[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 273
Thread images: 42

File: download.jpg (87KB, 649x452px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
87KB, 649x452px
Steeds and Mounts edition

>resources
pastebin.com/7HmkJAPT

>General's Handbook pdf is up
https://mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

Old thread:
>>49827693
>>
I wish Fantasy Lexicanum was up to date, so I didn't have to use shitty wikia...
>>
>>49880437
What wikia?
>>
File: ChrisJonesUgly.jpg (78KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ChrisJonesUgly.jpg
78KB, 1024x768px
facing orcs and goblins tomorrow, AoS

I am using Tomb Kings ... Opinion? Tips?
>>
>>49880532
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Age+of+Sigmar+Wikia
>>
File: 1474813629384.jpg (328KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1474813629384.jpg
328KB, 960x1280px
So has anyone read any of the novels ?
Did you like them ?
>>
Tell me about Tomb Kings in AOS, I just bought a Tomb King army

I don't have Settra yet, is there another way to play them?
>>
>>49883126
Khalida w/ skeleton archers
>>
Speaking of steeds and mounts, was considering having Mighty Skullcrushers riding Gorebeasts for my Roman-esque Khorne list, thoughts?
>>
What type of ONG are you facing ? What does your TK army compose of?
>>
I'm looking to start AoS and sketched out a chaos cavalry heavy army. Thoughts ?

Leaders:
Lord on Daemonic Mount (General) - 140
Bloab Rotspawned - 260
Bloodstoker - 80
Ogroid Thaumaturge - 160

Battlelines:
Warriors - 180
Warriors - 180
Pink Horrors - 140

Units:
2x Gorebeast Chariot (MoK)- 200
Knights - 200
Burning Chariot - 160
Plague Drones - 220
Seeker Chariot - 80
>>
>>49884640
I'd drop the thaumaturge, in matched play his spell will cost you points to lay down more models, as does the pink horrors effect.

With him Gone you could put two more seeker chariots or another hero
>>
>>49880873
you will win.
>>
>>49880269
Hey guys how do i get people into AoS most people i live around are 40k players only people I've got to consider it are new to the hobby and think AoS will be easier to get into.
>>
File: 1431647756544.jpg (252KB, 630x731px) Image search: [Google]
1431647756544.jpg
252KB, 630x731px
Hey teeg, I'm just starting out with Age of Sigmar, interested in a heavy defensive force of Seraphon, lots of Saurus Guard centered around an Engine of the Gods. I was thinking of doing the Eternal Starhost with the following sort of build:

Formations:
Eternal Starhost - 80

Leaders:
Slann Starmage - 260
Eternity Warden - 140
Astrolith Bearer - 160

Battlelines:
Saurus Guard - 100
Saurus Guard - 100
Saurus Guard - 100

Units:
Engine of the Gods - 240
Bastiladon - 300

Total: 1480pts

Is this too light on infantry? I'm not sure how to work with the Seraphon yet, I've never played a game of AoS and the only ruleset I'm familiar with even a little is 40k.
>>
>>49884870
Here's my take on seraphon, mind you I haven't actually played as them but this is theory crafting .

Your main strength is you can summon just about everything, and the way the rules work you don't make your army and say "300 points are set aside to summon a bastiladon" you say "I'm leaving 300 points for summoning".

So you start with the bare minimum on the board and summon whatever you might need form your collection to counter your opponent
>>
>>49885350
Oh shit, I didn't realize that was how it worked. It makes a lot more sense that way rather than just summonings being free. So maybe I just start with the Slann, Warden, and Guard and fill in the list in the first couple turns of the game. Holding the line with the Eternal Starhost should give the Slann time to crank out more units.
>>
>>49885381
That's the idea, seraphon draw incredible strength by just being unpredictable. You could bring the same models every game, and play the army a different way each time.

Gifts from the heavens? We kaiju now
Border war? Knights all day
Take and hold? Bastiladons ft. Saurus guard

It makes you incredibly difficult to counter, additionally you can adapt on the fly. You just need to be careful with your points.

Also the (scar veteran? I'm not sure which one is better) carnosaur is a goddamned amazing unit. It's +d3 units running during battle shock is crippling to guys like the stormcast and ironjawz, who dislike running due to small unit sizes.I would consider one of them
>>
>>49885411

>Implying my Stormcast aren't immune to battleshock
>>
>>49885432
I play storm cast, enlighten me as to how your 8 foot tall, iron man, lightning soldiers forged by god's hand don't run when 2 of them manage to die before an onslaught of lesser troops.

Seriously, 6 goddamned bravery. On an immortal hero of mankind reforged by god himself to he a warrior. Almost every unit in the game has comparable bravery and the only ways I know to mitigate it are

1) celestant on dracoth
2)tactical genius? (Trait that let's you spam IP)
3) don't die (dice play too)
>>
>>49885432
You know what I forgot sky borne slayers, so there's that. My earlier point still stands
>>
>>49885459
Woah, Stormcast have 6 bravery? Even my regular Saurus Warriors have 10. Do Seraphon just have anomalously high Bravery?
>>
>>49885532
Yes. That's the entire thing of Seraphon. Bravery 10 across the board is *really* good.

>>49885459
>>49885469
Well, there's also the Order allegiance bonus, which helps. I mean, at least you can occasionally not take the Lord-Celestant on Drakoth without gimping yourself too much.
Though your point still stands, obviously.
>>
>>49885532
Seraphon are Daemons.
All Daemons have bravery 10.
>>
>>49885459
To be fair, if your general isn't a LC on dracoth you are are either a fool or are running Skyborne Slayers.
>>
>>49885645
As cool as I think storm cast are, I don't have much fun playing them. Their reliance on paladins and the extremis to do anything makes them fat targets for any competent opponent. Don't get me wrong I like slow and purposeful elite troops, but with sigmar battle line tax making me take 300-480 points of battleline my ability to field expensive models becomes limited.

But yea LC on dracoth is mandatory if you're not running slayers, which sucks because footslogger LC has a great ability
>>
File: 128998172.jpg (55KB, 736x829px) Image search: [Google]
128998172.jpg
55KB, 736x829px
>>49885607
>>49885636
Badass. Thanks guys, I'm really excited to try AoS. A bunch of the 40k guys at my local gameshop hate it, though it seems like nobody can really explain why beyond "It's bad."
I played a demo game with the manager and really liked the flow of it, and painting lizardmen will be a great break from painting Mechanicus.
>>
>>49885696
> A bunch of the 40k guys at my local gameshop hate it
Strange.
Usually it's WHFB players that hate the game regardless, while 40k guys love it.
>>
>>49885750
I should have said "the guys I play 40k with." They cite their experience with Fantasy as why AoS is bad. I don't have any experience with WHFB, so I only know them as "the 40k guys"
>>
>>49885694
I am going to catch some flak for this, but I still maintain that Extremis allegiance should have their own battleline.
For regular stormcast I don't mind it. Most of my army is battleline anyway, bar some Protectors and the heroes.
>>
>>49885750
Usually every grognard hates AoS, because:
>Age of Shitmar/Smegmar
>no tactics, just a pileup in the middle
>no points
>13 Nagashes
>why would I take 5 guys when 20 cost the same
>4 pages of rules
>generic fantasy
>any number of online hearsay without any basis in reality
It's generally safe to ignore them.
>>
>>49883126
Necro knights in units of 6 buffed up by a liche priest and herald.
>>
>>49885432
The carnosaur scream make models flee even if you autopass battleshock.
>>
>>49885772
Just tell them that Aos is basically built to be the opposite of the old fantasy. A lot of people I know me comprised hated the old fantasy because of assorted bullshit and now are in love with AoS.
>>
>>49884797
I started the game in my club by asking people that were tired of the direction 40k was.

