[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does your last setting fair against an Imperial invasion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

File: Hammer of the Emperor.jpg (85KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
Hammer of the Emperor.jpg
85KB, 960x640px
How does your last setting fair against an Imperial invasion?
>>
>>49908918
Pretty damn good.
>>
>Forgotten Realms.

Pretty shit desu famalam
>>
>>49908918
>OGWOD

huh...interesting.
>>
>>49908918
It has better artwork at least.
>>
>>49909772
If you're talking about 40k 7e, or BL CG covers, most settings do.
>>
>>49908918
>How does your last setting fair against an Imperial invasion?

What IS the actual military tech level of the Imperium of man?
(This question also extends to any magic they may have at their disposal- I know they're anti-psych/magic or whatever, but I'm not completely familiar with whats canon anymore)

I keep hearing mixed things, so it's why I'm asking.
>>
>>49908918
>Only War
We are part of the invasion force.
>>
>>49910058
The IoM can pull off human wave tactics easily.

Your equipment is worth more than you are, unless you're a noble. Then it's worth slightly less then you are.

Because in the grim-darkness of the 41st millenia, human lives are worth less than the dirt they're fighting for.

Also, the guns and armor are actually ridiculously tough, it's just that everything gets muddled about since Space Marines and super strong xenos are the standard of power gauging when everyone looks at them.

An IG lasgun in the canon has a power about from anywhere in the range of .50 cal or slightly stronger AK of today. Really depends on who's writing, but let's go with the .50.

IG flak armor is also extremely strong, and very light for the amount of protection it offers, being able to stop bullets easily.

Chainswords are well, chainswords. You can imagine the effect of a chainsaw on someone/thing, now inmagine a reinforced one in the shape of a sword that can easily cut through non-IG body armor, like what we'd have today.

This is just the regular joes. Heck, Power Swords can cut through Power Armor. Power Armor is akin to wearing a modern day tank in suit form. Imagine some random commissar walking up to a Tiger and slicing into it with his sword.

For all the pseudo-WWI/II/40's/50's/60's tech the IoM has got going on, you must remember that they are extremely advanced.
>>
>>49908918
Poorly. We have magic that doesn't cause people to explode into daemons and less clunky tech, but the Imperium can just fall back to the ol' "drown them in bodies" strategy.
>>
>>49908918
>Eclipse Phase

That kinda depends. How well do antimatter torpedoes do against Void Shields? Does the Imperium have anything other than exterminatus that can deal with widespread nanoswarms? And, most importantly, how do Async powers interact with the Warp? How do the TITANs?

I hate throwing settings together like this.
>>
>>49910191
>Chaos made the TITANs go rogue
>>
>>49910208
Chaos is the ETI?

Or is Chaos at war with the ETI?
>>
>>49908918
>Stars Without Number
The sector's fucked. We have superior damn near everything, but they have numbers and fanaticism. Not to mention that even their smaller starships are bigger and tankier than just about anything the fleets in the sector have available.
>>
File: IMG_5978.jpg (50KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5978.jpg
50KB, 480x270px
>>49910228
>>
>>49909617
There are enough Dragons and high level casters there to probably warrant exterminatus, though a few will probably get onto the Imperial fleet before that happens and either start fucking shit up or making mad dosh, depending on who it is.

The last one I played is Golarion, which is pretty much the same but without as many (active) high level characters.
>>
>>49908918
The invasion wouldn't be much of an invasion if it gets stonewalled before hitting the first line of defense.
>>
>>49908918
The Imperials are stronger than 99% of my setting but my setting employs Touhou style conceptual weaponry.

So mostly it's a matter of how long it takes for someone to give a fuck.
>>
>>49910175
The IoM fields anything from literal cavemen in human wave tactics to regiments that are basically SM lite and everything in between.
>>
>>49908918
>nWoD
We're fucked and conquered.
>>
File: 1419670424666.jpg (58KB, 519x504px) Image search: [Google]
1419670424666.jpg
58KB, 519x504px
>>49910073
Samesies, muh nigga.
>>
File: Dealwithitheretic.png (37KB, 324x288px) Image search: [Google]
Dealwithitheretic.png
37KB, 324x288px
>>49908918
>Dark Heresy
Well, I'm with the =][=, so I'm good.
>>
>>49908918
The Galactic Empire? Probably decently. The stormtrooper corps and army are more or less the IG right down to the walkers, but with none of the logistics issues or early WW1 tactics. Both use AFVs with frankly stupid designs.

