if you tell people what you're doing.
>>
It seems like Andris is not statted for FFGSW despite being mentioned in multiple books. (Fly Casual and Nexus of Power)

That's really strange.
>>
>>49927639
>>49927713

It's probably because Makashi keys of Presence. So it's in mystic, and has the synergy with Advisor and stuff. Consular is more like a mediator, so the Willpower key makes sense. They tell others to fuck off with their social checks, the Mystic has a more "flashy" quality. But you can cross spec as needed.
>>
>>49926958

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3nQvaP0BXg
>>
I want my No Disintegrations for cool new tacticool shit.
>>
File: blank stare.jpg (28KB, 400x222px) Image search: [Google]
blank stare.jpg
28KB, 400x222px
>>49929642
>wanting an FFG book for the gear chapter
>>
>>49929669
I want it for all of it.
>>
>>49929772
I kind of hope it'll have more specific rules for attacking a target from stealth.
>>
>>49929833
Damn I hope so.
>>
>>49929642
>>49929669
>>49929772
so far all three ships teased are awesome too.
>>
>>49929885
What are they?
>>
>>49929977

I think it was YV-666, Aggressor and Fang Fighter?
>>
>>49930045
penis balls shit on a stick I wanted a millenium falcon
>>
>>49930065
Just take a YT-1300 and fill all the hardpoints with plot.
>>
>>49930722
Made me kek
>>
File: IMG_20161021_004533.jpg (2MB, 2304x2706px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161021_004533.jpg
2MB, 2304x2706px
Finished my second white b-wing. Mixed in some silver to make the white pop a bit.
>>
So which preview will we see today? The Upsilon, or the Quadjumper? For some reason my money's on the Quadjumper.
>>
>>49931723
I'm cool with either, but I am unreasonably hyped about the quadjumper. It looks to be such an obnoxious little shit.
>>
File: dejection.jpg (16KB, 299x199px) Image search: [Google]
dejection.jpg
16KB, 299x199px
>>49931723
>waiting for tonight's X-wing preview
>FFG decides to mix things up with an in-depth examination of the cards in Star Wars: Destiny.
>mfw
>>
Why did they change the lightsaber damage so much from EotE to FaD?

Seem like a lightsaber should be a nearly 1-hit kill weapon if you can use it.
>>
>>49931824
They had to when they added lightsaber attachments and mods -- the base lightsaber in EoTE is assumed to be complete, while the base Lightsaber in FaD is effectively still under construction.
>>
File: 1476941831890.jpg (104KB, 549x849px) Image search: [Google]
1476941831890.jpg
104KB, 549x849px
>>49929642

I wonder if ND is going to have mando info in it.

Maybe even rules for Beskar?
>>
>>49926258
I love Creepio.
>>
File: TOTJ1-FC.jpg (659KB, 1024x1463px) Image search: [Google]
TOTJ1-FC.jpg
659KB, 1024x1463px
>>49931824
>Seem like a lightsaber should be a nearly 1-hit kill weapon if you can use it.

You must've missed the part where it says Lightsabers make Armor (and if you take it literally, soak entirely) irrelevant, crit easily, and in F&D, get options to push damage, crit rating, and crit pluses into crazy town. A fully modified Krayt Pearl is something no NPC or PC should ever have for this very reason.
>>
>>49932126

How good are training lightsabers/how far can you push them? I do like the idea of a less lethal lightsaber option.
>>
File: Jedi_Temple_Guard.png (136KB, 350x680px) Image search: [Google]
Jedi_Temple_Guard.png
136KB, 350x680px
>>49932172

Theres a crystal that converts your damage to stun, and gets pretty good mod options - can't remember which book its in, either endless vigil or keeping the peace - it basically turns your lightsaber into a stun\concussive\knockdown shock maul - stick it on a temple guard lightsaber for added stun
>>
>>49932191

Oh? What makes the temple guard lightsaber so good for that?

I'm putting together my first F&D character and noticed that well...sure as fuck can't get a lightsaber to start but a training saber is within my budget.
>>
File: 1454421618236.png (407KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1454421618236.png
407KB, 557x605px
>>49932242

>Temple Guard Lightsaber
>Defensive 1, Linked 1, Stun 4, Unwieldy 3

>Kimber Stone
>Damage 9
>Crit n\a
>Lightsaber gains Stun quality
>2 Damage +1 Mods
>1 Item Quality Concussive +1 Mod
>2 Item Quality Disorient +1 Mods

So, basically, a shock stick
>>
File: 20161025_013511.jpg (176KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
20161025_013511.jpg
176KB, 800x800px
With the Scyk buff I'm on a PS5 pilot kick- it seems to be the sweet spot for Mindlink lists so that you can choose what order all your guys move in.

So here's a new ride for Guri.
>>
It's here.
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/10/24/fanatical-devotion/
>>
Just picked up a massive binder of Star Wars CCG cards (some rares, tons of platests of interrupts) for FIVE BUCKS at a garage sale. They set the price, as I would have surely paid that for just the Victory Class Star Destroyer and Tantive IV I found inside. Chewbacca and Lightsaber as well.

The owners didn't know what it was. They said 'I think it's for a game or something'. Probably just wanted it (and the smelly binder it came in) out of their house.