Getting an army is very cheap since all WHFB players gave up, and was selling theirs for cheap.

Then I added some more people;
- some old fantasy player that left when the golden era of fantasy ended, to became the mess that it was. It was easy; I said them that since they have an army they were not using, they may as well try the new game. Once they play the first time, they got into it fast.
- some new players, that were looking for a fun and easy to start game. Start Collecting were a bless for that. I kept the point low for the first game, so people saw it was accessible. Cool looking minis did the rest.

We are now a healthy group, ready for our first tournament/campaign.
>>
>>49886550

That's true, except that it doesn't.
>>
>>49886963
Yeah, it's true. You only need to take a test to trigger it, so even if you lost a single model and you have bravery 10 you have to roll and you risk to lose models.

Still it doesn't apply to Skyborne slayers or lord celebrant on dracoth because those eliminate battleshock test.
>>
File: 558857592.jpg (31KB, 300x334px) Image search: [Google]
558857592.jpg
31KB, 300x334px
>>49882561
>There will never be big guy Chaos warriors
>They will always be manlet mode compared to Stormcast and even elfshits.
>>
File: 1476981494594.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476981494594.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
DANCE FOR WURRZAG
>>
>>49882561
>All Chaos novels are about Khorne and Skavens.
No, I'm waiting for the good stuff.
>>
>>49887487
>They will always be manlet mode compared to Stormcast and even elfshits.
Don't forget Ironjawz, ya weedy grot!
>>
Anybody have any experience assembling and painting the Weirdnob Shaman model? I'm in a time crunch for my first AoS game this weekend, and I'm considering assembling him and running him unpainted. Will I be fucked if I go back and paint him already fully assembled vs in stages like I had originally planned? I want to take my time and make the model look good, maybe I should run my Warchanter instead, that model looks goofy as hell anyway.
>>
>>49887675
I know some others don't do this, but I always assemble everything before painting. It makes some things harder to paint, but in most cases if it's hard to reach it's hard to see. Just take your time when painting, and think about your strategy before you do anything. What I mean is, consider what parts are likely to cause you to get paint on adjacent parts, and paint those first so you don't need to clean up after.

This is maybe a contributing factor in how I paint. I see people doing base coats on the whole model then washes and highlights. I paint an entire area to completion, then move to the next. Usually going from inside to outside of that makes sense. So I'll paint all the skin, then all the armor, then capes/accents, then weapons for example.

This kinda got unrelated, but the point I'm trying to make is if you want to build your dude first, don't sweat it, you'll be able to paint it if you're careful.
>>
>>49887487

Blood warriors are about the same size as liberators and skull reapers are even bigger

Unless you mean undivided warriors in which case I agree
>>
>>49888088
Blood Warriors are actually a fair bit smaller than Liberators. They're down a base size, and it would probably show more if they didn't have large hats.
>>
>>49888118

Oh yeah you're right. Liberators seem to be almost the same size as Paladins and other 3W monstrous infantry.
>>
File: DSCF4409mini.jpg (228KB, 768x933px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4409mini.jpg
228KB, 768x933px
>>49880269
Speaking of Steeds and Mounts, I finished my Herald.

>Spending a week of free time and a lot of energy to make her
>It's only 60 points
PointingAGunAtMyHead.jpg
>>
im thinking about an AoS army. And i was hankering for some nice evil dorfs. Azgorh legion with some centaurs and machines, is that a good army? is it over the top OP and everyone will hate me? how does it fare overall`?
>>
>>49880269
>>49880269
Are Brayherds and Warherds decent? I tried out a game with them against Bonerattle with Necromancer and it was a rough slog... It was my first time playing Herds and my first time fighting Deathrattle.

Are Herds low tier or is Deathrattle just really good? (Or do I just suck?)
>>
Stupid question, but can someone explain this to me?

I understand all four Grand Rivalries and the clashes between them all except for Death and Chaos.

Why does Death hate Chaos?
Why does Chaos hate Death?

Is Necromancy (raising the dead, against Nature and the order of the world) not acts of Chaos by its own right?
>>
>>49889001
Death is always the same, unchanging, unending. It is anathema to chaos
>>
File: necromancer skeletons.jpg (366KB, 863x1200px) Image search: [Google]
necromancer skeletons.jpg
366KB, 863x1200px
Feeling like starting AoS army after my military service ends during Christmas

How are Nurgle rotbringers, Tzeentch arcanites and a necromancer centered death army with plenty of skeletons?
>>
Taking my gutbuster hoard to play tomorrow, hoping for quite a feast
>>
>>49889044
Pick up a box or two of Silver Tower for all that Tzeentchy goodness, you'll thank me later. Just don't spend more than $85 on the box.
>>
>>49889001
>Why does Death hate Chaos?

Nagash hates and fears anyone more powerful than him.

>Why does Chaos hate Death?

Hate is maybe a bit of a strong word. Chaos just wishes to corrupt and dominate the multiverse.

>Is Necromancy (raising the dead, against Nature and the order of the world) not acts of Chaos by its own right?

All magic is originally spawned from Chaos.
>>
So what minis are we getting tomorrow?
Or is it more build to order or 40k?
>>
>>49889091
So as far as the four Grand Alliances are concerned, geedubs groups Death as anything and everything under Nagash?

As cool as Nagash is, my Death army is special snowflake bullshit with my personal Vampire Lord/necromancer/whatever who controls the battalion and answers to nobody.

I'm not a huge fan of geedubs classifying Grand Alliance Death as basically Grand Alliance Nagash.
>>
>>49889119
Burning of Prospero pre order.
>>
>>49889148
>So as far as the four Grand Alliances are concerned, geedubs groups Death as anything and everything under Nagash?

Mostly it's just undead in general.

>As cool as Nagash is, my Death army is special snowflake bullshit with my personal Vampire Lord/necromancer/whatever who controls the battalion and answers to nobody.

That's okay.
>>
>>49888867
Beastmen are really speedy for an infantry army and can hit reasonably hard, but are otherwise unimpressive. You need to pick your battles where you can, make sure to know when to sacrifice units and gang up on key enemies to bully them.
Basically, brayherds are hardmode.
...or you can use minotaurs.

