[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 354
Thread images: 44

File: 1475301356200.jpg (269KB, 1034x775px) Image search: [Google]
1475301356200.jpg
269KB, 1034x775px
Stop the x is TEQ equivalent meme edition

>Rules (PDFs and EPUBs welcome, good luck)
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
Next batch of made to order WHEN?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1477105429878.jpg (16KB, 622x350px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1477105429878.jpg
16KB, 622x350px
>>49908792
First for russ have better rules than Angron even without full release
>>
So I'm a 40k newfag, and got completely tabled today. Which is fine, but the dude did employ one tactic I thought was kinda bullshit, so I figured I'd ask here to see if it's legal.

His 2k Eldar vs my 1k Eldar + other dudes 1k Tau. He takes the Armoured Container Cache thing as his fort, then plants his Wraithguard on it first turn. They then use the torrent rule to fire their D-Scythes 18'', creating a 24'' bubble of fuck you right in the centre of the table. He said that because D-Scythes are flamer weapons, they benefit from the torrent rule this fort grants. I couldn't see any rule against it, but it seemed really bullshitty, as he just fired 5 D templates at anything that came close to his core.

Was this legal, and I was playing against an asshat, or was it illegal, and I was playing against an even bigger asshat? He wiped out a Ghostkeel and 3 Crisis suits first turn, game was pretty much over after that. Not fun at all.
>>
>>49908826
He's cheating, they're not flamer weapons.
>>
>>49908826
>He said that because D-Scythes are flamer weapons
D-Scythes aren't flamer weapons. Read the rulebook, it's got a list.

Punch him in the dick next time he tries that.
>>
>>49908826
The rule as written is:

>Any flamer weapon (as defined in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook) fired by a non-vehicle model within 2" of a Promethium Relay Pipe in the Shooting phase can change its weapon type from Assault to Heavy, or from Pistol to Heavy.

You can bring that up with him the next time you see him.
>>
File: Fire Desire.jpg (38KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
Fire Desire.jpg
38KB, 848x480px
Prospero box has volkite weapons.

GW won't make anything in plastic that can't be used in both systems.

Space Marines are getting regular volkite in 40k.

Forge World status: cucked
>>
Ork wimp rules are actually fluffy as hell because in the background, they're basically dumb, disposable vermin destined to do something stupid then blow up.

Their only redeeming trait is being able to spring back from any cull with their super-breeding spore powers and self sustained ecosystem. Even that just makes them second rate, less scary Tyranids.

Orks are a threat only because they're a numerous nuisance not polite enough to wait until you've finished dealing with real threats. A distraction that could doom everyone by drawing valuable resources from more important fronts. By wasting ammo and lives.
>>
>>49908826
Go and slap him for cheating. Template weapons aren't Flame weapons. Flame Weapons are defined by the BRB; look it up.
Also, using d-scythes against a beginner is an incredibly shitty thing to do, so there's that as well.
>>
Best loadout for SoS?

>>49908879
>oh a new post
>oh, hmm, good
>cucked

Oh for fuck sake...
>>
>>49908879
Does that mean that chaos gets something good?
>>
How brutal can be the Kroot?
>>
File: 1475062678146.png (568KB, 747x540px)
1475062678146.png
568KB, 747x540px
>>49908917
No, it means LOYALISTS are going to get something good.

>tfw you can already sense the impotent rage of chaos fanboys covering the thread
>>
>>49908916
flamers and a spare rhino

cluck
>>
>>49908945

Fortunately that's super easy to deal with these days. I just play loyalists marines and pretend they're chaos.
>>
>>49908961
So... Alpha legion?
>>
>>49908961

How do you simulate Daemon Engines and allied daemons?
>>
>>49908916

Forge world has struggled to separate 30k and 40k, but GW has been slapping them together to make more money. Forge World's opinion means shit compared to the almighty dollar.
>>
>>49908945
Surely the 1ksons brings something good right? the terminators or something 30kish.

It would be downright mental if only loyalists got to keep their good stuff this time around... Right?
>>
>>49908879
>on pre heresy models
>that can only get loyalist
>"production of the ancient volkite weapons have begun once again in Mars and undisclosed forgeworlds"
>lol loyalist only
I can see it now, a shitstorm the likes are rarely seen.
>>
>>49908917
Actually this would be really cool if GW finally stopped being cocks and gave Volkite to Chaos but not Loyalists to diversify the factions a bit.
>>
>>49908973

Mostly Skitarrii/Cult mech stuff.
>>
First for Cruddace should be tossed out into the streets and then publically flogged.

Everyone should start shitting on him on GWs facebook where they are actually reading and responding to comments until we get him fired.
>>
>>49908973
I think it's funny that anytime someone mentions using loyalist rules for traitors, someone pops in to sperg about Daemon Engines and Daemons. Not everybody uses them, numbnuts.
>>
>>49909056
Because that'll work.
>>
File: thin.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
thin.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
>>49908978
>>49908879
>Deflagrate ability; any unsaved wounds suffered from a Volkite weapon each inflict another hit on the same unit at the weapon's profile (minus the Deflagrate effect; the wounds do not chain infinitely).
>S5 AP5, 10" range, pistol.
>S5 AP5 Assault 2, 15" range. rifle
>S6 AP5 Heavy 3, 24" range. heavy weapon
Is it good? Would chaos use it? Would loyalists every bother to use it over grav?

Bonus round:
>Leman Russ Incinerator
>main gun: Volkite Demi-Culverin
>S7 AP5 Heavy 5, 45" range.
Perfect weapon for a dakka russ?
>>
>>49908972
Not that anon, but iron warriors with imperial fists chapter tactics doesn't look so far fetched
>>
>>49909068

Well I mean if you aren't using the unique things Chaos get, why even play Chaos?
>>
>>49908973
Which ones? The ones nobody uses or the ones perfectly represented by dreadnoughts?
>>
>>49908976
I haven't played since 5th edition, but it seems now that FW is legal in 40k?
>>
>>49909080
Yes, Daemon Engines and Daemons are literally the only things that differentiate CSM from loyalists from a fluff and model perspective.

You're totally right in terms of rule, though. If you don't have a massive boner for daemon allies, just use loyalist rules. Even Daemon Engines can be pretty well represented with AdMech allies.
>>
>>49909080
Because they want to play chaos marines doing chaos marine things with all sorts of cool weapons full of daemons.

But it turns out pumping your stuff full of daemons makes them total fucking shit so they don't have a leg to stand on, better go slinking back to the imperium as an """""unkown""""" successor chapter that secretly loves the warp and wants to be hardcore but the dark gods wont let them.
>>
>>49909095

It always has been. It's just with the lunacy of formations and decurions, people just can't muster enough complaint about Forge World anymore.
>>
>>49908792
A guy crushed my ig dudes with his genestealer cultists in a killteam match today. The name of his army?

The Blue Oyster Cult.

I don't know how I should I feel about this.
>>
>>49908879

>volkite

Don't even know what that does.
>>
>>49909070
It might, they're listening to the fans.
>>
>>49909077
>rifle
Do you mean Rapid Fire? The fuck is with these profiles? Just use the normal format.
>>
>>49909138
Martian Heat Rays.
>>
File: 1477101477443.png (81KB, 276x283px)
1477101477443.png
81KB, 276x283px
>>49908985
>Actually this would be really cool if GW finally stopped being cocks and gave Volkite to Chaos but not Loyalists to diversify the factions a bit.
>actually believes the range that out sells csm won't get their hands into volkite weapons even though their faction have more forgeworlds than planets in the eye of terror
>actually believes that the chaos only weponry won't be just some Damon fuse weapon like the ectoplasma cannon or the chaos brrrrrrrrt!
Stop doing this to yourself anon
>>
File: image.png (28KB, 1162x850px)
image.png
28KB, 1162x850px
>>49908879
>mfw
>>
>>49909138

An example of a Volkite Blaster.

Volkite Blaster (Admech Codex)

>Favoured during the Great Crusade before the Terran boltgun drove them into decline, volkite weapons impart so much thermodynamic energy to the target that those under their shimmering rays simply combust. Such unfortunates burn to cinders in explosions of jetting flame, frequently taking nearby comrades to the grave with them.