Anyway, thanks guys! This was well worth it. Someday my kids will get to play this along with some other games.
>>
>>49932711
>Upsilon shuttle

Has always looked like a piece of shit to me.
>>
>>49932711
>Gamma Vet
>Hux
>Ruthlessness

Yum
>>
>>49932711
I'm a bit unimpressed.

Hux looks good in terms of what he gives you, but the five points and especially the stress seem like too much in the way of costs. He'd be fantastic if you could take him on a TIE shuttle, but you can't. Then you're basically begging for Adv. Sensors and that makes him cost as much as Palp.

Fanatical devotion on a /D defender though sounds fucking bonkers. Focus for your action and get two unstoppable hits that also tractor or ion.

TL share at a range of 1-2 and three points. No thanks. Overcosted and the range restriction being as bad as Shara is just stupid. You can take it to help homing missile bombers, and that might even be good, but then your squad has more moving parts that you have to sorry about. I'll probably just keep them with LRS.

The only immediate sheningans I can see doing with Hyperwave Comm Scanner is getting an evade token for juking Comm Relay TIE/SF. No way to refill it though if you feel you should spend it.

I like the Operations Specialist. You could either take it to buff a gunner decimator, or use it to buff a tie swarm. Do note like the article says that there's no limit on the number of times it can go off. Should be a great card in epic play.

Major Stridan is easily the one that will see most play. His ability is kinda nuts, and he should make all the Imperial support cards way better.

Not sure what to make of Lieutenant Dormitz yet. Allows you to deploy closer to the enemy. I like that they're playing with deployment stuff now and making it interesting.

The ship itself is a goddamn monster. Ridiculous stats across the board and a really good upgrade bar. But it's also really damn expensive. This isn't going to replace Palpatine's normal ride I think.

It feels like an epic ship in a normal game. Most of the combos that you can do with it seem much better in Epic than in a regular 100 point.
>>
>>49933005

Hux is likely the reason for the incredibly specific 4 or less limit on TIE Shuttle crew. If it was just Palp, they would have made it higher and Gunner+Tactician just isn't bad enough to justify the cap. I mean, they're happy to let Gunner + R3-A2 run on the ARC so they can't be too fussed about double stress being a thing.
>>
>>49929642
>>49929669
Oh come now, the personal-scale gear isn't that bad. Except some of the guns from Forged in Battle, the rotary Z-6 has an overheat instead of an out of ammo? What the hell?
>>
>>49932067
Beskar seems to just be the Cortosis Quality plus 1 soak.
>>
>>49929669
>implying the gear in Forged in Battle isn't totally fucking baller
Concussion rifles and repeaters son, we're going full Dark Forces
>>
>>49933162
It's a suppressive fire weapon that can only shoot full-auto, you'd expect it to burn out its barrels before running out of juice by design. See every machine gun that sees heavy use ever
>>
>>49932673
Looks nice! Good job!

Yeah, PS 5 is the sweet spot because there are quite a few PS 5 generics and aces for Scum that have EPTs, and anything beyond that will tend to push you towards a 3-ship list. I've had success with a higher PS ace in a Mindlink, but the core is almost always 2 to 3 ships at PS 5.
>>
>>49933249
It's a rotary weapon, they're designed for batshit rates of fire and superlative cooling.

I think burning out blaster packs would be the more common issue. (I think they were balancing it around use by Soldier/Hired Gun Heavies who can negate all Out-of-ammo effects.)

>>49933213
Conc rifles are weirdly statted, the ammo count is wrong even if they represent the "Special Ammo Only" LJ-50 from Republic commando, and they are incredibly overreliant on advantage to trigger the concussive, blast, and Knockdown effects. (And unless concussive and knockdown spread to the blast it's really weak as an AoE)

Also how would you stat the Dark Forces/DF2 Repeater vs the Heavy repeater? I figure accurate because it had zero spread in those games.
>>
>>49933005
>The ship itself is a goddamn monster. Ridiculous stats across the board and a really good upgrade bar. But it's also really damn expensive. This isn't going to replace Palpatine's normal ride I think.

If this beast gets white turns it will. Also, I would riot.
>>
>>49933339
Yeah, I gotta say the concussion rifle stats confused the fuck out of me. Then again I was hoping for the room-clearing BFG from Jedi Knight, so anything that wasn't bullshit overpowered was going to fall flat with me.

As for the old-style repeater: lower the damage to 7, but give it Accurate 1 and keep the Cumbersome rating as it is (it was originally going to be the primary weapon for Dark Troopers until they found something that fired rockets too). Maybe notch up its Encumbrance to compensate.
No idea what to do about the triple-shot alternate fire, mind you.
>>
>>49933005
>The ship itself is a goddamn monster. Ridiculous stats across the board and a really good upgrade bar. But it's also really damn expensive. This isn't going to replace Palpatine's normal ride I think.

Yeah, I don't see it replacing the Lambda as Palpatines (usual) ride of choice. This is going to be more like his personal monster truck, for when he doesn't want a Turret Primary.

Interesting thing to note about this beast, is that stat-wise it is effectively an Imperial YV-666, but with a little added firepower and different array of upgrades. It's also nice to see the tech slot getting some more cards. It's beginning to feel like a not-quite-system slot.
>>
>>49933289

It's basically at what I like to feel is "tabletop standard" (That is to say, it looks good from three feet away but if you pick it up you can see all the sloppiness of my painting.) So photographs really tend to bring out the worst in it. My paints don't look nearly so troweled on in person, I swear.

