[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG LEGACY GENERAL - Comfy Combos Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 36

File: mtg legacy.png (707KB, 1121x313px) Image search: [Google]
mtg legacy.png
707KB, 1121x313px
Specifically in Legacy,

>Easy Mode: What combos (meaning any interaction of two or more cards, infinite or finite) do you love to play out?
>Normal Mode: What combos do you love watching done to others?
>Hard Mode: What combos do you love having done to you?

RESOURCES
>Active Legacy Forums
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art (Updated through Duel Decks: Jace vs Chandra)
https://sites.google.com/site/mtgbasics/

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Miracles: The Match-Up Everyone Should Know
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/how-to-defeat-miracles/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
http://www.channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/
>>
Common Legacy - Decks You Should Prepare to Face
>Miracles
>Delver variants (Grixis, Izzet, BUG, RUG)
>ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils)
>Death and Taxes
>Eldrazi Stompy
>Shardless BUG
>Lands

Uncommon Legacy - Decks You Should Know About
>LED Dredge
>Reanimator
>Infect
>Stoneblade
>Burn
>TES (The Epic Storm)
>Elves
>Painter
>Maverick
>4-Color Loam
>Nic Fit
>Sneak n Show

Rare Legacy - Decks You May See On Occasion
>Enchantress
>MUD
>Goblins
>Merfolk
>High Tide
>Aluren
>Food Chain
>12 Post
>Belcher
>Pox Control
>Dragon Stompy
>Tezzerator
>Sneak n Breach
>Stax (White or Black)
>Deadguy Ale
>Landstill
>Manaless Dredge
>Affinity

Mythic Legacy - Decks You'll See Once a Year
>Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils (DDFT)
>Cheerios
>Nourshing Lich
>Non-Eldrazi Moonless Stompy variants
>Spanish Inquisition
>Ux Omnitell
>Parfait
>The Cure (Kavu Predator + False Cure)
>>
>>49872086
>Easy Mode: What combos (meaning any interaction of two or more cards, infinite or finite) do you love to play out?
reanimating grizzlebrand, blazing shoal exiling progenitus, invigorate+berserk, hexmage+dark depths
I enjoy watching storm go off, as long as it's not against me
I don't love anything happening to me, particularly, but I don't mind anything that doesn't take forever. I guess I love my opponent going to infinite life, although it doesn't happen as much in this format.
>>
>>49872086
Definitely Braids, Cabal Minion/Smokestack + Trading Post
Crucible/Life From the Loam + Wasteland/Ghost Quarter
I have always liked Veteran Explorer + Cabal Therapy
>>
>>49872403
I enjoyed how different all your answers were from mine. I feel like it says something about what kind of magic we like to play.
>>
>>49872086
>what combos do you love doing?
Eternal Garden (fastbond, zuran orb, crucible) is the cutest thing I have ever seen.
>what combos do like seeing on others?
duskcrank kills a whole table in two ways.
>what combos do like seeing on yourself?
Anything that can declare infinite damage. The numbers I've heard before are great, some highlights are "as many particles as there are in the universe" and "an amount beyond reason"
>>
>>49872086

Dredgin first turn to reanimate iona
RiP+Helm
Show And Tell + Emrakul when i have a karakas in my hand
>>
Might as well post mine too.

Splinter Twin, Candelabra of Tawnos + Mind Over Matter, Nearhearth Pilgrim + Volcano Hellion + Aetherflux Reservoir.

Judge Destroyer, Rest in Peace + Helm of Obedience, Scapeshift + Valakut

Honestly I get a little salty unless the combo is super cheesy e.g. Lab Manic + Azami.
>>
>>49872086
Anything that ends in a lethal tendrils. I love casting all the spells.
Anything that drops a griselbrand. One of the most satisfying activated abilities still legal in legacy.
Handjob + prostate stim. Alternatively: painter + grindstone.
>>
>>49872586
I like the slow locks, the ones that make an opponent hate magic. I also tend to play decks with basics and wastelands in them.
>>
Best non-game-ending synergy: Gitaxian Probe with Cabal Therapy. I suppose my favorite interaction between two or more cards is probably Infernal Tutor + Lion's Eye, especially with a Past in Flames in my hand already. I like to resolve Tendrils for arbitrarily large amounts of life, but I also like burying people in cards with Dredge or All Spells shenanigans and—of course—firing a Charbelcher.

I've gotta love Helm and Painter-Stone because they sort of do the opposite of what my decks do. Haven't had the opportunity to build either one yet, but if I win the lottery...

Quick and brutal ones. That, or misfires. Misfires are fun for all parties involved—comboers, comboees, and spectators.

So a counter-question: What combos do you all hate with a passion?
>>
>>49872086
Top + Counterbalance

Shardless Agent + Ancestral Visions

Infinite ones that end the game so I can pick up my cards and move to game 2.
>>
>>49873217
I guess I should have a name if I'm going to hang out here.
>>
File: mtg despondency.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
mtg despondency.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
Is this Urza?
I love old mtg art.
>>
>>49873181
The kind with non-demonstrable loops. The kind that take an eternity to execute. It's one thing to build a lethal storm count, it's another thing entirely to sit there and jack off with no ability to shortcut and a good chance to fizzle.
>>
>>49873181
Counterbalance + Sensei's Divining Top
>>
>>49873364
That's a neat combo though. You just pay 1 mana and counter anything for 1 mana without spending additional cards.

>Abrupt Decay breaks it up
>Destroying Top in response to fetch breaks it up
>fair/10
>>
>>49873316

Sure is! I miss Urza-block art in a huge way. That's when I started playing Magic, so I guess being a dirty combo-player's sort of in my DNA.

>>49873364
>>49873404

I agree with you both. Excellent combo that I really dislike seeing on the other side of the table.

So Wizard Tribal, sounds like a sweet build. Have you got a list?
>>
>>49873454

3 Snapcaster Mage
2 Vendilion Clique
2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
4 Sensei's Divining Top
4 Counterbalance
4 Force of Will
2 Counterspell
4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder
4 Swords to Plowshares
4 Terminus
2 Entreat the Angels

4 Island
2 Plains
1 Mountain
3 Tundra
1 Volcanic Island
4 Flooded Strand
4 Scalding Tarn
1 Arid Mesa
1 Cavern of Souls

Cavern of Souls really ties the deck together.
>>
>>49873540
>>49873454
It's really more of a Mono Red Wizard Tribal deck because there's only one basic mountain and the red is the only color I'm splashing, hence, mono red.
>>
>>49873181
fucking elves, man. I don't even really know why, but I can't stand that deck.
>>
>>49873454
A friend got me into magic around urza block, I fucking love Masques block though. The whole block was dripping with flavor, the art was really cool, and I was too new to realise how bad a lot of the cards were.
>>
>>49872086
Brainstorm and fetchlands. No doubt. It's such a sickeningly strong amount of card selection it's absurd. It really is. Playing a 60 card deck with 4 of these and loaded with fetches makes for an experience unlike any other in magic. It makes 2-ofs into 4-ofs and things one would normally need to be 4-ofs into 2-ofs. That sweet single piece of Sideboard tech? Literally anything. Vintage doesn't have it, modern doesn't have it, EDH doesn't have it. It is truly the singular reason I play legacy.

The legacy bomberman combo. It's so silly it's exquisite.

Having someone show and tell an Emrakrul in when I have either Karakas or blighted Agent in hand.
>>
File: mtg disciple of grace.jpg (52KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
mtg disciple of grace.jpg
52KB, 480x680px
>>49873454
As a kid I really...appreciated some of the art in Urza's block.
>>
>>49873540
>no playset of Vedalken Aethermage
I've been disappointed before, but this is a whole new level.
>>
>>49873540
That's like a stock UW miracles deck, besides the land base. WTF am I looking at
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hey you guys seem pretty cool. I just ordered some cards for dnt and I feel like the karakas looks a little off from the mana symbol and the fuzzy trademark on the bottom. Can it be counterfeit despite having the holo stamp? I'm stressing out over it, thanks guys.
>>
>>49876540
Your fine breh. Common printing discrepancy. I don't think China has caught up with the frame update anyway.
>>
>>49876117
Aw shit I need to get on that

>>49876532
It's mono red wizard tribal. Miracles is similar but this is a mono red wizard deck.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>49876540
Here's a closer one of the mana symbol. The first image is compared to Stp. Even the symbol beside the artist name looks bad.
>>
>>49876540
>>49876695
So Chinaman proxies are usually done in one flat printing process. Wizards does theirs in plates (black, cyan, magenta, and yellow). It's far more likely that the card shifted slightly during the printing process, which would give you an off centered symbol and a slightly changed artist name as pictured.

You should be concerned when the card is smeared because that means the card was printed in one flat process and it shifted while the ink was on it. By the way Chinaman does it, the only way your card would have those off center problems is if the source image looked like that. Now there are Chinaman alters out there where the text boxes and other things are misaligned, etc., but that can be chalked up to just crappy source image design.

Tl;dr 98% sure its real with just a printing error as >>49876596 said.
>>
>>49872086
Storm
Storm
Storm
I play storm and I just enjoy watching the deck in action.
>>
>>49876768
Thanks for the feed back. Would it be normal for both karakas to have similar print errors? It seems mine do.
>>
>>49876540
Dude it's fine. Variance between print runs are completely normal. I just played two KLD drafts in two seperate weeks and you can see a slight difference in color between the same cards. If you're worried, do the light test and the rosette test.
>>
>>49876768
Chinamen print in cmyk. the difference is that they don't print the text in an extra black layer, while wizards do
>>
>>49876768
Thanks for settling my heart dredge guy. They were wrong about dredge guys, you seem alright. Heck I may even consider taking rest in peace out of sideboard. Jk I will respect you.

