[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kingdom or Republic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 10

You're going to be father to a country in your setting.

How would you structure the government? What would your title be?

Is it rule of law? A divine mandate? Government by the people, for the people?

Universal suffrage? Service guarantees citizenship?

How would /tg/ build a government?
>>
>>49892966
Magical Sword enchanted to judge the perfect king for the job.

Stick it in a stone.

Perfect Governance every time.
>>
>>49892966
All I'm saying is I'd get my dick all up in that girl's tatership.
>>
>>49893012
How does the sword determine perfection in a King?

Didn't Arthur turn out to be kind of shit?
>>
>>49892966
Just going to go ahead and say I prefer the left.

I'd had an autocracy (military dictatorship), supreme dictator at the top, a handful of trusted/qualified sub dictators and boards of experts in various important fields who work in groups to provide the dictators with information to assist in better decision making. The average person wouldn't be allowed to make requests or ideas for the management of the nation as the average person has no fucking idea what's best for the country the citizen would also have be over 30 as again most people have no fucking idea what's good for their nation.

Government is still for the people but there's no voting and scientists and experts pass ideas on to dictators who make judgments, if the dictators don't agree the supreme dictator always has the final say.

Succession is determined by who the supreme dictator believes to be the best qualified for the job in terms of education and character.

Law and enforcement would be handled with short sharp sentences of forced labour and floggings for minor crimes, the highlight of the prisoners day will be being let out to do physical labour as prison will be so unpleasant that it's far better by comparison. No sadism or cruelty involved it's merely the punishment, no one should enjoy it, but the prisoners should definitely have a hard time of it. For medium crimes prisoners will go to harsh correctional facilities and be given a final warning. For serious crimes, death penalty or exile. You are not fit to live in this society.

If you commit crimes, until you have served your punishment you are regarded as "outlaw" and you do not have rights as a person, you chose to break they law so you will not benefit from it's protection.

Religion will be removed, individual expression would still be encouraged as it is important to let people develop their own personal skill and ideas as they may one day be useful to the nation

to be cont
>>
>>49893285

Education of any level would be entirely free and encouraged. It is important that people are educated from the moment they are able to retain information and would e encouraged to remain in education until the age of 20.

Military service would be 3 years mandatory, to instill discipline and work ethic and get citizens to better understand the world of their superiors.

The government would be completely transparent and political goings on and motives would be entirely public so that all may know why the government is doing what it is.

Honesty, honour and altruism are admirable traits of the highest degree. People must look out for each other, divide the labour and support each other always. Together we are strong.

There would be no such thing as money. Citizens would merely have to put in work hours and perform tasks to receive food and utilities. For anything more than the basics points need to be earned by working especially hard or performing tasks that are somewhat similar to MMORPG's "Daily Quests/Challenges" or extended service in the military or government. Again, money is not allowed to exist and the barter of these special point is strictly prohibited.

to be cont
>>
>>49892966
I choose the left one.

She fucked up on the right.

Also in answer to your question: >implying
>>
>>49893373
>Military service would be 3 years mandatory, to instill discipline and work ethic and get citizens to better understand the world of their superiors.
>The government would be completely transparent and political goings on and motives would be entirely public so that all may know why the government is doing what it is.
Sorry these two are not compatible.
>>
>>49893285
>Religion will be removed
Wow, fedora tipping on the fourth post. Brava, /tg/.
>>
>>49893373

Free health care with a focus on healing issues at the root rather than chucking pills at patients and keeping them ill and suffering for a longer time to make more money. Money doesn't exist.

Citizens are valued highly. If they are every injured they will be treated to heal them as best as possible. Same goes for mental health if they experience issues here they will be supported by their peers and the health system.

Healthy eating would be promoted and the raising of children would be a more communal thing, trust and cooperation is key and healthy.

AND

Last but not least.

Your average citizens WILL be allowed to make requests for entertainment facilities.

Special infrastructure, schools, art teachers, government expert made TTRPG systems, sports event, athletics championships would all be provided by the government.

Everyone should have a hobby, get time off work and be able to enjoy themselves doing what they like.

So long as that isn't against the law or a detriment to society.
>>
>>49893418
How so?
>>
>>49893443
>>49893373
>>49893285

Holy shit, calm down Lycurgus

t. Cleisthenes
>>
ffs lads, this girl looks like my ex who I just wasn't interested in at all, in hindsight she was fantastic and I shouldn't have let her go. Sod you bastards for bringing up feels this late.

I'd probably get to work building a huge wall of china type defence across my borders with hostile nations and no mans land because I'd rather not have my people forced into slavery or used as fuel or whatever fucked up stuff some of the guys I wrote up do.

Think North Korea in the sense that it's closed off but if North Korea wasn't bad, I'd try and get education, food, democracy (once I'm done setting it up) etc.

Chances are they're fucked though, there's not really much free land left in my setting and the stuff that is left is uninhabited for good reason. Their only hope would be getting some powerful allies and trying to stop slaver raids and spooky supernatural stuff attacking them.
>>
File: 1394654288344.gif (2MB, 390x158px) Image search: [Google]
1394654288344.gif
2MB, 390x158px
>>49892966
Totalitarian.

How I want it to be at that time of day. (enter any title of authority here)-sama~.

Law. My word is divine and therefore so is the law. Government for the people, to guide the people.

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHA. 20 years military service for citizenship, and for those that die in the glorious name in the empire they shall be posthumously given the status of citizenship.
>>
>>49892966
I'm a total moralfag so I'm going for a Republic. The reason is simple: even if my son is a talented ruler, who guarantees that my grandson will be? The only one I would be serving with a kingdom is my family. To serve the common good, it's of interest that the ruler is the one most suited to the job, not the one pushed out of the most privileged vagina.

>Title
Consul. Because I'm a huge Romaboo and huge Ouiaboo. Consul Napoleon best Napoleon. An empire is fine too. Royalists are 0/10 wouldn't even guillotine

>Government by the people, for the people
Sort of. We'd have to protect ourselves against mob rule though, so we need to separate between the "volonté général" and the mere sum of all wills.

