[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gnome Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

>that feel when some chad human fighter steals your lucky Wishing Pebble
>>
Kill
All
Gnomes
>>
Is it even possible to make gnomes cool?
Or are they the designated joke race?
Even halflings get more respect.
>>
Gnome girls are the only shortstacks I need in my life.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (65KB, 654x800px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
65KB, 654x800px
>>49910785
Except Hasbro keeps shitting the bed.
>>
>>49910728
There needs to be some strong distinction between them and Halflings.
You also have to abandon their cutesy appearance.
No brightly coloured hair, no squeaky voices, especially no fucking clockwork.
Play up the recklessness and adventurousness of Gnomes, but don't compromise it with stupidity.
>>
>>49911011
>Play up the recklessness and adventurousness of Gnomes

But halflings already stole that in their thieve-y dnd version.
>>
>>49910807
What the fuck is that. A zika baby?
>>
>>49910728

I've run a game where gnomes were basically just the halfling equivalent of a half-elf instead of being a true race on their own. They were looked down upon in elven society but respected by halflings since they were basically living proof that some halfling somewhere managed to swoon an elf. It worked okay enough and let me avoid having to try and find a niche for them to fill that wasn't already taken by another race.
>>
>>49911110
Well good for them.
Make your own fucking version.
One you'll be happy with.
>>
File: 1475024363632.jpg (3KB, 59x76px) Image search: [Google]
1475024363632.jpg
3KB, 59x76px
>>49910610
>mfw there's an unprotected enemy spellcaster I, as a humanoid (giant), can throw our gnome rogue at
>>
Svirfneblin manage to be not ok sometimes.
>>
File: droki_2sm_by_bryansyme-d992jnn.jpg (236KB, 694x1000px) Image search: [Google]
droki_2sm_by_bryansyme-d992jnn.jpg
236KB, 694x1000px
>>49913787
damn, I meant ok
>>
>>49911216
>Gnomes as a mixed race

>half elf & half halfling

Not...

>half dwarf & half halfling

You dun goofed.
>>
File: tmp_6932-gnome2458084908.gif (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6932-gnome2458084908.gif
18KB, 300x300px
>>49911011
>let's fix Gnomes by taking away everything that makes them fun.

No thanks. I'll keep my gnomes as tinkerers & tricksters.
>>
>>49911011
...is clockwork cute to you?
>>
What would a gnome city look like? The only reference I can think of off the top of my head is WoW shit, but that doesn't really cover the non-tinkerer kind of gnome (and frankly I'd rather just forget the tinker kind exist)
>>
>>49914910
well for one tinker gnomes are the best

and two depends on the setting and what you think of gnomes

if its more fey folk, heavily wooded areas with buildings built out of nature

if its just mages, towers and swamp huts

if its super mundane because you dislike gnomes then small cottages
>>
Mother. Fucking. Eberron.

Gnomes are not your cutesy, happy little gnomes. These are your intellectual gnomes that gather knowledge wherever they can grasp it. Historians, Alchemists, Wizards, that's what you think of when you hear the word Gnome in Eberron. They take things seriously... perhaps a bit too well, as they've formed a nation for themselves and are quite proficient in the game of Politics. They're cunning, manipulative bastards, but damn them if they don't seem honest and friendly at first sight.

Seriously, every one of this "[race] is dumb" threads can be resolved with Eberron. It made a good aligned Drow playable without having to play a Fuck-awful Drizzt clone.
>>
>>49911244
At this point, fuck all these fey little shits. Elves, gnomes, halflings, kenders, dwarves, hobbits and all your variants and one offs, get in the blender. We're going to strain out all your shitty parts and get a solid shortstack product back. While we're add it, toss in the pixies, fairies, sprites and similar tiny fucks. They each have like half a quality worth keeping around so we'll consolidate our assets.
Now toss hobgoblins, orcs, and bugbears, and goblins in another blender. Unnecessary bullshit if you ask me, if we end up with too much we'll have a nice side of gobbo but the orc doesn't need other big nasties.
What's that? A third blender? That's right lizardfolk, dragonborn, half-dragons, kobolds, and other reptilians. You're all gonna make a nice Argonian-flavored sorbet.
Devils, demons, demodands, daemons, oni, what have you. Blender number 4, sorry daimones but this is not your day, get lost.
Angels, solars, archons, and other celestial shit? We've got a brand new shiny spinny juice maker from the Sharper Image.
The furry races? They just go in the garbage disposal. End of story.
There I fixed the races. Any other takers? Ogres, giants, trolls, jotunn, etc want in? We've got a plus sized blender for 'ya. Slop off some of that troll goo into the orc vat I guess.
>>
>>49915094
Congratulations! You're more annoying than gnomes
>>
File: my-nigga-o.gif (283KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
my-nigga-o.gif
283KB, 320x240px
>>49915008
>Eberron
>>
>>49910728
I made them really sociopaths, less lolsorandum and more like the dwemer.

They like kobolds, have some innate inborn hate for them and is at war against the entire race.
>>
>>49910728
Gnomes tend to attract the same types of players as Kender and Fishmalks. So... really it's the players that ruin them. Not that they're really anything to write home about to begin with.
>>
Warcraft ruined gnomes.
>>
>>49915950
Warcraft made gnomes relevant.
And their girls hot.
>>
>>49914910

I created a gnome city in my previous campaign (my players ended up not going there but oh well). It was a mirage city in the desert (playing on the gnomes' abilities with illusions and magic) which could appear at random places. Since it was the only truly gnomish bastion, it needed to be protected, autarkic and very hard to find. The inside was a Thousand Nights City With Minarets Everywhere.
>>
>>49915008
Don't forget the secret ninja police.
>>
>>49910807

That is what happens when you breed a gnome with an elf. Nature did not intend for such a thing to transpire.
>>
>>49910610
>rasengan!
>>
File: Imperial_Gnomes.jpg (51KB, 600x361px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial_Gnomes.jpg
51KB, 600x361px
>>49911011

And then you get hippie halflings. No thanks man - part of what makes gnomes unique, something they otherwise only share with humans and maybe certain types of fairy (not fae, fairy) is that they're able to spend equal devotion to nature, technology, and magic without contradicting themselves. A gnome is capable of thinking of things in the long term and then using all materials accessible to them towards achieving a goal, and rarely do two gnomes come to the same conclusion of something.
>>
I like gnomes as stylish inventors with an affinity with magic and a trickster strike

I never really understood those who dislike them because they "take up another roll" like as they are with out changing are pretty unique, once you take away traits or add traits to other races they become muddled

Gnomes are by far my favorite race
>>
>>49915008
All of this. Eberron gnomes know what's up. They know you, they know your enemies, and they're not afraid to sell one to the other if it suits their interests.

That said, Dragonlance tinker gnomes will always have a special place in my heart.
>>
In my setting gnomes are rare, very few people have even met one. They almost exclusively live on an island continent that has an open portal to the feywild underneath it.
They are going to turn the continent into a giant elemental. If my players don't put the pieces together before it gets activated they are going to have some interesting problems to overcome.
>The ground starts shaking
>"Why?"
>You don't know, it's just an earthquake
>3 days later the earthquake is still going
>Shit.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.