[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ - Aggressively introvert edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 342
Thread images: 55

File: N'dru Suhlak by Ben Zweifel.jpg (298KB, 900x494px) Image search: [Google]
N'dru Suhlak by Ben Zweifel.jpg
298KB, 900x494px
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore, and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: >>49864976

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign
>>
Now that XWM Wave X-previews have started, what ship do you most look forward to learning more about?
>>
so for people who have actually played epic, is it just considered good form for both sides to run a huge ship, or so do some just come in with a big list.

Like I kinda want to run HoR Chewie with Biggs, Jess, Etahn, and cheap support cards like Airen and a bunch of the Rebel Ties.
>>
>>49879338
Quadjumper for shenanigans

TIE Striker for what's going to make it stand out from other TIEs
>>
>>49879353
For the moment, Scum has no choice but to go with the later. But I only play casually with friends so I don't know what the general consensus is.
>>
File: Pure guesswork.png (6KB, 388x275px) Image search: [Google]
Pure guesswork.png
6KB, 388x275px
>>49879360
I'm curious to see how wrong I am.
>>
>>49879353
Yes, generally speaking it's good form for both sides to have at least 1 epic ship. Scum don't have one, but 4 IG-88s are their closest equivalent. As is running the mass of big ships they have.
>>
Where's the anon that said they'd post pages from the new FaD book... Did they deliver?
>>
>>49879403
I think it won't have the green 2-speeds. And it's 3-speed banks might be red.
>>
>>49879427
Yes, he took pictures of the entire book.
>>
File: quadjumper.png (400KB, 600x438px) Image search: [Google]
quadjumper.png
400KB, 600x438px
>>49879429
Green 2-bank is visible right here.
>>
>>49879409
Scum is so good at running expensive big ships that i'd almost be okay with them never getting a huge on their own.
>>
>>49879444
Muh bad. Make that 1 green bank.
>>
File: scum-protectorate-600px.gif (3MB, 600x392px) Image search: [Google]
scum-protectorate-600px.gif
3MB, 600x392px
So..

A setting chock-full of cool ship designs, and they gave us the one thay's just a backwards Scyk.
>>
File: 1476839461770.png (962KB, 1266x665px) Image search: [Google]
1476839461770.png
962KB, 1266x665px
>>49879457
I'm not.
>>
File: huh.png (367KB, 1200x391px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
367KB, 1200x391px
>>49879546
As has been stated before. Although it's a pretty cool backwards-scyk in my opinion.
>>
>>49879546
Is this thing supposed to be a VTOL? I can't think of any other reason for the wings to be separate from the cockpit.
>>
>>49879608
They spin. A lot.
>>
>>49879608

they spin around the axis. Gives them a narrow, weird target profile and helps their maneuverability.
>>
File: latest.png (240KB, 300x418px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
240KB, 300x418px
>>49879624
>>49879623
Weird. Also anyone know what the weird things Etahn A'baht's shooting at are? They look kinda like just normal fighter planes with tail fins on both the top and bottom.
>>
>>49879546
Blame Rebels for that one
>>
File: vic viper.jpg (749KB, 900x648px) Image search: [Google]
vic viper.jpg
749KB, 900x648px
>>49879546
>Being mad that you get to play Gradius on the tabletop
>>
File: Toscan Fighter.jpg (61KB, 800x567px) Image search: [Google]
Toscan Fighter.jpg
61KB, 800x567px
>>49879690
At first glance I thought they might be Toscan Fighters, but no.
>>
SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHY WE TOLERATED THAT BULLSHIT SCAN FROM THE LAST THREAD

More proof that all jedi players are retards.
>>
>>49879839
At least it's fucking legible unlike the Forged in Battle scan.
>>
>>49879839
anything > nothing
>>
>>49879839
It's readable, it's the entire book, it was delivered quickly on the official release date and what >>49879849 said.

If you want to be so pissy about the quality, you should buy the book and scan it for us then.
>>
>>49879546

Probably cheap to make en masse
>>
>>49879848
>>49879849
>>49879890
Faggots defending complete horse shit
>>
File: youropinion.jpg (273KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
youropinion.jpg
273KB, 800x800px
>>49879908
>>
>>49879930
Just ignore the bait, anon.
>>
File: 1446770172939.jpg (85KB, 508x206px) Image search: [Google]
1446770172939.jpg
85KB, 508x206px
>>49879908
I enjoy Crack too anon.
>>
How OP is it to combine a Force Wizard with the Noble's ability to let you use Skill Tests as a move action?
>>
>>49879839
Why should we expect high quality scans on-demand and right after release?

We're fucking pirates, we're not ment to have leading costumer service or production values.

>>49879848
Oh let me just call up Sheila in IT and get her to grab us a new one- Oh wait we can't because Sheila DOESN'T FUCKING EXIST!!!
>>
>>49879930
everyone is entitled to their own ppinion
>>
File: 1448627753866.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1448627753866.gif
3MB, 640x360px
Rev up those micromissiles.
>>
File: kouta no baka 2.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
kouta no baka 2.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>49879988
>Oh let me just call up Sheila in IT and get her to grab us a new one- Oh wait we can't because Sheila DOESN'T FUCKING EXIST!!!

That is a shitty witticism and you should be ashamed.

Still gonna be holding out for a better scan eventually, though.
>>
>>49880017
Oh what have you got to be proud of you entitled little cock-goblin?
>>
File: Predator.png (122KB, 194x300px) Image search: [Google]
Predator.png
122KB, 194x300px
>>49880008
>that gif
>>
File: comeon.jpg (15KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
comeon.jpg
15KB, 600x375px
>>49880042
>deciding to wait patiently however long it takes for a cleaner scan to be released is entitlement now
>>
>>49879549
Fuck that thing, bot it and the Imperial gozanti are missing the cool mouth part from the original, give em a damn Minstrel instead.
>>
>>49880082
so you aren't the same guy who was bitching about the scans eariler and calling people retards for using the existing scans?
>>
File: attacksquadron.jpg (97KB, 400x401px) Image search: [Google]
attacksquadron.jpg
97KB, 400x401px
>>49879291

I've thinking of running a starfighter-based campaign, but all of my friends have told me the FFG system--the one I'm most familiar with-- is horrible for that sort of thing. Are there any systems that do starfighter combat right?
>>
>>49880385
Homebrew rules exist to improve fighter combat. Don't have any atm though.
>>
>>49880385
If you give everyone extra ships to act as a damage cushion, you can run FFG fine RAW. Otherwise, there's a number of different homebrews in the OP folders that give you different actions/maneuvers/incidentals or provide ways of upping the Hulls of starfighters to give single flyers a decent chance to pull things off more akin to the books or video games.
>>
Huh, just KNOWING the scary batman talent gives a conflict point at the start of each session.
>>
>>49880413
The Main issue with FFG is that fighter combat RAW is that it's incredibly lethal. Like Only War level lethal.

One I'm implementing atm is that a the sum ship's defense ratings multiplied by it's silhouette is the strength of it's shield, which acts an an extra health bar. For ships of silhouette 4 or lower you add the pilot's ranks in Piloting(Space) as penalty dice to enemy attacks.
>>
>>49880485
>>49880485
>For ships of silhouette 4 or lower you add the pilot's ranks in Piloting(Space) as penalty dice to enemy attacks.
does that mean Defensive driving becomes an increase or upgrade?
>>
>>49880440
That's fucking shitty though, to always be using NPCs as ablative hitpoints.

The big problems with starfighter combat under the basic FFG rpg system are

>Piloting doesn't help your defense
>But Gunnery keeps improving your shots

>Shields AND class abilities are nothing but black dice and have a hard cap of 4 combined

>initiative and gunnery are king, because by middling XP levels you'll wipe out whatever you hit

>if you have better sensor range, and some missiles, you win, because as explained in the damage section you are BLIND beyond sensor range, so they'll never know it's coming. Those missiles have 'blast' so you can wipe out an entire wing as a surprise with one pair (twin launchers) of concussions.

>also comms are sensor range as well, so most fighters can't even communicate with their mothership unless they're in dogfight-engagment-range of it

>If stress or hull ever get wiped, even if you DO manage to spend a few turns jury-rigging yourself back, you are sans-shields, sans-weapons, sans hyperspace, sans-anything basically except minimal sublight, so unless there was a friendly base capable of a full rebuild of your fighter you'll starve to death. At the very least, you were completely out of the fight

> That means you can basically take one or two hits despite shields at best since even the toughest fighters can just BARELY survive a single TIE's twin beams (many outright blow up or break down if someone important is onboard from a single such hit); and oh look there's four ties coming at you.

>Shields absorb nothing for you, they are nothing but little black dice, which is why a rookie helming a star destroyer is dodgier than wedge antiles in an a-wing; before the armor and all that
>>
>>49880525
It increases difficulty as per RAW, by penalty dice I meant Setback(Black) dice.
>>
>>49880440
Finally:
>Upgrade hardpoints are minimal - most fighters actually have 0, which is a big problem: If you want to, say, take out the quad lasers to make room for something, but put in a pair of lighter lasers to still have a peashooter defense, congratulations you're completely out of upgrades, because you spent the one you got from the lasers to put a laser back in, and another to make it twin. What a waste.

So, not only do you need to homebrew, but it's strongly recommended you add an extra 1-2 upgrade slots to every ship out there.

Oh, also, encumbrance is a shitass system (when's the last time FFG did equipment chapters right anyways? No really I'm asking, because it sure as FUCK ain't right any of the 40k games) where your TIE's cockpit can hold a heavily power-armored guy and all his gear, but CANNOT fit 2-3 pistols for you even if you go in there naked.

