[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 367
Thread images: 43

File: Best General.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Best General.png
1MB, 1024x768px
Black Ships Do Nothing Wrong Edition

>Rules (PDFs and EPUBs welcome, good luck)
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
File: 1476449050878.png (236KB, 1136x1582px) Image search: [Google]
1476449050878.png
236KB, 1136x1582px
First for tau-hate.
>>
Sanguinius deserved to die.
>>
>>49879801
>Hating on an army of TEQs
You really need to get out of this mentality that Tau are OP, anon
>>
>>49880106
>Army of TEQs

when did battlesuits get 2+ saves
>>
>>49880156
Have you been living under a rock? Are you actually unaware of the Riptide pasta?
>>
>>49880100
Horus did nothing wrong.
>>
>>49880100
Heretical chaosfag detected.
>>
Hey, what kind of terrain does everyone use? Do you have GW building that cost a arm and a leg or do you have crappy foam rocks that are surprisingly square shaped? What is your favorite type of terrain? Any cheap terrain kits you know about that you want to share?
>>
What's the verdict on new Chaos?
>>
>>49880378
>new
It's... The same as the old Chaos? I don't really know what you're talking about besides maybe the shift in aesthetics for CSM, from Evil Marines to gribbly mutants. I prefer the old look.

But I just got here. Did something happen that I don't know about?
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318/
>>
FORMATION: STEEL RAIN
3-6 Drop Pods

SPECIAL RULES
Drop pods taken as part of this formation have no transport capacity.
>>
File: whataretard.jpg (77KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
whataretard.jpg
77KB, 803x688px
>>49880523
>he doesn't even know the alleged purpose of Steel Rain
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-05-01-13-50-1.png (549KB, 1606x624px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-05-01-13-50-1.png
549KB, 1606x624px
So I want too run Old One Eye with my genestealer cult.

Tyranid allied detatchment with OOE as HAnis obvious. But what for troops, can i get away with saying they just managed to get there hands on some gaunts to?

Don't really want too take tyranid genesteslers to avoid confusion with my genecult stealers.
>>
>>49880487
Traitor's Hate? I haven't read it yet, but it's a new Chaos book.
>>
>>49880541
SPECIAL RULES
Drop pods taken as part of this formation may only deep strike into your own deployment zone.

At the beginning of any turn after a drop pod from this formation has arrived, you may elect to have all your reserved units arrive automatically instead of rolling from reserves. If you do, measure movement from the drop pods rather than any table edge.
>>
>>49880720
Oh.

It's considered strictly inferior to Angels of Death. The formations are neat, but mostly shit. Psychic powers are a nice grab though.
>>
>>49880523
>special rules
>when a unit from this formation arrives from deepstrike reserve, every enemy model suffers a S10 AP2 hit.
>>
File: 99800101050_GabrielSethNEW_01.jpg (37KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99800101050_GabrielSethNEW_01.jpg
37KB, 600x620px
So I am thinking about starting a second army because of this glorious fucker.Has anyone played flesh tears before?
>>
>>49880749

I've been thinking about grabbing a Lost and the Damned formation for my Daemons, actually. Maybe take the decurion or something. I have fluff ideas for it.
>>
>>49880100
YA FUCKING CHEEKY CUNT IM COMING AT YOU I HOPE YER FUCKIN READ CUZ I GOT A POWER SWORD AND IM S5, I5 (one of the many benefits of being part of the best marine chapter)
>>
>>49880732
Didn't Dawn of War do something like this?
>>
>>49880732
They had HOW many land raiders on that droppod?
>>
>>49880878
DoW2 makes them into reinforce points.
>>
>>49880593
Use a big spore?
>>
>>49880907
They are T3, i could make some suicide bomber cultsists.

Or is that going a bit too far?
>>
>>49880971
If you attach them to balloons so they're more of a joke then I'm sure you'd get approval from everyone

Unless you put turbans on them or something...
>>
>>49880982
>Unless you put turbans on them or something
I w as thinking just taking some neophyte minis and strapping a bunch of demo charges too them. With a lampost or something tall on the base for correct LoS stuff.
>>
>>49880821
I use the Flesh Tearers strike force from Baal that is basically a CAD with only one troop requirement.

I use Drop Dreads and Assault Death Company with two quick Predators.

My list has been fun but against the better players they have to tone down their army lest I get ran over.

Only been playing for 6 months though so there is that.
>>
>>49881036
The big spores can charge flying stuff so you might wanna make them jumping or something
But it does sound like a great conversion idea
>>
>>49880282
>forcing your shitty meme
wew
>>
>>49881090
Butthurt Taufag detected
>>
>>49881104
>sniffs
Wrong.
>>
DoW 3 faction themes just got released.

Space marines:
https://youtu.be/Mw6L6uuBjDU

Eldar:
https://youtu.be/NxHIYDxYkBs

Orkz:
https://youtu.be/LUwDVuAfxHY

I feel that they're a bit lacking in flavor. Ork one is alright, but the eldar and marine ones feel extremely generic.
>>
>>49881071
How is Gabe on the table?
>>
>>49881149
The Eldar theme sounds like something from Dust: An Elysian Tail.
>>
File: five whole funs.png (92KB, 235x364px) Image search: [Google]
five whole funs.png
92KB, 235x364px
c-could i play a game with nothing but these
>>
>>49881225
What you have there Anon is 30 points' worth of models.

You could play a game but the point count is so low it's essentually a theorycraft deathmatch put onto the table.

Now if you bought that pack ten times over we might have something to talk about.
>>
>paint a squad of warp talons
>hyped as fuck to use them
>play with friends later
>they land perfectly from warpflame strike and blind a squad of space marines
>ohboyherewego.jpeg
>roll 15 dice
>after calculation
>only one space marine in a squad of seven die
>"t-thats okay I guess."
>friend shoots rocket at a killa kan
>it misses
>lands right on my warp talons
>most of them don't survive the blast
>the surviving warp talon is beaten to death by a squad of blind space marines

Hhhhhhh
>>
>>49881243
He should use the Wraithguard statline, and forge the narrative by saying they just happen to be extremely skilled, extremely tough, extremely well-armed members of the Imperial Guard.
>>
>>49881225
Buy 5 of those and a normal box of cadians and play kill team.
>>
>>49881167
Never used him but Dante got in three games before I realized he wasn't good enough for his points.
>>
Is it wrong that I want to take a Tzeentch Bio sorc with a Jump pack and Tzeentch raptors?
>>
>>49881281
I'm pretty sure there's not a player alive who would agree to play kill team against that.
>>
>>49881225
No, sergeants and officers can't take lasguns, so you'll need at least a few of those guys.
>>
>>49881314
Six Wraithguard clock in at just shy of 200 points, Anon.

And are rather shit because they are slow and have literally flamer-range guns that will total a single model if they even hit with their one shot.

You can literally play around them. Even if bolters wound on 6s, they can only make so many 3+ saves, and the good old ML will kill them on 2+ no questions asked.
>>
>>49881259
>2016
>CSM are shit

Who knew?
>>
>>49881259
Always sucks to get bad dice.
>>
I could use help with my Blood Angels army.

Dark Angels and Dark Eldar have been kicking my ass and they are the only people I know that play so it kind of sucks.

Here is my 1250pt CAD:

Death Company Chaplain (125pts)
>Inferno Pistol, Jump Pack
Sanguinary Priest (85pts)
>Combi-Flamer, Jump pack
Tactical Squad (185pts)
>5 Marines, Grav Gun, Combi, Grav, Razorback w/ TL LasCannon and Dozer Blade
Scout Squad (70pts)
>5 Marines, Camo Cloaks, Sniper Rifles
Death Company Squad (295pts)
>10x Death Company Marine, 5x Bolter, 2x Hand Flamer, 3x Infernus Pistol, Jump Pack
Furioso Dreadnought (170pts)
>Blood Talons, Magna-grapple, Drop Pod w/ Storm Bolter
Bike Squad (103pts)
>2 Grav Gun, Combi-Grav
Bike Squad (103pts)
>2 Grav Gun, Combi-Grav
Baal Predator (125pts)
>Dozer Blade, Storm bolter, Twin-linked Assault Cannon
>>
>>49881076
nah those are the FW big spores thay are still fast attack.

the GW even bigger troop spores can't do anything to flyers.
>>
Is it wrong to take nothing but frag cannons?
>>
>>49881149
I'm with you on that, I'm pretty alright with the space marines one, though I wouldn't mind more of a prayer/marching theme quality to it

I honestly cant reconcile the ideas of eldar and drums together in my head

The ork one seems like it ought to feel more... disorganized
>>
>>49881438
Enjoy fielding five squads of five dudes at 1500 points with no support.
>>
File: BR009_AngelsBlade_DeathCompany.jpg (2MB, 2111x1583px) Image search: [Google]
BR009_AngelsBlade_DeathCompany.jpg
2MB, 2111x1583px
>>49881286
Probably the beatiest of all Space Marine Beatsticks.

Not worth his points.

You disgust me.
>>
>>49881438
Just make sure to stick them in drop pods for balanced fun
>>
File: 6727548361_a850d67b18_o.jpg (3MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
6727548361_a850d67b18_o.jpg
3MB, 3872x2592px
>>49880821
I play Flesh Tearers.

Gabriel Seth kinda sucks since he can't buy a jet pack. This makes it hard to get him in combat. He's also relatively fragile at T4 W4 3+/4++ with no EW.

Make no mistake, he will MULCH just about anything he charges but actually getting to charge anything is a rarity since the enemy will steer clear around him and laugh as he waddles angrily their way.

The Flesh Tearers Strike Force is a good alternative to Baal Strike Force. Only 1 HQ, 1 Troop, and 1 Fast Attack required. It also has more Fast Attacks slots but 1 less Elite slot compared to Baal Strike Force.

As for bonuses, you don't get the bonus to Initiative but for any Charge roll of 10 inches or more (you just have to roll 10 or more, not charge 10 more inches or more) your dudes get Rage. Can be nice for piling attacks onto mobs you already out-initiative, but hurts when fighting MEQ since you no longer strike first.