24" S6 AP 5 Heavy 3, Deflagrate

>Deflagrate: After normal attacks by this weapon have been resolved, count the number of unsaved Wounds caused on the target unit. Immediately resolve a number of additional automatic Strength 6 AP5 hits on the same unit equal to the number of unsaved Wounds. Models in the target unit must still be in range in order for these additional hits to take effect. Any further Wounds caused as a result of this special rule do not cause any further hits.
>>
>>49909171
>assault 2
Reading isn't for everyone.
>>
>>49909213
You guys are idiots who keep thinking nu-nu-nu-GW that wrote Genestealer Cults and are making a separate Codex for each Chaos Cult Legion are going to do the same garbage that the last two editions have been doing.

Everything being written right now is being done with 8th edition in mind and is by a very different team of rules writers.
>>
>>49908879
It's one gun in the Tartaros sprues, so you're probably looking at a sergeant upgrade at tops.
>>
>>49908985
>chaosfags still think they'll get anything nice
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment
>>
>>49909253
I'm not even a chaos player, I just think it would be neat.
>>
Went to a used bookstore today and found a copy of the CSM 3.5 codex. I started playing CSM in fourth with the Gavdex, but I've always been curious about the infamous 3.5 codex so I picked it up for a couple bucks.

Holy shit, this thing is awesome. The degree of customization is phenomenal, and each god actually gets a decent amount of stuff. If the point costs weren't so wildly out of line with modern MEQ pricing, I'd love to give the codex a try using more modern 40k rules.
>>
>>49909135
Don't fear the reaper, dude.
>>
>>49909253
So just like tzeentch worship then?
>>
>>49909243
This.

GW proper and the Forgeworld team are being tied more tightly together. Why do you think they're releasing so many plastic boxed sets for Horus Heresy stuff?

The guys writing 30k are more involved in 40k now, they're coordinating releases, and coordinating rules, which is going to come to a head with the release of Codex: TS, Codex: EC, 8th edition, etc.
>>
>>49909217
Stop pretending you'll be using other than black knights with plasma talons and the land speeder thing
>>
>>49908874
Why would you ever want to change to heavy from either of those?
>>
>>49909227
>24"
>heavy
>ap5
It's shit.

Maybe on my bikers if I get ignores cover as well (horde armies always have shitloads of cover).
Though, now I think about it a divination librarian on a bike would be perfect for this...
>prescience
>perfect timing
>misfortune
>>
>>49909243
So when did this new design paradigm come into effect? It seems pretty silly to point at one new codex and claim that GW is going to make every codex with that degree of care.

GW wildly fluctuating in terms of power and options has been a constant for decades. I'd love for every faction to get as much love as Tau or Eldar or Space Marines or Genestealer Cults, but I doubt it's going to happen.
>>
>>49909291
Because it gives them torrent.
>>
>>49909243
>>49909285
How's traitors hate working out for you all again?
Oh right, you all bitched about it after hyping yourselves up for months.
Same thing all over again.

GW is going to give loyalists the option for volkite and Tartaros in angles of death 2: successor chapter boogaloo and you all will get nothing. And then proceed to bitch even though people told you not to hype yourselves up.
>>
>>49909313
Gotcha, my lgs doesn't really have a lot of official terrain outside of the ruined cathedrals.
>>
>>49909316
Pretty great, honestly. I mean it certainly pushed us up away from Orks and into the mid range.
>>
>>49909316
Traitor's Hate was a band-aid on an already failed Codex, they didn't have the new guys working on it.

7.9e basically started with Genestealer Cults and continues with Thousand Sons.
>>
File: Tallarn-art.jpg (814KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Tallarn-art.jpg
814KB, 2560x1440px
>>49909138

Back during the Great Crusade.
>>
>>49909356
Thats fucking awesome.
>>
File: 1477000723876.jpg (267KB, 894x894px)
1477000723876.jpg
267KB, 894x894px
>>49909243
>>49909285
I'll be there when your hopes are dashed into oblivion and your bitterness become your path, to remind you the dangers of hope
>>49909265
>mfw
Sure thing heretic
>>49909270
ABSOLUTELY SAVAGE
>>
It's a shame that the genecult codex lacks brood brothers. And I don't mean guard infiltrating allies, I mean straight up rabble. Pathetic indoctrinated civilians too numerous and poor to even have the black market autoguns of the neophytes. Civvie swarms.
>>
>>49909341
>get ObSec on some bike and terminator squads
>WOW GUYS, WE REALLY IMPROVED HERE
>LOOK, OUR UNITS ARE STILL INEFFECTUAL, OVERPRICED GARBAGE, BUT I GET TO ROLL A LOT OF DICE ON THE "JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP, CHAOS-SENPAI" TABLE
We're still tier 3, it's just a lot murkier now how Tyranids, Dark Eldar, and Chaos Space Marines rank compared to each other.

>>49909355
What proof do you have these are new designers? GSC looks an awful lot like Tau or Eldar (in terms of codex design), and they came out ages ago. How can you point to a single event and claim that that's the new trend?
>>
>>49909388
So what, literal human grots with pipes and shit?
>>
>>49909296
Volkite charger (the one in the tartaros kit) is S5 Assault 2 and something like 20" range or something. Calivers are S6 Heavy 2 with 30" range.

Point of volkites is causing a lot of wounds, then having those wounds cause more wounds. Legion support squad with 10 calivers can be nasty and with S6 is even a danger to light vehicles.
>>
>>49909419

Pretty much, yes. Think conscripts without the access to equipment or orders. (Though they do get buff auras from the HQ's and formations, of course).

The 40k equivalent to a pitchforks and torches mob.
>>
>>49909388
They would be redundant and pointless on top of having the Neophytes, and require another new kit that would divide sales between the Neophytes and itself. GW made a smart move from both a business decision and game design decision to not include them. If you really, really want to play a fluffy list with brood brothers, just take Unbound Conscripts.
>>
>>49909269
We can be like they are
>>
File: 1468626267313.png (6KB, 135x135px) Image search: [Google]
1468626267313.png
6KB, 135x135px
>tfw new sisters come out and they won't be a secret club anymore
>>
>>49909492
Just sell the old empire zealots as low hive citizens and chaos cultists
>>
>>49909355
Much optimist
>>
>>49909492

Not sure you even read what I said. Guard allies covers guys who got equipped by infiltrating the millitary, but straight up hivers and such aren't remotely adequately covered by neophytes or guard.
>>
>>49909565
What do you want to see? RnH mutant swarm type units?
Just naked humans at 2ppm?
>>
>try mixed Cohort Cybernetica + Black Templars detachment army
>versus DKoK
>deep strike Crusaders + Emp Champ onto heavy weapons team
>kill them
>second Crusader squad in LRC
>kills one Leman Russ Vanquisher
>both Black Templar squads die in the same turn
>only Cohort Cybernetica left
>slaughter the fuck out of a Grenadier squad, 2 Command squads, 3 regular Guard squads, the remaining 2 Leman Russ and his Warlord
>only lose by 1 point because I reminded my friend that he can keep the objective I killed his squad on if he regroups into coherency in the right way

Fucking hell, this formation is some fucking bullshit.
I love it.
>>
>>49909434
>assault 2
>heavy 2
>2
>at ap5
Sounds like a second rate autocannon/plasma gun to me, even with the bonus wounds.

There are better ways to thin a horde and and much stronger, versatile weapons.
>>
>>49909614
>not sky hammer/10
Good that you had fun and left your inner waac player at home, this game would be better if there were more people like you.
>>
>>49909595

Stuff similar to what you find in the Renegades and Heretics troops section pretty much covers it, yeah.
>>
>>49909565
>but straight up hivers and such aren't remotely adequately covered by neophytes or guard.
Fluffwise no, but what game function are they supposed to serve that Neophytes don't already do? You're not thinking. GSC already have a cheap expendable horde unit. There is no design space for garbage conscript-tier dudes, they would either be too good and everyone would take them over Neophytes or too shitty and no one would ever take them, and in either case it would damage the sales of one of the kits.

They also made an intentional design decision to move the Genestealer Cults focus more on, you know, the Genestealer hybrids, because that's the core of what their identity is all about. It helps separate the Faction from Renegades and 30k Auxilia, which already allow you to run masses of dirty barely-armed peasants.
>>
File: search.jpg (3KB, 118x100px) Image search: [Google]
search.jpg
3KB, 118x100px
How would you guys feel if GW created a line of "Civilian" models to add to your board/collections, maybe with flimsy profiles to act as terrain, objectives, or exploding cover? Things like...
>Civilian Truck
HP:1
AV: 6/6/6
Open-Topped, transport, fast.
Transport capacity: 5 models

I mean, I would love some just for the shelf and on cities of death. And it could be cool to have missions like "Evac civilians from oncoming ork invasion" or something. Plus, I'd like to see what the GW design team's take on things as mundane as a sedan would be.
>>
>>49909677
>devastators in Black Templars
Pussy-ass bitches hunkering down slow down the whole god damn crusade, man.