Even though an X-Wing could carry about 100kg of stuff in addition to life-support (inc.food) and all that for a week...
>>
Anybody have any good builds for the new cuckmasters besides Dengaroo?
>>
>>49880634
>when was the last time FFG did equipment chapters right
I was going to say WHFRP 2e (the none special dice one), but that shit kinda broke if the GM didn't keep a firm grip on things.
>>
These are the houserules I'm going to try. Still kind of not sure how well they play with the astromech rules in Stay on Target, but should at least make things kinda less garbage.
>>
>>49880594
Yyuuuuuuuuup
>>49880634
That's not quite accurate, twining and beyond don't actually take up hardpoints (Though things tend to become pointless past linked 3)

Also only STARSHIP encumberance is truly fucked.

>>49880713
Wasn't originally FFG, but the.
>>
>>49880713
Do you remember the 25kg backpacks in only war?

The 25kg backpacks that are 25kg whether they're empty, filled with one and a third .5kg lasgun batteries, filled with two hundred autocannon rounds the size of your arm, or filled with hydrogen?

Or the antitank cannon that's less good against armor (and way less good against anything else) than the regular high explosive version that aren't as expensive?

Or how plasma weapons are less accurate than any other weapon due to their wording?
>>
>>49880779
>Or how plasma weapons are less accurate than any other weapon due to their wording?

What's this one?
>>
>>49880779
>Or how plasma weapons are less accurate than any other weapon due to their wording?
Huh?

He was also saying Warhammer FANTASY which is incorrect because I think FFG did maybe the final 2 books and mostly reprinted Black Industries stuff for the rest.
>>
>>49879338
U-Wing. It's the only one I'm considering buying.
>>
>>49880817
your right about it being Black Industries.
I forget where the break from one to the other happens in publishing.
I like some of the stuff FFG did with those books, and Black Industries made plenty of mistakes theselves, so I don't bother too much with tracking who did what.
>>
>>49880739
>"Weapon systems combining two or more weapons (like Linked does) always cost one hardpoint, even if replacing an existing weapon system"

BTW oversized weapon mount is a gigantic trap option that often can't be used at all anyways
>Costs 2 hardpoints plus the weapon install
>-4 system threshold, -1 handling
>only increases max by 1 size

So fighters can't take it, and most things that can take it it either won't help (size 6+) and even if they could, you'd be infinitely better off getting just more gun for those hardpoints than trying to fit a heavy laser cannon instead of your quad lasers.
>>
>>49880817
>plasma

snipers and the like can get their bonuses and all that so that their chance to hit will basically be 99% with quality weapons.

however, plasma weapons particularly in OW or DH2, even if best quality, can at most replace overheat with automiss, but keeping the same fuckup range.

So if it would overheat on 91+, it now automisses on 91+, even if your accuracy would be 95% or higher.

There's even a talent/feat/forgetthename chain for plasma that's almost insulting...
>>
>>49880882
It's useful for mounting quad light turbos on a freighter, but that's literally it
>>
>>49880910
>however, plasma weapons particularly in OW or DH2, even if best quality, can at most replace overheat with automiss, but keeping the same fuckup range.
Huh, I thought the automiss was only 98 or so.
>>
>>49880385
Cost is an issue. There's a lot of laziness in the ship design; shit like the TIE Defender being literally a Y-Wing copypasta'd (it's supposed to outfly an A-Wing and is armed heavier than an X), but they inexplicably kept the rarities even after declaring they were "uh, it's because we totally wanted to balance things out guys" nerfing the better stuff.

This particularly sucks because a lot of ships are just barely better than a Z95, and yet so expensive and hard to get your hands on that you're supposed to pretend they're endgame content.

really, they should've simply remembered that the best/nastiest starfighters are - like when a jedi gets his lightsaber and starts dealing with dark jedi instead of running from jawas - the big step up wouldève been you start treating regular TIE/LNs as mooks and start hunting corvettes.

Instead they're nerfed down to the same low stats as other beginner ships, while still kept from you with a "only when you're ready, and you'll face far nastier things once you are" caveat to them.
>>
>>49880594

Blast doesn't hit multiple targets in space.
>>
>>49880938
normally, but overheat overrides this even when best is supposed to no longer overheat.

I forget the exact numbers it's been a while, but at the very least if it's 98, that means instead of 98-99-00 being misses, 91-00 are; three times worse.
>>
>>49881027
And WHERE does it say that?
The rangebands are the same as on the ground.
>>
is there a novel that is as good as darth bane that features a jedi protagonist?
>>
>>49881027
It hits anything within close range of the target. Fighter balls get fucked.
>>
>>49881099

Well, for starters, Blast says it only hits targets their Engaged with, which does not exist in Planetary scale. However, the sidebar on p. 236 AoR amends this by saying that starship scale ordinance with blast will hit all targets within Short range (at personal scale) rather than engaged. So unless your wing of starfighters is parked next to each other in a hangar bay, they're probably not at Short personal scale - which is distinct from Short planetary scale.
>>
>>49881027
qualities activate the same way for vehicle/starship scale.

now normally blast won't matter for anything beyond "you missed but had three advantages" against a single ship, *but* for the typical tight-formation like you always see TIEs coming in with ('engaged' range) a pair of torpedoes activating blast and linked can wipe out the whole group
>>
>>49881150

Close =/= Engaged.

"Planetary scale weapons that have the Blast quality
are particularly effective at decimating ground
targets, even if their explosive radius does not
allow them to hit multiple targets in space. Against
ground targets, starship blast weapons hit their
primary target and every additional target within
short range (at personal scale), instead of just
every target engaged with the original target."
>>
>>49881162
I dunno man, some of the formations TIEs fly in are tight enough to be Short personal scale.

But then again, minion groups are meant to die en masse.
>>
>>49880594
>>49880634
>Those missiles have 'blast' so you can wipe out an entire wing as a surprise with one pair (twin launchers) of concussions.
Starship weapons with Blast extend out to Short Range on the personal scale. Pg. 224, last paragraph in the side-bar.

>also comms are sensor range
>Shields absorb nothing for you
>encumbrance is a shitass system
Only valid complaints in regard to running it RAW.

As I said. It runs well enough RAW to where it doesn't NEED homebrew and does a mostly decent job of emulating the films where starships are weak and easy to hit and everything is fast paced. Everything else you mentioned are however, completely valid complaints if you want to run it in a way where it emulates the books or video games where there's more independence and stability for single fighters, and does absolutely require homebrew to get it to where it properly matches THAT feel. But in terms of the films, it's fine enough if that's how somebody wants to run it.
>>
>>49881162
EotE sidebar also covers engaged: ships close enough to dock are engaged.
>>
>>49881178
Yes, but you see, I didn't read that bit and I assumed that they just scaled the same way that everything else did. Also, space nukes.
>>
>>49881175

I know this is star wars, but "Engaged" is like, inside a meter of distance.

Close is anywhere from "a few dozen meters up to several kilometers in distance between two points".

>>49881193

If the enemy is a minion group, then yeah, they might be close enough in formation. I'd say the phrasing on >>49881178 sounds like it overrules it, but that's up to your GM if he wants concussion missiles to eat handfuls of TIEs or pirate Zs like candy.
>>
>>49881211
The only issue with that kind of thing is that it makes it not very viable for trying to run a campaign themed around starfighter missions.
>>
>>49881278
And at that point, yes, you'd definitely want to grab homebrew solutions because nobody except Vader is going to be able to survive in a starfighter the way it's handled in the films. But when it's less frequent and you can get away with stuff in the movies where you switch to starfighters and have some rookies at hand for each pilot to just handle some occasional objectives (pick off enemies focusing on a capital ship, hit and run, fleeing) as opposed to straight combat scenarios, then it works well enough that you don't really need to fiddle with the RAW.
>>
File: Pit Droid.png (2MB, 1213x1615px) Image search: [Google]
Pit Droid.png
2MB, 1213x1615px
>BRawn one Pit Droids
Ahahahaha Fuck no. Those little bastards are at LEAST Brawn 3.
>>
>>49881411
no
>>
File: PitDroids_CVD.jpg (41KB, 376x544px) Image search: [Google]
PitDroids_CVD.jpg
41KB, 376x544px
>>49881411
>>49881434
And there are images of them hauling even more stuff.

They have retard strength in proportion to their retardation.
>>
>>49881453
theyre brawn 1, get over it

>takes 2 of them to liftt something an average human could
>>
>>49881411
Looking at that soak value? I think it's LITERALLY supposed to be 3 and that's a typo.
>>
>>49881493
Yeah, they don't strike me as actually armored against anything not coming from above.
>>
>>49881493
A lot of droids have 2 more Soak over their Brawn (sometimes more if they're combat-oriented); you can see examples of this in all the droids in the adversary section in EotE. +1 should be from having mechanical bodies (like PC droids), but they don't have a clear indication of why even the weaker droids (astromech, medical, and protocol droids) get an extra +1, but I guess they just have slightly better metal plating.

Regardless, it's probably meant to have 1 Brawn.
>>
>>49881578
Seems stupid. Ah well that's what houserules are for.
>>
>"In Ahsoka, it is revealed that the Kyber crystals are actually force sensitive. They choose their desired users and present themselves to the Jedi in question. Those who use the Dark Side of the Force, such as the Sith, don't have this unique connection to the crystals. The only way a Sith can get ahold of a Kyber crystal is by stealing them or taking them away from the defeated Jedi.

The crystal loses its original hue as the Sith, or other Dark Side users of the Force bends the Kyber to their own will. This results in the Kyber crystal 'bleeding', thus turning it red. A crystal that has been tainted by the Dark Side can be healed. But it doesn't return to its normal color, it instead turns white."

AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHJJJHJHHH
>>
>>49881622
>tiny weak droid that can only lift shit in groups
>WAAAH WHY ISNT IT BRAWL THREE SEE ITS CARRYING SOMETHING WAAAH WHY DOES METAL INCREASE SOAK
>>
>>49881624
That's...really dumb.
>>
>>49881485
That's a really heavy part they're lifting, would probably require at least as many people, maybe one or two more.
>>
>>49881624
I mean, I guess it isn't that much of a stretch from your state of mind when you attune it to shifting the color, but it's still... off.
>>
>>49881624
>>49881690
>>49881721
Pablo Hidalgo said otherwise. A crystal only changes during the binding rituals. A sith can INTENTIONALLY pervert a crystal or be forced to do so if it starts to lose its ...whatever it is that makes someone need to bind it.

I like the old system better personally.
>>
>>49881624
I miss when the Sith used swords with bullshit force magic. It was better than... This.
>>
>>49881750
I mean, what if the Jedi just really fucking likes the color red?

What if you get a Samuel L Jackson situation where you get a high profile actor for a movie who demands a red saber for a good guy role?
>>
>>49881386
Not even vader actually. With the rules as they are it doesn't matter if you're a quadraplegic stuck in the cargo compartment or ol'helmet himself; your piloting stat does not help not-get-shot.
>>
>>49881045
Except by the time you've got that high of accuracy at anything but point blank range you should have best quality weapons anyways.

And of course plasma weapons having a chance to fuck up is pretty in keeping with the setting.
>>
>>49881779
>Oh, he just, uh, took it off a dead Sith. And he refuses to build his own non-red one. Because reasons.
>No, he most certainly isn't going to die in an incredibly predictable friendly fire incident.
>>
>>49881704
wrong
>>
>>49881624

>Legends: Seeking harmony with nature and the universe at large, the Jedi would use the Force to embark on a sort of vision quest to find the crystal for their lightsaber in a journey of self-discovery and personal development. Meanwhile a lack of crystal availability combined with their ethos of raw individual power caused the Sith to traditionally use force-imbued alchemy to synthesize their own crystals as a sort of rite of passage.

>NuCanon: HURR DURR THE WAND CHOOSES THE WIZARD HARRY, ALSO THE SITH DON'T GET CRYSTALS BECAUSE EVIL IS DUMB

Can we just all admit that Legends is better than NuCanon at this point
>>
>>49882126
Legends is better in every way except it had way too many mary sues
>>
>>49882135
Your nostalgia blinds you
>>
>>49882126
While I do agree, I feel that you could have worded your post in a less immature way.
>>
>>49882148
in what way, I barely touched things that werent the movies
>>
>>49882156
I dunno, I think it's an apt reduction and accurately reflective of the degree of thought that went into that plot point.
>>
>>49882135

Yeah but 9 times out of 10 those Mary Sues would wind up in the hands of a better writer who would do something better with them. It was so vast that everyone got at least one good story.

>>49882156

It's my gut reaction, I post that because people tell me it's funnier.
>>
So how feasible is playing with just one big ship in X-wing ? No back up, just one big ship.
>>
>>49882173
>at least one good story
that is true, I hate a lot of legends characters but somewhere out there someone did something nice with most of them
>>
>>49882166
>I barely touched things that werent the movies
Then you know shit about Legends!
>>
>>49882176
no ship can reach 100 points
>>
>>49882176
Pretty hard as you run out of upgrades to put points into.

The closest I can think is a ghost with a phantom intended to be docked for most of the game. Otherwise your playing down 20 points or more
>>
>>49881996
Vader would realistically have Intuitive Evasion, and would likely also use Sense (if you house-ruled to allow it), Adversary ranks, and really you could probably reasonably give Vader a number of other talents too. There's more to starship combat than just skill ranks.
>>
File: Dark Apprentice.jpg (62KB, 406x685px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Apprentice.jpg
62KB, 406x685px
Dark Apprentice.

There's a lot to cover, so this'll be long.

Luke finally gets his Jedi Praxeum up and running on Yavin, and in addition to Gantoris and Streen from Jedi Search, we get Kam Solusar from Dark Empire, Kirana Ti from Courtship of Princess Leia, and new characters Tionne (Weak in the Force, but a committed historian and bard) and Dorsk 81 (a clone from Khomm who's a giant bitch this gets rectified later. Little does Luke know that the evil ghost of Exar Kun, who built up the temples of Yavin is working on turning Gantoris to the Dark Side.

Admiral Ackbar flies to the planet Vortex with Princess Leia for a local festival at the Cathedral of Winds. The good news is it introduces the B-Wing/E-2 model. The bad news is Ackbar loses control of it and crashes the thing into the Cathedral, killing hundreds.

Han Solo finds out about this while skiing with Kyp Durron during an overdrawn sequence when he finds out about Leia's crash and goes to pick her up. Irritated, Han finds Lando doing some repairs on the Falcon, then bitches at him about ownership. Pride on the line, Han jumps out of character to not tell Lando about Leia's predicament and challenges him to a Sabacc game right then and there for ownership of the Falcon. Lando wins and Han gets super bitchy.

Meanwhile, Daala regroups with her three surviving ISDs and takes stock of the galactic situation. The Imperial Remnant is filled with shitty warlords and the competent ones like Thrawn and Zsinj are already dead. Carida seems to be holding out, but she refuses to contact them because MUH SOGGY KNEES no, seriously. She's bitter about being held back at the Academy. She and her captains resolve to do as much damage as they can before the New Republic takes them down.

1/
>>
>>49882242
Conveniently, Kyp Durron arrives at the Praxeum to start Jedi School, and he's a natural at it. He's also an arrogant dick after a few days, and almost immediately starts falling under Exar Kun's sway. He knows Kun's an evil ghost trying to manipulate him, but his hubris convinces Kyp that he can outsmart the ancient Sith Lord. Mara Jade also shows up to take some Jedi training because she wants an edge to help

Oh yes, and the New Republic resolves to dispose of the Sun Crusher by dropping it into the gas giant Yavin. Afterwards, Wedge Antilles is assigned to guard/acclamate Qwi Xux to civilian life, and takes her around the galaxy and the two have a really bland, awkward romance without chemistry. It does lead to one hilarious moment where Qwi visits the reconstruction on Vortex and plays a flute thinking it will help and then the local vors smash the flute and tell her “No music until the Cathedral's rebuilt, now fuck off.”

Meanwhile, Ackbar resigns from the New Republic government in shame for the accident. Unknown to him, his Mon Cal engineering chief, Terpfen, is an unwilling spy for Carida and sabotaged the B-Wing to crash. On his way home, Ackbar stops at Anoth to say bye to Winter, and this gives Ambassador Furgan the location. Furgan starts prepping a force to storm Anoth and take baby Anakin so that he can raise the grandson of Darth Vader to be the new leader of the Empire.

Leia tries to deal with Mon Mothma's increasingly poor health and tries to get Ackbar to resume his commission. With the help of a Force sensitive lady Mon Cal diplomat named Cilghal she also talks to some giant clams, but that's not important.

What's important is that Daala attacks the Mon Cal shipyards and sinks several floating cities using one of Tarkin's strategies. Fortunately for the Republic, Ackbar studied Tarkin's playbook during his time as a slave, and is able to counter Daala, causing her to lose another ISD.

2/
>>
>>
>>49882255
Kyp falls to the Dark Side pretty fast and with Kun's help sends Luke into a coma-like state then, surging with Dark Side energy, pulls the Sun Crusher out of Yavin and flies off to MAKE THE EMPIRE PAY. He also mind rapes Qwi Xux to get all the information on how the Sun Crusher operates and wipes chunks of her memory to prevent that knowledge from falling into any other hands.

Meanwhile, the Falcon passes ownership between Han & Lando a couple more times before Lando wins a no backsies game and then “gifts” it to Han to impress Mara because Lando's got the hots for her.

And in the meantime, Chewie and Threepio are terrible babysitters for the Twins, who run off and have adventures in the Coruscant undercity.

Daala regroups in the Cauldron Nebula and prepares a suicide run on Coruscant itself when Kyp shows up and blows up the Nebula, seemingly destroying her ragged fleet.

Just like the first book, a LOT happens and it moves very quickly, but there's more bad stuff this time around. Han being a whiny bitch about the Falcon with Lando feels really off. The romance subplots are really fucking bad, with Wedge x Qwi being the worst, but Lando x Mara is also bland. Ackbar's a giant tool for most of the book. The Jedi training is kind of bland and New Agey, and actually a smaller part of the book than you'd think. Dropping the Sun Crusher into a gas giant next to a Jedi school is a terrible idea, even discounting the fact that the NR had no idea two of the inaugural class would fuck up super hard.

3/
>>
>>49882270
Now the good. Jaina & Jacen's toddler adventure in Coruscant is super charming. Action scenes continue to be really good, especially the Battle of Mon Calamari. Daala doesn't even fuck up, because she had no possible way to know that she'd be countered by someone who also studied Tarkin's playbook. KJA continues to do a really good job tying together elements from other authors into a shared universe, and he ramps it up here. He also starts tying in Tales of the Jedi lore, which began a year before the Jedi Academy trilogy, which helps a lot. Also, B-Wings. B-Wings everywhere as the background fighter of choice.

Its still a lot of fun, and the good stuff continues to be really good, but the flaws are much more annoying than in Jedi Search.

Re-reading the trilogy, its super flawed, but way better than the KJA IS SHIT memes.

4/4
>>
>>49882270
>Daala regroups in the Cauldron Nebula and prepares a suicide run on Coruscant itself when Kyp shows up and blows up the Nebula,
And all eight proto stars inside it. KJA Hate stars.
>>
>>49882297
>Now the good. Jaina & Jacen's toddler adventure in Coruscant is super charming.
Even in the bad books that stuff usually manages to be really sweet. Even Crystal Star had a brightspot in the kid plot.
>>
>>49882027
And that's my point: Best Quality plasma STILL MISSED in those numbers because of the wording on overheat.