I'm really enjoying playing around with Mindlink. I'm hoping to get a chance to play an Epic game soonish and proxy an all Mindlink list, just because I think it would be fun to try and deal with. Especially if I can manage an all PS5 all Mindlink list.
>>
>>49933063
Probably not Hux specifically but they kept the 5-point limit precisely so they could make really good crew that they wouldn't have to worry about on the shuttle.

Problem is I'm not sure he's actually worth 5 points, and the other crew carriers for Imperials are pretty bad. Hence the shuttle.

>>49933392
Given its cost I suspect it will have a pretty good dial for a shuttle. Two banks are green, and yeah a white two turn would make sense. It's 30 points base for the damn thing.
>>
>>49933490
Shit, so it will likely have a better dial than an YV, four fucking firepower, and cost one point more?
Goddammit am I turning into the "competitive nerd being angry at the other factions stuff"? This was not a future I wanted.
>>
>>49933490
>>49933538
Eh... I would not be surprised of it's dial is a slightly better shuttle dial. At 30pts for el-cheapo pilot, it's coming out at 1pt beyond te YV-666 Trandoshan, but with Coordinate and 4 Attack Dice. I doubt it has a white turn.
>>
>>49933538

Yeah, but it can't have 4-Loma, Zuckuss and Dengar.

Also Greedo, Boba Fett and K4 Security Droid are worth mentioning.

Plus some other great crew I haven't brought up.

It doesn't matter if they have a slightly better ship, our crew are ten times as good.
>>
>>49933538
The beauty of XWM, is you don't need to be angry at "other faction stuff". Unlike other games, with favorite snowflake factions, or 15 different unique factions, XWM has only 3. And you can always play them just by getting 2 or 3 ships.
>>
>>49933595
It has green 2-bank though. Is there any other ship which has green-bank red-turn at the same speed?
>>
>>49933614
Empire does have some pretty solid crew choices. Without mentioning the obvious 8-pointer, other notables include Vader, Mara Jade, Fleet Officer (Hux is just Fleet Officer +), Ysanne, and Rebel Captive.

Scum do have some fucking amazing crew choices, but I feel like XWM has done a terrific job of giving each faction some awesome faction specific crew choices.
>>
>>49933538
It also has half the firing arc (big deal), no illicit, two crew instead of three, and overall inferior Imperial crew (Scum has the best crew in the game by a good bit).

Its pilot abilities are also rather meh, while Bossk's is one of the best in the game. It also caps out at PS6, and will almost always be lower than even that. I don't see Kylo pilot being taken that much.

They're honestly pretty comparable ships. Compared to the Lambda it's not worth taking unless you're specifically gunning for some combo with system/crew/tech or using one of its pilots. Good flying will negate a lot of what this ship can do.

Also Anon, you should play all factions and get rid of the "my faction" mentality. It doesn't do you any good.
>>
>>49933622

B Wing, Attack Shuttle and G-1A all have green 1 banks and red 1 turns.

TIE Bombers have a green 2 bank and red 2 turn.
>>
>>49933005
>Allows you to deploy closer to the enemy. I like that they're playing with deployment stuff now and making it interesting.
Seems like this wave is all about deployment shenanigans.
>>
>>49933622
B-Wing, Tie/SF, Attack Shuttle, and G-1A, all have green 1 banks and red 1 turns.
>>
>>49933538
Whatever it has, I'm betting it has a 5 K-turn. The Ghost has one, and I reckon this will too.
>>
File: swx60-operations-specialist.png (116KB, 196x300px) Image search: [Google]
swx60-operations-specialist.png
116KB, 196x300px
>>49933005
It's interesting that Operations Specialist *is not* faction locked. You can use it with Captain Rex, you can use it wit Bossk, you can use it with anyone who has an 'if an attack does not hit' clause.
>>
>>49933669
Scum has the most (blatantly) offensive crew in the game, forgoing any concept of synergy to just add pure nastiness to the ship. I fucking love it. Even Latts and Gonk, despite being more defensive, feel distinctly Scum oriented.

But I don't think they're truly better. Each of the factions have some amazingly good crew cards. Rebels have C-3P0, Jan Ors, Kyle Katarn, Kanan, Sabine (the "1-pt Bomb Slot + better bombs"), Hera, Chopper, and hell even Lando can be good. Rebel crew are more defensive, cheaper, add utility, or vastly improve the maneuverability of a ship.

Empire has some good options as well. Palpatine is the defacto top crew slot in the game so far. No other crew is as widely used. And before him, Vader was a powerhouse, and still does well. The "officer" cards are meh, but they do add synergy if you're willing to build for it. Otherwise Empire has quite a few stress gimmicks thanks to Mara Jade, Rebel Captive, especially in conjunction with Tactician.
>>
>>49933761
Nah, it's going to have a Stop maneuver.
>>
>>49933784
That's going to work beautifully in a mindlink squadron...
>>
>>49933837

Zuckuss is a strong second to Palp.