Those fucks can stay right the hell out of this double crusading roadtrip party-wagon.
>>
>>49909671
Yeah people keep acting like Volkite is some amazing super-OP 30k thing but it's really only good because in 30k you can run huge squads equipped entirely with special weapons.

They're never going to do that in 40k, so adding one Volkite into a tac squad isn't really anything special.
>>
>>49909686

The majority of any cult is the Brood Bros, is the thing. It's dissapointing because it doesn't represent the fluff too well, and that's ultimately pretty much the biggest concern in army design after making sure the book isn't so underpowered as to be utterly marginalised to an Ork degree.

And honestly? There's definitely room to have had the Neos be a bit less hordey. Make them the guard vet equivalents and you have more design space room for utter chaff.
>>
File: orkarmy1.png (35KB, 622x643px) Image search: [Google]
orkarmy1.png
35KB, 622x643px
Hey guys I got some good tips yesterday, I was wondering if you had any more for this Ork list?
>>
>>49909740
>The majority of any cult is the Brood Bros, is the thing.
Not anymore. The new fluff consciously moved away from that and made the cult almost entirely Neophytes. Contagii are basically just kept in basements for breeding purposes now.
>>
>>49909056
Moron.
>>
>>49909695
FW did make a bunch of terrain stuff that had no gameplay purpose, but in time they were phased out.

Genestealers got the trucks, which a civilian, and they got civilian clothing and shit. If you want civilian evacuation, why not something like a Relic scenatio, but with multiple relics of different sizes. So you could have some civilians and a vehicle, etc. that you need to get to safety.
>>
Plan on using Chaos Marines and Cultists in Kill Team. Is there any good way to do that?

I'm pretty tired of my IG and CSM stuff sitting on the shelf and KT seems like a way to work them in.

GW not HoR, btw
>>
>>49909780

Did forge world ever do a civilian car for terrain?
>>
>>49909740
>There's definitely room to have had the Neos be a bit less hordey. Make them the guard vet equivalents and you have more design space room for utter chaff.
I don't want this, and I don't think most of the GCult players would want this. I'm happy with my Neophyte hordes, they look infinitely more interesting on the board than a couple small groups of them with meltaguns and tons of shitty regular humans. The elite niche is handled by metamorphs and aberrants now.

The only thing I really feel like the Codex is lacking is a true Cult Sniper unit, like a hybrid equivalent to Ratlings.
>>
>>49909763
Yes, Crud really is.
>>
How does this look for a list of Veteran Skills for CSM as well as tenative pricing for non-characters?
>Adamantium Will- 1 PPM
>Counter-Attack- 1 PPM
>Fear-1 PPM
>Furious Charge- 2 PPM
>Hit & Run- 2 PPM
>Infiltrate- 3 PPM
>Move Through Cover- 2 PPM
>Night Vision-1 PPM
>Precision Shots/Strikes- 2 PPM
>Scout- 2 PPM
>Skilled Riders- 2 PPM
>Stealth- 3 PPM
>Tank/Monster Hunters- 4 PPM
>>
>>49909715
>people keep acting like Volkite is some amazing super-OP 30k thing

Who is? I mean, the Glaive with the Beam volkite with Haywire is pretty nifty. Support squad with calivers is a good all around unit. Much cheaper than plasma and autocannon squads, that's for sure.
>>
>>49909796

I run Genecults and am struggling to find much reason at all to take Neophytes except as a formation tax.

Their shooting is piss poor, and investing in it just makes for more expensive piss poor shooting. Only good use for them is 60 points for 2 flamers, then shotgun and potentially charge to make use of their mixed cheap shooty chaff/cheap assault chaff role.

Pretty much any 2000 point list is likely to have 20 Neophytes and 60-80 Acolytes and Metamorphs.
>>
>>49909818
Counter-attack should be worth more.

Furious Charge should probably be worth more.

Frankly I would group them into packages with a set cost for the whole unit so the more guys you take the better the price is, for example:

Scout, Stealth, Move Through Cover, 30 pts for the unit.

Furious Charge, Fear, 25 pts for the unit.

And so forth.
>>
>>49909795
Not that I know of. You could look into Armourcast minis too, they made various 40k things as well. And all those 40k cult limo conversions. Browsing old WDs for art and conversions could give some ideas.
>>
>>49909871

Well, honestly?

I play mostly pickup games at a GW store, largely because it's the only real meta locally that isn't into historicals instead.

So if I want to make a cult limo, it needs to be converted from GW parts to actually be usable. Not had much luck thinking of a way to do it so far.
>>
>>49909862
You take them because they're 5ppm for ablative Unquestioning Loyalty wounds.

Then you summon free squads of them with max upgrades to Ambush and shoot the shit out of anything you need shot at with whatever weapons are right for that particular job, or to give your other dudes cover, or if you get lucky with a 6 to absorb overwatch fire for your equally fragile but far more killy other troops.
>>
>>49908879
volkite weapons have already been put in 40k. they're in the cult mechanicus codex.
>>
>>49909887
Wheeled Taurox as base? More of an SUV, but still, better than nothing. Rules and armament pretty close to the cult truck as well.
>>
>>49909865
>Counter-attack should be worth more.
I doubt it. Grey Hunters have CA and ATSKNF for 1 PPM more than a base CSM, and they're still not very good.

>Furious Charge should probably be worth more.
I could see bumping it up to 3PPM, but the fact that it doesn't trigger on disordered charges is a pretty big drawback. Plus it no longer grants +1 I.

I probably will end up making them set-price-per-unit in the end, but I don't really want to put different skills together.
>>
I think I have a problem.
>>
>>49908826
Learn to spot WAAC faggots and don't play them.
>>
>>49909889

Meh. I'm only likely to summon once per turn tops, plus not likely to roll summoning every game with only four mastery levels on the board. Nice if you have it, but probably best used to dump scary four saw, nine hand flamer units in people's faces.
>>
>>49909914
Yes, tied to one character model of the Admech, someone you'd expect to have long gone weapons.

Now it's coming to Marines as a squad weapon. Who knows what next.
>>
>>49909708
People like you are the reason we fell in the iron cage trap.
>>
File: image.jpg (205KB, 535x464px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205KB, 535x464px
>>49909962

Hey kid, bet you can't fill this moat with enough of your own brothers corpses to get across to punch me.
>>
What if Grey Knights are actually the successor chapter to loyalist Thousand Sons?
>>
>>49909095
FW was always legal, what you on about?
>>
>>49910019
It used to be explicitly "only if your opponent agrees to it." Now it's explicitly "always allowed just don't be a dick about it."
>>
>>49910005
So blood raven successors?
>>
>>49910005
Some of them almost certainly are, but it's well known that Grey Knights are successors to a dozen different Chapters (more of them traitor than not) rather than just one.
>>
File: 5445644513.jpg (189KB, 798x445px) Image search: [Google]
5445644513.jpg
189KB, 798x445px
>>49909962
>>49910002
Whats wrong princess? Scared of the meatgrinder? Cant charge the fucking guns? Trench too wet for you? Call Corax, he has plenty of vacant spots on his Pussy Squadron of Little Bitch Company.
>>
>>49909528
I think his army just needed more cowbell.
>>
>>49909388
Jesus, it wasn't bad enough to get universally mocked on your own thread, you have to start this shit here?
>>
>>49909818
>>49909865
Okay, so doing them up at per-unit purchases, how about this:
>Adamantium Will- 5 Points
>Counter-Attack- 10 Points
>Fear-5 Points
>Furious Charge- 15 Points
>Hit & Run- 10 Points
>Infiltrate- 20 Points
>Move Through Cover- 10 Points
>Night Vision-5 Points
>Precision Shots/Strikes- 15 Points
>Scout- 15 Points
>Skilled Riders- 10 Points
>Stealth- 15 Points
>Tank/Monster Hunters- 25 Points
>>
>>49909715
CSM can actually benefit from volkite through Chosen. Is not much but a few MSU chosen can bring the choom (if they ever get it ofc)
>>
>>49909763
Crud detected.
>>
>>49910052

Now, sure. I was just thinking about how much sense it makes if the Thousand Sons started it. They had all the knowledge, they would want to be a secret, they had the psykers, and what if they got the name because they stripped the paint from their armor when they started leaving the bare grey metal. Tzeentch has a particular beef with one of their major players. Their halberd is basically a Kopesh, which used to be their standard weapon.
>>
>>49909531
Fuck you. The more Sisters players the better secret club bullshit is why we got nothing for over 10 years.
>>
So how exactly is a Cult Mechanicus War Congregation fair in any way, shape or form?