So all those other best quality weapons basically now only missed on 00, and you were missing on 91+

Note that this is OW onwards: in Black Crusade (the best time for plasma in the FFG 40k stuff, when it was finally good) you can just get high quality fuel and remove the overheat tag entirely.
>>
>>49882126
This crystal thing is from Lucas, straight from TCW, so it's legends canon too. Enjoy.
>>
>>49882341
>you can just get high quality fuel and remove the overheat tag entirely.

Not to drag too much 40kid shit into this thread, but do you recall what the availability on that fuel was? I'd just straight-up port it over to OW as a thing.
>>
>>49882324
Man, I've got words to say about Crystal Star. Re-reading it was super fucking weird. Its basically a Star Trek plot shoved into Star Wars
>>
whats some good legends comics that arent too hard on the mary sues
>>
>>49882027
keep in mind that if well taken care of even a regular plasma weapon in the setting doesn't blow in your face the way it does in the RPG.

What DOES happen is that in a bad situation you keep firing the thing until the barrel goes from red to white and the little warning lights start blinking, and at THAT point you're hoping it's not going to "the wielder is not important the holy weapon is, have it vent all that crap directly backwards" you.

>why can't they vent it forward instead?
>because then you'd still be able to touch yourself at night. sincerely, AdMech
>>
>>49882355
>>49882355
Think it was VR. But I can't find my book (it's somewhere?)
>>
File: NEVER FORGET.jpg (468KB, 1365x700px) Image search: [Google]
NEVER FORGET.jpg
468KB, 1365x700px
>>49882363
The tale of our savior, Skippy. Also:
>X-Wing comics
>Manny Both Hanz
>Clone Wars comics (Pre-TCW)
>The Chewbacca-Indiana Jones crossover comic
>Star Wars Tales' rendition of Wedge's backstory, including his time as an Asian guy
>Tales of the Jedi
>Knights of the Old Republic
>>
>>49882412
>>Tales of the Jedi
>>Knights of the Old Republic
sounds like this is for me

thanks!
>>
File: Inexpugnable_hammers.jpg (433KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Inexpugnable_hammers.jpg
433KB, 1000x1000px
>>
I really like this other than how short the wings are, I'd rather something more like the defender, full TIE interceptor length.

>>49882361
Not really, there wasn't much science other than the backdrop of the star itself.
>>
>>49882297
Isn't this the trilogy where Coruscant is described as having an ocean and skiing on the polar caps?
>>
>>49882412
>>Tales of the Jedi
I can only fine the two omnibus for this. is this okay or am I missing a lot?
>>
>>49882486
Yes, originally that was part of it, they even keplfarmed the ocean. ((There's anotehr story with a giant swimming pool ocean)
>>
File: RoyalGuardTIE.jpg (204KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
RoyalGuardTIE.jpg
204KB, 640x400px
http://pastebin.com/yHhcTzxN

Last time I'm posting stats for this. Just need to know what peoples are thinking.
>>
>>49882519
I think so, but it's been a while since I've read through TotJ, so I don't know if there are any associated side stories that aren't included in them.
>>
>>49882568
Okay will give it a shot and maybe move onto KOTOR after.

Old republic stuff interests me more because hearing about the 20+ super important people who shouldve been in the movies but werent because theyre mary sue donut steels bores me
>>
>>49882585
>mary sue
Does this term even have any meaning anymore? Honestly.
>>
File: 1446765847030.jpg (88KB, 393x721px) Image search: [Google]
1446765847030.jpg
88KB, 393x721px
>>49882585
KOTOR was the best and Zayne Carrick is my favorite character in Star Wars.
>>
>>49882639
yes
>>
>>49882639
>I cant stand it when someone doesnt love my fourth generation jedi that married luke and became a sith lord twice by the time she was 16 oh and she was secretly the emperors daughter but only she knew that
>>
>>49882470
Is that canon artwork?
>>
>>49880682
The old torp setup with K4 and Crack Shot is pretty devastating, but it's nowhere near as good. You'll trash PS2, but PS4+ can probably kill a boat before it fires. Bumpmaster is pretty solid (APL, intel, feedback, adapt/intimidation).

It does suck to have a whole build just straight killed overnight. I'm trying to keep flying them, but I'm probably going to have to move on. It sucks because the models are so good looking.
>>
>>49882755
>I'm just going to call everyone who lived during the film eras a mary sue and completely miss out on all the genuinely fun shit that was set during that time period

You do you, anon, but just know that you really are missing out on some of the funniest stuff in the franchise.
>>
>>49878701
>>49878725
And yet despite coming first, they're outdone by just about any modern day campaign ran by people here in terms of storyline. The movies are the thing that set the stage and the universe, so we need to respect that, but it doesn't mean they're the best thing about it. Even some of the EU is superior to the movies. I'd rather read the Thrawn Trilogy than watch the Original Trilogy for the 4985935898th time.
>>
Hello.

GMing a Saga game and I'm in a bit of a stump. The game I'm running is set two years after Yavin with the group being a group of bounty hunters and mercs. The main antagonists are a resurgent dark side cult. I was planing on having them own some kind of old military vessel to serve as a mobile base and the last line of defense for their hidden base. Problem is, I want it to clearly be a military vessel with the ability to store and launch spacecraft but find Venators and such to be overkill/too much. Could you guys give me ideas for ships that could be better choices for what I'm going for? Thanks in advance and sorry if I rambled a bit, kinda proud about this game since it's my first game that's made it further than 3 sessions.
>>
File: Sad Beep.gif (1MB, 474x200px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Beep.gif
1MB, 474x200px
>>49882870
>There will never be a Tag & Bink movie starring Oscar Isaac & John Boyega.
>>
>>49882917

I'm hoping like, at least the first act of VIII is more Finn and Poe buddy cop shit.
>>
>>49882880
A Quasar Fire, maybe? A stolen Nebulon-B or Imperial Escort Carrier? If you want something small, maybe homebrew a modified CR90 pocket carrier, a la Night Caller.
>>
>>49882930
The question is Rey/Finn/Poe or Rey/Finn and Finn/Poe.
And the answer is, both are fine.
>>
>>49882880
You could do an Acclamator with its troop compartment converted to slave quarters and some of its vehicle compartments converted to hangar bays. They didn't pack a ton of weaponry, considering it only had 24 laser cannons, but they were still big tanky carriers.
>>
>>49882774
concept art im pretty sure.
so it may become cannon
>>
>>49882880
A Neutron Star bulk cruiser? Don't think they have hangar bays though.

You could give them an old, decrepit Lucrehulk.
>>
>>49883030
What about Poe/Finn?
>>
>>49882880
>>49883094
Most Neutron Stars were converted to Carriers with tons of quad lasers to the point where it wasn't till FFG statted them that anyone even knew what their original armament WAS.

>>49882880
So it's got to be clearly military, and presumably have more than six fighters, so that rules out the Minstrel Class Star-Yacht.
>>49883013
Quasar Fire, Nebulon B, Either the Ton-Falk or Storm Commando Imperial Escort carrier.

>>49883037
I thought they had more than that.
>>
>>49883148
Rey and Finn have a clear connection and chemistry.
I don't buy leaving her out completely.

Having it be an asexual relationship is acceptable.
>>
>>49883151
How about a Strike-class Cruiser? Flexible enough to be converted to a pocket carrier and common enough to be discreet.

Or a Pursuit-class light cruiser?
>>
>>49882880
An old Kaloth Battlecruiser with expanded fighter bays
>>
>>49883165
>Having it be an asexual relationship is acceptable
I'd actually prefer it kept that way. they worked well as buddies not love interests.
>>
>>49883013
>>49883037
>>49883094
>>49883151
>>49883264
Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. Gave me a few ideas to toy around with. So far thinking of messing around with an Acclamator because I'm a huge sucker for the clone wars or a Neb-B but hey, might end up going for something else. Still, thank you all!
>>
Gays dont belong in star wars, go back to tumblr please
>>
so kinda a setting/philosophical question.

Is there any canon approaches to the force outside of the Jedi and Sith ways?
LIke, I get that there is a Dark Side and Light Side of the Force and an bit of objective morality from that, but even given that ontology it doesn't feel like there is only two ways that the force could be approached.

Like say, path dedicted to the Light side, but sees the Jedi rejection of emotion and attachment as wrong or even dangerous. That emotion must be understood if one is to pursue compassion and resist destruction. or the other way and thinking that one must fully disconnect themself from the world.

Or a dark side users that is more hedonistic and less power hungry. or that sees a danger in the power they use. etc etc.
>>
>>49883517
>Like say, path dedicted to the Light side, but sees the Jedi rejection of emotion and attachment as wrong or even dangerous. That emotion must be understood if one is to pursue compassion and resist destruction
Outside of the prequals and cheap imitation eras, that's straight out a mainstream jedi philosophy
>>
>>49883517
>sees the Jedi rejection of emotion and attachment as wrong or even dangerous. That emotion must be understood if one is to pursue compassion and resist destruction
That's the Legends NJO, TotJ OJO, and Jolee Bindo in a nutshell.
>>
>>49883517
>Or a dark side users that is more hedonistic and less power hungry. or that sees a danger in the power they use. etc etc.
It's entirely possible for darksiders to start out in one of those modes of thinking, but they invariably will end up the same way as everyone else who uses it if they don't quit early
>>
>>49883539
>>49883545
ok, but what about on the dark side.

I've been bouncing around the idea of dark side users who rejected the way of the sith.
Not trying for mary sue 'good dark side users', their selfish as that is the call of the Dark side, just taking different paths than seeking power for it's own sake and must control everything.

Again say, hedonists who seek to indulge their passions. Power is only a tool.

Or those who seek personal freedom. Power over others is mearly chains, it doesn't matter which end is attached to you, better to break them.

Or who realize the power of the dark side to change those who use it, and adopt aspects of the jedi methods and belief in self control. But reject the Jedi belief in selflessness. They use the dark side, but still fear it.