You also get a Warlord Trait reroll when rolling on the Flesh Tearers Warlord Trait Table:
>1. Warlord AND unit get Hatred
>2. Rampage
>3. Warlord AND unit have HoW
>4. All Friendly Units within 12" of Warlord have Crusader
>5. Warlord AND unit get Rage
>6. Feel No Pain

Relics are OK at best, but you can take BA relics in addition to the Flesh Tearers only ones.
>Bones of Baelsor (15) (Any Dreadnought) Extra Armor and cannot be penned by Tyranid Bio-Plasma or Venom Cannons
>Slayer's Wrath (10) (Replaces any BG or BP) BG with Mastercrafted and Poisoned (2+)
>Shield of Cretacia (5) (Replaces Power Armor) Poison USR no longer affects model

Flesh Tearers also have some good formations. Check out the "Defenders of the Cathedrum."

Nothing OP but not a bad bonus for the units you have to take.
>>
>>49881469
So in other words, Deathwatch.
>>
Are Wulfen really that scary?

Yes, they have FNP and you can load up on storm shields but they still have a 4+ armor save.

Doesn't seem too scary or difficult to gun down at range.

Also they are bulky so they either footslog or ride in a storm wolf or land raider. Quite a lot of points to spend on one good assault unit.
>>
File: image.png (147KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
147KB, 640x1136px
>>49881422
These ones?
From the shield of Baal book?
>>
>>49879801
>Arrogant fanbase for a shit faction
>Everyone hates them except their supporters, no middle ground
>Fans constantly shitpost
Are the Tau the Dallas Cowboys of 40k?
>>
>>49881532
Would you play against me if I used 15 piranhas?
>>
>>49881519
Have you seen the table?
With the formation you can manipulate a thunderwolf squad to double move turn 1 and if your opponent is unawares then they are going to have a bad time
>>
>>49881149
I just want to see ork gameplay so I can 100% make up my mind about whether or not I wanna get this game. Admittedly the ork theme is pretty decent, but the other two are rather boring.
>>
>>49881517
Frag cannons are pretty much their most expensive piece of wargear aside from stupid shit like CCWs. Veterans are already not durable but if you really want to overload them with points like that you're going to end up with an army that literally cannot score because it has too few models. You'd play to table as much of the enemy as possible and even with fragspam that's going to be difficult.
>>
>>49881327
Pisses me off they took away sergeant's option to swap to them
If only because it means you HAVE to count them separately instead of just looking at a squad of 10 guys and instantly knowing how many shots to make
>>
Not sure why everyone is so worried about TWC.

T5 2W 3++ at BEST

Just keep shooting them. They go down. Alternatively, MSU Death Company. They can avoid one squad but they can't avoid them all and a DC squad re-rolling hits and wounds on 30 dice is going to kill some puppies.
>>
>>49881519
They are a VERY good assault unit.
They can strike at their native Initiative with TH+SS on the charge and get to attack even if they die before you get to their Initiative step.

They also buff your army just by having them on the table and can buff your other Assaults to a stupid degree.

TL;DR: They are a rather large force multiplier as well as being a good Assault unit by themselves
>>
>>49881381
>5 Marines, Grav Gun, Combi, Grav, Razorback w/ TL LasCannon and Dozer Blade
They have to get out to fire, if they do they can't make best use of their salvo weapons without sitting there like idiots for a turn.

>Baal Predator
125pts for a single assault cannon that can't even charge in to combat like a dreadnought can.

>death company, HQs and weapons
From what I remember the priest doesn't improve FnP and the death company already have FnP meaning you're paying a ton of points for +1 WS.
Inferno pistols and hands flamers should be thrown on as "extras", not your main staple, you're just paying more for worse versions of the weapons. Also, that squad has no melee AP2 or high strength weaponry so it's fucked against dreadnoughts/2+ saves/monsters.

>dreadnought
A ton of points for what is most likely only going to fire the melta once before being shot off the board.

Changes I would make would be...
Furioso swapping his storm bolter fist with a frag cannon for a melta gun and a brutal rending template when he comes down, magna grapple optional but no other upgrades.

Split the death company in to two squads, 3 bolters and 2 hand flamers in one for light infantry hunting and objective grabbing, 3 inferno pistols and two bolters with the chappy for actual work.

Give the predator bolter sponsons and have it sit still and dakka down their transports.

Swap the grav on the tacticals for a heavy flamer and put the priest with them, swap the combi-weapons for combi-meltas for versatility.

Maybe even just drop the priest all together, I'm not sure what other models you have.
>>
>>49881657
This unit has almost singlehandedly undone ALL the restrictions GW has been heaping on assault units since the start of 6th ed
>>
>>49881657
I feel like that death frenzy or whatever it's called would make a great formation or detachment bonus for Orks. That would be waaaay better than bunk-ass hammer of wrath.
>>
>>49881650
TWC go down but they're quite tough for what you get.

For 5 points more than a 5 man DC squad with Jump Packs you get +1S, +1T, 4 Attacks (so only 1 less than Charging Death Company get with 2 CC weapons), 1 more wound in total (3x2 vs 5x1) and fucking Rending.

DC have Fearless and FnP over TWC, but that's really it. They can also be made Jump Infantry which can be better than Cavalry on some boards, but it's a relatively minor difference.

The only major advantage I can think of is the that DC can get Red Thirst to out-Initiative TWC, but that would only come into effect if the DC were on the charge. Situational, but not to be ignored.

>>49881740
I'm not saying that they shouldn't be as good as they are, quite the opposite in fact.

I just wish the rest of the melee units would be brought up to their level (or at least made somewhat viable outside of deathstars).

>>49881811
>Orks getting Death Frenzy
I mean that would work, but why don't we fix the problem once and for all by making Orks I3
>>
>>49881600
Way I see it DW are expensive all over so may as well take it to it's logical conclusion, I knew what I was getting into when I picked up the codex. But in reality I can't afford sixteen (!) Boxes of veterans just to get a few cannons.
>>
Any good army to get started ?
I played Warhammer a lot and want to get in 40k.
I would love an army with few but elite and bulking kinda .
Money isnt a problem
>>
>>49881886
I like them being I2, they just need to be more survivable.

Racial FNP imo.
>>
Might be a dumb question, but I have 100 spare points in a list, should I add a lame Assault Squad or a pimped Razorback?
>>
>>49881965
Imperial Knights
>>
>>49880156
Are you actually retarded?
>>
Guys, guys. What if GW made Orks and CSM battle brothers. Berserkers in battle wagons with a lucky still warboss (not from deployment though, thanks FAQ), sorcerers casting invisibility on 30 boyz blobs, mutilators in a 'naut :^)
>>
>>49882040
this kills the lorefag
>>
>>49881965
>I would love an army with few but elite and bulking kinda .

Grey Knights are fairly elite or you could look into Deathwing.
>>
>>49881965
What >>49882014 said. 2000 games are fewer than 1500, but you'll spend around 820 quid for a 6 fucking model army.

Or you could play Malifaux.
>>
>>49881965
Low model count?
Grey Knights, imperial Knights, Death Star armies like space wolves and sorcerer bombs are generally that way
>>
>>49882063
Fairly elite, but not nearly powerful enough to make up for having such a low model count.
>>
How big is a Brass Scorpion compared to a Defiler? I got some oldschool ones as part of a collection, and while Epic has no consistant scale, they look about Defiler sizer.
>>
>>49881995
Hmm, that could work.
Personally, I'd like it if charges innately gave you an Initiative bonus instead of an attack bonus. It'd make charging a unit that strikes just slightly before much more attractive. I think it would make the entire Assault Phase a lot less static and predictable.

>>49881965
>I would love an army with few but elite and bulking kinda .
>Money isnt a problem
Deathwatch, Grey Knights, Cult Mechanicus, Officio Assassinorum, and Harlequins all fit the theme of "few models but each one is very elite" to varying degrees.

Imperial Knights and Renegade Knights also fit that description but no one will play you.

You can also just run Elite heavy lists as most armies.
>>
>>49882084
Pure Ravenwing with AP2 spam can.

Most "low model counts" aren't good.
>>
>>49882062

I don't know, I recall Orks practically being allies with Shon'tu to the point he allowed them and their machines of war onto his warship in Sentinels of Terra.
>>
>>49881965
What do you mean few but elite and bulking?

Grey knights are elite are bigger than human but end up being surprisingly fragile.
Space marines are elite and pretty huge, I love blood angels because with all the melee bonuses they get they get to shit all over other space marines on the charge.
Imperial knights if you just want to go full retard.
Harlequins are one of THE elite factions.
Technically tau because of their giant battle suit armies.
>>
>>49881526
yes those ones and damn i was wrong.

i dunno i still have some death company sprues from deathstorm. maybe just hive each a jet pack.

or i just don't use that ability. I'm already going to be allying in a hydra for AA.
>>
>>49881965

Another quick question : is it possible to run only some kind of unit , or do you have mandatory infantry kinda thing ?
like would it be ok to run a full wolves cavalry army rule wise ?
>>
File: Warhammer Hellions2.jpg (234KB, 1252x876px) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer Hellions2.jpg
234KB, 1252x876px
Which is worst,

Being captured alive by the Dark Eldar or being captured by Chaos Space Marines and taken into the eye of terror? I want to say Dark Eldar but don't they use your soul for "fuel" while Chaos will ultimately sacrifice you and your soul will be raped in the wrap until the last star burns out.
>>
>>49882155
It's unknown if human souls even perceive what happens to them in the Warp, if that is indeed what happens anyway it probably is

Meanwhile the DEldar feed off of pain, not soul essence. They will torture you for fun and if you die they capture your soul and bring you back just to torture you again. At least the CSM have a purpose and will get it over with faster.
>>
>>49882151
>is it possible to run only some kind of unit , or do you have mandatory infantry kinda thing ?
generally yes, several kinds of detatchments have mandatory infantry but not all.