The only downside of this thing is the cost in money.
>>
>>49910196

As much as I like people's reactions when I pull out my Sisters army for the first time, more people means more support. However, I wouldn't mind something like the 5th Ed deldar Codex where it was solid all around, but not oppressive like GKs.
>>
Is a 9 man squad of scions with 8 volley guns decent for kill team?
>>
>>49910322
It's not the best army possible.
>>
>>49910351
Yah I don't want OP just something solid and fun.
>>
How would you guys react if your opponent pulled out all his Deldar and asked if it was ok if he used the 5e codex? Would you guys be alright with it? I think it's such a shame how an army that used to be in the nice middle of powerful but not horrific has become such a bottom-tier faction.
>>
>>49910539

Tell that's against the rules while unpacking my 7 Riptides
>>
File: 1440095791269.jpg (23KB, 500x375px)
1440095791269.jpg
23KB, 500x375px
>>49910573
I would wipe out my dick and fuck your ass infront of everyone and it wouldnt even be as gay as what you just did.
>>
>>49910539
Not much... if he doesnt mind my all-necron-wraith army.
>>
>>49910163
It was the Inquisition that started it, drawing on the most gifted psykers from a dozen legions. I think 8 of them were loyalists from traitor legions, and the other 4 were regular loyalists.
>>
So we have Daemon Primarch Magnus coming up. Not a Daemon Prince. Not a Primarch. But a Daemon Primarch. Arguably the most powerful one, too, due to his ability to manipulate when it comes to Warp stuff far more than any other Daemon Primarch or Horus. What kind of stats and special abilities are you expecting?
>>
>>49910615

See, that's also illegal, but will get you arrested instead. My Riptides are perfectly legal. Stop being so bad at 40k.
>>
>>49910573
kek

>>49910539
Serious answer? I'd probably be okay with it. Hell I'd even let you use all your Haywire grenades instead of one per phase.
>>
File: WP_20161022_18_25_52_Pro.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161022_18_25_52_Pro.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
I want to kill myself. Played 1800 points against the most autistic WAAC player at our store who plays CSM. Thought he wouldn't cheat or be a dick. Totally cheated and was a sperging fuck face the whole time. But that ends my rage what did you do /tg/? Also bought what I needed to finally start basing.
>>
>>49910539
So what, all the Venoms and Raiders have no HP? Fliers are just fast skimmers?

There are mechanics that didn't exist back then, it's no longer compatible.
>>
>>49910642
999 points because gimmicks

rules are irrelevant, because I'll never play a game large enough to see him played
>>
>>49910642
I'm not even going to attempt to predict what we'll see from him.

I'm much more interested in what the army-wide special rule for TS will be.
>>
>>49910659
The most WAAC player at your store plays fucking Chaos? You must be in the most casual meta in existence.
>>
>>49910660
there was/is a FAQ for that.
>>
>>49910659
How did he cheat?
>>
>>49910671
>inb4 he's 99 points and better than a WK
>>
>>49910732
>inb4 you get him free if you take the right formation/detachment
>>
>>49910745
>inb4 formations upgrades all your squads with Brotherhood of psykers ML2 for free
>>
>>49908879
If Chaos doesn't get a new dex before SM get new toys I swear I'm going to punch the next brit I meet right in the dick.
>>
>>49910732
What if he's lower points because despite being god tier, he's also not able to keep a tangible form outside the warp for long?
>>
>>49910659
I blew up the same Blood Angels player twice with 1250 of my Mechanicus. Second time round he brought a Stormraven and I blew it up with one volley from an Icarus Onager. Also got an Armoured Claw box to make into Inquisition and tried out psykers for the first time. Ignore cover twin-linked Kataphron Destroyers are hardcore, if a bit squishy.
Thing is, my opponent wouldn't stop whining about how tough my Dominus is when he was beating on him with 4 death company with just chainswords, and tried to rearrange the terrain after I deployed so I couldn't see him. Other than that 3 minute section, good day.
>>
>>49910659
I'm putting the finishing touches on my LVT-ified Chimera conversion. Just needs priming and painting and what do you know? Florida Weather is actually good for priming this week! Pics to follow, I haven't decided where I want the smoke launchers yet.

I wonder if the guys at my LGS will let me play it this way: Special weapons hatches at the front and rear, main turret set one inch backwards, and any heavy weapons mounted onto the rail on the top of the turret.

The rules for the vehicle haven't changed, I just juggled where everything is fired from to create a more thematic APC for my army.
>>
>>49910769
Well you better start practicing your bong-dick-punching technique because there will be more Marine stuff in the next Warzone Fenris.
>>
>>49909316
Your idiotic rambling would maybe have a point if Codex Deathwatch wasn't even worse than the Traitor's Hate. You can say what you want about Chaos, but at least their rules aren't shit missing up to 25% of plastic in every infantry kit but Veterans. That relic blade on vanguard kit? I hope you hate painting it, because you fucking get no option to field it!

But never mind DW, look at new Blood Angel supplement. I wonder why being 'loyalist' didn't kept both books from being garbage, you idiot? Have any neat conspiracy theory explanation?
>>
File: 1471248566419.jpg (41KB, 444x600px)
1471248566419.jpg
41KB, 444x600px
>>49908879
i can't wait for volkite guns on IG shit.
that will surely make the mouths froth.
>>
>>49910769
>SM gets competitive Wulfen with their supplement plus contemptors, cataphractii, and cool relics n formations
>CSM get lackluster formations except one that makes the Tzeentch Chaos Daemons cheese even worse but doesn't actually do much for CSM in their supplement
>>
>>49910822
>Your idiotic rambling would maybe have a point if Codex Deathwatch wasn't even worse than the Traitor's Hate. You can say what you want about Chaos, but at least their rules aren't shit missing up to 25% of plastic in every infantry kit but Veterans.
You can thank Cruddace for that. Welcome to exactly how it feels to play Tyranids.
>>
>>49910636
>It was the Inquisition that started it
The Emperor, actually. The Inquisition was born later. Malcador found four lords and governors and 8 Space Marines up to the task, an unknown number of those Space Marines heralding from traitor legions.

At least one of them being from the Thousand Sons would make good sense to me.
>>
>>49910860
Ah, my bad. I thought the Emperor was already throne'd by the time they formed the Grey Knights.
>>
I can't wait for the next edition just so I don't have to wade through the Chaos and BA whining faggots.
>>
>>49910891
Someone will be shafted (probably still Orks) no matter what. There will always be whining.
>>
Already having Kill Team Cassius from the overkill box set. Is the Death Masque Deathwatch team a good investment towards building the army out, I was considering just selling the Eldar from the kit afterwards.
>>
File: 1455335752979.png (63KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
1455335752979.png
63KB, 1162x850px
>>49910832
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-ES/Solar-Auxilia-Leman-Russ-Incinerator
>>
>>49910699
Except for the occasional Tau/Eldar player pretty much. The meta is pretty casual but the dude just tries to use old rules and cheat as much as possible.
>>
>>49910890
Kind of, after the Heresy started the Emperor tasked Malcador with finding some radical dudes that were up to the task that he wanted, before the Emperor jumped into the Vengeful Spirit Malcador told the Emperor his task was complete and that he had found some people that were up to snuff, some of them were marines from traitor legions, other normal people, part of that group went to form the GK which were sent into Titan for the rest of the Heresy coming back for the Second Founding, the rest became the Inquisition.

So the Emps was still alive when GK began their training but he was enthroned when they came back.
>>
Hey btw, since the loyalists got a motherfucking SIXTH codex before CSM got a new ONE, is there anything remarkable about how Deathwatch play? It used to be you painted your Space Marines up like Deathwatch with all your pretty pauldrons, allied them with Inquisition and called it a day. Anything set them apart from other SM codices now that they have their own?
>>
>>49910730
Would use old rules, fight you on every wound till he got his way,would abuse biomancy and hide all of his roles. And was an annoying piece of shit too. Kept seeing him trying to hand pick maelstrom cards.
>>
File: IMG_0536.jpg (449KB, 1536x1040px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0536.jpg
449KB, 1536x1040px
>>49910786
Here we go! It deviates quite a bit from the LVT design it draws inspiration from, but then the Leman Russ hardly looks like a Sherman Tank, and I think I pulled it off okay.

