[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1139: Polymemetic Alloy Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 387
Thread images: 68

>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>49864562
>>
How many Jumpers are actually T-1000s?
>>
>>49875038
NOPE. NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.

WE ARE GETTING THE HELL OUT OF THIS UNIVERSE, MORTY. urp. SEE YOU NEXT THREAD.
>>
>>49875179
What's wrong with polymemetic alloy?
>>
>>49875190
Let's just say that despite not having major problems during Terminator, I learned to loathe the models using polymimetic alloy.

Also, I went T-1000 in the last chain, but this one I stayed human.
>>
bringing up my question from the last thread but would you count fire breathing as magic?
>>
>>49875115
I wanted to be one... But the perks in Terminator were too cool.

So I settled for just building an army of them.
>>
In Yūsha Gojo Kumiai Kōryūgata Keijiban do minions created with Demon Spawn carry over jumps?
>>
>>49875217
Did you do Targeted for Termination?
>>
>>49875115
>not being a superior Shoggoth
>>
>>49875316
Yeeeeeeeeep.

>>49875330
¿Porque no los dos?
>>
>>49875290
How is the fire being generated?
>>
>>49875342
looking it over it's just something I can do now but it does say I can cast it from other parts of my body
>>
>>49875379
Is it being generated through chemical reaction or through the channeling of mystical energies?
>>
>>49875394
it's from darksiders
Hellfire(200cp): Power over fire is yours! You can breath or cast fire and gain significant resistance to it.
>>
>>49874216
It had to be passed down somehow though so maybe both?
>>
>>49875416
Yep, that sounds magical to me.
>>
>>49875290
Sufficiently bullshit biology is indistinguishable from magic.

So, maybe?
>>
Just going to throw this down for more feedback.
It's rough as fuck but it's the beginning of the first draft so tear it apart.
http://pastebin.com/WdvZZeCh

Also races
http://pastebin.com/27S4SQS0

Not much concert but I wanted to see if I could get some feedback on what I worked on.

>>49871794
Thank you.
>>
>>49875441
I'm just going to not count it as magic and just say it's bullshit fire powers someone send me a jump with magic I have a hunger for it now after all the jumps where I've had to rely on my swordsmanship
>>
>>49875443
It's good. And it's funny how currently the background perks seem as if they would fit any race, kind of
>>
>>49875443
A person can become an Arrancar before reaching fourth stage.

Will there be spiritual plant seeds and stuff?
>>
>>49875443
There's barely anything here to give feedback on. The perks aren't especially interesting, don't really say much about the setting, and honestly could have passed for something else if it wasn't for Hollows being mentioned up. The races are just that.
>>
File: image.jpg (431KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
431KB, 1080x1920px
>>49875443
Is there a reason a Fullbringer or Hollow can't learn Quincy stuff? I mean, I assume they have natural talent to gather spirit particles, but...

And if Half Quincies are a thing and human can balance hollowness without it poisoning Quincy-ness, then pic related is possible for jumper?
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 9.jpg (56KB, 343x693px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 9.jpg
56KB, 343x693px
>>49875591
I'm trying for a more generalized feel because you'll be able to combo them together however you wish.
Though the requested Qunicy Race is a really hard sell right now.

>>49875610
From the German Hollow Quest the only way to grow to Vasto Lorde is to reach the fourth stage.
I see after reviewing the text what you mean.

>>49875647
Thanks for the feedback, any suggestions?
>>
>>49875745
The reasoning in German Hollow Quest is the fact that Qunicy spiritual energy and Hollow spiritual energy are mutually exclusive, also very volatile as the SS Qunicy found out when he was covered in the MC's grey goo and physically annihilated.
>>
Would Seeing the Future from NGNL be useful for long-term planning in situations such as running a country, or is it mostly for problems like "how do I beat this guy in a game of wits in a really clever way"?
>>
>>49875749
>Thanks for the feedback, any suggestions?
If you're intentionally trying to make the perks bland so that they combo better, then there's nothing that will help. It doesn't help that right now there's nothing in there that distinguishes this from Bleach either, so I'm still seeing this as just another Bleach jump. Adding in new races without any backstory or worldbuilding doesn't help it either, since it just feels like it was tossed in without any thought.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d7)

>>49874545
>You survived.
>Not in one piece, I see. Oh, well. At least you made it to the finish line, right?
Why?
>I was bored. My last ‘client’ bored me a little too much around this point. But you've surpassed them with flying colors. I'm almost proud of you.
>Don't give me that look. You're the best investment I've made in a long time. You have a higher chance of making it to the end than the ones before you.
Wasn't there a better way to test that? And what do you mean ‘others’?
>You said it yourself, didn't you? ‘I have no time for weaklings’. And I've been much kinder to you than I have to others. Honey over vinegar, you know.
>Haven't lost your nerve, have you?
Where's the next one?
>That's what I like to hear, slugger.

1. Splatoon
2. Freebie!
3. Soul Hackers
4. Mark of the Ninja
5. Megaman Classic
6. Kantai Collection
7. Naruto
>>
>>49875880
>If you're intentionally trying to make the perks bland so that they combo better, then there's nothing that will help.
I'm not trying to make them bland, just able to be taken with origins. Racial perks are a little in the not even first draft worthy stage, and I may actually scrap the current skeleton or a customization set up or something.

> It doesn't help that right now there's nothing in there that distinguishes this from Bleach either, so I'm still seeing this as just another Bleach jump.
Yata is the scienctest, so I can see how that would cause recall to the perk-line from the Bleach Jump. What do you think of Kaizer's perkline here: http://pastebin.com/RNHqgyd6
It is obviously older by six hour.

> Adding in new races without any backstory or worldbuilding doesn't help it either, since it just feels like it was tossed in without any thought.
Very much need fluff got it.
Thanks for the feedback. This is more of a slow burn project so expect slower updates than my usual in two-to-five days ones. More like... was it Minish Cap that I took time on?
>>
File: 1456113082949.gif (1MB, 406x449px) Image search: [Google]
1456113082949.gif
1MB, 406x449px
>>49876031
Enjoy the new waifus Heavens.
>>
File: The Pharaoh.png (893KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
The Pharaoh.png
893KB, 850x1200px
>>49876031
Embrace the Harem Life
>>
>>49876031
...is it just me, or is this Jump-chan starting to sound a lot like the last one?.
>>
Hey /jc/, what are some good perks for building an amry?
>>
>>49876105
It's the same Coordinator, so that's lending a lot to it.
>>
>>49876031
Is this chain going to end in 6 more jumps? I've noticed that the numbers for rolls has been decreasing hence why I ask.
>>
>>49876110
The Demon Lord capstone from Hero BBS, the Abyssal semblance from RWBY, any necromancy perks, and the various "you attract mooks to your cause in any jump", like the ones from Redwall and Captain N.
>>
>>49876083
>>49876086
You're both grounded.
>>49876105
>>49876122
Good catch.

>>49876138
I have an idea for how I want this arc to end, but it hinges largely on if a certain jump finishes this week. If not, I'll be either making a new toss list or taking the reins once the list is cleared.
>>
>>49876158
You can't ground me!
>>
>>49876044
>What do you think of Kaizer's perkline here: http://pastebin.com/RNHqgyd6
It runs into the same problem. Your problem isn't with the perk's effects, those are generally fine since your wording is so blunt. But none of it reads like Bleach, and without any context, I would've thought this was for another Valkyrie Profile spin off or something.
>>
>>49876237
I don't know how I would go about making it sound more like Bleach. Maybe I'll just kick it up for adoption too.
>>
>>49876277
I can't think of any jumps that actually read like their source material beyond being recognizable as based on it due to specific terms and maybe having a specific tone, so I don't know why anon's making such a big deal of it.
>>
>>49876277
Isn't there anything at all that you can put in worldbuilding wise? Right now your descriptions have nothing that create the sense that the world you're in is Bleach at all. Take Kaizer's perk chain for example, aside from mentioning something about "Ragnarok" and "Einherjar", there's absolutely nothing in there that tells anyone about the world. Even the "Ragnarok" and "Einherjar" doesn't tell you much, since basically nobody outside of the GHQ circle knows the significance of either of these terms. Are we supposed to presume the Norse Gods are coming back? Or are the Hollow actually Odinsons?

You said that you were going for a "more generalized feel", but in this case, you've gone so generic that your perks just read like game manuals as far as "this is what ability A does". That works fine for your notion of "free mix and match", but it does absolutely nothing when you're trying to distinguish yourself from the main Bleach setting. You've made a point that GHQ apparently works on different rules than the rest of the Bleach universe, but nothing that you've written so far suggests that because you keep skimming the surface.
>>
>>49876277
You don't need to do that, Gaunlet, it's very good. And to be honest, like this anon said >>49876351, most jumps don't sound that much like their source material.
>>
>>49876086
Fleet end is best end
>>
>>49876158
Is this going to be a series of chains? Perhaps with an end confrontation with your asshole interpretation of the benefactor when one of them reaches super late chain bullshit?

Utilizing an OP as fuck Harem Army
>>
>>49876530
Hopefully not, if this Jumper makes it and I don't pick any absurdly difficult drawbacks again. I do have an idea of what the future holds, though.

Build is forthcoming.
>>
>>49876351
>>49876406
Thanks just these stupid... Need thicker skin is all. Can't get disheartened by, very well meaning and nice, criticism.

>>49876363
Thanks. I'm having trouble with it, obviously, but the balance isn't really working out.
I get what you're talking about but I was trying to avoid playing merry hell on a persons mind.
I could flesh out A Wretched State to show that it may or may not come from SS training.
Does Crutches are made for those who need them really need to be changed?
Usurpador (Usurper) I could go further on about how taking a persons Zampaktou (That's spelled wrong isn't it <_<) you might just get yanked into the Zampaktou's world so it can speak with you. Also accidentally making Zampaktou-Hollow.
Hybrids.Einherjar (Former Warriors) I wanted to do more with the Norse theme of the wording, but other than naming it and a few things being placed at its feet I've got little more than the description and those feats. I'll look for more.
A Cold Analytical Monster I didn't want to intrude to far into the mindset that this gives you, as I've yet to come up with a Drop-In line. Also Nazi Scientist who worked on the gypsies.
I thought Yes, you do was fairly fluffy.
No Such Thing as Perfection is really bland I'll admit to that. How would you rewrite it to give it a more striving for excellence beyond perfection, perhaps with a Nationalist Japanese or Nazi feel to it.
The Fifth Step is nothing but fluff right now but I'll work on refining the fluff to make it more... close to GHQ's tone.
How's all that?
This is only the beginning I'm just not in the best headspace for this kinda thing and I'm trying to make sure you guys know that I am working on it. A primary complaint I see often happening on Thread is people claiming stuff and then just fading away, which I get is something of a dick move.
>>
>>49876703
You're digging your own grave by dropping things up for public review when you admit yourself it isn't polished man. If what you're after is a sounding room, you should probably find a group of people who actually know what your setting is and use them as a peer review group rather than toss it out to the wolves. I'm pretty sure you've noticed what happened when Blade was tossing out scratchpad WIPs.

M isn't an ending in Japanese if you have trouble remember how to spell it by the way. ざ(ん)ぱ(く)とう is always an N, and we don't compress the ku into a k. Learning to read hiragana and katakana isn't tough, and takes about half an hour at most to recognize symbols. Also, if I were you, unless you actually studied Japanese Nationalism, I wouldn't play around with it too much. There are a lot of pitfalls in there that can quickly drag you into /pol/ territory.

I critiqued Blade's "incomplete" work and pretty much realized what a futile task that was, so I guess I'll just say "This is good as it is for what it is" and leave it until you're actually done.
>>
File: seriously.png (85KB, 407x222px) Image search: [Google]
seriously.png
85KB, 407x222px
>>49876110
Everything you will ever need for that is in supcom
>>
>>49876110
At the risk of self-shilling, F.E.A.R. has Replica tanks and Warframe's practically got everything one needs to start up the beginnings of fine-tuning said army's appearance and weapons.
>>
>>49876843
Lot's of sensitive subjects get brought up in GHQ, something that I avoid if I keep the generalized feel but I'm losing the flavor as has already been said of the setting,
Yata is a Hollow who was a Japanese Nationalist Scientist, during WW2. He's done some pretty horrid things apparently. His Hollow form which is said to be influenced by how you lived life, is a plague bearing bird that can kill Menos and leave entire areas red zones for a long time if he doesn't limit their lifespans, which he can do apparently one the fly.
Thanks for the feedback. Zanpaktou, right? Fuck it, Soul Cutter.
>>
http://pastebin.com/0Hpm7Wbc

Burgli's Epilogue. Will include the ENTIRE chain upon request but just so people don't have to scroll so much, I'm just leaving the last two jumps.
>>
>>49877070
Requested, if it isn't too much trouble. I missed most of the story, so I need to go back through.
>>
>>49876984
I didn't say to avoid it, I said that if you don't understand the concepts of Japanese Nationalism, then you should avoid stressing it in such a way that portrays you, the author, as using the jump as a political soapbox. Whenever you write in depth about any field of politics you're painting a target on yourself asking to be shot.

That being said, you're the subject matter expert, so if you feel that Japanese Nationalism is a key part of GHQ that can't be ignored, then you can decide how much should be expressed and how to express it. This is of course doubly true, if you happen to be a subject matter expert on Japanese Nationalism. I trust, that you, as a seasoned jumpmaker, should have the expertise to handle the language in a manner that won't give detractors any ammunition.
>>
>>49877209
http://pastebin.com/w3u8TTgv

Some Jumps may be a little outdated due to updates. I tried to comb through and touch it up last night. Bare with me if I missed a few.
>>
>>49877070
>http://pastebin.com/0Hpm7Wbc
Pretty disappoint you didn't take Light of Terra for the windup to the conclusion, but pretty nice all otherwise.
>>
>>49877327
I considered LoT but the companions and scenarios are so specific to LoT it didn't feel like the right fit for Burgli. Having 40k's inclusion in Burgli's story be a complete anti-climax felt way more apropos.
>>
>>49877215
Not really a key part of GHQ as much as something that is gone over and could be used to flesh out the generalized perks, which could be seen as making light of the subject. I'll try to figure out how to do it without too much mention of things, personally I just need the perks to have a certain amount of personality. Which as of yet I've not managed.
I wouldn't go so far as to say seasoned Jumpmaker either, I've only got what three Jumps to my name?
Mortal Heroes Guantlet
LoZ Minish Cap
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Yep two Jumps and one Gauntlet .
>>
>>49877070
...I don't think I've seen any Jumper just plain suicide when something like that Endjump came their way. Fresh.