>like would it be ok to run a full wolves cavalry army rule wise ?
at the very least you can do it as an unbound army. There may be a thunderwolf cavalry formation you can take multiple times. check the codex and supplements
>>
>>49882155
Not gonna lie, youre just fucked either way. Dark Eldar basically spawned one of the Chaos Gods, so really their isn't too much difference in the long run. Either one is going to torture your body, sanity and soul till they get bored and go get another.
>>
Made my own Master of Ordinance. Y/N?
>>
File: Skoraen.jpg (55KB, 405x357px) Image search: [Google]
Skoraen.jpg
55KB, 405x357px
>>49882101
Oh god no pls, I'm getting flashbacks
>friend asks me if I wanna play a game of 40k against him
>I agree
>Make a semi-decent BA list on the spot with the models I have with me
>It's still easily low-tier but w/e, this should be a fun and friendly game
>put my guys on the table and glance over to his side
>there's a fuckton of cardboard cutouts roughly the same shape as a bikes base
>"I hope you don't mind if a proxy a little"
>by a little he meant literally all of his army
>next to his "bikes" are some more cutouts of a different shape
>"those are my dark shrouds"
>turns out all he brought were Ravenwing Black Knights and Dark Shrouds
>the way he deployed left nothing without a 2+ rerollable cover save
>get table's turn 2
I had nothing that Ignored Cover besides my melee attacks. Needless to say those weren't too successful since I had to get past a wall of TLed Plasma Guns to hit him.

He tried doing the same shit in a later game but I had a Fragioso in a Drop Pod come down turn 1 and pop 3 Dark Shrouds with it's Frag Cannon and Meltagun.
>>
>>49882220
Looks pretty decent.
That vox on his back is from the Scion kit, right?
>>
>>49882240
Yep. Fancy guns need fancy phones
>>
>>49882235
>>"I hope you don't mind if a proxy a little"

Proxyfags are cancer of the purest form. I don't mind people swapping weapons out so long as they make it clear during deployment ("These lascannons are Heavy Bolters, I don't want to go out and by another whole Devastator squad just because I'm playing against Tyranids today") but people who sub in spare bases or cardboard cutouts or whatever the hell need to be shamed out of the hobby.
>>
File: p4ZBg3V[1].jpg (186KB, 965x627px) Image search: [Google]
p4ZBg3V[1].jpg
186KB, 965x627px
Imperial Knight vs Wraithknight, what's the usual match up for these two ?
>>
>>49882284
The Imperial Knight loses combat because of I4. It might have a chance if the WK doesn't have a sword.

Most of its guns have difficulty wounding WK while it would just give the IK the D unless it took the suncannon but who would actually do that?
>>
>>49882281
I don't mind if someone proxies something once or twice, just to know how it works on the table before dropping the cash.

But if they're always proxying shit, then fuck them.
>>
>>49882155
As stated i think you're fucked either way. That said, if you want to factor all the pros and cons, Wrap Torture >>>>> Physcial Toture. The wrap has the emotional weight of the entire fucking universe to fuck you up. Also at the very least there's an insignificant nothing micro chance the Dark Eldar will fall eventually. There's no chance of taking back the eye of terror.
>>
>>49882380
>Also at the very least there's an insignificant nothing micro chance the Dark Eldar will fall eventually
Yeah, when Khaine's Gate opens and Commoragh is dragged... Straight into the Warp.

You're turbofucked either way, there's no denying that.
>>
>want to ally CSM to my Tzeentch daemons
>cant because I have to wait for next CoW

God damn it.
>>
>>49882281
To be fair, me and him are both poorfags.
I don't think either of us minded when someone proxied something before they went out to buy it.

As long as I can tell what the proxy is and remember it throughout the game I generally don't care if you proxy. It also helps if the model is the same size as the the proxy you're using but as long as its somewhat similar I don't mind.

I have fond memories of playing against entirely carboard and bottlecap guard. All the coke caps were normal lasgun mooks, the pepsi caps were vox dudes, the crush were special weapons, etc.

It was a real fun time.
>>
File: unknown.png (552KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
552KB, 720x540px
I have a rules question.

So in pic related, you will see red team and blue team. Blue team wants to assault red team and show them what for BUT red team has formed a picket line and wont let them up.

Red team argues that since you cannot move your guys into base contact then you cannot technically assault.

Blue team argues against this.

What is the right call? Can blue going under and around them, do you "pretend" they made it, how does this instance work?
>>
>>49882560
Fairly sure you can pass under the terrain as vertical movement. So they could enter combat behind.

Also red dude is a fucking asshat. I would've packed up there.
>>
>>49882560
I had the same problem with skysheild landing pads. We didn't know what to do so I said lower the flaps as needed, they stand on them, but only one row of guys could fight. Still count the 4++ for shooting. Still made them jump, and do fall damg if they ran away.

Opponent was ok with it because it stopped my blob squad from shooting, that was a goal anyway.

I think a single row of guys jumping up with out a pile in is how I'd resolve it again.
>>
>>49882560

I had a similar issue with ruins the other day.

How does one shoot a flamer through a window? Like, if the squad is in range and visible, but the template has to pass through it, wtf do you do?
>>
>>49882659
Flamers ignore cover :^)
>>
I think the Cities of Death Supplement in the Megaupload address these issues
>>
>>49882659
I had a similar issue with a Wraithknight trying to attack a CCS ontop of an Imperial Bastion (as terrain not as a fort.) He couldnt get base to base. What do?
>>
>>49882659
I say if your touching the wall like Manning it as a barricade, just sorta putting the short end of the templet as close as possible to the window is the best case scenario.

If it's the fat end being blocked... I'd say just leave it to LoS, or if you want maybe just give the the guys on the other side of the wall the cover save and any LoS guys no cover.
>>
>>49882659
Visible models that would be under the template (put it on to of the building to judge) are hit.
>>
>>49882281
I haven't finished my special weapons troopers yet. So I proxy flamers, meltas, and plasma with guardsmen throwing grenades.

Because, you know, incindiary grenades!
>>
>>49882623
at the very least the blue guys can go sround by going out the lower windows then up and in through the upper windows. it won't even be that far. a roll of like a 5 will get at least one guy in and the rest can back him up from underneath if need be.

>>49882627
there's a 6 inch vertical range on being close enough to another model in base contact with the enemy to get attacks.
More than just one rank would get attacks
>>
>>49882560
You still legally charge them and enter combat. The basic logic is that the models are representative and the combat is constantly moving and the models would be closer together in a melee than the bases allow. You just use the vertical rules, so 3" per floor and add the -2 for terrain.

>>49882659
If you can place the template through a window, its all good, if it has to pass through a wall and you aren't using grey knights, it doesn't work. The levels of the building are considered irrelevant
>>
>>49882716
I'd personally be more ok with count-asing the granade launcher, cus its atleast easier to see as the special weapon guy and that he doesn't have a lasgun in his other hand.
>>
>>49882723
>if it has to pass through a wall and you aren't using grey knights, it doesn't work
GK can't do this anymore. Have you even played since the beginning of 7th?
Because now all SM can do it and they get Ignore Cover built into the power rather than the opponent getting a cover save built it
>>
>>49882701
You hld the template above the ruin the best you can and look down. Both players should do so, and if possible, have a third person do so as well. Between the two or three of you, you should be able to reach a consensus.

Also, no Cover saves against Templates. Ever. that would set a bad precedent. Never open Pandora's Box.
>>
File: vsBA.png (80KB, 676x1677px) Image search: [Google]
vsBA.png
80KB, 676x1677px
Might be playing against Blood Angels soon, how does my list look? The BA player will be running the Death Company decurion with the Terminator formation as his aux. I kinda wish I had more Crisis suits to fill out points instead of upgrades.
>>
>>49882754
I just give the benefit of the doubt and give a small gimme to my opponents to make things move smoother.

>FORGE THE NARITIVE
>>
>>49882284
IK usually loses the match-up despite costing more.

If the WK has a sword then it beats the IK due to I5, if it has two heavy wraithcannons then it Ds the IK at range.
>>
>>49882799

Anon who asked the question here, and I did give it to my opponent and just fired another weapon (it was from an exalted flamer). That squad charged me the following turn and started the loss of the game for me because I decided to take it easy on him since he likes to bitch a lot.
>>
Talking about ruins and such, local sister player refuses to believe if two different units in ruins shoot at each other, that they get a cover save. Hes wrong, right?
>>
>>49882784
Edit your battle lists shorter and better.

>Basic tau list I'd dislike fighting, but will do well.
>>
>>49882826
He's wrong but he shouldn't be.
Cover should work more like area terrain did really. And MCs should be treated like vehicles for it too.
>one toe in cover, etc.
>>
>>49882313

>Most of its guns have difficulty wounding WK

What about the ones with the twin battlecannon and or avenger cannon, melta guns and the storm spear?
>>
>>49882848
>Cover should work more like area terrain did really
it still does. theres just no rule named area terrain any more. it's now specific rules for craters or forest or ruins or whatever.
>>
>>49882828
>shorter and better

But those picture lists from that online list generator add much more meaningless clutter?
>>
>>49882818
>playing with people who bitch a lot

I seriously don't understand this. Do they force you to play the game or something? If an opponent is a poor sportsman or bitches about everything why would you ever play with them? Surely the game can't be fun.

>>49882867
>Battle cannon
Two shots, wound on 4+, it gets invulnerable save and FNP

>Avenger
Not bad but you're relying on Rending, not that reliable

>Meltagun
If it's in range melee is about to happen and you will probably lose

>Thermal cannon
One wound, same problem as battle cannon

>Stormspear
Alright but still allows inv/FNP, if you have multiple Knight with these you can focus a WK down I guess.
>>
>>49882066
As a malifaux player, I run knights primary. It's fun.
>>
>>49882220
The lighting makes it look like he's lifting a dumbbell up to his ear, but it looks pretty cool anon
>>
>>49882893

He's one of the only consistent opponents I can find, and I've known him for a long time. Unfortunately, he's a sperg who complains about everything. For example, I was playing tzeentch daemons that game, no summoning, just Tzeentch powers with Divination on my Herald.

First thing that happens is he complains about. I warlord table and how most of them are game breaking. Then he complained about the number of power dice I had (which is arguably valid), then he complained about Flickering Fire from my Herald squad being 6/4.