So instead of a massive rear hatch you get a front hatch fire point and a rear hatch fire point, special weapons only. Any heavy weapons team instead attaches their weapon to the rail on the turret before entering the IFV. So you still get up to two models to fire from inside, but now where they fire depends on the weapon type: Either two special weapons on either end of the vehicle, or a special weapon from one hatch and the HWT from the turret. The Turret sits at about where the front of the top hatch was, if you can't tell.

I don't know. Am I bending the rules too far with this model? I may just have to proxy this for vanilla chimeras instead.
>>
How do I convince the store autist that I'm not interested in the lore he won't quit spouting out about an army I have no interest in? I just started and I have no idea what the fuck he's even talking about.
>>
>>49910988
Fucking hell, how is that guy even still allowed to play? Doesn't sound like it's the first time he did something like that.
>>
>>49910988

That's well past WAAC and is just full scale cheating.

>>49911019

Unfortunately there probably isn't much. If he isn't taking normal social cues then you're fucked.
>>
>>49911019
Which army would that be, if you don't mind asking. Do whatever is within means cash and time wise
>>
People who think CSM and BA whine too much, can you suggest what they can even do that's effective?

For CSM I see well equipped Nurgle Daemon Prince, Typhus for the plague zombies, Heldrakes, FW Slaaneshi Dreadnought, and FW Chaos Rapier batteries being effective options. I would put the biker lord+bikers in there but they are very weak compared to Scatbikes, White Scars, Dark Angels, etc.

For Blood Angels, I don't think they have anything too good. Maybe something drop pod based like Skyhammer? I feel like they lack alpha strike capability that they should have.
>>
>>49910822
>DW or blood angels
>part of C:SM
Did you really think I meant all loyalists?
C:SM is the one that gets love, with DA and SW getting some, but not nearly to the same extent.
>>
>>49911068
Hey at least you got a decurion that works for your army.
>>
>>49911066
IG
>>
>>49911045
>>49911052
I was trying to be as good of a sportsman as I could /tg/. When things were kinda stacked against him I didn't fight him too hard just so we could both have a few laughs and a good time. But fucking hell I'm done next time I'm stomping all over his faggot ass.
>>
>>49910982
>since the loyalists got a motherfucking SIXTH codex before CSM got a new ONE
What is Khorne Daemonkin?
>>
>>49910982
>Hey btw, since the loyalists got a motherfucking SIXTH codex before CSM got a new ONE
you guys are about to get four in a row, fucking relax.
>>
>>49911019
Well if he's actually Autistic and your not throwing the word around like a fourth grader who just learned what cursing is, then the best thing to do would be to just tell him up front "I'm sorry, but I am not interested in your army's background or lore, I just want to play a game".
>>
Does anyone know what happened to Shoggy? I emailed him but he didn't respond. He's been missing for a bit.
>>
>>49911224
Kids actually autistic, not even being a shit about it. He's fun to play against though, he'll narrate the battle and shit.
>>
Does anyone ever bring fortifications with their lists? I want to get the three Tau fortifications available just to paint and build. Are they actually good or just a waste of points?
>>
I'm a guard player, how much beyond a standard army would I have to invest to play gene stealers?

I just picked up the neophyte hybrid armored claw box at my flgs because it's just standard IG sprues with an additional one for faces and knives. What a good fucking deal that was. It got me thinking, are the rules such that you can run most of the standard Ig tanks? Are the rules in their favor? Should I play them while the edition is good to them?
>>
>>49911260
You know, after playing hordes of people who bring unpainted plastic to the board and treat the game like an overcomplicated variant of chess, I would actually like to play someone like this for once.

That said, expecting someone whose Autistic to "get the hint" is like expecting someone who was born blind to understand the concept of complementary colors. Just be polite and direct. It's all you CAN do! Anything else is just yelling at a deaf man and getting angry when he ignores you.
>>
>>49911102
Well, as of the end of August it seems that the only full armies without a tourney winning list are Orks and BA.
>>
>>49911116
Same guy asking.. I always wantedt o do IG when i started back when 5th edition went extinct. Wait til 8th edition to see if formations get snuffed, they are pricey
>>
>>49911445
Whats the Black Templar tourney winning list?.
>>
By his turn 1 this Land Raider was on top of that building. I don't know how but probably some Chaos bullshit like usual.
>>
>>49911452
What is good is you can proxy for genestealers
>>
>>49911452
Oh, I didn't start IG. I was saying I had no interest in IG.
>>
>>49911428
You can run the Battle Tank, Vanquisher, Exterminator, and Eradicator. Your big advantage is you ignore stunned and shaken results 50% of the time, and all your men are better than regular IG. No orders, minimal vehicle upgrades, and no wyverns, though.
>>
>>49911476

What's wrong with that?

Vehicles driving up buildings is nothing new in 40k tabletop.
>>
>>49911428
Most GSC lists play very differently from guard. Their strength is in very nasty cheap ambushing melee units. You can probably be effective with about a 50/50 split between the melee rending guys and tanks/sentinels/heavy weapons dudes, or you can ally in a small group of GCults and have the primary detachment be actual guard, but you will need to buy a good amount of acolyte kits.

They are pretty much a top tier codex right now if played to their maximum potential, at least until the meta shifts to deal with them, which will weaken top lists against other lists that were previously nonviable.
>>
Is there any reason why Imperial and Eldar Titans are taller than Ork titans are in the lore?

I thought Orks were much bigger and taller than either Humans or Eldar?
>>
>>49911622
Regular Ork boys are shorter than a human, just much broader and more muscular.

Nobz are taller.

Ork engineering is scrapped together junk and so does not lend itself well to carefully balanced long-legged gracefully striding walkers, they have these wobbly stout fat rustbucket fortresses that waddle forward closer to the ground and just smash shit out of their way instead of stepping over it.
>>
>>49911562
But why anon? How does it get it's front up there?
>>
>>49911413
>I want to get the three Tau fortifications available just to paint and build.
could still just use them as regular scenery, themed after you army.
>>
File: comeatmeloyalist.jpg (126KB, 765x1024px) Image search: [Google]
comeatmeloyalist.jpg
126KB, 765x1024px
I bore the Word today. Countless loyalist fools found themselves sacrifices to the Ruinous Ones.

WHY ARE 40K RULES FOR POSSESSED SO BAD, THEY CAN HARDLY EVEN BEAT TACTICALS IN CLOSE COMBAT AND COST TWICE AS MANY POINTS, WHY DO I HAVE TO PLAY 30K FOR MY GAL VORBAK TO NOT BE CHUMPS
>>
>>49911117

Grey Knight bro here.

Just do like the rest of us: just fucking don't. There a reason we have the "Eagle" protocol in the GW.

Was pretty fucking cash when you called him out on making his own rules every 20 minutes.

I'm impressed, he didn't stink up the store today (he's renowned for his poor hygiene).
>>
File: Have you heard the Word.jpg (7KB, 180x240px) Image search: [Google]
Have you heard the Word.jpg
7KB, 180x240px
>>49911679
>I bore the Word today.
>>
>>49911622
Orks build their vehicles from scrap and steel, not super-advanced metal alloys. This means they have to rely on actual engineering principles for their designs to work. Engineering Principles like:
-Bigger =/= better
-a wider base with stocky legs better distributes weight
-a massive armored skirt protecting the legs hides the knees of the walker, which are weak spots
-a cone-shaped mech provides a low, naturally stable center of gravity
-A smaller mech can afford to have thicker armor without sinking into the ground.
>>
>>49911673
Yea, that's what I want to do, but if I wanted to bring them along with an actual list are they worth it for the special rules?
>>
>>49911467
They are part of Codex: SM now so they aren't considered a separate army. Though Imma guess it's probably zero since it's usually White Scars and sometimes Ultramarines tactics that are most popular of the Codex: SM Chapter tactics.
>>
>>49911672
I mean, the tank treads do go all the way to the front of the LR. Technically they could possibly be able to lift the top enough by driving up the wall, then getting enough grip after reaching the edge to pull the rest of the vehicle up.
>>
>>49911484
Whoops. My bad. Either way, formations are bullshit, hold tight and wait for the rumoured 'premium starter packs' and and the 8th
>>
>>49911733
Premium starter packs?
>>
Okay, I read on 1d4chan that you can do some serious bullshittery in terms of attack numbers using Electro Priests.

