[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 430
Thread images: 63

File: Matchmaker.jpg (1MB, 1920x1278px) Image search: [Google]
Matchmaker.jpg
1MB, 1920x1278px
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Have you ever had an in-character relationship go well? How about very poorly?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/ihwchBhM

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit
Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit
Kineticists of Porphyra IV: End of an Era playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XTgiUdDSrTCvATEDeDJ4MnbDgS6KEBLu2e9mjj5fwaw/edit
Broken Shackles Playtest: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Depressed Homebrewer's /pfg/ game: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59938/the-city-at-the-center-of-the-world

Old Thread: >>49897109
>>
>>49901547
>the evil jew forces the lesbian rogue to go hetero

What a deplorable villain!
>>
File: basics.jpg (188KB, 1029x639px) Image search: [Google]
basics.jpg
188KB, 1029x639px
Why aren't wizards wearing pointy hats and robes with stars? Is waving a magic wand below your superior intellect power fantasies?
>>
Had 2hu still been posting in these threads?
>>
>>49901561
Meris is bi and actually flirts with Valeros.
Elves are deviants in every setting, or so it seems.
>>
>>49901637
Yes.
>>
>>49902337
Goddamnit.
>>
>>49902403
Way less frequently and mostly without walls of texts.
>>
File: confused saitama.gif (304KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
confused saitama.gif
304KB, 450x253px
>>49901547
>you will never have an enemy Mesmerist keep trying to hit you with Matchmaker to put you in awkward situations
>you will never have it never work because no one could ever find you attractive
>you will never poke the Mesmerist repeatedly with a stick

How am I even supposed to feel?
>>
>>49902673

Someone somewhere will find you attractive, anon.

Whether it's a nymph or an orc, you're going to get someone hot and bothered.
>>
i wanted to make a pirate campaign in a world composed almost entirely of floating island ( with flying ships!).

is there anything like that either official or homebrewed in any kind of fantasy game system that i can use as a starting point?
>>
I intend to run a game next Spring when my schedule is better.

PoW and DSP's psionics will be allowed.

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed

What psionic classes would people expect to see in ancient Greece, if psionics existed back then?

Pic related. I think he's a Rhetorician (Witch) from Arcane Anthology with a dog familiar.
>>
>>49901561
This is incredibly racist because she makes girl to be with a white male instead of her strong independant woman of color partner. On the other hand the caster is a jew which means you can't blame her for anything. The logical thing to think would be that white male intimidated the caster into helping him to rape that girl.
>>
What is the best way to do combat with a Mauler Ioun Wyrd as a Magus? Just get outflank and use Expansion on it?
>>
>>49901779
Merisiel isn't a good example of elfdom, given that she was raised among humans, mostly in a temple of Calistria, Goddess of Lust.
>>
File: Halruuan skyship.jpg (115KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
Halruuan skyship.jpg
115KB, 400x550px
>>49902804
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/vehicles/air-vehicles/airship

There might be some stuff from Planescape that covers the Elemental Plane of Air. I think a book about Paizo's elemental planes was coming out this month.
>>
>>49902850

>She was raised to be a human lusting slut
>Paizo didn't even make her pretty
>>
I got invited to an in-progress campaign tomorrow. I asked around and the group seems to lack a healer and somebody with knowledge skills. I was thinking of jumping to Cleric.
But before I do that, are there any other good healing classes that are fun to play as?
>>
>>49903165
Oradin
>>
>>49902818
>What psionic classes would people expect to see in ancient Greece, if psionics existed back then?

All of them bar the archetypes that give you guns and shit.
>>
>>49903205
Never heard of that one. Looks pretty cool actually. Might go with that one, since the Paladin-aspect should help against Undead (which also seem to occur a lot in this campaign, and the second reason I was going for Cleric at first).
Also, forgot to mention it in my first post, but no 3pp books are allowed (that I know of).
>>
>You will never have a soft, delicate maiden healer berate you for getting almost killed again as she patches you up because everyone in your group is too homophobic to RP as one
>>
>>49903235
An other option is going full paladin with Chosen One archetype. Your Familiar can handle the healing while you handle the smiting.
>>
>>49903274
If they are not manly enough to unleash their inner waifu then they are probably homos themselves.
>>
>>49903274
Why not find a girl to play with you?
>>
File: 1474513583691.png (44KB, 708x708px) Image search: [Google]
1474513583691.png
44KB, 708x708px
>>49901582
I like spellbooks and big hats
>>
>>49903274

She ain't gonna stay soft and delicate for long if my character's knack for extreme damage is any indication.

This actually reminds me of a situation in a Kingmaker campaign way back when where our stuck-up noble bastard sorceress had a panic attack after the bandit ambush at Oleg's.
>>
>>49903526
Why don't I win the lottery while I'm at it too?
>>
>>49903618
Because finding a girl that likes pathfinder is really easy.
>>
File: tumblr_nuv8urV1tl1qb2kz6o1_540.jpg (89KB, 540x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuv8urV1tl1qb2kz6o1_540.jpg
89KB, 540x810px
>>49903274
>tfw this, but reversed genders
I want to be the cute healer(male)
>>
>>49903640
Teach me your secrets, anon.

I don't actually have any female friends whatsoever. No luck online and I live in bumfuck nowhere so I can't exactly meet people by chance.
>>
>Your table is more comfortable playing flamboyant queers than females
???
>>
>>49901582
Wizardry is for losers.
>Year of the grand over mind 2016
>siphoning power from the universe
>not being your own font of power
>not being a Psion
Enjoy getting your asshole eaten out by that succubus you summoned loser.
>>
>>49903655

An easy place to find female players is Elliquiy, which is basically the F-List of trashy romance writers with a healthy tabletop scene.
>>
>>49903668
>Non-initiators thinking they're hot shit
I'm literally invincible and immortal over here don't mind me
Hey, what's it like running out of resources?
>>
>>49903680
Enjoy getting banned by the GM retard.

Or grappled.
>>
>>49903655
Treat life like an rpg. Get a player to be your party's face and use him to attract female players.
>>
>>49903675
I think those gals wouldn't enjoy my circle of friends.
I need "jaded degenerate autist (female)" I think. Lest we all start acting different just to accomodate the grill.
>>
>>49903687
>Grapple
HAHAHAHAHA

>>>>Grapple
OH FUCK NO ANYTHING BUT THAT

>>>>>>>>>>>GRAPPLE
I HAVE LITERALLY NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT THIS
IF ONLY I COULD... COUNTER IT SOMEHOW...
PFFFFFFFFFF
>>
quick question, can you stealth as part of the combat patrol feat to gain sneak attack before you attack?
>>
>>49903734
>HAHAHA COUNTER EAT SHIT GM
>WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE OTHER GUYS GOES FOR A GRAPPLE!?
>>
>>49903668
>psion
>can't even undead
I bet you couldn't even summon a succubus.
>>
>>49903775

Do you have Hide in Plain Sight?
>>
>>49903786
>can't even undead
Lol enjoy getting the shit smited out of you when a Paladin sees you and goes ape on you and your "skellybros"
>I bet you couldn't even summon a succubus.
I don't need to faggot.
>>
>>49903798
Yes, or shadow well, or some form of concealment.
>>
>>49903782
How the fuck do you grapple me if i just used a counter to get out of range you loose ninny
>>
>>49903947
>used a counter to get out of range
*unzips reach*
You thought wrong
>>
>>49903979
Is your reach 60 feet? Because that's how far I just moved with Relativity Burst
>>
How's this look? shadowdancer 1 with combat patrol and a reach weapon.

Here's the breakdown: Stealth can be triggered every time you move, for any reason, as long as you are within 10 feet of dim light. Combat patrol allows you to expand your threatened area by 5 ft per 5 BAB, and allows you to move as part of these attacks.

Your actions in combat are therefore as follows:

Round 1: If spring attack, move (while in stealth), attack, then move into position for maximum AoOs (while using that movement for stealth)

Round 2+: Break stealth in the middle of the enemy formation and set up combat patrol. Take a free action to tell them they fight like a dairy farmer. If they move towards you, move (and enter stealth while doing so) and then attack. repeat as neccesary.

The best part? Your combat actions actually mirror how shadowdancers work in fluff, what with bouncing in and out of stealth, appearing and dissapearing in a whirling dervish of steel and shadow. No one will know if they can actually hit you where you're at, because you might not still be there when they get to you. And furthermore, any time that you're out of position, you can (seriously, take spring attack on a shadowdancer 100% of the time) enter stealth, attack and then enter stealth again where you intend to be.
>>
>>49901547
I played an ghaele in 3.5e that seduced several npcs and had children with two pc's. One of them didn't know about the child.
>>
>>49904026

W-were you the DM?

How does an idealized humanoid made out of hard light have kids anyway.
>>
So my character has an ability that works like alter self but can become large so when you increase size what would that change either going from small to medium sized with the original spell or medium to large with this version.
>>
File: alter.png (93KB, 734x334px) Image search: [Google]
alter.png
93KB, 734x334px
>>49904388
fuck forgot image
>>
>>49902837
You forget Anon, Mesmerists are psychic casters, and therefore can't cast while intimidated!