Gotta say, while summoning a Leviathan to sink some landmass is hardly something I'd do, that return sequence seems well planned of Burgli. Even if him sleeping until the stars (well, genes?) are right for the sake of his race makes me sad.
>>
>>49877374
Yeah, it was definitely nice the way you laid out the sequence at the end, it's just a personal preference of mine to see what special jumpers do through LoT.

>>49877375
Well, most jumpmakers don't ever get past the single digits so even if you make just a couple you're already seasoned.

Honestly I have no clue what GHQ is, and it doesn't really seem too interesting, so I have minimal stake in this, but if you're not going to focus on the things that you find interesting, then what are you really trying to sell as far as the jump is concerned?

You have an uphill battle to begin with since people who don't know the setting will likely see this as a "replacement Bleach" jump, and you have this habit of "teasing" bits and pieces at a time, and I suppose that's how you prefer to work, but the pieces you're teasing here aren't particularly engaging. So like Blade's Xenoblade X WIP, I don't really feel like digging into it to figure out what it is. At the end of the day after all the talk about GHQ I still don't know the setting any better than I did before.
>>
>>49877571
That's fine Dirge. Thanks for the feedback.
>>
What jump is Chaos Eyes from? Or at least that's what I think it's called, it's the one with the eyes reflecting chaos itself or something.
>>
>>49877748
Webmage.
>>
>>49877779
Thanks.
>>
>>49877436
Burgli offing himself was a powerplay on my end while offering a big middle finger to Jumpchan and 40k. As for his reasons? Who knows, maybe precognition told him it was all over or maybe Burgli noped out of life on a whim.

As for the Leviathan, if you take a look at Vanilla WoW's map, I triangulated the area that the Leviathan shit stomped using Dagger Hills, Zuuldala and Dead Acre and made sure that it not only had strategic value but also did minimal damage to Westfall as a whole.

And that ending? Bittersweet is my favorite flavor as a writer. I'm a horrible, twisted, salty, salty creature.
>>
>>49876158
>>49876031
Jump 30: Kantai Collection - I...have no idea what to expect, here.
Background: Admiral - Welcome back to the world of warfare.
Perks:
Captain's Orders - I don't want to hear any excuses about not being able to read me.
Yamato Damashii - If you want something done right...! [900]
Winds of Fortune - Of course. [750]
Beacon of Hope - A leader must be bright. [450]

Gear:
Extra Resources [250] - Logistics are Important.
Remodeling Equipment [150] - As is modernization.
Marriage Ring - ...what.

Fleet:
Kinu - Light Cruiser [300]
Import - ‘Fluffy’ (FF6 Airship) [200]
Import - ‘Excalibur’ - Nickname: Cali (Skies of Arcadia Airship - Medium) [100] - Flagship
Kinugasa - Heavy Cruiser [0]

[Companion Import details to come at a different time.]

Drawbacks:
Compass-Chan's Wrath [250] - I guess things won't be boring here.
Unremarkable [350] - Why is my CO's first response to me speaking “Who?”

I wake up at a desk to see two unfamiliar faces...and two that look a bit familiar, that are looking at me a bit more expectantly than the others are. I rub my temples a bit and I eventually see papers authorizing me to be an official Admiral of shipgirls. Shipgirls. Girls who are ships. Including two of mine, as I start to recognize the telltale...uhm, ‘features’.
>>
>>49877895
Fluffy is amazingly short and something of a glass cannon, with the speed and personality of someone on a perpetual sugar rush. She seems to continually try and get my attention, especially when I'm talking to Cali, and insists I give her as many guns as I gave her during my journey in Skies of Arcadia. She also insists I call her ‘Lulu’ instead of her real, amazingly embarassing name. I probably shouldn't have given her such a moniker, especially now that she's sentient...

Cali is...something. She's a thrill-seeker, a dynamic and excitable young woman, but she's also calm and things in the long-term. She sees battle as a source of adventure and is usually the first person to talk to me about recent events. More than that, I feel like she knows me better than the entire Fleet, and is usually the first to voice concern or objections to questionable actions I take. Her presence is...well. I don't hate it.

Kinu and Kinugasa are both hard workers in their own way, often trying to show up the more-familiar ‘veterans’. I make it a point not to make it seem like I'm playing favorites, and treat everyone fairly - they do well on the field. I just wish I had actually bothered to get a carrier as opposed to impulse buys. Well, nothing the right amount of firepower can't solve, especially with what I can put together in my workshop...heheh.
>>
Anybody know where I can get portals that act like a funnel?
What I'm imagining is one portal being bigger than the other, and them facing each other, causing a feedback loop where energy/matter from the edges of the big portal is concentrated continuously towards the center as is leaves the little portal.

Alternatively does anybody know how I can set up two portals to go to 1 other portal?
>>
>>49877963
It's theoretically possible in S9/10 of Stargate. No idea what'd happen, though, or how many nuclear detonations you'd have to set off for it to happen.
>>
>>49877963
Problem Sleuth. There's a lot of Weird Puzzle Shit that relies on portals whose ends are different sizes. I'm not sure how possible it would be to reverse-engineer their portal technology, because Problem Sleuth runs on literal dream logic, but it's worth a shot.
>>
>>49877928
No.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d6)

>>49877915
>How cute~.
...what? They're my allies. Isn't it natural to spoil them a little.
>I'm not talking about that. I see how you're eyeing that one.
Is...that a problem?
>Not really. I like it when things aren't such a one-sided affair.
>Silence is consent, they say. Let's spin the wheel and see where you go next, hm?

1. Splatoon
2. Freebie!
3. Soul Hackers
4. Mark of the Ninja
5. Megaman Classic
6. Naruto
>>
>>49877327
Dirge, we can learn to make our Nevi shoot, merge with them and be elites, like the yellow core ones, by eventually learning it in our own time? I mean, this is what I noticed occurring naturally, but I am not sure about limitations you put on Nevi stuff that can be learned naturally by just taking heart of darkness
>>
>>49878323
The entire Heart of Darkness chain is there to set a foundation for handling Nevi. If you asking about whether the subperks within Heart of Darkness can be replicated without purchase, some of them probably can, some of them can't.

If you're asking whether you can expect to create Nushi and such, that'll likely depend on what other perks you're using and what approach you're taking, but with HoD alone you won't be capable of doing it.

The process of "Nevi Evolution" is largely unexplained in game itself, and it isn't shown even through inference the relationship of how each "genus" of Nevi is linked to the others. We know basic qualities of their biology and nature, but not much else besides.

I don't remember the English version being any more comprehensive than the Japanese, and I stuck with the Japanese version for the most part since my English isn't that great and it isn't my first language.
>>
>>49878531
Dude, your English as good if not better than most people on this site's.
>>
File: sithrak.jpg (155KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
sithrak.jpg
155KB, 760x596px
How many gods have you been a servant/priest of during your chain and what did they think of you?
>>
File: seven_kirk_07.jpg (23KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
seven_kirk_07.jpg
23KB, 400x250px
>>49878788
Why do gods need starships?
>>
>>49878819
Why do omnipotent multiversal entities need entertainers?
>>
>>49878819
Because sometimes you're over here and want to smite something way the fuck over there.
>>
File: because it's cool.jpg (69KB, 507x307px) Image search: [Google]
because it's cool.jpg
69KB, 507x307px
>>49878819
>>
>>49878848
Because they're not actually omnipotent.
>>
>>49878819
Because I'm too lazy to walk.
>>
>>49878788
Sometimes to Blend in, sometimes to weasel for more power, the only Deity I really acknowledge is Miss Producer though
>>
File: iowa1476263205503.jpg (162KB, 951x1200px) Image search: [Google]
iowa1476263205503.jpg
162KB, 951x1200px
>>49878819
Because ships take care of their captains.
>>
>>49877070
Pales in comparison to your Wuxia entry. C-
>>
File: itslookingrightatme.jpg (93KB, 790x842px) Image search: [Google]
itslookingrightatme.jpg
93KB, 790x842px
So, jumpers. You're a bit out of place. I know it, you know it, everyone in jump knows it. But what I'm here to ask you about today is the associated freak-outs.

What jumper-related revelation produced the most entertaining/interesting response amongst the populace of your chain? It doesn't have to be sweeping or plot-significant, just that it stopped you for a minute to take it in (or bask) when you found out.
>>
>>49878531
Could I do what Alias did with only Heart of Darkness and practice then? The boss form. I am not exactly sure what his two orbiting Nevi were.

Also, I didn't even realize your English is not your native language. So you are Japanese?
>>
File: Eyes.jpg (14KB, 540x358px) Image search: [Google]
Eyes.jpg
14KB, 540x358px
Is there anywhere I can get my eyes to be able to be seen in the dark without them glowing? It would be, IMO, much more unsettling.

Pic- and vid-related (2:41).
>>
>>49879248
Dammit, here's the vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KOLwNWHB1c
>>
>>49877070
That was an odd mix of enjoyable and sad. I don't think I've ever seen anyone put that much effort into theirtime post chain, and it was nice to see Burgli get home and have what was, all told, a good end. I feel for the little guy though, being stuck in a tank pumping out blood for centuries...

Really enjoyed the whole Burgli saga. Thanks for writing it. Great stuff!
>>
A new Life sounds interesting. Escaping this boring Life I have. And being a teenager again will be fun too, I suppose. And just for the fun of it, i'd like to try this as a girl. Maybe the other End is some more fun. As soon as I droped my Pen, signaling Jump-chan I was done choosing, my apartment went black on me. She didn't said something about Pain in the Process, but this was clearly more Pain than my Brain could handle. My Bones snapped, my Skull felt crushed and my whole Skin felt, as if I had caught fire. Fifteen Years reversed on me, receding the little goatee I was trying to maintain, leaving behind smooth, hairless skin. Then something pressed my shoulders together – and what I got narrower on the top, flared out on the bottom. With even more force my hips widened a couple inches. The Disappearance of my balls where nearly painless, but every tenth of an inch of my cook felt like a mad man sliced it with razor blades. When the pain subsided, I was no longer a guy. I was the Girl I had opted to be. Just a few things where left, to change to my new appearance. I buckled as the Mounts of Flesh pushed themselves out of my chest, growing bigger every second. Leaving me panting, with a bosom, that was more than enough for a fourteen year old girl. A tingling in my scalp told me of the next change. My Hair sprouted like someone had washed them with growing elixir. Over the course of the next minutes it grew first past my shoulders and then past my waist, only to stop below my Butt. Then it darkened from the sandy blond I had, to brown and to a glossy black.

1/2
>>
>>49879329

I felt a tugging on my left arm, that awoke me from my slumber. “Chu?” I groaned and tried to shake of the weird dream I had. As If this woman could make it true, that I could jump into the Pokémon World. But th annoying little hand grabbed onto my arm and I could feel a creature climb to my chest. “Pika! Pikapii!” I raised my eyelids to see a orange and very large... mouse like thing resting on my Chest. “G'mornin' ” I said and was not surprised at all, that I had a girls voice. Sure it felt akward, but haden't I felt all the pain of the Age Regression and the Gender Change? So it was true and I was now a Teenager in a World, I had imagined myself in when I played the games. Not as girl through, but I wished for this. Then the 'new' Memories kicked in. I went to bed late yesterday, because I was over excited to leave this Place. “Would you kindly let me get dressed, Pikachu? “ I asked and stood up. The 'experience' of having lived as a girl for 14 years prevented that I felt unbalanced or ofcenter, but it felt weird anyways. Quickly I draw some cloths from the dresser and Minutes later I was ready for the day.

The Bag was packed more than a week in advance but still, my Mom checked if I had forgotten anything. “Be sure to call us, Dear.”, she instructed me, to not forget them, as I sat off a bit later.
“Mom, I am a big girl, I can do this – aaaaand I have Pikachu, right Buddy?”, I asked the Pokémon on my left Shoulder that noded and waved at my Parents.

Several years later, and a conquest of the Pokéleagues of the World at full blast, the last years come and I have to leave this world.

Next: InFamous
>>
>>49879139
Well I do love this trick where they realize I don't need a brain or any other organ. That's always a fun freakout.
>>
File: 8890271.gif (45KB, 333x187px) Image search: [Google]
8890271.gif
45KB, 333x187px
>>49878819
I'm really more into concepts. In my experience, gods are just super powered people, and people are case by case. I worship Eggman more than I worship most gods.
Like, seriously. Have you heard me talk about Eggman? He's the best.

That said, I generally don't go out of my way to be a dick to gods. If they are to be considered as "just people with super powers", then that's how they'll be judged. I've met some nice gods.

On a less uplifting note, I also followed Mask as a sortof "easier than swimming upstream" decision in Forgotten Realms, though he didn't grant me spells or anything because I wasn't a cleric.
Someone asked me why. I said, "Because he's got style, and at least he's not pretending."
Things seemed to really go my way that week after I said that.
Also, I mean, it kinda deadens the blow when you know the guy you're backing is going to bite it come the next edition.

>>49879139
I usually play the stealth jumper card, but I sortof accidentally ripped it in half during Captain N, after I met Robotnik. I mean, I just couldn't contain my nerdgasms.
So, among other people, Kevin learned that I was some kind of dimension hopping anomaly. And I may have let slip that my game, which was born from Kid Radd, wasn't supposed to exist? And I may have let slip that in my world, he himself was fictional.

I watched him stare blankly off into space for five whole minutes, then crouch down while clutching his head in the fetal position.
>>
>>49878788
I have served myself many times, and acted as my own priest.

I also was my own church and my own nation.