Any one else have that one play test partner they genuinely enjoy playing with and borderlines bromance? It makes me feel all warm inside thinking about it.

Also legacy seems less toxic than modern but I play both. How's everyone else's experience?
>>
>>49872086
>Easy Mode:
Nothing better than the ol' Rest in Peace + Helm of Obedience interaction being played out. Nice, clean, and powerful. Although not specifically vintage, I really like the Time Vault / Voltaic Key interaction.

>Normal Mode:
tbqh the most difficult one, I love seeing other people getting stormed out though.

>Hard Mode:
The "you win the game if you fulfill X condition" are cool because the whole time it's like trying to destroy the a mad scientist's device before it kills you. If it happens, at least it's quick
>>
>>49877685

>Any one else have that one play test partner they genuinely enjoy playing with and borderlines bromance?
I have a storm playtest partner, and we tend to play the mirror quite often, and we often root for the other to see if they could get there with Ad Nauseam.
>Also legacy seems less toxic than modern but I play both. How's everyone else's experience?
The Legacy and Modern crowd are on the same level IMO. In my LGS anyways. The Legacy and Modern threads OTOH are worlds apart.
>>
>>49872086
>Easy mode
Doomsday
>normal mode
Belcher
>hard mode
Nourishing Lich
>>
>>49877092
Oh okay. Thanks for the 411 bro.

>>49877685
Most Legacy players so rarely get to play that they almost never complain. In Modern if I sit down across an Infect player while I'm on Burn, they roll their eyes and go "Oh great, I have to play against THIS deck." If I'm playing Legacy Burn and I sit down across from Legacy Infect, we're both so excited to play some cards that we don't really care how shitty the match-up is. The only deck that is legitimately unsatisfying to play against unless you're on a FoW deck is Oops All Spells and maybe Belcher.

That's my experience, anyways. Typically I'm so excited to play some Legacy that I don't think twice if I'm playing a Miracles player. I get to play some fuckin LEGACY. Spin the Top, cast that Jace! This is why I'm here! This is the action I want to see! It's fucking fun
>>
>>49878032
I've only had one truly negative interaction even going to particularly large legacy tournaments like GPs . Most people who play legacy play it because they genuinely enjoy the format and they only want to see it grow. They have no reason to be jerks because it actively hurts their format.
>>
>>49872680
>judge destroyer

Just looked this up and holy shit.

>probably more grip of chaos triggers than particles in the universe
>>
>>49872086
>easy mode
Countertop baby. Also really loving playing out Pact-spanish Inquistion games by myself.

>normal mode
I always love to so see any storm player go off when you'd think they'd be down an out.

>hard mode
Don't really like losing but in a casual setting I wouldn't care. If I had to pick one it would be me acting smug with countertop active and somehow losing, of course that only counts if someone outside the game yells "GIVE THEM THE DRILLS".
>>
>>49873181
>combos I hate with a passion
To all the people that missed the earlier threads

>INFECT GTFO REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>49877685
>Any one else have that one play test partner they genuinely enjoy playing with and borderlines bromance?
Yep. We're both judges at our store. We enjoy playing against each other, and enjoy competing with each other, and enjoy pissing each other off. During a GPT on competitive ruling, I paired against him and would inconsequently play a land and call it something else by mistake.
>"I play a Swamp"
>play Forest
I did this just irregularly enough for it not to be cheating, but he knew every time that I was doing it on purpose.
>>
I like the combo of having two instants/sorceries in my graveyard, then casting Exquisite Firecraft.
My second favorite combo would be Mountain + Goblin Guide.
Storm. It's kinda like burn, only its for people who want to show off a more expensive deck.
Doomsday is pretty sweet. Fetchland + Brainstorm is all right. Anything that involves my opponent paying life is good in my book.
>>
>>49872086

You ever BBE into a Shardless into a Visions? Feels good man.

I love seeing shit like Parfait or Painter go off.

Dredge. There's nothing quite like the pressure of Dredge against you.
>>
Reposting my U/B reanimator WIP in hopes of summoning a reanimator bro for further input.

Or input from anyone, really.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-10-16-bu-reanimator/
>>
>>49879004
I think Sire of Insanity and Griselbrand are just plain stronger than Jin-Gitaxias. The fact that Jin gives them a whole turn before they have to dump their hand means they have a chance to answer him. Griselbrand is a stronger draw engine than him, and beats harder.
On another note, Show and Tell might be a viable sideboard plan. You have some open spots there, just a suggestion.
>>
File: 20161020_163029.jpg (4MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20161020_163029.jpg
4MB, 4128x3096px
Alright guys, i just finished my legacy deck and the tourny starts at 7 tonight, any last minute suggestions? It will be my first legacy tournament. Ive been waiting for like 2 years lol.
>>
>>49880171
Clean or change your sleeves you savage.
>>
>>49880171
Upgrade from Dragon Shield to Ultra Pro HyperMattes
>>
>>49880427
>>49880463
Get over the sleeves shit. If i clean them they just get dirty again in 5 minutes despite frequent hand washing. That goes for any sleeve. And yeah lemme just put my tabernacle in ultra pro sleeves sure pal
>>
>>49880602
Brain is dead, thinking of KMC Hyper Matte
>>
>>49880602
>>49880463
Dragon shield are best. They make matte sleeves now. They're dope.
>>
>>49880171
Go get new _cards_
>>
>>49880620
Every batch of KMC hypermatte i ever got was fragile as shit and useless
>>49880630
>salt
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 151x139px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 151x139px
>>49880427
>>49880602
this guy is still impersonating me even though I added a trip
>>
>>49880912
I've never had an issue with them, they feel stiffer than other sleeves, which I like.
>>
>>49880620
I 'tezz'ted your build on cockatrice last night and I have to say I like it more than the traditional builds I was running before. Crucible plus wasteland is a clutch addition, especially with mox diamond. Having only four walkers prevents your hand from getting too clogged up, which can be crucial when you need bridge to survive
>>
File: 1375626680315.jpg (444KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1375626680315.jpg
444KB, 640x960px
>>49880171
>yfw i drop a sanctum prelate on 2
>>
File: saltydelver.png (486KB, 640x445px) Image search: [Google]
saltydelver.png
486KB, 640x445px
>>49881389
>mfw you dont get to 3 mana
>>
File: SwordsToPlowshares.jpg (76KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
SwordsToPlowshares.jpg
76KB, 223x311px
>>49881484
odds that i don't have it: near zero
>>
>>49881597
>>49881484
Now now kids no fighting
>>
>>49881183
I'm glad you had success with it. I'm not entirely happy with the sb though, I think I might put in a singleton Wurmcoil, Batterskull or Lodestone Golem somewhere in the 75. Sometimes games drag out and I find a Transmute with neither half of the combo and no ways to dig, so it would be nice to be able to just transmute for a beatstick to close out the game. I've also been wanting to test Mystic Remora, I have a lot of fast mana to feed it and it would be a house vs storm decks and probably Delver, letting me draw into more Flusterstorms and Forces.
>>
>>49882219
it's perfectly reasonable that i die to an unchecked marit lage. it is also perfectly reasonable that i have the swords to nuke it.
fact is that i have a fuckton of play against lands in my maindeck.
>>
>>49882513
Ain't saying you don't pal. I was just trying to humorously bump the thread. This is a friendly general. Gotta stay cool.
>>
>>49882219
As the real gay dad of this group I insist the fight must go on.
>>
>>49882952
I always wanted to he part of a big gay family that plays magic
>>
>>49882993
I want to be the mom
>>
>>49883006
Well you and DDFT guy are the main posters/thread creators
>>
>>49883125
I've always felt like I lurk way, way more than I post.
>>
>>49883266
>>49883125
Can I be a creepy uncle?
>>
>>49883335
I'm gonna end up making a Legacy thread family tree and then we'll officially be the most cancerous thread on /tg/
>>
>>49883335
Sure, I'm the short retarded Canadian uncle
>>
>>49883415
You know, we in Louisiana actually collected a lot of our insane jumble of cultures from French Canadians (Acadians/Cajuns). Our accent is more ridiculous but our food is better.
>>
>>49883487
I hate French Canadians. Louisiana sounds chill though
>>
>>49878032

legacy burn vs infect is a great matchup though
>>
>>49883362
If cancer could get cancer and we're the cancer that kills modern and standard general, I'll happily be cancer.

Or a shitty adopted brother.

Played standard today. Feels bad man, I wish legacy fired on other days than Monday here.
>>
File: dunce pepe.jpg (9KB, 219x300px) Image search: [Google]
dunce pepe.jpg
9KB, 219x300px
>mfw I'm the stupid little brother of the family who can't handle complex decks and just wants to play with the big boys
>>
>>49880941

He's not impersonating you, you're clearly involved in a mirror match here.
>>
>>49885823
No he is definitely impersonating people.

Hasn't done me yet, kinda feel left out.
>>
>>49884866
burn is like 80% mindgames

>http://bc-comix.com/playing-the-game-with-legacy-burn-cameron-ramsay/
>>
>>49885923
Good try senpai. I like your style. Playing it cool this time instead of making incendiary remarks.
>>
File: crying pepe.png (290KB, 462x449px) Image search: [Google]
crying pepe.png
290KB, 462x449px
>>49884866
>>mfw I'm the stupid little brother of ---> the family who can't handle complex decks
>mfw my bad syntax made me accuse my family of being unable to handle complex decks
someone stop me from making more of a fool of myself, before I do
>>
>>49886512
>the family can't handle complex decks
You come to me on this, the day of my daughter's wedding...
>>
>>49881597

>that swords art

Oh bitch best believe it is Hammertime
wananananananana
>>
File: 20161021_113635.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161021_113635.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Alright dudes, I made it to GP Prov. Pic related, me preparing to play DDFT in the first Eternal Weekend Trial.
>>
>>49888934
Good luck bro! Make us proud.
>>
>>49888934
>Alright dudes, I made it to GP Prov. Pic related, me preparing to play DDFT in the first Eternal Weekend Trial.

