[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you imagine battles between Black Templars and Word Bearers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 12

File: 40K.jpg (102KB, 916x872px) Image search: [Google]
40K.jpg
102KB, 916x872px
How do you imagine battles between Black Templars and Word Bearers?
>>
Like most battles between Space Marines and Chaos Marines?

It's not as if all the other chapters aren't religious and can't be fanatical, and it's not as if the Word Bearers are the only zealot warband.
>>
File: 17494548451.jpg (529KB, 688x1044px) Image search: [Google]
17494548451.jpg
529KB, 688x1044px
Loud Screaming
>>
If any of the really, really old Word Bearers are still around, they'd get way more fired up to fight the Ultramarines.
>>
>>49874994
The Word Bearers having a field day with all the irony of a Space Marine chapter worshipping the Emperor.

Then getting ANGRY about it, because that's what started the Heresy in the first place.
>>
File: fuckyeahcapslock.jpg (51KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyeahcapslock.jpg
51KB, 500x334px
>>49875063

I'd now like to imagine that at one point a few of each side get literally pinned down within shouting range & without weapons and while waiting for backup from one side or the other they have a a Facebook/tumblr level "emprah vs Chaos" discourse
>>
>>49874994
>Word Bearers get all Righteous Furied up.
>Black Templars get all Righteous Furied up.
>Word Bearers unleash sorcery and daemons and other assorted warpfuckery
>Black Templars cry loyalist tears of pure fire because "SIKERS R BAD!" and they know nothing of the power they think themselves fit to face and suck and fail and die
>>
>>49874994
Why the fuck the Black Templars don't employ dedicated blank squads?
>>
>>49875227
Because blanks are one in a million, so having someone that is both 1) a blank 2) fit for SM indoctrination, and 3) not already scooped by the Inquisition or other imperial organizations is excessingly rare.
It's like looking for a teenage olympic athlete with a hh blood type, while the secret services are already abducting every one they can find.
>>
>>49875023
But they aren't just a zealot warband. They are the most fanatic and devoted warband and have retained their numbers and organization as a legion. They have the numbers to match the Black Templar's entire chapter.
>>
File: dontgivemethatshit.jpg (27KB, 718x75px) Image search: [Google]
dontgivemethatshit.jpg
27KB, 718x75px
>>49875314
>>
>>49875449
And?
>>
>>49875327
So what? It's not as if the battle itself would be especially amazing or different. The Word Bearers have a stronger hatred with the Ultramarines, and the Black Templars despise all heretics roughly equally.

The only thing that would really be interesting that wouldn't be there with other chapters or warbands is the Black Templar's unique organization.
>>
>>49874994
>SHOUTY, I SUPPOSE?
>THAT ISN'T EVEN A REAL WORD, YOU IDIOTIC HERETIC! IRONIC, CONSIDERING YOUR NAME!
>NEOLOGISMS EXIST TOO, DUMB LOYALIST!
>MY BOLTER EXISTS TOO, FOR THAT MATTER!
>SO DO MY PSYCHIC POWERS, CRETIN!
And so on, and so on, and so on.
>>
>>49875227
Because most of them will likely get killed because everyone dislikes them, most of the ones that survive are taken by the Assassinorum. Then you have to find ones that can survive the surgeries and trials to become a space marine, and in enough numbers to make a squad of them. Likely in what is one planet.

Good luck.
>>
>>49875079
How do Word Bearers feel that most humans now worship the Emperor? With the founding text being something that they would consider something their Primarch wrote in his edgy teenage phase.

I would either be mad as hell, or laughing my ass off at the irony.
>>
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Until one side wins eventually.
>>
>>49874994
Black Templars for once being horrendously outnumbered since Word Bearers DIDN'T split into a lot of different warbands.

Not to mention outside the numbers game, Word Bearers also have:

Converted cultists which would keep their numbers higher if BT were to use IG to even it up, not to mention cultists are all over the place so they can do logistical damage before a battle even starts.

Daemons that make Black Templar's "amazing" close range ability look embarrassing in comparison.