Clearly the Patriarchy has developed a more subtle and insidious form of mind control.
>>
>>49904405
Depending on what level that is obtained at I could see a lot of martials dipping for that.
>>
>>49903996
Fiendbound Marauder fuckface, I can do that too!
>>
File: 1367563688088.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1367563688088.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>49904286
Well, SOMETHING had to be hard to have kids.
>>
>>49904505
well thats the progression you'd need to get to level 3 (or arguably just 1 level and a feat from a pdf the company released online which increases binder level by 4 up to character level) and there are class archetypes for all the core classes+ advance players guide classes over the 2 books Pact magic unbound 1 and 2 if you can find them or the update pact magic unbound grimoire of lost souls that just released.
>>
File: Untitled.png (102KB, 932x720px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
102KB, 932x720px
>>49904812
well god damn im 0 for 2 on images
>>
>>49901547
https://youtu.be/RDnlR7mJzAM?t=246
>>
>>49904733

>4716 AR
>Not extracting the masculine essence through magic

Kek, Azata are so pure Lillends don't even poop, what makes you think the Ghaele likes spreading their legs for cute boys?
>>
I plan on running a Bard//Alchemist campaign, where they have to save three princesses and a prince from a dragon who is trying to turn them into a pop-band. Should run through about four dungeons, and I'm hoping it'll go from level 8-10.

My question is, are there any monsters you know of that would fit, and would anyone be willing to help me come up with ideas for the game?
>>
I've been thinking about trying to port the Artifact Weapon system from Legion to my campaign. I've got a few ideas in mind, but any suggestions?
>>
>>49905027

Don't intelligent items have rules for potential advancement? Or am I thinking of something else?
>>
>>49905050
Legendary items
It's a mythic subsystem
>>
>>49905050
>>49905065
Oh, right, I could alter that to fit what I was looking to do.
>>
>>49901547
Okay, so my character was just killed last night, but we're nearing the end of our campaign, so I don't want to waste one of my character concepts that I'd like to play in a full campaign on a replacement. I need a stand-in for the remainder of this campaign or until my party can resurrect my old character, which is probably not going to happen.

I'm running Emerald Spire, all first party stuff except occult classes and vigilante are allowed currently, and we're at level 8. Anybody got any fun build ideas for that range? Prefer to avoid mind-affecting shit as we've hit the point where that's unlikely to ever succeed. I'm open to crazy shit.

Saw a suggestion for a Synthesist summoner with a level of Mysterious Stranger gunslinger so I turn into a six-pistol wielding monster, so looking for creative uses of multi-classing/archetypes or feat abuse like that if possible. Any fun ideas?
>>
>>49905089
> I'm running Emerald Spire

You poor bastard.
>>
>>49905089
Play a Titan Druid (or whatever it's called, the dinosaur one) that wildshapes into a hummingbird, flies high, then enlarges self and wild shapes into a blue whale for insane falling object damage in a huge AoE
>>
>>49905262
Yeah, I know. Me and the DM talked and we're trying to rush it so we can get to a better campaign, but the others don't wanna just abandon it this far in.

>>49905266
That actually sounds insanely fun. I may just try that out. The DM would certainly let me get away with it, and it would be hella fun.
>>
>>49905266
>Druids’ ability to wild shape into a creature of the animal type allows a goliath druid to assume only the form of a dinosaur or megafauna.
Can't do that friendo.
>>
>>49905489
Pterodactyl -> argentinosaurus then
>>
Today on 'Stupid ideas before going to bed':

What if Path of War disciplines were like pokemon types, and each one had weaknesses or resistances to others?
Your type is determined by the stance you're in, and if you use a strike matching your stance you get a Same Type Attack Bonus for extra damage.
If you're in a stance and hit by a strike from a discipline that it's weak to, you take 1.5x damage, and halved if you're resistance.

This encourages lots of tactical stance switching.
>>
>>49905745
Cursed Razor - Dark
Sleeping Goddess - Psychic
Thrashing Dragon - Dragon?
Broken Blade - Fighting
Mithral Current - Water
Steel Serpent - Poison

This shit writes itself.
>>
>>49905745
Stance switching does need encouragement.
Generally you just sit in the best one you have and then turn on your mobility stance when you need it. There are some exceptions but they're rare.
That said STAB is not needed at all here.
Something like that COULD be good though.
>>
>>49905745
How are PCs(and enemies!) supposed to determine what stance an enemy is in, and what disciplines they have strikes from?
>>
>>49905806
Kn Martial already does this
>>
File: 1437947809269.jpg (3MB, 2386x1342px) Image search: [Google]
1437947809269.jpg
3MB, 2386x1342px
>>49905745
Synergy feats?
>>
>>49905843
Please yes
I love those
>>
File: 1476056082516.jpg (2MB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
1476056082516.jpg
2MB, 2480x3508px
>>49905745
I want to capture a female warder with Protect and a Lustful nature!

All I'm finding is stalkers and harbingers in this area!
>>
>>49905745
Issue would be Variable Winds+SW and Elemental Flux becoming trump type maneuvers, given they'd be all Fire, Ice, Electricity and Ground at the same type, which covers a large majority of types.
Issue is quite a few maneuvers would compete for typing, particularly Cursed Razor and Black Seraph for Dark, the aforementioned elemental maneuvers, Broken Blade and Fool's Errand for Rock, Primal Fury, Chimera Soul and Golden Lion for Normal, Scarlet Throne, Iron Tortoise and Piercing Thunder for Steel or Fighting, and Eternal Guardian, Riven Hourglass and Shattered Mirror not having adequeate types to fit. Veiled Moon and Unquiet Grave would also be competing for Ghost.
>>
>>49905890
He did say LIKE pokemon types, not mapping directly to them.
>>
>>49905878
Please kill yourself
>>49905745
That sounds pretty dumb, PF classes are already strapped for swifts and adding more ways to get more damage(especially with path of war) is a bad thing..
>>
>>49905902
23 is too many types.
We'd need to consolidate.
Thankfully we have the ex/su split for Defense/Sp.Defense
>>
>>49905890
>Broken Blade not fighting
>Piercing Thunder not electric
>Iron Tortoise not steel

Riven Hourglass and Shattered Mirror would be Psychic.
>>
>>49905878

Why don't you play the lustful, protective female Warder?

You aren't lacking for inspiration, Dorkness from Konosuba is basically the perfect example of that type of character.
>>
File: SnFKley.jpg (64KB, 398x960px) Image search: [Google]
SnFKley.jpg
64KB, 398x960px
>>49906252
Because I'm playing the healer!
>>
File: Aroused.jpg (160KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Aroused.jpg
160KB, 1280x720px
>>49906321
that doesn't answer the question
>>
>>49906321

>Implying the lustful, protective female Warder can't have points in Heal.
>>
>>49906522
>Implying the heal skill does anything useful in Pathfinder
>>
>>49906560
It can give you information.

If information is useless, then you are not playing PF, you're playing 4e.
>>
>>49906560

It lets you know if someone needs help, and more importantly it gives the Warder narrative power over patching up her comrades and providing long-term care.

Something a protective woman would really, really enjoy doing?
>>
>>49901582
I can't speak for other people, but thats exactly how I want to wizard.

Look up Zandalor from Divinity, that motherfucker has got it right.
>>
>>49906593
What Info? The only thing listed is Identify Drugs/Pharmaceuticals. Unless GM rules it (which mine is a bitch about RAW), I don't see anything about getting information. You don't even know what Poison you are treating, you are just treating it.

>>49906619
I'm all for narrative skills on a 4+INT int based class, but how does it let you know if someone needs help?
>>
>>49906792

Isn't it obvious, anon?

You take their temperature.
>>
>>49906807
I was hoping for something useful.

I have a motherly Oracle with Skill Focus Heal. I asked the GM if I could use it to check weaknesses/resistances of enemies and he said no.
>>
>>49906619
>Heal skill
>Narrative power
If by that you mean the narrative power to see a guy is bleeding, which anyone could have done, and then call for your cleric/healer to go actually heal him, totally.
>>
Does PoW have a way to reflect damage?
Like blademail you know.
>>
>>49906848
Not even letting you use your knowledge of biology (inherent in knowing how to heal) to your advantage in combat, the one part of the system used to determine balance?
Damn. Too much RAW going "its not in the rules, it can't work in game".
>>
>>49906892
Have you tried reading the books?
>>
>>49906906
Like I said, RAW or gtfo. It's really annoying since I have one GM that is "fuck this, fuck that, that's stupid" and does massive changes for the better of the system, and will allow pretty much anything if the players can describe it. (Acrobatics to do a leaping charge through difficult terrain)

The other is like you said. A jarring "If it ain't in the rules, I'm not making rules for it, can't be done".
>>
>>49906861

Eh, I was meaning more like bandaging a guy up or whipping up a cure for someone's disease.

Yeah yeah it's not as quick as healing magic but not much you can do to fix that.

There's also stuff like performing surgery or being a midwife or setting bones, all things that use the Heal skill.
>>
>>49906952
Well the leaping charge is actually 100% legit incidentally
>>
>>49906984
What.
>>
>>49906930
Nah.
>>
>>49906974
You can't really, y'know, DO that.
>>
>>49906593
Identifying a disease earlier would have saved one of my part members.
And stabilizing Heal checks have extended the lives of two of them.
>>
>>49907029
Well it is. Jumps are a nonaction as part of movement. Difficult terrain wouldnt slow you depending on what it is since you're going over it.
>>
>>49907086

A character with a sufficiently high Heal check can, actually. For example, the Midwife's Kit gives you a +4 bonus to Heal checks used to deliver humanoid pregnancies.

Setting bones could be construed as treating a serious wound, and Treat Disease is an aspect of Heal.

Hell, the Heal check is used for torture!
>>
>>49907144
If he started the jump in difficult terrain there still is only a DC bump to your Acrobatics check for jump distance.
>>
>>49907175
And for forensics! Knowing the guard captain was murdered by rapier user with cauterized wounds from fire damage should help limit your suspect list.
>>
>>49907175
Hey, you know what else lets you do all of those things? Magic. And it does it better.
>>
>>49907181
Well you cant normally charge through difficult terrain. He COULD jump right from the start and get around it, but he'd eat the penalty for no running start.
>>
>>49907220
Until it doesn't.