Man I have to wonder when you're going to start seeing bans for people who supplement Adderall and preworkout for hardcore focus during tournaments
>>
>>49888934
>only eating two ibuprofen

shit's called grunt candy for a reason.

good luck though man, take notes for us.
>>
>>49889573
This is just for the first round pal.

Lost to miracles first round. G1 CB came down the turn before I could combo off and I couldn't find decay. Game 2 I mulled and never was really in it.
>>
>>49889878
There's only 20 people though and prizes pay out to the top 32 so I already won something kek
>>
>>49889918
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDajqW561KM
>>
>>49886329
I like your puzzles so I held back
>>
>>49890054
Thanks I gueess. Maybe I'll have some more .later
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 246x227px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 246x227px
>>49889878
that blows. good luck the rest of the weekend and remember to have fun, bruh.
>>
>>49890266
I'm having fun for sure. Just lost round 2 though. 1-2 vs tin fins. Just too fast and they have discard, unlike something like belcher.
>>
>>49890635
cast a doomsday yet?
>>
Anyone got a Pauper deck and want to play on mtgo?
Grinding constructed queues for points until I can join a league because I'm poor
>>
>>49891290
I've cast 4 doomsdays. had 1 countered, 2 won games, and one pass the turn pile where i got stormed out in the intervening turn.

Lost round 3 to storm. 1-2. Got him first game, lost with the pass the turn pile game 2, and got the drills real fast game 3.
>>
>>49891771
Also I said "i'I'll give you the drills" game 1, so I consider it a good match.
>>
>>49891771
>>49891788

On losing to a counterspell, have you ever toyed with the meandeck doomsday list that goes pretty much exclusively lab man but runs a full control suite, more similar to how doomsday is played as a wincon in vintage UB control?
>>
>>49891823
I've seen the lists and I'm not really a fan. it's not really my playstyle. But I feel like it also doesn't have the flexibility of DDFT. And I have 7 discard spells main, one I can wish for, xantid swarm in the board, etc. Countermagic isn't that bad for me. The one that got countered was a last ditch effort again't miracles when I was way behind after mulls.
>>
4th round bye. Whoop whoop
>>
>>49892125
life is suffering
>>
>>49882224
desu senpai I've been getting my shit slapped my miracles lately. I know it's supposed to be a favored matchup but it just seems like they have way more answers than I have threats. any recs for sb hate? I was thinking about defense grid but it seems kind of meh
>>
>>49879004
Who dares arouse me from my slumber?
Anyways, you got a lot right, but some things are a bit iffy or questionable.
(1/2)
I'd at at least two more fetch lands, they make your Brainstorms (and Ponders sometimes for that matter), so much better.

Inkwell Leviathan in the main is a meta choice, basically your call, but I'd drop the Jin-Gitaxias' for two more Griselbrands. They look nice on paper, but with Reanimate you lose 10 life for a 5/4 with no evasion. It's sadly not good enough on its own, and pales considerably next to Griselbrand. If you find a spot for him, sure, there are games where this guy shines over Griselbrand, but the way it's set up now you'll have the Jin often where a Griselbrand would win you the match. tl;dr: J-G is fine, but Griselbrand is generally the more powerful play. If you still want him, I'd cut him down to one and at least add one more Griselbrand.

I generally don't like the Dark Rituals in this list, since it encourages you to commit three cards at once, and also, we just don't need it. Look at your cards, most stuff costs 1 mana anyways, speed is not really an issue with Reanimator. Also, we play U to add consistency and resilience, while Rits want to pull the deck in a different direction alltogether.

Finally, cut one Petal, for reasons listed above and diminishing returns each turn later. You want to maximise the chance of having one early, whilst also minimising chances of drawing it in the later game, and three feels to be the magic number there.

Finally, Necromancy is really not where you want to be. The flash option is not worth the extra mana, and you want to be Abrupt Decay-proof anyways. I usually play one Animate Dead because it's good against Flusterstorm and to up the amount of reanimate-effects, but at least that's only two mana. You're playing 14 lands (which is alright, although I'm on 15 now), so three mana is a big commitment.
>>
>>49879004
(2/2)
When cutting, bring in Thoughtseizes from the board to the main. They're good (targeting yourself is also an option).

Anyways, this is a bit of a hasty and probably all over the place, but I hope it helps. Happy exhuming.
>>
>>49892125
>>49892875
Well I won my last round vs burn, 2-1. Offically upgrading it to a slightly unfavorable match up instead of horrible. Because I won my last round and the turnout was so low, I made top 16 and got 200 prize wall tickets. Not bad for 2-3.
>>
Hoping Legacy FNM fires tonight. I'm ready to get some Dredging going on.
>>
>>49893356
Hell yes. Keep giving people the drills and remember to have fun.
>>
Monthly sanctioned Legacy in an hour and a half, let's see how terribly I end up doing.
Also, wow it's been a while since I've been on here.
>>
You guys with Legacy on a regular basis are lucky. I got to wait until later this weekend, and here's hoping I don't go broke first.

Keep putting the Drills to them—medium style.
>>
>>49893601
The eternal weekend trial took most of my day and I have a reservation for dinner with my team so no more legacy today. I'll be back at it tomorrow til the hall closes.
>>
>>49893226
Man its good to finally hear some constructive criticism from a pilot of the same archetype. Necromacy had really not been cutting it in the goldfish, and it was on my cut list already.

Inkwell Leviathan is there sort of just in case i need a big dumb beater thats hard to interact with, and the two J-Gs were there until i decided if id rather have Sires of Insanity in there.

Do/have you run Sire? Is it worth it?

Thanks again man.
>>
>>49893882
yeah, I was wondering where you went. good luck, dude. sorry legacy only fires once a month for you.
>>
>>49895975

We're supposed to have a tournament every week, but they keep scheduling Modern qualifiers for the same day. Had only, like, two tournaments in the past five weeks.
>>
Lost to Stax round 1. Game 1 Bottled Cloister and then he drops Ensnaring Bridge. Game 2 he has Grafdigger's but I get rid of it, then I brick and he does Metalworker stuff and gets double Cage on the field.

Won against Manaless round 2. Combo out pretty hard game 1. Game 2 he Phantasmagorians three Bridges into his grave. I trade Ichorid for Tokens and he loses all of them, as do I. Slow roll for a few turns while trying to dig for Dread Return (both were in the bottom 8 cards of my library) to get Elesh Norn, then realize I'm an idiot and start beating face with Ichorids and tokens.

Two rounds to go.
>>
>>49896583
>Lost to Stax round 1. Game 1 Bottled Cloister

Damn, that's brutal.

>Won against Manaless round 2
Good work.

Have you been testing Prized Amalgam / Conflagrate at all? I've been keeping an eye on Modern Dredge since Legacy is becoming more creature heavy like Modern is. Those are the two cards that interest me the most, especially since FoW versions of the deck are becoming more popular and the Amalgam pitches to FoW.
>>
>>49896998

Not the person you were asking, but I think Conflagrate's likely to have the same problem cards like Abrupt Decay have in Dredge; it costs two (colored) mana that we can't produce using Coliseum, and it's by no means guaranteed that we'll have the time to land a second red source (or even a first red source, especially if we're only on 12 lands).

Still, the effect looks awesome (probably better than Firestorm), and I think modern Dredge looks like a blast. I'd put it together right away if I still had Bloodghasts.
>>
>>49892951
I think the key to beating Miracles is landing an early Tezz or Chalice, it's a matchup that can be really hard though, lots of room for outplay on both sides. Look to bait a counter with Foundry or a Chalice and slam Tezz. usually they only have 1 Council's main to answer it and turning a bunch of Signets and such into 5/5's is hard to keep up with. defense grid sounds pretty good.
>>
File: Image.png (139KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
139KB, 223x311px
Y'ALL, I GOT THE SICK TECH Y'ALL.
CHECK THIS SWIZZ.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sneaky-challenge
>>
>>49897648
More spice than dune and all its shitty sequels.
>>
File: vietnam.jpg (42KB, 622x561px) Image search: [Google]
vietnam.jpg
42KB, 622x561px
Round 3, played my own Burn deck that I lent out. Had it game 1 with lots of tokens, he scoops while I'm on my upkeep figuring out Ichorid nonsense. Game 2 he pulls out the good stuff while I'm durdling and bricking on Dredges, just Dredging into spells over and over again, there must have been 3 Nature's Claim in the grave. Game 3 he keeps a questionable hand and I drop bombs. Never did hit Iona, but I knew she was in the deck so I wasn't concerned.

Round 4, faced my friend playing Leylines. He agreed to concede to me so I could be 3-1 in return for me giving him Kaladesh packs. We played it out and it ended up going like, 14 or 15 turns while I dinked away with Narcomoeba. He still had it 2-0.

All in all, not a bad night.
>>
>>49897648

>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sneaky-challenge

I want to see this happen. Like, I want this to be something that gets recorded for future generations.
>>
Considering Boggart Ram-Gang, Everlasting Torment, or Puncture Blast in my RUG Delver sideboard to improve the abysmal Eldrazi matchup (which is so bad partly because of Chalice and partly because my creatures are easily outclassed).

Any better suggestions for overcoming the barrage of 4/4s and 5/5s? Already run two Dismember main.
>>
>>49898374
>Any better suggestions for overcoming the barrage of 4/4s and 5/5s? Already run two Dismember main.