Or any sort of mix and match there.
>>
>>49883517

>Or a dark side that sees a danger in the power they use. etc etc.

Revan in a nutshell, plus Darth Bane and pre-RotS Sheev. Generally any sith or dark jedi that doesn't get drunk on UNLIMITED POWAAAAAAAH is dangerous for this specific reason: He's tapped into an incredible amount of power, and is usually pretty damn clever.
>>
>>49883539
I don't dislike the prequel jedi philosophy as A path for following the Light Side, I just have a serious problem with it being the only path.

And this isn't a problem with the Jedi thinking it's the only path. I could totally see the repeated conflict with tthe sith leading both sides to start defining themselves in contrast to each other (this is a thing that happens in societies often enough). To the point that all other views are pushed asside and feared.

And of course other ideas might lead to mistakes like thinking there is only one side to the force, while the dark side is very real.

But two sides can still have multiple persepectives and paths.

I kinda want to explore the idea that after the Empire falls, the new force users start branching out into also sorts of other ideas. They've got bits and pieces of jedi and sith philosophy to base things off of, but not much to make them conform to those ideas.
>>
>>49883633
You are operating under the misconception that going batshit power-crazed is merely one possible dark side effect and not the direct result of continually using it, regardless of mindset
>>
File: 1477008817220.jpg (24KB, 250x309px) Image search: [Google]
1477008817220.jpg
24KB, 250x309px
>>49883633
There are a lot of Dark Siders who weren't technically Sith. The minor groups are usually lumped into the umbrella term of "Dark Jedi." The Inquisitors, Jerec's subordinates, and many of the Emperor's Hand agents were Force-sensitive but not sufficiently "enlightened" to be considered part of the Sith Order. Joruus C'baoth was Dark Side but technically not originally written as Sith, just batshit crazy.

There's the Nightsisters, who used the Dark Side but technically weren't Sith.

Darth Krayt's One Sith, despite their name, also rejected many old Sith teachings and were considered heretics by the ghosts of ancient Sith Lords. IIRC, their main schticks were "strength in numbers" and "PEACE THROUGH POWER."

There's the Jensaarai, who used Dark Side powers but I can't remember whether it was due to their misunderstanding of the Force.

And yeah, it's pretty likely that at least one Dark Sider will have fallen due to hedonism or desire for freedom. The problem is that with the Dark Side, such things become drug addictions. You seek power to get that next high, to express your freedom by freely violating the freedoms of those weaker than you.

Also look at the Rakata and their empire.

Also, there's the Aing-Tii, who are hard to pin on the brightness spectrum because of their rather alien views on the Force.
>>
>>49883641
disagree a fair bit on Sheev, only because he still want total power and control even from the start.

He does recognize some of the danger in using the dark side, but he'd given in to the worst part of that desire from the start.

Admittedly a lot of this is coming from reading the Thrawn trilogoy for the first time now and wanting to repeatedly shake the man for being an idiot at the base of his genious.
He wants power.... to have power. And that's just a special sort of stupid that seems like a terrible mistake for such a keen mind. The worst thing that could happen to that man is for him to succeed.

Also, of course the two question of Bab5, Who are you? and What do you want?
And a fair bit of dresden files stuff on the nature of power, constructive anger, ect.
>>
>>49883704
>>49883739
okay.
That's why I was playing a lot with there being a lot of using Jedi practices of self control and balance. Their basically constantly fighting themselves. Which makes them all a little crazy in their own way. In fact they all go crazy after a bit, either they 'fall' to standard dark side crazy, or their means of holding it off drives them a different sort of crazy.

Also was going to play a bit with having dark and light versions of these different paths.
Like the 'path of joy' for the light focuses on love and possitive emotions, bringing joy to others and enjoying that positive experiance with them. But twisted to the dark it becomes hedonisms, that leads to greed, to using others for your pleasure, to desire to control others, to commiting attrocities for ones own amusement.
>>
>>49883739
I've always reckoned the aing-tii to be lightsiders, but with a deep and strange vew of it. Think of it like a prisim splitting a ray of light into a rainbow
>>
File: Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png
22KB, 300x300px
>>49883846
>a prism splitting a ray of light into a rainbow
I always thought that was a Dark Side thing.
>>
https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/789318440137830400?lang=en Pablo Hidalgo is talking about Jizz.
>>
>>49883873
Somehow, I knew you were going to make that pun
>>
>>49883276
and I get that.
I've probably come to accept that it's going to turn sexual because that's the way it's going to be writen in the series, but I'm not abandonning my Poe/Finn for anything.

That said, I do feel that the connection between Rey and Finn did grow well in TFA, and them bonding is a thing I want in my headcanon.

Their is the open question about how Poe and Rey will get along, because they never meet in TFA, but I can see Poe being cool about it. Rey might get kinda frustrated with him, but he'd just be charming... oh dear god I just seeing Han and Leia all over again. Except Poe is the one dedicated to the cause from the start, and Rey is grubby and uncultured compaired to Leia's more regal barring and background.
>>
>>49883959
I really do hope that if they go the romantical route with rey and finn, they get as much comedic milage as they can out of the fact that they both have quite literally no idea what they're doing
>>
>>49879715
I love you, anon!
>>
>>49883744

The thing is, Sheev is sort of the archetypical Sith. He thinks he can harness UNLIMITED POWAAAAAAAH without going crazy because he's goddamn smart, and charming as FUCK. He's in charge of himself. And I think he genuinely believes that he's mastered the Dark Side right up until the end.

But for a while, he genuinely was in charge. All the way up to the end of the clone wars he was hiding his power level so perfectly that not even fucking Yoda could detect how big he was. He could pull off all sorts of incredible feats via the Dark Side (I like to imagine that he somehow was the one keeping Vader alive via techniques Darth Plagueis taught him) because he was that damn good. Sheev is the end result of centuries of the Rule of Two, proving that Bane really was on to something.
>>
>>49883999
>Poe swoops in and seperates Rey and Finn "I saw him first"
>Rey and Finn both look super confused.
>Poe laughs at them then pushes Finn back.

Now we just need a straight man for Poe to bounce off of while teasing them both. Maybe Luke? Or maybe Chewie?
>>
File: the man the myth the legend.jpg (200KB, 1600x815px) Image search: [Google]
the man the myth the legend.jpg
200KB, 1600x815px
>>49884082
>a straight man for Poe to bounce off of
>>
>>49884074
yeah, the idea I'm kinda playing with is to have the old documents they find laying out the different paths to the force (the jedi path being one and basically meaning the path of peace), repeatedly saying "Fear the call of the Dark Side".

And when they find the bits that are actually about the dark paths and using them, that is said even more and stronger.

I'm not sure how much of Sheev at the end going off about 'embrace your hate' and 'embrace the power of the dark side' was him tempting others to do what he knew was foolish to control them, or if by that point he'd lost it and forgotten to resist the call of the dark side at all.
>>
>>49884082
Chewie would be hilarious, since he'd be playing the straight man with nothing but facial expression and [exasperated wookiee sounds] It'd be great.
>>
>>49883374
You don't belong in Star Wars! Go back to 1950!
>>
>>49884132
>spin off series after episode 8 like the Clone Wars from episode 2
>it's 80% Rey, Finn, Poe and Chewie bouncing around the galaxy
>Rey and Finn are ackward and adorable. Poe is a charming wiseass, Chewie is his straight man

I would buy 8 sessions on blueray.
>>
>>49884132
>>49884182
>and it's all just slightly tragic because you know that Chewbacca is remembering how he used to be this way with han whenever he's playing the straight man
>>
>>49883959
i feel like some awkward sexual tension is inevitable.
they are two young adults with little if any social experience.

I just feel like the movies would be better it if it doesn't go beyond an awkward almost kiss before they both nope out cos they've friendzoned eachother.
we don't need the leads in a movie too always get together.
>>
File: Firefeels.jpg (74KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Firefeels.jpg
74KB, 480x480px
>>49884182
>>49884246
>>
>>49884246
>>49884303
Chewbacca should be the one to kill kylo, when the time comes, no one else
>>
>>49884333

I'm pretty sure Kylo Ren is the Vegeta of nuCanon Star Wars.
>>
>>49884292
Or, they could develop a healthy "work with occasional fuckbuddy" relationship that lets'em do their job or relax without worrying about having to take off and adventure all the time.

Some lifelong relationships and even marriages are built off a contented slow burn, rather than any big fits of passion or romance.
>>
>>49884333
I just want Chewie to pull someone's arms outta their sockets, or at least choke someone out like he was gonna do to Lando.
>>
>>49884389
>I just want Chewie to pull someone's arms outta their sockets,
Can you imagine? Kylo and Rey are about to fight the big flashy final lightsaber duel, and then chewie just up and rips his fucking arms off?
>>
>>49884246
so again a little like TCW cartoon.

Only this time we didn't hate the movies it's attached to, so it's even better.
>>
>>49884440
The reylo shippers would go mad. I fully support it, 10/10
>>
>>49884440
Definitely. Chewie should step in, have Rey step aside, and go to fucking town. One long, uninterrupted beatdown that takes cues from the Keith David/Rowdy Roddy Piper fistfight from They Live. The arm-ripping should be the climax, the satisfying end to five minutes of wookiee fisticuffs and Jim Ross commentary.
>>
File: lorin_wood_08.jpg (572KB, 1800x816px) Image search: [Google]
lorin_wood_08.jpg
572KB, 1800x816px
>>49884594
>They Live
Actually watched that again a few weeks ago, not as cool as I remembered it being the first time around.
The ending was a punch in the nuts though :(
>>
File: 1420940976465.jpg (47KB, 800x358px) Image search: [Google]
1420940976465.jpg
47KB, 800x358px
You know what, sad as this might sound, I just sat down and actually watched Episode I again for the first time since... well since it first played in theaters, God I'm old, and I just noticed something (well something I've never noticed when I first saw it as a kid and I've never heard anyone comment on before).