Man, self-duplication perks are weird.
>>
>>49878204
Mind posting a link to that worm seven story you were writing a while ago?
>>
>>49879366
So other than Eggman and Mask, who've been your favorite gods or other powerful beings?
>>
File: cocky banchô-Anon.jpg (51KB, 853x380px) Image search: [Google]
cocky banchô-Anon.jpg
51KB, 853x380px
>>49879139
>>girl genius

Othar Tryggvassen's face when he found out that Completely rational technology can be more powerful than that created with the spark

>>various low-tech jumps

Various religious schisms/new faiths/Wars brought on by a Star-God showing up and sharing his technology.

hey everybody, have you heard of the germ theory of disease and prenatal care? Here's how to triple your life expectancy and cut infant mortality to less than half!

>>every mundane Modern jump since civilization

the world was once mostly ruled by magical dragons. The last breeding pair has an embassy of their fallen civilization,usually in New York.
>>
>>49879329
Family Guy native?
>>
>>49879175
Heart of Darkness would let you tame and subdue the Nevi, but Alias's Hydra merging is probably out of the question, considering it's implied that either he's merged with both, or there's something else at work entirely. He kinda gets squished before we can figure out what exactly he is. Adaptation By Any Other Name/Man & Shadow are probably some of the subperks that can't get emulated completely by just Heart of Darkness alone because of how "varied" its applications are.

With time you could probably "mold" something similar with just heart of darkness, but you'll need to find a different way to go about merging yourself with it.

Chinese is my mother tongue. Japanese is technically my second.
>>
>>49879410
Ammy was fun, from Okami. Martel was also nice.
I'm also technically a scion of Loki, and actually visited him and some of my other siblings in Viking Saga. He was a pretty okay guy.
I've also met a bunch of lesser shinto gods, although that again really depends on what you define as "gods", as they're often closer to spirits. They are pretty hit or miss, generally.

I was actually working for Yami in Okami, originally, because I wanted access to tech, see? I ended up fighting Ammy as a result, mostly with lots of traps, but she kicked my ass and I ended up begging forgiveness. And... she forgave me.
She may be a crude mutt, but she's pretty nice.
It did hurt, though. The ass kicking.
>>
>>49879506
Didn't that girl, Echo, merge with the Nevi she had in her backpack?
>>
>>49879042
>not Manifest Breastiny
0/10, shit analysis.
>>
>>49879590
Echo wasn't so much merged as she was consumed. It's implied that left to rampage, she would have likely died off in the process. Complete merging, like Alias does, is slightly different given the level of "control" and the "controller" are two different things in the comparison between Alias/Echo.
>>
>>49879387
http://pastebin.com/sr6TGYnh

Here you go. I'm sad to say, it's probably not going to be continued. The file for the jump I was basing it off of went poof after some computer troubles.

I wanna try Worm writefaggotry again, possible under a different chain. I can never seem to be satisfied with how a chain is going.
>>
>>49879506
I don't see any perk that would grant Raven's ability to throw people back and forth like she did. Is it just general stasis field? And I don't quite understand what Axis Shock is meant to be. Neither what the Shifter capstone is meant to be
>>
File: Best RWBY Girl.jpg (135KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Best RWBY Girl.jpg
135KB, 1024x576px
>>49879139
Well there was that one time I spent most of Fairy Tail as just another, albeit strong, member of the Guild.
Then I suplexed Acnologia

There was that time Hitler pulled out Nazi Super Science and I responded with Genetic Monstrosities

Not the "general populace" but my friends in Persona were kinda weirded out when my Shadow split into two completely different beings.
>>
>>49879647
>I don't see any perk that would grant Raven's ability to throw people back and forth like she did. Is it just general stasis field?
General Stasis Field can do it. Axis Shock can do this as well.

>And I don't quite understand what Axis Shock is meant to be. Neither what the Shifter capstone is meant to be

Do you mean you don't know what it does, or do you mean you don't know what element of the game I pulled it from, because not everything there is pulled directly from the game. Axis Shock ties in concepts of gravity control with general laws of physics, whereas Force Given Form takes the theoretical concept of gravity creating creatures and applying it to other physical constructs.
>>
Jump #002
InFamous
what am I doing?
1000cp

rolled 7
Empire City – oh fuck!

Rolled 4
17 + 4
Aged 21 – well, that went quickly.

Soldier
-100cp

Power:
Electrokinesis

Additional Powers:

Subdue
Light Body Amor
-50cp
-150cp (discount)
Toggle
-300cp

Gear:
Hardened Cell Phone
-100cp
Safe House
-200cp
Biocapacitor
-200cp
Combat Stims
-100cp

Setbacks:
Emotion
+200

End Choice: Next
>>
>>49879826
>Writefagg

“So, WHAT THE FUCK HAPPEND?!”, I ask completely naked amidst my Comrades, that look at me like I was a stranger to them. “Well, Meg, you are naked.”, my Sergeant pointed it out like Captain Obvious. “No Shit Sherlock”, I promptly reply and try to cover my bosom, and sparks emit from my hands. “What the...”

“I knew Meg had huge knockers, but.. wow.”
“I hear you, Brad, and I know you peeked more than once into the showers, you pervert.”, I claim and drop a shit load of papers on his desk. “If you want to gloat at them, I will try to make sure some electricity from your head to your toe... how about some Terravolts?” I offer with a wry smile.
“You know, the Higher Ups are not that fond of your... ability”, Jack says and pats me on my Head.
“Well, I myself ain't that happy about it”, I lie with confidence, that the Girl I am right now is in fact not happy about being a conduit, but I have to come to terms with that.
“So, what paperwork did you bring in, Sparky?”
“Well, we dealt with a Thief, Conduit at that, we found out that I am a Conduit myself, I need some Signs from you guys for my new Equipment, and I heard Captain baker talking about going back into the City, but I think we will be diverted to another City, as this Thing here is a piece of rubble, and I won't be a good show of Force, with this conduit hostility here in this... City. You had to shield me the whole time back to Base. “

1/2
>>
>>49879871

“Meg, now!”, Brad shouted and a ray of electricity jolted across the room and the Door that was restraining our advancement blew out of it's frame. The Assault Rifle in aiming position, we seized the room, only two Hostiles, that surrendered quickly to a few volts from my palm. “Clear, two Hotels, no...”, I stopped short. A little Girl grinned at us, a grenade in her hands. “NO!!”, I yelled and leaped forward, tackling her down and the grenade rolled in slow motion back into the hallway and detonated with devastating effect. The Building we had entered collapsed as the main supporting structure was blown away and I hurled my team out of this mess. “Brad, Mike, Jack, let's get out of here”
“Affirmative!”

Next: Mass Effect

2/2
>>
File: blank3.jpg (30KB, 292x247px) Image search: [Google]
blank3.jpg
30KB, 292x247px
>>49877070
Nice!

So how long until Burgli's knowledge is used/misused to genetically enhance the praetorian guard for his tank, creating the first chapter of Murloc Marines?

>>49877963
Wakfu Eliatropes?

>>49878819
Why decide between smiting and saving your worshippers when you can do both at the same time? Also, style. Who do you fear more, the god who sent a plague at your village or the god whose chariot of iron can blow up the moon?

>>49879139
Well, the fact that I could hand out superpowers in Worm was a bit of a shock to the PRT. The fact that said superpowers not only didn't lead to psychological instability but improved mental wellbeing was even more of a surprise.

I'll never forget the look on Cauldron's faces when they realised you have to wear a magical girl outfit and go through a transformation to use them, though. And that I've come from places where this is an actual thing.

Alexandria spat out her drink and started calling bullshit.

Dr. Mother just sat there staring at nothing.

The Number Man got a headache from trying to crunch the numbers on magic and pyreflies.

Eidolon started hitting his head against the nearest wall.

And Contessa and the Custodian were already leaving to try theirs on.
>>
File: 6540894984.jpg (12KB, 540x608px) Image search: [Google]
6540894984.jpg
12KB, 540x608px
Time for more writing!
>+ is the Coordinator.
>= is Raven.

==Last time on Restarted Chain: Fallout happened. Jumper's LVL has risen 4 points.

>+"Well, did you have a nice time?"
"I'm just be happy to not be tasting heavy metals with each breath."
>+"At least you developed a nice tan."
"Pretty sure you mispronounced skin cancer there."
>+"So much snark. At least you managed to keep me entertained for the ten years. Where would you like to head to next?"

Jump 6: Ranma 1/2

Drawbacks: Second Worst Parents (+600, 1600)
>="Why would you take this?"
"It's an easy way to stay entertaining and involved here."
>="There has to be a better way..."
"The other options aren't much better. It's a pretty ridiculous universe."
>="Then why are we going here?"
"Because after the last ten years, we both need to laugh a little."
>="...You don't actually have to marry anyone, do you?"
"I don't think so. Why?"
>="N-No reason!"

Origin: Martial Artist (100, 1500)

Curse: Spring of Drowned Girl (Rolled)
"Stop laughing."
>="I... can't!"
"At least they're larger than yours."
>=*Insulted gasping noises.webm*

Perks:
+ Martial Acrobatics (Free)
+ Weirdly Specific Martial Arts (100, 1400) - Pic Related. Yes, I'm serious.
+ Hidden Weapon Space (200, 1200) - Gotta keep my weapons somewhere.
+ Construction Master (200, 1000) - I have a feeling I'm going to be using this a lot.
+ Amazon Durability (100, 900) - Being able to ignore thrown cars is useful.

Items:
+ Mushroom of Time Spores (200, 700) - Useful for when Age Rolls go wonky.
+ Jellyfish Swimsuit [x2] (50, 650) - Bought Male and Female versions. I'm not a strong swimmer.
+ Packet of Instant Jusenkyo Water [x3] (300, 350) - Boy, Girl, and Duck versions.
>="You're going to incorporate this into your Water Bending, aren't you?
"You know it!"
+ Flame-throwing Staff (50, 300) - Eh, I had a few extra points.

Rest of the build and story coming up.
>>
>>
>>49879926
>And Contessa and the Custodian were already leaving to try theirs on.
>and the Custodian

...what was her transformation like?
>>
>>49880027
How would you know? She's invisible and incorporeal.
>>
>>49879813
I don't understand what they do and what element of game you pulled it from. You explained the second problem but not former. What do they do? Do gravitational items generate energy, do they have suction abilities, how durable are they? And what does Gravity Shock do?

Is Wave Rider just using stasis shock while sliding?
>>
File: Lady Maria.png (237KB, 715x501px) Image search: [Google]
Lady Maria.png
237KB, 715x501px
>>49879989
No bully!
>>
Is it a bad idea to companion a psychopath?
>>
>>49879956
Companion Import (Free)
Raven: Age - 14, Martial Artist, Spring of the Drowned Boy (Free Choice)

>="How about we care sizes /now/!"
"... Did you waste a free choice of turning into literally anything just on the off chance you would be larger than me?"
>="Shut up!"

+ Martial Acrobatics
+ Amazon Durability (50, 250)
+ Pressure Points and Moxibustion (200, 50)
+ Weirdly Specific Martial Arts - Bookworm Martial Art (50, 0)

"You're just hitting people with books."
>+"You said I could pick what I wanted."

=======
Story Time!
=======

After the last ten years, I was quite interested in just turning off my brain and enjoying a bit of silliness. I mean, sure, it's Ranma 1/2,
which means I'll be fighting someone pretty much daily, but it won't be a fight for survival like it was in Fallout. Should be fun. Right?
Raven, stop looking at me like that. I doubt Fiance Magnet will be /that/ much of a pain. Turns out I'm Ranma's younger, taller, brother.
A little more serious and smarter, but that's not a high bar to vault in the first place. Raven is slotted into my memories as a childhood
friend who tagged along on the Saotome extreme Chinese Training trip.

The world itself hits me in the face with a cold, wet wave of water. Sputtering, I pick myself out of a surprisingly cold spring in the middle of a field of them. Raven lends me a quick hand, soaking wet herself... himself. To be honest, switching genders is a lot less strange that I had assumed it would be. I'm shorter and my weight is distributed to all new places but I don't have to stagger around to get my bearings.

So, dear old "Dad" decided to gather us all up and continue on with our training trip, despite all of us having vastly different anatomy than we came in with. Shenanigans is the best way to describe those weeks before we returned to Japan. Amazons are annoyed, merchants of all stripes buy and sell Ranma and myself like sides of beef, and Genma promise us to at least three households.
>>
File: tumblr_o2pxfgY3xg1v8ek8ho1_1280.png (324KB, 850x531px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2pxfgY3xg1v8ek8ho1_1280.png
324KB, 850x531px
>>49880096
Yes bully.
>>
>>49879989
>Not waifuing Maria
0/10
>>
is there a perk somewhere that removes material and somatic components from spells?
>>
>>49880183
Maria is basically a robot. Even the doll version of her has more of a personality.
>>
>>49880184
There are several that remove somatic components. Off the top of my head I know there are some in Anima and Tenchi Muyo. I don't know of any that remove material components, but there probably is one somewhere in the chain.
>>
File: 1434704448341.jpg (93KB, 678x960px) Image search: [Google]
1434704448341.jpg
93KB, 678x960px
>>49880179
No! Bully makes Doll sad.
>>
>>49880138
It's a sexy idea.
>>
>>49880184
Young Justice's Magician line has a perk that allows you to substitute mats for mana. Also, D&D has the feats Ignore/Eschew Material Components.
>>
File: Murcielago_eng.jpg (255KB, 1000x814px) Image search: [Google]
Murcielago_eng.jpg
255KB, 1000x814px
>>49880138
What could go wrong?
>>
>>49880207
>>49880231
that works, thanks!
>>
>>49879956
>>49880155
I like your gradual portrayal of Raven changing. S/he is very amusing in this one. Keep it up!
>>
>>49880194
>>49880183
Cruel reminder that if you want to waifu Maria you can't take nightmare scenarios because they lock away feathers and stasis pods

You can still get doll by buying her and insivht
>>
>>49880138
Yes.
>>
File: 34962fb39e9d68ce74caec41511e01d2.jpg (265KB, 1400x1008px) Image search: [Google]
34962fb39e9d68ce74caec41511e01d2.jpg
265KB, 1400x1008px
>>49880155
compare sizes* Come on fingers, get it together.

When we finally reach Furinkan, Genma springs on Ranma that he's going to meat his fiance today and settle down to get married. Ranma, of course, isn't having any of it. To speed things along, I knock him out and we trudge through the cold rain to the Tendo household. There's some initial confusions. Raven is mistaken for Ranma due to being the only apparent male around.