Blood Moon. The card absolutely rapes Eldrazi.
I play Grixis Delver and after a couple of beatings (Dismember and Baleful Strix is not enough!) I've thrown a single Blood Moon into the sideboard. Will see how testing goes!

I play Grixis Delver in modern too (bigger playerbase) and Blood Moon is so good vs Eldrazi in that format. Think it could be great in Legacy too!

>>49897255
>Still, the effect looks awesome (probably better than Firestorm), and I think modern Dredge looks like a blast.

Yeah, I liked it better than firestorm because Firestorm is only good in your opening hand and that's it. It's not even debatable that Modern Dredge is work but I always keep on the lookout for cool tech since Modern has a much larger playerbase and thus more testing hours.

I think that if we did do Conflagrate, it'd need to be more red based. Who knows, we'll see.
>>
>>49898374

What makes the matchup really bad for you? Is it Chalice and Thorn? Simply the size of their creatures?

I feel like there's a big difference between the solutions to each of those problems, and like they'll each impact different decks really differently. As a stormer, I pretty much just 'board in land #15, Empty the Warrens, and a couple of Hurkyl's Recalls and hope for the best.
>>
>>49897682

Also, extremely underrated post.

I thought Dune Messiah wasn't bad.

What's /tg/LEG/ listening to?

Immortal: "Call of the Wintermoon"
>>
>>49898724
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im78cAVDyfQ
>>
>>49898636
I don't know much about Grixis Delver, but Blood Moon fucks my deck over pretty badly.

>>49898662
A resolved Chalice on 1 makes the game nigh-unwinnable for RUG delver. The only answer is counterspells (limited to FoW if it's turn 1 and I'm on the draw, but also Daze if I'm on the play), and artifact hate, which I have sb also for several other decks.

Even if they didn't have Chalice though it'd be a difficult matchup; they simply throw out enough disruptive 4/4s and evasive 5/5s early enough that I can't conceivably counter them all, Bolt only kills them if I throw away one of my cheap threats too, and my cheap threats have no chance against such powerful creatures, especially since TKS and Reality Smasher come out as early as turn 2.
Basically, game plan is to swing a lot with small-ish dudes, and Eldrazi doesn't let me do that for long enough.
>>
>>49898724

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BE7i9iJnJ8A

I've been on these guys for about a week and a half now
>>
>>49898787

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im78cAVDyfQ

YEEEEEAAAAAAAH. All about the Thrash.

I'm still on a Black Metal binge for the time being (Darkthrone: "F.O.A.D."), but Thrash is where my heart belongs. Another reason beyond the Power 9 to wish I were born about 10 years earlier.

So I've got some survey questions:
>What's your favored deck?

What are its best matchups and why?

>What are its worst matchups and why?

>What cards do you love/want to test?

>What cards to you hate/never want to see?
>>
>>49898724
I can't stop listening to Sabaton's " last stand" album that came out a while ago. Either than that, amaranthe's and Korn's new album came out today too.

also carly Rae jepsen
>>
>>49898901

Yeah, Chalice on 1 hoses Storm pretty hard, too. And the clock on Eldrazi isn't to be understimated; I've told other players that the big problem isn't the hate-permanents—I beat Junk Loam with two Chalices down the only time I ever played it, and it's not a favorable matchup—it's the Thought-Knazis and the Super Smash Bros.

Totally hear you about Blood Moon; that card hoses you almost as badly as it hoses Eldrazi. What about trying Ensnaring Bridge? Was thinking about something like Energy Field or Propaganda, but I don't think Delver will clock them quickly enough to end things before the Field dissipates and Propaganda may bleed them if they're relying on Ancient Tomb, but it won't do much if they aren't.

Your question's piqued my interest. If I figure out anything further, I'll let you know.
>>
>>49898724
I've been on this beauty for about a week and a half now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbfa86bTD34
>>
>>49898724
>What's /tg/LEG/ listening to?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9FPhpuNrwg
I listen to a lot of heavy shit and this is the first album in a while that's impressed me with its heaviness.

Dune Messiah is better than Dune. The fall of a great man is harder to tell than his coming of age.
>>
>>49898915
RUG Delver

>What are its best matchups and why?
No extraordinary matchups I can think of, just pretty good against most decks

Eldrazi (Chalice is bad enough, but those fucking creatures man)
Miracles (fuck countertop and the counterspells that protect it)

The common theme here is that if it makes it hard for me to cast my 30 one-drops, I don't like it.

Winter Orb and Sylvan Library, fuck miracles
Teferi's Response, fuck DnT

Chalice of the Void
Counterbalance
Blood Moon
Eidolon of the Great Revel
Rest in Peace
>>
>>49898724
I've been playing ANT without any green splash (sideboard plan of 4 young pyros+ more combo interaction) and I haven't really decays at all. Got a feeling that it's just considered wrong, but the only thing I've slightly missed is xantid swarm, and flusterstorm is usually as good for the matchups you want it for.
Not the best weezer album, but it's nicely low intensity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlBg8ZNAz0o
>>
>>49899050

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbfa86bTD34

Excellent music for dredging up colossal trolls and burning zombies by the dozens! Who's your favorite composer?

>>49899125

Good so far! Feels like something wedged between Electric Wizard and Sunn O))). I also felt like Dune Messiah was worthy of inclusion within the saga of the first book. I have great difficulty divorcing rise from fall, especially regarding great men; I studied ancient history.

>>49898910
>>49898987

Liking these as well, though I'm not as familiar as I am with some of the other things listed.

>>49899143

I'm seeing a lot of really goofy stuff to hate on Eldrazi in the lists I can find online. I'm wondering whether it might just be one of those "don't expect to get there" matchups, which I hate, but I've sort of learned to accept (Eldrazi and Reanimator for Storm). I just bring in approx. 3-4 cards and hope for the best, because my sideboard's got some room in it anyway. If I hear/see anything, I'll see what I can post for the Delver-ers.

>>49899175

Interesting choices! Do you find that non-zero-cmc permanents ever get in the way of your plan? I keep having that problem, which is why I tend to go with spot removal/bounce rather than, e.g., Carpet of Flowers or creatures in the sideboard. Genuinely interested in your input: what do you think of Monastery Mentor or Thing in the Ice?

Oh, yeah:

AnT
Lands; non-interactive stuff generally (no interaction).
Eldrazi (Chalice and Thorn stop all the things); Reanimator (T1 Griselbrand/Sire is really tough to stop).
>What cards do you want to test?
Daze. Mox Diamond. Drop of Honey. Burning Wish.
—Thorn and Chalice
—Thalia (old)/Ethersworn Canonist
—Eidolon of the Great Revel
—countertop
—Goddamned fucking butt recruiters and all their dickheaded pals
>>
>>49899626
Bach is the king. I never made a comprehensive list of composers I liked from top to bottom because the lists always turned out incorrect, or they would change in the next week. But Bach is always a constant, he'll always be the best.

Trying to think what kind of deck Bach's tunes would make good with.
>>
>>49899849
No love for Chopin?
>>
>>49899939
Like I said, never made a comprehensive list that I liked because all the right composers are in the wrong places. Off the top of my head, top to bottom and in arbitrary tiers but all highly respected in my opinion:

SS Tier
>Bach
>Mozart
>Beethoven

S Tier
>Chopin
>James Horner
>Saint-Saens

A Tier
>Vivaldi
>David Maslanka
>Stravinsky
>Tchaikovsky
>Handel
>Sousa
>>
>>49899626
>I keep having that problem, which is why I tend to go with spot removal/bounce rather than, e.g., Carpet of Flowers or creatures in the sideboard.
I still have some of that stuff, 2 chain of vapors 2 disfigures and 1 echoing truth, thinking of replacing echoing truth though.
I really haven't tested my version out much. It's been promising so far though. I really have just never liked decay except for miracles. The other decks I think it's supposed to be for are D&T, lands and chalice decks, but all of those run wastelands and I've found (especially with prelate) that just mildly interacting with lands/D&T and trying for a turn 2-3 kill (or empty vs D&T) to be better than trying to grind. Even against chalice decks every time I boarded in 4 decays I inevitably felt like I over boarded.
I'm really just a noob though, not really that experienced with the deck.
>what do you think of Monastery Mentor or Thing in the Ice?
Not sure what you would be playing white for other than mentor, but if you were already playing white it seems better against most decks you board it in against (not against combo I guess). TiTi seems good in some matchups but mostly matchups where going full combo is a good plan (elves, D&T, dredge) I dunno, seems OK vs eldrazi? Also no Therapy flashback.
>Mox Diamond
I can't see that being better than chrome mox, less versatility and just less lands.
>>
>>49898915
Shardless BUG

Any delver deck- i have two-for-ones and removal for days
MIracles- abrupt decay <3
Reanimator- lots of gy hate

Omni-Tell- very hard to interact with
Dredge- still hard even with gy hate, game one is a nightmare
Burn- jitte or bust

Zuran orb for burn
Massacre for DnT
Leyline of the Void- damned if i do, damned if i dont

Life from the Loam
Rest in Peace
Trinisphere
Crucible of Worlds
"I want to be on the draw"
>>
File: received_1369729849734179.jpg (279KB, 1440x1388px) Image search: [Google]
received_1369729849734179.jpg
279KB, 1440x1388px
>>49898915
Infect

DNT and Miracles.
No real pressure early game for miracles with minimal interaction besides Swords or terminus. Sylvan Library gets too far ahead on card selection that I can keep hearing with an inkmoth while forcing them to answer elf/agent in the mean time.

DNT has 4 Swords and nearly 0 answers to a blighted Agent. Land destruction isn't as good as usual due to Noble Hierarch and crop rotation. Post board with access to Karakas makes it nearly laughable.

Lands, Eldrazi, and grixis delver.