How did Maul know to look for them on Tatooine?

The reason they went there in the first place was because it was this out-of-the-way hole that the Trade Federation wouldn't think to look. They took extra precautions not to contact anyone to prevent traces, they went to great lengths to establish that in the movie, and I don't remember seeing anyone break silence and contact anyone off world. So how did Maul know that they were hiding somewhere on Tatooine?
>>
>>49884700
Force intuition is not entirely for lightsiders, anon
>>
>>49884700
>How did Maul know to look for them on Tatooine?
From memory, Padmae was listening to a transmission from Naboo, so he triangulated the location between the two points
>>
File: 1476418874240.jpg (55KB, 682x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1476418874240.jpg
55KB, 682x1000px
>>49884700
Uhh. The Force.
>>
>>49884728
>>49884741
Shouldn't that have required an establishing shot first?

>>49884740
>Padmae was listening to a transmission from Naboo
Qui Gon and Obi Wan seemed to indicate that they would only be able to do that if she sent some kind of reply.
>>
>>49884758
Even if you don't reply, the receiving device will have a handshake with the signal and the transmitting device to say 'yes I am the right place', the transmission goes through
Otherwise the message would just go to every device capable of receiving it
>>
>>49884700
I wouldn't put it past sheevy P to have placed some sort of ultra-sneaky tracker on the ship for exactly this sort of contingency
>>
>>49884758
Could have been cut. Or by the fourth movie about psychic space knights, you could just infer that his Jedi sense was tingling.
>>
>>49884700
Maybe he was just in the neighborhood picking up power converters and happened to spot them
>>
>>49884700
wouldn't he have known their ship got daged in the escape and could infer their likely hiding and repair location
>>
>>49884758
>Qui-Gon and Obi Wan seemed to indicate that they would only be able to do that if she sent some kind of reply.
Sometimes the protagonist is wrong though I agree this does smack of shoddy writing
>>
>>49884700
It's also been a while since I watched it, but I was under the impression either Amidala herself or someone from her entourage did contact Naboo without the knowledge of the Jedi. This was then traced. I thought this was mentioned in one of the Maul/Sidious scenes.
>>
Do you prefer your Force users in robes, armor, armored robes, or civilian/working wear?
>>
File: 1476665208718.jpg (68KB, 640x300px) Image search: [Google]
1476665208718.jpg
68KB, 640x300px
>>49885239
I like them in badly acted FMV.
>>
File: Forcekickcomalive.gif (546KB, 329x272px) Image search: [Google]
Forcekickcomalive.gif
546KB, 329x272px
>>49885339
>>
Star Wars confessions time?

Im gay for Kylo Ren
>>
>>49884700
Maul deserved better than TPM
>>
>>49885556
No need to be ashamed he's the most interesting new character so far
>>
File: 1453947411970.jpg (907KB, 1919x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1453947411970.jpg
907KB, 1919x1600px
>>49883374
>>
Working on making the "scan" less shitty, make the cover not so fuckhuge, add bookmarks, might redo it altogether. I don't have a problem reading it but I have really good freak eyes so vote on this poll whether any pages are completely unreadable, even just in segments:

http://www.strawpoll.me/11473089

And I may as well try asking, is there an online Force and Destiny game that needs a new player? My group kind of self-destructed.
>>
Guys, how do you stop a runaway technician who's begun building upgrades to himself and skewed the power balance of the game? He's a skill monkey only, but has built such absurd defences anything that can hit him reliably in combat will nuke the rest of the party.
>>
>>49885887
Give him a nemesis that's balanced to fight this guy. He has no problem with the rest of the group, and might even be friendly to them, but he just wants to kick the minmaxer's ass and steal his upgrades.

Just a general grievous-type dude running around looking for that one asshole he hates all day.
>>
>>49885887
Ion and DEMP guns
>>
>>49884363
I WANNA BE DARTH VADER, I WANNA I WANNA I WANNA

REY HAS SURPASSED ME AGAIN? I MUST TRAIN HARDER SO I CAN BEAT HER
>>
>>49885556
When my gay friend saw Kylo take off his helmet, one of the most pivotal scenes in the movie, he said "oh he's hot" loud enough for the entire theater to hear. This was at the premiere mind you.
>>
>>49885956
> I WANNA I WANNA I WANNA
I WANNA GET PSYCHO RUN YOU LITTLE BITCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TYAlhc6Aao
>>
If when making a cybernetic, I spend advantage to add a built in weapon, can you still add attachments to that weapon, or is it locked that way forever?
>>
>>49884130
>I'm not sure how much of Sheev at the end going off about 'embrace your hate' and 'embrace the power of the dark side' was him tempting others to do what he knew was foolish to control them, or if by that point he'd lost it and forgotten to resist the call of the dark side at all.
It's fully established that Sheev didn't give a fuck about Sith tradition and only wanted useful idiots in service to him and his plans. The dude literally wanted to be immortal and its implied he died and came back several times before the whole Dark Empire stuff. He just wanted Vader as his bouncer, same with Maul. He tricked Dooku into thinking they could be business partners, but Sheev won and snuffed him out. In the ROTS novelization, its revealed that Sheev fed into Dooku's delusions of grandeur that they'd be 'Co-Emperors' and Dooku would get to rule a reformed Jedi Order into his own vision in service of an Empire enforced by clones -and- droids, only for Sheev to go 'nothin personnel kiddo' on him.
>>
>>49885568
People like you are why he's the Roman Reigns of NuCanon now. Fuck off. Maul was scary-looking enforcer dude, that was all there was to him. He should've stayed DEAD not be a major character and upstage Dooku and Vader in two respective tv shows.
>>
>>49886563
Youre an asshole
>>
>>49886574
>OH SHIT DOESNT HE LOOK SO BADASS

fans like you are why star wars has not only darth reigns but also travisslorians
>>
>>49886594
what
>>
>>49886603
Characters that are liked not for their character but based on how 'badass' they look. It's what first pushed Boba Fett to the moon and got us Traviss' interpretation of Mandalorians. Same case with Darth Maul. Because he was 'COOL OH MER GERD' Filoni made him this cool, calculating dude instead of the silent enforcer that he actually was.
>>
>>49886615
Dude all I meant is he deserved better than "scary looking villain with no backstory, no development and a pointless death"

I dont give a fuck about legends shit on him I jsut think he deserved better.

Stop with the autism
>>
>>49886639
>legends shit
Maul's backstory as an epic mastermind is NuCanon though, canon on the same level as TPM and the rest of the two trilogies.

>lose an argument? better call the opponent an autist!
back to /v/
>>
>>49886649
Youre the one who sperged out when all I said is he deserved better than TPM. I havent seen him in anything other than TPM. Stop projecting your bullshit onto me
>>
>>49882261
>Howlrunner
>Not Cienna

It's like you're gay
>>
>>49882412
Bless Skippy's little mechanical heart
>>
>>49886649
Nah, I'm with that guy. Stop sperging out about fictional characters.
>>
File: IMG_20161021_004533.jpg (2MB, 2304x2706px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161021_004533.jpg
2MB, 2304x2706px
Made an ivory and platinum mix for this b-wing. Not sure if I should varnish it or leave it flat.
>>
>>49885980

I went to the midnight release with my gf and she burst out laughing at that scene

'He looks like Josh Groban this is so silly, it was meant to be dramatic and he looks like /that/'
>>
>>49885815
I'm kind of setting something up, but nothing solid yet (I have one guy, plus another 2-3 maybes), and it's on eurotime.
Haven't seen the scan yet, sorry
>>
File: OH NO HE'S HOT.png (230KB, 316x508px) Image search: [Google]
OH NO HE'S HOT.png
230KB, 316x508px
>>49885980
Is your gay friend Squidward Tentacles by any chance?
>>
File: 5-3.jpg (66KB, 768x570px) Image search: [Google]
5-3.jpg
66KB, 768x570px
>tfw no EU movie with Liz as Jaina Solo.
>>
>>49887797
Who!? Not Jaina Solo, who the fuck is Liz?
>>
>>49887057
Your girlfriend sounds like a terrible person.
>>
>>49887870
Elizabeth Gillies.
>>
File: Elizabeth Gillies SDRnR E9 1.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Elizabeth Gillies SDRnR E9 1.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>49887870
>who the fuck is Liz?
Liz Gilles
>>
>>49886649
Settle down man, not everyone reads the comics and watches the Saturday morning cartoons. It's fine to make a judgement call based on the films alone.
>>
>>49887927
>that dude over her right shoulder literally jizzing in his pants as she walks past
I'm actually glad she won't be in Star Wars.
>>
>>49887966
what do you mean by this
>>
>>49884780
I think it DID go out to every device capable of receiving it.
>>
So im thinking of running a game in SAGA. A system ive never used before but ive heard some negativity about like the dark side points. Any house rules i should know.
>>
https://youtu.be/9ZS13ZZIef0?t=13m45s
epic
>>
File: tumblr_ntjfl6a4Dn1u16pfao1_400.gif (156KB, 260x187px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntjfl6a4Dn1u16pfao1_400.gif
156KB, 260x187px
>>49887250
>Untalented at music
>Extremely slender
>Has been evicted from his house before
>BItter at the world

Holy shit anon you've made me come to an amazing revelation.
>>
>>49886563
>>49886615
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-_1mqA3_tw

"Silent enforcer" is a fine role, but there were perspective stories and the above ad even back then which implied that there was supposed to be more to his character. And I think Filoni handled Maul about as well as could be given the stupidity of the concept in the first place-we see that Maul has grown more punishing only as a result of being betrayed. Savage Opress is there to contrast the wiser Maul with what he originally was.
>>
B-Wing: Blue Squadron Pilot (22)
B-Wing/E2 (1)
Tactician (2)
B-Wing: Blue Squadron Pilot (22)
B-Wing/E2 (1)
Tactician (2)
Y-Wing: Gold Squadron Pilot (18)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
· R3-A2 (2)
BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)
HWK-290: Rebel Operative (16)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Tactician (2)

Been messing with this list and a 4 b-wing list with each carrying tactician for piling on stress. Feel like between the hog and the two b-wings and the hwk there's a bit more variance in this list and probably a better chance at inflicting more stress even though it's flimsier. Any suggestions?
>>
>>49884074
>Centuries of the Rule of Two to come to fruition
>Creates an empire that lasts for only 23 years and the current Sith line dies at the end
>>
>>49887912
So, some b-list actress whose been in nothing note-worthy.