>Suffrage
I'd go for what I like to call "conditional suffrage". You're provided rights in exchange for duties. The lowest right (like that to life, property etc.) are guaranteed purely by virtue of being a good citizen (ie. don't be a dick, dick) but the higher rights (the right to be politically represented, the right to politically represent) are tied to the defense of the republic that guarantees those rights. This means conscription, with an opt-out clause on the condition of removing yourself from any kind of political participation. Ideally this would lead to a non-full retard version of the Swiss situation: where suffrage is guaranteed for men, but men are also forced to be conscripted. Women can choose whether to be safe or to be full citizens. Immigrants who want to become voting citizens would have to serve in an equivalent of the French Foreign Legion. This should ideally instill a sense of loyalty to the republic (which doesn't so much refer to the regime in charge as much to the literal res publica).

Other than that, my rule would mostly be clasically liberal, with the exception of state funded education (for the sake of social mobility. See my first point).
>>
>>49893418
They are, reason is given in the first line you quoted.

>>49893436
Sorry for having an idea for a fantasy setting that bothers your sensitivities anon.
>>
>>49893468
Maybe it's not too late? Try giving her a call.
>>
>>49893466
I really need to read up on some of the greek philosophers, I keep getting compared to a couple of them.

Thanks for naming this guy I'll read up on what he's about.
>>
>>49893575
It is, she's going out with an old friend of mine now and I'm only noticing how good it was now that I had to deal with another relationship with just your average girl. I think I'm just gonna go hit clubs with friends for a while or something.
Sorry for clogging up the thread but I just want to get it off my chest, thanks for caring though anon.
>>
>>49892966
Left is so much cuter. Dat sex hair.

Anyway, to answer your question: Constitutional Monarchy. The monarch keeps parliament in check, with parliament being voted for by those who are either:

a) Male landowners with property/business etc worth a certain amount
b) Soldiers who have served at least ten years.
c) Heads of noble houses
d) Heads of temples

Monarch acts a a figurehead and symbolic leader; parliament handles day-to-day legislation.
>>
>>49893459
>>49893553
Transparency and military service would prevent discipline. Sorry.
>>
>>49893211
The moral of the story was rather around "don't be a hardass, or it might backfire spectacularly when you suddenly have to judgle your own kin"
>>
>>49892966
The emeror rules with the mandate of heaven.
That's all such uneducated peasant like you need to know.
>>
/thread
>>
>>49893672
You are not Robert Anson Heinlein, you don't even have a real argument to deal with that.

The flaw of his government isn't the extremely long mandatory army service, but the fact he has nothing to actually deal with the fact it might be a unnationalistic Slav shithole.

Transparent politics by itself is just a meme, unless the entire ruling class is well behaved, its literally just a meme.
It still solves that if somebody doesn't behave, there generally is nobody there to throw them out, and then everything is ruined.
Think of like Rome: "Today our glorious emperor talked to the senate, did some bribes, and participated in orgies"
>>
>>49892966
The country is ruled by a king who never dies. He never dies because he is actually a council of ten rich and powerful people who take turns donning a gaudy oversized ritual costume and mask. The king is revered as a supernatural being and the general populace, even most of the government, must be kept unaware that it is actually several people. Only a few extremely close retainers will know (largely, the people who are also king from time to time).

There are a few rules however:
>First, the "king" shall never leave his throne room and at any hour of the day or night he shall be available to sit on his throne and create the will of the nation.
>Second, the king shall never speak except in whispers to his retainers. His retainers listen to his words, and then speak them to any audiences. Likewise, the king shall never write directly, but his retainers will write his dictations.
>Third, no more than three of the retainers may be in the king's presence at any time and the number should usually be two except when a third arrives to take the place of another. This helps remove suspicion because all the retainers never appear together at the same time.
>Fourth, what befalls one must befall another. If a retainer is convicted of a crime and imprisoned then another random retainer must join him in prison for the duration. If a retainer dies of anything but ritual suicide then another random retainer must commit ritual suicide. The importance of this function is on its randomness and the retainer to be afflicted will be chosen publicly under great scrutiny.

The religion of the country states that when the king dies (which would happen if all the retainers were killed/committed suicide/put in jail) the country is officially over. The church will instruct people to burn every building and structure, salt the land, and leave.
>>
>>49893672

"The practice of training people to obey rules or a code of behaviour, using punishment to correct disobedience."

I don't see how given reason behind such stricture effects it's ability to instill discipline in any way, you'd have to explain.
>>
>>49893759
Everyone has weapons. Everyone is army.
>>49893794
see above
>>
>>49893809
>Everyone has weapons. Everyone is army.
And you end up with armed chaos, anarchy and third-world style "civil wars", you stupid fuck.
>>
>>49893809

"It's a meme."

Isn't a very compelling argument.
>>
>>49893542
>The reason is simple: even if my son is a talented ruler, who guarantees that my grandson will be?
You raise and train your son properly so that he knows how to do the same with his own son.
>>
I'm going to apply the WWE school of corporate governance, in which anything from custody of a child to ownership of a multinational corporation can be decided by having a big fight over a briefcase hanging from the ceiling, on a far larger scale.

Trivial matters could be resolved in regular singles matches, but more important things would be decided inside of a steel cage or in an I Quit match. Something as serious as a challenge to my leadership would necessitate at least a Hell in a Cell bout, possibly even a 3 Stage of Hell or Iron Man match.
>>
>>49892966
I'm an anthro nerd, so I've got to do this bottom up.

Basic self-government and communal property ownership for extended family units. Gerontocratic and leaning patriarchal, the eldest (regardless of specific lineage within the clan) male and female take on specific authority roles. Male probably assigns land to all, tasks to males including some authority over military action. Female assigns marriages, tasks to females, intergroup trade. Both are necessary for full alliance between one group and another. The boss' families take on lesser roles decided on an ad hoc basis by the boss. Groups have avuncular child rearing (mother and siblings cohabitate and rear children) so for most marriage is optional, though it is still politically and economically convenient. Marriages are patrilocal (wife joins husbands household) with dowry in this case going to the wife's house (while men are useful in the fields, women are the primary source of coin through textile industry).