Lands and Eldrazi exist to beat Brainstorm/delver decks. Infect is the best Brainstorm/delver deck, but it still falls victim to the same hate. Chalice etc. Lands runs mainboard Maze of Ith. I mean what the actual fuck is that?

Grixis because it's a bolt/counterspell deck.

Sapphire Charm.

Bolt, Decay, chalice, Trinisphere, jitte.
>>
>>49898724
>yfw the drooling little brother has the most patrician taste in the /legacy/ family
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOwRW8ee4S8
>>
>>49895655
No problem, I'm yuropoor, so my active hours can differ somewhat from yours. Reanimator is really in flux in terms of popularity, so it's nice knowing I'm not the only one still playing it at times.

Inkwell is totally fine. Some people run Archetype over him, but that feels like a mistake. Inkwell wins games on his own, while Archetype doesn't.

Sire and Jin don't really compete for the same spot, although I get where you're coming from (making the opponent discard their hand). Jin is like a hybrid between Sire and Griselbrand, and is worse at what it does compared to the two. Sire makes them discard at the end of your turn, while Jin gives them an extra turn to find an answer. Griselbrand let's you draw seven whenever you feel you need it, Jin obviously has to make it to the end of the turn, which isn't always a given.

Personally I don't run Sire of I since he doesn't shine in my meta, but if you're facing a lot of critical mass combo decks (Storm, DDFT, etc...), by all means add one in. Again, don't cut Griselbrand for one, you want at least three Griselbrands (but also not more than that, see the Lotus Petal argument).

Also, think whether you want to stay pure UB or want to splash green for Abrupt Decay. This changes how you want to look at your main and side in a rather big way, so it's convenient to think ahead in this respect.
>>
Sorry for the off topic wall of text, but I didn't start this! It was nii-san who started!
There's not much to say: Burn is the only deck I'm able to pilot without shitting my pants; I fling spells and count to 20; bad match ups are decks that can gain life or cheat in early wins. The most interesting match up is the mirror. Having 3+ Eidolons on the field is a special kind of hellfire.

>>49899050
>>49900010
Apologies for forgetting your taste before declaring myself the only patrician around. However, as you may recall, I am still your superior.
Have a listen to Celibidache's recordings of Beethoven's and Bruckner's symphonies - he is something very special. Notice the 10 minute longer performance time compared with the recording you posted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71dEfQTHo3U
See also this interview with Celibidache on his approach to music; every word this man spoke is wisdom:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SthKs40ClCY
Otherwise good list. Not a fan of Händel myself (coloratura was a mistake), and I've never found myself able to be immersed in Tchaikovsky's music (that's entirely my shortcoming,) but I'm glad to see Vivaldi on your list.
As the probably biggest Rachmaninoff ambassador on 4chan, and as I can see that you have neglected him, I can't help but direct you towards best girl with best concerto:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEGOihjqO9w
>>
File: cereal guy 8.jpg (18KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
cereal guy 8.jpg
18KB, 184x184px
>tfw community is running a proxy legacy/modern tournament (alternating each week) on Wedensdays and I can't attend them due to choir/opera rehearsals
At least I get to play on Xmage, now that servers aren't shitting themselves every 5 minutes anymore.
>>
File: sudden shock.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
sudden shock.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>tfw I'm the only one posting here in Europe morning hours

>>49901219
>what cards do you never want to see
You forgot this.
>>
>>49901741
>>49901776
>>49901921
Come on man, this isn't even courtesy bumping anymore.
>>
>>49901921
Real nigga hours. Smash that fukkin like button
>>
Alright going back for more legaCy today. Main deck is the same, but swapped some sideboard slots around in response to the meta from yesterday. -2 hurkyl's, +2 dread of night, -2 Xantid swarm, +2 Flusterstorm, -1 void snare, +1 Decay. Tournament doest start til 1030. Wish me luck. Tomorrow is belcher/nourishing lich day.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-03-16-ddft/
>>
File: 13345478622.png (80KB, 267x187px) Image search: [Google]
13345478622.png
80KB, 267x187px
>>49901219
>DNT has 4 Swords and nearly 0 answers to a blighted Agent.
you've never played against the deck, then?
>>
>>49895975
Tjere's weekly events with proxy limits but I'm busy on that day every week.
Went 1-4 with a bye playing Turbo Depths for the first time because i'm a FUCKING RETARD and left my backpack with literally all of my cards (and my phone charger and new sim card for my phone) on a train and didnt realise until an hour later when I got to the store
>>
>>49902823
To be fair, Jitte and Flickerwisp can be a tad too slow against Infect. I'm not sure what other relevant cards DnT has available in the main? Disclaimer: Definitely not an expert on the deck by any stretch. All I know is I want Massacres.
>>
>>49902852
fuck, dude. were you able to get your shit back?
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 480x480px
>>49902823
>he thinks 4 swords is sufficient removal

all kidding aside, I've heard several people on both sides remark that the matchup is bad for you. are you disagreeing, or just being pedantic because he said "zero" ?
>>
>>49902852
That sucks. Some of my teammates got robbed. Their cAR was smash and grabbed at a strip club. Lost most of their collections, primarily their standard decks for the main events. They were able to scrounge and borrow so they're still playing the gp but it fuckin blows.
>>
File: dredge main.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
dredge main.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>tfw finally finished my dredge after so long
I'm going to post the pics here for no reason other than dickwaving
>>
File: dredge sb.jpg (918KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
dredge sb.jpg
918KB, 2048x1152px
>>49903485
>>
>>49903485

That's easily my favorite City of Brass art.
>>
>>49898915
Since I've got a name to uphold I'm gonna talk about LED Dredge.

>What are its best match ups and why?
Typically I don't care about Chalice and Blood Moon decks TOO much since they force me to use Draw Discard Dredge and work around things with Narcomoebas and Ichorids, which slows me down but doesn't ever straight stop me. I feel I'm favored against Miracles so long as I'm smart about when I feed Ichorid and how I'm going to win if my Bridges get exiled through a Snapcaster chump block. Not a lot of decks are equipped to handle Dredge game 1 unless they stick T1 T2 Deathrite Shamans.

>What are its worst match ups and why?
Leylines dunks on Dredge. I have no way to interact with them until game 2, and even then Leylines builds itself up faster than I can chip away with my creatures. Admittedly my metagame is a little tight at my LGS since most of us are on budget so I can only speculate.

Eldrazi is favored against me because they have big beefy creatures. My best bet in game 1 is to combo out turn 1 or 2 and Dread Return Flame-Kin Zealot. Game 2 I'd probably bring in Elesh Norn to cut their creatures down to more manageable levels, though I have to be careful with Bridges because a lot of their Eldrazi are going to die facing 4/4 Zombie tokens.

Flame-Kin Zealot has been a real champ in my deck. If I crack him it's always for the win, nothing less. I love the toolbox style of Dredge, it makes me think harder about what is on my opponent's field and what I have to do to beat it.

>What cards do you hate/not want to see?
Turn 0 Leyline of the Void is usually pretty strong. Not unwinnable but definitely tough. Rest in Peace is no fun but it's not unbeatable as long as it's post sideboard. I had a real rough time against Bottled Cloister + Ensnaring Bridge last night so that's officially on my shit list too.
>>
>>49903485
>>49903491
Why are your cards looking like they're trying to escape their sleeve prison?
>>
>>49903641
The Dragon sleeves are bigger than the cards, it's kinda weird, they fit perfectly in my KMCs.
>>
Lost first round 0-2 to esper stoneblade. Was dead on board g1 and couldn't combo through his vendillion clique in hand. Probably should have tried in case he made a mistake but I decided it was better to hide that I was on doomsday and hope he sided in dead cards vs empty the warrens. Game 2 I never saw a business spell despite keeping a 7 full of can trips and top.
>>
>>49904075
Worst part was g2 the guy mulled to 5 and because I never saw a business spell I lost an easy game
>>
>>49903612

I play a good amount of Dredge myself when I'm not Drilling people.

I think Blazing Archon will clear up your Eldrazi problems quite nicely. And if you're having trouble against Leylines, I'd consider maybe boarding in more mana (Lotus Petals, or something) and Serenity or Back to Nature.

If Ensnaring Bridge or Bottled Cloister is getting you down, you could try running Ashen Rider. That's my go-to for shooting out specific threats, especially ones that can come back to bite us like Dark Depths or Emrakul.

We have slightly differing mainboards; I don't run maindeck Dread Return targets or Putrid Imps, and I run a quad of Study, Breakthrough, and Ichorid. Two Prized Amalgams, too. How often do you feel like Zealot is necessary in game 1?

Unrelated question about your sideboard: how often do you find Firestorm to work the way you want it to? I tested it for a bit and didn't really like it, but I'm curious as to what you think.
>>
Got to play some rounds with Grixis Delver last night.

First round was vs Eldrazi, went 1-2

First game I won easily due to being on the play. T1 Fetch into Deathrite and on T2 Young Peezy and then Cabal Therapy naming Thought Knot Seer. Dude revealed his hand and had 2 of them! That won me the game right there.

2nd game I could have won but I made some mistakes, and 3rd game I wastelanded several of his eldrazi lands but he kept making his land drops. I think I'm going to side in a single Winter Orb next time.

Second round was vs a homebrew Splinter Twin, went 2-1. I kept Dismembers in for the Deceiver Exarchs. Pretty cool deck but not competitive enough I think.