Some of the most powerful psykers in the game second only to the kind of shit Thousand Sons are supposed to have canon wise.

Lots and lots of trolling in many shapes and forms if we are to go by the last big canon battle they had (vs the Ultramarines.) Not to mention that if we look at that battle, they were vastly outnumbered for that one and still managed to kill off the vast majority of Ultramarines.

Granted this all implies that Word Bearers actually go outside their temple things and do something post-Heresy other than direct straight up worship of Chaos.
>>
>>49874994
BIBLE FIGHT!
>>
>>49875327
They have larger numbers.

Also:
>warband
>>
>>49876906
>be veteran of the long war
>fought on Terra
>come across shrine world
>hey I was around when we conquered it back in the crusade!
>remember how I burned their temples and priests and hammered the faith of the god emperor in them
>Well, time to convert those heathens yet again.
>>
>>49875449
You still have to find them. Their genetics make them fall to the bottom of the social ladder very fast. Finding them there is next to impossible.
It's not like they do something flashy like making the walls bleed or freeze everything or shoot lightning.
>>
>>49877114
And on the sidelines, Sly Marbo sheds a single manly tear.
>>
>>49877328
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxziPgCMGxI
>>
>>49875449
Ha ha, thank you for allowing me to unleash my inner neckbeard and rusty probabilities !
I don't think you realise the numbers you're up against.

So, if we consider there is one chance in a million for someone to be a blank.
With a hive population of 20 billions (only hard data I got is Olympas with 13 billions).
That leaves us with 20 000 blanks.
Roughly 5% of the human population is boys aged 10-14 (third world country figures, I don't expect hive worlders to have huge live expectancies).
So we got 1 000 000 000 potential recruits, a thousand of which are blanks.

Let's say a chapter recruits 1000 boys a year. And that 100 make it to neophyte status (which is huge, because it means they refill the 10th company each year).

You have 99.90% chance of not recruiting any blank. And you recruit any, it still has a 1/10 chance to die during indoctrination. That's 0.001% chance of a SM neophyte per year.
Good luck making entire tactical squads with that.

And that's on a hive world, not a death world where being a blank will actively work against you since there will be nobody to save your ass against the monsters due to instinctual disgust; and with a codex compliant chapter that unless the templars will have all its marines in the same place to form squads.
And only if the rest of the Imperium and the necrons are not fishing for blanks themselves.
>>
>>49875192
Anon Word Bearers hate psykers nearly as much as BT, they're the Khorne marines.
Even when they were loyalists they had hardly any librarians thanks to the nails.
>>
>>49877957
>they're the Khorne marines.
Those are the World Eaters you dingbat. Word Bearers are a completely different bucket of sausages.
>>
>>49877429
>tfw you'll never be a chipper, happy-go-lucky Dark Apostle who loves spreading the faith
>tfw you're happier if it involves converting planets you converted earlier in your life
>>
>>49878001
Anon's mixup aside, I think Word Bearers dislike Sorcerers since they view it as a crutch for the faithless, or just being a plain ol' philistine.
>>
>>49878061

That's actually an interesting point. Do Word Bearers dislike Sorcerers since they're basically committing Chaos simony?

I mean sure, some Sorcerers pay homage to specific gods, but anything short of worshipping the Pantheon would probably rub the WB's the wrong way for calling on Chaos' power without devotion / not acknowledging its wholeness.
>>
>>49878001
>>49878001
Shit did I just misread the whole thread.
And here I'd prided myself on being one of the people who DIDN'T mix them up.
thanks, anon
>>
>>49878162
I think it was the Word Bearers trilogy by Anthony Reynolds where it's apparent the WB have a low opinion of sorcerers, but I haven't read that since 2010 so I can't really remember.