Intergroup governance involves a council with reps from family units. Male gerontocrats are elected to a kinglike position by their council. The appointment is for life, but the kings are old so reigns are still short compared to medieval royalty. The women's council appoints a high priestess with distinct duties. The families of these gerontocrats take on lesser roles, albeit roles more rigidly defined than similar secondary roles within the extended family. Generals, treasurers, and the like. If they do the job especially well they might continue to do the job unofficially with the blessing of the new titleholder (who in this case is more of a figurehead).
>>
>>49893844
If it were that simple, there would be no bad people.
>>
>>49893844
Yeah, and this totally worked over the games... right...
Mate, the only goverment where this shit was even remotely close to working out, was start of each Chinese dynasty. Mark my words - start. Because it quickly turned to the same clusterfuck of ossified, outdated customs unable to handle the reality, combined with vantom corruption. Every single fucking time.
And they still kept on trying. Trying really hard, like no other monarchy on this planet.

So tell me - how delusional you are to actually believe hereditary rule is the best thing possible, because great great grandfather of Carlos II was Charles V?
>>
>>49892966
>How would you structure the government?

I would have absolute sovereignty, but I would work in the best interests of my people. Everyone would enjoy freedom of expression and association, be free to come and go, and be free from any form of persecution under my reign. Obviously there will be belligerent /pol/ types in any scenario, but I would welcome their right to criticize me freely. (... not that it would pacify their belligerent nature anyway)

Why this approach? People are highly fallible and prone to sectarian thinking, and evidently need an ubermensch to keep their slavish values from instigating the total collapse of civilization. Any form of democracy would just be a tyranny of the majority bullying underrepresented individuals and legislating their rights away.

Of course, there's the problem of finding a suitable successor after I'm dead. I can't guarantee anyone else will be as altruistic as I am.

>What would your title be?

Benevolent Dictator for Life
>>
>>49893785
Weren't there a few African kingdoms with taboos on looking on the king's face and such? I like it.
>>
>>49893896
>how delusional you are to actually believe hereditary rule is the best thing possible
I was just playing devil's avocado. I'm actually a pretty staunch republican.
>kill the Queen when?
>>
Mageocracy with troll as puppet executive
>>
>>49893809
>>49893833
Almost 5% of North Korea's population is active duty military and despite it's relatively small population it has the largest military reserves of any nation on Earth.

It also, as far as anyone can tell, does not have a problem with riotous and seditious population. At least, not a problem that can't be handled by gulags.

Saying that military conscription makes for a disobedient populace seems like a total nonsequitor. Maybe in a free country, but not when you've got brainwashing and fear.
>>
>>49894039
They don't let their citizens actually own weapons. If you gave every nork guns and ammo things would start kicking off.
>>
>>49893809

You misread what I wrote.

3 years mandatory is not "extremely long" mandatory service. Nor does it imply the entire citizenry is armed.

We have many examples of modern and historical nations with highly armed and militarily trained populations that see little in the way of unrest.

And you don't address the transparency at all really.

You can have you opinion or whatever but I'm posting in accordance with the OP for a fantasy setting.

You saying things like

>you're not [X person] you can't argue this
>mentioning memes multiple times
>using "literally" incorrectly
>and saying you fucker

Doesn't make for a very friendly or conducive debate, it just makes you sound like a petulant millennial.
>>
>>49894134
>millenial
If you didn't fight in a world war you have no real room for generational bitching.
>>
>>49893542
On the suffrage front, what about the disabled? Would a job in, say, logistics, or drone operation, or anything like that qualify, or only actual combat service?
I gotta know my rights.
>>
THE WORLD NEEDS PHILOSOPHER KINGS
>>
uuuuum thats kinda the plan already in my game.
>setting is based upon city states
>each city is dedicated to a god
>my char follows a pantheon of dead gods
>end game goal is to become a new god that follows in their traditions

Basically the city is a giant colloseum Trade hub during the day with Brawls for entertainment done about once a week.
The ring bouts are in is magical so people can only be dealt non lethal damage while inside.
Demon skull that allows people to talk to my character as a god available for judgement.
My characters child from when he was human is the leader of city and was touched by the gods and future leaders follows their lineage.
Only simple rules i.e.no murder grevious injury or stealing disagreements are settled in the ring with my character making sure the system isnt abused with a bunch of "clerics" ready to stand in if need be.
a yearly festival, on the summer equinox, where the best of the best duke it out over the period of the day the avatar of the god comes down and competes against the most worthy competitor.
Training and improving oneself is pretty much the highest virtue.
>>
>>49893809
>>49894039
Are you illiterate? Or do you not understand the difference between a strategic reserve, and having a funded backup guerrilla with a gigantic army stockpile?

Then again its not like there exists countries where the armed population reach 2-4%, simply because hunters keep their guns.
>>
>>49894162
I dislike this question because it points out the biggest flaw in my ideal system: there's no good answer to this question. If a job in logistics qualifies as military service, then the question arises what this military service is even for as it does not instill loyalty to the public cause in the same way combat service does. Conversely, excluding the disabled purely because they're disabled means excluding people who could very well be incredibly talented and patriotic for trivial and superficial reasons.

I honestly have no idea what the 'right' answer would be, but it's a question that's too important to ignore.
>>
File: Princess Elizabeth.jpg (218KB, 1200x1677px) Image search: [Google]
Princess Elizabeth.jpg
218KB, 1200x1677px
>>49893991
Which queen, Elizabeth II?

She's okay, a non-elected head of state is far better than a non-elected head of government

As a constitutional monarch she's just someone who's been trained from birth to be a diplomat and permanent adviser to the PM, whoever they are, which helps with providing continuity - while it's not exactly fair, it's hardly a terrible thing, and she at least has done the job fairly well.
>>
>>49892966
Ignoring the bait picture, perhaps bait in more ways than one.