Idk. I just want to play, and he is usually up to play.
>>
>>49882893
if the wraithknight is getting an invulnerable save then it doesn't have the D guns and you can play the ranged game pulling back for a few turns
needing 6s too wound isn't too big a problem with 12 shots.
>>
>>49883025
>12 shots
>8 hits
>1.3 rends
>0.86 wounds after FNP
It's a pretty big problem. Also Skathach can have a shield and a gun, one of which is a rapid fire melta that will shred the Knight.
>>
>>49881225
I mean, I suppose you could ask your opponent for a 30 point Kill Team game? I'd try it.
>>
What's a good ratio of marines to daemons in a Khorne Daemonkin army? Also, would I be cutting my own legs off using regular CSMs instead of Berserkers?
>>
>>49882747
I honestly try to forget the special marine powers exist. Luckily most people I've encountered don't use them and my buddy who plays GKs doesn't tend to use the psyflamer guys any more.
>>
>>49883064
Make the wraithknight 400 pts at least, and I4 to be in line with other wraith units.
And I'm saying this as an eldar player.
>>
>>49883136
You could even go further and make all super-heavies/ gargantuans like twice as expensive. Make it a real hard decision as to whether or not they should be taken.
>>
>>49883209
>Baneblades now cost over 1000 points
Yeah no. How about we just balance the OP superheavies rather than nerfing all of them to oblivion just to make the Wraithknight more balanced? I say Wraithknight specifically because even Imperial Knights, arguably some of the most point-efficient superheavies around (excepting the Wraithknight itself, obviously) would never see use if they were 700+ a model.
>>
File: daorklife.jpg (83KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
daorklife.jpg
83KB, 500x500px
>>49880781
I know this is a joke but I wouldn't even be surprised to see a similar formation with S4 AP5 instead at this point.
>>
>>49883242
That just sounds like a good thing to me. Let's beat them back into antiquity. 800 point Wraithknights & Knights.
>>
>>49883242
the imperial knight is costed fine.
its a only an issue when there's like 4 of them
But thats the general problem with most spam only one kind of unit armies like say 8 flyrants or 10 russes.
>>
>>49883209
my stompa says you can eat shit
>>
File: 1465273125291.gif (8MB, 453x255px) Image search: [Google]
1465273125291.gif
8MB, 453x255px
>>49882284
dawn of war 3 intro played this out pretty good, one on one a knight can't beat a wraithknight
>>
building these DV tacs is making me want to start a DA force on the side.

Please convince me this is a dumb idea
>>
>>49882560
Obviously you can't assault I mean think if this were real
would red actually just let blue come up there to get into CC
>>
>>49883416
well you already have them. the DV box is like 800 points of an army. you could get away with just that as an allied detatchment.
>>
>>49883242

I'd rather them just lower the price on a lot of the older ones.

Starting with the Stompa.

400-450 points for both the regular one and the Big Mek one given there isn't really a difference between them.
>>
>>49883436
I kind of chopped up most of the terminators and the two characters for conversions

but I still have the bikers and tacs, and a sweet terminator chaplain I converted from an AoS model I picked up for cheap.

Might have an old rhino laying around I could strip too.
>>
>>49883427
how are they going to not let them

it's not like the blue guys are going to ask permission and honour a no answer.
>>
File: 1445766438576[1].png (2MB, 978x1305px) Image search: [Google]
1445766438576[1].png
2MB, 978x1305px
Does a Dedicated Transport count as a Unit?
>>
>>49883493
Yes.
>>
>>49883493

>that formation

Wtf. I would love to have that shit for my Sisters.
>>
>>49883493
yes. they're a seperate unit too the unit they're bought for.
they have the same battlefield role( so a tac marines rhino is a troops unit but a sternguards rhino is an elite)
>>
New player here with a few questions about playing space marines and setting up a list, anyone wanna hop on a discord and help me out? If I get a response I'll open a room.
>>
>>49883572
Just ask your questions here faget.
>>
>>49883583
that's gonna end up being a lot of questions im sure
>>
>>49883541
>>49883524
So the Dedicated Transports of the Units in that Formation would also get the To Hit Rerolls versus enemies on Objectives and the extra movement?

>>49883530
As would I when I proxy Sisters.
>>
First, opinions on Salamander list? Idea was to walk Vulkan onto the board and just board the opponent turn one, take out globs of dudes with flamers and meltas for armor.

HQ - 190 points
Vulkan He'Stan

Command Squad - 180 points
x5 Vets, x5 Meltagun, x1 w/ melta bombs, drop pod

Sternguard Vets - 215 points
x2 Heavy Flamer, x2 Combi-melta, sergeant w/ combi-melta, lightning claw, melta bombs

Sternguard Vets - 215 points
x2 Heavy Flamer, x2 Combi-melta, sergeant w/ combi-melta, lightning claw, melta bombs

Tac Squad - 225 points
x9 Marines, Meltagun, Missile Launcher, Sergeant w/ lightning claw, combi-melta

Tac Squad - 205 points
x9 Marines, Flamer, Sergeant w/ lightning claw, combi-melta

Assault Squad - 135 Points
x2 flamer, sergeant w/ lightning claw, melta bombs

Assault Squad - 135 Points
x2 flamer, sergeant w/ lightning claw, melta bombs

I don't have the codex yet so I don't know shit about formations, this was just a first attempt at 1500 point list bc that's what most games here are played it.
>>
>Trying to glue together pewter models.
I WILL FUCKING MURDER WHOEVER MADE THESE FUCKING GOD AWFUL KILLA KANZ HOLY SHIT
>>
>>49883636
>he's never had to assemble an exorcist
>>
>>49883617
>So the Dedicated Transports of the Units in that Formation would also get the To Hit Rerolls versus enemies on Objectives and the extra movement?
yes
>>
File: IMG_67981.png (497KB, 577x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_67981.png
497KB, 577x1024px
>>49883647
>he plays the lonely neckbeard fap bait army
>>
>>49883636
try giving them a wash a soapy water.
there can be mold release residue that messes up glue.

Otherwise pinning and thick glues(because oftrn enough a joint wont line up exactly) or epoxy are your friend.
>>
>>49883647
No matter how much glue I put on, it just falls the fuck apart on me. GOD DAMN IT I'M GOING TO KILL EVERYONE
>>
>>49882981
>complaining about Warp Charge count when not summoning
He's a git. You need tons of Warp Charge just to get to try to hit shit with your Witchfires.

>only S6 on the Flickering Fire
Step up, sempai. S7 is tits.
>>
When allocating wounds to a character in a unit, can you make one save at a time until the character loses a wound, and then start rolling look out sir? I've seen it done in a couple of batreps
>>
File: 1359953866790.jpg (173KB, 700x639px) Image search: [Google]
1359953866790.jpg
173KB, 700x639px
>>49883465
You just kick them in the face
>>
>>49883636
Put super glue on each piece you are trying to stick together, and smash them into a bit of greenstuff in the center. It quickly cements and holds the metal together.
>>
File: g2-flamer-of-tzeentch.jpg (67KB, 525x525px) Image search: [Google]
g2-flamer-of-tzeentch.jpg
67KB, 525x525px
>>49883701

I am working on a Wrapflame host, actually, but this game was just a herald.

I'm pretty close to the a WFH, though. Another box of Horrors will do it because I bought some old Flamers to use as Exalteds. Pic related. They're a little small, though.
>>
>>49883463
>>49883436
>>49883416
also I should mention, I'd be interested in greenwing
>>
>>49881149
I really like the Eldar and Ork themes, it seems like they're trying out something new by making the music sound more like actual music and not just generic dramatic orchestra.

The Space Marine one is 100% generic dramatic orchestra, though.
>>
File: because jon can't into tactics.png (257KB, 865x1240px) Image search: [Google]
because jon can't into tactics.png
257KB, 865x1240px
Just posting this here for my friend to see.
Feel free to rip it apart/critique.

>Iron Hands Chapter Tactics
>Assault, Devastator, and Iron Guardian Tactical Squads are all in Combat Squads. >Devastators Split all the Missile Launchers into once unit which will disembark from the Rhino Straight into cover.
>Chapter Master attached to one of the Assault Combat Squads
>Drop Pods are all dropped in the path the Chapter Master and his retinue
>>
>>49883636
with some pewter, my keepers of secrets, a mixture of glue, greenstuff and pinning was needed. good luck
>>
>>49883813
Huh, the list builder cut out the dreadnoughts in the other Honoured Ancients Formation.

He's the same as the other one though. MM+PF/SB in a Drop Pod
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 425x349px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 425x349px
>>49882281
>"These lascannons are Heavy Bolters, I don't want to go out and by another whole Devastator squad just because I'm playing against Tyranids today"
>List tailoring
>Against Nids
>>
>>49883840

Would you say he's trying to be unbeatable?
>>
>>49883721
so you're plan to not them get up and engage in melee is too engage in melee?
>>
What paints do you guys use?
>>
>>49883715
No, you have to look out sir when wounds are allocated.
>>
>>49883942
GW mostly. they're good and what my FLGS stock so convenient too.
>>
>>49883813
Why no upgrades on the last tac squad? Seems like a waste.
>>
>>49883991
They were more just there to be bodies.
My plan was to either use them to bubblewrap the rifleman-dread so he couldn't be charged or shot without getting a cover save or to have them camp objectives on the parts of the board I've already move the bulk of my army past.

I'm thinking of axing the whole Iron Guardian Auxillary and replacing it with a Flesh Tearers Strike Force consisting of
>Sanguinary Priest w/ Angel's Wing
>Cassor the Damned
>Drop Pod

Not sure though.
>>
>>49883840
>those weapons
>not equally useless against Flyrant spam
>>
>>49884049
It better them than Grav Cannons w/ Grav Amps.
I don't take them on principle. Those things are way too OP for me to feel okay about using 'em.
>>
>>49883954
But wounds are allocated one at a time, right? You don't have to use the Fast Dice section.

The order seems to be
>1. allocate one wound on the nearest model
>2. (optional) look out sir the wound to another model
>3. take appropriate saves
>4. remove the model if it has 0 wounds left
>5. return to step 1 until there are no more wounds left to allocate

If that's the case, you would get the option to use LOS for each wound independently, and therefore be able to tank hits on your character until he's fails a save
>>
>>49884073
You're right, I misunderstood what was being asked.
>>
File: ork_tech_support.png (280KB, 450x375px) Image search: [Google]
ork_tech_support.png
280KB, 450x375px
Why don't the wheels on my trukks go round and round?
>>
Can't stop obsessing over wanting to buy more and more armies.