While it would be funnier to just let things happen, I've actually grown to like Ranma and I decide to make his relationship with Akane a little less stressful. I explain the situation before people burst in on each other in the bath. Overall it goes surprisingly well. Akane still wants nothing to do with this whole marriage idea, but at least she doesn't start things out with violence. No, she waits a whole ten minutes for Ranma to say stupid, insensitive things.

Honestly Ranma, I'm trying here, but you're not giving me much to work with.

For a few minutes, I think I'm in the clear. All the focus is on the two "love birds". I have the unmitigated gal to think that I'll be left out of all the fiance nonsense. Then the universe looks over its shoulder and remembers that I'm there too. Of all people, Nabiki Tendo decided that I'm cute enough to be worth keeping. Key word there, keeping. She doesn't care an ounce for romance or what I want, just what she can get out of me. I try to be polite about it, but it turns out that the only thing she hates worse than not making money is getting turned down.

Raven finds this all absolutely hilarious. Until Tatewaki Kuno proclaims his undying love to her as we try to enter school the next day. Her response is blunt and brutal and leaves a book shaped imprint on Kuno's face.

>>49880272
I'm so glad you're enjoying it! Thank you!
>>
>>49880231
Doesn't Young Justice just have ones that let you substitute things for specific components, and another that lets you substitute mana for time? I don't think it lets you get rid of components entirely...

If it does though, that'd be awesome. YJ_Anon, are you here to answer this?
>>
>>49880281
It's not the doll, it's a cheap copy.
>>
>>49880325
>meat his fiance today
>>
>>49880342
Reminder that any version of the doll is a shit waifu, so there's no reason to care whether the version you get is "real" or not.
>>
File: blank9.jpg (48KB, 383x420px) Image search: [Google]
blank9.jpg
48KB, 383x420px
>>49878788
Hoo boy, quite a few. That said, I've always seen it as less of a master/servant relationship and more like playing facilitator for a business client. Or maybe hitman. Might be because I performed the Darkhallow early on, or because my time in Ravenloft...jaded me towards divinity as a concept.

Let's see-I never really got a chance to get Loki well and despite being his scion I ended up fighting on the opposite side of Ragnarok, but I never really hated him and I thought we shared some common ground. Fenrir was okay, Jormundgr was a spiteful shit and Hel was a bitch.

I was an angel of Madoka too, because I helped her ascend early. It's odd to work for a god who looks up to you as a role model, asks you for advice and may or may not have had a precocious crush on you-though THAT all wore off many jumps later when she realised how I got to where I was. I...kinda got the impression Homura was constantly training a gun on me during our Wraith-killing missions.

I've got a working relationship with Jubileus and the Titans. The former was a bit touch-and-go at first, but as I sunk deeper into pessimism our interests became more and more similar. As for the latter-it's been quid pro quo all the way because I like the Golden Age. Granted, some of the nastier versions of them seemed a little confused if flattered.

I took Okami's Ammy for walks, does that count? We had a bit of a multiversal good cop/bad cop thing going on for a while before she got homesick. Good times.

I sent Chuck a scathing critique of his own work, and stepped in to do some hands-on editing. He wasn't happy about it, but he couldn't refute my points either.

While it was pretty informal, I was also Tenchi's chaffeur and the other Amaterasu's coworker mechanic for a while. Nice folks as supreme beings go.

I legit don't know what the Light thinks about me. Likewise, Judgement is pretty distant. I think she appreciates me keeping my sisters out of trouble, though.

(Cont'd)
>>
>>49880334
Cantrip Master lets you eschew components for simple spells.
>>
>>49880342
Actually no. The jumpmaker said that it can be actual Doll or a copy or something else, becomes a companion, etc. up to the jumper. Allowed
>>
>>49880138
Yes.
But you should do it anyways.
Psychopaths make the best wiafus
>>
>>49880087

>Do gravitational items generate energy, do they have suction abilities, how durable are they?
The simple explanation is like turning Nevi into static objects.

The long explanation requires a bit further consideration into the nature of gravity as a "fundamental force". Gravity is considered the weakest of the four fundamental forces, but whereas the other three fundamental forces can overwhelm it at length, gravity's "range" is the furthest, as far as our understanding of science goes.

We don't refer to this phenomena as "suction", because "suction" and gravitational "attraction" are two separate things. (Suction implies that the same source can repel, but gravitational force only attracts) If we follow the properties of the gravitational fundamental force, we can thereby interpret the effects of gravity in such a scenario. (where an object is made purely of gravitational force)

Gravitational force, as the equation dictates, works on objects with mass. While its strength fades given distance, the force itself isn't something which can be artificially "nullified" - that is to say, under normal laws of science, you don't snap your fingers and suddenly remove a gravitational field that's existing in place. At very close ranges, you can break the effect of a gravitational field by using a different force which happens to be stronger (say electromagnetism), but the effect of this fades at range, since gravitational force's range far surpasses the other three fundamental forces.

As such, an item theoretically created using pure gravitational force, would, in theory, act on everything with mass around it. Due to its nature, destroying it without using a stronger force to disperse it would be impossible. At sufficiently high concentrations, singularity effects may become prevalent.

>And what does Gravity Shock do?
Where's that? I don't think there's a Gravity Shock.

>Is Wave Rider just using stasis shock while sliding?
Technically yes.
>>
File: rJnKd.jpg (246KB, 975x1200px) Image search: [Google]
rJnKd.jpg
246KB, 975x1200px
>>49880363
Doll joints are love.
>>
>>49880418
That's cool. Don't suppose you know of anything to do that for bigger spells?
>>
File: 1474162184343.gif (992KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1474162184343.gif
992KB, 500x281px
>>49880354
Sorry for the screw-ups. I'm quick typing this.

>>49880325
Interesting is a mild way to put the rest of my time here. As it turns out, I wasn't to replace Ranma or even simply split his fiance's, enemies, and frenemies with him. I got a whole pack of my own. Sometimes they crossed back and forth between us. Mousse and I had some of the more visually impressive duels, my Fence Fencing Style against his Hidden Weapon style culminating in battlefields strewn with discarded items. Oh, why was I fighting Mousse? Well, let me tell you about the fiances I ended up with.

First there was Nabiki herself. You already know about her. It can't come as a surprise to anyone when I say that I was not a fan of this match. Our fathers were pushing for it, Nabiki drained my wallet every time I wasn't looking, and I just could not bring myself to kindle any interest in all. Sure, she had appeal, but there was a layer of frost that I never got to peek past. It was a shame because, had she opened up a little, she would have surprised me enough to care about her.

Second was Shampoo, which was a complete accident on my part. She saw Ranma and myself sparring one evening in the streets after I tried giving him some helpful romantic advice. He did not appreciate it and expressed himself through violence. I responded in kind. Ranma always was a sloppy fighter when he was mad, so it was usually my win when that happened. Shampoo, watching from the shadows, decided on hew own that I was the better fiance since I could reliably win against Ranma. Honestly, I had a hard time complaining about her attentions. She was cute and her cat form was absolutely adorable. Sure, I had to spend a few hours repairing walls each day, but somehow it seemed worth it.
>>
>>49880452
Can't say that I do, sorry.
>>
>>49880464
Ah well. One of these days someone will make a jump for a setting in which that's an appropriate perk... Some day... A man can dream.
>>
>>49880449
>>49880087
If course, in the event that the scientific explanation hits quandaries that you don't want to venture into, you can alternatively see as like taking Gravity as another magic element like JRPGs (FF for example) do and turning it into something of physical substance to "create" with. Given that JRPGs tend to associate Gravity with a "forcible health drain" effect, that might be an effect that's easier to accept than researching for yourself into the nature of each of the four fundamental forces.
>>
File: Flash Sweat.png (80KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Flash Sweat.png
80KB, 225x225px
>>49880450
>>
So, how does the Mage option in Hero Cooperation Union compare to Doormaster from Worm?
>>
File: maybe maybe not.png (454KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
maybe maybe not.png
454KB, 680x510px
>>49880488
Ah yes, the magical spell, "Weak Nuclear Force"
>>
File: blank4.jpg (10KB, 279x212px) Image search: [Google]
blank4.jpg
10KB, 279x212px
>>49880397
In theory, all of Creation is meant to be subordinate to the Unconquered Sun and his Chosen. In practice, he can go eat a dick. My actual opinion on him and all Solarkind is more complicated than that, but it's still galling to realise a small part of my goals involve worshipping a being I have little actual respect for. I need my coffee, dammit.

And I've already made my opinions on THE SLUT clear. You have any idea how hard it is to explain you're genuinely interested in saving Creation when you're talking to someone who makes your skin crawl? She tried to be nice and make small talk while we were drafting that contract but I just wanted to get that over with.

In Nomine's God was pretty hands off so I dunno.

And then there's the Great Will/YHVH, the employer other than Jubileus I probably get along with the best. Helps that we're all family; if He wasn't monolithic and asexual I'd try to hook them up. Anyway, it's an oversimplification to say I'm the voice of reason while he's the hardliner, but I have been taking a rather unconventional approach to my duties. It gets results, so he's not complaining.

And if we're counting companions, let's...just say quite a few goddesses I've served have...eventually agreed to serve me. And leave it at that.

>>49880027
>Custodian
>Pink fog and sakura blossoms swirling as a cyclone forms out of nowhere, imploding into a young woman's form made mostly out of magic

"I am Sailor Custodian, magical defender of cellblock A37! In the name of the Protectorate, I'll punish you!"
>>
>>49880342
Pretty sure the doll is a cheap copy of Maria
>>
File: blank14.png (334KB, 653x555px) Image search: [Google]
blank14.png
334KB, 653x555px
>>49880526
Did somebody order a custom 5-dot MtAw Forces spell?

>>49879989
H-hey, I didn't MEAN to bully all those scenario bosses! They're just so squishy! And insufferable! And in the way of something shiny that I was trying to find!
>>
>>49880459
The third in line was someone new, a tiny thing called Kii Sayuri. She appeared on my doorstep one day, wearing a gym outfit and proclaiming her love for me. I laughed, closed the door in her face, laughed some more, opened it back up, laughed harder, then collapsed against the door frame desperately trying to breath. It was rude, I know, but she was just about half my height, flat as a board, and clearly a joke from the Coordinator. Turns out, she wasn't all that happy to be laughed at, kicked me in the stomach hard enough to knock the wind out of me, then grabbed my collar to proclaim her love a lot more forcefully.

A spitfire, this one. I could respect that.

Turns out, she was heir to a Track and Field Martial Arts School and was tough enough to hold her own against Shampoo. She had a level of DETERMINATION that deserved to be spelled in all capitals. Honestly? She impressed me. Despite her build being the extreme opposite of my tastes, her personality was a force of nature that could not be ignored. She asked little of me, except for attention, and seemed to drink in praise like a flower does the sun.

In the last few years, I learned that she was not all smiles and pluck as it appeared on her surface. Her home life was extremely rough, between training sessions by a driven father and the lack of love from a condescending mother. The reason she was so driven to marry me was because if she didn't, her father had someone much worse in mind. A older man with a perverted mind and no sense of decency. I'm pretty sure the Coordinator arranged all of this to make me feel sorry for her.

Raven even got into the mix, in a reduced fashion. Several of the boys defected from chasing Akane to chase her instead despite getting a similar response. Kuno split his efforts between all FOUR of us and Ryoga alternated fighting and admiring her. She did get roped into a number of the Martial Arts Contests, usually having fun along the way.
>>
>>49880617
But better.
>>
>>49876031
>Hey, how about that, hotshot? You get to call the shots for your next stop. Just don't pick one you're just gonna sit on your ass for, alright?
Well...there was one place in particular I wanted to try...
Jump 31: Ace Combat
Origin: Soldier
Perks:
Soundtrack - Music is good, no?
Basic Flight Training - This feels necessary.
Missile Surplus - Missiles, more missiles, all the missiles.
Comm Chatter - ...I might need to keep this off.
Running Circles - Catch me if you can.
Don't Need a Team - I'll need this, though. [800]
Radar Maestro - Heh. [650]
Demon Lord [350] - That kind of pilot...that's what they call a Jumper.

Equipment:
Hangar
Flight Suit
Fourth-Generation Fighter - F-14D Super Tomcat - Yes, I know she's obsolete. Yes, I know that joke's old. But damn it, it is a stylish plane.
Advanced Long Range Air-to-Air Missiles [300]
Radio Interceptor [200]
COFFIN System [0]

I don't have any real words for this. I don't care about the events of the Belkan War past surviving and dogfighting to the best of my ability. What I really came here for was the chance to fly a fighter, and to duel with the Demon Lord himself. I don't think I was disappointed, even as I ended up retiring with my fellow countrymen once the war came to its inevitable, bloody conclusion. It was a good fight. A very good fight.

>Not what I had in mind, but it was fun to watch.

Did I also mention Belka...'misplaced' several nuclear warheads? All but one, in fact? Random food for thought.

I'm trying to decide if it's time to roll the last few or start taking the reins now. Or do a new list.
>>
>>49880488
Axis Shock is what I meant, not gravity shock.

Also, Damn. So hitting a person with gravity object might have an effect of health drain, not "make the gravity affecting them lighter or stronger"? It's honestly hard to determine how to calculate it's durability and hardness on its own, even with your explanation. When you mention a sword made of Gravity like jRPG element it's... Gah. I mean, if you mean drain as in I get their HP it doesn't make sense but if you mean like just a Damage per second status then it does. Increasing gravity acting on person would actually start damaging their body.
>>
>>49880638
Honestly, there's not a ton more to report from my ten years there. Nobody ever seemed to really grow up. Even after Ranma and Akane were married, most of the former suitors would show up for a battle at least once a month.

For myself and Raven, neither of us really settled down into anything permanent. I eventually fought with Mousse enough that he managed to truly best me, repeatedly. No I didn't throw the fights shut up. Shampoo didn't stay with Mousse, but the victories were enough to convince her that I was not worthy of her attention any longer. The walls of the surrounding five neighborhoods breathed a sigh of relief that day. Last I heard, the two of them headed back to China.