Third round was vs Tin Fins, which I think is a good matchup for Grixis Delver solely because of maindeck Deathrite in addition to 2 sideboard Surgicals. I like keeping in Cabal Therapy to name their

Overall 2-1. It was just for fun and not for any prizes, but it was good to play.
>>
Absolutely demolished a burn player 2-0 in round 2. Fucking rude as hell. It was a guy I played against round 4 in SCG Worcester. He remembered me because I was the guy playing doomsday wearing a punk rock vest.
>>
>>49898915
Loam Pox

>What are its best match ups and why?
Any deck with mostly fair game plan, Delver decks are the best. Most of those decks can't really stand up to Smallpox, Liliana, and Wasteland locks.

>What are its worst match ups and why?
Burn and Dredge can get pretty bad for me. They just move way faster than my deck's glacier pace and are not especially vulnerable to my disruption.

I love Chains of Mephistopheles, I want to test Smokestack in the Pox shell.

>What cards do you hate/not want to see?
I hate Deathrite Shaman if I can't turn 1 Smallpox it away. I do not want to see a Back to Basics or Blood Moon. Mox Diamond makes those cards hurt slightly less, and I tutor up my basics whenever possible, but they hurt a lot when you run 27 lands and only 3 of them are basic.
>>
>>49904687
Good for you man fuck burn
>>
>>49898915
Elf

Can't lose to D&T, can't lose to Maverick, hard to lose to Shardless, can't lose to random jank shit that Standard players try to bring to Legacy night.

turn 2 counterbalance -> turn 3 terminus lmao

Messing around with Opposition lists, Cloud Vine, Edric stuff, Leovold, Cradle Erayo Affinity, etc.

Just Miracles. Miracles is now the triple threat: since the good lists started running 4 Mentor + 2 EE main, it's almost impossible to win. Previously, your plan G1 was to just keep 2-3 guys on the board through balance by abusing fetching for Arbor, Visionary, Cavern, etc. Since they added Mentor and 2 more boardwipes, this is no longer viable. Now they just kill you on T5 or whatever with 3 boardwipes and a counterbalance up.
>>
Won round 3 vs punishing jund. Punted game 1 like a demon and cleaned up g2 and 3. Got a little lucky and played tight and made a sweet pile to beat null rod in the last game.my doomsday shrunk the goyf and let me survive the turn I passed.
>>
File: image.png (114KB, 600x650px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
114KB, 600x650px
>>49905476
>doomsday shrunk the goyf
dank
>>
I claim to have a good miracles match up but I haven't won a game against it this weekend. Game 1 decay counterbalance, cast doomsday, he counters it and slams a second cb. I cast another doomsday but he flips mentor to cb and I lose. G2 I mull to 5 and I'm stuck on 1 land for the whole game. Feels bad. I may rethink my sideboard plan for miracles a bit.

At any rate, with 2 match wins I'm locked for 100 prize wall tickets, and if I win out I should make top 16 and get 200 again.
>>
>>49905957
Seems like you lost to variance more than anything.
>>
File: Image.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
I have a question, when you place a card like this one on the field does it just effect the creatures currently on the field or does it effect every creature that enters as long as the card stays in play?
>>
>>49906018
A continuous effect like that will apply to each creature you control regardless of when the creature entered the battlefield. In fact, the creatures will actually enter the battlefield with the effect already on them.
>>
>>49905970
It feels like that but I don't like to just chalk it up like that. But post game analysis suggests it probably was just variance. I am going to reexamine my board plan because I board like 12 cards and I think it's too much
>>
>>49906062
Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
>>49906101
No problem, bud.
>>
>>49898724
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjy08xgGDWo
>>
>>49904635
Okay, I'll pick up an Archon and see how it does in the side. Problem is my Return package will then be 5 creatures between main and side and I feel like that's almost too much.

I don't like Amalgam mostly because I haven't tested it. My list is real tight and if I did cut anything it would be an Ichorid. Slicing it down from 4 to 3 seems to be a generally good choice considering my shortness of black creatures. I typically win with FKZ about 30% of the time. Usually the opponent concedes to 5+ Zombie tokens plus Therapy shredding and Ichorid beats. Never have I had to Dread Return Grave Troll but I imagine it would be a good target in a pinch.

Since I don't play many DRS or creature swarm decks I haven't had to board in Firestorm but I can't imagine ever not wanting it. It seems pretty good.
>>
Lost round 5 to lands. G1 is highly favorable and I massacred him. G2 I couldn't get there fast enough. Game 3 was long, and I needed an abrupt decay to decay a chalice and then go off through a sphere and warping wail. Spun top and fetched 4 time on his end step and couldn't find one and lost to a maritlage.
>>
>>49906857
Thanks for the updates.make sure to eat and drink. You don't want to get fatigued.
>>
>>49906899
I'm playing doomsday. I'm fatigued no matter what.

actually I feel pretty good. With the exception of my r3 punt, I'm playing well. Just bad luck.
>>
File: Image (1).png (139KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).png
139KB, 223x311px
Need help trying to figure out if this guy loses the +1+1 at the end of turn or if he just loses the hex proof and keeps the +1+1.
>>
>>49907031
They are two separate sentences. You keep the +1/+1 counters. Also, this is the wrong thread for this kind of post.
>>
>>49907031
Counters stick around unless otherwise specified (like Bounty of the Hunt).
>>
>>49907058
Thanks for the help I'll look for the rite thread for later questions.
>>
>a magic general this comfy
Well, shit. I might invest in a legacy deck instead of a modern one. I've been looking at Deadguy Ale, but I'm mostly just into durdly decks that use small creatures.
>>
>>49907114
You wouldnt be the first person theyve bewitched with their friendly ways.
>>
Well I went 3-3. Beat Burn again, in three games this time. Gave him exactly 10 drills game 1 while out of fireblast range at a cool 5 life. Game 2 he got a turn 3 kill on the play and I didn't win t2. Game 3 I turn 2'd him for exactly 10 drills while he was tapped out and I was sitting at a comfy 6 life.
>>
>>49907425
Got to 15th so that's another 200 tix for doing mediocre
>>
>>49907114
Sounds like you want you some death and taxes.

>>49907425
I love snuggling up to a high life total against burn. Then slapping a few chills down. But this is of course as mono blue back to basics delver.
>>
And I'm 3-0 against burn this weekend so I'm pretty pleased.
>>
>>49898724
Ever since Ghost released Popestar I have been listening to square hammer on repeat
>>
>>49907031
+1/+1 counters stay as long as the creature is on the battlefield. +1/+1 counters are not to be confused with "gets +1/+1 until end of turn" effects.
This is the legacy general, where we discuss Legacy magic. You may want to seek out a Standard thread or ask-a-judge thread.
>>
>>49907992
Everyone here has great music taste. I can't totally get behind the classicalfags but I like some of it so they get a pass.
>>
>>49899849
>Trying to think what kind of deck Bach's tunes would make good with.
A colorless deck, as Bach's music transcends characters. Lands, perhaps?
>>49905829
>tfw killing a 3/4 goyf with a single, neat Grim Lavamancer activation
>>49908321
>>49898787
same to y'all, I listened to Loampoxguy's trash metal album and it was great
>>
>>49907114
Play Deadguy Ale. It's my next project and the core (no Bobs, Liliana, or lands) is only $200.
>>
>>49906561

Yeah, it can get a little cramped to run a big Dread Return package, but I don't find that it's that big of a deal. I might trim mine down a bit if I can get my hands on a couple more Forces for my sideboard.

I like the fact that Amalgam gives you more pitchable cards for Ichorid or Force, though it's often something I cut if I need to try to combo as quickly as possible. I would definitely keep quad Ichorids/Thugs instead of adding Amalgams, though.

For all the thrash fans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlitksyuOd8

(there's also a remaster that's really, really good)
>>
Bump. Prepping Belcher and lich for tomorrow
>>
>>49912227
I'm looking forward to the lich reports
>>
>>49912227
Can you explain the wincon of lich to me? Ive looked at the constituent parts but my brain cant out them together as a whole.
>>
>>49912506
The kill card is Sickening Dreams. You cast lich, cast nourishing shoal pitching autochthon wurm, draw a dickload of cards, maybe do it again. The say "sweet dreams" and kill them. But in reality you usually lose before that point.
>>
>>49912741
Oh my. That is even more ludicrous than the conversation about it here would have me believe.

Well done.
>>
>>49912817
You think THAT'S ludicrous, huh? It only gets worse.

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?29732-Legacy-Judge-Destroyer-1-0
>>
>>49912952
:screams internally:

Was it one of you shitheads that did that
>>
>>49903404
Not yet, gotta wait till monday for the lost and found to open
>>
Alright /legacy/, i finally did it and ordered chinaman Underground Seas.

Which is more appropriate to do, leave them in mint condition and tell people straight up that theyre proxies, or rough them up enough to be believable, and admit to their illegitimacy when challenged?
>>
>>49913072
Depends on where you play. My LGS back in the states allowed full proxies for unsanctioned legacy tournaments. No one cared if they were chinaman fakes so long as you didn't try to sell or trade them; we were there to play. Otherwise, you'd have to rough them up.
>>
>>49913211
Alrighty, ill have to send out some feelers before jumping in it sounds like.
>>
>>49913229
Not knowing your store or playgroup. I'd just ask if the events are sanctioned or not. If they say it's not sanctioned, it's a very good sign that they'll allow proxies. If they do sanction the Legacy events, then proxies are most likely a big ol' NOPE. Hope they allow you to use the proxies. It's was nice to have people play and then try to use their winnings to build their actual legacy decks. Best of luck anon.
>>
>>49913357
Thanks buddy, hopefully soon i can start posting match results and putting on a name.
>>
>>49909539
>the core (no Bobs, Liliana, or lands) is only $200
What's the core? Just SFM and discard or something?