It doesn't take much for a caster to fail your party.
>>
Any chance anyone has a Modern Path PDF?
>>
>>49907220
Name one magic spell that can deliver a baby.
>>
>>49907220

Using skills for those things is more fun.

I mean sure, use a heal spell for a wound you get in an encounter, but a Heal check feels more immersive if you're in a village and the local knight has a ragged cough, or he fell from his horse and has a crushed leg.

That's what I meant by narrative power. When you whip out the Heal skill it has plot significance, even if the plot is a minor one.
>>
>>49907263
All of them, since there isn't a check to deliver a baby, and it's an entirely non-mechanical thing.

>>49907285
A heal check also takes multiple hours or days of care to heal any damage, so...
>>
>>49907220
Why waste a precious spell slot?
>>
>>49907285

You don't even need to actively use the Heal skill either, if the DM knows you've invested significantly into it they might just ask you to make one and then describe the situation accordingly.
>>
>>49907297
Oh, you're one of those.

Never mind. You can't be reasoned with.
>>
>>49907297

>A heal check also takes multiple hours or days of care to heal any damage, so...

And? Time in-game is not equal to time out, a day can pass in the blink of an eye or with cool little side quests while the healer is occupied saving a nobleman's life.
>>
>>49907334
"Hey guys, let me just bandage up your wound mid-fight, it only takes 4+ hours, even if I invest skills, feats, and other things into making it better! And hey, don't worry, even though CLW still beats it, it's F R E E!"
>>
>>49907263
Grease.
>>
>>49907370

See >>49907285
>I mean sure, use a heal spell for a wound you get in an encounter
>>
>>49907370
"What do you mean you didn't prepare Neutralize Poison? I'm dying here and, oh you can treat that as a standard action with a heal check, we're cool then.
>>
>>49907393
Okay then.

Objection withdrawn.
>>
>>49907331
>One of those
You mean someone who actually reads the rules? Why, yes, I do actually do that.
>>
>>49907418
No, he means a person who takes the rules solely as written, and with an eye to optimize everything under the assumption of a classic 4 PC group.
>>
>>49907448
Well, yeah. If you're comparing the mechanical benefits of Option 1 to Option 2, you have to look at just what's there mechanically.
>>
>>49907414
Anti-toxin costs 50 gp per dose and is better than heal checks, assuming your actions have no value and you automatically succeed them.
>>
I need to find a god for my Not!Paladin character.
He's all about ensuring freedom for the innocent and chaining up the guilty.
Literally, almost - I'm going to fluff a bunch of PoW stuff such as Lock as spectral chains. He also has the Liberation blessing from Warpriest. It's a neat concept I think.
Anyway, I'd like him to be LG or NG so I need a god that's within 1 step from either of those.
Suggestions?
Should I just bite the bullet and start making up my own?
>>
>>49907414
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/heal#TOC-Treat-Poison
So

So, senpai, lemme just

Lemme just read this shit here

You expect your guy with the Heal skill to, while in combat, waste his turn running over to the guy who got poisoned, WHILE he's fighting what poisoned him, while still fighting whatever else is around

Spend a standard and move to get to him and ATTEMPT to heal him

And if he succeeds

He gives the guy... +4 competence bonus on the save. The save which, to clarify, he already failed, because if the save wasn't failed in the first place, your heal bullshit wouldn't matter at all.
>>
>>49907463
Antitoxin gives a +4 on the save only. If you fail the save, you're still poisoned.
>>
>>49907473
http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Naderi

This should be perfect for you.
>>
>>49907459
And that's why you're a moron. If you just look at mechanics you're not playing a TTRPG game, you're playing a board game and need to go back to 4e.
>>
>>49907485
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/goods-and-services/herbs-oils-other-substances#TOC-Antitoxin
>>
>>49907489
Heh, that's pretty smooth, anon.
>>
>>49902850
>yfw Valeros and Kaya say fuck it with this whimsical loon and get together.
Shame the Cleric seems to be an actual 100% dyke
>>
>>49907463
Well shit cake is better than veggies but we don't burn down the veggie farms because that shit's important. Alchemical bonuses stack with Competence, use them both and get a +9. No one's shitting on useable items and skills here, just the opposite.
>>49907476
Who said we were in combat?
>>
>>49903706
This actually works.
Then again I'm the party face, and the only one without a grill.
>>
>>49907485
It gives +5 to ALL saves against poison for the duration. Treat Poison gives +5 to a SINGLE save per use. Literally the only reasons not to prefer antitoxin is if you're strapped for cash or you don't have any/have limited amount and think you might need it for something more urgent later.
>>
>>49907557
You can use both you twit.
>>
>>49907578
That's stupid. If your left leg is weaker than your right leg, you should just cut your left leg off.
>>
>>49907617
Yeah, clockwork prosthetics are cheap enough and offer literally no downside but also have an upside
>>
>>49907661

The upside of clockwork prosthetics is you're always on time!
>>
File: 1373559400802.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1373559400802.gif
999KB, 250x251px
>>49907497
I'm not a moron, I'm being pedantic and autistic.

Big difference.
>>
>>49907661
Protip: Kill a party member at the start of a game. Loot his corpse of its gold, and when his new character walks in, kill that one too. Repeat this until you have a few million gold per party member, then stop buy a bunch of high level magic items. This should help increase your damage output and defensive capabilities.
>>
>>49907756
Actually you can just stop at around 50k and then find a caster that'll Planar Bind a genie for you. Then simply use a wish loop for omnipotence.
>>
>>49901582
Because I prefer big floppy hats, robes with runes, and staves.
>>
>>49901582
Is that wizard wearing a robe with a hood AND a pointy hat?
>>
>>49907263
Teleport.

Try to avoid mishaps.
>>
What happens to the fetus when you polymorph a pregnant woman into a male or sexless creature?
>>
>>49908051

Word of god is apprently nothing, they just vanish and come back fine afterwards.
>>
>>49908084
Is the gestation period extended by the time spent polymorphed, or does something happen if birthing time comes up while polymorphed?
>>
>>49908051

Is... Is this a hypothetical, or are you in a situation where this is happening?
>>
>>49908273
I need to smuggle a small object.
>>
How much more expensive would a Robe of Infinite Twine get if it could produce chains?
Does an item like that exist already? Couldn't find it myself.
>>
>>49908114
Dude, that's just something to ask your dm. Most people don't go that in-depth into it, or even want to think about it.
>>
File: eaf.jpg (119KB, 762x563px) Image search: [Google]
eaf.jpg
119KB, 762x563px
>>49908346

...Your plan is to hide an object in someone's uterus, then turn them into something without a uterus in order to hide said object in whatever pocket dimension fetuses are shunted off to?
>>
>>49908346
Remind me to use that line if I ever get teen pregnant.
>>
>>49908498
While it would be a question for the case of a valid biological function being temporarily magic'd out of existence (personally I say dead fetus when you shift back in because it couldn't get oxygen or nutrients for at least several rounds) in the case of an unconnected object that sounds more like a job for DR-bypassing dice of severe internal damage there.
>>
>>49908498
Well if I hypothetically had a wizard or good buddy go dragon form so I could crawl up its vagina, and then he polymorphed back to a human male before I ran out of breath, perfectly preserving me until he polymorphed back to that form, it sure would make stealth missions a lot easier.
>>
File: DUnMeshWhat.png (223KB, 405x797px) Image search: [Google]
DUnMeshWhat.png
223KB, 405x797px
>>49908575
I think it's time I stopped browsing /pfg/ for today.

captcha: ROAD STOP
>>
File: UW8tm0.jpg (39KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
UW8tm0.jpg
39KB, 720x479px
>>49908575

Well.

Good luck with that.
>>
File: mushroom.jpg (33KB, 600x452px) Image search: [Google]
mushroom.jpg
33KB, 600x452px
>>49908575
*KABOOM* is/should be the appropriate answer in this case. you're not food, you're a separate, resisting entity (lest you disappear for good when the spell compensates for your size).
"Something's got to give" as it were...
>>
>>49902804
You can adapt some things from eberron - it prominently featured airships.

You can also pull some stuff from old games like netstorm islands at war.

I'd recommend having playable races be at least *somewhat* influenced by elemental plane of air so they aren't entirely without means of transport (they might not be able to fly, but they have some advantages regarding wind and can do silly shit like build a floating colony - or maybe the priest moves the island around ala netstorm).
>>
Does Primal Warrior Stance give you reach?
I mean, you count as Large and your weapon counts as Huge. It's kind of implied, no?
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 299x168px
I have a problem i hope you guys can clear up for me.

I'm playing a 3.5 campaign as a druid. We have just reached 3rd level and i have been searching for a feat. In Dragon Magazine #342 there is the "Initiate of Olidammara" feat that "Adds the following spells to one of my divine spell lists"

>1st: Festival Feast: Creates delicious food for 3 humans/level
>2nd: Olidammara's Bard Spell: You can prepare spells from the bard spell list. (!!!)
>3rd: Olidammara's Carapace: Creates a protective shell around you.