>>49888715
There are functionally three different parts to chaos dwarves:
- warmachines: pretty good; not perfect, but overall very reasonable, if pricey
- bull centaurs: also very decent; appealing mix of speed, strength and power
- chaos dwarves proper: very shitty, especially compared to regular dwarves; that said, they are cheap
>>
>>49888016
Thanks bud, when I get home I'll do some work on him, if I see something that looks like it's going to cause a problem I might even just do a base coat, time permitting, before assembly, so if I've got a hard to paint spot, it'll at least have a nice base coat.
>>
>>49889223
dorffag here, thanks for answering. I'm from 40k and hate having slow and useless units, dorfs seem to be full of them.. dammit why do i love the weak ones :D
>>
>>49886034
Necro knights seem too good to be true. 160 points for that statline and those abilities? Even before you consider the buff synergy that's too good.
>>
>>49884870
Cut the Engine for a regular Stegadon or 4x artillery, Engine is not very good in matched play.
>>
>>49885350
Relying on a 8+ to summon a bastiladon is just asking for trouble. You could just deploy it instead and get guaranteed positioning and shooting starting on turn 1.

Summoning is better left for niche units like Razordons/Salamanders, or resummoning units like Terradons to get another rock drop, or another unit of Ripperdactyls to get more value from Blot Toads.
>>
>>49889590

And blood knights still manage to be better
>>
>>49885645
LC on foot has a ridiculously good command ability, especially when combined with Retributors or Concussors
>>
>>49886963
If they take a battleshock test, even if they would automatically pass (ie: lost 1 model but have bravery 10) the Bloodroar can still activate.

The only time this ability doesn't activate is if they have an ability that makes them not have to take a battleshock test.
>>
>>49889001
Death hates Chaos because Chaos s trying to fuck everyones asshole

Chaos hates everyone because they are trying to conquer all the realms
>>
>>49889148
>So as far as the four Grand Alliances are concerned, geedubs groups Death as anything and everything under Nagash?
Anything undead.

Flesheater Courts do not worship or recognize the authority of Nagash, as they are insane renegade vampires that have created a cult of insane mortal ghouls.

Tomb Kings get some minor references in the fluff and they don't seem to pay fealty to Nagash either.
>>
>>49888549
As befits any slaanesh player, you've made her look beautiful, that's what matters.
>>
>>49889646

This. LC on foot or a well supported LC on StarDrake for Extremis chambers are my go to generals.
>>
>>49882561
really good ones are Hammers of Sigmar and Warbeast. Dunno about the pestilens one, have yet to read it alongside with last 2 (the ones focused on nagash and manfred).
All the rest goes from barely average to pretty bad.

Also, im not checking aosgen from ages. Any new ruor? upcoming releases?
Fuck 40k, they had enough. I want some good ol fashioned fantasy now.
>>
>>49889646
Sure, but when compared to the enormous bubble of battleshock immunity I find it to be less interesting, simply based on the fact that once you need to take tests, your guys will be hurting a lot and if you haven't managed to break the enemy before that point you are probably screwed.
>>
>>49889257
Np. What you're suggesting is a great idea. Even a flat color is better than primer/plastic when it comes to hard to reach areas.
>>
>>49890041
I don't think they can be directly compared. One is offensive, the other is defensive. Both are good in their own way.
>>
This conversation is making me wonder why Stormcast dont have musicians and banners in their units.
>>
>>49890041

The other issue with the Dracoth LCs command ability is that Stormcast tend to run MSU where they don't care about battleshock in the first place since they'll be dead anyway. A LC on foot can always just inspiring presence a big unit that needs it.

Helps with retributor deathballs though.

What the Dracoth LC is really good at is being a giant nigger with the storm strike glaive or lightning hammer and his storm breath.
>>
>>49890400

they made the musician a hero and they've got a BSB, don't really need much more in the liberatora.
>>
>>49890721
Drummers/banners usually have rules that effect running/charging and battleshock, both of which are problems for Stormcast
>>
>>49890801

The Heraldor and Vexillor both help with charges though.

Battleshock isn't really a problem unless you have big units of liberators, at which point having some BS immunity is p nice.

Retributors hurt when they run away but typically they should maim whatever they hit hard enough to not take too much back. (At least in bomb form)

I'd rather have shield wall on liberators than a run buff desu
>>
File: ushoran (1).jpg (659KB, 3303x2325px) Image search: [Google]
ushoran (1).jpg
659KB, 3303x2325px
Ever since Flesh-Eater Courts appeared I wanted an Ushoran model and rules. But sinc GW forgot about the Handsome I decided to do it myself. Still looking for conversion ideas but I'll probably do a heavily converted Daemon Prince.

Still working on his Warscroll. This is what I got so far. Very open to suggestions but bare in mind this should be the faction leader, someone even Nagash can't beat easily and someone that survived the End Times and thousands of years of Chaos reign.
>>
File: barbarian skeleton.jpg (420KB, 891x1200px) Image search: [Google]
barbarian skeleton.jpg
420KB, 891x1200px
>>49889044

pls respond
>>
>>49891083
Oh and his other Keywords are of course Abhorrant Ghoul King, Flesh-Eater Courts, Vampire and Ushoran.

This Warscroll builder, while great, doesn't recognize these keywords somehow.
>>
>>49889871
Pestilens is really fun, has lots of skaven humor.
>>
File: tumblr_n19y4rrbwl1rrx588o1_500.gif (748KB, 464x328px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n19y4rrbwl1rrx588o1_500.gif
748KB, 464x328px
>>49891083
>okay, let's give him tremendous melee damage
>and make him super-mobile
>also, he should be really hard to kill
>and since he's so cool, he'll let all his allies ignore battleshock
>and he should have a spell that can utterly fuck over a unit
The only thing missing is a140pts cost.
>>
Thinking about starting a Daughters of Khaine army. Any suggestions for a fun and playable 1000p army?
>>
>>49891113
Good, shit and kinda limited, respectivly.
>>
>mfw playing against skellies for 1st time
>mfw 4 attack form each skelle when in combat
>he gets back just as much as I manage to scratch form him

fucking hell, 2x30 skellies in 1000k battle I 100% rekt.
>>
File: kurwa czacha.gif (58KB, 752x752px) Image search: [Google]
kurwa czacha.gif
58KB, 752x752px
>>49893106
>>
>>49887524
Call of Chaos also had the other gods represented.
>>
>>49891398
check OP link for 1k armies
>>
>>49889223
>>49889320
This is just wrong. Infernal Guard are pretty fucking nasty. They're slow, as all dwarves are, but their weapons and armor are great.
>>
>>49889693
It doesn't help that Chaos gives the finger to death some times; 'dying' in the service of Chaos doesn't mean you're dead for good.
>>
File: 1441056186832.jpg (110KB, 681x624px) Image search: [Google]
1441056186832.jpg
110KB, 681x624px
>Can't decide between a slaves of darkness army with tzeentch and khorne daemons or straight up Ironjaw fuck shit WAGH

Please send help
>>
I'm trying to figure out 1k point list to achieve with nurgle.
So far I've been trying to set up mish-mash of mortal and daemons, but I don't get why there's slaves to darkness batttleline, mortal nurgle battleline and just battleline.
Do they all count in for battleline requirement? Like I can stick chaos warriors and unit of plaguebearers, or plaguebearers and blightlings?

And is there any pont to stick to full daemon, or full mortal list? Do I get any extras for doing this? Or I still get same artifacts and traits form chaos page?

