[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/ feels thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: _feels1.png (20KB, 206x223px) Image search: [Google]
_feels1.png
20KB, 206x223px
Does anyone else feel like /tg/ shit is their only reason for living?

For the sake of this discussion I'll include writing, painting, RPG / board game playing, MtG, campaign prep, etc. in the umbrella of /tg/ shit.

I really feel like that's what's stopping me from killing myself, is my RPG campaigns. They are basically the only thing I look forward to.I see nothing in my future except gaming and writing, and if I take away that from life I don't think I have much left. I have other hobbies but they don't matter to me. Like I might as well die otherwise.

Post your own /tg/-related feels. Can be anything so long as it's related to tabletop games.
>>
There's more, anon. One can find purpose in many things.

You say you write. Campaigns, stories, lore, you name it. Why not share it to the world? Maybe even have some profit from it? And more importantly, meet like-minded people. And enjoy every minute of them.

You feel bad because you care. Because you feel like you miss some greater purpose in life. There is none. Inheritly all is without meaning. And it might seem terrifying, but see it as an opportunity. If no man's life objectively matters, can't we just enjoy life or at least find a place where it is possible? That's what makes me running, for only I will know my pain and joy and only I can allow the later to dominate. So can you.

Embrace your passions and try finding new ones. Surprise yourself with new experiences. And most importantly, don't worry. There is no point in that.
>>
Bump in hope OP will read this
>>
>>49891209
>>49890565
>>49890565

I did. thank you anon
>>
>>49892116
You're welcome and hang in there. Remember, you're not alone.
>>
>>49892116
Remember kids, killing yourself is only worth it to stop yourself or others suffering a greater amount of pain than you would if you would not commit suicide!

Carefully weigh up the scenario, and take into account you're probably depressed into the situation!
>>
>>49892209
Suicide is only acceptable in the form of heroic sacrifice. If you're going to give up your life wait until an opportunity to make it awesome and worthwhile, like jumping on a grenade or pushing someone out of the way of an oncoming vehicle.
>>
>>49892314
Still, let's not make such sacrifice too hastely. Most of the times, a life of a kind-hearted person is still more valuable that one's heroic death, for through living they can give others more good than any single act could.
>>
>>49892209
This.

Imagine holding a really hot bowl or plate from the microwave. It sucks right? Now imagine holding onto a plate so hot and so long you need skin grafts to fix up your mangled hands. That would be tougher to do but not impossible. Now imagine that you held onto the stove with your face. Still not compatible to dying; there's a good chance you're going to die, but it isn't assured.

Death is the end and beginning of all things, a universal moment among all the organisms and heavenly bodies. To die is to experience penultimate suffering, only exceeded by directly denying someone death to prolong the suffering. Unless you're willing to stick your face to your stovetop until your flesh bubbles away, you are not ready to commit suicide. If you can't even amputate a finger, you aren't ready. It's a last resort to spare others suffering.
>>
>>49889179
>Post your own /tg/-related feels. Can be anything so long as it's related to tabletop games.
I've posted my problem here a few times already, but it's mostly that I want to do /tg/ stuff but I don't know anyone who's into that and due to various factors I believe I cannot meet people into this shit.
>>
>>49892415
That's why we have the Internet, we are all like-minded folks. Besides, there might be a couple of us with similiar interest as you. Why do you think that's not the case?
>>
>>49892376
That... What? That's not comparable at all. Quit with the scare tactics, you Puritan. Hell is as made up as Cheesus.
>>
>>49892485
The point was, if you're so afraid of pain that you're unwilling to amputate a finger, than killing yourself is the wrong choice. To die and deny yourself all other experience is the resolute end of your existence. Before dying and before experiencing death, you should at least experience great physical suffering to know it the process is worth the result.
>>
>>49889179
Pretty much the only recreation I get with friends anymore.

Otherwise it's work-commute-sleep-commute-work.
>>
>>49892518
You see, the problem is that many people escape into suicide just because of the pain, not necessarily a physical one, nor a strong one. Just constant. Every single day you fell it, slowly enveloping you and devouring yourself. For some killing oneself is a way to escape it and free yourself from this burden. This is why most people don't get creative in suicide, they just want to end it peacefully and painless.

Besides, sorry but fuck you. Telling people with severe depression that they should fell "great suffering first" suggest to them, that you don't consider their pain to be so great. And they won't fight you on that, they might start believing in it, feeling even worse about themselves and pushing them a bit further into contemplating suicide. Please, don't say nor write such thing again.

To all felling in such way: do not treat this as an advocacy of suicide, it is a terrible way to deal with your problems. Most of you can fight it. If you fell like you can, seek help.
>>
>>49892452
For starters, I'm already 26. I'm not in a relationship and perfectly fine with that, but most of my peers are. This is around the age where they get married, settled down and their souls are drained by women. They have little to no time left for a life outside of their wives and any potential children. If I wanted to join a group, I'd be that creepy old guy who hangs out with teenagers and is routinely asked to take a seat.
>>
>>49892376
>>49892209
>>49892314
>>49892703
> implying people who want to truly want to die give a fuck about any of this

None of you have ever been suicidal.
>>
>>49892715
Again, my question is: what makes you believe you are the only one in your town and within your age group with such problem? Besides:

> their souls are drained by women

A bit harsh assumption, don't you think? Is it already happening?
>>
>>49892742
I was. Still am, to be honest. And at my dire moments I needed someone reaching out to me and at least trying to understand what I'm struggling with.