I have Scribe Scroll as one of my first level feats. My question is; as far as RAW is concerned can i scribe scrolls with bard spells, and subsequently use them?
>>
>>49908051
I dunno about Pathfinder, but in 3.5, dragons, especially the metallics, will often take human form for fun and reomance, and if they fall pregnant, they're stuck in humanshape until they give birth.
>>
How come DSP still don't have a feat that lets you switch stances as an immediate action?
Slap a 1/day on there with "Special: you can take this feat multiple times." call it "Stance Dance" and it's good to go.
>>
>>49908940
Seems like a solid way to defeat a dragon.
>>
>>49909030

Why would you want to kill a metallic dragon?
>>
>>49909030

Most dragons who do this are not the types getting targeted by most people.
>>
>>49909030
That'll teach HER to pretend to be my newly trained human squire, pretend to become my close friend and valued comrade, pretend to begin valuing me as a person, pretend to fall in love with me and then pretend to marry me!
The audacity on those dragons, man.
>>
>>49908940
Source on that? I don't recall that passage anywhere. You might be thinking of changelings?
>>
>>49909069

>Copper dragon waifu, heavily pregnant, is laying on your lap as you enjoy a lazy summer day
>Reveals this was the greatest prank of all; falling in love and getting a dragon pregnant
>Now you're stuck with her FOREVER
>She bops you on the nose, "haha, got you!"
>>
>>49909113
Reminds me of my second relationship.
>>
>>49909113

>"Alas, alack, I am made to be the fool. Truly, such wit is unmatched the world over."
>Operation Hot Lovin' ENGAGE
>>
>>49909113
>She outlives you
>Then your child, too
>>
Are there any rules against holding your weapons in your hat?
>>
>>49909113

I'm imagining the big reveal is said playfully and it makes the whole scenario cute as heck.
>>
>>49909113
I prefer silver dragon waifu's.
>>
>>49909447

Not really, but not every campaign can survive the presence of a genuine metalhead.
>>
>>49909113
Quick /PFG/ we must intricately describe relationships with all metallic and chromatic dragons!

>Anti-social black dragon waifu; hates everything except you. Has a hard time admitting it. Has tried to direct the black dragon urges of maiming, slaughtering and 'pickling' their food in productive manners by creating great larders of cured meats for you. They're actually pretty delicious. Eventually you begin to think it's cute how she salivates over having meals together. She still won't admit she likes you.
>>
>>49909681
Nah.
>>
>Want to use a spell on the party's ranger's animal to make it more useful at times
>He tells me he'd kill me if I tried
>DM starts making rules up to prevent me from doing it
I fucking hate when the DM is friends with a player and always favors them.
>>
>>49908912

Am i on the wrong board? Or is this just too esoteric?

Are there any examples of other caster classes getting spell lists of other classes and how they interact with Scribe Scroll?
>>
>>49909732

Are you trying to Awaken it or use Anthropomorphic Animal? Because that shit irks some people.
>>
>>49909583

As do I, but Coppers are the type who'd do that sort of thing to someone they love.

Silvers would go through a lengthy courting ceremony followed by family sanctioned dates concluded with a very large wedding presided by the head priest.
>>
>>49909739
Read your scribe scroll feat. The spell list doesn't matter.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?486634-Olidammara-s-Bard-Spell
>>
>>49909764
Nah, just to use Atavism.
>>
>>49909792
Considering it makes the animal "feral" I wouldn't necessary want it on my animal companion either. Also it allows a fort save to begin with.
>>
>>49909732
You're trying to control on an aspect of another player's character because you don't like to play how they like to play. Your DM is shit, he should just kick you from the game.
>>
>>49909792
Atavism is not an innocent buff you can just toss about.
I wouldn't let you do it to mine, either.
>>
>>49909792
That's a Druid-only spell.
Are you seriously complaining that you can't treat your party member's companion the same way you treat yours?
>>
>>49909792
Imagine for a second you were a martial and some shitheel wanted to cast Rage on you whenever he felt like it.
It's not Keen Edge, this shit alters more than just stats. You're a cunt and completely in the wrong.
>>
>>49909120
I take it she was copper colored and also a colossal creature?
>>
>>49909424
Well that's far from certain. With modern medicine (aka potions, spells, psionics, etc) one can live long past their expected lifespan, and sometimes well into their death!
>>
>>49910144

She wouldn't be a colossal creature while pregnant!

Just a delicious shade of copper, an energetic young woman as quick with a jest as she is with a smile.
>>
>>49909681
one caveat about the black dragon; it's a black dragon. most likely it's your sister.

Whites are just as bad.
>>
>>49910177
No, I mean your second relationship.
>>
>>49910157
>Why? Why did I become the thing you see before you?
>Arrogant fools you dare ask why I commit these evils? Why I raise the Undead and command forces far beyond nature's intention?
>Why? Why!?
>Truth be told. I don't remember why. When I look at your dragon sigil I feel I can almost remember but.
>I suppose that's not important. What matters is I hold fast to this world, and let no idiotic adventurers ruin my eternal life!
>>
Is Vigilante Stalker (the DSP one) my best option for a knowledgeable, quick-witted bounty hunter character?
Among Initiators only, I should specify.
>>
>>49909681

I figure Golds have been grooming you to be their husband since before you were born. Generations of careful eugenics to create the perfect man with every trait and characteristic that leaves her breathless.

Imagine her orchestrating that man's call to adventure, easing her into his life as a mysterious benefactor and invaluable ally and eventually lover.

All according to plan.
>>
>>49910295
>He goes gay for the party barbarian
>>
File: Ln_Wiz.png (518KB, 602x984px) Image search: [Google]
Ln_Wiz.png
518KB, 602x984px
>>49910212
Or instead of edgy you could just go like Wiz; just switch to lich to protect those she loves and then (un)lives quietly.
>>
>Tonight established a fourth campaign starting up

Woo! I think I'm going to be sick.
>>
>>49910192
No, I meant she tricked me into marrying her and getting her pregnant, and then revealed she was actually a terrifying monster.
>>
>>49910335

Explain! Explain! Tell us everything!
>>
>>49910332
That's exactly as described. Dealing with undeath is evil and turns good men evil.
>>
>>49910332

I know plenty about the other dorks in that show, but who is Wiz besides a titty monster?
>>
File: Trombe.jpg (93KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Trombe.jpg
93KB, 400x500px
>>49910295
So basically Bene Gesserit but with romance as their end-goal? I don't think that's possible for anything with [good] in their alignment... It's just too far down the creep road especially when you consider the *planned* agegaps.

I think more likely for Golds is a "Blade, Horse, One Body!" situation with a paladin after spending years and years together cleaving evil.
>>
>>49910350
Multiple player schedules not lining up.
It use to be GM 1 went on Saturdays, GM 2 went on Sundays (every other), GM 3 went on the inbetween Sundays.

GM 1 is new and needed more breaks so he could get his campaign built. He switched to Week A on Sundays.

GM 2 took over Saturdays, but we have a new player joining, and wanted to join every other week. GM 2 is running old campaign of his on Week A Saturdays and a prebuilt AP to make things easier on Week B Saturdays.

GM 3 is running Week B Sundays.

Week A Saturday is now a high fantasy campaign set in Norse Mythology about Hel trying to take over Britain, Scotland, and Finland.
Week A Sunday is a crusades-esk half role play campaign where the GM is making out choices count, shaping the world and how the people remember use.
Week B Saturday is going to be Carrion Crown.
Week B Sunday is Reign of Winter.

Week B has newbies playing and GM 3 is a newbie GM, so we went with pre-fabs for the easiest time.
>>
>>49910387

Silvers are the courtly Paladins falling for you between adventures fighting evil, Golds are all about scheming and detached nobility.
>>
>>49910375
Fairly strong mage became a lich to have the extra power needed to save death-cursed partymembers (people really need to learn not to trigger terrible flags like that right before assaulting a boss' castle)

Now the others retired to raise their kids while she runs a potion shop into the red.

Like pretty anything else Aqua wants to exterminate on sight, Wiz is maximum sweet
>>
>>49910419

Oh gosh that sounds fantastic, I want to join that Crusades campaign!

I want to be shadows and dust!
>>
>>49910458

Aqua is such a bitch but that's part of what makes her so great.
>>
>>49910445
In that case it would likely be a series of political marriages.

>When Goldion Hammer was 73, his parents married him off to the princess of Kingdom A, where his descendants rule with a just touch to this day

>When Goldion Hammer was 210, he married the princess of large Duchy B, where his descendants rule justly to this day

>When Goldion Hammer was 578, his wife who really wanted to take it easy after their fourth clutch had him temporarily marry a princess of Kingdom A again, which he was kinda reluctant about, and where his descendants rule justly to this day

>When Goldion was 1831, he combined with two other capital vessels into a gigantic energy weapon to crush a sta... no wait wrong setting
>>
File: Racialmax.png (788KB, 1122x616px) Image search: [Google]
Racialmax.png
788KB, 1122x616px
>>49910498
>>
>>49910512
>Why does that dragon have a tiger's face on its chest?
>>
>>49910535

>Aqua can't help it if she's literally retarded

She's just naturally that way too, considering anything she drinks is purified.
>>
>>49910342
he was calling her fat you doofus
>>
>>49910295
You're describing a blue dragon, not a gold; Except the blue dragon ropes you into "slaying" her only to kill the rest of the unfortunates that were your party and then turn you into a fucktoy. Remember blues are the obsessive schemers that can get a bit crackpot.

Golds are just super nice.
>>
File: Gold_Tiger.jpg (64KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Gold_Tiger.jpg
64KB, 720x540px
>>49910561
>"Because it's cool"

I do love how that... series of series? acknowledges there being other heroes elsewhere, other special labs,etc around the world, and in the past as well (Indomitable Defenders 5)
>>
>>49910178
Nah, 'natural' black dragon mating is a territorial dispute that quickly turns into a rape. That's basically how it's described in source material.
>>
>>49910631
>Golds are just super nice.

Bronze dragons are just super nice, their whole thing is being well-mannered conversationalists.
>>
>>49910577
It was her sheer pride at having started with her stats all maxed out because she's a goddess, only for Kazuma to realize what that meant to her dump stats...
>>
File: 1412557168974.jpg (63KB, 425x621px) Image search: [Google]
1412557168974.jpg
63KB, 425x621px
>>49910236
I would, because of the knowledge and inspiration abilities.

I even made one to hunt PCs.