>>49910374
>Aspid
My absolute nigga
Best Thrash metal album of all time, imo
>>
>>49913981
Pretty much, yeah. Off the top of my head because it's like 3 am,

4 Bobs
4 Hypnotic Specter
3 DRS
2 Stoneforge

4 Dark Ritual (Urza's Saga printing only pls)
4 Swords to Plowshares (I want Beta STP so fucking bad)
4 Vindicate (Judge Promos or bust)
4 Sinkhole (EMA or Alpha/Beta, the price difference is only $30-$40 a pop)
4 Hymn to Tourach (EMA printing only, your old art a shit)
4 Duress (Dragons of Tarkir art is probably best here but nothing will ever out-cool OG Cabal Therapy)

1 Liliana
1 Batterskull
1 Jitte

20 lands

Sideboard
>>
>>49898901
i would recommend life from the loam, being ably to recur wasteland every turn actually fucks eldrazi over pretty badly. it does however require you to take more of a control role in the matchup, which can be awkward for a tempo deck like RUG
>>
>>49901219
>sapphire charm

i can recall eating shit against some random anon who was running than in a mono blue trix build. kind of similar to high tide in that ran forces and flusterstorm for protection
>>
>>49914864
What were you on?
>>
>>49880463
>ultra pro
>upgrade
End thyself.
>>
>>49901921
I always read it at morning, don't post that often though...

I've also pretty much decided that TES isn't for me, some more testing will have to be done before the final verdict is made though...
>>
>>49903485
That mat is awesome, still got the art for it as a file?
>>
Heading out for day 3. Got Belcher and licheck sleeved up. Won't be playing lich til the end of the day though.
>>
>>49916943
good luck with your pairings f a m
>>
>>49917085
Won 2-0 vs shard less bug. Game 1 mulled to five but still managed to belch for lethal turn 2. Game 2 I kept 7 and he mulled to 5 and I maDE 8 goblins turn 1 and it got there.
>>
>>49918156
lol I can just imagine him going to 5 looking for force and waiting to hit the charbelcher. or did he try to hit a ritual? either way, gj bruh
>>
>>49918194
He didn't try to hit anything. He t1 needled belCher and I made goblins.
>>
Won r2 vs eldrazi. Made 14 goblins turn 1 g1. And then made 14 gobs turn 1 through chalice@1 g2. Win.
>>
>>49918722
Bruh at this rate just drop DDFT and become Belcher guy instead

Captcha: PICO 2020
>>
File: 1476806121778.jpg (138KB, 694x960px) Image search: [Google]
1476806121778.jpg
138KB, 694x960px
Greetings. I am somewhat a shitter noob and need some advice. I am thinking of buying a box to draft with friends, yet I would be the only one keeping cards. I want some bang for my buck as far as trade value. My collection is somewhat underdeveloped as I sent my jank to a cousin of mine in need. We mostly play EDH, but standard, and eventually legacy interest me as well. Right now I am leaning towards and Eternal Masters box, but I was hoping to get some community feedback first. The EDH thread is dead or I would have bugged them.

tldr; Is Eternal Masters a good booster box to open as far as trade value?
>>
>>49919057
Nah Belcher is good for a laugh but it's not very stimulating. I lost round3. 0-2 vs elves. Game 1 I activated Belcher turn 2 and stomping ground was 2 cards down. Got promptly combo'd out. Game 2 I mulled a 7 that could make 12 goblins because I thought it might not be too slow. I kept a weak 6, couldn't do any thing t1, got thought seized, then made 10 goblins on turn 4 and it was nowhere near enough.
>>
>>49919187
http://www.mtgstocks.com/sets/260
I got you senpai.
>>
>>49919217
Very cool, thanks!
>>
>>49919217
Looks like modern masters would yield better cards but is unsurprisingly more costly. It will most likely be EM, thanks for the info.
>>
>>49919278
Teach a man to fish, you know?
>>
>>49914772
>4 Duress (Dragons of Tarkir art is probably best here but nothing will ever out-cool OG Cabal Therapy)

Saga duress has best duress art and looks better than og cabals sorry scrub :^)
>>
Favourite editions of things time?
There isn't a card from Future Sight that had a reprint that I don't prefer the Future Sight edition of.
I'd play FBB Revised Plateau over Alpha/Beta every day.
Nothing else coming to mind that's relevant. What about you guys?
>>
>>49919187
>Not Drafting Khans of tarkir
pls
>>
2-2 now. Lost to turbo depths. Got my t1 Belcher unmasked and died on turn 2 in g1. Nut draw. Game 2 I had a turn 2 Belcher with my mulligan scry. Got thoughtseized, found a buring wis while dead on board. Screamed "no guts no glory" played a bunch of rituals and LED, wished for diminishing returns. Found Belcher and mana in my draw 7 and won. Game 3 was a repeat of game 1.
>>
>>49919471
>some guy looking at a green shield
SNORE

>>49919640
>USG Dark Ritual
>Beta Swords to Plowshares
>John Avon 5ED Mountain
>VMA Brainstorm
>M12 Ponder
>Promo Emrakul
>Future Sight Bridge from Below
>Beta Bad Moon
>9ED Sleight of Hand
>Judge Promo Vindicate
>10E Wrath of God
>>
>>49919817
Do you have a list of your deck? I'm just curious what doomsday looks like, thanks.
>>
2-3 now with belcher. Goblins aren't fast enough. Even if there's 14 of them. Gotta win the last round to ensure prizes.

>>49920224
Well I'm not playing doomsday today, so there's no Belchers in it if that's what you're wondering. But I'll post the list. This is what I played yesterday: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-03-16-ddft/
>>
>>49919640
>mmq brainstorm
>mmq counterspell
>lorwynn thoughtseize
>lorwynn ponder
>unglued basics
>tempest dark ritual
>beta bolt
>mm2 cryptic command
>7ed duress
>ons fetches
>judge promo clique
>>
>>49920664
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-03-16-ddft/
Thats the one, thanks.

What the Emrakul for? Show and Tell?
>>
>>49919640
thought of some more

>alliances force of will
>odyssey goose
>Quentin Hoover fallen empires hymn to tourach
>nemesis daze
>>
>>49920775
Emrakul and shelldock isle create an uncounterable kill with doomsday, as long as doomsday resolves. It'It's good against blue decks like miracles and show and tell.
>>
Is Painter a good deck? It seems it comes and goes on goldfish. Sometimes its there with a decent metashare like right now and other times its gone and has been kicked out of the meta.
>>
>>49920751
I said tempest dark rit, but meant mirage.
>>
File: Image.png (122KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
122KB, 223x311px
DnT players ITT: What do you think of Thalia, Heretic Cathar?

I've been trying her out because she looks insane on paper but in actual games she tends to be too late to really matter. She reminds me a lot of Spirit of the Labyrinth; insane unsalvagable blowout when the stars align but otherwise just kinda meh. 3/2 First Strike is a great body but the ability tends to be too late unless my opponent already was way behind in mana
>>
>>49919187
EMA is really fun to draft. If you're looking for something less expensive, Khans is the way to go.

The new Conspiracy is enjoyable to draft, but I didn't like how the actual games played out. 1st pick Rogue's Passage where possible, and draft as many flyers as possible. It has the best value out of the sets I've seen recently.
>>
Alright dudes. Came in 30th with Belcher at 2-4, which was good enough for 100 prize tickets. Time to scrub out of a 4-rounder with Nourishing Lich.
>>
>>49921025
It's supposed to be good, but it's very expensive and the expensive parts aren't used in any other decks.
>>
>>49921339
I've played her in White Stax and I've felt the 3/2 first strike body matters more than the ability.
>>
>>49922020
I feel the same way, and in that case why not play porcelain legionnaire
>>
>>49921805
you've accumulated kind of a lot of tickets, right? do you know what you're gonna buy with them?
>>
>>49922255
No idea. Ther's not much good stuff. Probably will just get like a box and a half ish of kaladesh and hopeople to pull a masterpiece
>>
Also I lost in 3 to MUD with lich. Got there game 1, got locked and couldn't find hurkly's game 2, and got killed by a turn 2 hasty blight steel game 3.
>>
>>49916382

I think I see what you mean about TES. I've got the cards for it, but my impression is that it's both harder to pilot and more fragile than ANT, but without the speed of Belcher.

Not hating on the deck, but I'm not nearly as eager to try it as I was when I first learned what it is.

>>49919187

I had a somewhat poor experience with EMA. Didn't find any chase-rares, and I already owned most of the commons and uncommons that I would've wanted.

With that said, if your collection's a bit anemic, I'd go for it.
>>
3 round event that pays out for 4 rounds means everyone gets a free win. And since I got the bye 2nd round, I now have a 2-2 record, which is good enough for 50 more prize tix. Whoop whoop f a m mmfwcl
>>
>>49919640

—5th Edition Dark Ritual and/or German Revised Dark Ritual. Schwarzer Ritus.
—Liz Danforth (Fallen Empires) Hymn to Tourach
—Judgment Cabal Therapy
—Alliances Force of Will (picked up a third one today!)
—Ice Age Brainstorm
—Urza's Saga Island (all of them)
—Old school Mana Vault and Sol Ring
—Anson Maddocks High Tide (hell; anything by Anson Maddocks is pretty awesome)
—I'd really love the new Goblin Charbelcher if the art had more fire in it. Oh, well.

Took LED Dredge out for a spin at the local today and went 2-1. Beat Bant control (not sure what the whole list looks like, but the guy's a really good player; he crushed me in game 1) and Death and Taxes (game 2, a clutch Therapy knocked out Ensnaring Bridge before he could lock me out); lost to Reanimator (Elesh Norn is really good against zombie tokens, Ichorids, and Narcomoebas. Fission mailed). Didn't get much use out of my sideboard cards, but testing Force of Will (now a 3x). Never got to fire a Flame-Kin Zealot.

>>49922787

Well done, sir!

