[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I would like to hear your experience with kingdom dead. since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1476905571723[1].jpg (86KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476905571723[1].jpg
86KB, 900x600px
I would like to hear your experience with kingdom dead.

since news of a upcoming kick starter reached my ears i am scrapping about 500 bucks together.

can i get some story time ?
>>
>>49871617
This happened a while ago so I may mess up my memory of events.
>Using Ayla Promo figure as my guy.
>Tutorial fight.
>Group is all jovial about running it since it's our second run.
>I use my Founder Stone for the +1 Str boost.
>First round goes by, survival is getting burned up. But things are going well.
>Second round, Decapitation.
>Third round, keep doing our thing, which is to beat lion with rocks. Do 2 good wounds.
>Fourth round, Decapitation.
>Fifth round, lion is still fairly healthy and Zachary (one of the male PCs) gets mauled and loses a leg. His movement goes down to 3 and he has trouble making it to the Lion after being knocked back.
>Oh shit.
>Next round, Ayla goes berserk (ie I get super lucky) and castrates the Lion.
>That also means I can't lose the Priority Target token. It's literally a 1v1 fight to the death.
>Manage to somehow survive a few rounds thanks in particular to a miraculous double 1 on a Maul.
>Tear the Lion apart with fist and teeth with Zachary.
>After the battle I get a Bone Axe and I think a skull helmet.
>Group decides I can group the Lion Testicles until we have the Catarium for a Frenzy Potion.
>On the next Hunt we do Lion again, we get a ton of leather and a Mane. Lose 1 and my helmet gets destroyed. Not to bad. We start making buildings and innovating (can't remember what we did first) and bits for a full Rawhide set.
>Get a mantle for that sweet +1 head protection and of course, frenzy potion. We make a bow for the designated archer. I think we have a spear as well.
>Decide to fight the Spider year 3.
>Have not faced Spider at all yet.
>During the hunt phase someone gets a Steel Shield and Swords by rolling triple or quad 0s or something equally ridiculous. They're really good. But the shield also makes you really slow.
>Awesome who cares about being slow.
>Reach spider fight.
>Realize she's fast as fuck. Also realize we don't have a great way of killing lots of tiny spiders.
cont.
>>
>>49871933
>Spearman gets surrounded and eaten over the next few rounds as we desperately hack legs off.
>Link (Steel sword and Shield) can't get close to the main spider and tries to thin the herd.
>Archer hits the Trap and instantly gets devoured.
>Frenzy up, can kill spiders and save Link or go for the mad dash and try to kill the bitch.
>Can't quite kill her, but do a couple more wounds.
>Get swept by a rogue spiderling. Knocked down.
>Link starts bleeding heavily but he's still on his feet. Screams at Ayla to stand up and finish the job.
>Stand Up.
>Mad dash again, completely ignoring everything but the queen.
>Just have to put her down.
>This goes on for at least two more rounds before I finally kill her.
>Link is bleeding out and heavily wounded but he survives and kills most of the spiderlings.
>My characters picks up the shallow lungs disorder.
>Many huzzahs.
>Year 4.
>Butcher.
>>
I also heard about this and signed up for the newsletter so i could get in early. It looks like the raw game was about a 100 and it got expensive with all of the expansions. Do you think the price will stay close to the same? I want in on this but 500 seems like a lot if thats just the game. I might bend to 200 without any of my friends help. Also any news when it might be? Ive heard 'soon' since may.
>>
>>49872133
the promotion price was 300 dollaro's. we dont expect it to go lower.

but maybe we get sweet deals on new stuff.
>>
>>49872064
this almost sounds like a dwarf fortress type of injury management.

also. how are the spiders shown on the board? do you have like 20 mini's or are they tokens?
>>
>>49872227
The injuries are easy.

Monsters roll to hit you, and when they do you get fucked. That's pretty much it.

Basically the monster rolls d10 to hit. On a hit rolls a d6 hit location dice, and if you get 'hurt' (the damage number exceeds your damage boxes+armour at the location) you roll a d10 on the serious injury table and (usually) your armour gets destroyed.

>also. how are the spiders shown on the board? do you have like 20 mini's or are they tokens?
The Spider comes with 6 spiderling models. But you use tokens if you have a billion of them. Which does happen.
>>
File: Sheldon_Cooper.jpg (10KB, 400x223px) Image search: [Google]
Sheldon_Cooper.jpg
10KB, 400x223px
>>49871933
>and castrates the Lion
>castrates the Lion
>castrates
The fuck I'm reading?
>>
>>49872133
Newsletter says it ll go live on black friday.
>>
>>49872992
~KINGDOM DEATH~
>>
>>49872992
She ripped his fucking balls off?

Best part?

She held onto them for later so she could make them into a drink that makes her Faster, Stronger, and More Insane.
>>
>>49873044
so how did that work. like she rolls to hit then rolls to see what she hits and one of the options on the chart is the balls?

and then you roll for drop rate ?
>>
>>49873168
Nah, the monsters just have a deck of Hit Locations that you draw from when you hit them. Then you roll a die to wound each card or "location". So I drew the card Lion Genitals after hitting him and rolled a 10 to crit. Crits have special effects, some give you a bonus or stay in play, or some even give the other creature a bonus.
For example the genitals card (if you crit) makes him enraged so he always target you and he does +1 damage.
The tutrorial lion likewise has a card you put on the top of his deck Strange Hand that if you crit gives you +1 permanent str.

The monsters are heavily favoured in KD.
>>
>>49873168
>>49873255
It also gives you the specific resource "Lion Testicles" which you can use to make stuff.

I'm way to tired atm so I'll do the rest of the story (Butcher,etc) later hopefully with less mistakes and typos.
>>
>>49873255
so you play 25 years and you choose when you fight what? and you need to fight big bad at year 25 ?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.