[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Massive B-52 conversion into WH40K rules

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: tlkFc4y.jpg (1006KB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
tlkFc4y.jpg
1006KB, 5312x2988px
Hello TG,

I'm currently working on a B-52 Stratofortress that I'm planning on converting into a massive flyer.
It's a 1:72 ratio model, fuselage about 20in long by 4in around, the wings are 30in wide. Now I know off top of my head there isn't anything the Imperium has that is like that, so I'm wondering if there are any creative rule makers that may be able to help out with the overall tabletop part of it.

Bit of background: I'm currently rebuilding my SM Chapter that was dedicated to fighting Tyrannids. If that would be possible with this conversion, I would greatly appreciate the attempt.

Thank you
>>
>>49872021
play tau
>>
I would compare it to a thunderhawk with less guns/ no transport but a fuck ton of bombs.

B52- superheavy flyer 500pts
2twin linked heavy boaters
20 promethium bombs
(S6 Ap4 large blast ignore cover, soleblaze)

Scorched Earth: this unit may shoot only 5 bombs in each shooting phase

High altitude flyer: this unit my only be shot at by units with sky fire or other flyers.

Or something like that.
>>
>>49872338
Use this as their largest flyer ever? What was it called again? Barracuda?
>>
>>49872380
Hmm, I like this idea. What about shields of some sort? It would be a much slower aircraft compared to most.
Also thinking of adding a couple more turrets, probably two on each side, large one up front, one on top, and keep the one on the back, maybe expand it.
>>
>>49872474
Manta. Considering it costs £1020, it would be entirely reasonable to do this.
>>
>>49872505
Thank you for the correction, I just saw again. Yeah, it's huge. However, I have yet to see a Tau player with one. Might just be my city.
>>
>>49872474
Manta, but it's a very different beast to a plane - it's a very small spaceship that acts as a large gunship, with a few big guns, a large transport capacity and some point defences.

The closest direct analogue to your B52 we have is the Marauders, which are basically WWII bombers, but there's also two superheavy space marine flyers

Space Marine flyers are pretty much all transports/gunships, just because of how the SM operate, but you could certainly use their rules as a base, and add stuff from the Marauders

The biggest one, the Stormbird, is more than half a meter long, so I guess that'd be where you want to start?

Though I will point out that anything Imperial will be a lot more heavily built than anything IRL
>>
>>49872565
That's a key difference too. As much as I like the design of the Manta, the current structure of the B-52 would be more of a inner structure for plasticard and greenstuff over top. Not that I wouldn't mind doing that, it just kind of defeats the purpose of using this kit if none of the pieces will be visible.

Imperium likes to make a lot of their vehicles blocky, thankfully I have some extra pieces lying around I could use as plating to reinforce the overall structure and give it that Imperium look.

What about other branches of the Imperium that may have older tech allowing for something close, carrying a large payload of bombs and ordinance?

The Stormbird is a strong consideration. I also like it's weapon load outs and capabilites. What about a Stormbird variant that was meant to only engage in strafing runs or close air support, not transport?
>>
>>49872664
If it's just dropping bombs you want, the Marauder Bomber that >>49872565 mentioned is probably (very loosely) modeled after the B-26 Marauder. Per the rules, it mostly just drops bombs.

It's also smaller, though.
>>
>>49872664
>What about a Stormbird variant that was meant to only engage in strafing runs or close air support, not transport?
That seems like a good bet - space marines prefer to use gunships and transports, but having a bomber conversion isn't totally out there - though by the 41st Millennium it'd be a hell of a relic

Replace the transport capacity with some of the weapons from various bombers - Marauder and its variants, and I recall the Thunderhawk having bomb pylons - and seeing as the OG Stormbird carries 50 marines you can get a hell of a lot on there.

Add turrets, blockyness and engines, to taste - most imperial aircraft don't so much fly as they do force themselves through the air
>>
>>49872868
Would it be too much to consider it as a chapter relic then? Considering how some chapters have exclusive vehicles or weapons, I'm wondering if this could fall into that category.

I'm super excited to complete this conversion now. Once it's done, I hope the good people whom I play with will allow such a model on the table.

If there's any rules or ideas for weapons I would still like to hear them.
>>
>>49872021
Find the Marauder rules from Imperial Armour.

Use that.
>>
>>49872338
orks might make more sense, since it can be all orky and the non-standard design won't stand out so much
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.