What I do remember is that Word Bearers are big on making sure their flock worships Chaos Undivided (fuck you BL and ADB), and correcting them if they start to favor one god to the exclusion of others.
>>
>>49877704
Space marine recruitment rates tend to be closer to 1 in several hundred rather than 1 in 10, so it's more likely they'd only get 10 recruits from that, which makes the results even worse.
>>
File: BIBLEFIGHT.jpg (136KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
BIBLEFIGHT.jpg
136KB, 900x600px
>>49874994
BIBLEFIGHT
>>
>>49877323
>Not to mention that if we look at that battle, they were vastly outnumbered

Nope. After they blew up the Ultramarines from space they had the numerical advantage on the ground and got their shit pushed in.
The Black Templars will be much more knowledgeable of what they face than the Ultramarines were at the time too.
>>
>>49875449
40k wikia is shit.

The actually population of humanity in 40k is in the quadrillions. The tens of trillions is just the total amount of guardsmen.
>>
>>49874994
They hit each other with power bibles.
>>
File: necro.png (174KB, 470x246px) Image search: [Google]
necro.png
174KB, 470x246px
>>49875449
the current population of Necromunda is larger than "tens of trillions"

You've got well over a billion in one tiny section of a single hive city, and a hive world can have several thousand hives on its surface.

The Imperium's population numbers are ridiculous.
>>
>>49878392

Not to mention the infanticide rates for blanks, seeing as they often get killed because people just hate them.

That being said, a Black Templars blank HQ type would be great in lieu of librarians.
>>
>>49877704
Actually I think blank are one in a BILLION. Psykers used to be the one in a million, but as time pass and humanity's psychic gene awakens it becomes more and more common.

But yeah, blanks will still be rare as fuck even without the "one in a billion" because they're fundamentaly hated because of the disturbances and unease the cause. Most of them are killed or outcasts.
>>
>>49875314
>1 in a million
>An average hive world has literally 10s of thousands if millions of blanks.
>>
>>49878860
That's in a fair fight though. Word Bearers

1. Don't fight fair (these guys use more indirect/cheating tactics than Alpha Legion and Night Lords)

2. The Word Bearers at Calth were supposed to get their shit kicked in after the initial "annihilate the vast majority of the Ultramarines" plan went off. Some shit about the whole personal revenge vs actually doing stuff for Chaos.
>>
File: 1458425681889.jpg (605KB, 1089x2066px) Image search: [Google]
1458425681889.jpg
605KB, 1089x2066px
>>49879208
Need we speak of the Guard?
>>
>>49878061
Not really. In 30k a bonus you can give to Independant Characters is ML1, as a gift from the dark gods.
>>
>>49879521
I'm pretty sure that's just a mechanical representation, not a full on fluffy explanation.
>>
>>49879628
True enough.
>>
>>49878061
Lorgar is a psyket himself you idiot.
>>
>>49876906
>How do Word Bearers feel that most humans now worship the Emperor?

They think it's hilarious, and think that humans are deluded fools who don't know the truth.
>>
>>49879628
The Gods grant magic powers all the time.
>>
>>49878061
They view sorcery/psykers as being blessed by the gods, but don't hold it as the end-all, be-all of Chaos worship like, say, the Thousand Sons do.

It's just one more tool in their arsenal, to be used for their own ends.

It's also important to remember that Chaos Marines really don't have navigators - most of their navigation through the Warp is through slaved psykers, daemons, or (most commonly) Sorcerers.
>>
>>49879339
Who or what feeds these people? Corpse starch alone?
>>
>>49879502
I still get a kick out of how I caused that to happen.
>>
File: Black Templars.webm (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Black Templars.webm
2MB, 800x450px
>>49875063
>>
>>49879830
>It's also important to remember that Chaos Marines really don't have navigators

They also use Possessed and Warp Talons as guides through the Immaterium.
>>
>>49879915
Well, some folks just need their faith in the Emperor to keep them alive, while there is a vast majority who didn't realize they died already and keep going as if they were.
>>
>>49879915
possibly

Mass-imports are the main way hive cities continue functioning. That's where all the food made on those agri-worlds get siphoned off to.