Dengaroo is a list and Party Bus is one of the best filler ships you can throw in a Scum list. Plus he pops up here and there elsewhere too. Wired + Zuckuss on Palob is fun.
>>
>>49932711
>Imperial March List

>>Dorwitz (34)
>>>Hyperwave Comm Scanner (1)
>>>Collision Detector (0)
>>>Pattern Analyzer (2)

>>Omega Squadron Pilot (22) (x3)
>>>Comm Relay (3)
>>>Juke (2)

Place Dorwitz at PS0. Right out of the gate put the three /fo's as far forwards as possible, with Dorwitz close behind. Give them all evade tokens. Now Juke is ready. Surge forward into the enemy, burning whatever the Upsilon's red forward maneuver is (but still getting action thanks to Pattern Analyzer) to keep it in the battle. By the rule of eleven, even if they only execute a 1 forward they'll be in range with a Juking TIE/fo right from round one, with the four dice attack Upsilon close behind.
>>
>>49933868

Yeah I've been loving the utility of Overclocked R4 in Mindlink squads. If I can fit this in I'm definitely taking it - refocusing your whole team halfway through a round is exceptional.
>>
>>49933868
Ooooh shit bitch, yeah it will!
>>
>>49933884
Zuckus is really damned good... But you do need to plan on all that potential stress. Dengaroo works because of Manaroo allowing Dengar to still get a focus, and his droid allowing him to recycle it. Once Manaroo is gone, Dengar loses a lot of his power. I wouldn't stick Zuckus on the same power level as Palp, but he is certainly mighty if you throw him on a damage dealer and plan for all that stress. Glad to see someone else has caught on to Wired + Zuckus. ..
>>
>>49933948

He's not as powerful as Palp, to be sure, but I'm tempted to argue he is better value than Palp. The guy costs all of a point.
>>
>>49933990
That is certainly correct. Palp is an expensivr addition to your list, and requires a shuttle, decimator, or soon to be added Upsilon. Zuckus requires 1 free point and an empty crew slot... which is something Scum are in no shortage of.
>>
File: Shadowport_Hunter_XWM.png (1MB, 935x500px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowport_Hunter_XWM.png
1MB, 935x500px
>>49933948
>>49933990

Zuckuss is better than Palp. His downsides aren't so bad that they can't be build around, and his power is through the roof. He's the card that makes Dengaroo, giving Dengar the ability to push through damage.

There's a reason no Scum ship has two crew slots beyond the YV-666. Zuckuss and Dengar are a hilariously broken combo, reigned in only by the one ship that can take it.

He will be literally broken once Scum gets its Epic ships. I'm honestly not sure what FFG is going to do then.

Palp by contrast mandates you spend at least a third of your list on him. While very powerful, the actual cost in taking him changes up far more.

>>49933837
Scum crew is good because it gives good value for cheap. Dengar is their only 3 point crew option and he's absolutely worth the points. Making even mediocre ships quite powerful.

I don't consider 3 points to be cheap, and so Rebel crew are not cheap. Also their best defensive crew got nerfed hard by the evade token FAQ and so are not nearly as good as they used to be.

I've used officer TIE shuttles extensively and took one to regionals going 4-2. They are also quite expensive or more limiting than Scum options.

I'm not saying that Rebels and Imperials don't have decent crew options, I just think Scum's are overall better.
>>
>>49934294
>Dengar is their only 3 point crew option
K4 Security Droid, and non-specific, Weapons Engineer, Navigator, Recon Specialist.
>>
>>49932930
I thought it was dumb when I first saw the movie, but that batlike design really grew on me.
>>
>>49932930
Same as >>49934357 I actually quite like it.
>>
>>49934357
>>49934413
The wings are way, way too big. Like cartoonishly big. If it had smaller wings, I'd like it.
>>
>>49932711

I like a lot of the thematics here, but I'll agree with others, nothing jumps out and grabs me. It's an interesting ship, and has some interesting uses. Op Spec seems like a big winner here, not faction locked and has a decent reach. Hyperwave Comm is interesting for all factions because it's a low cost tech with some interesting ability, but I don't think anyone will base a list around it.

Major Stridan is our top tier pilot here, with a decent ability which makes him suited to run support lagging behind a small flight or mini-swarm of cheap ships. And when it's all said and done, you still have a 6/6 ship with 4 primary left over. But people might make some of those other pilots work.

And I really wanna see a Lieutenant Dormitz w/ Hyperwave squad square off with an Old Han squad for the funsies. I wonder if any of the Quadjumpers will be able to do weird deployment.
>>
>>49934350
How could I forget K4, the card that gives PtL ships even greater action economy. Took that with Ventress and EU. Rang rings around a Palp Aces squad.

>>49934419
Your lack of devotion to large winged shuttles is highly worrisome.

Now the one in Rogue One? That one looks stupid. And we're going to get it in X-wing too, and it's going to have its own special mount.
>>
>>49932126

All it has over a fully-modded Ilum is Vicious 4 instead of Vicious 2. Which is very good, but the Krayt Dragon Pearl's biggest advantage is that it's powerful without modding. Assuming they're all fully-modded, a Mephite Crystal or Barab Ingot will out-damage a Krayt Dragon Pearl.
>>
>>49934509
>Now the one in Rogue One? That one looks stupid. And we're going to get it in X-wing too, and it's going to have its own special mount.
That one works okay as a super heavy lifter, but I think they should just make the full-sized sentinel instead.
>>
>>49934537
No no, I mean the personal transport shuttle that has ridiculous wings going down. It appears for the first few seconds in the newest trailer.