The Imperial Fleet has smaller ships on average, but they're in much better shape, more disposable, and have vastly superior strategic mobility. Assuming this is the height of the Empire, they have a Death Star with plans for more, an exterminatus weapon impressive even by 40k standards (and with no magical farm boys to threaten it).

Ignoring psyker woo woo shit and the force, I figure that the Imperium can carry individual battles of roughly similar fleet weight where they can muster their ships, but that the Galactic Empire wins in the long run through sheer logistics and marginally better tactics.
>>
>>49910175
>human lives are worth less than the dirt they're fighting for

Isn't this always the case with war. If it wasn't worth their life, they wouldn't risk their life.
>>
Me any my friends were just talking about some sort of metroid game, so using that I think the imperium is gonna run into a fuckton of problems as the metroid universe is a good bit more advanced than it, literally.

>Remember the Horus rebellion
>>
A land invasion, probably could hold out for a short time. A civilization that's barely even at the beginning of the Industrial Revolution buffed by arcane and Godly magicks. But eventually they'll fall.

A full on invasion, the Imperial forces would be destroyed by the semi-sentient AI on the moon.
>>
>>49910191
>That kinda depends. How well do antimatter torpedoes do against Void Shields?
You can always blow them up prematurely to ensure that they not just disappear. EP tech allows to do it with nice precision.

>Does the Imperium have anything other than exterminatus that can deal with widespread nanoswarms
Techpriests do have things for that. Though, thank Omnissiah, they rarely use it. In case of emergency they always can just create a radiation emitter to fry everything small enough in a certain radius. Give it to spacemarines and send them forward.

>And, most importantly, how do Async powers interact with the Warp?
Depends on how you want to play it. Either they are weak but more stable psykers or it's entirely different thing.

>How do the TITANs?
They are basically analogue to Tyranid only younger. Materium based hive mind. Only where Tyranid started with biological constructs TITANs are a mechanical one. They probably can't throw punches like a full blown Chaos God but should be able to go toe to toe with Greater Daemons.
>>
>>49908918
>rifts earth
One of the few settings that could probably withstand an IOM invasion
>>
>>49910175
I always get miffed at the idea of lasguns being utterly useless against everything else because I was similarly raised under the notion that "lasgun = 50 BMG" (comic books and novels and stuff where a single shot explodes heads into gore, separates entire limbs, cuts an unarmored person in half, etc.)

And, dude. If you've ever actually SEEN a .50 BMG in action, you'd know that nothing, absolutely NOTHING could survive a shot like that to the head. That shit cuts through humvees like a factory-grade laser cuts through a single sheet of cardboard. They're the size of a dollar-fucking-bill, for God's sake!

Now imagine having a weapon with no recoil, whose projectile is unaffected by wind, range, or velocity, sturdy enough to withstand repeated spam-fire, and it fires 200 hundred of the motherfuckers within seconds. Also, it recharges to full capacity by leaving it out to dry underneath the fucking SUN.

Do you know how much sheer...FIREPOWER that is? Do you know what you've just done?! You've given EVERY SINGLE one of your guys a handheld minigun, and then you took away the weight of the ammo, the maintenance of the gun, and the bulkiness of the barrels and just said "yeah, okay, go nuts".

Fuck you. Not even the eldar could survive 10 rounds of BMG to the face. NOTHING can survive 10 rounds of BMG to the face, save for orks and tyranids, but in their case, they're still dying, and they're still going to be flesh flavored spaghetti covering the walls and floors, but afterwards, they'll just up themselves back again and get right to it.

Like, this is a clear cut case of Hollywoodizing their gun-research, which is, I guess, understandable, because the UK doesn't do /k/; but don't tell me the British don't have a goddamn army.