Fuck this is painful someone help me
>>
>>49884290
Will you actually slowly build up and paint a collection rather than just bingebuy and amass an army of gray shit that looks awful on the table? If not, then there is your reason.

If so then go ahead, it will take you long enough to work through what you buy that you can spread out your purchases over time
>>
>>49881549
Considering my track record against piranhas, I'd take a melee only army and expect a fair chance at winning
>>
>>49884038
Tac squad is an expensive bubblewrap for a rifleman. With a grav cannon they can put out similar damage anyways.
>>
>>49884220
because ya glued them ya git
>>
>>49884306

I don't actually know. I like painting well enough, but it just takes so much time. However, I did actually put paint on shit for the first time in 4 years the other night.

I want to get some AoS stuff, I want to get some CSM for my daemons, I want to get another Immolator(exorcist) for my Sisters, I want to get a few more things for a bunch of deldar I probably never should have bought, I have an offer for a Calth box I can't refuse because it's $85 which in turn makes me want to get Prospero because I love thousand sons, ect

I'm being torn all over the place.
>>
>>49883942
GW for base, Vallejo for layers.
>>
File: Imperial Fists.png (10KB, 484x484px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Fists.png
10KB, 484x484px
>>49879725

How do people feel about reusing chapter insignia?

I want my IF successor chapter to use the same symbol, no ones going to have a hernia or anything are they?
>>
>>49884320
>Tac squad is an expensive bubblewrap for a rifleman.
True, but I don't really have many other options when it comes to bodies. This Decurion is rather limiting.

>With a grav cannon they can put out similar damage anyways.
I'd really rather not run Grav Cannons. They're good but too good.
>>
File: 1448823367067.jpg (16KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1448823367067.jpg
16KB, 720x480px
>>49884434
the same way i feel about schools/teams using the same logos/colors; indifferent

also fists as a logo are pretty damn awesome so i don't blame you. double that for painting yellow
>>
>>49884320

Speaking of Bubblewrap, anyone have any experience with a Hellcult?
>>
>>49884434
Not unless you play with literal autists.
>>
Have the colour sparys been discontinued already?
>>
>>49884434
The Crimson Fists do it so I don't see why it would matter. Just having a chapter symbol on your marines probably puts you ahead of at least half of all marine players.
>>
Since the Kill Team thread died, I'll ask here;
Would one use the Cult Ambush rules for each model (unit) in a Genecult kill team?
>>
>>49884483

Well... this is Warhammer 40K no?

>>49884476

Fists are quite cool in some respects but they changed their lore to raping the codex and wanting to out codex the Ultramarines which is a bit pathetic.

My chapter is more like Rogue Trader era marines where they're the scum of the earth, like Night Lords but not trying as hard.
>>
>>49884498
Yes, although you can only do it at the start of the game.
>>
>>49884504
Every person I've played with are pretty normal dudes.
>>
File: Photo Oct 10, 1 46 49 AM.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
Photo Oct 10, 1 46 49 AM.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>49880593
Holy shit, are you me? I was gonna come into this thread and ask the same question.
>>
What the hell are these?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/warhammer-40k-CULT-MECHANICUS-FIGURES-/232115796138?hash=item360b2df8aa:g:zuwAAOSwCGVYA4x9
>>
>>49884652
forgeworld myrmidon somethings
>>
>>49884668
Did Stellaris rip off 40K with their new DLC "Leviathans"?

>War In Heaven: Where will your fledgling empire lie if two ancient Fallen Empires decide to renew old grievances in a War in Heaven? Will you err on the side of caution and take a side with the stronger power, or will you strike at both whilst they are occupied with their own titanic struggle?
>>
I'm doing a 2000pt 2v2 (1000pt each) match of My Dread Mob and Tau vs Deathwatch and Grey Knights/Skiitari. I need to krump those boys spoice muhreens and 'umie mekboyz. What do?
>>
>>49884652
Myrmidon sectors without the arms and gun bitz
>>
>>49884908
>grey knights/skiitari

green tide, they dont run flamers
>>
>getting back into the game, have an army of grey knights

>they all have halberds

>they're now WS4, S5, AP3, and 22 points a model

they really gutted knights huh
>>
>>49884926
>Dread Mob
>Green tide.
Anon. I cannot do that.
>>
I feel like the humble tactical squad is a really underrated unit.
>>
>>49884964
I remember when grey knight force weapons were +2S, ignored armor saves, and they all had that weird night fighting rule that everyone always forgot about, a cheap troop unit right in the codex, and could take Chimeras without needing allies.
>>
File: sob61.jpg (145KB, 600x815px) Image search: [Google]
sob61.jpg
145KB, 600x815px
>Tfw a Canoness and Chaos Lord are both the same price
>>
>>49885026
a chaos lord with no wargear is a pretty terrible unit
>>
>>49885036

And a canoness isn't?
>>
>>49884999
In this shooting era of high strength, low ap, covering ignoring weaponry, it's easy to see why the humble tactical squad is viewed as an inferior option.

After all, why pay the points for a 3+ save you'll never get to use? Scouts have the same profile as marines now, except for the save.

That said, I agree with you. I use 3 10-man tactical squads in my sternhammer strike force, and they've never let me down. Part of it is understanding what they can do and what role they can play.

For me their role is to take and hold points whilst the killier aspects of my army do the...well, killing. Tac squads have the durability and firepower (especially with re-rolling all bolt weapon hits) to resist enemy capture long enough to either outlast the enemy or allow me to bring in support.

Plus, they're reasonably cheap. A 10-man squad with a HB is only 150pts, and has ObSec.

So yeah, the humble tactical squad will always have a place in my lists.
>>
>>49880593
Aren't reaper swarms also an option?
>>
>>49885044
I think the price of characters and wargear should just be reevaluated in general. Many characters are priced to be taxes, and of course some combinations of unit selections and wargear are super powerful.

An HQ choice I really like but doesn't get enough love is Vrosh Tattersoul. 65 points for a 2 wound aspiring champion, a power weapon, and a combimelta.
>>
>>49885023
that's why I bought an army of them. Oh well, at least the new HQ models are the same as the old Troops/Termie models, so I have that going for me
>>
>>49885072
even down to things like ATSKNF and combat squads, and DT rhinos, tac squads just have a lot going for them.
>>
>>49885085
Nah wargear prices are fine. I always put a 25 point nintendo power glove on my 5 point guardsmen sergeants and it's always worth it.
>>
>>49885113
really? I would think at only s6 on a t3/5+ model, he'd just die in a challenge or not be able to wound/pen his target

but maybe you've had better luck
>>
>>49885100
For me, it goes beyond strategic utility, although as above that isn't to be ignored.

Tactical marines are iconic, they are the quintessential space marine unit. They represent everything that space marines are. To not use them is to deny the very essence of the army and, I think, diminish its spirit.
>>
>>49885128
Nah I'm only joking. I wish it was worth taking because I have some good looking models, but they're terrible. I wouldn't even take it if it was 10 points cheaper. Even using it as a power axe, it isn't worth it.

Guardsmen are pretty bad.
>>
>>49883090
>What's a good ratio of marines to daemons in a Khorne Daemonkin army?
The minimum you can get a way with. Like seen here
>>
>>49885165
Should be titled:
>How to Play Chaos Marine
not
>How to Play Chaos Marines
>>
>>49885085

The biggest issue with a Canoness is that they have the crippling flaw of not being St Celestine.

That being said, a canoness has one major advantage over Celestine: access to Eternal Warrior. S6+ weaponry isn't exactly scarce, and all it takes is a rogue plasma shot or a botched scat laser save and poof. Hell, the last Eldar player I fought had Star Canons.

Anyway, a Canoness with a Rosarius(4++) and Mantle of Ophelia(EW) is 110pts. Then, I usually give her an Evicerator and combi-plasma (145pts total) and stick her into a command squad where each other model has a flamer and combi-plas. They ride around in an immolator and get busy. People don't expect sisters to roll up and drop 12 plasma shots (10 if I give them FnP).

The first time I used that squad, I nuked a unit of Cents, assaulted them with Seraphim, HnR on the next assault phase, then had the Evicerator clean them up on my next turn.

>>49885113

GW still thinks that sisters paying 15 points for a melta/plasma pistol is worth it. Not only are melta guns cheaper, they're S3, hat extra CC attack is virtually worthless. Why on earth would anyone pay 30 EXTRA points for a pair of 6" melta guns on Seraphim?
>>
File: image.jpg (447KB, 1200x1166px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
447KB, 1200x1166px
Best way to play 13th Penal Legion?
>>
>>49885078
yeah. warriors too. but there's still the question of how they got their hands on more tyranids.
>>
>>49885182
if melta wasn't half-range it would probably be better
>>
File: 1465386087588.jpg (53KB, 453x402px) Image search: [Google]
1465386087588.jpg
53KB, 453x402px
Are there mobi versions of the Ciaphas Cain series? Online conversions always fuck the book up.
>>
>>49885202
Rippers is easy, some purged space bulk, a careless rogue trader, mechanicus installation, unexpected hitchhikers.

Space velociraptors, that's a tricky one.
>>
>>49883209
Not far enough. Really they should just put super-heavies back in apocalypse where they belong. They never should've been possible to take in any games under 3000 pts.
>>
>>49885213

Wrong. Noone would pay 30 points for an assault 2 6" meltagun on a T3 S3 model.
>>
>>49883674

Taking creepshots of overweight people at LGS now are we and reposting to make fun of them are we?

stop this, stop this now.
>>
>>49885175
Closet loyalist please... You aren't getting drop pods for your shitty and boring bolters. Go play loyalists if you want to play space marines!
>>
File: 1466111504927.gif (1MB, 167x170px) Image search: [Google]
1466111504927.gif
1MB, 167x170px
>mfw I roll a six for my Patriarch's Warlord trait
>mfw The First Curse tears through my opponent's Death Star on Turn 1 like wet tissue paper
>mfw when they concede on Turn 1
>>
Hey gang, couple of questions

Do my troops in a open topped transport need to shoot at the same target as the transport?

And also does the nightmare doll I think it's called for the haemonculus allow the FnP roll to go down to 3+? If in the corpse thief claw detachment of course
>>
Is this a decent 500 point Iron Hands list?