Nabiki I simply bought out. A cash payout each week to just leave me alone. It was my idea, but she did not object in the least. It seemed a little crass, but the peace of mind was worth tapping into my Warehouse reserves.

In the end, I didn't marry Sayuri, but we did bring her with us. Raven was not happy for obvious reasons, but neither of us could in good conscious leave her behind after learning of her home life. Without the threat of an unwanted marriage, Sayuri was more than happy to settle into the "Plucky Friend" role. I still got punched a lot. Apparently punches to the midsection was just how she showed affection. I hoped she would be a little taller in the next Jump, if only so her punches would stop landing quite so low.

======

>+"Oh my. So you decided to add her to your collection after all."
"Don't talk about my friends like that."
>+"Keep saying things like that and you're going to make Raven cry."
"Can I just have the next Jump Document please?"
>+"Fine, fine. Where did you want to go next?"
"Can I see a list?"
>+"Absolutely! Just take all... the... time... you... need."
"Please don't smile at me like that."
>+"No."

Picture very much related to the next stop.
>>
File: image.jpg (361KB, 2048x1423px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
361KB, 2048x1423px
>>49880819
This twisted chain has to be reset
>>
>>49880829
Hot damn you're not understanding that he told you that you can interpret it that way if you find the more logical explanation too difficult.
>>
>>49873911
APM Intensifies from Sword Art Online gives you a mental bullet-time that ramps up as much as it needs to let you make calm, deliberate decisions at any speed (oh and it also gives you god-like reflexes).

Pause from Tropico pauses everything except the minds of you and your companions (oh and any music perks you have).
>>
>>49880897
Cold sacred, I indeed am not comprehending it, because this full scientific explanation doesn't fit the tone of game in terms of what such a thing would do. I am trying to combine the explanation with the settings style, intent
>>
File: image.jpg (234KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234KB, 1920x1080px
>>49880819
Belkan Pride, Jumpchain wide!
>>
>>49880449
I think I might be getting it, kind of. Thank you. Axis Shock is still unclear.

I wish that there was something building up on how they said Dusty could be a source of energy, collecting gravity or such as a form of energy storage object
>>
>>49880924
Infamous also has a time dilation effect perk.
>>
If I take the Kali Ma drawback in Lord of Light does fiat prevent me from killing her with soul-sucking spells or perks?
>>
>>49879926
... Burgli will wake up to the Grim darkness of Azeroth's 41st millenium.
>>
Jumpers, if you take drawbacks that have a person hunting you and always coming back, do you portray it as them being revived or yours or others powers cutting out just before the person is killed for real?
>>
>>49881097
Our fight keeps being interrupted by circumstance, like a train running between us, with them vanishing before I can finish them off.
>>
>>49881097
I go with the Vorhees approach. As often as I kill them, they keep coming back.
>>
>>49880829
Axis Shock is a matter of inertial control, which...is pretty much as written in the perk. Normally when you toss a object - let's say in a gravity-less environment, the object, retaining inertia, will continue to move in its vector.

A Shifter launches objects following a single "vector", that is, disregarding the active force of gravity, they can fire objects along a line. Once launched however, their effective "field" of control is restricted to the object, given that while the object retains its initial vector, the Shifter can no longer reapply control on the object.

Axis Shock allows for control of the field over a range, whether it's to "release" the "field of control" and allow gravity to take over, or to change the vector course.

>not "make the gravity affecting them lighter or stronger"?
This should never happen, even "in game". The Shifters are inherently "absent" of gravity, such that they remain outside of its effects while their powers are active, but they do not actually change their own physical property: mass. The effects of a strong gravity field is a one way thing, similar to the nature of gravitational forces only attracting - in a gravity field that is too strong for the body to counteract its forces, the body succumbs and dies. Gravity as a force does not "translate" forces, it merely acts on other bodies.

Similarly, if you're thinking of "hardness" in terms of the moh scale, the gravitational force is not subject to this. The hardest object on the moh scale will similarly succumb to a strong enough gravitational field. It takes a stronger force to negate a fundamental force, not a matter of "hardness" or "durability". You don't break concentrated gravitational forces with kinetic force, it would be like attempting to use a hammer to seal a gravity vortex, or further along the line - like using a missile to seal a black hole.
>>
>>49881201
So objects made of gravity, like a sword or armor, would be completely invulnerable to kinetic force, it's other types of forces that could affect such an object.

As for Axis Shock, so when a Shifter launches an object without that sub-perk, is there a range at which their field is no longer on the object and thus gravity asserts itself normally? Otherwise the potential of a shifter is immense in that way. Also, if I understand it right, with Axis Shock I can launch an object forward but afterwards I can have it go backwards with same momentum that it had when going forward?
>>
>>49880981
There's a substantial amount of worldbuilding that is just largely absent. It's a very common tactic we see in JRPGs (and a lot of dramas in Japan, even some in China), since the "free imagination" perspective is a very popular one in Asia. It allows for many different interpretations of what westerners would see as "key elements", and some would argue that it lets people "build their own story".

But as far as jumpmaking goes, this basically then necessitates a reinterpretation of elements, and in many cases, requires a bit of groundwork to be established in the process of putting together the skeleton, because what works in the setting itself can be inherently flawed when a third element is introduced. With settings where powers are "unique" this then becomes a much more substantial issue, since the powers have to have a foundation, but the setting generally accepts it as "It merely is."

That being said, in concept, to properly represent strictly Gravity Daze and nothing besides, the jump could have been far smaller, with the majority of abilities removed to fit a 1/3/6 model. Liberties where taken, as I mentioned earlier, in tailoring in abilities based upon a scientific basis under related concepts so that the different "avenues" of gravity manipulation could be explored.
>>
>>49881335
Feasibly yes.

It's unknown. Under consideration of common sense one would presume that like gravity itself, the force that the Shifter applies will weaken after a certain range, but in game we have no clue just how "far" that range is. We do know that it has to be related to the Shifter's strength, given that nobody demonstrates the capability to move more than a given cluster of objects.

We do know that once the object controlled comes into contact with another object the field is broken - which suggests that the temporary "conjoining" of masses may disrupt the field. But by then it's largely speculation.

You can technically change the vector in any given direction, but yes, reversing the vector completely is plausible.
>>
>>49881338
If I don't take the Sub perk that lets my gravity beast remain when I use my gravity powers, does it not get stronger in any way? I mean, that's what the perk implies. And since the beast is source of my powers...

Unless the perk is based on how Dusty could become a Panther-like thing that could attack, and it is only about strength and power of beast itself, while my own powers will grow without the perk
>>
>>49881403
Can we keep changing the vector as many times as we want until it hits something? As for range, I seem to recall the thrown objects disappearing after a certain distance
>>
>>49881426
Your powers run separate from the perk.
>>
File: 1440799857887.jpg (55KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1440799857887.jpg
55KB, 960x540px
>>49868723
(Predator) #83
-Race: Human (Free) -Stick to what we know.
-Background: Survivor (Free) -Nobody knows me. Nope.
-Let's Dance (Free) -Always good with a blade.
-Macho Bullshit (900CP) -BUFF. I am a sculpted amazon.
-One Ugly Motherfucker (700CP) -Being able to dial the absurd appearance perks I have IS nice...
-Yaut'ja Blade (650CP) -Get a sick-ass blade for my needs.
-Yaut'ja Warehouse Theme (600CP) -Aesthetics are nice!
-Re-sized Yaut'ja Armor (400CP) (Discount) -Get the mask and the cloaking unit.
-Yaut'ja Smart Weapon (0CP) -Aaaaand plasma caster!
-The Hunt (0CP)
Dice Rolls: Siberia (Winter 2005), 28 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

So I've got a Predator alien who's after me. It's the middle of Siberia, I've got one repurposed man-slut armor, half a clip of plasmacaster, it's dark out, and I'm wearing a biomask.

...hit it.

I'm doing the armor a favor and mixing the Yaut'ja armor in with the RIG to transfer over all the necessary functions without looking like an 80s strip club reject, then I'm going to be finding a nice little place and setting up shop... and by 'a nice little place' I really mean find one of the buildings in Siberia and rig it up like I'm fighting Necromorphs. CUT THEM APART. WE HAVE TO CUT THEM INTO PIECES.

No idea how anyone else in Siberia is going to react, but at least they're going to have a hell of a show to watch. Lots of snowfall, and bullets to go with it.
>>
>>49881446
If you have the energy to do so yes.
>>
What jump has a perk that gives you a good singing voice? I know that there are a lot of them, but I can't seem to find one
>>
>>49881457
But then does the perk work as I said or you were trying to go for something else? Is it just meant to let our gravity beast become something stronger, bigger, a combat familiar?
>>
>>49880516
Anybody want to answer this?
>>
>>49881551
>But then does the perk work as I said
Yes
>>
>>49881486
Now, here we see a wild Red in her natural habitat. This particular specimen, when it is not occupied by her narcissistic habits, tinkers with her crafts and rips and tears other prey. Truly a great specimen of sexual predator, dis species known as Reddus Waifus
>>
>>49881584
Thank

Time to drain gravity storms by making shitloads of items and play with Nevi
>>
>>49881583
As far as I know, Doormaker is faster, but not by much going by how quickly Sky Garden found what's her name. It does multi-task better though. Hero BBS magic does let you act like a teleporting Doormaker + the guy that Doormaker needed to actually tell where to go... I forget his name too.

Basically, Hero BBS is likely able to build up to better, but Doormaker is better right off the bat.

This is just one anon's opinion though, so take it with a grain of... hopefully not salt. A grain of sugar. Let's go with that.
>>
File: 1463768708145.jpg (20KB, 480x451px) Image search: [Google]
1463768708145.jpg
20KB, 480x451px
>>49881610
>>
>>49881584
What would you say are the limits of 'Out of Place, Out of Time'? What is the maximum level of space-warping it can resist? Enough to destroy a house as in in-game gravity storms?
>>
>>49881584
And about the gravity animal companion option: if we dont take it then our animal doesn't follow us post jump, it simply grants ability to turn others into shifters, or is it just there to buy if we didn't choose to be a shifter?
>>
>>49881664
Red is my waifu!
>>
>>49881610
Steve, is that you?
>>
>>49881540
Surprisingly few.
>>
>>49881664
You are Red.
Beautiful Amazon Waifu material.
You are in Predator.
Thus you are a Sexual Predator.
Predator movie, first one, happens in jungle.
Jungle contains animals and Bear Grylls. Bear Grylls teaches you how to survive in wild and tells you about its animals.
>>
Creep Jump when
>>
Does anyone have any ideas?

>>49879248
>>49879259
>>
>>49881664

>>49881719
>>49881702
See, this is why people hate you.
>>
>>49881719
>Bear Grylls
Nigger that sounded more like something from Steve Irwin, who is a thousand times the man that Bear fucking Grylls is
>>
>>49881684
You probably won't be able to endure jumping head first into a full singularity, the gravity storms seem a fair bit weaker than that given that their "event horizons" are much smaller. In game gravity storms can be negated, yes.

>>49881688
Your animal follows you, but it's not a "companion" as far as that goes, just an avatar of your abilities. If you do take it the gravity animal can make other people into shifters.

How do you people have this many questions when the jump is like...a year old.
>>
File: 68540984.gif (2MB, 500x210px) Image search: [Google]
68540984.gif
2MB, 500x210px
>>49881744
>>
>>49881782
People are incredibly stupid. Jumpers especially.
>>
File: 1466201897654.jpg (208KB, 851x768px) Image search: [Google]
1466201897654.jpg
208KB, 851x768px
>>49879597
Got you covered anon.
>>
File: No clue.png (266KB, 600x458px) Image search: [Google]
No clue.png
266KB, 600x458px
>>49881744
I thought people hated me because I make shit jumps and don't give what they really want.
>>
>>49881762
Cept I dunno who Steve is but sure
>>
File: SteveIrwinGoesToFR.png (182KB, 740x2187px) Image search: [Google]
SteveIrwinGoesToFR.png
182KB, 740x2187px
>>49881818
>>
>>49881807
And now you're baiting for compliments.
>>
>>49881818
Neither did the stingray.
>>
>>49881705

Haha yeah, I was taking a break from making The War Within.
>>
>>49881782
So, I couldn't survive jumping head-first into a black hole, which is reasonable...

What about a personal-scale GBE? It seems one or five steps above a Gravity Storm, but definitely below a singularity by several orders of magnitude.
>>
>>49881782
One person asking questions stirs those sleeping eternally, realizing their own stupidity or confusion and thus seeking answers.

We are all Scion now
>>
File: Chara.jpg (84KB, 406x600px) Image search: [Google]
Chara.jpg
84KB, 406x600px
>>49881818
>Doesn't know who Steve Irwin is
I hate you and everything you stand for

>>49881843
And you can fuck right off
>>
>>49881818
I'm so sorry to hear that anon...
>>
>>49881782
>How do you people have this many questions when the jump is like...a year old.
ParanoidAnon has targeted you for his death by a thousand questions attack.
>>
>>49881818
Crikey.
>>
What perks are there that could help me shove my mish-mash of technology, magi-tech, and bio-tech together safely without the dozens of different effects and energies blowing up in my face?
>>
>>49881782
>How do you people have this many questions when the jump is like...a year old.
We've gotten a lot of new blood, and you haven't been around for awhile. Question-fuel, man.
>>
>>49881540
>What jump has a perk that gives you a good singing voice?

Immediately off the top of my head, the Macross jump has an entire perk line for Singers that would be very useful, you'll want to look at all of them.

Ar Tonelico may be good to check out for the Reyvatail background and assorted perks. Song magic!

Youtube jump has a few useful perks. Talent allows you to have a creative ability of your choice that is good enough to make a living off. Hello Everybody gives you a voice that people love. In The Groove specifically mentions you an example where you could play every instrument required in a song, which should include a singing voice.

Pirates of the Caribbean has a (sort of) relevant perk, Sing Us A Tune, which allows you to be mostly on key for a bunch of pirate songs.

