[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/ Ideas Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 450px-Dorf_Fortress.jpg (48KB, 450x675px) Image search: [Google]
450px-Dorf_Fortress.jpg
48KB, 450x675px
Drop your /tg/-related ideas, whether it's a story, a system, a setting, a character. Who knows? Maybe someone will pick your idea up and make it a reality. I'll dump mine.

-Take AD&D(or a similarly High-lethality retroclone), and Transpose all the Gurps rules for crafting, construction, trap-setting, Foraging, Farming, and basically every rule you need to survive and build a civilization. Throw in some Dark Heresy crit-tables and a metric fuckton of random tables to generate events, encounters, and setbacks. Finally, Create ten variations on the Dwarf race, and call it the Dwarf Fortress RPG.
>>
An entire one-shot that falls somewhere between The Cube and Saw - players are trapped inside a room and have to solve the puzzles and find the clues needed to escape before.... death. Lava, poison gas, bees, whatever. It's not important. What's important is whether they've been paying enough attention to your game world to solve the clues.
>>
>>49889671
A rules-lite Skirmish wargame where one side plays as Tucker's Kobolds. Your opponent controls a team of adventuring Murderhobos, with more strength and overall abilities, however, this is offset by the fact that you use a point-buy system to set various traps on the map.
>>
File: nothin personnel.jpg (196KB, 780x770px) Image search: [Google]
nothin personnel.jpg
196KB, 780x770px
>>49889671
the name of the game is Flawed Concept. Players basically find "OC do not steal" characters from Deviantart and attempt to play them, The catch is that their powers are either hallucinations or very, very watered down versions, leaving you with a character who is utterly mundane, except for the fact that every one of their personality traits and flaws must be played to the letter.

>My hatred of khaoskid663 and kevin trancends even logic or reality. I despise them and am obsessed with putting an end to them, despite not even knowing who these two are. Also I despise niceness in all its forms.
>>
>>49889887
So they're basically playing 12 year olds playing their edgy OCs? That's fantastic. Even better would be if you had a set of tables to scratch-build quick and dirty OwtheEdge characters at random.
>>
>>49889671
Fix FATAL.
1. Give it solid, fairly light-weight dice mechanics.
2. Remove about 90% of the sexism, not so much for SJW as it is to appeal to as many fetishes as possible(muscle-girls)
3. Add solid game mechanics for sex, including Foreplay, Subspace as a status, complex mechanics for Impact play, etc.
4. Call it Fetlife: The RPG.
5. Profit from creating a Fet-friendly RPG that can be played at kink parties, in Polycules, and at Leather-con.
>>
>>49889671
>-Take AD&D(or a similarly High-lethality retroclone), and Transpose all the Gurps rules for crafting, construction, trap-setting, Foraging, Farming, and basically every rule you need to survive and build a civilization. Throw in some Dark Heresy crit-tables and a metric fuckton of random tables to generate events, encounters, and setbacks. Finally, Create ten variations on the Dwarf race, and call it the Dwarf Fortress RPG.

Or literally just play GURPS, which already has high-lethality combat, detailed wound effects and several different dwarf templates. The dungeon fantasy treasure tables already generate stuff which seems like it would be right at home in DF.

>a silver-coated dueling pollaxe decorated with extensive relief embossing of leopards.
>a pillow which allows you to cast rain of acid; it is powered by the moral force of good and made of ice, it has a cheap fringe.
>a pair of detachable sleeves, lightweight; they are decorated with cheap feathers and block printing depicting fields.
>>
>>49889671
> Shadowrun
>One's an elf
>One's an orc
>One's from the ghetto, and tries to keep crime down and the kids out of trouble.
>One's from the rich low-crime end of town, and just got on the wrong side of the wrong chief, and got reassigned to the ghetto.
>Together, they fight crime, and try to actually fight crime without drawing the ire of their boss for fighting too much crime and risking putting themselves out of work.
Bonus points if the wisecracking jive-talking one is the elf.
In the sequel, they go to the rich area and uncover a BTL ring in the local high school.

> more shadowrun
A campaign set around the PCs being rent-a-cops. Put down petty crime, deal with shadowrunners, get paid by the job, buy your own gear, penalties for excessive use of force and unnecessary violence.
>>
File: 1511eb.jpg (244KB, 1282x500px) Image search: [Google]
1511eb.jpg
244KB, 1282x500px
>>49890573
Man, why does everyone fail to grasp GURPS can do [it], no matter what it is?

My favorite Eberron games were always in GURPS.
>>
>>49889710
So, and old fashioned dungeon crawl?
>>
>>49891296
I want to do a proper dungeon-clearing game sometime. Enforce carry limits and everything, so the party has to hire people to strip the dungeon empty and haul it back to town, and judge whether those solid gold statues are REALLY worth the extra cart they'd add to the wagon train.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.