For someone who wants to take their targets alive, focus on Tempest Gale and Broken Blade.
>>
>>49910631
Also, forgot to mention, blue's have the most half-dragon offspring and dragon-blooded creatures of *all* of the dragons.
>>
>>49910512
>Goldion
GA GA GA
A

G
A

G
A
>>
>>49910679

I somehow expected Reds would have more, but the insane imperialists makes a bit more sense.

I mean, what else are you going to do out in the middle of nowhere with a settlement of thralls?
>>
>>49910295
>>49910387
>http://www.pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Mengkare
>>
>>49910802
http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Blue_dragon

Comments sourced from dragons revisited
>>
File: GGG.jpg (250KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
GGG.jpg
250KB, 1024x768px
>>49910696
>>
>>49902919
>not human
>"didn't even make her pretty"

I'd like for you to find a small cactus, and shove it as far up your shriveled anus as you possibly can.
>>
>>49911035

My anus is puckered, not shriveled.
>>
>>49903165
Go Oracle of Life.
It's essentially the sorcerer version of the cleric but has much better healing potential. You can find it in the APG
>>
>>49906560
Add occult and regular skill unlocks and the faith healing feat and heal can be a pretty good 1×day heal and buff.
>>
File: Rutilus Triumph (Netarliargus).jpg (293KB, 1140x701px) Image search: [Google]
Rutilus Triumph (Netarliargus).jpg
293KB, 1140x701px
>>49910802
For a Red, every offspring is a potential rival.
>>
>>49910979
Dividing Driver
Aura strong transmutation, conjuration; CL 9th
Slot --; Price 60,000 gp; Weight 500 lbs.
This large screwdriver-like implement is not a weapon, but must be wielded with two hands. When activated by thrusting it into a 5 foot square, the terrain type of that square is stretched and expanded to fill a 10 kilometer diameter circle. Any number of targets can be designated to stay with the user in this circle, but all other creatures, objects, buildings, other structures, and terrain are sent to a warped space, forced to share the 5 foot squares bordering the circle, until their turn when they can move. After 30 minutes, the space returns to normal, and anything left inside takes 40d8 of bludgeoning damage as it is crushed by rending space. This item can be used once per day.
>>
File: df57becfdad6466f94fee778054009df.png (103KB, 1305x145px) Image search: [Google]
df57becfdad6466f94fee778054009df.png
103KB, 1305x145px
How /pfg/ views healers.
>>
File: FFT white mages vs archer.jpg (421KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
FFT white mages vs archer.jpg
421KB, 800x800px
>>49911382
That sounds about right.

Nowadays, people make a Witch, Bard, or Skald and buy a wand of CLW.

Or, they make an Alchemist.

I haven't heard of many people making a Battle Templar.
>>
File: 1449462393095.gif (208KB, 354x534px) Image search: [Google]
1449462393095.gif
208KB, 354x534px
>>49911382

But... But I like my healers tough and stoic, who hide their fears under professional resolve and the bravery to better minister healing to those who need it most.
>>
File: 483.png (334KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
483.png
334KB, 600x600px
>>49911382

>Healsluts
>Not big burly Kurgessans who give healing-infused massages
>>
>>49911529

So... Healstuds?
>>
File: david tennant hamlet mirror.jpg (83KB, 1000x971px) Image search: [Google]
david tennant hamlet mirror.jpg
83KB, 1000x971px
Reposting for comments and crits:

A couple of days ago I was chatting with an anon about the idea of bringing a GW2 mesmer-type class into PF and I suggested it working as a new archetype or order for Ertw's Beguiler. I've been mulling over this idea and I think I've got a decent framework and I'm hoping to get some comments.

Order of the Shattered Looking Glass

1st level order power would grant a mirror image-like spell-like ability (useable 3+Int times per day), but as he leveled up they would become more "real." The Beguiler would get +1 to attack and damage rolls which would increase by +1 at levels 5, 10, 15 and 20 (like a Slayer's studied target). Maybe this bonus would have a maximum equal to the number of images present.

7th level order power would allow the beguiler to shatter any number of these images as a swift action to do a fixed amount of damage to everybody the Beguiler threatens (Reflex for half). Maybe at higher levels it could impose a negative condition on those in the area instead of the damage.

13th level order power would allow some of the images to actually make attacks. One attack at Beguiler's highest BAB at 13th level, a second attack at highest BAB-5 at 16th level (as long as two images exist), a third attack at highest BAB-10 at 19th level (as long as three images exist).

Not sure about the capstone order power yet.
>>
>>49911541

Damn straight.
>>
>>49911541
>Not wanting a mushy creamy filling in a thin vegetable skin filled with carbs and invigorating vitamin B6 that's just about erupting its steaming load of gooey cheeses and white sour cream augmented with salty sweaty little bacon bits and refreshing chives to all squeeze its down your eager awaiting throat to fill your belly with warm healing +HP effects.
Healspuds are the best.
>>
File: MGS4 - GW Inside.jpg (423KB, 915x542px) Image search: [Google]
MGS4 - GW Inside.jpg
423KB, 915x542px
>>49911563
What is GW?

I tried google, and got George Washington.

I tried the catalog, and got Games Workshop.
>>
>>49911612
guild wars 2, I believe
>>
>>49911612
Guild Wars
>>
File: 1477178669173.jpg (366KB, 1485x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1477178669173.jpg
366KB, 1485x2048px
>>49911529
>>49911512
This is why you need PoW.

Now, you can have your Str-based Stalker that combines Steel Serpent, Iron Crane, and Broken Blade.

Pic related.
>>
File: 1476414728837.jpg (159KB, 1024x1428px) Image search: [Google]
1476414728837.jpg
159KB, 1024x1428px
How do I make firearms viable without introducing advanced firearms?
>>
>>49911878
Just say they're reskinned bows and crossbows that work in place of their counterparts.
>>
File: 1455254810516.png (169KB, 330x417px) Image search: [Google]
1455254810516.png
169KB, 330x417px
>Level 17, Mythic 7
>25 Point Buy
>Gestalt
>Path of War and Psionics allowed
>All bases already covered

What the fuck am I supposed to make with all these hot dogs.
>>
>>49911937
Literally whatever you want.
>>
>>49911937
Level 1 Commoner. Forgo all advancement. Challenge your party to keep you alive.
>>
>>49911937

Friendly reminder that Guardian+Invulnerable Rager+Adamantine full plate will give you an effect DR 21/epic
>>
File: 1476001164152.jpg (61KB, 900x454px) Image search: [Google]
1476001164152.jpg
61KB, 900x454px
>>49911905
Is this really the only way?
>>
>>49911937
That cool thing you wrote on a character sheet and then tucked away because nobody would ever let you play it? Do that.
>>
File: 1377704271144.png (145KB, 236x289px) Image search: [Google]
1377704271144.png
145KB, 236x289px
>>49911987

Guns do one category size more damage, increase their touch AC range to Advanced levels.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 188x268px
I am super new to D&D/PF an dI am making a lvl 1 bard; how did I do? Any things that are bad here?

>Human Bard
>STR 12, DEX 18 , CON 12, INT 8, WIS 8, CHA 16
>Items (150 gold limit and strict weight enforcement)
Shortbow, Studded leather, Arrows (40), Backpack, Musical instrument, Rations (2), Spell component ouch, sleeping bag.
>Skill ranks in Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (nature), Perform Comedy, Spellcraft, Use Magic Device
>Learned spells: 0 - Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand; 1 - Silent Illusion, Sleep
>Feats - Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot
>>
>>49911987
Soul knife emulate ranged weapons with exotic weapon proficiency and rapid reload.

You have a gun. You can throw away that gun if it becomes broken/damage/whatever from rolling a nat 1 and resummon it. It produces it's own ammunition.

That solves a lot of guns problems.
>>
File: 1476043023207.jpg (386KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1476043023207.jpg
386KB, 1920x1280px
>>49912006
Doesn't that make them strictly better though?
>>49912020
I don't think you understand, I want to balance guns for my game, not make a viable gun build.
>>
File: 1434451669495.jpg (117KB, 490x753px) Image search: [Google]
1434451669495.jpg
117KB, 490x753px
>>49912012
It looks good; although I'd probably just buy a kit instead of individual items.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/goods-and-services/tools-kits#TOC-Kit-Bard-s
You could probably drop strength to 10 to boost your int or wis to 10 instead.

What kind of stat generation did you use?
>>
>>49912039
>Doesn't that make them strictly better though?

They still need to reload.

What you need to do is make a loaded gun absolutely terrifying, and that's exactly what those changes do.
>>
>>49912047

20 point buy.
Can't use kits because the game is core book only.
>>
Is Scaled Fist actually good? Dragon Style in bonus feats seems neat.
>>
File: 1476149522035.jpg (51KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476149522035.jpg
51KB, 400x600px
>>49912054
So, crossbow reload, 1 higher damage die than bows, advanced firearm ranges?
Alright then, I think I'm going to go with 5% costs as well.
>>
>>49912100
Is that a real gun?
Did it come from the factory with the dinosaur engravings or did the guy have to special order them?
>>
File: Gee Bill.jpg (122KB, 636x556px) Image search: [Google]
Gee Bill.jpg
122KB, 636x556px
>>49912129
Yes. It was custom made.
>>
>>49912039
The problem with guns is that
A) They require exotic weapon proficiency
The Exotic Weapon Proficiency (firearms) feat allows you to use all firearms without penalty. A nonproficient character takes the standard –4 penalty on attack rolls with firearms, and a nonproficient character who loads a firearm increases all misfire values by 4 for the shots he loads.
B) Misfires
If the natural result of your attack roll falls within a firearm’s misfire value, that shot misses, even if you would have otherwise hit the target. When a firearm misfires, it gains the broken condition. While it has the broken condition, it suffers the normal disadvantages that broken weapons do, and its misfire value increases by 4 unless the wielder has gun training in the particular type of firearm (see Gunslinger). In that case, the misfire value increases by 2 instead of 4.
C) Reloading
Early firearms are muzzle-loaded, requiring bullets or pellets and black powder to be rammed down the muzzle. If an early firearm has multiple barrels, each barrel must be loaded separately. It is a standard action to load each barrel of a one-handed early firearm and a full-round action to load each barrel of a two-handed early firearm.