Perhaps you're right and those fighting their inner demons reading this thread won't care. But some might, and since writing about it is effortless, why we shouldn't do it? Maybe it will push someone towards seeking help.
>>
>>49892703
Their problems ARE insignificant, that's the point. Everyone goes through cycles, and if you're at the point where you think killing yourself is a reasonable solution: a) get help, and b) grab onto that microwaved bowl for as long as you can. Very quickly you'll realize that painless death is unrealistic, and that physical suffering isn't worth the end result should you botch it hilariously. This is the thing, these people are acting irrationally, hence why they require help. Pain is an excellent stimulus to induce a primal, human response. If you can't cope with even a small amount of physical pain, in addition to whatever you're dealing with mentally, clearly suicide is the wrong choice. If you're at the point where it doesn't matter, and by doesn't matter you mean you're willing to let every single person you've ever met suffer both in your absence and in your presence, you're beyond help.

Like I said, if you can't chop off a finger, killing yourself is the wrong choice, because once you chop off that finger, you're going to feel like an irreparable dumbass for even considering it, but you're still alive, and you're still capable of being helped. If you chop off your finger and feel nothing about it, there isn't much medical help available.
>>
>>49892852
I think you're trying to convey a message that gets lost in the process.

First of:
> Their problems ARE insignificant
Imagine a constant pressure that you feel every day. Every waking moment, day by day, month by month, year by year, (almost) always. It never stops. No matter what you do, it never stops. You feel like you cannot control it in any way, nor influence it. You feel powerless, so you submit. It doesn't stops. So you break down. It doesn't stops. You become husk of your former self, hoping this will desentize you to this pain. It still doesn't stops. It goes on.
Now honestly tell me this problem is insignificant.

> Very quickly you'll realize that painless death is unrealistic
Bullet to the head? Neurotoxins that makes you fall asleep? Do you think people kill themselves chopping their own body with a meat cleaver? Death can be painless, if it's quick.
(Again, don't treat is as an incentive to suicide)

But I agree with you on helping yourself with an outside aid instead of killing yourself.
>>
Can we make it a general venting thread? I think some of us might need that.
>>
>>49893059
Nice purple rhetoric. This is all about your special feelings and not what actually helps people. Painless suicide is the cowards way out, and should you botch it, like you're statistically inclined to do, you have to live in twice the agony, compounded by the embarrassment of your failure. If you aren't willing to live with that on your conscience, don't kill yourself.

Pain is relative to perception, and theoretically, in the last moments of consciousness you could experience time dilation and relive dying over and over and over again for eternity with no reprieve. Have you ever had an asthma attack? That panic is real, and before dying, you're going to experience excruciating agony, regardless of your chosen method, particularly if your method leaves the possibility of being revived. It's a normal homeostatic response.

Your problems ARE insignificant, but you're conflating them to be this elaborate noble circle jerk where you're obsessing about the profound nature of your suffering. The only answer is to smarten up, and if you aren't prepared to do it on your own, a lot of medication is available to help. All a psychiatrist is going to tell you is that you need to make yourself productive and give you strategies on how to accomplish that. If you're unwilling to try, you're defeated before you start, and you deserve everything you have. If you want to make your life better earnestly, things will improve, and if they don't improve significantly, chop off one of your fingers and see if that made your situation any better.
>>
>>49893196
Mate, have you even read what I've written, or you just want to waffle? I've agreed with you, suicide is bad and you should avoid it. And what fucking circlejerking are you talking about? Of course you shouldn't waddle in your pain, you should work towards getting yourself out of it, no matter if that requires other people to help.

I'm sorry, but seriously, piss off. If you won't even bother to read other people's responses, I sure as hell won't your's.
>>
>>49893265
Are you implying that this:
>Imagine a constant pressure that you feel every day. Every waking moment, day by day, month by month, year by year, (almost) always. It never stops. No matter what you do, it never stops. You feel like you cannot control it in any way, nor influence it. You feel powerless, so you submit. It doesn't stops. So you break down. It doesn't stops. You become husk of your former self, hoping this will desentize you to this pain. It still doesn't stops. It goes on.
Now honestly tell me this problem is insignificant.
is anything beyond the most self-righteous fishing-for-validation bullshit ever written? No one "waddles" in their pain, they wallow in it by writing that kind of tripe. I understand the truth hurts, but you aren't that special, and the way to improve is to work towards it constantly, in spite of the pain. I disagree with your touchy feely emotion-filled response, and the self-righteous validation you're spewing.

Maybe you should read what you've written, because I doubt you understand what "homeostasis" means, or how time dilation functions relative to subjective consciousness, because you clearly don't understand what you've written. Life sucks, then you die and no amount of coddling is going to change that. The sooner you accept that your life is completely under your control and begin working to improve it, the better off you'll be, but the second someone like you hops in to defend the plight of the suffering, all you do is enable their bullshit.
>>
>>49893265
>Of course you shouldn't waddle in your pain

Not sure if autocorrect or genuinely dumb, but I laughed either way
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.