How do I get the most dice-rolling goodness out of these fucks possible within 1500 points and without being torn to shreds by Overwatch fire and shooting in general?

Price and stuff is not a concern since I want to mess around with a friend in Tabletop Simulator.
>>
>>49911494
So no hellhounds?
>>49911621
Ah, so I'd have to swap their heads to play them and model shotguns on everyone, and buy those crazy expensive new dudes? Awww, may as well keep playing IG and give the face sprew to a friend and have one guy in my whole army secretly be a cultist.
>>
>>49911732
That only works if the treads follow the landship series of designs, with the tracks being inclined forwards up to the top of the tank. The Land Raider's tracks go into a reverse incline which negates the entire purpose of having your treads wrap around the top of the tank to begin with.

That said, I would have done the same thing on the tabletop, but with the understanding that my tank was simply crashing through the wall, not driving overtop it. This is why when I make my own terrain someday its going to have removable wall panels and trees.
>>
>>49911723
>but if I wanted to bring them along with an actual list are they worth it for the special rules?
haven't played since 4th edition, so buying fortifications wasn't even a thing back then. Just interested in the models these days.

Maybe the others can help you with that.
>>
>>49911743
http://natfka.blogspot.ca/2016/10/start-collecting-premium-boxes-blood.html?m=1
>>
>>49911761
No hellhounds, but I'm pretty sure the Goliath has a thermal something-or-other that makes a decent replacement.
>>
>>49911817
Man thats fucking awesome. Too bad I'm already decently into a SW and Tau army.
>>
>>49910659
>"WAAC faggot"
>Rhino assault squads
>champion with plasma pitol
>Heavy bolter
>wait what is going on with that coherency?

Guys not a WAAC. He's a retard.
>>
Is there any better mechanic for the Mark of Tzeentch other than Brotherhood of Sorcerers?
>>
File: 1425357723200-0.png (3MB, 1024x1230px)
1425357723200-0.png
3MB, 1024x1230px
Hey I'm getting back into 40k, last I played was 4th ed.

So do formations take up picks in my standard army? Like, a army can have at most 6 troop units, will a lost and the damed formation (4-9 units of cultist) take up ALL my troop choices? or does it count as one troop?
>>
>>49911892

Formations are a separate force org that you take as allies to your main force org, or combine to create a "decurion" style army list.
>>
>>49911683
I was trying my hardest not to be an asshole and a fun opponent. But next time fuck him. Fuck him and his stupid biomancy buffed Kharn the Betrayer. Is it even legal to cast powers on him?
>>
>>49911892
>>49911936
Why don't both of you read the rules?
>>
>>49911938
You dont seem to know the basic rules that well either.
>>
>>49911948

I did read the rules. Formations and regular force org charts are different types of detachments, which you can combine in different ways.
>>
>>49911861
Somehow used a pyschic power to give Kharn the Betrayer Eternal Warrior with biomancy,used bullshit rules,would try to cheat anytime he could and Jesus if the rules were ever not in his favor he'd throw a fucking fit.
>>
>>49911975
I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Because I usually try to make sure the game is fun for me and my opponent. After I saw what he was doing I called him out whenever I fucking could though anon.
>>
>>49911428

You can literally run Genestealers with nothing but Imperial Guard models, fluff it as a guerilla regiment or whatever.
>>
>>49911817
>http://natfka.blogspot.ca/2016/10/start-collecting-premium-boxes-blood.html?m=1
>Start collecting premium
I might hold off on the SC Tau to expand my army and see if they put out a SC premium.
>>
>>49912023
4chimeras, 1 Russ, 80 dudes, and 18 hws would be best used as cult or IG?

I mean I have other units, but apparently nothing else I have would be useful for GSC.
>>
>>49911936
so each formation is a ally?
>>49911948
what are we missing?
>>
>>49911886
I'm thinking 25 Points to give the unit the Mark of Tzeentch. They count as ML1, but generate 1 Warp Charge for every three models in the unit.
>>
>>49909388
For fuck's sake anon, GCS doesn't need "grots".

you already got btfo'd out of one thread so perhaps it's best to stop
>>
how do leman russ use its tracks to move if they want raised more high and thus made it a bette target? they just die before they move vuz thin plats and big target
>>
File: Guardsman_confused.jpg (41KB, 456x456px) Image search: [Google]
Guardsman_confused.jpg
41KB, 456x456px
>>49912323
>>
>>49911761
You don't need to model shotguns, Neophytes can take lasguns for free (which is just a cosmetic change considering the autoguns they come with have identical stats).

But yeah if you actually want to get the most out of the army you will need to buy an obscene amount of those 40$ boxes that come with only 5 guys each. They are like a dollar per point and you want half the points in your army to be those dudes, so....
>>
>>49912352
Shotguns aren't autoguns.
>>
>>49911981
>Somehow used a pyschic power to give Kharn the Betrayer Eternal Warrior with biomancy
I'm not sure what the problem is here? Casting Endurance on your own dudes is not illegal, unless Kharn has some special rule like "KHORN HATE MAJIC" that disallows you using blessings on him?
>>
Has forgeworld published any art or lore in there books about Valhallans?
>>
>>49912023
You can, but then you might as well be playing IG, because Cults are kinda shit without Acolytes and Purestrains.

No one plays Cults for the fucking Chimeras, dude, believe me.
>>
File: 1456098688499.jpg (99KB, 600x481px)
1456098688499.jpg
99KB, 600x481px
>>49912344
Your drunk, go to bed
>>
>>49912352
Thank god Chinaman starts producing GSC in few months.

I have crazy idea allying GSC to my guard and using Catachans.
>>
>>49912396
>Few months
Z will probably have them in a week or 2.
>>
>>49912373
No shit, really???????????

They come with autoguns stock, you idiot, the shotguns are completely optional.
>>
>>49912110

>so each formation is a ally?

Not exactly, they can be from the same faction(Blood Angels, Chaos Daemons, etc.) to your main detachment and still be taken as a formation. They are only "Allies" if taken as an allied detachment or as a formation from a different faction.

So you can take a Tau stealth suit formation in addition to a Tau combined arms(standard force org) detachment, and it will be a second sublist of your army as if it were allies but it won't be "allies."
>>
Anyone have any experience with the Vraks unending host?
>>
>>49912392
>Your
Really? Can you understand what this means then?
>>49912323
>>
>>49912407
Oh nice! But it doesnt really matter for me since this idea of Death World Veterans with their epic rending Devil's Claws and demo charges. Oh and those bulking muscles are S4 thanks for asking.
>>
>>49912467
Yeah, he had the anniversary marine almost immediately after it came out. Like, the very next catalog.
>>
How on earth can you ally in Sisters of Silence or Custodes? It says they're Armies of the Imperium and ally as such but you still need an HQ choice.
>>
>>49911936
Formations don't require a CAD, they can be your main detachment.
It's not allying in in any way shape or form, unless it's actual allies.
>>
>>49912374
I believe he does. He gets a 2+ to all deny the witch rolls if you cast anything on him. But I don't know his rules so I'm not sure.
>>
>>49912513
Unbound.
>>
>>49912513
They're only usable in Unbound for now, you have to wait until they get rules in a published book for the Battle-Forged versions.
>>
>>49912532
Oh okay that would make sense actually.
>>
>>49912532
>>49912579
There's not rule disallowing psykic powers from targeting him, or blessings be cast on him.
That said, it is very unfluffy and as such could be considered WAAC
>>
>>49911650
Orks are like 2.5m tall, m8. Nobz are closer to 3, Warbosses 3.5-7m.

Now, Orks all hunch over AND sort of crouch in a wide stance, which takes like a foot off their height.
>>
>>49912530

Yes. That's what I meant.
>>
>>49912602
Source it. All the art of Orks anatomy being compared to humans shows them as shorter but stockier and bulkier. Yeah maybe if they stood up totally straight they would be taller but the way their spines are bent makes it look like they are biologically incapable of doing so.
>>
>>49912467
Aww shiiit this idea just keeps doing itself!

