[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

YuGiOh System

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: Hungry Burger.png (240KB, 306x450px) Image search: [Google]
Hungry Burger.png
240KB, 306x450px
TG, I want to run a Yu-Gi-Oh based tabletop system.

Give me potential systems, ideas, plot points, anything you got.
>>
>>49892278
GURPS
>>
>>49892278
Basically just roleplaying and then playing the actual game?

The Duel Academy from GX is a pretty good setting for this kind of thing IMO.
>>
>>49892278
Something I've always wanted to do is use a super hero system and have CARDS BE REAL NOW adventure.
>>
>>49892278

just make a system that gives your party skills to use in matches, stuff like reorganising the top 3 cards in their decks. Then use printed cards to make the villain decks. focus on group matches where possible.
>>
File: mokuba 4.png (34KB, 256x288px) Image search: [Google]
mokuba 4.png
34KB, 256x288px
Fate and is good for representing general kinds of skills; not too hard to simulate types of strategies in someones deck.

I've toyed with using Pokerole [the non PTA/PTU pokemon game] as a starting point for doing something set in the Millennium World arc.
>>
File: 1475869525208.jpg (83KB, 508x397px) Image search: [Google]
1475869525208.jpg
83KB, 508x397px
>>49895938
My group did something like this. We made our skills things like:

Attack Monsters
Defence Monsters
Spell Cards
Trap Cards
Fusions

We just made up our cards on the spot and left the actual stats vauge. Each player had a deck theme and their stunts represented combos or signature cards. So a character 'attacking' another character went like.

"I summon my Facefucker Aline in attack mode! Go, attack Anon's life point's directly!" [The player would roll Attack Creature].

Then the defender would explain some way in game how they defended against the attack, saying monsters special summon form their hands, or a spell card, or a track, or a monster effect etc. Whatever they explained they'd use the roll of.

"Not so fast you xenos loving scum. You've activated my trap card, Steel Cage of Blue Balls!" [Then that player would roll Trap and work it out like a nomral contest roll.]
>>
File: 1474222526559.jpg (73KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1474222526559.jpg
73KB, 540x960px
I am dying to create an RPG with card based combat
Its very difficult because the cardgame must bend to dramatic purposes

If OP and his group are interested I could sketch some rules and roll from there, the lack of interest is what stops me.

I also have ideas for a campaign like the battle city arc.
>>
>>49893328
>CARDS BE REAL NOW
Are we talking like KH: Chain of Memories or...?
>>
>>49892278
Go with something super simple and rules-light, without much focus on actual cards.
Have the stats be things like 'Strong Play', 'Luck', and 'Tricks' and have players make up cards/rulings on the spot. Maybe something like a pointbuy between the stats, and have each be good against another (just playing good and you can power through the other guy's dirty tricks/outright cheating, while said cheating can overcome lucksack draws, while luck can just so happen to have THE PERFECT SITUATIONAL COUNTER to stop normal good plays) A bonus to rolls when using it vs the thing it's good against or something, such that it's not a guaranteed autowin but a good thing to use anyways.
And of course, everyone has to ANNOUNCE EVERYTHING LIKE THEY ARE SPEAKING IN CAPSLOCK.
>>
>>49896486

I'm guessing you mean actually using the text on the cards rather than some kind of advanced Dread that used building a house of cards rather than Jenga.

...but I do like the house of cards idea.
>>
File: 145046815771.png (450KB, 667x415px) Image search: [Google]
145046815771.png
450KB, 667x415px
>>49898880
yeah, the RPG will come with a card game and the player are expected reskin the cards to go eith their characters theme
>>
>>49898366
The cards would have real effects when used outside of duels.
>>
File: instantfusion.png (395KB, 800x762px) Image search: [Google]
instantfusion.png
395KB, 800x762px
You should play out the storylines instead of playing out the cards.

I want a Duel Terminal RPG.
>>
>>49896466
Who is the artist of this image, kind anon?
>>
File: Card-gaming Industries Universe.png (206KB, 1574x438px) Image search: [Google]
Card-gaming Industries Universe.png
206KB, 1574x438px
This came up some time ago, saved it for threads like this.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.