The people, having just thrown off the yoke of aristocracy, will have won via their own assocations. These associations are at once the nuclei of a new society and yet fettered with the ideological forms of organization of the old. Thus the revolution remains unfinished, and our struggle continues in the elimination of the ways of the ancient regime. The people remain vigilant against those who would install themselves as kings. From this the real organization of the people emerges: a fighting, watchful, and open body, such that power may not be miscarried by the few behind closed doors or in dark corners.

I would go forth with my fellow free people and go to the villages, the towns, the hamlets, and we would ask them to join this great conference; to first decide amongst themselves their wishes, then to send a delegation of the laborer, the farmer, the old, the young, of men and women humble and wise yet forceful in attitude that their wishes might be heard in our great convocation of a nation newly made.

I would attend as but a mere delegate of my own town. There the delegates would share their common ills, of the hurt endured before and during our liberation. The lords of yesterday may be gone, but their deputies might yet remain. So that every person may be possessed of the means and the will to act in the governance and prosperity of all the people, I would propose the end of all enclosure, the radical expansion of the commons, the right to movement and association. Thus we would do away with private title, and I would ask that each village commit to giving the materiel and volunteers to strip them from those who would insist on them by force of arms. It is only when the sword of the old regime no longer hangs above our heads that we will beat our swords to plowshares.

tl;dr We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune! We take turns to act as sort of an executive officer for the week...
>>
>>49894248
Beth is pretty based. It's a shame all royals have to hang.
>>
File: 1412691889588.png (61KB, 501x684px) Image search: [Google]
1412691889588.png
61KB, 501x684px
>>49893991
>>kill the Queen when?
I wonder who could be behind this post?
>>
An anarchosyndycalist commune, of course. There's no other form of government acceptable.
>>
>>49894248
>She's okay, a non-elected head of state is far better than a non-elected head of government
You know what's even better? Neither.

>trained from birth
>sycophants still believe this hogwash
>>
>>49892966
Left is more attractive. Feels more 'approachable.'
>>
>>49893542
I quite like this honestly.

You are not entitled to any special privilege if you don't somehow contribute to the country's well-being. Prevents a lot of mooching. A country can have free healthcare/education (via taxpaying citizens) but if you don't pay taxes or otherwise fit any of the provided clauses that sees you as a contributor in some way, you're not entitled to either. Pay like the rest of 'em.
>>
>>49892966
Depends on the technology level and industrialization. Savagery->slavery->feudalism->capitalism->socialism->communism.
>>
>>49892966
>You're going to be father to a country in your setting.
No, I'm not.
>>
>>49894155

I could make real room with plenty of points but I'll refrain from bitching, just know there is plenty of reason to complain about a generation of fat, lazy, poor postured, unambitious, sickly, disrespectful, entitled, arrogant generation of people who's bodies fall into disrepair before they eve reach their natural peak.
>>
>>49894222
I know some countries, real and fictional, get around this by having "service" not limited to the soldier-y bits of soldiering - every military needs doctors, drivers, logisticians, and to go wider it needs researchers and scientists, and a civil service to do all the management.
And the civil service that sorts out the rest of the country's stuff also sometimes counts.

If it's just about helping the country then surely it doesn't matter what the job is, as long as it's for the good of nation, even if it's just truck driving or paper pushing?

On the other hand, if the main reason for the service is to instil loyalty and discipline rather than to actually do the job then why not apply that at a younger age instead - like the Scouts, Cadets or, er, the Hitler Youth ?
>>
>>49894284
No, anon, we can still send them to do the most meaningless tasks for below minimum wage.
>scanning documents
>filling excel sheets with meaningless data
>putting together pens
>cleaning toilets in hotels
>taking clips out of papers and straightening them
All for 12 hours a day.
They would beg for a quick death.
>>
My state would be a brutal and repressive military junta.

At head of the military, foreign affairs, and policing is the Commander of the Republic. Aside from his powers as Commander of the Military and Police, he also holds veto power over all legislation that cannot be overturned
At the head of the Senate is the Chairman of The Republic, who holds veto power over all legislation (which can be over-ruled by 2/3rds majority vote) and is responsible for appointment of all civil service that are not electable. The Commander is appointed by a council of high-ranked military and police personnel, who takes office upon the death or retirement of the previous Commander. The Chairman is elected from the ranks of the Senate, by the Senate and serves at maximum four five-year terms as Chairman.

Below them is the Senate, who draft and vote upon legislation. Senators are elected by their constituents for five-year terms, of which are unlimited. Senators are elected by Free Cities, Provinces, Bishops, Town Councils, and Counties by various ad hoc means of varying level of democracy to represent their constituent's interests. The Senate holds little power in this Republic, which was established by a military Junta after the takeover of the Aristocratic Elective Monarchy that preceded it.
>>
I'd like to try a combination of Demarchy (people are randomly chosen) and Technogracy (scientists/engineers are elected, there's not really an "academia" group).

tl;dr: People that have passed some academic requirement like a PhD or MD degree would be randomly placed in a pool. Every few years names would be drawn from the pool to fill seats in government.

I have no expectation that it would be a successful form of government, but it'd be neat to play with the concept.
>>
>>49894364
Millennials got an absolutely shit deal compared to their predecessors and are currently subsidizing useless retirees with social security programs they will never benefit a dime from. By all means complain about those darn kids though.
>>
>>49894380
>If it's just about helping the country then surely it doesn't matter what the job is, as long as it's for the good of nation, even if it's just truck driving or paper pushing?
I guess that does make sense in a way, and would allow for broad participation regardless of physical limitations.