The super-heavy shuttle with two wing sets I can get behind. Should have still had one at the top though.
>>
>>49934294
>He will be literally broken once Scum gets its Epic ships. I'm honestly not sure what FFG is going to do then.
Not the correct use of the word literally... But I get what you're saying. The problem with a Scum Epic, is going to be what the hell epic Scum end up getting. I would not be surprised to see a less offensive, more support-based Scum ship. Such as a fat Hutt craft, with a certain well known character as a 2-slot crew option. The only way Zuckus is REALLY going to be broken on an Epic, is if the Epic has a way to go derp mode and fire several shots a turn.
>>
>>49934537
>>49934567
A lot of the nu-canon designs are a hit and miss, which is ironic because the Prequel designs were the best thing about those movies.
>>
>>49934468
>I wonder if any of the Quadjumpers will be able to do weird deployment.
I notice that 'Hyperwave' comes with the Quadjumper as well, so I'm betting at least one will have some kind of wrinkle when it comes to deployment.
>>
>>49934625
They've aged well. I remember at the time there were hordes of people who wouldn't shut up about the raygun gothic appeal of the prequel ships, and how they 'ruined star wars' and 'look like flash gordon'
>>
>>49934672
I'm not sure why people say they 'look advanced' sure, the CGI """"((((does))))"""" but in terms of designs the N1 and Grievous' Belbullab look like 40s-50s hotrods while the X-Wings and TIEs of the original trilogy would be resembling the more straight lines and edges designs of the 80s. I'd say its a perfect transition imo.
>>
File: WIP vsd29.jpg (259KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
WIP vsd29.jpg
259KB, 1024x768px
>Wings go up
>Wings go down
>Wings go up
>Wings go down
>Wings go up
>Wings go down
>Wings go up
>Wings go down
>Wings go up
>Wings go down

ok I'm done
>>
>>49932673
Are the anon that had a whole scum fleet pained in Black Suns style?
>>
>>49934726
I'm not sure why you would quote me and put 'look advanced' in little speech marks, and then build an argument to refute that, when I didn't say it.

P.S: Raygun Gothic is 40s and 50s.
>>
>>49934583
Mistrel-class yacht. Anything else really makes no sense. It's the perfect size for it at 150m, and is used by one of the bigger villains from the movies. And yes, Jabba's ship comes with turbolasers. It should have hardpoints, which means it can attack multiple times.

If it has even two hard points you take two HMs on it (every other combat Epic ship has three) and force your opponent to reroll all evades he gets at no cost to you for at least three attacks. The only thing that would stop me from doing that is if there was an epic-only option that was better.

>>49934625
They really are. I love a lot of things about the First Order, but then there's also a lot of crap in there that just doesn't work.

>>49934672

Prequel designs were almost all really good. It is supposed to be a more civilized age, that the Clone Wars then blew all to hell.
>>
>>49934567
>No no, I mean the personal transport shuttle that has ridiculous wings going down

>>49934739
Those are some enormous Macross soda-can missiles. I personally prefer having small turrets on either "Wing"
>>
>>49934672
>'look like flash gordon'
did people actually say that without a hint of irony? Because Star Wars, in it's entirety, is meant to be an omage to Flash Gordon!

>>49934726
>'look advanced'
this I do remember hearing when I was younger, and for a time believed it myself. But since then I've had time to re-evaluate that statement, and concluded that while the prequel ships certainly looked sleeker than OT ships, they were not more advanced (few Prequel fighters had Hyperdrives, Turbolasers were less efficient, capital ships were generally smaller, lasers were less effective the N-1s from episode 1 couldn't penetrate the shielding on a goddamn converted bulk freighter, something I never remember the X-wings having trouble with so, yeah, they look like they are more advanced than later ships, but when compared to actual OT ships will show their age)
>>
>>49934419
Agreed. The Batmobile looks like a bitch to park. The First Order must waste an absurd amount of space on oversized hangars.
>>
>>49934925
It's not easy to catch, but those wings telescope into one another to become smaller. You see it in a scene or two throughout the film.
>>
>>49934790
I'm just agreeing with you senpai. I'm refuting the age old argument that apparently Prequel ships look more advanced and out of place than the OT ones.

>>49934794
>They really are. I love a lot of things about the First Order, but then there's also a lot of crap in there that just doesn't work.
Unpopular opinion, but I like the First Order armor. I think it's a cool natural progression and wouldn't look out of place in the future Remnant in Legends. What I DON'T like is the Resurgence. In Legends we got cool shit like the Pellaeon-class that actually bothers to be a new ship. First time I saw the Finalizer in TFA I thought it was a squished ISD because they didn't have time to build a fully sized one. To my surprise, it's somehow smaller than an Executor and has the armaments of one. Not joking, a Finalizer-type ship apparently has 3k armaments.

>>49934889
This shows in Rogue Squadron games from 2 onwards where the N1 is an option but if you pick it you get blasted out of the sky within seconds during the harder missions.

Also, same argument can be said for KOTOR. Yeah, I don't like that they decided to go for the OT-look, but when you check the stats, they have AT MOST laser cannons. No turbolasers, simple laser cannons. And they only have a few of them, which explains why Taris looked like a fertile land. A single Interdictor Cruiser shot at it with its 15-20 laser cannons. There's also the fact that the biggest mainstay ship in KOTOR/SWTOR is about the size of a frigate from the OT era.