There is also Capacity to worry about, which affects your ability to make full round attacks.
D) Costs
You can take a look at weapons yourself, but typically you're looking at at least 1000gp+ for your actual weapon. For reference, a musket costs 1500gp and a pistol is half that. Ammo is a big cost as well. A single shot is 1gp, unless you want to reduce the reload time by one step, in which case it's 12gp per shot (Which using these also increases your misfire by 1). These aren't special bullets, these are just regular shots.

This is all above and beyond any other problems ranged weapons may or may not have, so keep that in mind. Solve these issues and you can fix firearms. (1/2)
>>
>>49912152
This one doesn't have a T-rex engraved on the receiver and so is not nearly as cool.
>>
>>49911976
"I dont want to be a demigod, I want to be a demigods baker - when bad shit happens I'll just throw stale muffins at it!"
>>
Here's what I'm doing to guns

1. Martial weapons
2. Don't hit touch AC anymore, but ignore the armor bonus to AC from non-magical armor
3. Automatically get dex-to-damage
4. Have a required strength rating to fire effectively.
5. Reload speeds and capacities are completely reworked. Revolvers reload as free but a 15 round capacity rifle is a swift action reload, shit like that.

note these are for an old west setting.
>>
>>49912070
Kits are all (Or mostly) CRB anyways, so you can use that as a buying guide.

A stat roll of 10s across the board, with 16 in your dex and charisma (With the +2 human bonus on either of those) would probably serve you better. You're not using strength for much and you could use this to offset the -1 penalty you're taking to your will, as well as 1 less skill rank per level.

Other than that, looks good. Good luck friend! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
>>
How would you build a Medium (Spirit Dancer)
>>
File: 1374931724186.jpg (110KB, 748x720px) Image search: [Google]
1374931724186.jpg
110KB, 748x720px
>>49912235
>>49911976

>Level 17 Mythic 7 Artisan
>>
>>49912262

What if I find a composite shortbow (+1)? Wouldn't then the strength me more useful than WIS/INT?
>>
File: 1476117884356.jpg (45KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
1476117884356.jpg
45KB, 564x423px
>>49912217
I'm making them martial weapons
I'm getting rid of misfires and instead making them use my normal crit fail rules
I don't know what to do about reloading/capacity, maybe reduce reloads by one step
5% cost for guns and ammo, alchemical cartridges don't increase misfire chance (it doesn't even exist)
>>49912220
dinosurs r gey
>>
>>49912272
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/18513dKdB74fbtloy7cKgCtJkHEsTrAa3SsS56LguMqQ/edit
>>
>>49912272

I'd start with a Small (Spirit Dancer), then adjust for the size modifier.
>>
>>49912293
No, because the fact that you're attacking is what makes the damage relevant. Do you have the standard archery feats of Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, and Manyshot?
>>
>>49912217
2/2
Arranging fixes in order, I'd go with:
1) Cost
Costs are so prohibitly expensive that this is what I'd change first. 1 or 12gp a shot is simply too much.
2) Reload time
For muskets, you get one shot, then the next turn you're spending time reloading. A paper cartridge reduces the step from a full round to a standard, and rapid reload would move this down to a move action. Bumping this down one step and allowing players to default to paper cartridges would mean that players could actually full round attack with a gun.
C) Misfires and EWP
These aren't really that much of a big deal. Misfires can be annoying if you don't have a way to fix them, but any gunslinger should be able to maintain their own weapon. EWP makes sense when you're targeting touch over regular AC
>>
>>49912279

Them's going to be some kickass muffins.
>>
>>49912308

I have Point-Blank Shot and Rapid shot. How does WILL/INT interact with me doing more damage? Do you mean because with -1 in WIS I am more likely to fail Will saves?
>>
>>49912293
That'll only be a +1 to damage. Comparatively, losing 1 skill rank per level is more painful.
>>
>>49912054
>>49911878
I actually stole some rules from a 3e sourcebook- Contained some rather nice, well researched gun rules. Coppied them to a google doc to do some editing and updating, but they'll work rather well. Lack some information, because I am not copying the entire book, but it works well. Lack their Musketeer class, but works well enough.

Here's a link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HOSwd5aKynI0SCz3Nb-VPDGjG9CVL4r2VpGnXJ8Y9To/edit?usp=sharing

TL;DR: Long reload times, reasonable cost, use escalating tiers of weapons as history dictates. Make them Martial or Simple weapons. Skip Touch AC to damage unless you want them to dominate.

Should you wish to make them more practical on larger scales, have a +1 enchantment that states that it shares it's enhancement bonus with any sword your wielding.

Encourages early-combat firing, or using them as backup weapons.
>>
>>49912357
I'm a different person. Anyway, no, having more skills and being less likely to be ambushed/die horribly to mind control and fear/lockdown spells is more useful than increasing your damage with bows from 1-8 to 2-9. The fact that you've got 1-8 to begin with is already plenty, nevermind the cost of that particular bow upgrade.
>>
>>49912405
>>49912360

Thanks you for explaining that. What would you recommend upping WIS or INT?
>>
File: 2592436.gif (2MB, 400x287px) Image search: [Google]
2592436.gif
2MB, 400x287px
>>49912279

>Near-cap Mythic Artisan

Pic related?
>>
File: why not both.png (11KB, 384x353px) Image search: [Google]
why not both.png
11KB, 384x353px
>>49912434
why not both?
>>
I find myself utterly changing the direction of the Navaros stuff I was writing

I'm going to call it a primer now, and write it similarly to writing a players guide for an AP, complete with introducing a bunch of new rules, new feats, new class shit, and even some traits

Maybe I'll actually write an old west AP that would be fun this is a better direction i think for sure
>>
>>49912254
It's shit. Guns should require less strength than bows, not more. And non-free action reloads are cancerous to being useful.
>>
>>49911312
>500lbs

It's the size of a fucking train wagon.
>>
>>49912391
>TL;DR: Long reload times
TL;DR they're shite.
>>
>>49911905
>crossbows
I take it that's reserved for blunderbuss with the broken condition?

Because crossbow stats are shit.
>>
File: tumblr_ncq4mxbl0R1sodo64o1_400.gif (2MB, 265x323px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncq4mxbl0R1sodo64o1_400.gif
2MB, 265x323px
>>49912497

Sounds good. Do keep us abreast.
>>
>>49912502
>less strength

Yes, which is why you only need 12 strength to use a rifle effectively

>Non-free action reloads cancerous to being useful

15 round capacity means it doesn't matter until late game, its more to keep it as something in the player's minds

Having guns and not having reloading is.. Cancerous.
>>
File: 1437663956062.jpg (56KB, 762x388px) Image search: [Google]
1437663956062.jpg
56KB, 762x388px
>>49912100
one higher damage die than bows is what they did to crossbows while pretending it was lube.

it wasn't lube.

it wasn't lube at all.
>>
>>49912544
I'm more just looking at the way I want to introduce this stuff and the way I think it should be and I find the idea of laying out an entire world to be... Boring. Unintersting. I'd rather have people explore and learn about a world through adventures and the like rather than just having a big book plopped on their lap and going SUP THIS IS IT LATER.
>>
>>49912566
>it wasn't lube.
>it wasn't lube at all.
Wait, what?
>>
File: 1416242459585.png (249KB, 430x696px) Image search: [Google]
1416242459585.png
249KB, 430x696px
>>49912497
If you're not feeling very confident, start small with the AP.

When was the last time you ran a game? You might have to playtest a few concepts at a time instead of throwing them all in at once.
>>
>>49912549
>Yes, which is why you only need 12 strength to use a rifle effectively
Just cut the requirement, it's entirely unnecessary.
>>
>>49912594
I'm literally running one right now :P

>>49912605
Its not. Its to prevent utter dumping of strength as a stat.
>>
So our GM wants to run an experiment, play without magic items but with Mythic tiers to see if that can compensate. How wrong is he?
>>
>>49912617
I mean its retarded because one mythic ability is literally about making the dankest of magic items
>>
>>49912612
>Its not. Its to prevent utter dumping of strength as a stat.
Which is, like I said, an entirely unnecessary concern.
>>
>>49912295
The things about reloading, so you understand (and you need to understand rules before trying to change rules, buddy)

1) Reloading is a separate act that provokes attacks of opportunity. A character that reloads his gun and then fires his gun triggers attacks of opportunity two different times from that guy 30ft away with the sword, because 30ft away is easily inside melee range by lategame.

2) Bows don't need to reload. Bows not only don't have a reloading action (somehow pulling out, nocking and drawing an arrow before you can aim any shot other than "10ft away with now draw weight through a paper plate like in those videos" is not an action at all somehow) AND get manyshot AND get a stat to damage. Neither crossbows nor firearms get to do this, so they're heavily heavily behind not only in feats but in power even after those feats.

3) reloading breaks your full attack apart if you need to do it as anything bigger than a free action. Bows don't need to reload, but if you need to use a swift twice in a round just to get three attacks you're fucked.

Finally, firearms despite their massive drawbacks have costs tens to hundreds of times that of a bow, and their bullets can be sixty to hundreds of arrows in cost per shot as well.
>>
>>49912549
Having magic and not having magic to obviate reloading is... cancerous.
>>
File: Alt.jpg (436KB, 897x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Alt.jpg
436KB, 897x1300px
>>49912436
more like this
>>
File: PC sells used item in D&D.png (369KB, 870x1236px) Image search: [Google]
PC sells used item in D&D.png
369KB, 870x1236px
>>49912617
I do not recommend wasting a session with this experiment.
>>
File: 1476138405831.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476138405831.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
>>49912666
xd
>>
>>49912587
"one higher damage die than bows" is exactly what they gave crossbows to make their giant list of drawbacks compared to bows "fair".