Tactical Squad (5) - 85pts
1 Sergeant: Bolt pistol,Boltgun
3 Tactical Marine: Boltgun,Bolt pistol
1 Tactical Marine: Missile launcher,Bolt pistol

1 Tactical Marine: Plasma gun,Bolt pistol

Scout Squad (5) - 55pts
1 Scout Sergeant: Bolt pistol,Boltgun
4 Scout: Boltgun,Bolt pistol

Dreadnoughts (1) - 100pts
1 Dreadnought: Multi-melta,Power fist with stormbolter

Razorback (1) - 55pts
1 Razorback: Twin-linked heavy bolter

Razorback (1) - 55pts

Techmarine (1) - 65pts
1 Techmarine: Frag and Krak grenades,Servo-arm,Bolt pistol,Power axe
>>
>>49882313
Actually, the IK has a chance, if it gets the charge of it has a 5/6 chance to trigger strikedown on it's HoW no need for the wound to stick.

Meaning the WK would go at I3 not I5.

the WK is still woefully undercosted no argument there.
>>
File: IMG_1277.gif (54KB, 275x343px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1277.gif
54KB, 275x343px
>>49884926
>tfw wiping out a green tide with ruststalkers, infiltrators and a syndonian dragoon
>>
Is this a bad time to get into 40k? I play sigmar and enjoy it but running a few 500 pt games with friends models has been a blast
>>
>>49885500
1. No. They can shoot at a separate target.

2. Kind of. It adds 1+ to your FNP roll, so if you have a 4+ FNP, you can succeed on a roll of 3.
>>
>>49884652
>http://www.ebay.com/itm/warhammer-40k-CULT-MECHANICUS-FIGURES-/232115796138?hash=item360b2df8aa:g:zuwAAOSwCGVYA4x9
Those are FW Myrmidon Destructors. Sick models, they look so damn good and i'm using them as my count-as Kataphron Destructors in my War Convocation.
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-JP/Mechanicum-Myrmidon-Destructors
>>
>>49885511
>Any non-vehicle model that suffers one or more unsaved wounds or passes one or more saving throws against an attack with the Strikedown special rule moves as if it is in difficult terrain until the end of its next turn.

I don't see how this affects the WK's initiative?

Curse you for giving me false hope!
>>
>>49885520
No, and its really easy to get in right now with the awesome sets they have. Want to play large games? Either the Dark Vengeance set or start collecting boxes are a nice deal. Want to play smaller games where every model is on its own? Split a Kill Team box with a buddy, get a rulebook, the kill team rulebook, and a squad of marines or Tau. Kill Team is awesome and its $60 for the whole box, or if you split with a buddy who is the other faction, you get a rulebook and a squad for $30.
>>
>>49885520

I play 40K as a strictly 'for-funsies' sort of game and I'm personally enjoying it a lot.

A lot of complaints come at the competitive angle and general balance of the game.
>>
>>49885502

I like it, Not sure how I'd defeat it with my armies regular 500point.

I don't know much about Marines, what specifically makes it "Iron Hands" ?
>>
>>49885520

>>49885576

^ This

Low point 40k, Kill Team, Inquisitor 28mm Is an absolute blast.

Lots of people get very upset here because (for some reason) they play power gaming Waacers, at their local store. (why on earth would you do this?)
>>
>>49885591
Because some places just have small communities, and if you want to play at all you have to deal with the turds.
>>
>>49885520
If you have good players who will do fun games and kill teams, it'll be great.
>>
>>49885502
Sure.
I'd drop the scouts for some better weapons on the razorback, heavy bolters are generally mediocre.
>>
>>49880106
>You really need to get out of this mentality that Tau are OP

taufag here, the fact that SM formations and eldar are more OP doesnt mean that tau isnt also OP

i'm doing a practise list right now for a tournament next year, i intentionally have zero markerlight sources, no stormsurge and only 1 riptide max (which i chose the yvhara)

however my only formation is an OSC with 3 ghostkeels in it, so not only are they BS4 interceptor, they are BS5 (or 10 with shadowsun letting them reroll) ignores cover autohits rear armor on 21 shots and has skyfire on one of them

I set out to make a restricted list to see how well it would fare and i ended up with the bastard child of tau synergy with a list that is fucking stupid vs anything that relies on cover or vehicles

did a match last night vs imperual guard, he brought 9 leman russ and then filled with company command and a defence line, even though he got first turn he didnt kill a single model
>>
>>49885581
Iron Hands Chapter Tactics. Gives my guys Feel No Pain and It Will Not Die.
>>
>>49885642
Its kinda sad that even with 9 russes IG player doesnt do jack&shit.

With Armoured Battlegroup russes he might have just exploded those ghostkeels
>>
>>49885685
Russes are really bad. People keep trying to tell me they're good but in my experience they struggle to meet cost even if they survive for the entire game and shoot every turn. I'd rather have Predators.

I wonder: Why take 3 russes over a Baneblade?
>>
>>49885642

Which is why the Tau players in my store only ever fight each other or have to use their other armies to fight non Tau armies.

Put simply we're sick of your bullshit.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>49885685
he tried to kill the ghostkeels which was why he didnt manage to do anything

he had the emperors fist armored company or whatever, his setup was

commander in punisher + 2 more punishers
2 vanquishers
2 vanquishers
2 whatever they are called that has a large blast ignores cover

my ghostkeels were more than 12" away from him so i just let the 4 vanquishers shoot at me and saved vs all of them

I used 2 of my 3 countermeasures to make the 60 punisher shots hit on 6+, which ended up no wounds caused, and to make the ignores cover large blasts fail to even fire (you declare they snap shoot after he declares target, you cant fire template weapons on snap shots)

then i just absorbed whatever lasgun dakka was in range of me

in my first turn the ghostkeels insta killed the tank commander and both his punishers, the turn after they used the last countermeasure and then killed the ignores cover tanks, after that i have a torrent flamer, ignores cover plasma crisis team, 2 sms devilfish which ignore cover and then the OSC itself and they just liquefied the infantry
>>
>>49885695
your store sounds like a bunch of pussies, do the eldar only fight eldar aswell?

maybe i should just swap the dark eldar, 3x the models with infinite access to haywire, poison and lance weapons so killing a unit has very low impact on my armies effectiveness
>>
>>49885691
Cause baneblade costs ~4 russes. And yeah. I personally only use either Exterminators with LC/MM-sponsons or Armoured Battlegroup Vanquishers with Beast Hunter shells. And those too are a bit subpar (altough BH-shells are lulzy against tau/eldar players who dont really understand what they are facing before its too late)
>>
>>49885639
>>49885591
>>49885576
Local scene is pretty chill, lots of players. Most people play some flavor of space marines (3 wolves, the rest are mishmash) and some scattered other armies. The tryhards play tau and AM. I've been torn between tau and ultra marines since I really like the looks of them but I don't wanna be labeled a waacfag for playing tau, or have the same models as everyone else for playing space marines.

Are tau really waac or bust?
>>
>>49885695
g i t
u
d
>>
Input? Worried about AA/AT. comment too long

+ HQ (306pts) +

Company Command Squad (163pts) [Carapace Armour, 3x Veteran w/ Lasgun]
····Chimera [Heavy Bolter, Multi-laser]
····Company Commander [Carapace Armour, Close Combat Weapon, Orders]
········Laspistol [Laspistol]
····Officer of the Fleet [Close Combat Weapon]
····Veteran w/ Vox-caster [Lasgun]

Company Command Squad (143pts) [Carapace Armour, 3x Veteran w/ Lasgun]
····Chimera [Heavy Bolter, Multi-laser]
····Company Commander [Carapace Armour, Close Combat Weapon, Orders]
········Laspistol [Laspistol]

+ Troops (724pts) +

Veterans (181pts) [Grenadiers, 5x Veteran w/ Lasgun, 3x Veteran w/ Meltagun]
····Chimera [Dozer Blade, Heavy Bolter, Multi-laser]
····Veteran Sergeant [Bolter, Close Combat Weapon]

Veterans (181pts) [Grenadiers, 6x Veteran w/ Lasgun, 2x Veteran w/ Plasma Gun]

+ Fast Attack (120pts) +

Scout Sentinel Squadron (120pts)
····Scout Sentinel [Autocannon]

+ Heavy Support (350pts) +

Leman Russ Squadron (170pts)
····Exterminator [2x Heavy Bolter, Camo Netting, Dozer Blade, Heavy Bolter]

Leman Russ Squadron (180pts)
····Exterminator [2x Multi-meltas, Camo Netting, Dozer Blade, Lascannon]
>>
>>49885739
Depends on the loadout I guess, sponsons, whether or not you have a lascannon. I usually max out my Russes because everyone just ignores them. Also some place still have a thing against Forgeworld. Crazy I know.
>>
>>49885747
>Are tau really waac or bust?

if people's first army is tau the issue is that even thier basic troops are very good for the points cost, you can get sniper weapons for 7ppm or 30" s5 ap5 for 9ppm

the single largest problem is the formations though, we have absolutely disgusting formations wherever you look, the drone net gives you interceptor markerlights on BS3, many formations either buff your BS, let you fire multiple units as if they were one unit, both, or have some other horrifying bonus like the OSC i mentioned before

couple that with that fact that most of the formations dont have any bad tax at all, (riptide wing, osc, dronenet, firebase, all come to mind) you essentially take a high strength middling accuracy army, give it some bonuses, then pay no tax to give it more bonuses and continue until you run out of points
>>
>>49885779
>if people's first army is tau the issue is that...

i didnt even finish this thought, if its thier first army they will think these powerful weapons are the norm, so unless they actively look at other armies rules then they generally dont understand why they get hate and think they dindunuffin
>>
>>49885734
You should probably read that codex before commenting on what DE have access to lol
>>
>>49885747
Tau aren't WAAC or bust but it's stupidly easy to make an overpowered army due to how powerful all their stuff is, even without formations.

It doesn't help they're a shooting army in an edition that is greatly bias towards shooting over assault.
>>
>>49885792
I have about 3000 points of DE and played it before i switched to tau, im fully aware of thier power by going MSU with tonnes of redundancy

im also well aware of its weaknesses, anything with a combination of AP3 and ignores cover will mulch my DE list, however a fair amount of armies that can do this generally cant deal with the sheer amount of MSU that I field
>>
Newbie question here:
If I have units in reserve, do I HAVE to roll for all of them to come in? Can I choose to let them remain in reserve or intentionally fail the roll if, for examplem I'd like to wait for a better opportunity to deep strike etc?
>>
>>49885779
>>49885799
How's this for an entry sort of list? I already have 10 fw I got for free from the kt box (guy didn't want em). Cool as the suits are I also like piranhas and figured this would be a strong but fair list.