Yeah, they use personal shields on their troops but I think that was because of the huge abundance of Force Users on the sides of both the Republic and Sith Empire. During the OT, there's really only Vader on the Imperial side and Luke on the Rebel side. Inquisitors are mostly special forces in command of battles or going after singular characters, not charging into battle like the Jedi and Sith of old.
>>
>>49935153
>Unpopular opinion, but I like the First Order armor.
I'm OK with most of their Stormtrooper armor, but the helmets are horrendous. The helmet looks like it belongs in an episode of Tiny Toons parodying Star Wars, where all the Stormtroopers are ducks.
>>
File: sad trooper.jpg (34KB, 481x575px) Image search: [Google]
sad trooper.jpg
34KB, 481x575px
>>49935278
The flame troopers probably have trouble seeing anything, too. Plus, the helmet looks unfinished somehow. Maybe it's the lack of greeble.
>>
>>49934925
>>49935033
Im curious how much the wings will fold on the model. Looking at pictures of it in the packaging and on the table they go up and down a bit, but still looks like it'd be a bitch to get in my case
>>
>>49932126
>Lightsabers make Armor (and if you take it literally, soak entirely) irrelevant
Theoretically you can get enough soak to reduce lightsaber damage by a tiny bit, but that will take some combination of talents that give soak and/or heavily upgraded armor. Breach 1 lets you ignore 1 point of armor, which is equal to 10 points of soak. Without talents or armor upgrades, the highest soak a player character can get is 9 - Brawn 6 and one of the very few Soak 3 armors.

So yeah, lightsabers practically ignore all soak.
>>
>>49935335
It looks like a space-welding-mask to me.
>>
File: Blood_Sisters_Concept_Art_07.jpg (914KB, 1920x1081px) Image search: [Google]
Blood_Sisters_Concept_Art_07.jpg
914KB, 1920x1081px
Why do virtually all the ships from Rebels look so goddamn terrible?
>>
>>49935428
They can't realise that McQuarrie's work was concepts, it wasn't meant to be put into the big screen. It was meant to be a work in progress to eventually be finished off. It's going to be really triggering if they add the McQuarrie-Wings from TFA into Rebels.
>>
>>49935383
Seems fitting, then.
>>
>>49932082
Triple-Zero is my favorite new character from the comics. If he was anything other than polite and in a 3PO-series chassis, he'd be an unbearable edgelord, but the combination is just perfect.
>>
>>49935479
To be fair, T-70s are completely wihtin the realm of possibilities for the Lothal cell
>>
>>49935428
I honestly love that ship, though I'm a sucker for heavy fighters.
>>49935479
I still want them to introduce the Mon-Cal cruiser concepts as their own ships, those things looked so deliciously retro.
>>
>>49935511
Well, they have a VCX Freighter and the VCX line wasn't made until like the Vong War so it seems fitting to have another ship from the future.
>>
>>49935511
No they aren't! Why the fuck would they have a T-70 before Yavin? Anon T-70's didn't even exist in universe until way after RoTJ.
>>
>>49935575
He's BB-8ing us.
>>
>>49935428
I love that particular ship. It really fits as a Bounty Hunter or Sector Ranger starship.

Others not so much.

>>49935479
Yeah, I like McQuarrie for thinking out a lot of his concept work, but I think the model-makers themselves deserve a lot more credit.
>>
>>49934739
NOT A FIGHTER
>>
>>49935479
>Rebel supply clerks
>Wasting precious X-wings on a unit as unlucky/incompetent as Phoenix Squadron
Any Rebel who green-lights that idea deserves to be shitcanned and transferred to the galactic equivalent of 29 Palms.
>>
>>49935628
>Phoenix squadron is totally shit, can't you see how shit they are, omg they are so shit
>>
>>49935575
Okay, make them T-69s or whatever. Just an upgraded, souped-up X-Wing to capitalize on Ezra and Kanan's force-augmented piloting skills.
>>
>>49935711
They are pretty shit.

I mean holy damn they're such absurd redshirts.

>>49935888
That's dumb.
>>
Is Darth Maul going to end up joining the Rebellion?

Can we expect to see him in Rogue 1?
>>
>>49935907
As much as I like to see a good-aligned Dark Sider (though I don't want it to be fucking Maul...), I think he's just going to go crime lord again.
>>
>>49935897
So was everyone at Yavin cell, with exception to Luke and Wedge and Keyan Farlander.
>>
>>49934511
Honestly I'm just glad that, with Breach 1 being a thing, even a completely unmodded Ilum crystal is sufficient to one-shot a stormtrooper mook with every slash.
>>
>>49936034
Against Vader's personal squadron and surface guns (Mostly ineffective surface guns but they were still there)
>>
>>49935609
Noice.
>>
I wonder, how widespread were CIS ships after the Clone Wars ended? Were there some odd pirate groups that had both Providences and Venators in them? Did some CIS hardware end up ironically in Imperial warlord hands after the Empire went down?
>>
>>49935888
They should just fetch some Delta 7B's or ETA-2s tbqh.
>>
>>49935907
Please, for the love of Force, no. Let Maul die or retire already.
>>
>>49935428
Anyone who thinks the Dreadnought looks good doesn't deserve to have an opinion.
>>
>>49936102
Surface guns didn't do anything other than look scary. And Phenix cell managed to actually escape Vader. All Yavin cell did right, was throw a plot-hook farmboy behind the controls of a million-credit spess fighter.
>>
File: ImperialDreadnaught-SWR.png (22KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
ImperialDreadnaught-SWR.png
22KB, 400x200px
>>49936118
Presumably they were confiscated by the Republic/Empire. Some were probably scrapped, some probably refitted for civilian/local duty.