In other words, they raped them up the ass and pretended they were using lube.
>>
>>49912630
its really not. Preventing strength from becoming even more useless as a stat is actually kinda smart
>>
>>49912617
>>49912666

Just use Automatic Bonus Progression!
>>
File: 190-191.jpg (1MB, 1475x2141px) Image search: [Google]
190-191.jpg
1MB, 1475x2141px
>>49912587
When you go on paizo forums you'll see multiple retards - some of them developers of the game - trying to convince you that crossbows are more damaging and dangerous because they do more damage on average if you completely and utterly dumped strength AND bought a composite bow despite doing so. Since this is what all wizards do, the crossbow is also far more accurate, because the wizard takes -4 to hit with the bow due to lack of proficiency because the crossbow is a simple weapon you see.

Pic related
>>
>>49912709

Why is that nun so nonplussed at the young man ramming himself into the wall.
>>
What's the closest race to Kalashtar in PF? we're translating our chars from 3.5 and tashalatorra monk/psywar is already done (Meditant Psychic Warrior) though I still need help to translate superior unarmed combat, improved natural strike, decisive strike feature, karmic strike and double hit.
>>
>>49912682
>its really not. Preventing strength from becoming even more useless as a stat is actually kinda smart
Except strength isn't a useless stat.
>>
>>49912720
Her eyes look fucking dead to me.
>>
File: BaitHook.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
BaitHook.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>49912729
>Except strength isn't a useless stat.
>>
>>49912738
She looks like she's in public service so it's apt.
>>
Guys, Laori Vaus is my favorite NPC.

Not only because she's just far different than most NPCs I get to play as, but also because in a fight last night, she turned an entire corridor full of Emperor's thugs into salsa with a Blade Barrier spell.

Which, of course, the Dwarf had to duck under and stay there until the fight was over because she forgot to dismiss it.
>>
>>49912738

Exactly! She just looks so bored at the thing.
>>
File: tumblr_ni4vjwZRwa1tqkqd8o1_500.png (101KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ni4vjwZRwa1tqkqd8o1_500.png
101KB, 500x400px
>>49912748
Yes, there are builds where strength is unnecessary. Shockingly there are a lot of builds where a lot of different stats are unnecessary.
>>
>>49912502
>>49912523
The reload time is compensated by their reletively high damage, and relative cheapness to bows. (120 gp for 2d6 damage vs 600 gp, str investment for 1d8+5).
In addition, should you want free-action reloads, use percussion cap weapons and make a (Whatever skill you tie to hasting reload) check. DC 25, I think, to fire a percussion cap weapon as a move action. Free action with quick reload.

Tie it to a Dex-based skill, make them martial weapons, and you don't have to worry about falling behind damage.

Alternatively, just carry three guns. Ammo isn't that expensive (About as expensive as arrows), the weapons are fairly easy to fire, and all you really lose is +5, which you can replicate by asking your wizard to cast Greater Magic weapon on your guns at higher level.

In the book I stole the rules from, the big thing about guns back then was that they were deadly, but took forever to reload. The big things about them were that they got quicker to reload- Hence the addition of skill checks to reload quicker, and a fuckton more damage per shot than bows.
>>
>>49912729
It will be in a setting with dex to damage everywhere and most armor sucking because >IGNORES ARMOR

>>49912764
is that literally 'any build but 2h weapon'
>>
>>49912721
Noral

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/races/noral
>>
>>49912782
>Armor is completely worthless for the first few levels
Sounds like that's a problem with the shitty gun rules you're proposing.
>>
>>49912782
>It will be in a setting with dex to damage everywhere and most armor sucking because >IGNORES ARMOR
So really guns are fine as-is is what you're saying.
>>
>>49912774
2-12 damage, average 7, vs 6-13 damage, average 9.5

By level 6 the difference doubles

With manyshot the difference increases again even if the rifle took rapid shot

The bow can ALSO have greater magic weapon on it.

The difference just keeps compounding and compounding...
>>
>>49912803
>guns fine as is

No, they're clearly not

>>49912799
How else do your propose mashing together the simulationist and game elements.
>>
>>49912813
>How else do your propose mashing together the simulationist and game elements.
Say fuck it and just have guns be refluffed bows.
>>
>>49912279
>his ascension came when he tried to make an item and for a moment it seemed to fail... until suddenly it *didn't*, and everyone knew he ascended.

Almost like the disney hercules ascension.
>>
File: 1377024292039.jpg (17KB, 183x226px) Image search: [Google]
1377024292039.jpg
17KB, 183x226px
>>49912813
>>49912799

What if armor provides DR proportional to their AC.
>>
>>49912840
Man, that's even worse. Unless it still provides the AC, in which case that could work out maybe?
>>
>>49912840
then it would have a far wider impact than just the gun rules which would require a bit more work.
>>
>>49912845
>Unless it still provides the AC, in which case that could work out maybe?

Yup, that's what I was thinking! Full Plate provides DR 9 *and* +9 AC.
>>
>>49912869
Which would require very different base standards for the rest of the game. A chain shirt providing 4 ac would, more often than not, take no damage from a d6 weapon, and like 1.25 damage per attack from a d8. Disregarding additional damage modifiers, of course.
>>
>>49912869
can a level 1 character even harm someone in full plate then
>>
>>49912826
shhh no
>>
>>49912948
If they had decent strength and were 2 handing with Power Attack, then fuck yeah.
>>49912869
I was thinking about doing something similar.
>>
>>49912948
Well full plate is above npc wbl for level 1, but they could with a high strength score and a large damage dice weapon.
>>
>>49912893
Damage dice don't matter too much anyway.
>>
>>49912948
If I have 18 STR and a greatsword I deal 2d6+6 damage.That bypasses DR 9 most of the time
If I have 20 STR and power attack then I can deal 2d6+9
>>
>>49912948
>mages
>>
>>49912971
>If they had decent strength and were 2 handing with Power Attack, then fuck yeah.
Not with power attack, they would only be attacking with their strength modifier bonus (up to +5) against around 19 AC. They would hit around 35% of the time, and even then they'd still have to roll well to damage them.

>>49912980
The difference between a d8 and 2d6 helps when the d8 will never break through the armor DR by itself.
>>
>>49912948

A level 1 character is basically a peasant.

Should a peasant stand a solid chance against a knight?
>>
>>49912971
>>49912978
So only the already non useless martials, while rogues and monks are dead before arrival, nice
>>
>>49912808
Or TWF with pistols. Because that's the damage of the heavy flintlock pistol.
Buy two pistols. Maybe three, with TWF. It's only 240 for two.

A percussion cap musket deals 2d10 damage, at 250. Which, I admit, still isn't that great. But if you can make a DC 25 skill check, and take quick reload, you effectively have a 2d10 bow.

Though, admittedly, the gun rules are not designed for guns to be the primary weapon of most people - They are mostly intended to serve as sidearms, as they historically did. Fire them until the enemy enters into melee range, then stab them with your bayonet or saber. Fire them at the start of battle, then bring out the sword to plunder their holds. Hence their reletively high damage.
>>
>>49913003
>a lvl 1 character is a peasant
No, a commoner is a peasant, a 1st level character is an adventurer with already some experience, also there're 1st level cavaliers
>>
>>49913041

>1st level Cavaliers
>They ain't got no squire or full plate

How can you call that a knight?
>>
>>49912996
>Not with power attack,
Why not. A human barbarian using power attack a furious focus can have like a +7 to attack and deal 2d6+11 damage.
>>
>>49913030
>as they historically did
Fuck that noise. I want to play a gun user, why am I being tied down to "history" when McLeod over there is shitting lightning from his arse and lasers from his eyes.
>>
>>49912893
And all the magic works 100% anyways.

which will mean even blaster wizards are a better idea than a martial then.
>>
>>49913065
THE TRUE ESSENCE OF A KNIGHT IS IN HIS SPIRIT, AND THAT OF CHIVALRY.
>>
>>49913067
And only humans (and other races that get an additional feat.)

If your system says "Don't bother playing a non-human if you're starting at level 1" then your system isn't good.
>>
>>49913089
thank you
>>
>>49913078

That sounds like something a filthy git on a horse would say to get a pretty girl to give 'em a tumble, there are rules to being a knight and they are;

>Squire
>Armor
>Horse
>Knighting
>>
>>49913013
Shouldn't have been a dex monky.