And I was wondering why I can't use any artifacts or traits on maggoth lord, but they work just fine for herald of nurgle and chaos sorc?
>>
>>49893539
Yes, just look at these amazing weapons and stats. Wow, they just blow me away.
>>
>>49893593
>He doesn't know about the black pyramid

The 3 eyed King is destined to shatter the gate of heaven, but he will have a leash.
>>
>>49893707
Battlelines with conditions can only be taken as such when you fulfil that condition, i.e. usually have a certain allegiance.
If all your units have the Slvaes to Darkness allegiance you can choose to have Slaves to Darkness allegiance.

As of now, there is no real point beyond synergies of your buffs and spells, which commonly only affect certain keywords.

The Maggoth Lords are named characters, as such they don't get relics and such.
>>
>>49894023
Thank you for clearing it up for me kind Anon.

Do I get it right now: I can take Chaos Knights as battleline, only when everything in my army have slaves to darkness keyword, blightkings can be battleline when everything have mortal nurgle keywords (so no daemons in that case)?
>>
>>49894202
That's right.
>>
>>49893636
Ironjawz are fucking cool, and beginner friendly, and easy to paint.

Slaves to darkness are kind of just dudes painted green, or blue, or red or whatever.

I don't play Black orcs but i always reccomend them they seem fun and strong enough to compete
>>
>>49893927
I meant more like Skarr Bloodwrath
>>
>>49893636
I'm playing casual Stormcast Eternals but want to save money and build an 1k pts Ironjawz army. You should buy into Ironjawz and have a lot of fun with them - do it for poorfag Anon.
>>
>>49894649
But anon, if you are playing stormcast you are already playing ironjawz as well. Except, y'know, better.
>>
Skaven are the most successful species in the mortal realms.
The mortal realms are rightful Skaven clay.
>>
>>49894848
Anon, to be successful you actually have to have successes. An NPC faction like the skaven don't have those
>>
File: ork life.jpg (83KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ork life.jpg
83KB, 500x500px
>>49894793
I mean Stormcast are funny guys - driving a steamroll with hammers and shields is very satisfying for a newbie like me.
But what can I say Anon - greenskinz and fuckin neat Gore-gruntas and WAAAAAGH!
>>
>>49894899
>Anon, to be successful you actually have to have successes.

No, all you need is to outbreed everyone else.
>>
Any other ogre players here?
>>
>>49894950
Yeah, but you can't o that when your casualty charts look like 400000 of your dudes to one goblin
>>
>>49895099
No, you are the only one.
>>
>>49895225
>Yeah, but you can't o that

But Skaven have.
Already they are said to be the most numerous race in the mortal realms.
Shitmar's days are numbered!
>>
>>49895432
considering you need 5000000000000 skaven to die in order to even SPELL "Sigmar" I'm not threatened at all
>>
File: 01-01.jpg (143KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
01-01.jpg
143KB, 700x700px
>>49895472
Skaven super soldiers are superior to Sigmar's.
>>
File: IMG_0367.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0367.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>
>>49895518
How's Australia these days anon?
>>
>>49895518
How did he magnetize that piece of ceiling wood?
>>
>>49889044
>>49891113

You're probably better off concentrating on either pure chaos or pure death/undead. Technically you can make an army as you described, but you're not going to get as much synergy out of it. At the end of the day, sure, do whats fun. But I would stick to one or the other.
>>
File: 1475291961825.jpg (127KB, 832x766px) Image search: [Google]
1475291961825.jpg
127KB, 832x766px
>>49894848
Welcome, clan-brother. The manthings will pay pay!
>>
>>49897454
So hyped for updated Skyre models.

I just want ikit claw's model in plastic
>>
I've got a question about my Seraphon. On my Engine of the Gods warscroll, it lists "Skink Priest" on the keywords. Does this mean that there is a skink priest on board? Can I use the priest's abilities, spells and attack profile?
>>
>>49898035
I believe that keyword is for the Slann ability to channel their power through any Skink Priest as if the Priest was casting it instead of the Slann. For purposes of establishing range and stuff.

The Skink Priest on the Engine is otherwise occupied with running the Engine, and isn't a separate unit with his own attacks and spells.
>>
>>49898149
Gotcha, that makes more sense than a free hero unit.
>>
>>49898149
However I do believe you can use that model for any battalion that asks for a skink priest, same with abilities.
>>
>>49898570
Man, where is all this explained? Not in the "rulebook," surely.
>>
>>49898596
IDK where but I was explained to me when I was learning the game, keywords are static. So even if your giant dinosaur is a 7 inch tall model, it might only have the keyword "dwarf". Then for all rules purposes it is a dwarf, even if it's name is "Seraphon dinosaur definitely not a fucking dwarf"
>>
>>49898596
FAQ, I think.
>>
Are there any alternative models for tuskgors and razorgoes?
>>
>>49898035
No

You have the keyword "SKINK PRIEST" but you do not have the abilities of a Skink Priest model
>>
>>49889001

Necromancy defies the natural order of life, death, and decay. It is, hence, considered an affront to Grandfather Nurgle.
>>
Could someone with some free time mock up a human-sized model(brett, elf, etc) holding one of the sigmarine's bolterbows?

I kind of want to make some for-fun Sisters of Sigmar holding said bolterbows if it doesn't look too overized, but I have no reference for scale on them.
>>
>>49893133
Yes. I've read them.
When they say Short Story they ain't joking.
Hardly a read.
>>
>>49901474
Alternativly, a photo of a sigmarine bolterbow next to a spacemarine's boltgun would be useful as well as easier.
>>
So, I wrote up more fluff for my Roman-esque Khorne army.

http://pastebin.com/fvsW43fC

Modifying the SPQR from the end being Ruin to...

Sanguis Potentiaque Regno (Blood and Power of the Kingdom)

As we're basically dealing with a Roman Kingdom that never stopped being a Kingdom, but kept a lot of other trappings, with a Khornate twist.
>>
>>49902272
Roman stuff is underutilized.

I love to see it in a AoS version.

Good luck with the project, and keep us updated.
>>
I really want to try age of Sigmar but don't know where to begin. Does anyone know of something that'll let me try miniature painting without buying a ton of different things
>>
>>49894932
>>49894793
So what actually makes Ironjawz a worse version of Stormcast?
>>
>>49902387
You can just go to your LGS and ask about some newbie events. My LGS run one, where you can just come, try to paint one or two minis and run a demo game with small shop army
>>
>>49902409
Thanks
>>
I'm thinking about picking up some Sylvaneth because tree people are neat and I'll get to paint up some terrain that I can bring to every battle.

I like the spite revenants and a guy at my FLGS said the Kurnoth hunters with bows are wicked good. Beyond that, any tips?
>>
>>49902452
Paint them like Noise from The World Ends With You.
>>
>>49902374
Got so many brainstorm ideas up, like thinking of doing the Warshrine as literally being carrying a giant throne of skulls clad in brass, or something, and Mighty Skullcrushers riding, like, Gorebeasts and/or Razorgors or just other beasts in general.