Neophytes - Catachan line infantry
Acolytes - Catachan veterans
Metamorphs - Catachan Devils with their fearsome array of traditional Catachan CC-weapons
Purestrains - Umm. Catachans riding cold ones? Slow jungle lizards that rely on ambush tactics rather than speed. Fuck you.
Magus - Catachan-born sanctioned psykers (with rending lizard familiars)
Prime - Catachan officers
Patriarch - MOTHER FUCKING SLY MARBO. And COLONEL "DONT RISK IT FIST IT" STRAKEN. On massive display bases. Also featuring biting little jungle lizard bastards. Psychic powers dont make sense? Thats just their aura of badassness and Strakens orders. Fuck you again.
>>
>>49912631
I figured as much, but your wording was extremely bad. I felt the need to clarify lest anon be led astray.
>>
File: mkvstar_07.jpg (25KB, 420x249px) Image search: [Google]
mkvstar_07.jpg
25KB, 420x249px
>>49912431
He doesn't understand how it works. But probably don't know how they work in real-life
>>
>>49912645
5th edition ork codex said something about that if they were to stand up straight they would be taller.
>>
Had a game against Grey Knights today. Got my ass whooped but I killed two of his dreadnoughts at least, although it took more than a few dreadnoughts to one down and the other died to my captain of all things.
Funniest part was probably The Imperial Space Marine blowing himself up. That was a bit disappointing though I was rolling bad for the whole game.
>>
File: Call to arms.jpg (64KB, 800x427px)
Call to arms.jpg
64KB, 800x427px
>>49912703
*two of his dreadknights

the culexus assassins really pulled their weight too
>>
>>49912691
it eorks like a car but bigger
why is it so high
>>
>>49911975

>>49911938 knows the rules better than our That Guy, and is one of the more preferable guys to play.
>>
>>49912664
Oh and Aberrants - Catachanized Ogryns. Can finally play those fuckers.
>>
Is there any way to make regular ogryns usable.
I love them so much as opposed to bullgryns with their bane masks and meme armour and wooden or door shield
>>
>>49912802
Not exactly, no. You could proxy them as something else that are slow & tough but have better rules.
>>
>>49912802
they used to be at least workable when they only took up 2 slots each in transports

5+commissar+priest got work done, since no one expected it
>>
>>49912889
Thanks Cruddace
>>
>>49912736
yo mamas pussy
>>
File: WP_20161022_19_04_57_Pro.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161022_19_04_57_Pro.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Here's my death pile btw. He wiped out all of my infantry. The worst part is he didn't even let me enjoy watching them die like I usually get to. Fucking dick.
>>
>>49912918
they only take two slots in cruddace's book
the 5e book in general has a lot of cool stuff

it's the 6e book that fucked everything up
>>
tg, build me a harlequin kill team. What do I need and is this the worst idea?
>>
Militarum tempestus command squad - 185
++4 plasma guns, plasma pistol, power fist

10 Scions - 175
++2 plasma guns, power fist
10 Scions - 165
++2 melta guns, power fist
10 Scions - 175
++2 plasma guns, power fist

Crassus armored transport - 300
++4 lascannons, heavy stubber

1000 points

Made a bet with a friend to make an army list that would fit into my Crassus.
I'm gonna need quite a few more plasma gunners
>>
Whats the best way to equip tac marines in a stormlance?
I have them in a razorback with assault cannons
one flamer
>play iron hands so I get PotMS if I need to get close
>>
>>49913019
with all that plasma, it might be better to swap the fist for a medic
>>
>>49913046
medic isn't going to save anybody with the way I roll dice
>>
>>49913019
Umm... thats an illegal list. Unless you play Unbound. And even then you cant start the game inside the Crassus since its Astra Militarum vehicle and Scions are Militarum Tempestus in your list. (I expect this is a CAD, not unbound IG list)
>>
File: _1173.jpg (41KB, 503x733px) Image search: [Google]
_1173.jpg
41KB, 503x733px
>>49912323
>>
>>49913085
semantics
>>
>>49913109
Aah its semantics? Okay, I'll just load my 6 Demolitions-veterans into Flesh Tearers Drop Pods since ignoring rules of this game is just semantics.
>>
File: crassus.jpg (1MB, 2125x2924px) Image search: [Google]
crassus.jpg
1MB, 2125x2924px
>>49913085
>>49913109
and the Crassus's unit list doesn't specify what faction it's for, since both of those codices came after IA 1 2nd Edition
>>
Fist of Medusa Strike Force
Space Marines: Iron Hands

**Armoured Task Force** (585)

predator (115)
-lascannon sponson

predator (115)
-lascannon sponson

predator (115)
-lascannon sponson

Thunderfire Cannon (100)

Techmarine (140)
-bike, servo, ironstone

**Stormlance Battle Demi-Company** (710)

Chaplin (110)
-bike

Tactical squad (150)
-razorback w/ tl assault cannon
-flamer

Tactical squad (155)
-flamer
-storm bolter

Tactical squad (155)
-flamer
-storm bolter

Devestator squad (135)
-2 missile launcher
-rhino

Attack bike (50)
-melta

**Honored Ancients** (185)

Contemptor Dread (185)
-kheres assault cannon

**Honored Ancients** (145)

Venerable Dread (145)
-2 TL autocannon

**Librarius Conclave** (330)

Librarian (110)
-lv2, bike

Librarian (110)
-lv2, bike

Librarian (110)
-lv2, bike

>I promise I'll stop putting up lsts after I get this one right
>>
>>49913076
you don't understand, you need someone there who can put them out of their misery when the plasma burns get too bad
>>
>>49910429
I say this every Sisters thread, but as a former Bret player I want god damn Pegasus knights to come back
Sisters
Riding
Pegasuses
Say only the pure of heart can tame them
>>
>>49913341
What about Sisters riding Pegasus-themed bikes?
>>
>>49913339
ah
>>
>>49910642
9999 points
Shits out D pie plates, casts 9 powers at will per turn, punches at S4 cuz he's a nerd
Each turn roll 2d6, if it equals 9, he sits that turn out
>>
>>49911672
Go read your rulebook
>>
>>49913360
Not enough horses
Too many bikes
>>
>>49913422
What if the bikes had legs?
>>
File: Tech-Priestess.jpg (248KB, 641x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Tech-Priestess.jpg
248KB, 641x1000px
>>49913223
This pleases the Omnissiah.
>>
What do I do with these GSC bits I'm not going to use from this box set I just bought?
>>
>>49910642

Cost 999

S9 T9 I9 A9 W9 3+/3++/3+++

ML9
Special power - magnus death bolt
WC9 witch fire 9" 9d9 s9 ap- shots

Comes with 9 man honorguard.

Can force the game to extend to 9 turns
>>
>>49913445
Sell them
>>
>>49913431
Go on...
>>
>>49913455
No, I mean like, could I use all the heads or something on a tank or has anyone done anything interesting with them.
>>
>>49913490
What if the bikes had wings to fly and mouths that breath cleansing fire?
>>
>>49913446
>Special power - magnus death bolt WC9 witch fire 9" 9d9 s9 ap- shots
i know you're joking, but even a relatively large psyker-heavy army
Might not generate enough dice to cast WC9 confidently
>>
Can Interceptors and Dreadknights use their teleporters to jump OUT of combat?
>>
>>49913541
it's okay all TSons squads generate 9 dice each when you take magnus provided they have at least 9 members
>>
>>49912954
He wrote both of them.
>>
>>49913152
Read FW-FAQ. All the units in IA1 are for Imperial Guard.

Also Crassuses are siege assault assets. I would heavily argue against using it as LoW in Tempetus Scions detachment.

But our arguing is a moot point. Email Forgeworld about it. If they say that Scions can use IA units too then scions can use them.
>>
>>49913594
>Magnus ignore PotW if he rolls less than 9 on a d6
>>
>>49911445

Sisters list where?
>>
>>49913683
Second this
What Sisters list won a tourney
And don't tell me "2 troops plus Celestine allied to a Skyhammer”
>>
>>49913438
thanks anon, I'm running stell confessors and planning on running it alonside my 2k warconvo
>>
Can someone explain to me the rule against perpetuities and future interests?

So lets say that the God Emperor leaves "Black Sector to Horus for life, then to Leman Russ and his geneseed, but if Leman Russ does not survive Horus then to Sanguinius and his geneseed."

