[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some money makin ventures a dragon would do? so far

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: get money.jpg (119KB, 991x644px) Image search: [Google]
get money.jpg
119KB, 991x644px
What are some money makin ventures a dragon would do? so far i've got a hatchery to create baby money makin' dragons, a production line for a mercenary force made of animated armour and gold mining golbins.
>>
Real estate.
>>
>>49892051
>House prices drive peasant caravans to start appearing
ooh, i like it, it's got an in built plot hook.
>>
File: 1467041234878.png (21KB, 298x279px) Image search: [Google]
1467041234878.png
21KB, 298x279px
Pimp
>>
419 scams
>>
>>49892088
Honestly i don't feel comfortable dming sex or sexual encounters, it's a part of me that i don't like, but it's there.
>>
Political office.

Dragon is the local duke and his children are the collectors. The hoards they make are taxes that will get sent to the capital every couple dozen years.
>>
>>49892092
>scamming the scammer member of my party
Alright, i'm diggin' it, corrupt merchant ring the player take down, that'd work.
>>
>>49892117
I've kinda established that pretty much everyone on the island is aware of the dragon and i've already established governance so that one's out, good suggestion though, thank you.
>>
>>49892016
He could start his own mercenary company.

An armored dragon leading a small army would be quite intimidating, most foes would just retreat or surrender at the very sight of it. He could charge a very high fee for his services to build a mobile hoard, which would be guarded by his loyal and well payed soldiers.
>>
>>49892016
Charging money for 'material costs' local wizards need for their spells?
>>
>>49892016
Studding themselves out
>>
>>49892051
>Hoard buildings
>Sit on them (literally) for 1000 years
>value goes up
>Use them at collateral to take out huge loans and buy more houses for the hoard.
Its literally the perfect dragon business.
>The brave knight is actually a repo man who must either slay the dragon or get him to at least pay his bills once and a while.
>>
>>49894125
>once and a while.
Is english your second language, anon?
>>
>>49893088
>Dragon army becomes too successful.
>No one within 1000 miles dares to raise an army bigger than a small gang.
>Business fades.
>Dragon army needs to lower prices.
>Introduce "$1 special" for a small fee, the dragon will swoop down, and breath fire once but wont actually fight for you. This means the dragon doesn't risk his life and only spends an hour or two of his valuable time on each job.
>Suddenly every low level band of mercs is pretending to have a dragon on their side.
> The dragon is raking in the cash, making 3 or 4 appearances a day, often times "fighting" against himself.
>Soon having a dragon at your battle becomes a mere spectacle.
>1000 years later it is tradition to start every war with an air show, no one knows why.
>>
>>49894174
You don't say 'once in a while'?
>>
>>49894258
I think he does say that which is why he questioned the use of AND.
>>
>>49892016
Open a bank
>>
>>49892016
Dragon invents fractional reserve banking. He hoards a massive amount of gold and makes that gold work for him without ever having to let go of his mountain of gold. He invents paper money that represents customers claims on the gold instead of actually lending it out. Then he lends out more than he actually has but nobody ever needs to find out. Boom, dragon invented paper money, banking and fractional reserve banking and not only gets to sleep on a giant pile of gold, but can actually make that pile grow by making the money work for him and as a side effect he even increases money fluidity and helps the economy grow that way.

He could make it even better by inventing the mortage, because even though mortages are not actually great today, they really really helped early modern economy because it freed up the only real value most people had even though it also acted as a double edged sword of creating a bigger wealth gap while growing the economy

Just imagine it
>Dragon's Mountain Lair is the worlds biggest bank
>He has thousands of Kobolds work for him doing all the bank work and managing the personal vaults
>The banks giant mountain of gold that backs all their financial actions is in the deepest chamber of the mountain in the dragons home
>Safest fucking bank in the world, who dares to break into a magic dragon mountain
>He has copper and silver coins and enchanted fakeproof paper money, all with his face and name on it
>He also offers fire insurance
>He also offers mortages and loans, and he is the best because who dares to cross a dragon
>He has his own Merc band that he finances and that take contracts in all the world
>If someone powerful crosses him a lot of misterious wealthy pretenders pop out from nowhere
>His merc band is the best but they don't take contracts from anybody who brings war near his bank
>He is Gringots, the Iron bank and the prince of Urbinio at the same time
>>
>>49894392
That's essentially what one dragon in my campaign world is, except it's also in space and he has guilds of accountant warrior dragonborn under his influence.
>>
>>49894392
>Trust in the first supranational bank of Dragon begins to dwindle due to a scandal involving a princess kidnapping

>Clientelle begin to make withdrawals en masse

>The hypothetical value of the dragon's financial services has long-since eclipsed the amount of gold actually present in their hoarde

>Dragon can't afford to lose all that money and files for bankruptcy whilst the business is placed under administration, as it is now "too big to fail"

>Disgruntled rustics begin hiring dragon slayers looking to recoup their losses in valuable dragon bodyparts, which are used in illiegal traditional elvish "medicines" - see, impotence cures for wrinkly millenarian oligarchs.
>>
>>49894392
He could even invent fiat money. Think about it, its not a big leap between. >This money is valuable because it represents a piece of dragons gold and >This money is valuable because a fucking dragon said so.
>>
>>49894465
kek

>>49894473
Yeah I know. He could even go the full magical bank route and try to get fiat money that is theoretically backed by gold, without even going into extreme fractional reserve banking, he could simply create the need for fiat money by hoarding so much gold and silver that no one has enaugh for coins, like it happened in europe due to excessive tea trade deficit. Having created the need, he simply offers the the best demand, because HIS fiat money is backed by the most gold, silver and "because I said so did I mention I am a dragon".

When he owns all the money and all the debt, he can become the most powerful being in the world with his dragon magic and might without actual violence and since his intent is most probably just "get all the gold" because to him gold=happiness he has zero reason to destabilze the system to get even more power because he knows that that just endangers his life and his gold pile.

>The dragon invents social marked economics because happy people dig more gold and slay less dragons and that's all he cares about
>The dragons name is actually Ludwig Erhard

That way he and his army of loyal jews kobolds perfectly set themselves up to become the fantasy worlds jews[/spoilers] rothschilds.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.