Will keep you posted, gonna try to start gathering a few things for like a 'proof of concept' small unit and slowly build up.
>>
>>49902392
I'm pretty new, but it is a much more limited range than Stormcasts. We've only got 3 units and 4 hero kits, not even mentioning battalion warscrolls. Stormcasts have more tools in their toolbox.
>>
>>49902392
They play very similar and some of their units have mostly identical stalines.
- Liberators and 'ard boys
- Paladins and Brutes
- Dracothian Guard and Gore-Gruntas (in theory; in practice Gore-Gruntas are awful)
The thing is, Stormcast have a wider range of units and can cater to more playstlyes, not to mention have a very powerful ranged game and some fairly felxible heroes. Meanwhile, ironjawz are limited to beating faces or beating faces slightly harder. Their heroes and spells are also mostly about beating faces.
Nothing wrong with them, Ironjawz are good fun, but they know only one trick and that limits them quite a bit.
>>
>>49902156
>>49901474
The Stormcast crossbow is about the size of a Dwarf.

Like, not a Dwarf Crossbow, the entire Dwarf.
>>
>>49902574
Honestly, this is sort of why I want to see Beastmen get an update too, as I feel like they're some of the most diverse of the Chaos forces.
>>
Sylvaneth noob here again with a couple questions. I'm working off of d4 and some pdfs so I apologize if this is common sense stuff.

Can I take multiple of the same artefact or magical treasure assuming I have enough battalions and such?

Also, can multiple wizards take the same bonus spell? ie can I have two wizards with Verdant Blessing?

On the note of Verdant Blessing, it says I can place one Wyldwood. Wyldwoods consist of 1-3 citadel woods, so can I just choose how many to place?

Similarly, can treesong move all three woods in a single wyldwood, or is it a single "base" of woods?
>>
File: 1476212341459.jpg (91KB, 500x830px) Image search: [Google]
1476212341459.jpg
91KB, 500x830px
Guys, just wondering: when a Sylvaneth player has to set up a Sylvaneth wildwood, how many citadel woods do he has to use? According to the warscroll, a wildwood is "up to three citadel woods", but Isn't that a little too much? One seems the right to me, but I am unsure if gw clarified it somewhere.
Image unrelated
>>
>>49902963

If it says up to 3, he can place 0, 1, 2 or 3.
>>
File: editing.jpg (28KB, 460x346px) Image search: [Google]
editing.jpg
28KB, 460x346px
Do we have a Template of the warscrolls, to make our Leaders and custom stuff?
>>
>>49902963
>>49902941
Wow, same question twice in a little over a minute
>>
>>49902941
>Sylvaneth noob here again with a couple questions. I'm working off of d4 and some pdfs so I apologize if this is common sense stuff.
I forgive you

>Can I take multiple of the same artefact or magical treasure assuming I have enough battalions and such?
Not mentioned, so you can assume yes. Would be polite to see if your opponent is ok with it if you plan on reusing the same artefacts a lot.

>Also, can multiple wizards take the same bonus spell? ie can I have two wizards with Verdant Blessing?
Also not mentioned, so you can again, assume yes. Again, would be polite to make sure your opponent is ok with it, since some Sylvaneth spells are nasty if spammed.

>On the note of Verdant Blessing, it says I can place one Wyldwood. Wyldwoods consist of 1-3 citadel woods, so can I just choose how many to place?
However many you want, yes. Although, since you will be using spells to make more wyldwoods, I think it would be more polite to avoid going maximum size every time. Also, you will come to some situations where you can't fit more than 1 or 2 in without it breaking the minimum distance to scenery rule, or you will start to run out of models for the woods, which is why you get the choice.

>Similarly, can treesong move all three woods in a single wyldwood, or is it a single "base" of woods?
It moves the entire thing. Although a Wyldwood is made of 3 models, they count as a singlle Wyldwood. Strictly speaking, a scratch-built forest the size of 3 citadel forests would be legal for a Wyldwood.
>>
Building Seraphon.
Have 20 Sarus Warriors.
Is the start collecting box worth it and do I order more than one?
Where do I go from the first SC Box?
>>
>>49903062
That depends.

do you thpt or do you blep?
>>
How are Khorne Bloodbound and Skaven together?
>>
>>49903027
It's the spirit song that resonate through every Sylvaneth player, you cannot understand.

Also, putting 3 citadel woods for turn in a battle is ridiculous, it should be limited to 1 at least in pitched battles, also because the model is really expensive...
>>
>>49903113
I don't really know. I'm one of the few in my FLGS starting up AoS and this is my first time in the general, so I'm not even sure what you mean.
>>
>>49903136
A single citadel wood doesn't look all that amazing when you realise a Treelord barely fits in the thing
>>
>>49903117
Both are Chaos.
>>
>>49903062
Start collecting boxes are all a great value money wise. The price of the box is the exact same as the Carnosaur so all the other figs are basically "free". I don't think you need to buy two right away though.
>>
>>49903142
Try pronouncing them; they are lizardy tongue noises, anon.

Are you sure you're ready for this army?
>>
File: Change.png (334KB, 600x609px) Image search: [Google]
Change.png
334KB, 600x609px
>>49900799
>>49889001

>Nurgle
Upsets the balance of life and death, wholeness and decay
>Tzeentch
Death is unchanging and lacking flesh (Most mutations involve flesh-shaping, undead don't make good spawn, etc.)
>Slaanesh
Most dead minions have zero emotion, most Necromancers have already revealed their hidden wants and desires
>Khorne
Undead only 'bleed' embalming fluid/ichor and their skulls are considered worthless and offensive offerings (Just like Tyranids in 40k)

>Great Horned Rat / Skaven
Skaven, especially Clan Eshin have a history of combating Nagash and ruining his plans. Pestilens cannot spread their plagues easily when battling Undead, and zombies make poor experiments/slaves for Skryre/Moulder.

>Brayherds / Chaos Dwarves, Monsters, etc.
Presumably see Undead as any other enemy, however their main advantage over most Order factions is the fear they invoke, which doesn't work versus mindless undead.

Do these points seem accurate? Not that Chaos needs much of an excuse to fight anything.
>>
>>49903159
I ment how do the play together?

I have khorne bloodbound and kind of wanted to mix it with another race. Im leaning towards skaven, but how well do they play off one another

Should have clarified better
>>
>>49903531
>>49903117
Not at all. Skaven and Bloodbound both have no Keywords beyond Chaos (which is barely ever used) in common, both occupy a fairly similar general concept of play, i.e. buffing hordes of shitters supported by nasty beatsticks, and neither can do much to shore up the other's weaknesses.
The only place where Skaven and other chaos forces really gel is with Clan Pestilens and Nurgle.
>>
>>49903062
I feel like the question about the Seraphon Start Collecting box turns up once a thread, like clockwork.
Yes, they are good value. After the first box buy either a box of Saurus Knights or a Bastilodon. That brings you to 1k points, assuming you assemble them in a sensible manner.
>>
I want to keep a group below a certain number of people for fluff reasons. Should i count a chariot as being one (not counting the driver) or two people?
>>
>>49903830
Two, obviously. Unless the driver isn't people.
>>
>>49903747
The only synergy Bloodbound have is with other Khorne marked SoD units really. Theorectically you could use a Wargor banner with Bloodreavers and Ungor Raiders help fix up ranged issues but thats about it, I think.
>>
>>49903830
Two. Four chariots is just right for Khorne :P
>>
>>49903929
>Wargor banner with Bloodreavers
How does this work?
>>
>>49902963
You set up 1

The spell does not say you set up 1 warscroll, but rather 1 wood

A template with 3 trees is 1 Sylvaneth Wildwood
>>
>>49903019
http://runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/
>>
>>49905524
True but not comprehensively so.

from Verdant Blessing:
"Verdant Blessing has a casting value of 6. If successfully cast, set up a new Sylvaneth Wyldwood [...]"

