[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain to me how the force mechanics work.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Force_and_Destiny_logo.png (184KB, 800x392px) Image search: [Google]
Force_and_Destiny_logo.png
184KB, 800x392px
How does the system handle the force?
>>
>>49874945
With fancy dice and exp costs.
>>
The force is represented by a d10 (or d12 don't remember) that you either use for force powers, or add to skill rolls due to talents. On a more meta level, players roll a force die at the start of the session to generate the pool of destiny points.
>>
Anyone got a more detailed run down?
>>
>>49874945
Why not just read the books?

They're just normal skills. You add a force die, and if you roll dark side you can choose to power it up with anger
>>
>>49875180
Just wanted a resume of the force system before deciding to pick it up.

how creative can you get using the force in the game?

Can you actually be creative or is there a list of "spells" you can use?

Could I make a character that wielded an aditional lightsaber telekineticly while fighting?
>>
>>49875293
There is a list of force powers in the book, but exactly how they can/can't be used is determined by the power's "skill tree" and the GM. Most GMs approve of creative application of force powers.
>>
>>49875335
damn, i thought it was a bit more rule light/freeformy.
>>
>>49875293
>Could I make a character that wielded an aditional lightsaber telekineticly while fighting?

You can make a character that telekinetically wields a lightsaber with enough precision to cause serious damage. Using force powers costs an action, same as attacking so you can't do both in the same turn.
>>
>>49875398
Short of playing FATE or a DW conversion it's best you're going to get.
>>
>>49875423
As a GM I'd rule that this is a usage of fighting with multiple weapons. It's harder to pull off and requires massive concentration, but it's possible.
>>
>>49875482
I was going from a 45 xp investment in move, and then allow it by commiting force die.
>>
The problem with the force is that if you tried to keep it rules-light to be more 'creative' with it, the lack of limitations is going to make it a pain in the ass to deal with.

I think the book deals with the force quite well. It's kinda like if you were a Mage from Borderlands. The force powers you pick can evolve in different ways over time, from creating illusions of yourself to reviving fallen teammates.

The greater joy is determined by who your GM is and how flexible they are with the force. Like all tabletop systems, the best part of them is that you don't need to swear by their rules 100 percent.
>>
>>49875503
I'd avoid adding a house rule that he's committing Force die. It tends to make a spectacular task arbitrary, which is never fun.

Personally I'd go with requiring the player to purchase fine manipulation and Magnitude upgrades and making the Force check. If they succeed, they are able to telekineticly wield the sabers.

Then for the attack, have them roll Lightsaber or Discipline, whichever is lower. Increase the difficulty of the check by 1 and require spending 2 advantages to activate damage on the second weapon, as let usual, plus another 2 for every other weapon they are using.

I also suggest rolling the attack and the Force die at the same time as to encourage players to consider spending Dark Side points, as this check won't be easy to pull off six-hour them.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.