Lasguns OP as fuck. Realistically speaking, 100 guardsmen could EASILY fuck up 20 Space Marines in a full-frontal assault.
>>
>>49908918
The god-kings ain't gonna stand for that shit. Nor are the real gods, for that matter.

Unless the IoM is leveraging literally several million guardsmen at the setting, it's gonna be okay. Otherwise, IoM wins by attrition, because while the god-kings can wipe out regiments with a punch, they have a finite amount of mana with which to augment themselves which will eventually run out.
>>
>>49908918
>Anima BF
Piss easy
>>
>>49916449
>.50 BMG can even come close to penetrating a modern tank
this is what you're saying.
You're saying that 100 men with Barret .50, infinite ammo, and laser bullets, could defeat 20 M1 Abrams tanks.
>>
File: The_Covenant_Empire.jpg (133KB, 1600x780px) Image search: [Google]
The_Covenant_Empire.jpg
133KB, 1600x780px
>Imperium versus Covenant

I think I read a bad fan fic about that once.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 500x273px)
image.jpg
38KB, 500x273px
The terrinoth civilization is now dead, including the Dragonlord Margath and all 16 of my PCs (4 of which were from dugeonquest)

A sad day indeed
>>
>>49910305
Still even high level characters doesn't stand a chance against a massive science fiction army like the Imperial Guard.
>>
>>49908918

>Exalted

Well after they lose the first four landing waves to various groups mind controlling them and someone leaps up to the fleet in orbit and starts throwing ships at one another and another guy deflects the cyclonic torpedoes using a sword, I'm going to assume the Imperium is going to be all "Fuck this shit."
>>
>TES
Erm... Pretty shitty I guess.
>>
>>49916449
Well thats just because, like someone else said, of what they are being compared against.

.50's are terrifying, but when its compared to things like bolters, eldar shuriken toys, and all the other crazy shit out there, with armour designed to protect against 'that'.

Yea, you can see how people get the idea that lasguns are bad
>>
>>49916724
But what if the Imperiums forces qualify for Exaltations as well, what then Anon?
>>
>>49915137
Space Marines tho anon. Space Marines will wreck your day. In a 40k story a chapter of Space Marines rammed their chapter flagship into basically the 40k Death Star so they could board it. They all died but managed to tear it apart from the inside.
>>
>>49917449
With all the constant heroics a war requires, someone is going to exalt. With their numbers it's probably going to be increasingly the Imperium.

A solar exalted Sister sounds like a super-saint. I can't imagine many of the other types of exalt being well received though with the imperium being as anti-supernatural as they are though.

That said, Creation in exalted is wonky in that the size of it expands with the population. Meaning an invasion of perhaps millions of soldier causes it to balloon. The feyfolk will be pissed.
>>
File: Chromatic White (Zothane).jpg (590KB, 850x1202px) Image search: [Google]
Chromatic White (Zothane).jpg
590KB, 850x1202px
>Attempting to invade the private domains of elder horrors so strong they could accidentally unthink the warhammer franchise by accident.
>>
>>49917634
The Imperium would still do it. They have no regrets anon. No regrets at all.
>>
>>49917654
At least for that I praise them.
>>
>>49915072
>Well, I'm with the =]
[=, so I'm good.
;]
>>
File: moveop.jpg (92KB, 840x708px) Image search: [Google]
moveop.jpg
92KB, 840x708px
Pretty sure the IoM gets the fucking crap beat out of them.
>>
This is an odd one.
The setting is Earth, Midnight, October the Twelth GMT, 1999 as of the last session.

BUT, there are literal gods, demons, monsters from beyond time and space who are kinda invested in the status quo, or who have their own plans and don't like anyone mixing things up before they get there.
So Earth is screwed, the moment the first wave makes planetfall, Earth has changed forever.
However the Imperium will lose very quickly after that as everyone pile-drives them back to the 41st millenia so fast the warp will get whiplash.

Then comes the messy aftermath as everyone suddenly becomes distinctly aware of everyone else.
Hopefully they'll all have enough sense to retreat or try to come to an arrangement of some kind rather then a straight out bloodbath as they try to claim what remains.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.