From Wyldwood warscroll:
"A Sylvaneth Wyldwood is a terrain feature
consisting of up to three Citadel Woods placed
within 1" of each other"

Spell says place a wyldwood, NOT a citadel wood. Wydwood is specifically defined as one to three terrain templates.
>>
>>49880873
Your ward save is good against mortal wound spam, if he's running a spider List you should be good, just be careful of those riders and the big fucker.
>>
Do any armies in AoS play like Warmachine factions?

Are Wanderer's any good?
>>
>>49905786
To add to that the Treelord ancient ability says:

>you can set up a Sylvaneth Wyldwood. Each Citadel Wood must be placed within 15" of the Treelord Ancient, and not within 3" of any other models.

Which clears any remaining doubt.
>>
>>49905938
Which ability is this? I don't see it on the warscroll, but I'd be very pleased to find it.
>>
File: ss+(2016-10-22+at+08.43.55).jpg (299KB, 900x790px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-22+at+08.43.55).jpg
299KB, 900x790px
>>49906118
The Sylvaneth warscrolls on the website aren't updated with the changes the sylvaneth battletome did.
>>
>>49906182
Oh snap, is there a compilation of screenshots like that one?
>>
>>49906236
Download the Sylvaneth battletome in the OP. That's literally a screenshot of my copy I just did.
>>
>>49905932
The first question is rather unspecific. Elaborate, please.
As for the second question, yes, Wanderers are pretty good, but have a fairly high skill ceiling. Every mistake you make with them will hurt a lot and you have no fallbacks like bombastic resilience or huge hordes of guys to compensate for that. If you fuck up, things probably stay fucked up.
>>
>>49906558
Synergy based with a central spell caster with options.
>>
Did someone of you already play Gorechosen? If yes, how is it? Any pdfs of the rules and the gameplan out there?
>>
>>49906687
Well, most factions have a synergy-based playstyle and building around powerful spellcasters is fairly common. Right of the bat you'd have the god units like Nagash and Alarielle, but Slann and certain daemons can do that too.
>>
>>49906687
Every army has some form of Synergy with their characters. Problem is most spell casters only know 3 spells (the two generic spells, and their own spell).
Most of the buffs will come from a generals command ability, or some other special rule.

The Dwarfs work well as an army when you keep them focused around a couple of characters. A runesmith can give a unit better rend, while your general can make it so all your units have buffs to wound a certain enemy unit.
If you have some Longbeards around, they can use their special rule to give even more buffs to your allies, including letting non-general units use their command ability, so if you have two Warden Kings/Dwarf Lords, you can get buffs to wound on two different enemy units, or you can have your Runesmith use the generic command ability.

With the right buffs, a single unit of 10 Irondrakes will be able to decimate enemy units from 16" away.
>>
>>49903900
>>49903948
Yeah i was leaning towards two as well, was just trying to figure out if the driver would be important enough a person to count as being in the warband or if he's just a lackey.
>>
>>49906796
Didn't play yet but reviews are mainly very positive
>>
I hear Teclis is as OP now as in whfb? Is Tempest just that good? Anyone have any experiences with/against him?
>>
>>49904345
You see, Bloodreavers ability triggers off any CHAOS TOTEM, of which there are... like, four, I think? Wargor Standard Bearer, Exalted BSB, and Chaos Warshrine, and Bloodsecrator. Thus, in theory, one could say you could use a Wargor for that, if you also were, like, running Gors.
>>
>>49907757
Haven't played against him, but holy shit he is good. His only weakness is the fact that he is a soft 200 point hero but he tags shit 36 inches away and make select units useless. Due to how combat initiative is resolved, dictating what units can reach melee is incredibly powerful.
>>
>>49907757
On further thought, I want to put him in my freeguild list. I use Pistoliers and Demigryphs to vacuum units I shoot and threaten flanks; these guys often die late game to cover objectives or to chaff important units and I lose a lot of power projection. I was thinking adding more of these units to fix my lasting power, but this guy allows me to commit my cav on flanks and keep them alive by having this asshole hidden behind a Hurricanium slapping 36" tempests off 5's and applying mystic shields on any unit on the table.
>>
>>49907757
He is really good with phoenixes
>>
File: Gore-Gruntas.png (1003KB, 1021x707px) Image search: [Google]
Gore-Gruntas.png
1003KB, 1021x707px
>>49902574
>in practice Gore-Gruntas are awful
Shiet, that makes me sad. They look so neat and fluffy - I tought their mainly and only weakness is their save roll
>>
>>49906837
3 spells is enough if they're more than nukes.

>>49906558
Doesn't sound like a great starter army. I'll have to see if I can find another cheap one then.
>>
>>49908416
It's not just their save (though that is part of it), it' also their one special rule being mostly crap, their weapons being very meh for super-heavy cavalry and their cost being way over the top.
>>
>>49908165
>>49908270
>>49908347
Thanks! Any ideas what to run him with? Him and a loremaster seems like a good fit.
>>
>>49908515
Wanderers as a starting force are probably pretty iffy, yeah.
As always, I'd recommend looking into the Start Collecting boces, those are very reasonably priced and contain mostly lots of good and useful stuff.
>>
>>49908675
They don't seem to have any synergy between them, Teclis can't cast the loremaster's spell and the loremaster like babysitting behemoths. I see skornegy: hiding teclis behind a dragon early game and then having the loremaster make the dragon make it's points later in the match. I don't know jack shit about elves so I shouldn't be listened to closely too. Or are you attempting to keep lore'd up dragons and pheonix alive by slapping tempest on a counter swing unit?
>>
>>49908675
I prefer alarielle (old version on foot) for her heal D6 wounds spell, and a loremaster for his reroll all hits and wounds spell. Alarielle gets to cast 2 so she can mystic shield as well. Combine with your choice of the most killy character you can (dragons are best) get and youll do good.
>>
>>49905938
>3" of other models

Does this include scenery?
>>
>>49908784
To my knowledge it includes scenery
>>
File: MyWargamecom.jpg (73KB, 600x802px) Image search: [Google]
MyWargamecom.jpg
73KB, 600x802px
I NEED HELP.

I haven't played the game since 8th rolled out and killed everything I loved about 7th with massive infantry blocks.

I've got:
The silver tower box
5 Chaos Ogres
8 Chaos Trolls
Throgg
Gutrot Spume
Herald Of Nurgle
A grey seer
& some assorted Khorne blisters I picked up to use as Silver Tower heroes.

What should I add to make it a fieldable army?