What type of interests does everyone have?
>>
Are the Killteam Rules in a pdf we can download? Anyone willing to share a link?
>>
Anyone use the Maelstrom of Gore in a game yet or play against it? Just curious since I was hoping I could drop using KDK for this, since I basically am playing CSM in my Khorne army.
>>
>>49913744
It's nice to see the Iron Hands getting some love.
>>
Battle for Calth had mk4
Prospero Burns has mk3

Are we ever gonna see plastic mk5?
Or are they gonna skip straight to mk6?

also didn't FW used to sell squads of 10 instead of 5?
>>
>>49911445
Solo IG wins tournaments?

Maybe I didn't need to worry about my Eldar/Tau friends optimizing their lists after all.
>>
File: 1474236803864.jpg (630KB, 888x693px)
1474236803864.jpg
630KB, 888x693px
>>49913755
go to the killteam general. The OP image is the pdf file.
>>
>>49914004
Why do they all have bad achne?
>>
>>49914004
I wouldn't put it past GW to do plastic Mk2/5/6. They know they've got a money maker with the HH kits.
>>
What's the best legion to start out on?
I was thinking white scars or word bearers
>>
>>49914084
Those are molecular bonding studs, where the marines have bolted extra plating on their suits as a method of giving them better protection against power-armour busters. That's why you'll always see it on the left pad, which is what will usually be pointing towards the enemy.

The large, exposed cables on the chest and legs are because of the added power requirements and heat issues.
>>
>>49912664
>Catacult army idea

This is cool and you are cool for doing it.
>>
File: Capture.png (426KB, 1142x582px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
426KB, 1142x582px
I don't understand something, /teeg/.

In the cadia supplement, they updated all of the Escalation superheavies. Except the Stormsword. But they include the Stormsword's main cannon in the Super Heavy Armoury section. And they include the Stormsword in the formation, see pic related.

It's like they meant to update the Stormsword with the others and somehow forgot it along the way. I even checked the pages numbers of the Datasheets to see if maybe a page was skipped, but they are all accounted for. Are we supposed to just default to the Escalation datasheet then? Is there an errata somewhere that mentions "shit, we made a mistake, here's the sheet"?

Did it appear in another book perhaps, like Pask's?
>>
File: Capture.png (254KB, 1013x431px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
254KB, 1013x431px
>>49914324
Also, they prelude it saying there will be "8" yet there's only 7 sheets.

For completeness, these are the page numbers:
>Pg42: Might of Cadia 3
>Pg43: Datasheets
>Pg44: Baneblade
>Pg45: Banehammer
>Pg46: Banesword
>Pg47: Doomhammer
>Pg48: Hellhammer
>Pg49: Shadowsword
>Pg50: Stormlord
>Pg51: 'Emperor's Blade' Assault Company Formation
>>
>>49914324
>Did it appear in another book perhaps, like Pask's?
Nah. GW done goofed.
>>
>>49914161
I know anob. Once again I must put an end to my trolling ways.
>anob
>>
>>49914324
>Why is the brand new deathwatch book missing rules for 1/4 of the war gear on sprue

GW can't into crunch
>>
>>49914126
>What's the best legion to start out on?
>pointless argument starter.jpg

The one you like most. Nobody can decide for you which one you like.
If in doubt think about what's more important to you. Fluff, rules or modeling.
>>
>>49914126
>>49914400
To add onto that point every leagion shares 85% of all rules, models, and units.
The last 15% are usually not even that amazing in most cases just flavorful.
If you are a really indecisive bastard just go alpha legion as they can take any unique unit from any legion b/c lol infiltrated.
>>
>>49909753
>Warboss wants the lucky stikk, cybork body is up to you but I found it never really helps me since I redirect all the wounds to the Nobz.
>You don't need so many boyz. Slugga boyz will want a Nob with klaw to threaten vehicles or MCs.
>Warbikers too.
>Mega Nobz and Tankbustaz need transports
>Lootas and Mek guns are great.
>Killa Kan needs more heads unless it's a turn 1 distraction
>>
66usd for both the dreadknight and a librarian in terminator armor.

I mean, it's still cheaper than amazon by like 10 dollars, but wargamestore just raised their prices out of being worthy as the go-to website to buy from.

Is there a international 40k vendor that regularly sells models at incredibly competitive prices, or am I asking for too much?

And helix doesn't ship US unfortunately
>>
>>49914398
*Cruddace can't into crunch (or lore for that fucking matter)

Other designers do fine, generally
>>
if every faction is so incredibly powerful... why would anyone even bother with the imperial guard? they even use space marines when things get tough
>>
>>49914708
Because there arent enough marines around. But only really endless resource mankind has is manpower. And you dont need space marines for your average wars.
>>
>>49914708
Because Space Marines are an extremely limited resource that cannot be everywhere at once.

Astartes are the sword that cuts the head off the serpent.

The guard are the shieldwall that holds it at bay.
>>
File: Anon's angry asses - 200pts.jpg (44KB, 900x199px) Image search: [Google]
Anon's angry asses - 200pts.jpg
44KB, 900x199px
>>49912981
It could be worse, you could be spamming renegade militia.
>>
>>49914740
>>49914748
ok then what is the value of say 1 space marine as well as 1 terminator to that of the average imperial guardsman?
>>
>>49914785
A lot.
>>
>>49914785
Significant.
>>
>>49914785
>Give me a hundred Space Marines. Or failing that give me a thousand other troops

Quote that has been around since at least 2nd edition?
>>
>>49910005
Grey Knights are the successors of the Knights Errant, Malcador's private army of Astartes that left their legions for multiple reasons. Unlike the GK, not all of them were psykers.
>>
>>49914398

What rules were missing for deathwatcH?
>>
>>49915102
If we had the scan we could tell
>>
>>49913541
>I know you're joking, but even a relatively large psyker-heavy army
Might not generate enough dice to cast WC9 confidently
>he can't amass 25 WCs within 1000 points
Laughing Tzeentch daemons.jpeg
>>
>>49914004
While I'm forever grateful for plastic MkIII, I think it was wasted on Prospero. Would have been perfect for Phall (IF vs. IW). Guess they could do that with MkIIs as well.

I highly doubt they'll make a box centered around MkVI, when you can find MkVIs all over GW kits as is.
>>
File: Thinking o.gif (465KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
Thinking o.gif
465KB, 500x282px
Not looking to be competitive, but thoughts on a Hunter Cadre with
1 Commander
1 Cadre Fireblade
1 Unit of Crisis Bodyguards
4 Strike Teams
2 Breacher Teams
2 Units of Stealth Suits
1 Ghostkeel
2 Pathfinders
1 Unit of Drones
3 Hammerheads
>>
I downloaded the GSC epub from the op post, but when I put it on my phone or tablet it goes mental. The text doesn't sit on the image. It's like the styles just stopped working. I've tried 4 different ereader apps with no effect. What am I doing wrong?
>>
One of my fucking fire warriors earned his name tonight. As one of my last few models on the table he single handedly destroyed 3 imperial tanks before getting blown to bits. And thats how Shas'la Kles'tak became a legend.
>>
File: Doubt.jpg (40KB, 400x606px)
Doubt.jpg
40KB, 400x606px
>>49915864
how
>>
>>49915873
>halfway through a unit of fire warriors manages to flank half of this guys tanks
>kill one
>get rammed by another and death or glory it with haywire grenades, last guy in squad kills it next turn
>last guy in squad gets behind another tank
>kills it
>gets blown up by the opponents last tank
>>
>>49915890
How does single firewarriors kill 3hp tank? Its literally impossible since they dont have ap2 weapons.
>>
>>49915905
Rear armor was 10 and I was getting really good rolls, got like 2 penetrating hits in one rapid fire.
>>
>>49915890
So like, was this all in one turn or did this guy just not turn around after one of them died?
>>
>>49915935
2 turns, but he was also focusing on a single crisis suit also trying to be a champion
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 750x525px)
image.jpg
104KB, 750x525px
Working on my thousand sons proxy army.
>>
File: 1477117773703.jpg (46KB, 862x521px) Image search: [Google]
1477117773703.jpg
46KB, 862x521px
>>49915953
>>
>>49915991
or was it my riptide
>>
How many Riptides/FWtides are worth one imperial knight?
>>
>>49915890
Wait, so you got a 6 for the Haywire roll and then stunned or immobilised it with your single haywire grenade? Because otherwise those Firewarriors are fucking dead.
>>
>>49916015

Eh, maybe three Riptides equals two Knights?
>>
>>49908792
Thread is dead
>>49916149
New fresh thread
>>49916149
>abandon thread
>>49916149
Thread posts: 354
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.