Corpse starch can fill the gaps, and they don't even need to think or care about the underhivers.
>>
File: 1467084985465.gif (128KB, 209x193px) Image search: [Google]
1467084985465.gif
128KB, 209x193px
>flesh tearers vs world eaters
>>
>>49880483
>Thousand Sons vs Blood Ravens

I've always wanted to see Competitive 2hu.
>>
>>49877957
>>49878179

I cannot believe this so much
>>
>>49880751
If there is Chaos in Dow 3, I fucking hope is the Thousand Sons instead of another khornate fuckwit.
>>
>>49879915
everything is recycled, rationed, artificial, etc, only the nobles and rich enjoy real food, the other 99.999% of the population enjoys the aforementioned accommodations whilst they get to toil most of their awake time in a factory for a disturbingly small paycheque until the day they die having never seen the light of day in their lives. grimdark.
>>
>>49878265
I'm actually reading the Word Bearers trilogy right now and here's what the main character has to say about sorcerors -

"The Dark Apostle did not like the man, for he saw sorcery as a weakness - the only true power lay in faith, not conjurer's tricks and magic"
>>
>>49882358
This. I'm tired of them going with khorne because you don't have to write a script. Like bitch my chaos isn't just 24/7.
>>
>>49875314
>>49875449
A psyker is one in a million. A blank is one in a billion.
>>
>>49879339
Bullshit.

Hiveworlds are just in the tens of billions.
>>
>>49879339
Event then you have to find the blanks, which is almost impossible.
>>
>>49879502
>It doesn't orbit the sun, it's marching around it on patrol.
Never gets old.
>>
>>49885253
>individual hives have more than a billion inside
>planet has several thousand hives
pop quiz; what's a billion times a thousand

>>49885301
True enough, but the population density means they'll run into some every now and then even with the whole "strangled at birth by their parents" thing
>>
>>49879502
That pic always makes me laugh and cry. I wish that GW never found out about chapter master.
>>
>>49875192
>he doesn't abhore the witch
Cry some more while your sorcery bounces off my Emperor's Champion, Oathbreaker Scum.
>>
>>49874994

> "FUCKING HERETICSSSSSSS-"
>>
>>49886638
>implying he won't be crying before that
drop pods, yo

forecast says 100% chance of salty traitor tears
>>
File: Drop pod.jpg (82KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Drop pod.jpg
82KB, 600x600px
>>49886938
>>
>>49886169
Nice headcanon but we got actual numbers from various canon Hiveworlds.

Most haven't got over 20 billion souls on them. Eat a dick.
>>
>>49879339
>There are probably more people living on Necromancy than who ever lived on Terra until the 20th century
That's about 100 billion, anon. I don't know where you got multiple trillions from
>>
>>49887115
It's not a large piece of text. You did read the second half of it, right?
>>
>>49886469
Heard that after the two dudes who were working on the game after Duke left was picked again by some stud.

Hoping we'll get something in the future.
>>
>>49878061
>>49878162
Lorgar himself is a ridiculously powerful sorceror. In fact his one contribution since the Heresy was teaching Abby how to do sorcery
>>
>>49887844
If you are talking about the bloke with Blogspot, then you should place your faith on the next one.
Or did I miss something?
>>
>>49874994
They pray a little harder or something.
>>
>>49875449

Wasn't there a piece of fluff that said the Administratum tried to do a census on a Hive world, and they got 1/3 of the way through a single Hive City (on a planet with hundreds of them) and gave up after counting hundreds of billions?

That would imply there are trillions on a single planet with quintillions in the galaxy
>>
>>49887103
Which is once again absolutely ridiculous. Not only does the source from Necromunda give us a number in the trillions (as a low end estimate), but just the nature of a hive world make it seem like it should have more. Once again GW, like so other fantasy universes, dramatically underestimates the scale of what's happening. Most lore references to orders of battle or major campaigns assumes entire planets being ravaged by war involving a number of soldiers smaller than fought for any one country on the Western Front alone during WW1.
>>
File: 8c3.jpg (146KB, 496x496px) Image search: [Google]
8c3.jpg
146KB, 496x496px
>>49877957
>Lionfag is a complete fucking retard

Just like your Primarch. Fucking pottery, like the homo your Primarch is named after
>>
>>49890020
You know what? It's so convoluted now that I don't care anymore.

Let's just wait until Emps or Nurgle or anyone associated with death in 40K will tell us if it's still alive or not.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.