Besides rogues can wear light armor.
>>49913089
>MUH FLUFFY TALE BULLSHIT! I WANNA BE AN ELF MAN WAAAAH
First of all your aren't fucking fighting fuckers in fullplate all the time from level fucking 1. If you are then it's probably a boss fight and going to be a tough encounter anyway.
>>
>>49912721
Desist, you'll never do as much damage as before neither will be able to replicate karmic strike
>>
Speaking of cavalier, how do you make it less shit again?
>>
>>49913116
Ok cool so you have nothing useful to add got it.
>>
>>49913089
I thought level 1 play was cancer regardless.
>>
>>49913116
Even if you're the strongest monk out there you'll deal 1d6+5, and that, on average deals 0 to a dude with plate
>>
>>49913127
It is, but there's no reason to make it even worse.
>>
>>49913124
Neither do you
>HURR ONE BUILD HAS AN ADVANTAGE OVER ME AT LEVEL 1 WHICH ISN'T EVEN A GOOD REFLECTION OF PLAY ANYWAY

>THIS MEANS I HAVE TO PLAY IT AND NOTHING ELSE
>>
>>49913134
66% of the time you'll deal 0 damage, 16% of the time you'll deal 1 damage, 16% of the time you'll deal 2 damage. You're a gosh darned martial arts master!
>>
File: Alpaca Knight.jpg (230KB, 600x764px) Image search: [Google]
Alpaca Knight.jpg
230KB, 600x764px
>>49913123
What do you want that the Cavalier normally provides?
>>
>>49913150
A darned cute alpaca.
>>
>>49913134
That sounds about right for a newbie monk
>>49913135
And how often to you encounter enemies wearing fullplate at level fucking one?
>>
>>49912869
Wait, make the number value also a penalty to your CMD. At level 1 you SHOULDN'T do much against full plate easily, so instead you trip a bitch and hit him while he's prone.
>>
>>49913144
> You're a gosh darned martial arts master!
At level 1 your not. You're still fresh outta the monastery young grasshopper.
>>
>>49913170
At any level you aren't, you're a monk. Though, of course it's quite easy to build level 1 characters that surpass human limits.
>>
>>49913150
The pet, the mark, the sight-range buffs.
>>
>>49913189
That's less the intention of the designers and more Paizo having no sense of scale/human effort.

3.X was never meant to accurately simulate human ability. Even a base level commoner can out do most humans in terms of endurance.
>>
>>49913208
So you're saying the failings of the base system are at fault? Well golly, that's one of the arguments that his house rule is poorly thought out.
>>
>>49913144
So powerful, it'd take me 10 turns to kill a dude with one hit die and positive Con, and he'll finish me in like 1 and a half, so great, truly the boost monks needed
>>
File: druid mount archetype.jpg (104KB, 560x550px) Image search: [Google]
druid mount archetype.jpg
104KB, 560x550px
>>49913191
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/martial-class-templates/hussar-template

Hussar (Warder) that uses a lot of Golden Lion maneuvers.
>>
>>49912254
Honestly fuck all the gun shit about blasting through armor and shit, remove that, its shitty design for the game

Just let them do dex to damage and they'll be competitive with bows. Let people wear heavy armor if they want.
>>
File: 1441284128295.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1441284128295.gif
3MB, 480x270px
I hope everyone's games this weekend are going well?
>>
>>49913160
>Wait, make the number value also a penalty to your CMD.
Congratulations you made armor even more fucking worthless despite buffing it.

Seriously level 1 monks and level 1 rogues shouldn't be doing massive fucking damage to guys in fullplate with punches and shiv.
>>
>>49913239
>Seriously level 1 monks and level 1 rogues shouldn't be doing massive fucking damage to guys in fullplate with punches and shiv.
Then you need to recreate the entire AC system of the game.
>>
>>49913250
>Then you need to recreate the entire AC system of the game.
No you don't.
>>
>>49913239
And with the normal rules they already aren't and will never do, even if you're unchained monk or unchained rogue. With these stupid homerules you basically killed them on arrival
>>
>>49913239
CMD explodes at later levels so it only matters for the first few. Only melee-range characters with decent CMBs will be taking advantage of this, and only against idiots using heavier armor than they should be for their level and ab scores. Making it a 1/2 penalty may work out better numerically though.
>>
>>49913069
I mean, it's not too difficult to make a dedicated gun user, even without the gunslinger.
You can go either the TWF carry many pistol route, or the percussion cap musket with a feat and a skill check.
Maybe take another feat, Combat reload, to reload without provoking AoO. Bam, solid gun user.

As for relying on history? More internal consistency, and can help keep balance in mind by noting flaws in their use. Also, most notably, they make folks not entirely balk when they see firearms and think "Oh look, anachronistic bullshit ruining my fantasy setting, fuck that, now I'm out of focus."
>>
>>49913273
>many pistol
Are you billionaire?
>>
>>49913250
>66% of the time you'll deal 0 damage, 16% of the time you'll deal 1 damage, 16% of the time you'll deal 2 damage
This sounds pretty reasonable to me. Just because it fucks with your power fantasy doesn't mean it's bad.
>With these stupid homerules you basically killed them on arrival
>I'm ineffective against an uncommon enemy type
>this means I'm dead on arribal
>>
>>49913273
>You can go either the TWF carry many pistol route
I shouldn't need to buy and enchant up to 7 different pistols for a full attack for one round at higher levels.
>>
>>49913271
>Only melee-range characters with decent CMBs will be taking advantage of this
So literally anything that should be in melee, especially monster that even get more bullshit CMD?
>>
>>49913300
They're shit even against medium armors with these rules, retard
>>
>>49913300
>Just because it fucks with your power fantasy doesn't mean it's bad.
You're playing the wrong game, hombre.
>>
He's clearly baiting, stop replying.
>>
>>49913334
But anon, he's WRONG on the INTERNET, I have to reply!
>>
>>49913334
But I'm bored and we're past the post limit anyways.
>>
>>49913317
Again, you're not going to peeling through armor like a fucking can oponer with a Shiv at level fucking 1. At worst you'll be fighting
>a few shit can goblins in light armor
>a few shit can wolves/dogs
>at WORST an Orc boss with some medium armor.
>>
>>49913334
How am I baiting?
>>
>>49913334
I actually can't tell which side you're talking about.
>>49913313
>So literally anything that should be in melee
Wait are you saying it's a bad thing that martials would be encouraged to do things other than full attack? And don't worry, by level 20 average monster CMD is 55.
>especially monster that even get more bullshit CMD?
What are you even saying?
>>
>>49913349
None of which can breach all that DR at level 1.
>>
>>49913364
>Wait are you saying it's a bad thing that martials would be encouraged to do things other than full attack? And don't worry, by level 20 average monster CMD is 55.
But this doesn't give martials any other options, it just penalizes them for trying to be useful.
>>
>>49913364
>especially monster that even get more bullshit CMD?
I meant to to type CMB
>Wait are you saying it's a bad thing that martials would be encouraged to do things other than full attack?
Nah, I'm fine with that. I like Path of War and shit. But baseline combat maneuvers in PF are fucking funky as hell.
>>
>>49913368
The Orc could easily get some damage past DR/6 or 7(the highest your getting at level 1).

Goblin would have trouble getting past DR/ fucking 4.

Wolves and shit can trip.

Sounds like a fine way of making level 1 less deadly to me.
>>
How would you translate de healer class from 3.5?
>>
>>49913407
Why would you want to.
>>
>>49913364
>I actually can't tell which side you're talking about.
Anyone who suggests that PF sessions and rules shouldn't be about wanking the player off 100% of time is clearly some grognard killer GM retard who really wants to play peasants and shit farming.
>>
>>49913408

Healstuff
>>
>>49913408
Translating characters
>>
>>49913423
Why would you play a healer my dude?
>>
>>49913420
The healer was a worse healer than the cleric.
>>
>>49913426
Not me, another player was playing a healer, and he knows jack shit about PF. I'm not even in the game, but he came to me with this question, I suggested oracle bit doesn't look much like healer
>>
>>49913452
Tell him to play a cleric with that archetype that gives up martial shit for some minor bonuses. I forgot what it was called.
>>
>>49913460

Cardinal?
>>
>>49913465
Blue jay, actually.
>>
>>49913472
Lel
>>49913465
Either that or cloistered but that's pretty shitty and actively makes your character worse.
>>
>>49913460
Main problem is the Gynosphinx
>>
>>49913493
Worse from motherfucking CLERIC.
>>
>>49913493
>Either that or cloistered but that's pretty shitty and actively makes your character worse.
That sounds like the cardinal cleric to me too.
>>
File: .838x0_q80.jpg (65KB, 838x772px) Image search: [Google]
.838x0_q80.jpg
65KB, 838x772px
>>49913238

GM's feeling poorly, so it's being pushed back to tomorrow, hopefully give him the time to convalesce.
>>
>>49913297
It's 120 go a pop. Not an arm and a leg.

>>49913308
Tough yeah, enchanting then is too expensive. Darn. I suppose you win thr debate here as to DPs. My apologies- I just find them better than paizos, and tend to get defensive.
>>
>>49913506
I mean yeah, but it's the principle of the matter sometimes.
>>
File: seems fine.jpg (65KB, 816x1056px) Image search: [Google]
seems fine.jpg
65KB, 816x1056px
>>49913381
>I meant to to type CMB
I think I understand now. You're worried that monsters will fuck up the martials even more despite the DR increase. Here's a chart showing how little a penalty of 1/2 base armor value in CMD penalty effects players in the long run. The average monsters end up with about an effective 10% bonus to their CMBs, in exchange for the DR. If the DR scales with magic bonuses but penalty, you'll end up with 14 DR by level 20 for this tradeoff. Obviously the larger effective increases at lower levels will encourage armor progression over full plate out the door, but remember that most of your enemies are either too stupid or too ineffectual to even try a combat maneuver against a player.
>>
hey this may not be the place to ask this but does anyone have more of the pathfinder comics that were being dumped a while ago? They are good reading materials to get familiar with the setting and some of the modules plus they were pretty okay and would like to read more of them.
>>
>>49913452
Oracle of life. At 1st, 3rd and 7th levels, it gets abilities related to healing. It automatically knows every cure spell it could cast, on top of its normal cleric spells known (such as breath of life and heal).
>>
>>49913452
>>49913546
To expand: it doesn't look like Healer, but it is good as a class that only heals.
>>
>>49913538
>4 is 75% of 1.4
Well I fucked up the percentages, but the numbers can still be compared by eye.
>>
>>49913515

I hate it when that happens, you know the DM should be at their best to run a session but having constant delays just deflates the hype you build in all the wrong ways.

I'm waiting for a few sessions that are in that rut, and one's been pushed back until early November.
>>
New Thread:

>>49913569
>>49913569
>>49913569
>>49913569
Thread posts: 430
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.