Here's a cool Nagash kitbash for your efforts.
>>
>>49908784
scenery is a model, so yes
>>
>>49908784
While every other rule that place a wood specifies that must be x" away from both models and terrain I'd lean to the fact that this time they didn't include terrain as an oversight
>>
>>49905539
Awesome, thanks.
>>
>>49909814
Oh I've also got three chaos spawn and a cockatrice.
>>
>>49909895
terrain is a model
>>
>>49888549
Excellent work my friend!
>>
>>49909990
Citation necessary. And I just pointed out that every other rule that allows you to place woods specifies that it has to be away from both models and scenery/terrain features.
>>
>>49910076
Most rules use the word "unit", not "model".

We can assume "model" applies to both units or scenery for that reason.

Also because common sense dictates you can't grow a wood ontop of a house or something.
>>
>>49909990
>you can place one Sylvaneth Wyldwood anywhere on the battlefield that is more than 1" from any other piece of scenery.

>Verdant Blessing has a casting value of 6. If successfully cast, set up a new Sylvaneth Wyldwood anywhere within 18" of the caster that is not within 1" of any other model or terrain feature

>After resolving damage (if any), roll two dice and move the Wyldwood in any direction up to the distance rolled in inches. It cannot move within 3" of any enemy models or other terrain features.

>set up a new Sylvaneth Wyldwood anywhere within 5" of the bearer. The wood cannot be set up within 1" of any other models or terrain features.
>>
>>49910103
So basically you got no sources except your own assumpions?

I agree that's an oversight that they didn't include that the woods must be away from terrain features and you shouldn't abuse the rule to grow woods on top of towers, but the fact that terrain is a model is nowhere in the actual rules.
>>
>>49910113
warscrolls are inconsistent all the time

scenery pieces are models
>>
File: e8e[1].png (84KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
e8e[1].png
84KB, 600x587px
>>49910215
>>
>>49910142
So YOU have no sources except YOUR assumptions?

I think it is more reasonable to say scenery is a model than "lol, scenery isnt a model, I am putting my trees over your walls" don't you think?

Note that the examples in >>49910113 specify "other models or terrain feature" because the caster himself, or allied units CAN be in range of the effected woods, so they couldnt say "any other models"
>>
>>49910316
>specify "other models or terrain feature" because the caster himself, or allied units CAN be in range

Wait, so allied units aren't either models or terrain features? WTF are you smoking?
>>
I don't play Age of Sigmar but I have a question.

Is there an army of pretty basic humans I can use in normal D&D?
>>
>>49910316
>So YOU have no sources except YOUR assumptions?

Burden of proof is yours anon. It's you that are claiming that terrain are models. I just noted that it's the only ability that don't say both models and terrain features, and as I said that's probably an oversight.
>>
>>49910316
>they couldnt say "any other models"

>not within 1" of any other model
>within 3" of any enemy models
>cannot be set up within 1" of any other models

Are you even able to read?
>>
>>49910357
If the rules in those examples said "any other models", then your shit post would be correct.

However, they say "any enemy models or terrain", which.

In the case of "any other models", that means they can't be by allied models either.

I only brought up those examples because people were using them as proof terrain isn't a model ("All the other rules state terrain specifically, so that must mean it doesnt count as a model in that wording"), where as it actually proved the opposite.
>>
>>49910414
>If the rules in those examples said "any other models", then your shit post would be correct.

See >>49910409 you idiot. Two out of four of the example provided say exactly that thing.
>>
>>49910414
>In the case of "any other models", that means they can't be by allied models either.

There is a single ability out of five that apply to woods that restrict its movement or placement to enemy models. All the others say "any other model" including your models or it doesn't use the word model at all because in that case the wood is placed on the battlefield before any model can be set up.
>>
File: ss+(2016-10-23+at+02.46.07).jpg (16KB, 364x91px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-23+at+02.46.07).jpg
16KB, 364x91px
>>49910414
>>49910316
>>49910215
>>49910103

It's hilarious how you idiot or idiots are trying to argue something with badly reasoned argouments and without actually reading the quotes posted, resulting in you affirming that if the examples said what they actually said then your opponent would be right.

When all you needed to do was just open any warscroll about a piece of scenery.
>>
>>49909814
Assuming you aren't worried about battalion bonuses yet and just want something playable under the points system, you can use any/all of that stuff together if you like. The main issue is none of your stuff are "battleline" units. Effectively the "Core" or "Scoring" units of the game. You need a leader and 2-4 (Depending on points) Battlelines. Probably the easiest (And fluffiest for you) way to get set up would be to use Throgg or one of your Khrone dudes as a leader and then pick up 2+ ten man units of Chaos Warriors to serve as battleline units. You could then fill out your remaining points with whatever you like from the rest of your collection. 20 Chaos Warriors would be enough get you ready for 1000 point battles. You could also use Chaos Mauraders, but you'll probably need to buy more models since 10 man units of marauders aren't likely to get much done. Alternatively, you could build towards a Nurgle Daemon army and use you Herald and pick up 20 Plaguebearers.
>>
>>49910562
Thanks, that's really helpful.
I just want to get some shit on the table, so I'm gonna look at grabbing a box of chaos warriors, or some plaguebearers.
Whatever I can manage to get cheapest/in trade.

These Tanzaagors are awesome looking.
>>
>>49910562
How are bloodthirsters?
>>
>>49910897
Really killy, but also expensive. There are three different types to choose from too. The points stuff is new enough that I don't have a good answer for how worth they are since I don't play Daemons myself.

>>49910835
NP. Be sure to check out the General's Handbook link in the OP. That's the most important book to have access to as everything else is available for free or are just optional bonuses. It will help you plan out your army.
>>
>>49910379

Yes, look for either Empire or Free Guilds models
>>
>>49911771
Where's a good place to buy them?
>>
>>49912146
Ebay. Independent Shops that carry GW stuff. GE stores and the GE Online store.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer?Nu=product.repositoryId&Nao=0&N=102351+4294965215&qty=12&sorting=rec&view=table&categoryId=cat440002a-flat

If you aren't interested in playing AoS there are much better options for D&D minis though, such as Reaper minis.
https://www.reapermini.com/
>>
>>49912376
As much as I love Reaper, there are a bunch of GW minis that just blow everything else out of the water. (The Empire Wizard is a good example.)

RIP old gw
>>
>>49910379
>Is there an army of pretty basic humans I can use in normal D&D?
Just look through the Fireforge or Perry catalog for plastic kits.
You get twice as many models for the same money and they are just as good.
Probably even more in line with D&D in terms of style.

Foundry also has a really big catalog. Lots of old sculpts but some really beautiful stuff. Their range of Saxons is awesome for example.
>>
File: fire forge foot sergeants FS1.jpg (339KB, 950x650px) Image search: [Google]
fire forge foot sergeants FS1.jpg
339KB, 950x650px
>>49910379
>>49913373
Here's a picture.
You can get other stuff in plastic from warlord games and gripping beast too.
Not sure if Saga does plastic, but I think they do.

You can basically get anything from celts, romans, war of independce, ~14-15th century knights (perry) and ~13th century knights (fireforge) from all of the above.
>>
>>49910379
Foundry also has basically an time period you want, soldiers, civilians, pirates, animals and even some fantastical creatures.
Their undead are not currently in production afaik though.