>On the other hand, if the main reason for the service is to instil loyalty and discipline rather than to actually do the job then why not apply that at a younger age instead - like the Scouts, Cadets or, er, the Hitler Youth ?
You hit it on the nail with the last point: having children serving in almost paramilitary functions is... unsavory. Something like the scouts would be nice and perhaps even encouraged, but I'm not sure how I would feel about making something like that compulsory. The closest thing I'd be willing to accept prior to conscription age is something like the Napoleonic Lycée system (which was introduced not only to improve the education system, but also to create patriotic Frenchmen [because by the time the French Revolution had happened, there weren't that many "Frenchmen". Most of them still very much identified with regional cultures rather than an overarching national culture.]).
>>
if it's very technologically advanced, have a bunch of uncorruptible robots with humanity's best interests and comforts in mind rule us

humans are stinky pieces of shit
>>
>>49894438
Always how it goes. The last generation bitches about the next generation while prepping to put everything on them.

I can find you articles that blame the Great Depression on the ingratitude and disrespect of children of the time, shit you not. It's how it's always been.

Children are the last acceptable target.
>>
>>49894438
The worst part that I don't see talked about, though, is that millennials were the first generation to truly grow up under a truly omnipresent ad-targeting media microscope. Not only do they finance all the boomers, but they get bitched at for not "pulling themselves up by their bootstraps" -- despite having propaganda and targeted ads shoved down their throats literally every waking hour.

I saw some attempts at counterculture. They all got immediately shut down when the advertisers saw a market. EMOs? Skaters? Rap? Social networking? All things mils tried to make into their own little Woodstock or Saturday Night Fever, but got monetized instead.
>>
>>49892966

Who is this butter-faced succubus?
>>
>>49892966
Extreme meritocracy that attempts to immerse all citizens in the governmental and administrative process.

Children are raised solely by a large, well-funded service staffed by the best the society has to offer; they will have (theoretically) perfected the process so much as such a thing is possible, with the discipline hopefully gaining enough scientific methodology and intellectual manpower to do so. People with the best genes, insofar as such a thing can be objectively determined, are highly encouraged and rewarded to breed and contribute sperm/eggs -- optimally, this society would come into existence with the advent of viable, efficient, and thorough baby-tailoring to ensure every new generation enjoys an ideal set of genes for health, intelligence, etc., and to destroy the universal constant of genetic inequality.

Various governmental apparatuses would be established to experiment and engage in social engineering to craft the most harmonious and productive societies; to regulate long-term management of resources, energy, and the environment, superseding all private entities, and to maximise sustainability; to provide funding and support (at a larger proportionate scale than that of the U.S., for example) for various scientific and technical fields, especially those currently dominated by private interests; to experiment with, regulate, and authorise systems of government on smaller scales managed by citizen cooperatives, so as to hopefully find better solutions and alternatives within the overarching governmental monopole; and anything else that would be recommended for establishment by the previous four.

I'd like to say that citizens would be as "free as possible", but I'm not sure what that concept would actually translate to amidst the social engineering and sustainability regulation.

The actual process would likely involve the consultation and recommendations of thousands of actual experts.
>>
>>49894547
>I saw some attempts at counterculture. They all got immediately shut down when the advertisers saw a market. EMOs? Skaters? Rap? Social networking? All things mils tried to make into their own little Woodstock or Saturday Night Fever, but got monetized instead.
To be fair, nobody but the millenials are to blame for that. Let's take rap, probably the best example. It started out as the telling of the stories from 'da hood', about squalor and poverty with no way out. It was almost a musical form of protest against society itself. Then "Da Man", the exact Man rap complained about at first, monetized rap and it became about popping caps in niggas asses, fucking hoes with phat asses and tipping strippers with Benjamins (I never got this about rap, why brag about strippers? What's so cool about paying a woman to do her job?). And the exact target audience for the original rap, the urban black community, started glorifying gangbanging and dealing dope and smoking weed erryday.

Millenials create their own suicide. Opportunistic boomers are merely willing assistants in their suicide.
>>
>>49894547
Pulling yourself up by your bootstraps is one of the dumbest things.
It literally means something that is impossible. You cannot physically lift yourself by your bootstraps. Best you can do is fall over by trying really hard.
>>
>>49894596
You really don't get it, do you? You lazy, entitled faggot. Let me spell it out for you slowly and simply so even your spoiled ass can understand it.

>Stand up
>Jump into the air
>Pull yourself up by your bootstraps
>Jump again
>Pull yourself up by your bootstraps again
>Repeat until you hit the stratosphere
>>
>>49894595
That's ridiculous. It's like blaming a downie for not understanding quantam theory.

Yes, the culture changed after the media got their grubby fingers into it. That's the point. Humanity as a whole has always been susceptible to propaganda. Saying that it's the mil's fault that they got taken advantage of -- by huge, powerful entities with multi-millions of dollars and entire departments devoted to spinning stories -- is disingenuous at best. It's literally the same mental logic as blaming a murder victim for being in the wrong part of town or a retard for being born retarded.
>>
>>49893809
wtf none of you can read this post
>>49893833
That's my point
>>49893838
What.
>>49894039
>Maybe in a free country
>not when you've got brainwashing and fear
That's what I said. Transparency and armed service are not compatible.
>>49894134
>And you don't address the transparency
Yet others got it just fine. Why can't you?
>You saying things like
Do you know who I am?

No

That is because we are anonymous.

You do not know who I am.
>>
>>49894685
>it's not my fault I fucked up, I was tricked by the media
Classic millennials. Blaming everyone but themselves.
>>
Listen, son. Just put on a good suit and go down to the stock exchange. Find someone looking for help, walk up to him, and look him in the eye while giving a good FIRM handshake. That's how he knows you are a real go-getter. Tell him you can start will small jobs and he won't regret hiring you.
>>
>>49894596
My great-grandfather pulled himself up by his bootstraps. Launched out of the slums and into Cambridge University. And do you know how he did it?

Not by keeping his head down in some shitty blue collar job.
>>
>>49894731
Trying too hard. Need to be a bit more subtle.
>>
>>49894731
>It's YOUR fault thing got popular enough to get bastardized for mass consumption!

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.
>>
>>49894734
>"Well sir, you're trespassing and I don't have room in the budget for any new positions but I like your FIRM HANDSHAKE and UNWAVERING EYECONTACT. You can start tomorrow."
>>
>>49894782
>>49894791
Okay, I take it back, I guess it worked even without being subtle.