The Corporate Sector probably got a shit-ton of surplus through shady backroom deals and banking guild shenanigans.

>>49936234
Say that to my overbite, not on the Holonet.
>>
>>49936247
I don't believe Vader even had support during the Phoenix battle.
>>
>>49936302
I don't believe Vader's support during Yavin actually did anything more than sabotage his efforts to kill the protagonist.
>>
>>49936247
>>49936314
I think you're confusing theory and plot.

You might as well claim that the E-11 has terrible accuracy, because the stormtroopers never hit the heroes. Or claim that the Death Star isn't actually a superweapon, because it only managed to kill two out of three targets.
>>
>>49936280
I'm sorry, they're ugly. They look like warty dicks.
>>
>>49936314
The ones doing the sabotaging were Tarkin, Han, and Mithel (the fuckstick who panicked and crashed into Vader). The V-man himself would almost certainly have killed Luke if Tarkin had scrambled more fighters, if Han hadn't grown a conscience, or if Mithel hadn't lost his cool.
>>
>>49936390
Whoops, misread the previous anon's post. I read "Vader's support" as "the support Vader provided" rather than "Vader's wingmen."
>>
>>49918054
It started before that even, I have no idea what's up with it.
>>
>>49936353
>I think you're confusing theory and plot
Yes, I believe I'm purposely lampshading that. The casualties that Pheonix squadron accrue are largely due to having a seemingly inexhaustible supply of no-eyes random pilots to take bullets for the main characters. In the end, they're all just dying for plot.
>>
>>49915543
We are restarting a previous group because our previous campaign's characters didn't have much reason to go on together and some people left the group and another wants to join.

What would be a good start for a campaign with chars that actually have a reason to adventure together. I kind of thought of a jedi in exile that survived 66 as a padawan and has as an adult protected three force sensitive kids from the empire. Would appreciate some other ideas to consider

>>49916115
The nazi stance on homosexuality was weird. They tolerated it when beneficial, but played it up when it was beneficial to them as well. Their official stance was that it was degenerate and made it part of their public propaganda, but only on male homosexuality. Female homosexuality was not something that existed in their eyes. Only males could be homosexual.

They also introduced very harsh legislature regarding male homosexuality that survived into the Federal Republic of Germany unquestioned and led to a lot of suffering because the early republic was VERY conservative and strongly opposed to all things sexual.

Those that managed to keep it private and had good connections to the party had not much to fear if they didn't indulge in it publicly, but those that did not have connections or were known publically were sent straight to the concentration camps. They had to wear the infamous pink markers on their clothes as a sign of their "crime" there.

Take the SA for example. Their leader was gay and overproportionally many of their members as well and that was perfectly a-ok for the party leadership when they needed the SA, but as soon as the SA started to gain momentum as an entity with power and became a thorn in the sides of the party, they were disbanded and their leader punished for what previously didn't matter because it made for a good public reason internally consistent with the ideology.

So it was a combination of opportunism and "can't go back on what we said before"
>>
>>49936421
It's a worrying trend, because not only is it changing the prequel canon (which people probably don't mind) but it's contradicting Obi-Wan/Leia in Episode IV. If they start screwing with the OT then we're definitely back in Lucas territory.
>>
>>49935907

I think hes going to die this season. He'll go fight Obi Wan one last time and get his ass beat
>>
>>49936429
Counterpoint: Phoenix Squadron lost six dudes to three non-villain Interceptors at the start of the last episode. Even when the Heroes aren't around, they take heavy casualties.
>>
>>49936464
Counterpoint: They were showcasing the Interceptor, and how badass it is.
>>
>>49936522
Counterpoint: Suck my nuts.
>>
>>49936553
Counterpoint: Would gladly. But you'd be tied down, and I bite. The safeword is "meat-enema".
>>
So are we absolutely sure HotR comes out this Thursday?
>>
>>49936522
>and how badass it is
Meanwhile, at Endor, a Y-wing, of all things, vaped two squints in as many shots. And it wasn't even Horton Salm. It was a random Red Squadron grunt, IIRC. Did Lucasfilm hire Akira Toriyama to handle nucanon starship power levels or something?
>>
>>49936644

It was Horton I think. Wedge calls him Red 2 but its an editing goof
>>
>>49936644
>Meanwhile, at Endor, a Y-wing, of all things, vaped two squints in as many shots.
Well, if battlefront 2, and x-wing, and EotE are anything to go by, the thing CAN punch like a motherfucker. The challenge with the Y-wing is getting someone in the cross-hairs long enough to take the shot.
>>
This thread is now the ultimate power in the universe! We don't need another one!