I know there should be others, but it's been awhile since I went searching for specific music/song perks.
>>
>>49881894
I can confirm that 70% of those questions were mine. Not the GBE one or the "Out of Place" perk one. Nevertheless I have no questions anymore, didn't even reach double digits
>>
File: n6Bu5ZQ.jpg (48KB, 500x427px) Image search: [Google]
n6Bu5ZQ.jpg
48KB, 500x427px
>>49881833
So getting confused as fuck about something is baiting? Cool, guess we're all baiters now.
>>
>>49881941
>ParanoidAnon
Go away.
>>
>>49881914
Fiat.

Past a certain point, you have to spark so you'll have enough power to hold yourself together, otherwise you'll explode as soon as your chain ends.
>>
>>49881936
Predator Concrete Jungle
>>
>>49881744
Wait, hold the phone-are you implying YOU'RE jealous of being waifued by a bunch of lonely neckbeards?

Because if it's that attention you want, I'm sure there's someone on /r9k/ who can help you.
>>
>>49881818
Steve Irwin, nicknamed "The Crocodile Hunter", was an Australian naturalist and nature show host. He was well known for what appeared to be a devil may care attitude towards dangerous wildlife, which was actually him taking what was ironically the safest (for them) method of handling such dangerous creatures. His tactic of baiting them into attacking him tired them out, allowing him to handle them humanely without risking their health through tranquilizers. Ironically, he was killed not by any of the many crocodiles he worked with, but a simple sting ray during filming B-roll for one of his shows. He was just diving in the reef when he accidentally spooked it and it stabbed him right in the heart.
>>
>>49881914
Just stack genius perks, and get the usual compatibility shit.

Crimson Saint (Maoyuu) is Magic to Tech and vice versa.
Starro Tech Notes (Young Justice) allows you to mix magic,technology and organisms together.
Hivequeen has two perks that allow technology to biology and vice versa.
Franken Fran has organ transplants and hybridization in general.
Alpha Centauri has a perk that allows a lot of technology to be cybernetic.
>>
>>49881959
That's... Sad. I feel sad now Anon
>>
>>49881914
I think the Hydra Blueprints from the Marvel Cinematic Universe jump may help with mish-mashing different together.
>>
>>49881956
Not that anon, but not all of us are neckbeards.
>>
>>49879139
During Evangelion, I was talking to Shinji about all the knowledge I had of both human biology and behavior, and I boasted "I know more about humans then humans do!". Well, he gave me an odd look at that, and asked what I meant by that. After all, he said, you are also a human right? My response? Slowly turn around to face him, and with the chaos eyes from Webmage, a mouth full of sharp teeth from my Hellsing Vampire form, and an a dual voice from Baten Kaitos, asked him in turn "Now who went and told you THAT?"

His ensuring freak out took several minutes to calm down, partly because I was too busy laughing my ass off at his expense. I gave the excuse that I was just messing with him, and apologized. He took it in stride, it wasn't the first time I had messed with him after all, and we ended up having a very good friendship despite that. I even managed to help him and the other pilots save the day and foil the Human Instrumentality Project, with the aid of a still living Kaji and the rest of NERV (who were rather put out that SEELE had manipulated them in such a way). I even got Gendo to help, promising to bring Yui the right way if he helped.
>>
>>49881859
You'd probably be able to negate the force of a GBE at most firing levels, but a limiter off GBE would probably cause a severe amount of damage regardless. The GBE's main threat is a matter of concentration.
>>
>>49881936
>Ar Tonelico may be good to check out for the Reyvatail background and assorted perks. Song magic!
This one is funny, because it's specifically not the case that being a Reyvateil doesn't help your regular singing voice. The sing voice you use to sing the songs is created by the purity of your emotions, more or less. It's what's in your heart being expressed into reality via song. Your actual vocal cords never enter into it. Hell, Shurelia, the first finalized reyvateil, is actually completely tone deaf and a terrible singer when she's not using song magic.
>>
>>49881946
No can do, Anon. Me going away is like trying to kill concept of Paranoia. Paranoia is good, keeps you on your toes especially if it is justified or you are right. But it can also cause a personal worry too much about any little thing, be afraid of everything.

But don't worry you can still be my champion
>>
>>49881997
>it's specifically not the case that being a Reyvateil doesn't help
not the case that it does help
>>
>>49881972
Now imagine if that guy was one of your childhood heroes. It hurt a lot for many people.
>>
>>49881994
...THAT'S A STRONG PROTECTION THEN
>>
>>49881985
...are you representing /r9k/ or /tg/? Either way, I just meant that I found it baffling to be jealous of getting attention on this site in general
>>
>>49882003
>wanking your own stupidity and tendency to annoy jumpmakers into something positive

Kill yourself.
>>
>>49882003
>Paranoia is good, keeps you on your toes especially if it is justified or you are right.
No, paranoia isn't good. Caution is, but paranoia is that taken up to 11, and it's usually /not/ justified or right. That's what makes it paranoia, anon.
>>
>>49882050
Report and ignore, anon. It takes a while, but with enough of those folks who boasted about shitposting in the past got banned eventually.
>>
>>49882054
>>49882061
>>
>>49881994
Any high-concentration-of-magic place is good for the Power Tree seeds, not just Rift planes? And the precious crystals one can find in Rift Planes and cities are the ones you can make with the Converter machine or does it USE those and we need rift plane access from creator
to farm those after jump?
>>
>>49882030
Goddammit, I miss Steve.

For the record, he would be *excellent* companion material.
>>
>>49882061
abusing the report function is against the rules, and so is announcing reports.
>>
>>49882086
A while back we had a jumper with a Steve Irwin companion he was constantly buffing and introducing to new wildlife.
>>
>>49880819
Decided to take the reins for a bit.
Jump 32: Young Justice - Isn't this just discount Teen Titans?
Origin: Drop-In
Race: Human
Perks:
Souviner - Something to remember today by.
Manipulative - People work just the way you want when you push the right buttons. [950]
Stealthy - I like to be hidden. [900]
Smooth Talker - I'm just a harmless boy, after all. You can trust me. [800]
Knows His Own Strength - Sometimes, I want my enemies to live to know their humiliation. Only sometimes.[700]
Notable Presence - Surprise, motherfucker. [550]
Gum Up The Works - Sure is a nice plan you have going there, friend. It'd sure be a shame if the dreaded -Jumper- showed up out of the blue. [350]
Genius Intellect - Jumper science is the greatest in the world! [50]
Removed From Context - My ways are my own. [150]

Powers:
Most Common Superpower - ...Cali, stop staring. It's embarassing.
Required Secondary Powers - At least I don't have to worry about imploding anymore.
Toggle [750] - You. I like you. I'll keep you.
Incomprehensible [450] - Yeah, that was a good try, fucking idiot.

Items:
Costume - Sleek, simple, nondescript. Just how I like it.
Cash - I do like money. [100]
Batman's Real Superpower - Finally, dividends. [0]

Drawbacks:
Bounty [350] - I get to fight Lobo?...I'm honestly more excited than scared. Gotta get rid of the small fry, first. Taking that bounty was the worst mistake of your lives.
Blinded by The Light [650] - Well, I was going to come after you guys anyways, so...yeah. Hat's off to you.
Never A Dull Moment [850] - Are you sure this is a drawback?

So, um. What am I in for, exactly?
>>
>>49880851
>spoiler and pic
I don't recognise it, but I am intrigued!
>>
>>49882061
Speaking as one of those folks, I just stopped shitposting.
>>
>>49882061
Is it actually boasting about shitposting or just having a good laugh at people's attempts to label one's self as shitposter?
>>
>>49882003
Just shut the fuck up already. You've done nothing of value, you just spam and whine and do shady shit. Hell, Yakuzanons bullshit was infinitely preferable to your brand and he was grade A shit.
>>
>>49882082
>Any high-concentration-of-magic place is good for the Power Tree seeds
Yes.
>And the precious crystals one can find in Rift Planes and cities are the ones you can make with the Converter machine
Yes
>or does it USE those and we need rift plane access from creator to farm those after jump?
You can feed crystals into the same machine yes. If you have rift plane access it makes farming easier.
>>
>>49882140
I love you too, anon
>>
>>49882134
It's a bit of both, actually. You actually shitpost, but the "boasting" isn't usually sincerely believed by the shitposter. They're separate, but related phenomena.
>>
>>49882157
Thank you dirge, you are a glorious man for making this jump and having all these options
>>
>>49882098
We don't know. Darkseid shows up at the end and is implied to be the man behind the man to Vandal Savage, but everything after is a mystery. That being said, you're guaranteed to confront the Light, an incredibly dangerous and clever group, as well as the...um...what was their name? The race that invented Blue Beetle's scarab? Well, they show up, as in full invasion, if I remember right. The Reach! That's what they were called.
>>
>>49882032
The GBE jumps in power and range from its normal firing modes to its limit off modes. While the penetration strength is still substantial at lower modes, keep in mind that this is because the "concept" is still the same regardless of the firing mode - the output is what changes dramatically. The protection works well because it's there to counter gravitational forces.
>>
In NGNL, if you have both Seeing the Future and Weapons of the Weak would you be as good at chess as Shiro or would you also need Human Calculator for that?
>>
File: 1471589869696.gif (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1471589869696.gif
3MB, 600x338px
>>49881994
>>49882204
Cool. Thanks, senpai.
>>
File: Soldiers Now.jpg (68KB, 680x712px) Image search: [Google]
Soldiers Now.jpg
68KB, 680x712px
>>49881945
We're all baiters now
>>
>>49882246
>Neo.
STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM AND GIVE ME MY ICE CREAM BACK RIGHT NOW.
>>
File: True_Self.jpg (20KB, 300x238px) Image search: [Google]
True_Self.jpg
20KB, 300x238px
>>49882197
>mfw we got TTG instead
>>
File: whatstherulingonperkx.gif (424KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
whatstherulingonperkx.gif
424KB, 400x300px
>>49882250
>We're all baiters now
...but now I am the master.
>>
>>49882204
Regarding the "I dreamed a dream" and "Lonely Way" drawbacks. The former means that the entirety of Gravity Rush world is a dream and we can't make it too idyllic or too dark, it has to be an in between, like interesting story, to keep going, right? And it refers to the balance of world or our own actions? Because I don't see how taking this drawback makes it different than what the implications were said to be by the creator girl dream guardian. Lonely Way makes us a dream guardian of a body/person we made out of chosen for this jump perks, but what happens to our companions?
>>
>>49882264
We now know Dirge's weakness
>>
File: not everyone likes your fetish.png (42KB, 730x290px) Image search: [Google]
not everyone likes your fetish.png
42KB, 730x290px
>>49882271
>>
Heyyyyyy, Gauntlet? What essence does She-Of-Fair-Eyes start at? Ditto Makoto.
>>
File: then-now.jpg (152KB, 943x1279px) Image search: [Google]
then-now.jpg
152KB, 943x1279px
>>49882250
Yep.
>>
>>49882300
They're newly Exalted when you meet them and haven't had a chance to grow through experience or meditation, so they're probably still Essence 2.
>>
>>49882266
>TTG Darkseid
...do I even want to know?
>>
>>49882318
Do I start at essence 1?
>>
>>49882345
Without perks altering it, yes.
>>
>>49882362
Drat
>>
>>49882275
>The former means that the entirety of Gravity Rush world is a dream and we can't make it too idyllic or too dark, it has to be an in between, like interesting story, to keep going, right?
Yes.
>And it refers to the balance of world or our own actions?
Balance of the world, and your actions affecting it.
> Because I don't see how taking this drawback makes it different than what the implications were said to be by the creator girl dream guardian.
The element of "stability" becomes more pressing when you don't know exactly who is the dreamer.

>Lonely Way makes us a dream guardian of a body/person we made out of chosen for this jump perks, but what happens to our companions?
All of them join you inside the individual's head.
>>
File: 1274974890681.jpg (7KB, 224x217px) Image search: [Google]
1274974890681.jpg
7KB, 224x217px
>>49881486
(F.E.A.R.) #84
-Background: Armacham (950CP) -Tech times for the win!
-Paxton Fettel (Free) -Now I can have the bullshit fanfiction name I ALWAYS WANTED.
-Outside the Box (Free) -GET SHIT DONE.
-Shipping the Product (750CP) (Discount) -Resource saving, I LIKE it.
-Feel It Out (450CP) (Discount) -Psychically understanding it. Yes. Yesss.
-It Just Works (250CP) -FUCKING DAMN IT PEOPLE. STOP ASKING.
-Synchronicity Event (-250CP) -OH HELL WHY DID I AGREE TO THIS WHY.
-Infinite Soda (-300CP) -At... least I have soda?
-XS Shock Grenade (Free) -GET THE FUCK AWAY.
-No Shapes (-200CP)
-Liquid Harvest (0CP)
Dice Rolls: Valkyrie Tower, 32 years old

Firstly, fuck every single one of those puddles and the monsters they have. It's going to make me fear water at this rate, just burn every single puddle I can find in hopes of making sure nothing jumps out. Too bad it won't be enough and I'm still gonna get dragged in and freaking the fuck out.

Secondly, the second Alma starts her rampage? GET. AWAY. We need to get away, we need to run from her, and keep a good healthy distance from her along with any of the protags, because I am NOT going to get involved with creepy ghost children. Okay? That's not what I'm paid for, that's not what I signed up for. I've had enough dementia shit when I was on Titan Station, getting a repeat of this shit is going to make me lose my freaking mind even more than I already have. What is it with corporations and fucking with things they shouldn't be fucking with?! You had plenty with weapons and armor, why did you have to go messing with psychic powers.

Fuck, I probably even submitted a bunch of reports to Armacham saying how it was an exceptionally bad idea. But you know, like Umbrella, THEY NEVER FREAKING LISTEN. So now we're in a hellzone while cannibals and ghosts run rampant.

Fuck my life, the horror isn't going to end, is it?
>>
So what jumps have evil clone drawbacks? Or good clones if you're already bad.
>>
>>49882440
...out of curiosity, have you been to Generic Magical Girl yet? And did you take that Purifying Blast perk?
>>
File: 1234133616760.jpg (12KB, 160x166px) Image search: [Google]
1234133616760.jpg
12KB, 160x166px
>>49882466
Ahahahaha, nope. I have not. So I am not saved in that regard.
>>
>>49882473
>I am not saved in that regard.
What?
>>
>>49882381
What, you afraid of being mugged by little girl Exalts?
>>
>>49882473
Well there goes that idea. Uh...well, you could always help Alma get with Becket? I mean, that might get you in her good graces, I suppose. Plus, once she gets pregnant and gives birth to the third child, everything goes back to (relatively) normal, especially if Point Man beats Paxton Fettel.