Sigh.
>>
>>49894743
>And do you know how he did it?
By getting an entry level job that didn't require 5 years prior experience?
>>
>>49894685
>It's literally the same mental logic as blaming a murder victim for being in the wrong part of town or a retard for being born retarded.
I just like to believe that most people know better than to be distracted from what truly matters because a corporate fatcat dangled a shiny gold chain in front of their eyes. It's not so much blaming a murder victim for being in the wrong part of town as much as it is blaming a murder victim for walking straight into a stationary knife because it glows in the dark.
>>
File: K.gif (7MB, 640x361px) Image search: [Google]
K.gif
7MB, 640x361px
>>49894731
>>
Magiocracy - what's the worst that could happen?
>>
>>49893285
>i prefer the left
>i would rule with absolute, brutal power over people's lives for their own good

That about sums up the left.
>>
>>49894438
The worst part of anon's bitching is that millennials are the most /fit/ people their age have been (on record - comparison with premodern folk isn't fair to anybody) The aging baby boomers are what drag down health stats largely. His bitching isn't even a normal component of the already shit stereotype.
>>
>>49894818
This year's US presidential election alone proves you wrong.

The fact is, humans are just more advanced apes, and we still have a lot of instinctual holdovers from all stages of our past; a strong social instinct being one of those things. It's easy to take advantage of this with advertising or media spin.

No matter how much of a "strong, independent, mentally liberated non-sheeple!" you think you are, even you are being manipulated constantly. Have been from birth. But it's only in the past 50 or 60 years it has gotten truly immersive, to the point it can influence entire generations.

And guess what that timeline happens to line up with?
>>
>>49894791
>>49894805
Thanks for the advice anyway. I'll do better next time.
>>
>>49894743
In order:
He was Baron von Munchausen.
Transferred from Oxford.
>>
>>49894743
He was complaining about the expression, not dismissing your grampa's achievements,you idiot.
>>
>>49894877
I'm just trying to keep the art in it, man. Back in my day, trolling meant something.
>>
File: 1438659457953.png (2MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1438659457953.png
2MB, 1024x1024px
>>49893886
The correct answer
>>
>>49892966
Magocratic Republic
The Government is the Council of Seven, one Consul for each of the 7 proper schools of magic (with Necromancy not present), the Parliament of the Mages and the Parliament of the Plebs.
The Consuls are leaders of the Guilds. The Guilds are quite powerful,something like a mix of a Party, Union and Clan.
The Parliament of the Mages will voted on by every caster while the Parliament of the Plebs will be voted in by every legal citizen.

There will be 4.5 Tiers of Magic Users that each come with increased social standing and privileges.

1) Spellcaster
This is the lowest level and encompasses everybody with the Ability to cast, no matter if its Arcane or not
2) Entry Guild Member
This Mage has shown enough potential to be admitted into a Guild. It's not extremely difficult, but not trivial either. Nearly all "full time" Mages get admittance. (Think level 3 and up or so)
2.1) Guildless Casters
There are four of those: The Big two are White Hats (Divine Caster) and Green Hats (Nature Magic Caster) who virtually never could gain admittance to Guilds, Black Hats, proud Necromancers, and Grey Hats which encompasses all Arcane Spellcasters who choose not to join a Guild for one Reason or another.
3) Lord of a Tower
At this level the Mage may be Member of multiple Guilds. Membership in more than one Guild is possible, but it needs a great deal of skill, be it social or magical, to become a member in more than a few.
A Towered Mage fills the Role of lesser Nobility to a degree, ruling over individual villages and cities under the purview of the local Governor, which is put in place by the Parliament of the Plebs (one of the few powers it has).
4) High Arcanist
This level reach only a few people. Here are a few ways by which it can be achieved:
Membership in all Seven Guilds
Consulship
Act of the Parliament or the Council.
[And i'll end it here because it's too long otherwise]
>>
>>49892966
Benevolent dictatorship.

People would enjoy freedoms in virtually every category. There would be few things you couldn't do and very few laws. Most would be concerned with protecting peoples' lives and property. The rest (marriage, abortion, sexuality, arms)? Do whatever the fuck you want.

Government would be small and efficient, taxes few. Private sector would take care of the vast majority of things. Government would provide only the absolute basics of healthcare and education for those who are truly unable and not simply unwilling.

People would be held to a high degree of responsibility for themselves,their families, and communities. There is no gargantuan, benevolent government to hand out food stamps and welfare cheques. There is also no one stealing 40% of your income to pay for nonsense. Extremely low taxes to run a very small government.

Punishments for crimes would be severe. Thankfully, there are few laws. Victimless crimes are not crimes.

Very strict immigration policy to ensure the people who arrive do so knowing they must uphold the virtues of the country, not import their own socialist ideas.

Freedom of culture, religion, and expression. No, ensuring that immigrants do not arrive with the notion that this country must change for them does not restrict culture or religion in any way. They are free to have whatever festivals they wish and carry out any rituals they please, so long as these do not involve hurting others.

Strong military for defense only. Absolutely no interest in getting involved in foreign wars or paying (with either money or blood) for the mistakes of others. We send you our best wishes in your struggles.
>>
File: index.jpg (24KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
24KB, 251x201px
Let me tell you of Funktopia...