+++ Tau2 (1000pts) +++

++ Tau Empire: Codex (2015) (Formation Detachment) (1000pts) ++

+ Formation (1000pts) +

Drone-Net VX1-0 (224pts)
··Drones [4x MV7 Marker Drone]
··Drones [4x MV1 Gun Drone]

Hunter Cadre (776pts)
··Command
····Commander [MV1 Gun Drone]
······XV8 Commander Crisis Suit [Command and Control Node, 2x Flamer, Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite, Puretide Engram Neurochip, XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit]
··Elite
····XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [3x MV1 Gun Drone]
······Crisis Shas'ui [Burst Cannon, Early Warning Override, Flamer]
······Crisis Shas'ui [Burst Cannon, Early Warning Override, Flamer]
······Crisis Shas'vre [2x Burst Cannon]
··Fast Attack
····TX4 Piranhas
······TX4 Piranha [Fusion Blaster, Point Defense Targeting Relay]
······TX4 Piranha [Fusion Blaster, Point Defense Targeting Relay]
··Heavy Support
····XV88 Broadside Battlesuits
······Broadside [Twin-linked High-Yield Missile Pod, Twin-linked Smart Missile System]
··Troops
····Strike Team [4x Fire Warrior with Pulse Rifle, 2x MV1 Gun Drone]
······Fire Warrior Shas'ui [Pulse Rifle]
····Strike Team [4x Fire Warrior with Pulse Carbine, 2x MV7 Marker Drone]
····Strike Team [4x Fire Warrior with Pulse Rifle, 2x MV1 Gun Drone]
>>
>>49885791
I came for the skimmers.
I stayed because GW kept shoving bigger and bigger mechs down my throat and I already dropped hundreds of bucks on this shit.
>>
>>49885821
>If I have units in reserve, do I HAVE to roll for all of them to come in?
Yes.
>Can I choose to let them remain in reserve or intentionally fail the roll if, for examplem I'd like to wait for a better opportunity to deep strike etc?
No. Unless specified by some formation/detachment/unit special rule.
>>
>>49885841
That's fair. Thank you.
>>
File: Too Much Mud.jpg (221KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Too Much Mud.jpg
221KB, 576x1024px
Hey guys, this is too much mud right?
>>
>>49881149

Eldar one has a mystery and intrigue to it, the Ork one has a badass Orky swagger to it and the Marine one is boring as possible. All fits so far.
>>
>>49885873

Too much for my liking but if the rest of your army is like that, all good
>>
>>49885873
It sickens me to look upon it.
>>
>>49885832
its quite drone heavy so wouldnt be useful in objectives as they cant score

you have a huge amount of s5 dakka so burst cannons arent needed, you are also investing heavily into extra leadership where you dont need it

i would drop the gun drones and shas'uis in the strike teams, give the crisis suits plasma guns then if you have points to spare get another broadside

overwatch on your pirhanas wont do much as you will want to detatch your drones, swap it for disruption pods so you have a 3+ jink save vs anything that threatens you (which is literally everything)
>>
>>49885502
Dropped the Dreadnought and grabbed a Landspeeder Storm instrad. I figure scouts in a dedicated transport offers more tactical flexibility than a footslogging Dreadnought.

Scout Squad (5) - 55pts
4 Scout: Boltgun,Bolt pistol

Dreadnoughts (1) - 100pts
1 Dreadnought: Multi-melta,Power fist with stormbolter

Razorback (1) - 55pts

Razorback (1) - 55pts

Techmarine (1) - 65pts
>>
>>49885908
Oops I'm a idiot. Here's the new list.

Razorback (1) - 80pts
1 Razorback: Twin-linked lascannon,Dozer blade

Razorback (1) - 80pts

Techmarine (1) - 65pts

Land Speeder Storm (1) - 40pts
1 Land Speeder Storm: Heavy flamer

Scout Squad (5) - 63pts
3 Scout: Boltgun,Bolt pistol
1 Scout: Heavy bolter,Bolt pistol
>>
>>49885817
Let's see a list then
http://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator
>>
>>49885873
I think you overdid it by maybe like 20%. Just looks like they got bogged down for ages
>>
Preemptive "Mungus did nothing wrong" before the wave of that hitting tomorrow.
>>
>>49885197
Kill team
>>
>>49885889
How's this?

+++ Tau2 (999pts) +++

++ Tau Empire: Codex (2015) (Formation Detachment) (999pts) ++

+ Formation (999pts) +

Drone-Net VX1-0 (224pts)

Hunter Cadre (775pts)
··Command
····Commander
······XV8 Commander Crisis Suit [Advanced Targeting System, Command and Control Node, Flamer, Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite, Puretide Engram Neurochip, XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit]
··Elite
····XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [3x MV1 Gun Drone]
······Crisis Shas'ui [Early Warning Override, 2x Plasma Rifle]
······Crisis Shas'ui [Early Warning Override, 2x Plasma Rifle]
······Crisis Shas'vre [2x Plasma Rifle]
··Fast Attack
····TX4 Piranhas
······TX4 Piranha [Disruption Pod, Fusion Blaster]
······TX4 Piranha [Disruption Pod, Fusion Blaster]
··Heavy Support
······Broadside [Twin-linked High-Yield Missile Pod, Twin-linked Smart Missile System]
··Troops
····Strike Team [5x Fire Warrior with Pulse Rifle]
····Strike Team [5x Fire Warrior with Pulse Carbine]
····Strike Team [5x Fire Warrior with Pulse Rifle]
>>
>>49885933
Aww shit, is the Burning of Prospero already coming tomorrow?
>>
>>49885919
scouts can't move in the storm and fire the heavy bolter accurately, besides, if you're putting them in a land speed storm it's because you've equipped them for melee.

I give the scouts shotguns and maybe give the sargent a bolt pistol and power weapon, maul will allow him to shit all over weaker troops and have a decent chance to damage rear armour.
>>
>>49885922
shit man i can just load of battlescribe for you, here you go

Realspace raiders detatchment: 1850 points
HQ
Archon, Haywire nades, Armor of misery, agoniser, venom with 2 splinter cannons

Troops
3x kabalites, 1x kabalite with blaster, 1x sybarite with haywire, venom with 2 splinter cannons

^ do this 5 more times

Fast attack
4x reavers, 2x reavers with blasters, 2x cluster caltrops upgrades

^ do this 5 more times

ignoring disembarking thats 13 fast units you have to deal with, all of them are BS4, all of them have access to haywire, blasters, or both and all of them shit out a huge amount of poison shots so armor isnt that much of an issue

GCs arnt much of a problem, the worst GC against it is the stormsurge coupled with markerlights for ignores cover, however dealing with the markerlights with such a mobile army is trivial
>>
>>49885996
There's very little reason to use pk nobz over manz.
>>
>>49885996
Don't give all them klaws, may as well make them mega nobz at that point.

Run a majority with big choppas for S7 to clean up what they can and smash vehicles and then one or two with klaws.
>>
File: Orks 1000pts.png (260KB, 900x691px) Image search: [Google]
Orks 1000pts.png
260KB, 900x691px
>>49886012
>>49886019

Okay and how about this?
>>
>>49885873
Orky/10, just paint better the rest of the truck
>>
>>49885989

Tactical Squad (5) - 105pts
1 Sergeant: Bolt pistol,Power weapon,Melta bombs

Dreadnoughts (1) - 110pts
1 Dreadnought: Multi-melta,Power fist with heavy flamer

Techmarine (1) - 65pts

Razorback (1) - 80pts

Land Speeder Storm (1) - 50pts
1 Land Speeder Storm: Multi-melta

Scout Squad (5) - 90pts
1 Scout Sergeant: Combi-melta,Power fist
4 Scout: Close combat weapon,Bolt pistol

This comes out to exactly 500 points. Less focus than the other lists, but the only models I'd have to go buy are a razorback and land speeder storm.
>>
>>49886052
Seems pretty solid for an Ork army.
>>
>>49886096
Power fist is good for taking down vehicles that can't fight back in melee, generally I would say a claw is better for slashing up infantry and then just give him a melta bomb for vehicles.
>>
>>49886052
Casual/5. Prepare to get your ass handed to you by any competent player playing ANY race or faction.
>>
>>49886135
That's true for any Ork army, they're the weakest army in the game.
>>
File: disgusted pepe.jpg (19KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted pepe.jpg
19KB, 306x306px
regular warhammer's top tier minis kick the shit out of 40k.
>>
>>49886192
>regular warhammer

It's ded, frogposter.
>>
>>49880373
I stole about 8 pieces of modular terrain from waehammer world.
Come at me moralfags.
and a plasma blast gun that was built into their big fortress table as part of a power generator array. Its now part of my storm sword.
>>
>>49886200

you know what i meant, age of sigmar, same shit
>>
>>49886226
no its not

fantasy was far better
>>
>>49886219
>this is why we can't have nice things.jpg
>>
>>49886261
not the models doe
>>
>>49886192
'Cos they're newer?

Deathwatch looks good. Genecults look good.
You wanna play bloodtrocutioner, go ahead.
>>
>>49886295

no they're huge and epic, things like alarielle the everqueen and orcs riding maw-krushas
>>
>>49880593
Hang on if this is a cult about Behemoth why are the 2nd gens skin in blue and purple instead of red and dark blue?
>>
In the interest of making melee armies more interesting and reliable, we change charge distance to 6"+1d3"

R8
>>
>>49886323
Because no matter what, once a Genestealer leaves the Hive Mind they turn purple and blue.

These are called Purestrain Genestealers and they pass on that colour.