Otherworld and Northstar miniatures are good places to look at for D&D miniatures too.
Northstar does a box of generic human soldiers and cultists for Frostgrave too. Soon they are gonna add a box of generic barbarians to that lineup.
>>
>>49887487
>>
>>49903221
Pretty spot on

As funny as it seems, it's probably because Necromancy breaks the larger cosmic cycle that the Chaos gods like to manage in their own niche.

Nagash, in particular, is hated by worshippers of Chaos because he places himself above all and his end game (if GW ever give him the limelight he needs) is to become God (capital G) and have his will rule over existence alone.
>>
>>49894848
I wonder how skaven would react if somebody just hugged them while screaming how cute they were.
>>
>>49913646
stab, stab, stab.
>>
>>49913790
Even if they were pinching their cheeks?
>>
>>49913808
of course. maybe they'd piss themselves doing it though.
>>
>>49909814
What brought you back to AoS mate?
>>
Yet another anon who want to jump into Lizardmen army.

I lurked OP link and found out that starter, skinks, warrior and starpriest gibs me exactly 1k points for into games. Should I stick to this and keep more big dinos for 2k games, or remove some warior/knights and put extra big dino?
>>
>>49910068
>>49889723
Thank you, anons.
>>
>>49915772
It's a matter of taste, either way works pretty well. I am partial to adding a box of saurus knights and taking a scar-veteran on carnosaurus instead of the old-blood.
Do be aware you don't need to buy the Starpriest. The Carnosaurus kit comes with a skink rider (for the alternate model, the Troglodon) that can be put on a base by itself to make a gorgeous priest.
>>
File: 02-883.jpg (56KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
02-883.jpg
56KB, 400x400px
Chaos archers when !?
>>
>>49915902
>you will never have chaos archers
>you will never have javelin thrower marauder on foot
>you will never have axe-throwers warriors
>we have an entire gigantic chaos fortress, and can't defend it
>>
>>49916006
It really doesn't make sense, either, as in the Old World, there where literally Chaos Horse Archers, and other archer cultures. No reason for there not to be Chaos foot archers, levies and all. Ungor Raiders are closest we get.
>>
>>49902387
GW stores let you paint a stormcast model n u get to keep it
>>
>>49915831
15 Knights seem devastating in small format, might think about it. And great idea with priest!
Thanks for tips.
>>
>>49902387
GW has a bunch of different starter sets. If you have an actual GW store nearby just go there and they'll tell you all about them. They'll even let you try your hand at painting right there for free if you like. Otherwise you can getstuff from GW's Online Store.

This set: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Stormcast-Eternals-Starter-Paint-Set-2016
has just a few paints a brush and 3 minis to try out. If you already have some super glue and a knife/clipper It's probably the cheapest way to dip in your toe.

If you can spend a bit more you might want to get this starter set:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Age-of-Sigmar-Citadel-Essentials-Set-USA
Along with one of these:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Easy-to-Build-Bloodbound-Blood-Warriors
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Easy-to-Build-Stormcast-Eternals-Liberators
That'll get you a bunch more paints, clippers (which are super handy for plastic minis), plastic glue (Generally superior to super glue for plastic minis), and let you choose between either the Stormcast or Khorne dudes.

One additional thing you may want is some primer. This isn't 100% essential, but it will make things a little easier to paint. They make specially made primers that are nice, but for your first attempts you can just get some flat white spraypaint for cheap and use that just fine. Just lightly spray it on before you paint your assembled model and you're good to go.

Either way that's probably the easiest way to get the bare essentials to try it out.
>>
File: 99590211005_InfernalFire1.jpg (26KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99590211005_InfernalFire1.jpg
26KB, 600x620px
>>49915902
Legion of Azgoth son. Chaos motherfucking dwarves.
>>
Has anybody here tried out Lizardmen/Seraphon in AoS? I'm wondering if they're still decent now that you need reinforcement points to summon in matched play. What units are considered good or bad in the faction?
>>
>>49917037
No, nobody has ever tried one of the most popular factions. Y'know, the one with nary a bad unit, gorgeous models and a ton of playstyles. Totally unheard of.
>>
>>49917132
Ah, I'm still unfamiliar with AoS's meta. What would unit types are considered good or bad from the faction? I have a guy willing to trade me some and he's got

2 Slann
2 Skink Priests
2 Saurus Heros
3 Stegadons
1 Carnasuar
120 Saurus Warriors
3 Salamander Hunting Packs
9 Terradons
32 Temple Guard
26 Kroxigor
11 Cold One Cavalry
175 Skinks
>>
>>49917037
Seraphon are still top tier, but they are falling behind the power curve with each new battletome release because they don't have proper allegiance traits/artifacts/treasures/spell lore.
>>
>>49917239
>no bastiladon
>>
>>49917239
Kroxigors, warriors, cavalry and skinks are kinda on the upper end of mediocre (and can be situational good), almost everything else is unconditionally good or great.
Temple Guard, Slann and the Carnosaurus are all phenomenal.
>>
>>49917600
You do need some Saurus/Skinks for battleline though.
>>
>>49917761
Sure. They are hardly bad, just not as amazing as the other choices. A mob of 20 warriors with spears will still be a daunting prospect to face.
>>
>>49916776
Men, are those some sexy models.
>>
File: 99020287015_BlackshardBundle03.jpg (36KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99020287015_BlackshardBundle03.jpg
36KB, 600x620px
>>49917801
Of course. They're Forgeworld.
>>
>>49915719
Played a couple quick matches with some friends I used to play WHFB with.

I was surprised that it was fun, and not at all the shitshow people have made it out to be.
>>
>>49917951
Ah yeah, the story told a thousand times, good to hear you enjoyed it. I wish more people would give it a chance...
>>
>>49918211
It's just a shame I sold my armies during 8th.
I mean, probably a good thing I sold the Tomb Kings, but sucks about the Vampire Counts and Chaos Dwarves.
>>
>>49918222
Well The newer AoS figs have been pretty sexy, and if you can build off of one or two of the "Start Collecting" boxes they're not too expensive either. Use it as an excuse to start a new army when something catches your eye. For me the General's Handbook fixed my major issues with the system and I love the Sylvaneth stuff so I jumped in. I still have my mostly 6th ed. era WHFB Druchii that I may rehabilitate when they get an AoS version, but it was fun to start fresh.
>>
>>49917822
There was two things I love to hate in all fantasy settings.

>Tree-hugging elves and shit.
>Dwarves

Damn Sylvaneth and Chaos Dwarves miniatures spoiled that for me.

I can't believe I'm actually thinking about buying that stuff.
>>
>>49917761
Saurus Guards are battleline and awesome.

In the end the +1 to save is for near heroes or for the unit if there is a heroes nearby?
>>
>>49918551
Generally assumed to be for the unit.
>>
>>49918211
>>49915719
Hello games workshop employee!
>>
>>49918423
>Dwarves
I think like you, but the main problem with darwes is that they usually get really shit and/or cartoon models, that added to the fact that they are literal midgets, makes their miniatures pretty shit, but when someone like the FW artist takes them seriously, they could shine.
>>
>>49919002
>Asking someone about their experience makes you a shill
>>
File: IMG_0938.jpg (68KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0938.jpg
68KB, 600x620px
Yeah these are really neat, hope there were more different models
Thread posts: 273
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.