>>49882500
The Purifying Blast would hit For Massive Damage against Alma's monsters, and might even make her chill out a little bit if she got hit with it.
>>
>>49882459
Star Wars:OT and KND.
>>
>>49882515
Well, I was kinda hoping that they'd tank some crazy mofos while I dont have any artifacts or martial arts beyond 'run away at 65mph' and 'hurt creatures of darkness'
>>
File: 1387500855723.gif (901KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1387500855723.gif
901KB, 200x200px
>>49882500
...as in I've got no trump cards and have to resort to the Isaac Clarke method of dealing with Scarecrows: Shooting wildly and screaming like a little bitch.

>>49882529
>helping Alma psychically and physically rape Becket
>mfw
I WILL AVOID THAT ISLAND LIKE THE PLAGUE.
>>
>>49882546
Eh, it was an idea. Other then that, you're kind of SOL. You're trapped in the middle of Alma's rampage, with a drawback making fighting some of her more sneaky creations even harder. I mean, you've got other perks that will help you triumph, but you'll come out of it heavily scared, physically and mentally.

Besides, I did say help her get with him, not help her rape him. I mean, I'm not that crazy. Don't you have some cupid perks or whatever by now? Then again, I'd imagine it would be incredibly difficult to romantic advice an angry ghost girl.
>>
>>49882597
>help Alma get with her biological son
but why though
>>
>>49882597
That should be give romantic advice.
>>
>>49882604
That's Point Man and Paxton Fettel, not Becket.
>>
>>49882597
I have no romancing perks or cupid perks. I actually make it a point to avoid that as I don't feel it's my place to just force people together.

But yeah, you're right. This is going to be just as bad as Dead Space, fucked up monsters and all. It doesn't matter how demonic I am, it's like you said: I'm trapped in the middle of a rampage and my only recourse is to run, shooting what I can't run from.
>>
>>49882628
>It doesn't matter how demonic I am
How does one even measure demonicity?
>>
>>49882628
Ah, I see. Well, I can understand that. Forcing people together against their will is revolting, it reminds me far too much of the horror that is love potions.

And screaming. Lots of screaming. Seriously, Alma needs serious therapy, because she's created some fucked up shit.
>>
>>49882628
It depends on if it's a perk that lets you force people together, or a perk that makes you really good at matchmaking.

There's nothing wrong with being able to tell that two people would be good together, then trying to convince them of that.
>>
>>49882664
"On a scale of Imp to Satan, how demonic are you?"
>>
>>49882664
Well Tieflings might have a measure of it
>>
>>49881540
Final Fantasy 6 lets you be amazing at opera.
SMT has a perk that helps.
Auralnaughts has a perk for singing with your friends.
>>
So, in SupCom, could I shut down the Seraphim invasion by blowing up the gate they travel through?
>>
>>49882728
Presumably they could just make another gate. It's not like their entire invasion force is coming through the gate at the same time.
>>
>>49882459
Young Justice.
>>
>>49882459
Saints row. Dragons crown sort of.
Oh and Secret of Evermore has one too.
>>
>>49882664
...actually that's a good question. I've just been stacking demonic perks/demonic genes/demonic nobility perks in hopes of becoming a Six-Fold Satan.
>>
>>49882738
Well, in canon, they exploited the Black Sun's firing and opened a rift. Now, the scenario does say that they'll find another opportunity to exploit, but it'll probably still just be an unstable gateway.
>>
>>49882795
You seem to know a bit about SupCom, what's this I heard about shooting a princess out of a cannon?
>>
>>49882728
Even without the drawback, the problem is that their "gate" is more accurately described as "weakness in the separation between quantum branes that they've exploited to pull open into a full blown breach they can travel through".

There's nothing on "this" side of the rift to blow up, the rift itself is quantum timey-wimey wormhole stuff rather than anything material so any bomb would have to be rather... exotic, and if there is any equipment involved in keeping the rift open it's on the other side and probably defended.
>>
>>49882833
Black Sun is the ultimate super weapon of UEF, designed to shoot a laser that can travel through warp gates and obliterate countless enemy worlds. That's how the Seraphim broke in in the first place, because Black Sun tore a hole open in space-time. The Aeon ending has the Princess become pure energy, using the Black Sun to transmit a psychic message of peace and end the war...somehow. It was never really explained, since the UEF ending was canon.
>>
>>49882860
>so any bomb would have to be rather... exotic.
I did pick up the Orgel of Origins while I was in Ar Tonelico.
>>
>>49882833
Not that anon, but: The ending of each campaign revolves around the Black Sun, a weapon the UEF has designed using the quantum gates to strike at multiple locations faster than light. If you're UEF, then you just complete it and fire it, destroying your enemies. If you're Cybran, you capture it and rebuild it into a transmitter, allowing you to spread a virus freeing all enslaved AI and converting them to your side, winning the war for you. But if you're Aeon, then you load the psychic Princess Burke into the Black Sun and somehow transform her into an energy being that spreads throughout the universe bringing peace and understanding to all. Thus the "firing the magical girl princess out of a canon" description.
>>
>>49882879
...what?

>>49882908
But.

But that's /bullshit/
>>
>>49882098
>>49882197
Alright, I'm in Metropolis. I probably have some preparations to make in anticipation of the years to come, so I'll just lay low and-
>Hey, look! There's a giant robot destroying the city.
...so there is, Cali. Well, that's a bitch.
>We should go help them. You know, smash up that big robot and make it cry uncle!
Cali, they've got Superman, it's fine. It'll all be fixed by tomorrow morning, trust me.
>Hmmm...what are you saying, 'Captain'?
I'm saying it's a huge waste of-
>Are you saying you're not strong enough?
...hand me my sword.

This repeats several times until hero-ing becomes a habit. I can't tell if Cali is trying to make a better person out of me or is just steering my obsessions in a productive direction. Could be both, really. It doesn't take long for Kal-El to notice me, especially since I'm a 13 year-old brandishing a katana and jumping around like I'm Bruce Lee on space meth.

He's amicable when he approaches me - I figure it has a lot to do with the fact I avoided any killing blows to human criminals. Or most of the non-robot ones in general. Even after three centuries of jumping, I'm in awe standing in front of Superman. I know that's a strange thing to say, but meeting one of your personal heroes in the flesh creates this sense of wonder that I had long thought I lost. Perhaps it merely needing some defrosting.

We talk. My mindset of being strong enough to do whatever was needed to save others was gently scolded, and he said it was more about what I stood for and my character than how much I could do. It gave me food for thought. Either way, he said he knew a group of people who could use my help. I had a feeling I knew who he was talking about.
>>
>>49882879
>>49882908
So...

Trans AM Burst?
>>
>>49882974

I don't even. The jump didn't explain how psychic stuff worked much, but I thought this was supposed to be a relatively hard scifi jump apart from all the mass-energy shit.

But if you reverse engineer the Black Sun and you have a Pink Tide in a jump with all your companions out, does that mean you can just go Peace Rambo on a universe if you modify it to be on auto-fire?
>>
>>49882929
And somehow managing to build an full on base with the smallest infantry being larger then trees in a matter of minutes isn't?

>>49882974
Basically.

>>49882995
Keep in mind Black Sun took a long time to build. A LONG time, possibly centuries, with tons of resources. With Supreme Commander bullshit. It's not going to be easy, that's for sure.
>>
>>49882908
>>49882929

Aeon Princess: basically an Alpha+ psyker, already able to mentally dominate entire planets close up or an unprotected individual at range (like, instantly from a neighbouring star system).

Black Sun: basically a UEF super-weapon that exploits the quantum gate network to make all ranges short-range, then blow it all (selectively) up.

Aeon plan: retune the Black Sun so their Princess can exploit it to make the entire galaxy "short range" for her psychic domination powers.

Also, note that the Aeon tech level verges on "indistinguishable from psychic powers". They're basically Glorious Ancient Belkan Magitech Engineering except with psychic powers instead of magic.
>>
>>49883032
It's worth noting that what they have is literally Seraphim scraps. Their tech is the most advanced of the three factions, but they are to the Seraphim what they are to the other factions, if that. Seraphim tech is bullshit on a completely different level, to the point where a peaceful settlement stomped an Earth Empire military expedition before they were hit by a bioweapon.
>>
>>49882953
I'm soon the tech and support guy on the team. I try acting my age, but I'm not very good at it and come off as creepy. Cali keeps insisting on hugs, too. Lots of hugs. It's...well, something. So that's it. Things - mostly - play out the same, but occasionally I whip up some science to fix things. Just as well, too. The fact I can spit out black box tech in an afternoon tends to be a point of concern, but also because I'm rather unsettlingly violent for someone with my appearance. You haven't lived until you've seen a 13-going-14 teenage boy cut apart an alien while doing a ninja flip out.

Oh, and I had a rooftop showdown with Lobo. I'm sure that's a small detail, though.
>>
>>49883091
This. The Aeon used those scraps to win the early stages of the Infinite War (the term "roflstomp" comes to mind) until the UEF managed to develop tech-based psychic shielding so their superior numbers/biggatons could actually be brought into the fight without instantly becoming Aeon's numbers/biggatons.
>>
In Shin Megami Tensei, if I go with the Guardian Race, do I have to remain a Guardian of Humanity? Is their some way of becoming a Guardian of another similar race?
>>
>>49883091
Shit, that should be "they are to the Seraphim what the other factions are to them."

>>49883172
Tell me about it, and they're winning the war before the Black Sun is deployed too. What was it Q.A.I. predicted, only a month or so before the Aeon crushed the UEF before moving on to stomp they Cybran Nation into oblivion? It's no wonder the far more powerful Seraphim are smacking the Coalition itself.

>>49883203
You're not the Guardian of Humanity, you're the Guardian of the Earth. That just happens to cover humanity as well. So other races that live on Earth would qualify as well, with the exception of Law and Chaos, because they're dicks.
>>
>>49883241
*smacking around

Damn it, what's with me tonight?!
>>
File: 1429914444671.gif (499KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1429914444671.gif
499KB, 500x281px
>>49882440
(Banjo-Kazooie) #85
-Background: Henchwoman (900CP) -Ho boy. This will be something unusual.
-Alchemy (Free) -It's time to get some potion brewing going!
-Soil Brain (700CP) -With how many worlds I go to with strange soil? I could use this.
-Mixing Mixtures (600CP) (Discount) -Ho HO! Turning a bunch of potions into one uber-potion!
-Hubba Hubba Humba (400CP) -I am vain. We all know this. So vain.
-Magitech (-200CP) -Oh to have a guarantee like this... things are going to get DONE.
-Beakers and Bottles (Free) -More tools for the job!
-Nobody Cares (0CP)
Dice Rolls: Blubblegloop Swamp, 21 years old

...out of the hellhole and into a swamp where nobody gives a shit about me and I have an abusive master. Wow. What the fuck did I ever do to deserve this? Oh, right. I became a demon.

There's all kinds of wretched smells in here, I'm left to my devices, I have no idea what the master is doing 9/10ths of the time since he's too busy yelling or wanting food, the place is like Blighttown-lite, and no matter what I do I can't seem to get the smells out of my clothing without liberal use of magic or multiple washings. ...I think the smell is starting to seep into my skin. Oh gods. This is gross. This is so so gross can't Banjo beat this guy up so I can leave the swamp already? Doesn't anyone care?!

...oh. Right.
>>
>>49883269
>Sad Red
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t25REMXBnqY
>>
>>49881914
Banjoo kazooie has a capstone for this specifically.
>>
>>49883437
That is perfect! Thank you so very much!
>>
>>49882953
>My mindset of being strong enough to do whatever was needed to save others was gently scolded, and he said it was more about what I stood for and my character than how much I could do.

Oh, yeah. I'll just stand for genocide being bad. No need to actually stop any genocides. As long as people know I don't approve of them.
>>
File: 1406180945285.gif (488KB, 499x367px) Image search: [Google]
1406180945285.gif
488KB, 499x367px
>>49883492
>>
>>49882234
I tend to imagine you'd need human calculator to look anything like Shiro, and Cold Reading if you want to go the Sora route.
>>
>>49883536
>I tend to imagine
Do you imagine this a lot, anon?
>>
>>49883241
>What was it Q.A.I. predicted

https://youtu.be/zQkyhrZHT0k?t=51
>>
>>49882899
Just so you know, the Coalition closed the rift by sending the Princess in where she then used her powers to close it.
It is unknown if she survived.
>>
Is there a more obvious and more undesireable trap perk than unlucky from Sims?
Because I can't think of a good reason for anyone to be taking it without some incredibly poor decision making.
>>
>>49883718
...Oookay? That doesn't really matter, because in the Scenario, she is for whatever reason incapable of doing so. Hence, having to figure out a way to shut down the gate and/or stop the Seraphim.
>>
>>49883492
I think it's more that the kind of mindset that equates doing what needs to be done with saving people tends to lead to Hard Men Making Hard Decisons While Hard.
>>
>>49883757
I dunno, who doesn't want their house to burn down?
>>
>>49883779
I'm just telling you how the rift was closed in general.

Super (telepathy based) Psychic powers was used to close the rift while inside it. That should tell you want kind of "exotic" energies or properties are needed to undo it.
It was also energies that was guided by a person. So a simple "bomb", no matter how exotic, might not work.

To put it simply, trying to close the Rift should be treated like trying to close a tear into the warp in 40k. If you're not careful, you might make it bigger.
>>
>>49883858
Bomb is plan B then. Hows about magic? I did pick up the Goddess Seal in Drakengard, which has proven that it can block off an entire dimension before.
>>
>>49883907
>block off an entire dimension
No, it can seal away a single planet.
>>
>>49883945
Pretty sure it sealed the Cthulhu-babies in an entirely different dimension.
>>
>>49883964
Or just sealed the planet off from the babies.
>>
>>49883974
I thought the seal was supposed to be used to seal away entities, not places from entities.
>>
>>49883907
Possibly.
From what I quickly read, the Seal would kinda be like building a gate and locking it rather than patching up the broken wall. A solution, but it might only be temporary. I like metaphors, sue me. But it could work.