This is why the Purestrains are more powerful, because they've been existing, hiding and fighting for decades, maybe centuries. Hive Fleet Genestealers are new creations that lack experience.
>>
>>49886344
Has that always been the case o was that added in the new codex?
>>
>>49886365
New codex.
>>
>>49881532
>fans constantly shitpost
constantly shitposting about tau is still shitposting
>>
>>49885695
show me on the doll where THE GREATER GOOD touched you
>>
>>49882008
Pimped Razorback would be my choice, Assault Squads aren't too great in my opinion
>>
Need some conversion ideas for literally any army I can use Hive Tyrant wings for.
>>
>>49886613
Convert up an enormous Ork Warboss called Da Big Flyin' Git.

His tactical specialty is that he's a big flying git.
>>
>>49885873

Fellow Ork player here.

Looks fucking awesome.
>>
File: Capture.png (187KB, 472x347px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
187KB, 472x347px
Can any super oldfags give me some help with 40k: Rogue Trader 1E?

Mainly, does opting to Run Away when charged prevent a model from moving in its next turn? I can't find anything that suggest it does except the mention that TURNING doesn't affect its next move, which might be implying that running does. Other than that though, literally nothing suggests it, and extra movements are actually fairly common in RT.

However, if Running Away doesn't affect its next move, I can't see a reason to ever not run. Light armor models will always be faster than the heavily armored behemoths chasing them, so not only do you always escape, you can then just turn around and shoot the guy in your turn and run away again in his. There's no way to guarantee a close combat. Even you start 1/8 an inch from the model, he has the ability to run away when charging.

Or am I just looking at this wrong, and this is just a classic example of how essential Movement Speed was as a stat for melee models? Cause a human in mesh armor is only M3.5, while a freaking genestealer is M6. That's a 12" charge against 7" Run Away, so it's easy to catch up (and force a rout). Also, Jump Packs are a mighty 18" in movement or charge, so I guess they can melee easily.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Can an Inquisitor without a jump pack ever reach melee if they opponent doesn't want it?
>>
>>49886052

Boss doesn't need 'Eavy Armour and a Warbike, Bike gives him a 4+ save already. Kombi-rokkit launcher is all but useless, doubly so when it's on a model with a Warbike because he's got a great ranged weapon on the bike anyway. Ammo runt is likewise pretty useless because the bike's weapons are twin-linked. If you want to make the Bikers your primary punch, give the boss the Lucky Stikk. Best relic we have (and honestly it's damn good even compared to other armies. In an actually good army it would be completely broken).

Trukk does not need Grot Riggers. Its goal is to go fast and deliver its cargo. It wants a Ram. Everything else is superfluous.

Nobz are bad. They're tied for Orkanauts as the worst unit in the codex. For 240 points you could have 2 units of 3 MegaNobz, which are so much better than Nobz as to be ridiculous. Dump them. They have no redeeming qualities aside from nice models.

Boyz are Boyz. They're bad. By all means field them but don't expect them to do much more than camp an objective, which Grots tend to do better anyway.

Single Dread will probably get taken out Turn 1, and will never see combat. But it's a great model.
>>
So, question: if you want to use one of the Space Marine variant lists from Angels of Death to gain access to a particular relic, can you then go and give them a different chapter's Chapter Tactics rules? As far as I can tell, it never actually says you can't by the RAW.

For instance, if I model my tech marine with an Abeyant from the Forge World 30k's Mechanicum line, could I use the White Scars rules to give him the relic jetbike (Wrath of the Heavens), and then give him (and the rest of my Space Marines) the Iron Hands Chapter Tactics?
>>
Detachment

Archon (1) - 155pts
1 Archon: Huskblade,The Parasite's Kiss,Haywire grenades,Soul-trap,Phantasm grenade launcher,Clone field,The Armour of Misery

Court Of The Archon
2 Medusae: Power from Pain,Eyeburst
7 Ur-Ghul: Fear,Feel No Pain,Furious Charge

Raider (1) - 95pts
1 Raider: Disintegrator cannon,Enhanced aethersails,Grisly trophies,Shock prow,Torment grenade launchers

Kabalite Warriors (10) - 115pts (x4)
8 Kabalite Warrior: Splinter rifle,Close combat weapon
1 Kabalite Warrior: Blaster,Close combat weapon
1 Kabalite Warrior: Dark lance,Close combat weapon

Raider (1) - 75pts (x4)
1 Raider: Dark lance,Splinter racks

Voidraven Bomber (1) - 160pts (x3)
1 Voidraven Bomber: Two void lances

Autarch (1) - 85pts
1 Autarch Skyrunner: Eldar jetbike,Shuriken pistol

Autarch (1) - 85pts
1 Autarch Skyrunner: Eldar jetbike,Shuriken pistol

Windriders (3) - 61pts
1 Windrider: Scatter laser
2 Windrider: Twin-linked shuriken catapult

Windriders (3) - 61pts
2 Windrider: Twin-linked shuriken catapult

Windriders (3) - 61pts

1998pts

Attempting to fuck with null deployment rules, intending to enter the field turn 3 or 4 with a massive alpha strike as big as I can.
>>
>>49886823
No, faggot
>>
>>49886880
Where does it say that you can't?
>>
File: Capture.png (107KB, 434x228px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
107KB, 434x228px
>>49886965
Not him, but on the page itself, you conniving asshat. You know, the thing telling you even can take these relics, and how to do so compared to regular vanilla relics.

>Units in WHITE SCARS DETACHMENTS

Remind me what makes a [chapter] detachment by rules of Chapter Tactics.
>>
How do you counter scatbikes?
>>
>>49887022
Depends on the army. More often than not you don't.
>>
>>49886822
I was basing it off of what you get in the Start Collecting box.
>>
>>49887022
You play on a table with no FOV blocking terrain they can jump behind.
>>
>>49886874
You do realize you auto-lose if you have no units on the board at the end of your turn, right?
>>
What was the small 400 point game mode called? I don't remember so I can't find the rules for it.
>>
>>49886338
How about 4"+D6?

How about make all shooting units shoot at (X/2)+(X/6)*D6", where X is the current range.
>>
>>49886995
Ah, I see. I haven't played since 4e, so all of this is new to me.

So, all the members of a Detachment need to have the same Chapter Tactics. What if it's a Detachment that's made of multiple sub-Detachments, though? For instance, if you take an Armored Might Detachment, could you have a White Scars Techmarine leading a bunch of Iron Fists vehicles?
>>
>>49887161

Is that RAW or your interpretation?
>>
>>49887224
Why don't you read the rulebook, moron?
>>
>>49887237

It was an honest question from a newbie to the game.

Sorry If I've upset you.
>>
>>49887242
It was an honest suggestion.

Sorry if I've upset you.
>>
Blood Ravens Chapter Tactics when?
>>
File: aBKppPQ_460sa_v1.gif (485KB, 292x323px) Image search: [Google]
aBKppPQ_460sa_v1.gif
485KB, 292x323px
>>49887254

nice come back!
>>
Are there rules for chaos deredos is IA 13?
It's one of the series that walkers GW had ever produced, and I want one for my hereteks
>>
>>49887331
>sexiest
Damn phone
>inb4 phoneposter
>>
>>49883813
Iron hands list
>no techmarines
5/10
>>
File: Capture.png (490KB, 865x413px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
490KB, 865x413px
>>49887205
No, mang.

What's the point of mentioning the Angels of Death supplement if you aren't actually looking at it?

All decurions ("Detachment that's made of multiple sub-Detachments"), such as Armored Might, are referred to as a single detachment ("This Detachment..."). The sub-detachments are not "detachments" but rather regarded as options within the 1 detachment. You still get the benefits of those sub-detachments, but they are "choices" within that one detachment (unless you are explicitly running them as separate detachments).

And since I'm apparently holding your hand still, I might as well just quote Chapter Tactics instead of expecting you to look.
>All models in the same Detachment or Formation must be drawn from the same Chapter.
A decurion is a single detachment. Thus, all models in it must be from the same chapter.

Now, since you're a returning player, and I'm in a hand-holding mood, I'll remind you that you can thus take models with different Chapter Tactics in different detachments. You can take two CADs, each with different tactics.

So back to your White Scars and Iron Hands, you can take
>Detachment: FIST OF MEDUSA STRIKE FORCE (IH)
>>Core: Battle Demi-Company (IH)
>>Aux: Skyhammer Orbital Strike Force (IH)

>Detachment: SKYHAMMER ORBITAL STRIKE FORCE (WS)

Notice, if the second SOSF had IH tactics, you could have made it another Aux Choice for the decurion. Instead, it is taken as a separate detachment.
>>
>>49887161
Hadn't really cared desu. If that's the case, I just stick the scatterbikes on field for 1 turn.
>>
>>49887393
That will leave you vulnerable to any list agile enough to get to them, or any table without sufficient LoS blockers to hide them.
>>
File: Capture.png (836KB, 963x604px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
836KB, 963x604px
>>49887205
>>49887377
And to add, not all choices within a decurion are detachments that can be taken separately. The "Master of the Armory" in the Armored Might decurion cannot be taken as an individual detachment - only as a choice in the Armored Might decurion.

Only formations and detachments that are given their own profile can be run individually.

In pic related, a check mark means it can be taken individually, and an x means it can't. You can tell which can or can't by the reminders that it is a formation in Codex: Space Marines (like Suppression Force) or the page number if it's an Angels of Death-specific formation.
>>
>>49887288
Never?
I mean what would it even be, allow tactical squads to upgrade their seargents to ML1 psykers, and give the S&P with the option to upgrade their bolters to AP3 for 10pts?
>>
>>49887522

Blood Ravens are Sucessors, not literally Rubricae units.
>>
>>49887596
That was the joke anon
>>
>>49887542
>>49887542
>>49887542
>>
>>49886146
Not true for all. In ITC you could make a very nasty Ork list.
>>
File: 121.jpg (64KB, 961x670px) Image search: [Google]
121.jpg
64KB, 961x670px
Does anyone have this??
>>
>>49887331
Nope. Chaos doesn't get things like AA weapons.
>>
>>49887806
ordered it but it hasn't arrived yet
>>
>>49884926
Have you seen how many wounds a Vanguard squad can shit out? And Orks might well get rekt by a single squadron of Dragoons. Not to mention Infiltrators making them WS3 I1
>>
>>49885479
I would feel awful if I ended a game on turn 1 through luck combined with bullshit. What would be the point in showing up?
>>
>>49889484
if the game is that quick then why not just start a new game?
Thread posts: 367
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.