Why flip out about something as stupid as that?
>>
>>49888759

>Centuries of the Rule of Two to come to fruition

>Destroys the Old Republic and the Jedi Order for good
>Creates an Empire that lasts for centuries
>Pushes forward countless innovations in sith mysticism
>Cheats death multiple times
>>
>>49888822
>Destroys the old Republic and Jedi Order for good
Shit you're right. It was one for one then. The Jedi and the Sith are done for good.

And then 15 years later we get NJO and Knights of Ren, because the Bathrobe Wars never end
>>
>>49888772
What? I'm just saying she'd be a perfect fit appearance and voice wise for Jaina Solo. She was never considered for TFA, at least I'm not sure whether she was or wasn't.

Also literally most of Star Wars' actors are b-list, only exceptions were a good majority of the Prequel actors, Harrison Ford and Alec Guinness. But the main characters. Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher.. literally haven't starred in a single role since the 1980s. Ian McDiarmid and (obviously) Hayden Christensen are equally b-list.

>inb4 but Ian starred in 50+ movies!
Yeah, name one besides Star Wars.
>that one where he was a gay
Thought so.

It's actually a thing for Star Wars and other space fantasy + sci-fi franchises to have b-list actors... Most of the Trek crews did literally nothing but Trek. Farscape, Stargate and BSG despite having grade-A acting that has aged well (unlike the Prequels that also came out at the same time) have their actors gaining more weight per convention appearance and haven't done anything of note since their shows ended. Another more recent example is that all the GoT actors that got famous because of that show like Emilia Clarke and Kit Harrington are FUCKED once that show ends.
>>
>>49888865
>Bathrobe wars
Once more the Sith shall rule the shower and we shall have... warm water.
>>
>>49888901
>that one where he was a gay
You mean Revenge of the Sith?
>>
>>49888756
I think it ultimately is better. The problem with copy-paste lists (e.g. 4x TLT Y-Wing, or 4x B-Wing), is that you are effectively doubling down, or quadrupling down, on all of your advantages and disadvantages. B-Wings are *still good, and can pack some serious punch. But they're slow(er) knife fighters, they don't dodge well, and rely on their raw power and shielding (and system/crew/cannon slots). Y-Wings have a turret, and astro slot, and can be built to be effective jousters, control ships, and are still tanky. But TLTs don't do shit against more nimble ships, the Y's dial leaves a lot to be desired, and the damned things are especially prone to suffering strings of critical hits.

There is a prevalence for stacking like-ships in X-Wing, and certainly some of the best lists have done just that (5 crack A-Wings, pre-nerf torp scouts, Tie swarm)... But there is something to be said of combined arms, and having a mixture of ships that each perform differently. That's why Bs and As tend to perform well together, or why Palp Aces rarely take more than 1 of any given ship type. The different ships are covering each other's weaknesses.

So, tl;dr, combined arms can work in X-Wing, and is fun.
>>
File: 409.png (604KB, 600x753px) Image search: [Google]
409.png
604KB, 600x753px
>>49888901
Oh yeah forgot to mention Daisy Ridley before playing Rey played a corpse. John Boyega had like a single major role in a minor movie. Adam Driver is equally a literally who. Oscar Isaac was the only major one aside from Harrison Ford. Star Wars and b-list actors go hand-in-hand.

>>49888924
jesus christ anon
>>
>>49888901
Grow up, kid. Your shitty Nickelodeon waifu means nothing to anyone but you and a small handful of other drooling fanboys.

Nobody cares.
>>
>>49888901
>Hamill
>not a single role
>The Joker in the DCAU and Arkham series
>Blair in the Wing Commander series
>Fire Lord Ozai
>One of the characters from Metalocalypse
>One of the characters from Darksiders
He may not have done AAA roles but he hasn't been inactive.
>>
>>49888961
You're not supposed to though. I'm just pointing out the flaw in your argument. I'm not even a part of the footfag waifu club over at /tv/. You wanna act like an edgelord cunt you can go back to /co/, /v/ or /pol/ though. I see you forgot to call me a cuck.

>>49888982
I more of meant not a single role for Fisher, outside of cameos. Hamill had minor roles but if you ask someone out in the street what his major roles outside of Star Wars are, you won't get much answers. Some DC fans know him as the Joker's voice, that's about it.
>>
>>49888901
>have their actors gaining more weight per convention appearance
I've only noticed that with RDA, he's so portly a few more burgers and he won't be able to fit through the stargate.

It's a shame because it seems to have only been in the last couple of years.

Amanda Tapping is still ...Tappable.
>>
>>49889024
I'm not the one wasting paragraphs sperging out because someone doesn't know or care about some kid-network actress.
>cuck
Go back to ruining the porn boards, faggot.
>>
>>49888756
Tactician and TLT doesn't double stress any more. Those 24 points could get you filler Zs, a cheap X or B, a TLT Y, or something similar.
>>
>>49889064
>sperg
Ah, so its /v/ then. And no I wasted paragraphs 'sperging out' that b-list actors are kind of a thing about Star Wars.
>>
>>49879546
Note to self: acquire Protectorate fighters to run a list with only Scyks and Reverse-Scyks.
>>
>>49889143
Go next level and mount them all facing backwards.
>>
>>49889143

Repaint them all in confusingly similar schemes so that people legitimately think you're flying stuff backwards.
>>
>>49879291
Hey everyone, first time visiting /SWG/. Seriously awesome general you guys have built up in here, thanks for all the resources.

I have a player interested in Star Wars, and I figured I'd ask for some advice - any suggestions of actual plays to check out to get an understanding of the FFG system? I've heard good things about Campaign (the podcast), but I'm hoping you guys have some other suggestions. I want to get a feel for what makes a good Star Wars RPG and what kind of questions and moments come up in play for me to prepare for.

In addition, I guess if you have any other advice for a GM new to Star Wars, I'd appreciate it. I've seen all the movies, and I've got the shows on my list of 'to-watch', but that's it... so do be aware I'm not as familiar with the setting as some.

Thanks. And again, thanks for the awesome work you guys have done in the general!
>>
File: troll derpface.png (10KB, 367x347px) Image search: [Google]
troll derpface.png
10KB, 367x347px
>>49883374
You didn't notice the chemistry between Kylo and Hux?
>>
>>49889499
These boys will sort you out
http://start.d20radio.com/home/the-order-66-podcast
>>
>>49889725
Thank you so much!
>>
File: IMG_0823.gif (438KB, 498x278px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0823.gif
438KB, 498x278px
>>49889505
>>
File: rf pennywise.gif (2MB, 350x196px) Image search: [Google]
rf pennywise.gif
2MB, 350x196px
>>49888924
>>
>>49889093

I was under the impression that they did double stress just only within the ships actual arc. Was it errata'd?
>>
>>49888944

I know the hwk is a flying bathtub, but it seemed a good choice for supplemental stress applications. if tactician tlt doesn't work, would it be worthwhile to run the thing with an ion turret possibly? Thanks for your help btw
>>
>>49889992

IIRC, TLT counts as like, one attack you do twice not actually two seperate attacks. But I'm not a TLT expert.
>>
>>49889992
Yeah, check the new timing chart. TLT counts as one attack for purposes of stuff like tactician.
>>
File: tiepilot.png (608KB, 798x672px) Image search: [Google]
tiepilot.png
608KB, 798x672px
>tfw you dogfight better in your bomber than they do in their fighters
>>
>>49889992
The timing errata clarified that the effects of Tactician occur after the attack sequence. Basically, this means that TLT only triggers Tactician once, now. This does NOT mean that Tactician is no longer worth using on a HWK/K-Wing with a TLT. It just can't apply two stress tokens anymore. In your list setup, it could still work alright, because Tactician is only a 2pt crew member and it adds some jousting purpose to the HWK, which otherwise just flies lazy circles around the board.
>>
I love the HWK-290 it hits the sweet spot between fighters like the X-Wing and big burly ships like the Millennium Falcon.
What other small ships are there that you could live in
>>
>>49879702
Oh I do
>>
File: tie pilot 2.png (620KB, 968x675px)
tie pilot 2.png
620KB, 968x675px
>>49890339
Probably the shuttle version of the TIE bomber.
>>
>>49890049
Possibly. The problem with Ions is that they only slowly deal damage, even when the opponent completely flubs an attack roll. And unfortunately, Ion (without stress) doesn't stop their actions/repositioning. So in order for Ion to REALLY punch something in the gut, it's got to have stress as well. Hence te Tactician-Ion combo, for HWKs and B-Wings. The problem there is that Tactician is only range 2. For 6pts you could always just take the Bomb upgrade for the Y-Wing, and slap in a Conner Net with Extra Munitions. Those WILL fuck up something, if you're good at using them.
>>
>>49890319

Better than an ion cannon? Putting an ion token and a stress on an enemy ship seems nasty.

Also, I was just looking at the attack shuttle. Would it serve better in the same role as the hwk?
>>
>>49890339

The G-1A Starfighter (Mist Hunter) has room for two to live cosily aboard it.