It would have a better chance if you could merge it with some Aeon Quantum tech or psionics.
>>
>>49884000
>It would have a better chance if you could merge it with some Aeon Quantum tech or psionics
Yeah, I haven't got a magic to tech perk yet. Maoyuu Hero is supposed to be after this one.
>>
>>49883757
>>49883852
While it gives you terrible luck, it also keeps you from dying to that luck. As long as you make your stuff unbreakable, unburnable, etc. and can fly/hover 1' above the ground then you're fine.
>>
>>49884268
Yeah, but why would anyone pay CP for that?
>>
>>49884268
Yeah but it doesn't do much to make suffering for eternity worth it. Even if you can mitigate the damage, it will never be your birthday again.

You just won't die from happenstance, but any jumper with two durability perks is already far past that point.
>>
File: blank19.png (139KB, 399x330px) Image search: [Google]
blank19.png
139KB, 399x330px
>>49884268
Huh. I didn't know Odysseus was a Jumper.

>>49883269
Actually, who're you henching for? The evil clockwork owl, or someone else?

>>49882664
A crucifix used like a thermometer works in some settings. Unfortunately, "some" being the operative word given in certain settings demons are just energy aliens or eldritch abominations or spirits allergic to only a specific kind of smug golden mecha pilot.

>>49883095
>hugs
>lots of hugs

We NEED Infernals Jump, for that sweet Cracked Cell Circumvention to escape hugs.

>Superman

...y'know, a long time ago I was only fully made aware of that Mr. Rogers fella in these very friends.

I've never truly met any role models throughout the chain. Interesting to see the difference having one can make for one's choices.
>>
So for Kancolle, am I right in thinking that you can turn a MS into a ship girl? I don't know the setting well, but wouldn't their weapons also be better than anything in the kancolle universe?
>>
>>49884541
Is a Mobile Suit a spaceship?
>>
>>49884569
We don't care. If we wanted news on SB jumps we'd be over there.
>>
>>49884566
Yes.

>>49884541
>be better than anything in the kancolle universe?
Are they really? I haven't watched Gundam, but I was under the impression that their weapons aren't any more powerful than a battleship's main gun. It's just that combined with their mobility, that's pretty fucking scary.
>>
>>49884576
>Yes.
No.
>>
>>49884569
Why would you do this?
No really anyone interested in nubleach would have already known that by way of browsing SB.
All you're doing is starting yet another bleach shitstorm.
>>
>>49884541
You are right. And whether or not their weapons would be superior really depends on the mobile suit. A 16-inch battleship cannon is going to be superior to a lot of mobile suit weapons. Not all, certainly many higher-end machines would have weapons outclassing it. But even some Gundams have lesser weapons than that.

>>49884566
The jump actually just says "vehicle", not "ship". And there's a long-standing tradition of mobile suit mecha musume, so they'd fit right in with the battleship mecha musume.
>>
>>49884569
Okay. Have fun with that.

As you can see, it's still not considered a valid jump here. Please don't bother us anymore with news about it.
>>
>>49884569
Oh there's a new version of that jump to shitpost with. I'll be sure to pick it up for future use.
Thanks Babe ;)
>>
>>49884541
I think Mobile Armors would qualify more, but I think Mobile Suits should work. That being said, it depends. A Mobile Armor would easily outclass anything in Kancolle, while most non-Gundam Mobile Suits wouldn't quite be able to match 16-inch battleship cannons.
>>
>>49884566
>>49884576
>>49884587
The import option says vehicle so I assume a MS counts.
Also, in terms of weaponry, my particular MS has the Twin Buster Rifle and a Epyon Sword from Wing hooked up to a reactor hundreds of times more powerful than the Wing Gundam Zero had. If Kancolle has a better weapon, I'll avoid it like the plague.
I just want to personify and waifu my MS. I probably wouldn't even send her into a fight, even if she can repair from almost any attack
>>
File: AMBAC Spacepod.jpg (61KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
AMBAC Spacepod.jpg
61KB, 400x400px
>>49884581
Yes, they are. Mobile suits originated as spaceships. The "legs" were movable thruster pods, the arms were extensions of the "magic hand" manipulators found on the space shuttle. They were made more humanoid largely for propaganda purposes, it helped with the AMBAC control systems but other designs would have worked just as well. And then along the way someone went "hey, why not make them walk around for ground combat", and we got giant fighting robots. Not that it matters, though, because the jump says "vehicle" and not "ship" for its import option.
>>
>>49884581
It can maneuver in space, and it has a cabin.

Pretty sure that qualifies it as being a spaceship, senpai. You could /maybe/ argue that their limited effective range disqualifies them, but their are plenty of spaceships with worse parameters.
>>
>>49884621
Well then yes, I imagine your Gundam Girl is going to be far better than any Ship Girl. I'd advise giving her some supplementary ranged weapons other than the Twin Buster Rifle, though. Even in the low power mode, those are still overkill for a lot of targets.
>>
>>49884621
>Twin Buster Rifle
...yes, that's far, FAR beyond anything Kancolle has to offer. That thing obliterated a giant meteor, it's outgunning everything. That being said, don't you have any...I don't know, other ranged weapons? Because that's overkill.
>>
>>49884623
That is the most reasonable in-universe explanation for making mechs I have ever seen, and one I can actually accept.

I would also accept 'because mech's are cool'.
>>
>>49881829
>Steve Irwin the Dragon Hunter

Damn it's been 10 years since his death. This made me laugh though. This captures his personality perfectly. I would wonder in FR if his wife Terri would've been a dragon.
>>
>>49884638
>>49884646
>Overkill
Well, my Gundam has all the loadout of the FA-78 Thunderbolt (missiles everywhere, twin beam rifle, beam cannon on the backpack, beam sabers), the mobile trace system, Devil Gundam cells and super mode, some GN vulcans, oh and all the lasers are DODS because there's no kill like overkill.

I guess I could take a lesser weapon from my stock Zaku-II or one of the ones I looted from my enemies
>>
>>49884648
Mobile Armors look more like ships, because they're designed for the sole purpose of killing everything. For reference, one of the first Mobile Armors ever, Big Zam, obliterated an entire fleet and several Mobile Suits, even giving a Gundam with an incredibly skilled ( as well as a Newtype) pilot a hard time. And these were supposed to be mass produced models.

>>49884674
Jesus Christ man, that's-
>Devil Gundam cells
WHY?! I mean, look, I know they're really great and all, but why would you want anything to do with that abomination?!
>>
>>49884648
UC Gundam is actually pretty reasonable in its justifications for giant robots, that was one of the design goals. The writing staff actually had a setting bible with their justifications for everything they put in. If you look at Tomino's notes it even says stuff like "lasers aren't visible in a vacuum, that's why our series is going to use particle beams, those glow due to residual heat from the accelerator so the beam can still be seen in space. Now the visual makes sense." It's kind of endearing.
>>
>>49884698
The CP version gives the Gundam self haling with no other drawback. IT'S A SELF HEALING MS! Do you know how much that saves on repair costs? 100%!
>>
>>49884674
Oh, it has the FA-78 [Thunderbolt]'s weapons? That should be fine, then. Its beam cannons aren't too powerful, you won't run into overkill with those.
>>
>>49884653
There was one for an Orc, an Elf, a Dwarf, and one for Humanity.
In Humanity he almost got killed by a powerful Vampire, but the Orc, Elf, Dwarf, and Dragon came to help him.

I lost the images when I swapped computers
>>
>>49884709
Yeah, that's before you start introducing other modifications or mutations to the thing, let alone making it a sentient "human" being! For God's sake, man, they're literally called DEVIL Gundam Cells! Not only is that associated with particularly nasty demons, it also has the word evil in it! NOTHING GOOD CAN COME OF THIS!
>>
>>49884738
Calm down, anon -- It's not like they're Divel Gundam Cells.
>>
>>49884698
Supposed to be a mass produced model. Supposed to be. The actual MP Big Zam is a lot less powerful than the prototype. For once this is actually justified rather than typical "the prototype is always the best" mecha tropes. In order for the Big Zam to be so powerful it had to mount four times reactors to a mobile suit's one, with each reactor generating more than twenty-five times the power of the Gundam's single reactor. All together it produced so much waste heat that the Big Zam had a total operational time of fifteen minutes. Sure, Dozle kicked a LOT of ass in those fifteen minutes he had, but in a situation where you can't get the Big Zam into position in time for that brief burst of power it's useless. That's why the MP Big Zam cut out pretty much everything except the main cannon and a few missile launchers. Less powerful, but now you could actually deploy it in the heavy artillery role it was meant for.
>>
>>49884749
I'd say that 'the divel is in the details', but that was already used.
>>
>>49884738
So I get a Yandere Gundam Girl?
But in all seriousness if I was to take Kancolle I'd make sure to have a vacation jump after or one where I can get her some willpower perks.
I also assume that when I met the ELS in place of Setsuna, they'd have helped remove the DG Cells during the upgrade process. I'm still trying to figure out what they upgraded and how since the only Jump I wrote that involved said Gundam was just for the destruction of a colony and all of Mars in AGE.
>>
>>49884749
>>49884759
You know, that reminds me, has anyone seen DiSu lately? It used to be we'd see at least one post from him every thread or so, now he seems to have disappeared.

>>49884765
Well, I suppose that's a good idea. Hmm, actually, I wonder, DG Cells are extremely good at adapting, would some of them be able to survive the process and adapt to make sure they couldn't be removed by something like that? I'd say it bears investigating, but I still don't trust those things.
>>
>>49884738
You're making these things sound like Evangelions
I see the problem but I don't think it's one that's not been addressed.
>>
>>49884822
Honestly, the DG has more in common with Evangelions then with Gundams. I mean, it ate Neo Japan and was probably planning to eat everything else.
>>
>>49884846
Ramiel 2016
>>
Well, this discussion at least helped me decide to let my Gundam be an ELS modification. It won't transform in the near future because there aren't that many ships in a similar size to a MS to become
Would becoming an ELS hybrid through the jump instead of CP count as death? I'm not too sure how non-CP stuff is supposed to interact with the Jumper and their equipment
>>
File: blank17.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
blank17.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>49884846
>everything else

...define "everything else"?

I was under the impression the stuff was basically like Godzilla-took over a Gundam, made it absurdly buff, went on an ecoterrorist rampage? Because I thought Master Asia turned out to be like Jetstream Sam, in that he was working with it, not because it was mindjacking him.

But, um. Hypothetically speaking, how big a mistake would exposing this stuff to the ELS living liquid metal, before letting it integrate an AGE device and trying to make it grow quantum brains be?
>>
>>49884915
I sell shitposting and shitposting accessories.
>>
>>49884915
That's what he THOUGHT it was. In reality, by the final battle it would have destroyed everything. Think of it sort of like the Spiral Nemesis, continuously evolving and consuming until everything was destroyed.

Well, take a look at the above. You tell me how bad an idea that is. I mean, with cp bought DG stuff it SHOULD be fine, but the actual Devil Gundam.
>>
File: blank7.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
blank7.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>49884998
Well.

Well, shit.

As may have become clear, I am not a clever man when it comes to Gundam stuff. Even though I did buy the CP version, I am getting the distinct impression that the final boss for me in every Gundam jump is going to be my own creation turned against me somehow. Because I apparently have the combined foresight of Autocthon, a lemming and Wheatley when it comes to doing things with Gundam things.

And yes, this includes the gunpla shop one.
>>
>>49884998
Correction, it was planning on destroying humanity to save the earth, but considering the way it was doing I stand by the fact that it would have ultimately ended the way I originally proposed. It appears my memory is..lacking.

>>49885018
To be fair, as I noted above I wasn't remembering things correctly, though I would again point out that the thing was powered by despair and guilt, there's no way that thing is going to stop at just destroying humanity and saving the Earth.
>>
>>49885018
The gunpla shop one is actually a story about transdimensional travel. The GP Base machines that make the Gunpla Battles work are powered by magic particles from another universe. The finale of the series features the Plavsky particles warping reality and making Gundam become real (though fortunately, still at 1/144th scale). And in Island Wars, the soulless spinoff of the soulless spinoff that is Build Fighters Try, Reiji and Aina's daughter decides to clown on the Try Fighters by opening dimensional gates and warping space and time. Plavsky particles are terrifying. There's a reason why the first series has a recurring plot thread of scientists going "And we use these things for a video game?!"
>>
>>49885018
It's almost as though you're dancing around yourself and your creation. Circling down and around yourself until the end of time.

You know where I'm going with this right?
Hehe
>>
File: Blank22.png (869KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Blank22.png
869KB, 1680x1050px
>>49885037
...a being who tried to harness his own repressed guilt in order to make despair part of himself (I know, I know-it was a phase) working with material from an engine of destruction powered by despair and guilt. Okay. Yeah. In hindsight, I can see I fucked up badly.

But that's okay.

That's fine.

I know better now. We live and we learn yeah? At least now, I know the absolute worst that Gundam can throw at m-

>>49885367
>Plavsky particles WARP REALITY AND MAKE TOYS REAL
>REAL SUPER ROBOTS AT NAC MAC FEEGLE SCALE
>By messing with SPACE AND TIME
>I bought a Gunpla shop for funsies
>I've been dragging /particles that mess with space and time/ across a multiverse of multiverses all this time

...holy shit. I. Well. As many possibilities as that opens, this is some next level fucking up.

I...I think I now have a canon explaination for the Recurring Nemesis Fanwank.

WHAT HAVE I DONE.
>>
File: Blank27.png (454KB, 924x656px) Image search: [Google]
Blank27.png
454KB, 924x656px
>>49885491
Yeah nah, hard to dance when you've been SET ON FIRE, DISASSEMBLED and THROWN IN THE TRASH WHERE YOU BELONG. Uh, and in a straight line too. A perfectly straight line! No curves here!

Nope, and you go where you like because I'm bailing out
>>
>>49885503
>WHAT HAVE I DONE.
This is, in my experience, the very essence of jumping.
It's almost like the Benefactor lives for these moments...
Thread posts: 387
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.