[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toxic Community Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: GWstore.jpg (28KB, 483x336px) Image search: [Google]
GWstore.jpg
28KB, 483x336px
I visit the Gaming store in my area when ever I feel like a change of surroundings. It's a small store like 70% of it is taken up by tables and the rest is for the /tg/ kinda stuff and it's across the way from a coffee place so you get that comfy feel going in.The staff is about 3 guys that I've noticed, helpful but know to let some browse.

Outside of the locals I don't see it getting much business but recently my friends that go there had a small talk with me about the store and community there cause they saw I had an interest in trying a few things. Bottom lining it, the store owner from what was told to me has a petty streak in him a mile long and can be a napoleon of the store cause in this area it has a monopoly and he knows it, he likely isn't that bad but its discouraging. Another friend of mine just mentioned that I was just a better person than those in that community, he used to game but I'm not sure now.

I always had an interest in tabletop gaming but what can you do if the only place seems to have toxic people? Sorry for the blog but I'm just giving you my experience as an outsider to it. I can be diplomatic except when someone is being an ass I tend to call them out on it. Any advice would help.

Also whats the learning curve like for someone who wants to get into tabletop? again sorry for the blog
>>
>>49871483
What part of the tabletop interests you, anon? Wargaming, RPG, painting?
So far, you have only expressed a desire to play tabletop and heard bad things about the owner and community. Go see for yourself if it is as bad as you've heard. If it is, then there are always other options. If not, then you have what sounds like a rather cozy store to play in.
>>
>>49871483
I feel my local store owner is a bit like that, at the sametime he's very open and helpful.

It's just the way you approach people, I see him as a means to an end and if you ask the correct questions a source of knowledge and help.
>>
>>49871483
Learning curve is entirely dependent on what you're getting into and who your community is.

I respond to toxic communities in meatspace by gaming online instead.
>>
>>49871514
Well Wargaming and painting mostly. I bought a small 5 box of Gaunts to practice some painting. Not gonna lie, i was totally lost. I knew not to put on too thick a paint job but it just looked wrong. The i heard I had to prime it first..with no idea of what priming means so I went into a hardware store for primer but they I got a small paint brush primer, so I primed the gaunt in white with a brush. Really to you it would be a horror story. I got better but not good, i figured out priming was a facy way od saying spray paint it.

I'd like to rpg too but mostly the wargaming and painting part. In a sale I got Dust Warfare box of zombies and a warmachine battlebox, really not looking to dump a whole lot of money into the hobby cause im staking out the community. Thanks for reading and responding. There are no other options that are within an hours drive away. You're right I should see for myself.

>>49871521
That's true. I wouldn't be nasty just from a few others bad experience. A means to an end is the right way to think about it. I wouldn't need to be friends with the guy.
>>
bumping cause I don't know if /tg/ is a fast board or not.
>>
>>49872393
It used to be. Sometimes still is.
>>
one last bump
>>
Try to find another community elsewhere; it might be a bit more of a commute, but it's potentially worth it. If not, try and make your own community. Find people interested in tabletop, and start events.
>>
>>49871683

Swing by the /wip/ thread for some advice.

Priming means applying a coat of primer. Primer is a base paint that sticks well to the surface it's applied to and makes the paint stick much better. It comes in spray forms, and these are what you want to use for miniatures for the most part because they let you get the primer coat thin enough for those tiny models.
>>
>>49873771
thanks but that seems more than likely if that meta doesn't work out. Any idea how I could start one? Traveling to another area is too much of a commute. This store really has a monopoly.
>>
>>49873931
thanks ill do that.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.