Religion is the pillar on which all of Funktopia rests. The Funky are fiercely devout to their faith, often to the point of fanaticism. The national religion is Groovism, a faith that teaches all truths come from the Great Groovemaster in the Sky. It is from Him that Funktopians channel their inner Groove and become more in tune with the Funk Which Binds All. This holy vibe is responsible for all creation and its continuation is required to maintain all reality. It is not, however, enough to hear His endless tune and accept His great funktitude. Every true Funktopian hopes to eventually become harmonic with the Funk Which Binds All and intertwine their soul with the Groovemaster's eternal rhythm. There is only one way to achieve this feat.
Funktopians base their entire way of life upon Groovism and their pursuit of the Groovemaster's rhythm. In order to become closer to The Master, Funktopians work tirelessly to provide Him with the Water of Life: malt liquor. The Groovemaster plays a never-ending tune of pure funk, a groove that creates all reality... The Funk Which Binds All. Scholars disagree, sometimes violently, about how He creates this heavenly funk. While most Funktopians believe He plays a bass guitar made of ivory and the hair of virgins, others preach that He in fact plays drums of the earth. His snare the oceans, His hi-hat the skies, His bass drum the mountains. This playing, however, is taxing on the Groovemaster and He requires sustenance. Nay, He demands sustenance. It is therefore the sole purpose of every Funktopian to provide Him with that which He requires.

cont
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (65KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
65KB, 1920x1080px
>>49895155
With this in mind, one can see why Funktopians are renowned for their work ethic. Every one of the Funky, regardless of their position, contributes in some way to the Groovemaster and the Funk Which Binds All. Their work produces wealth which is in turn used to create malt liquor in the Holy Vats of Justice and offered to the Great Groovemaster in The Sky. The more contributed, the closer one becomes to joining the Funk Which Binds All. CEOs, for example, are seen as much closer to joining the Funk Which Binds All than a garbage man or prostitute. Advancement, both economically and spiritually, is directly related to one’s work and their contribution to The Master and His tireless work.

In essence, the great people of Funktopia are responsible for maintaining the very fabric of existence. They are the reason the people of the world are able to go about their daily, funkless lives. Others may not believe in The Great Groovemaster in The Sky but it is through Him that they are able to draw breath. Funktopia has gone to great lengths to defend its borders and ensure that the sun will rise tomorrow, even upon the nonbelievers. For the Groovemaster is a kind, generous, and badass God.

Within the nation lie the Unfunky. They are the nonbelievers, naysayers, foreigners, and the unemployed. These worms eat at the core of the great society that is Funktopia. They cannot or choose not to hear the groove. They do not feel the rhythm. They are abominations who willingly submit themselves to some false gods and idols completely devoid of cool. The Funky lay two paths before the abomination when it is found: compliance or death.

cont
>>
File: ijustlikethehair.jpg (72KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
ijustlikethehair.jpg
72KB, 700x700px
>>49895172

The people of Funktopia reject all other religions, seeing them as grooveless and soulless systems of control. The Unfunky are people to be pitied and, if possible, converted so they may groove with the chosen until the end of time. Every effort is made to stamp out heresy and attack the root of evil which leads to Unfunkyness. The Holy Office of the Inquisition oversees all aspects of the lives of Funktopians, remaining ever vigilant for signs of those weak in their devotion to the groove.
>>
>>49894965

Keep going, I'm interested.
>>
>>49892966
>A divine mandate?
Strange creatures living in the skies distributing "mandates" is no basis for a system of government.
>Government by the people, for the people?
People don't know what they want until you show it to them.
>Universal suffrage?
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
>Service guarantees citizenship?
Citizenship is a tough occupation which obliges the citizen to make his own informed opinion and stand by it. The test of good citizenship is informed loyalty to country, as opposed to blind loyalty.
>>
With the millennial bitching, when will people realize that the whole media thing of "millennials are spoiled, entitled little assholes!" is a bunch of rich suburban media people talking about their own children who they spoiled the fuck out of.

The vast majority of millenials are very different from the stereotypes and actual research has proven that. For example, millennials save a larger percent of their income than any generation since their grandparents, also invest in very long term and safe investments on average. That's a different picture than the one of spoiled people who blow all their money on useless shit that media people give.

Because the media people live in a bubble and are bitching about their own children.
>>
>>49895350
>media people live in echochamber, because they tend to cover stories that are personally related to them.
Wow, I totally did not expect that in no way! More news at eleven.
>>
>>49892966
Left isn't great but right looks like a plastic version that still has a bad jaw/mouth. If she'd avoided the makeup necessary to look like she does on the right her skin wouldn't be as fucked on the left either and left would be clearly superior.
>>
>>49895407
Christ alive his nose is fucked. He looks like the left and right sides of his face are trying to go different directions.
>>
>>49894039
>North Korea
>as far as anyone can tell, does not have a problem with a seditious population
Might want to rethink that.
http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/09/kim-jong-un-sarcasm-ban
>>
>>49892966
Constitutional monarchy with a strong system of checks and balances between the aristocracy, the king, the parliament and the judiciary and, economically, the minimum control necessary as to prevent crony capitalism (like if you're an aristocrat only certain investments are honorable for you, no free marriage between the borgueise and the nobles as to prevent super capitals, banks have to swear fealty to the king etc) and just classic liberalism for everything else. I call in a Church with good ideals that can conceivably remain indipendent from the state and convert to it and make it the state religion.
Culturally I impose hard rules against degeneracy and respect towards servicemen and authority figures and hate for corruption and lazyness.
Basically I try to build a system in wich nobody can have too much power and everybody is incentivized to fight corruption (else the balance gets upset) and then just wait for it to become a superpower.
>>
>>49895407
>>The medias are ineffective and biased.
>>and that's ok.
You're good argument pro-abortion.
>>
>>49895888
Anon, please.
Anyone dumb enough to trust the media instead of making an informed opinion himself deserves to be fed the info-bullshit media spouts.

As of right now, we are drowning in the triteness preserved in all its finest in the digital age.
There's nothing to separate important from inconsequential, and thus, the one who controls the biggest share of the media market is basically the kid who shouts loudest.
There's no way to establish proper context without proper censorship, but, the thing is - there is no such thing as "proper" censorship.
So the only solution is to make the populace make their own informed opinions.
>>
>>49895943
>>there's a problem with the media!
>>no u! You deserve to be lied to somehow!
Planned Parenthood called, they say they're not done with you yet.
>>
>>49896061
How are you going to enforce it?
Hope that decent people will be in power?

There's no public demand for truth in media, because people are used to lying to themselves and the others. And you personally don't hold any power over media.