From stuff you've said in the thread, I think I might know you IRL. I play Legacy around central VT/NH.
>>
>>49921339

The thing that makes it good is less the fact that its abilities are good (they are) than simply the fact that it increases your threat density.

The rise in D&T—and, perhaps, the fall of Storm—over the past month or so is, I think, because D&T's got a whole lot more things it can do (Prelate, new Thalia, Recruiter) if you can't go off right away.

>>49922020

I think that in Stax the bod is better than the lockdown. I think the lockdown is better in most decks, though, and even though it's not as good as the locking ability of, say, Old Thalia, these things have a habit of accumulating.

Having to fetch EoT just to be able to find duals at all is really nasty, and it makes tripping over Wasteland a lot more likely.

Also, 3 power might make her the biggest First Striker in the format.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1455404519025.jpg (24KB, 699x600px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1455404519025.jpg
24KB, 699x600px
>>49922874
>Opponent goes land, Dark Ritual, Entomb, Reanimate Elesh Norn
>mfw
Game two, I guess.
>>
>>49922971
between Recruiter, Prelate and new Thalia DnT is really suffering an embarrassment of riches right now. You want your four vials, four plows, three equipments, 23 lands, and then you're left with 26 slots for creatures and there are just too many good cards to put in there; something has to not make the cut
>>
>>49922874
Hmmm. It possible. There aren't many DDFT players so of you've met one in NH/VT/MA it may have been me. Where old you think we've met? Black moon games maybe? Scg worcester?
>>
>>49920073
>>9ED Sleight of Hand

now youve really outed yourself as one with poor taste. Portal is by far the best here.
>>
>>49922874
>From stuff you've said in the thread, I think I might know you IRL. I play Legacy around central VT/NH.

Ayo whatup you ever play legacy in Burlington? We have no tourneys... Are there any elsewhere in the state?
>>
ID'd with my last round opp so we could guarantee better prizes for ourselves. Played a match for fun after. He was on dnt. I got there in one game but lost the other 2. Thalia was a beating game 1, dread of night is great, wasteland and port are dumb cards.
>>
>>49923987
Nuh-uh, you're a dumb card.
>>
>>49923485
I'm sorry you can't see that 9ED is just objectively better in every way.
>>
>>49872086
>Easy Mode:
Nyp Gwillion + Edge of the Divinity. W Turn 2 4/4 with Lifelink. Yes, it's not perfect, but it works ok at my kitchen table, and that's where I play.
>>
What was chinaman's youtube channel senpaitachi?
>>
>>49923508
>>49923243

Unfortunately, I've only been able to find Legacy tournaments in New Hampshire. DDFT, I tend to play at Black Moon. You have a brother who also plays a lot of combo? I think we talked a bit at Worcester as well.
>>
>>49924277
>generic art
>white border
>new card frame

I mean portal has goofy art, but at least it has character. On the other two, you're just have bad taste.
>>
File: 115223188491.jpg (67KB, 735x541px) Image search: [Google]
115223188491.jpg
67KB, 735x541px
>>49924755
>you're just have bad taste
>>
>>49924755

I like the 7th Edition one. Unlike 7th Edition versions of virtually everything else.
>>
>>49925280
7ed foils are in the toppest of tiers if the art is passable (unlike, say, duress)
>>
>>49924421
Yeah dog that's me and my brother. Cool shit.
>>
>>49925570
fuck you, 7ed duress is GOAT. same for 7ed sleight of hand.

the duress art is actually goofy af, but that's why I like it so much
>>
>>49925789
>same for 7ed sleight of hand.

it's better than 9ed if you like goofy you have to give it to portal. as for duress i dunno what you're drinking but i'll have some
>>
>>49925580

Yeeeeah! Last time I played when you guys were there, I think your brother was on turbo-Dark Depths and you were on Doomsday. Good times. You guys play anywhere in Manchester very often? I have a good friend who lives there.
>>
File: 492338474_de241c1d62.jpg (81KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
492338474_de241c1d62.jpg
81KB, 500x333px
>>49907062
>mfw this card is part of a cycle with FoW
>>
F-Friendly shout out to any Orlando players. ;_;
>>
>>49926043
Yeah we mostly play in Manchester. Double midnight comics there started doing twice-monthly legacy modays. Haven't been up to black moon in a while since the friend we had in Lebanon moved. Should try to get back up there some time.
>>
File: 1407124171665.gif (500KB, 500x262px) Image search: [Google]
1407124171665.gif
500KB, 500x262px
>>49872086
I represent Miracles (Legends Version):

4 Brainstorm
4 Counterbalance
1 Counterspell
2 Entreat the Angels
4 Flooded Strand
1 Flusterstorm
4 Force of Will
3 Island
3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
4 Plains
3 Polluted Delta
3 Ponder
4 Sensei's Divining Top
4 Snapcaster Mage
4 Swords to Plowshares
4 Terminus
2 Tundra
1 Vendilion Clique
2 Venser, Shaper Savant
3 Volcanic Island

Sideboard:
1 Council's Judgment
2 Monastery Mentor
1 Ponder
1 Predict
4 Rest in Peace
4 Sudden Shock
2 Wear / Tear

>What archetype do you represent?
>>
>>49927610
Half of us are namefags. Our names tell you what archetype we represent. Namefag up, f a m
>>
>>49927610
Well for the most part we have trips but as far as archetypes go I don't think you are using the right word for what you mean.
>>
>>49927610
Do you not have Karakas in your deck? Am I just illiterate?
>>
>>49927610
>>49927958
Also, you have four basic plains in the counter balance deck? Doesn't
miracles normally play 2? Am I just going insane?
>>
>>49927989
Yeah usually 2, it doesn't look like his mana base is great.
>>49927610
You should really fix your mana base up, unless it's the way it is for budget reasons
>>
>>49927610
>Sideboard:
>4 RiP
>4 Sudden Shock
lmao

I can feel the salt through my screen
>>
>>49921339
She's ok. I sideboard her as a 1-of to really put the screws to Lands but i'd rather have a Palace Jailer or a Sanctum Prelate as a tutor target 99% of the time.
>>
>>49927610

you have literally no idea about miracles

if you think you do, stop playing the archetype immediately
>>
>>49928528
Now now, maybe he's trying to be a special snowflake like me. He posts this every thread so maybe he'll eventually respond to us and ask for help
>>
>>49926649
Ando-san... you're MaRo , aren't you?
>>49928242
>Palace Jailer vs. Miracles
I like it!
>>
File: Back+to+Basics+%5BUZ%5D.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Back+to+Basics+%5BUZ%5D.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>49928633
Mr. Esper Miracles thank you for coming to my defense.

I currently do not own a karakas. I plan on picking one up in the next two months.

I was thinking of making the secondary wincon / stabilizer as "Back to Basics".

I like the Joe Lossett Legends version and it has won me many games.

I LIKE MY SNAP CASTERS. I USE THEM RELIGIOUSLY. SUE ME.
>>
In what format is it easiest to make a viable brew: Legacy or Modern?

In Legacy the power level of established decks are so high. At the same time, the potential for brewing is also high, and a lot depends on the pilot. Meanwhile, the power level of Modern decks is overall lower, but the established tier 1 decks demand a lot of raw efficiency from brews.
>>
>>49930592
Legacy, imo.

Both formats are hostile to truly off the wall brews, though.

Legacy brews work because they abuse some kind of established engine or play a number of staple cards, even if they're ultimately different from tier decks.
>>
I wanted to tell all of you that my teammates are savages. I've reported how the magic playing went this weekend, but out side of magic it was madness. I was fortunately (unfortunately?) not with them for most of this because i don't party as hard as they do. But here is a list of things that happened to members of my playgroup:
strip club
robbery
weed
drinking
physical fight between 2 members
cocaine
crying drunk in a closet for 2 hours
maybe getting kicked out of a dave and busters?
spending $180 to nail a hooker for 15 minutes
and probably more
>>
>>49931451
friendly reminder that Magic is a children's card playing game
>>
>>49931451
>spends $180 to nail a hooker
>only gets 15 minutes
I sure hope she was a succubus.

And this >>49931458
>>
>>49931451
>Robbery
>Hookers
>Cocaine
>Physical Fights
Seems like an easy way to get my sleeves damaged and my foils bent senpai.
>>
>>49929891
I'm glad someone recognizes Ando-san
>>
>>49931451

Sounds like a catastrophic success!
>>
>>49931496
we gave him shit the whole weekend for getting so little for his money.
>>
>>49930592
Legacy has the biggest room for brewing.

BR Faithless Reanimator was a very successful brew and offshoot of UB Reanimator.

You have dredge brews that for go the big reanimation target and go for maximum value (the Damon Darby School of Thought)

There is an affinity brew that pops every now and then.

I have seen various prison (stompy) decks such as soldiers, goblins, and/or dragons.

You have Leovold Value which an offshoot brew of Shardless BUG.
>>
Looks like Wizards will finish burnwillows cycle for the new commander 2016.
>>
>tfw you decide you want to make a new deck so you sit at home brewing and when you finally make the full list your friend says it already exists.
>>
File: silasrennseekeradept.jpg (50KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
silasrennseekeradept.jpg
50KB, 265x370px
Anything you guys see that you like so far? I wanna test FatStrix as a 1-2 of for recursion and more chumping.
>>
>>49935771
new thread
>>
Took 2nd at an IQ with DnT last night. May post a tournament report later
>>
Opinions on the following cards in DGA?
>Grim Flayer
>Kambal
I'm assembling a list I'm hoping to slowly save up and play. Source says Flayer stretches the manabase too much, and Kambal comes out too late for when it matters.

That just makes me wonder what sort of anti-unfair tech I should be packing in a lower-curve rock deck like Deadguy.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.