>>49936696
>>49936696
>>49936696
>>49936696
>>49936696
>>
>>49936644
Weren't all the Y-Wings Grey Squadron?
>>
>>49936644
That's because at the time RotJ was made there wasn't too much thought about the roles of each ship(with the exception of the TIE bomber) in the films. The actual people composing the shots used models that looked good and would show up on greenscreen, not to the later developed idea that A-wings were fast and Y-wings were slow. That's why B-wings don't show up in any dogfighting shots-their thin wings made them impossible to use in special effects shots.
>>
>>49936786
Wedge mentions "Red Two" shortly after the Y-wing kills those squints. He also says calls for a "Red Three" and "Red Two" to form up during the fight scene, and IIRC, one of the fighters to do so is a Y-wing. The other fighter, presumably Red Three, is an A-wing.
>>
>>49936765
Uh, we're only on page 5.
>>
File: rotj speed chart.jpg (46KB, 600x412px) Image search: [Google]
rotj speed chart.jpg
46KB, 600x412px
>>49936814
>not to the later developed idea that A-wings were fast and Y-wings were slow.
Production notes indicated that A-wings were meant to be the fastest fighters in the film.
>>
>>49936818
Holy shit, so THAT'S why you had an A-wing and Y-wing as wingmates in the Rouge Squadron 2 Endor mission. Thanks anon, that shit bugged the hell out of me when I replayed it last year.
>>
>>49936765
You have to wait until Page 7.
>>
>>49936849
But the Y-wing is just as fast as an X, not a slow hambeast. Though I will concede on the A-wing.
>>
File: Y-Wing Pilot NRJ.jpg (99KB, 751x570px) Image search: [Google]
Y-Wing Pilot NRJ.jpg
99KB, 751x570px
>>49936849
>MGLT speed was a thing as of the production notes.

Neat. Learned something new.
>>
>>49936826
>>49936907
just be thankful no one from /stg/ got in first. apparently we trolled them by creating their new thread.
>>
>>49936918
I intended just to contradict the A-wing point. I don't disagree with the point about the Y-wing's slowness.
>>
>>49934739
NOT A TIE
>>
>>49936918
That's also reflected in XWM. The Y-Wing's dial is really similar to the X-Wing's, but not quite as "comfy".
>>
>>49934625

>V-Wing

Shit

>Aethyrsprite

Just an A-wing, no credit awarded

>Eta-2

Okay, maybe a 7/10. Love how you are literally looking down the barrels of the cannons.

>Fully fared Y-Wing

Eeeeh, it's just a Y-wing, but not bad.

>Clone Z-95

No credit for yet another Z-95, but at least it's a good looking one.

>Torrent

Literally an uglier Starcraft Wraith.

>ARC-170

...okay, you have a point here. Dat everything.

>all of the droid and Sep fighters besides the Vultures

Dumb.
>>
>>49937080
But what about the Space Studebaker?
>>
File: mk 1 z95.jpg (267KB, 864x485px) Image search: [Google]
mk 1 z95.jpg
267KB, 864x485px
>>49937080
>good looking
>those tiny, tiny canards
>those tiny, tiny cannons
>no swing-wings
>none of the rugged muscle car appeal of a properly drawn classic Headhunter
TCW Headhunters are pretty meh.
>>
>>49937080
>>all of the droid and Sep fighters besides the Vultures
>Dumb.
I like the Tri-Droid, the Gunship, the Hyenas and the pre-hyena bomber also the teeny tiny techno union superlight interceptors.

Plus the capital ships.
>>
>>49934739
NOT A TIIIIIIIIIE
>>
File: IMG_20161024_155144.jpg (285KB, 1080x1269px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161024_155144.jpg
285KB, 1080x1269px
FINALLY. fuck painting t70's. What a gorram nightmare this was. Turned out decent though I think.
>>
>>49937185
Nice, crisp lines.
>>
>>49935428
My bounty hunter wants one of those.

The ships look bad because the show's budget is dogshit, and they went CGI rather than real art. A properly detailed model of most of the Rebels stuff would look great.
>>
>>49935969
Vader's going to kill him. He'll die begging.
>>
File: IMG_20161024_160658.jpg (293KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161024_160658.jpg
293KB, 1080x1080px
>>49937213
Got the army painter psycho at the recommendation of a warhammer painter at my flgs who also showed me how to tape off correctly for lines like that. Helped alot in getting it right. Can't recommend that brush enough. Really elevated my painting alot.
>>
>>49937331
It looks really good man. You've done a cracking job.
>>
File: IMG_20161024_161713.jpg (2MB, 2304x2706px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161024_161713.jpg
2MB, 2304x2706px
>>49937352

Thanks you! I don't know that I'll do anymore t70's cause of how long this one took and what a pain it was, but I'll definitely be applying what I learned from this to my future stuff. I feel like I could go back and add some of those lines in red to this b-wing and it would really elevate the look of it.
>>
Hey does anyone know what the latest version of oggdudes character generator is?
>>
>>49937736
No, but if you go to the FFG thread of it, whatever is linked (either in the first post or the guy's signature) should always be the latest one.
>>
>>49937220
>The ships look bad because the show's budget is dogshit
No one actually thinks this do they? Fucking budget-fags are always full retard.
>>
>>49939448
It's a mix of budget and being overly-direct with porting concept art where it doesn't belong.

The IDSs are very much a "Concept art where it doesn't belong" issue.

The changes to the Arquitens can point out some evidence of budget constraints like certain polygon model features being reduced to textures. Though they don't look too much worse for wear because of it.

Another issue is how the ships move, they move like the slower portions of ANH, and even that was partly down to budget.
>>
>kylo ren is dogshit

thanks ffg
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.