And anyway, media was never about something as silly as "the truth". It was always about enforcing the relevant point of view, which is determined by the person in position of the editor-in-chief or its equivalent.

Oh, and by the way, do diversify your sources of insults - they are getting old.
>>
>>49894965
>>49895202
Well, what do you wanna know more about?
This is an idea i have been mulling about for some time, mainly because i have no idea how i could use it in a campaign and make it more than window dressing.
I will also mention now that the whole system is weird and complicated on purpose.
I will describe the System of Governance from the Bottom up first:
On the lowest rung is the "Mage of the Tower". It is about equal to a low-ranking Baron.
His demesne usually encompasses one or two villages, with typically no more than a few hundred people, often less than 200.
He can fill the Role of Mayor, Administrator, Lord or Wise Man, depending on his disposition.
He acts as judge in small disputes, but can't enact capital punishment.
The position is awarded for live and non-hereditary. It is handed out by the Governor, but the wishes of the passed Mage and the Guilds are usually heeded.
Above the "Mage of the Tower" is the "Scholar on the Horse". It is about equal to a Count.
They are below the Governor and put in place by the Guilds. There are a handful per guild and governance and supervise at least a few dozens Towers.
They are the Sheriffs and Judges. They also fill most other roles a noble of this rank would fill, from administration to militair.
Above them is the Governor. This Office is about equal with a Duke in Rank. They govern about 3000-5000 km2 (75000-120000 Acres) and 100k-200k people. (Think size of english counties)
They are put in Office by the Parliament of the Plebs for seven years, but can not be reelected.

Then there are a few exceptions to this: Cities, Guildhalls and Holy Land
[to be continued]
>>
>>49894965
>>49895202
>>49896211
[continued]
Cities with Cities Rights elect their own Mayors and not are not beholden to Governors, only to the Parliaments and the Council.
Guildhalls are the seats of power of the Guilds and can range from monastery like schools over sprawling cities to huge castles. They are under direct control of their guilds and only loyal to them.
Holy Land is land owned and governed by White or Green Hats. Often it's something like a Monastery, but druidic forests or Temple-Cities can fall under this banner as well. They fall directly under the purview of the Governor.

I will post some more if the post is still up tomorrow, i am off to dreamland.
>>
>>49894685
If they weren't in the wrong part of town at night, they wouldn't have gotten fucking murdered now, huh?
>>
>>49892966
I have never seen a porn star who didn't look better without the makeup & hair & shit. I don't think producers have any idea at all what people want to fap to.

>>49892966

I 'd put together a hundred citizens, chosen at random, and have them write a constitution. Maybe there'd be lawyers to help them, maybe there wouldn't. Once they're done, put the thing up for vote. If it doesn't pass, have another hundred randoms write another one.

Refuse to run for any resulting office. If elected anyway, immediately resign. Let the fuckers figure it out themselves.
>>
>>49895292
>The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

The best argument *for* democracy is five minutes of unedited footage of the average politician.
>>
F U L L Y A U T O M A T E D L U X U R Y C O M M U N I S M
>>
>>49892966
How to structure a government of a country you've created depends on what the people are ready for and what institutions are already in place. What people are ready for is a function of institutions already in place AND the major grievances, vacuums, and shortcomings that led to the creation of the country in the first place.

Anything else is a lazy crapshoot with a high chance of ending like a Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.

>You're going to be father to a country
As irl me or as my character?
>in your setting
Which one? I have a lot.

People might do things for different reasons as well, for personal hedonism, to build the most "good" country, or because it would make a great game world.

Yes, I would totally enjoy impregnating her with copious loads of hot semen.
>>
>>49894839
He meant the left girl in OPs pic, you retard.
>>
>>49897104
>I have never seen a porn star who didn't look better without the makeup & hair & shit. I don't think producers have any idea at all what people want to fap to.

Women I find attractive that I actually know are much better looking without makeup that's for sure. But most pornstars are either painfully plain, or beat up with all kinds of skin conditions and evidence of a shitty lifestyle without makeup that hiding it does them and us a great service.
>>
>>49893373
>>49893285
>fiat: the post

There's no method to guarantee any of those prohibitions.
>>
>>49898333
>i'm too retarded to understand the joke but i will nail him with a zinger several hours after the post
>>
>>49892966
Elected nobles. Representatives are democratically elected from among a pool of high-born nobles.
>>
>>49898746
Do commoners vote or do the nobles?
>>
>>49900829
The commoners may vote, but only nobles with titles who have been properly educated by specially accredited preparation programs, that train HOW TO GOVERN (rather than how to seize power,) are permitted to run for office.

There is a limited number of titles that a noble may pass to his/her children, so the pool from which to draw leaders remains small enough to monitor the education/grooming of, and families are encouraged to pick their best and brightest to be nobles.

Terms are longer than ours, like a decade, but you only get one.

Executive power does not rest within a single individual, but probably about three.
>>
>>49900829
>>49901012

>There is a limited number of titles that a noble may pass to his/her children, so the pool from which to draw leaders remains small enough to monitor the education/grooming of, and families are encouraged to pick their best and brightest to be nobles.

I forgot, those of noble birth, but who do not receive titles, may maintain their inheritance without being ennobled, artificially generating a perpetual consuming middle class. Being chosen among your siblings to be ennobled is an honor, but not being chosen isn't necessarily a DIShonor.
>>
>>49892966
Narcocracy
>>
>>49894808
No you dongle. That would be keeping your head down in some shitty blue collar job. That's the point; you don't get anywhere by being an unambitious little faggot.
>>49894887
I was also complaining about the expression, not trying to justify my "grampa's" achievements, you idiot.
>>
>>49892966
>>
>>49893285
What about checks and balances?
>>
>>49893672
this doesn't even make sense
>>
>>49895292
Instead of simply meme'ing what you don't like, why don't you say what you do like?
>>
>>49895845
>degeneracy

And what is this?
>>
>>49893909
>Benevolent Dictator for Life
Why not something less North Korean?
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.