The Quadjumper looks like it has a berth for 1 aboard.
>>
>>49889143
You could probably make a pretty decent list out of it, too. And since they're both mandalorian ships, you could call it "mandalorian madness".
>>
>>49890428
Ion + Stress is indeed really nasty. But the problem with it is it will only slowly kill something, and makes that ship a priority target. Plus the 3-dice Ion may still have issues hitting some ships. Even stressed and with an Ion, I've had Guri bounce back, dodge a second Ion attempt (jammers + autothrusters), and then swing around and blow the shit out of the offending ion-ing ship. And THEN clear that stress two rounds later.
>>
>>49890540

>Tansarii Point Vet
>Mindlink
>Mangler Cannon

>Tansarii Point Vet
>Mindlink
>Mangler Cannon

>Concord Dawn Ace
>Mindlink
>Protector Title

>Concord Dawn Ace
>Mindlink
>Protector Title

That's 98 points. Season to taste.

Take advantage of the fact that all your guys are PS5 and can move/shoot in whatever order you want. You have two great long range jousters and two great short range jousters.
>>
>>49890562

Attack Shuttle: · "Zeb" Orrelios (18)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
Tactician (2)
Attack Shuttle: · Ezra Bridger (20)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
Tactician (2)
Attack Shuttle: · Sabine Wren (21)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
Tactician (2)
HWK-290: Rebel Operative (16)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Tactician (2)

What if everything had ion cannons though? Lol I'd only need to get 2 more fucking ghosts. Can't remember the shuttle flying particularly impressive, but it seems like regardless this would be a pretty fucked up list with the ions and tactician on everything.

Also, I thought the starviper wasn't played at all competitively
>>
Is the wook down right now for anyone else?
>>
>>49890747
It works for me.
>>
>>49889499
Oh, and is the Force Awakens RPG book a good place to start, or should I just skip straight to one of the other books?
>>
>>49890766
That's bizarre, I'm getting 'server not found' in all browsers.
>>
>>49890999
Are you in the US? I heard there's some big DDoS going down there now, causing site blackouts for many users. I'm in Europe.
>>
File: scyk.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
scyk.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
How does my scyk repaint look? Its my first time trying racing stripes
>>
File: latest[33].jpg (121KB, 462x634px)
latest[33].jpg
121KB, 462x634px
Mods are asleep. Post Ewoks!
>>
>>49891065
Has anyone repainted his Scyk to the color of the Protectorate Fighter or vice-vers?
>>
>>49890669
The shuttle is alright. It's not particularly impressive (unless you're Hera, who capitalizes on that dial). But it is the cheapest 3-die attack ship the Rebels have, and has a nice spread of upgrades and pilot abilities. Ezra with Chewie and Push the Limit is hilariously effective.

The main issue with multiple Ions, is that any more tokens than the necessary amount (1 for small, 2 for large) are wasted. So a ship that has 3 Ion tokens is going to shed them all at the end of the combat phase regardless. Having multiple does give you more opportunity to get it to stick, however.

Lastly, the Starviper's generics have... issues. They're overcosted and generally not as useful as say a Protectorate Starfighter. Guri and Xizor however, they make that shit work. Guri is a monster who will rule a dogfight in the right hands, bumping aces and dominating generics. Xizor is the ultimate anti-Biggs, and can be a star player with the right setup. Disregard them at your own peril.
>>
>>49891087
Go to bed, Wes.
>>
Do we have stats for the Aggressor in FFG rpgs?
>>
>>49891222

The TIE Aggressor or the IG-88 ship?

The former is in Stay on Target, I think the latter will be in No Disintegrations when it comes out, along with the YV-666 and Fang Fighter.
>>
>>49890806
The TFA set is missing a lot of important stuff. The EoTE or AoR basic sets would be better, pick one depending on the campaign you want to run
>>
>>49891158
>Ezra with Chewie and Push the Limit is hilariously effective.
I'd also recommend Sabine with PtL, Kyle Katarn, and your choice of turret.
>>
>>49890339
There's the S40 Phoenix class, which is basically an older, more ghetto Firespray.
>>
>>49891264
Not F&D? Hm, ok. I'll see what kind of setting my player is most interested in, then. Thanks.
>>
>>49891380
I left out F&D only because I think it works best when everyone already has some experience with the FFG system, but I'm not saying you shouldn't run it if you're interested
>>
>>49891434
Yeah, I figured that might be the case. Knowing my player they'll want to be Force-sensitive, and I don't think they'll want to be embroiled in so much movie stuff, so I'm betting they'll be interested in Edge of the Empire. Thanks!
>>
>>49891158

I see what you mean with the overabundance of ions. Maybe I'll find a way to fit tlts on them and see of that runs any better, but for the cost once they're around that much I think a Y-wing or an arc would maybe be a better choice

I see what you mean about the star vipers. I'll bet a scum axes for them would make them bonkers.

How about something like this? Load kanan down with focus tokens from double recons and Kyle Katarn and fly in tight formation to proc biggs while blocking with kanan and tactical jammer for the two small ships. Between all the focus and sensor jammer it'd make kanan damn near indestructible no?

VCX-100: · Kanan Jarrus (38)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Sensor Jammer (4)
Tactical jammer (1)
Recon Specialist (3)
Recon Specialist (3)
HWK-290: · Kyle Katarn (21)
X-Wing: · Biggs Darklighter (25)
>>
>>49882470
Oh wow, that's my old TIE Gauntlet design. I like the slightly lowered tilt of the wings they went with.
Hopefully it can still mount the external missile pods.
>>
>>49891678
It'll work, if a bit gimmicky. Biggs definitely needs an astromech for integrated. You could be fine with FCS/autoblaster to help handle aces. Once the rebel tie comes out you can swap kyle for Rex with Jyn riding shotgun.
>>
>>49891824

It's got SF coloring, so it would probably have integrated launchers.
>>
File: star-wars-tie-interceptor-battle.jpg (859KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-tie-interceptor-battle.jpg
859KB, 2560x1600px
How can I, as a glorious Imperial commander, take out those annoying, big, turreted ships in X-wing?
>>
>>49892068
Gamma Squadron Pilot x4
-Plasma Torpedos
-Adv Homing Missiles
-XX 23 S-Thread Tracers
>>
>>49892068
Anything with autothrusters has a good shot since the turrets can't reliably get damage to stick. Tie swarms mulch everything, especially low agi targets.
>>
>>49892068
Autothrusters
Ordinance
Consistent damage from multiple ships, and/or consistent damage from a very slippery ship.

When Ghosts were really popular in my area, particularly loaded up Lothal Rebels or Choppers, I used to fly a squad with BB-8 / VI Poe and a pair of Dagger sqdn. B-Wings, one with Plasma torps, one with Proton, that would devour any large-base ship alive in no greater than 4 turns. Once I did it in 2 thanks to a hilarious cascade of critical damage.

Alternatively, bring your own large-base turret and just make it meaner than theirs.
>>
Aspiring writefag here.
What do you guys want in SW novels/stories?
>>
>>49892339
I do like books written from the imperial side. Just stuff that doesnt make them the evil baby killing bad guys all the time
>>
>>49892339
Honestly, more force users just being badass. I don't care what time as long as i's not what Disney is constantly focusing on.
>>
>>49891034
It's apparently up. I can get to it but not some other random sites that I know are online.
>>
>>49892339
Tagge and Binks: A tale about biscuits and gungans.
>>
>>49891938

VCX-100: · Kanan Jarrus (38)
Sensor Jammer (4)
Recon Specialist (3)
Recon Specialist (3)
X-Wing: · Biggs Darklighter (25)
· R4-D6 (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Y-Wing: Gold Squadron Pilot (18)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
· R3-A2 (2)
BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

Made some edits. No outright assistance to kanan from the Y-wing and no blocking or Turret from the vcx, but Biggs is more survivable and the Y-wing can dish stress.
>>
So Rex looks cool and all, but can his Suppressive Fire condition be applied to more than one person at a time or is it always applied to the last person he attacked?
>>
>>49892381
Completely their side? Or perhaps a double POV battle between Imperials and someone else?
>>49892382
That's always a good idea.

I need a good planet to start, though. Something where the Imperials quickly were kicked out post Endor.
>>
File: swx59-suppressive-fire.png (109KB, 196x300px) Image search: [Google]
swx59-suppressive-fire.png
109KB, 196x300px
>>49892896

It's a unique condition, so it can only ever be assigned to one ship at a time, if you assign it again it moves to the new ship. It also has some triggers which remove it pretty quickly too.
>>
>>49892907
You're dealing with a Galaxy. While there are tons of charted planets, making one up is just as good as using one already.
>>
>>49892953
Ah, my bad. I had not noticed the •unique.
Thanks, broski
>>
>>49892953
It's basically meant to be continuously refreshed or moved from target to target.

Interestingly enough, if you're playing a game where there are multiple players with Captain Rex, per the wording it doesn't matter which one you fire on... just so long as you're shooting at a Captain Rex.
>>
>>49892981
Oh shit. I can do that.
Okay, I might have something up by the end of tonight.
>>
File: pizza time.gif (2MB, 340x347px) Image search: [Google]
pizza time.gif
2MB, 340x347px
So we've got Young Lando cast

http://www.starwars.com/news/donald-glover-cast-as-young-lando-calrissian-in-upcoming-han-solo-star-wars-stand-alone-film
>>
>>49893495
Well I'm glad Dong Lover is getting more work
>>
>>49893495
He has the charm, but will this be pre-stache Lando?
>>
>>49893495
I'm only okay with this is he becomes a spokesman for Colt 45.
>>
>>49893562
I think he can rock the stache
>>
Man the escape pods, we're going down!
>>49893788
>>49893788
>>49893788
>>
File: CvUgotsXEAEKfxY.jpg (27KB, 376x480px) Image search: [Google]
CvUgotsXEAEKfxY.jpg
27KB, 376x480px
>>49893714
>>49893562

This was the picture of him Star Wars tweeted with the announcement.
Thread posts: 342
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.